4.0/5 (401 ratings)

About Pampers

Pampers Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Pampers?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Pampers?

Original review: Aug. 23, 2011

We just had our baby boy back in May 2011. We started using Pampers Dry Max and Swaddlers and since day one, he has had a horrible diaper rash. Diaper rash isn't even the word from the rash that he had. Red sore blisters, it was horrible. We first thought it was his formula, so we changed that but it didn't go away. Then we thought it was the wipes, we changed that but it still didn't go away. We went to the pediatrician and he gave us prescription diaper rash medicine and still the rash was not getting better.

Finally, we decided to change the diapers and within 24 hours, the rash began getting better. I think it is horrible that a company like Proctor and Gable/Pampers continue to make/sell the product the way it is. No child deserves to be put through the pain like my son did. I will never use any Pamper products ever again! Something needs to be done to get these diapers off the shelves!

Original review: July 16, 2011

Ten months ago my wife and I had a beautiful baby girl. We have enjoyed each day watching her grow up. Well, today our first true nightmare haunted us. Our daughter loves her pacifier. She has grown accustom to it. Today, it broke completely off the stopper and got caught in her throat. Luckily someone was right there to provide immediate assistance. This simple creation almost stopped a life. The piece that broke was too big for her to understand how to swallow it or spit it up. She is only 10 months.

The pacifier broke smoothly off in two pieces. I have searched for a mailing address and phone number to speak to headquarters directly. I do not want operators, clerks, or assistants. We are talking about lives. I would like to show you the pictures of this product and how the breakage was clean and show areas of concern.

I am trying to be proactive about this matter - but I do not know how long this feeling will last. I have the pacifier and pictures to show the breakage.

Original review: July 4, 2011

I found a razor blade in the lining of Pampers Dry Max, size 4 diaper. It was an old style, double edge razor. It was where the gel forms, on the inside of the diaper. Fortunately we went swimming and the diaper swelled, so we took it off. When we went to roll the diaper up, it popped out of the inner layer of the diaper. The grace of God, kept our child from being hurt by it. It just happened today and we haven't reported it yet to pampers.

Original review: July 1, 2011

I used Pampers Dry Max Newborn diapers and my baby girl broke out in such a burn/rash that her entire bottom and partial of her legs were blistered with the rash and when you wiped her bottom during diaper change, it would peel her skin back. She had this rash from day one of her life until she was about two months old. We tried cremes, going diaper free, no wipes, powdered, and countless doctor visits. This caused missed time at work for me and pain and suffering for her. I will request the medical records if needed. They don't lie.

Original review: June 12, 2011

My son had moderate contact dermatitis, requiring a visit to our pediatrician. This began approximately 24 hours after switching from Huggies brand diapers to size 2 Pampers Dry Max diapers. The rash continued to worsen until it was discovered that the change in diapers was the culprit. It was hard to believe the diapers were causing this rash, as our son had used Pampers brand as a newborn.

However, it was certainly the diapers as the blue absorbent strip found in the Dry Max diaper was transposed onto my son's genital area, only red and very irritated instead of blue. We now have close to 100 Pampers diapers we paid for and are unable to use or return for a refund as the package has already been opened. In addition, we have the cost for the office visit for our son to see his pediatrician who agreed without a doubt that the Pampers Dry Max diapers were the culprit. Fortunately, our son's rash has already improved dramatically within 24 hours of discontinuing the Pampers Dry Max diapers.

Original review: June 10, 2011

I purchased a packet of Pampers Sensitive baby wipes from the store on Tuesday, 7/6/11. I opened the wipes yesterday so I could change my son only for two bugs to fall out. I was shocked. I checked the packet to see if there were any holes they could have crawled in. There wasn't. I pulled a couple more wipes out and two more fell out. I would like for yourself to look into my complaint. I am not happy about this. I have kept the bugs so I can go back to the Wilkinsons store and show them.

Original review: May 22, 2011

I bought a pack of pampers economic nappies and 6 of them only has a strap on the one side so I can’t use them for my baby and I think this is a waist for me. If it was just one, I would understand, but six is too many. I want a refund for them and I think that Pampers should take better care as the manufacture of these nappies because they are a well known and respected brand and this is not acceptable. I would really appreciate it if I could receive some feedback from Pampers.

Original review: May 19, 2011

I have been using pampers since my oldest son was born. I love the diapers but I bought 2 boxes of diapers from Wal-Mart and I started using them and the Velcro strap on the diapers were not fully sowed on. Every time my son goes to play his diaper will break and fall off. I want to get reimbursed for my money or some coupon to get me 2 more boxes. They were not the small bags they were the large boxes, you can even throw in some diaper wipes or something else extra if you would like for my trouble. I hope to be hearing from someone soon.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2011

I have used Pampers Disposable Diaper on and off on my 18-month-old son since he came home from the hospital and noticed that he ended up with severe rash on his bottom. When his pediatrician saw the rash, she immediately said that it does not look like a regular diaper rash and looks more like acid rash and perhaps he may be lactose intolerant. I have switched him to lactose free milk and at the same time switched him to Huggies Diapers. He hasn't had a rash in months until this weekend after I switched him back to Pamper Cruisers with Dry Max, thinking that it fits him better. I switched him on Monday morning and his genitalia were red by Monday night. By Tuesday, he had diaper rash on his bottom area as well. I know that he gets changed at day care every two hours and every more frequently at home. I honestly believe that it is Pampers that caused the rash. My husband went out to buy Huggies last night and will never use Pampers again.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2011

We purchased Pampers diapers for my granddaughter born last Dec. 10, 2010. At 2 weeks made old, she developed a rash. At 3 weeks old, she developed blisters, even though her Mom changed her constantly. And creams were ineffective. So we changed the diaper brand to Huggies, and the rash and blisters cleared right up.

We trusted Pampers, and my family went through agony at Christmas time. My tiny granddaughter was in pain and cried every time she had to go to the bathroom. No brand-new baby should have to suffer chemical-like burns.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2010

I purchased these diapers, size 4 , for my 9 month old. Simply stated, my husband and I put a fresh diaper on at close to 10 pm. When we got up the next morning, at around 6:15 am there was gel everywhere, including my son's face. This is ridiculous. To make matters worse, when I called in to complain to the Procter and Gamble corporation and wanted to share photos of what had taken place, the operator talked over me and told me there was no way to get the photos through to them unless it was through the mail. And to put the icing on the cake, I was sent a $10.00 coupon to purchase a new box. Sorry to tell them, my box was $16.99 and they can take that same 10.00 and use it to put towards bettering their product.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2010

Hey, I have purchased a pack of Pampers Baby Dry (no. 4) for my son aged 7 months and what I found, I found a piece of wood in one of the nappies! It’s not a joke. If I didn’t notice it would probably have hurt my son because it has a sharp edge. I’m asking myself if the company is checking up the quality. And not to mention the straps that doesn’t stick. I always use Pampers but I’m considering in changing the brand because it’s not worth it throwing those nappies because they don’t stick.

It’s like throwing away money cause in Malta they are very expensive compared to other nappy brands! And it is not funny to find a piece of wood stuck in one of the nappies with sharp edge! Fortunately enough there was no damage cause. I noticed the piece of wood immediately but there would have been serious injury because the baby’s skin is so soft that it could easily been damaged by this piece of wood.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2010

I bought a big packet of Pampers nappies size 4+ for my baby at Reggies in Cape Gate Centre and came across eight nappies having only one strap on the nappy. I had to use four of the eight and put cellotape on just so my baby's bottom could be covered. I still have the other four at home. I am very disappointed. Please get back to me soon.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2010

Since they change to the new "formula", my son has been getting severe rashes! He is 30 months now and I have only used Pampers since birth! We have experimented with other brands and those others have always caused a rash! I trusted Pampers and now my son is suffering with no alternative. Whatever the new "chemical" is in DryMax, it is not worth it! And for the record, I change him frequently! I have been OCD about preventing rashes since his birth!

Original review: Nov. 4, 2010

I have been purchasing Pampers brand of diapers for my son since he was born, he is now 22 months old. I've refused to use any other brand on him. I have been very satisfied up until recently. I purchased Pampers Cruisers, size 3 and every single diaper falls apart! It is not the straps but the actual liner coming apart from the outer layer. Diapers are not cheap and it is very upsetting to have a whole box do this. I will probably give it one last try and if it happens again, I will be shopping for a different brand!

Original review: Oct. 30, 2010

My daughter is nearly 3 years old. I purchased size 6. There was a problem with the fastener, on several, it had fallen off. Always buy Pampers.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2010

On October 29, 2010, I purchased a package of Pampers Extra Protection size 4, 27 count from Shop Rite in Brooklawn, NJ for my 16-month-old son. The first diaper he had on for roughly an hour or so when I noticed that the gel from the inside of the diaper was coming out. The second diaper lasted roughly 2 hours before the same thing happened. At 1:00 am on October 30, I awoke to my son screaming loudly in his crib.

When I entered the room I saw him standing in his crib sobbing. Upon approaching his crib, I saw that his entire diaper had disintegrated and all of the gel inside of the diaper had come out all over his legs from his thigh to his ankle. It was also in a pile on his crib sheet. It made a mess everywhere. Since I had purchased no other diapers, I had no choice but to put on another Pampers Extra Protection diaper and wait until morning to buy something that worked.

I am very displeased with Pampers as I have had similar experiences with my other 2 sons using Pampers diapers, minus the Cruisers. I only bought the Extra Protections because I received some coupons in the mail and I had never tried them before. I'll never use them again as they are clearly obsolete. I'll return instead to using Huggies as they have worked well with all of my three boys.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2010

I haven't called Pampers to make the complaint yet but I know for a fact that their diapers has something wrong with it. This the second time my son attracted a chemical looking burn rash. He has been using this product for 14 months and then we ran out of diapers. His Day Care used a Pampers diaper 2x's and he broke out with this rash.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2010

I have been using Pampers Swaddlers since my baby was born 5 months ago and had no problems. Unfortunately, last week, I accidentally purchased Pampers Swaddlers with Dry Max. My baby had a total of 3 diaper changes in an eight-hour time period. By the last diaper change, she had the worst diaper rash I have every seen on a baby. She had a little diaper rash once before but this was red and blistery. My poor baby girl was in so much pain. It was heartbreaking. I don't know if it was a chemical burn, but I can say that my daughter had a blister where you could see that the layer of skin was missing. I immediately purchased the Swaddlers without Dry Max and five days later, she still has a blister but the rest of the rash is gone and it is healing. I feel that P&G should really take these complaints much more seriously and recall all of the diapers.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2010

On September 28, 2010, I bought a box of Pampers diaper (size 2, count 96) at a Wal-Mart store. First, when I was changing my daughter's diaper, I saw some vein looking white lines all over her skin and I thought my husband put the diaper too tight and the skin was badly wrinkled; However, on the next change it had changed to some reddish rash. It's lucky she didn't go to a baby sitter that day; otherwise, I would have blamed the baby sitter causing the rash for not changing my daughter's diaper on time. I kept changing her diaper more frequently and watching her closely. That night my daughter kept waking up and crying unusually may be it was burning her. I didn't realize it was caused by the diaper until I saw it getting worse as I kept watching and treating her to avoid her from sitting on a wet diaper. She never had a diaper rash. This is the first time it ever happened to her. Therefore, I do not want to continue using this set of diapers and may be no more Pampers diapers.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2010

I've tried to get my monies. The company hasn't protected me. It sounds crazy but I put on the contract. My name would be Seven Samuel **, just like the number. I need my monies in full. I had strawberry blonde hair on the logo. I believe it was in California. Please help them find me and get me my monies. I signed a paper saying Mark could cash it for me. But I've been aggravatingly robbed in other lives and made sign people over monies. I need my monies. Please investigate every life. The company said the individuals would protect me. They haven't yet. Please investigate. Thank you. This is his mother. Please help him get his monies. He was supposed to get it at 18 and he needs it in full.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2010

I used the Dry Max diapers and caused a rash. I also switched back to the regular diapers because you get more in the box. After 3 hours, my daughter was waking up with soaking wet clothes and sheets.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2010

Since my son was born, I've used Pampers nappies. As he was growing older, he developed many of weeping sore blisters on his bum. He would cry in the middle of the night with the pain he was in. At times, he would go over to my sofa and put his arms on the sofa where he lay his head and cried with the pain from his bum. He has had many, many hours without wearing a nappy as I've tried always to let the air get to his bum to clear up the open wounds! I first of all thought it may be the cream I was using but thought this strange as I had used the same cream on him since he was born, even know in my heart I knew it wasn't the cream. I still paid very good money out on different creams to try and correct the problem. The problem still remained!

On and off as time has passed by, I've still bought Pampers nappies but they have been all different brands of Pampers nappies me thinking they are a good make and one must be fine with his skin! My son is now two and has now developed a severe rash all up his legs on his lower back and even on his arms! I've seen my doctor today who had to prescribed me with a much stronger cream that has steroids in the cream to clear the infection as the prior cream I tried to clear this up simply wasn't touching the rash as it was that bad.

I've had my suspicions the nappies over time hence me switching different brands of nappies but on and off the problems still were there! I have always washed my sons lower parts with plain water and cotton wool not to aggravate the skin even more so I knew it wasn't anything in a wet wipe as I don't use them on his lower areas! The latest brand I bought was simply dry, paid a lot of money for a box of them. My god, worse thing I done. It's since he has been wearing this brand that this rash all over his legs arms and lower back has appeared, not to mention he doesn't have to wear them long before the nappy leaks crystals all over the carpets. He is a toddler so runs around a lot by the time. I catch him to get the nappy off him. The crystals are everywhere, not to mention stuck to his skin.

When I think of all the times I tried different brands of Pampers and different creams and I think of all the times my son was crying in pain and couldn't walk properly due to weeping wounds and bright red sore bums, I am so very annoyed with this brand. Why is nothing being done about this? Pampers are very quick in taking customer's money for they're supposed to be trusted brand and instead they have lost our trust and left us with children in pain. It's so wrong! Something needs to be done and done fast.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2010

Whenever we change a diaper, there are white crystals on our baby's skin. These crystals seem to be coming out of the inner lining of the diaper. They seem to be harmless, but it takes extra time to clean them off.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2010

I have been using Pampers Swaddlers and Pampers Cruisers for all my kids approximately 4 years. My 16-month old daughter developed a rash that wouldn't go away. I have a newborn as well who developed a rash so severe that she had blisters on her bottom. The rash was everywhere the diaper touched her, belly, back, bottom, etcetera. Whatever change they made with their formula has adverse effect on my kids and am now shopping for another brand.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2010

I purchased Dry Max Pampers for my 6-month old daughter around the end of June 2010. My daughter experienced some redness around her vaginal area. I quickly returned them to the store and exchanged them for Pampers Baby Dry, the kind I had always used for eight years on all four of my children along with Pampers Cruisers with out the Dry Max formula. I was an avid Pampers supporter, being very careful what was being introduced to my babies sensitive skin with three of them suffering with eczema.

Around the beginning of August, my husband made the mistake of purchasing Cruisers with the Dry Max formula again which I decided to try once again thinking it may not have been the Pampers. Once again redness appeared and I quickly stopped use of Dry Max Cruisers that same day and went back to Pampers Baby Dry. The next day her vaginal area, rectal area, around her waist line and back and even her belly button were all an angry beefy red color and very itchy. She cried and grabbed in pain.

Keeping in contact with her pediatrician's office. We tried Nystatin cream--didn't work, Miconazole cream--didn't work and with a visit to her pediatrician-- clotrimazole cream was prescribed and is now not working. Use of each different cream yielded some relief in the beginning of each use but ending with redness and continued itching. A phone call will be put in to her pediatrician's office on tomorrow which will be September 10th to see what else needs to be done to rid her of this pestering rash. Even now, dealing with this disturbing rash, the Pampers Baby Dry has been linking and a gel like material has been coming out from between the two layers of material from the back of the pamper. Mind you, over eight years I trusted Pampers but now is very disappointed and of course looking to put my trust in another company.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2010

I purchased a box of pampers Stage 4 at the local PriceSmart dealership in Port of Spain, Trinidad. I normally used Huggies, but as Pampers advertised the increased amount of disposables in the Stage 4 box and I had previously used the Stage 1-2, I decided to give the product another try. I noticed my daughter developed a diaper rash around the vagina area after use. I had to immediately stop the use of the product and purchase a box of Huggies. I still have some of the Pampers disposable diapers at home as I do not want to give or donate to any one for fear that their child may develop a rash.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2010

Well, I have bought Pampers nappies quite a few times and every time I have my son has leaked through them. It's not very nice as they are suppose to be 1 of the best nappies to use which I find they are clearly not. He gets a rash straight away from them and for the price we pay for a pack of nappies is ridiculous. They should not leak or form a rash at all. I am very disappointed and will not be using this product again.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2010

I bought the Pampers baby dry diapers and have noticed that when my baby has about 1 or 2 pees in her diaper, they have little cracks that appear, which leads to the pee or poo leaking through the little cracks, and is staining through to her clothes. I am sure this is not supposed to happen, considering they are supposed to last up to 8 hours. Hers isn't lasting more than 2.

I am not very happy. I have always used and supported Pampers, and now I am really unimpressed. Diapers are really expensive these days, and the economy is making it hard enough to buy diapers at a regular rate, but I am now going through more than average baby, because of this problem. I think it's ridiculous. Pampers is all about how they are the best diapers, but these ones are not. I thought it may have just been one pack, but it's happening again with a new pack. I really don't enjoy having to change my child's clothes, every time I change her diaper.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2010

We bought a case (96) of Pampers Dry Max diapers for our 9 month old 3 weeks ago. She has never had even the start of diaper rash, and the evening after we started using these diapers, she had not just a rash, but blisters and burnt areas to her entire butt, and her genitalia. She was screaming in pain, and was up the entire night. It was absolutely heart wrenching that my baby was in that much pain.

She had used Pampers when she was a newborn without any reaction, so we ruled out the possibility of this "rash" being from her diapers. When I saw that this issues has been known since May, it absolutely disgusted me. It has now been 3 weeks since the incident, and my baby girl has scars to her buttocks, legs, and vagina. Why were these diapers not pulled from the shelves?

Pampers Company Information