1.54/5
Based on 151 reviews that contain star ratings
Show rating distribution

Pampers

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Sept. 21, 2017

451 Pampers Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Sept. 21, 2017

I'm a loyal Pampers Premium Care customer, my daughter is 16 months, still using the Pampers Premium since she was born. I have bought 6 boxes of Pampers Premium Care nappies lately with leak problem, 4 boxes from Baby Boom and 2 from Marko, over 80% of the nappies are faulty, I have informed the stores and they asked me to contact Pampers directly since they cannot assist me, the nappies leak, stitching on the sides come off that cause the leak and child soaking wet, the gel to come off that is not hygienic and safe for any child and for the money spent on the Pampers Premium Care BRAND the pediatricians No 1's choice.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2017

I have two children. My eldest is now nine. I always used Pampers. They were great. Then I had a baby in 2015. Decided to go with pampers. They leak terribly. The straps at the front do not go around his body and they seem to be bigger on one side than the other so they go on wonky all the time no matter how much I try to correct them. Every time I go out I have to change before I leave and when I get to wherever I'm going that's if he isn't already wet. It's absolutely ridiculous. I've now changed to Asda's supermarket own brand which are 100% better.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: July 25, 2017

My son is 20 months. He has been on Pampers Premium since birth. For the last three months his nappy leaks, specifically during the night. I have resorted to changing a partially soiled nappy before settling down for the evening to try and avoid leakage. This means wasting nappies to try and circumvent a change of soiled pajamas and mitigate my washing load. So much for up to 12 hours of dryness. My son is 13 kilos which is within the weight range for Pampers Premium, size 5. He has a small waist so the fit is not an issue. The nappy specifically leaks from the top up which is strange as I make sure that the nappy fits snug but comfortable.

Since three months ago I have never had an issue with Pampers Premium, I have argued my stance on this preference every time my husband tried to get me to purchase a cheaper nappy. I have advocated this brand to every new and existing mother. I cannot do so any longer as the brand is failing me. Unless I am doing something wrong, I need a representative from Pampers to explain to me why this is happening. I have read the article on the pampers website about leakages and none of those points apply to my situation. The Pampers range is also very limited to SA customers which doesn't help my cause. I would like to stick with Pampers but I'm losing loyalty with every leaking nappy...

Original review: July 12, 2017

Have been using Pampers since my daughter was born. She is 13 months now but the problems that I am experiencing with Pampers is the nappy leakage. I tried the pants and nappies. It's still the same. I find myself having to change my daughter three times at night and almost every 2 hours. The other day I forgot to change her in three hours. She had develop the nappy rash. I'm very worried. I don't know if there is other nappy that I can use.

Original review: June 18, 2017

I have been using Pampers since my son was born. He is 17 months now but the problems that I am experiencing with Pampers is the leakage. I tried the pants and nappies it's still the same. I find myself having to change my son twice in the night and almost every 2 hours. I am not sure if there are other nappies that I should try.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Pampers?

Original review: June 13, 2017

I am extremely frustrated at the service of your nappies. Once again you guys continue to let me down. I have complained on a number of times and service levels have not improved. Last month and again this month I purchased a box of Pampers extra absorbency stage 4+ maxi for game the one that comes in the 3 pack. It leaks in the back left hand side and I have to keep on changing my baby. What is the use. I am boxing the box but using them much fast. Last month I had overlooked this, think it might get better but still no change. The RSA number is **.

This time I am not going to settle for your R 200.00 voucher. I would like a Pampers hamper as well as money to purchase a new box. It is rather costly to keep buying the nappies and traveling up and down and not being happy with the product. I request a senior supervisor or manager to get in contact with me and sort this out ASAP. I am very unhappy and if not sorted I will post on the website. Please up your service levels or I will take my business to another provider. Extremely unhappy.

Original review: March 21, 2017

Granddaughter was sleeping on stomach. When I picked her up, front of her clothes was soak with urine. Some of tabs on side of Pampers pulls completely off. Bought Pampers from Sam's Club. My granddaughter is 5 months old. Very disappointed read on box number 1 in every hospital. Thank you.

Original review: March 17, 2017

The first product was introduced for children's is the name Pampers. But now the quality of the product is very worst with not compare anyone. Because of the reason is absorbing capacity. Not worth for at least 3 hrs for 3 month baby. Most better Huggies and Mamy Poko Pants product. Don't say about the hours of absorption and one Pampers for one dry night. It just is worth for 2 hours only.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2017

Pampers baby dry diapers are terrible and leak minutes after putting it on my child. There is NO absorbency!!! Have $100 worth of diapers and called customer service and they said basically too bad that they will reimburse me for half of that! What a joke!!! NEVER BUYING PAMPERS AGAIN!!!

Original review: Jan. 20, 2017

A few minutes after putting on a clean diaper my son was so agitated trying to rip it off. I immediately took it off to find that he was red all over. Customer service assures me that their products are thoroughly inspected. That was it. That was all they had to say.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2017

Pampers Size 5 - The leg cuffs were stuck, I had to carefully tear it apart to try and use some diapers, but some got torn. I then bought another box of Pampers, but in this box there was some diapers with no tape to stick the diaper on. I experienced this problem in November 2016. I e-mailed Pampers, the customer services promised to send vouchers to me, almost 2 months later I have not received these diapers. It was not just 1 or 2 diapers that I experienced a problem, it was almost the whole box.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2016

I bought Pampers jumbo pack size 5 at pick n pay in cape town, strand area. I found 2 nappies that didnt had on the 1 side a safety strap that holds the nappy together. Unfortunately I throw the 1st one I found away and then after 4 day I found a second 1 in the pack and kept it.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2016

I bought, size 5 nappies (jumbo pack) in September 2016. My complaint is that the adhesive strip that is meant to hold the nappy in place when fastened, has peeled off and as a result the nappy is not holding adequately and we change the nappy often. This is clearly a defective batch (Barcode: 4015400736622 S100006449.97319581) which has resulted in me buying extra nappies which was not budgeted. Could you please take a look into this matter as money is a factor. I look forward to your reply but understand that I shall escalate this matter accordingly if not communicated. Thank you.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2016

Pampers sensitive wipes - Caused horrible redness and diaper rash within hours after using these wipes in my 4-month old son and my sister's 1 month old baby. Did not happen with any other brand we used.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2016

We had just switched to Pampers diaper from Luvs but we are now going back to Luvs because we had just changed my daughter diaper 10 minutes before going into Walmart and as soon as we get in the store we see a puddle of urine leaking from daughter legs to the floor. It was very embarrassing knowing the diaper didn't last 20 minutes and they suppose to last 12 hours. Not just that the urine have came through the diapers several times on my living room sofa set to where I have to go purchase another set because I cannot get urine smell out a.s.a.p. I'm very disappointed to these diapers are no good. I will be contacting them about the problems.

Original review: June 14, 2016

I started using Pampers premium care two months ago when my little girl was born, but now when she passes urine I can immediately smell it. I have to change her nappy every 30 mins because I can smell it. Not sure what the problem is but I am truly disappointed in this product. These nappies are not cheap.

Original review: June 6, 2016

I have bought Pampers since the day my son was born. He now has been having problems with leaking at night when the box says up to 12 hours my son only sleeps for 8 and wakes up soaked in pee clothes and all.

Original review: June 5, 2016

When I became a mom, one of the things I had to regularly shop for was, of course, diapers. Among the several brands available, I chose one that was reputable although something affordable was ideal. I started with the newborn size and stayed loyal all throughout up to my daughter's toddler years as they were a good fit for her and never gave her rashes. I'd recommend it to other moms but only if they are willing to spend for it. Otherwise, I think other brands would suffice. :-)

Original review: May 19, 2016

Pampers has always been a trusted brand in our household. I have two beautiful children and all I want is for them to have the best of everything. I wish for them to be healthy to be able to make the most and the best of everything. A good night's rest plus a supervised productive play are ingredients to that. With Pampers (especially the Baby Dry and the newest Premium Care), my kiddos enjoy longer hours of sleep and play without being disturbed by a problematic nappy. These diapers provide up to 12 hours of dryness, though, of course, we have to change nappies from time to time. Also, they don't leak, they're light weight and the stretchy tape on each side are great. Since it's clothlike, a Pampers nappy does not produce annoying sounds... :) Awesome!

Pampers is one of the most expensive brands there is in the market, however, it is a tried and tested brand. I have tried different brands (Huggies, Drypers, MamyPoKo, etc), but Pampers is still what my kid's skins prefer. My first daughter has an overly sensitive skin and gets rashes from God-knows-where, and she was okay with Pampers. I don't know with my second child, but I didn't try other brands with her - used Pampers without thinking twice. With these I can say, we really get what we pay for. As their jingle says, "Welcome to a world of Love, Sleep and Play..." it really does ensure longer hours of sleep and play for infants, making them feel more loved... I guess. Pampers is still one of the best brands. Highly recommended by moms I know, and I highly recommend it, too.

Original review: May 16, 2016

I am a first time mom and was told that Pampers Premium is the best diaper for babies. However, I don't believe that as I had purchased the size 1 Pampers Premium only to find that it is not so absorbent as the other brands. I was told that Pampers Premium is the best, I don't think so. I purchased 3 packs of 94 and it was purchased via takealot.com. I had to invest in more diapers cause I couldn't trust Pampers Premium. I am not sure if they were old stock or what but my experience was dreadful.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2015

I am very excited on being the mother and want to give the best to my baby. I have heard Pampers for being the best diaper in the market. I am using Pampers for my 1st baby. My hospital nurse also recommended to use Pampers as this is best brand for baby diaper. Regardless of most expensive diaper, I am using Pampers diaper for my baby. It was working fine when I was buying small packets of Pampers Swaddlers. We required more diapers for baby so we bought big box of Pampers.

I wondered that every hour my baby clothes are getting wet. Even when she is wearing Pampers diaper, I need to change her all layers of cloth every time and she started shivering due to cold. She is not able to sleep in the day and night. Also she use to cry every hour. When we checked, we found her clothes are wet and she is shivering due to wet clothes which made her cry. I am wrapping diaper very tightly, also my baby is getting marks due to tight wrap, but still facing the same issue. I am completely depressed with the quality of Pampers diaper. We bought another boxes of diaper, expecting that it might be due to some wrong thing in the previous box batch lot. Again the same problem I found in using those Pampers diaper from another box which I bought.

Also I tried to inspect the cause of this. I just make my baby wear the diaper and waiting for her 1st pee. As soon as she did pee, diaper along with all her dress become wet. And the line in the diaper was still all yellow, except very little blue. My baby and I suffered a lot due to this diaper. I was not able to catch my sleep which was causing a lot of disbalance in my family life. I realize that then it make no sense of using costly diaper like Pampers.

I am scared with the best brand of diaper so I tried another brand of diaper on my little honey. I am really happy it is working fine. Now in the night I am changing my baby diaper only once and that too no dress wet at all. I don't know if someone else are also facing the same problem, but I had very bad experience with the Pampers diaper and I do not want to recommend anyone for this diaper.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2015

My baby got rashes after using Pampers dry pants for the first time.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2015

I have be working in childcare with young children for over 25 years. That has been a lot of diapers. I've seen many brands and qualities of diapers and have always favored Pampers... Until now! The new line they have called EASY UPS are horrible. My parents in the program who bought them had no idea what they were actually buying and were very disappointed afterwards. Please be aware that these do not have any fasteners on the sides which means they are fine if your child is at the point of no accidents. Then they are just a disposable underwear. But it means that if your child does soil it, the removal of it and the putting on of the next one means you must remove all their lower clothing to get them on/off.

My children are trained to remove their own diaper with tabs. They are so proud when they do this. But with easy ups the child has pulled the sides to remove it and it snaps them. And this just delays their process of toilet training so much more because every time they need a new diaper, they have to take everything off. Take it from a professional diaper changer... AVOID EASY UPS!!!

Original review: Oct. 19, 2015

I’ve been using Pampers Baby-Dry diapers for my son ever since he was born last July. It worked great for him but was quite pricey so I tried less expensive nappies. I’m glad I only bought a few pieces of the other diapers because they were not as reliable as Pampers. They either caused rashes on my baby’s bottom or leaked after a few pees making my son cry so hard his voice became raspy the next morning. With Pampers, my baby had smooth skin and slept better at night so I returned to it. As expected, the rashes disappeared and he stayed dry for long hours. The endless crying stopped and my baby's voice went back to normal. Plus, goodbye sleepless nights. :)

Original review: Oct. 3, 2015

I've always used Pampers on all of my children. Last night I went to Walmart to pick up a box and all they had were the Hypoallergenic kind so I thought I would give them a try. Today, my 6 month old was sitting on my lap and my lap felt like it was on fire. I picked him up to see if maybe I had put the diaper on a bit crooked and he had pee'd on me. My lap was dry but when I felt the diaper it was incredibly hot. It's normal for diapers to be a bit warm when a baby goes but this was RIDICULOUSLY hot. I then noticed a weird smell, I assumed he had pooped. I took off his diaper and everything looked okay, no poop and had thought maybe it was my imagination. I put a new one on him and while he was laying on the couch next to me about 20 minutes later, I smelled that same odor (smelled like burning chemicals) and my son was beginning to cry.

By the time I grabbed a new one to change him he was screaming like he was in pain and the diaper was extremely hot again! I opened the diaper and he was obviously irritated. Red throughout and screaming. I've NEVER experienced anything like this after 3 kids and using strictly Pampers brand. My son doesn't sit in soiled diapers for long periods of time and has never even had the slightest rash. I'm not sure what is causing the smell and the diaper to get that hot, but I am NOT a happy camper about it. I will not put him in another Pampers Hypoallergenic diaper again. A diaper that claims to be safe for sensitive skin has been the only one to put him in severe pain. Has anyone else had this issue?

Original review: Sept. 21, 2015

I am a great believer in Pampers diapers, my baby is now 14 months and I have been using Pampers from birth, but I have now started using the Nr6 pack, already used 4 of these jumbo packs. I am experiencing problems with the product that when the nappy is not even full to its capacity I find that the nappy's gel inside falling out between the legs, I thought ok it might have just been that ONE nappy made in error, but the more nappies I tried all of them did the same. The pack that I am having trouble with at this moment was bought from Pick n Pay in Richards Bay. Please see bar code 4015400244875. Could this matter be investigated and provide feedback as I really don't want to change my brand but if this continues I will unfortunately have to stop supporting Pampers. Thank you and will be waiting for correspondence.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2015

I use size 6 Pampers Nappies for my grandchild, and have recently found that the tabs have been shortened, and find that with the shorter tab the little one is wetting through. This was not the case with the longer tab, and it really is not satisfactory.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2015

I went to Pampers' online site to get updated information as well as coupons for my children to get Pampers for all of my grandchildren. (I have 4 grandchildren currently in diapers). I had to register (which takes a couple of minutes), then tried to log in and then the Pampers site said I was not in their system. I input my information six (6) times. The problem is that their website does not have a send or submit button. Their site is a complete JOKE! I am going to report it to Google and The BBB!

Original review: Sept. 5, 2015

I went online and pulled up Pampers, and found a site that I could register to and get updates on new products and coupons etc. I tried to register a total of (6) six times! Problem with this site is there is no place at all on the entire site to send or input all of the entire data that you have just spent time and effort on thinking that you were going to accomplish something in the end. This is a JOKE! I tried to log in after I had input all of my information all 6 (six) times and for some reason they did not even have ANY of that information either! I am going to report this to Google. You need to fix this problem or take it down!

Original review: Aug. 23, 2015

I received Pampers wipes for my baby shower this year. I got wipe refills and also travel wipes. I went to wipe LO yesterday and just happened to feel something odd before I used the wipe. Thank god! There was a white piece of very sharp plastic embedded in the wipe. Now if I wouldn't have happened to feel this beforehand I hate to imagine what it would have done if I would have wiped her sensitive bits.

Pampers Company Information