1.04/5
Based on 27 reviews that contain star ratings

38 Jardine Cribs Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Aug. 3, 2009

I had purchased a Jardine crib two years back, and now, it has been recalled. I have got a voucher for the recalled crib price amount, which can be used only at Babies "R" Us. Now, I haven't found anything at Babies "R" Us which matches the price or any of the other nursery furniture. The closest option is around $200 more than the voucher amount, which I am not willing to shell out, considering I get a similar quality and safe product at Target for $100 less. Now, the product is defective and the consumer doesn't have the flexibility in choosing what they want? This seems ridiculous. I would like a check/cash instead for the price of crib, including inflation. Can this qualify for a class action suit?

Original review: May 5, 2009

I purchased a nursery set at Babies R Us about a year ago for over 800.00. The crib was recalled. I have been told by Dorel (Jardine) the company who made the crib that I would receive a $360.00 credit for a new crib at Babies R Us. There are no cribs that match my original set I am satisfied with (look and quality)and the only one I even like is a different color and has been marked down to 199.00. I have also been told by Jardine (Dorel) and Babies R Us that I would not receive the difference of about 150.00 to use on product to replace the original set. This cannot be legal. I paid a total over over 360.00 for the crib to babies r us and should be entitled to the left over 150.00 to replace the other products.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2008

I had purchased a Jardine Crib Model #0309K00 which got recalled. I had spent about $100 in shipping costs when I bought the crib the first time. Now Jardine has recalled the Crib and has sent me a voucher to buy a replacement. However they are not willing to foot the shipping costs. BabiesRUs is charging $110 towards shipping and Jardine expects me to foot the costs for a replacement crib.

Not only do I have to go through 6-8 weeks without a crib but now I have to foot the bill for shipping the crib to my residence for no fault of mine. While $110 is a small amount, I feel cheated by Jardine's principle putting the onus on the consumer to foot shipping costs for not fault of theirs.

The lack of a crib has definitely impacted my Child's sleeping habits and my productivity on account of my lack of sleep. Now the inconvenience of having to pay for shipping twice to own a crib which has a chance of being recalled again. At this rate I might end up paying more for shipping than for the crib.

Original review: July 2, 2008

After speaking with Janet at my local Babies R Us (Newark, DE) on the phone regarding the recent recall on Jardine cribs, I find the whole process for obtaining the voucher ridiculous - Let me start by saying, Babies R Us as a company decided to use Jardine as one of the manufacturers providing furniture for their consumers. They are not doing anything for the consumer who made that purchase because according to the sales associate, Janet 'they're not going to receive any credit for it if they accept the recalled product as a return' - so what - eat the cost because if they truly valued their customers, they would be concerned for their well-being. She advised me that there was nothing the store could do in terms of accepting the furniture back even with a receipt and that I would have to go through Jardine who is handling all of the recalls. I was astonished and disheartened that she also didn't seem to know the lengthy process it is to obtain the voucher they are sending out for the faulty furniture. We as the consumers are holding the burden to

1. fill out the form required by Jardine so they can send an envelope, allen key to dismantle portions of the affected crib and acknowledgement form. 2. the consumer then has to take portions of the crib apart as requested by Jardine, send it back via UPS and only then after the 1-2 week processing time for that portion of the recall will the consumer receive a voucher for a new crib. By the way, what does the consumer do with the rest of the crib that remains that we cannot send back in the UPS envelope? That's another burden we have to take care of possibly resulting in more out of pocket expenses. Also, what are you supposed to have your baby sleep on during this processing time? Upon receiving the voucher, the consumer then has to waste more in terms of gas money to drive to Babies R Us to purchase another crib (because you cannot use it for purchases online according to both the local store and the corporate office) - probably wait for however long it takes for them to have it shipped in from their warehouse to the store and then come back because the cost to deliver the crib to an individual's home is not included in the voucher - my question is why is it the consumer that is being punished for merchandise the company sold in their stores and we were just unfortunate enough to purchase. Additionally, the local branch of Babies R Us refused to have a supervisor talk to me regarding this issue and recommended if I had additional comments or concerns to addrsess them to their corporate office at an 888-Baby-R-US.

The woman I spoke with Nidia, had such a heavy accent it was difficult to understand her and you can tell she was reading off of a canned response sheet in "Nebraska" - too bad the clicking on the line indicated the line was much farther away than Nebraska. She also mentioned that Jardine is taking such a financial hit from offering the vouchers to the impacted consumers - wouldn't they take a much harder financial hit if all the consumers got together in a class-action lawsuit once the child was injured - the whole thing seems pretty self-serving. Additionally, she mentioned as a work-around I had the option to go and purchase a crib at Babies R Us (in-store only) and once I did receive my voucher I can get my refund at the store then. Under the assumption that I didn't have the funds to do this, is the consumer then being punished who doesn't have the adequate income or resources to do this? This is honestly one of the most ridiculous things I've ever had to do for a recalled product and I am sick of bearing the burden of a company's or companies' mistake. They should have made the cribs to code using materials that don't break from the beginning and there wouldn't be this issue. And Jardine should have just issued new cribs to the impacted consumers and at least then the burden is removed from the consumers to have to dismantle the old crib for specific parts, then bring the voucher once they receive it back into a store to get a new one, assemble it and then figure out the best way to get rid of the remaining parts of the old recalled crib. If each consumer were to calculate the amount of time, money, energy used for the whole process in terms of financial impact, it would be a lot more 'cost' than the stupid voucher will be worth.

Additionally, with over 320,000 cribs out there nationwide, I would think that Jardine would do what it could to help ease the process - never before had I heard that you cannot bring back the affected recalled items to the store where you purchased it for an exchange or refund. I submitted my information on Saturday and it is now Wednesday and I am still awaiting the arrival of the UPS envelope for the voucher process to even begin.

Original review: June 30, 2008

As I own two of the recalled Jardine cribs, I have put in for a voucher (full refund of the cribs). One of the two cribs did in fact have a broken slat that I just noticed on Friday, June 20, 2008. I would like to have the option of buying new cribs at an establishment other than Babies R Us. The selection of cribs and the quality are not very impressive at that store. Honestly, the staff there is not very helpful either. I understand that the vouchers are only for purchases made at Babies R Us. Do I have any recourse? Is it possible to get a full refund in cash?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jardine Cribs?

Original review: June 25, 2008

I found one of the flat head long bolts in my babies mouth one morning from the top front left side of the bed. We crewed it back in but It keeps coming out as well as the bottom front left bolt. I am constantly finding them on the floor or in the babies crib where they have loosened and fell. Last night I saw the recall on TV and was like FINALLY only to find out my model number of the same looking crib isn't on the recall. Mine is 0308COO. I want to know what they are going to do about these very unsafe cribs.

My baby could have choked and died on that bolt in her crib.

Original review: June 6, 2007

MY GRANDCHILD LIVES WITH ME AND HE WOKE UP SCREAMING! I RAN IN TO FIND HIS LEG WAS TRAPPED AT THE KNEE IN THE RUNGS. AT FIRST I THOUGHT IT WAS A FLUKE BUT A MONTH LATER IT HAPPENED AGAIN.

MY GRANDCHILD HAS BEEN IN OTHER CRIBS AND THIS HAS NEVER HAPPENED. I'VE ASKED FRIENDS WITH CHILDREN AND THEY NEVER HAD THIS PRObLEM.My grandchild was entrapped in the rung of the crib at the knee. my daughter and I had a hard time getting his little leg out. He was crying uncontrolably and thrashing around because we couldn't get him out.

Original review: March 10, 2004

This complaint is about the product itself and the company rather than the Representative; Karen.

I received this crib (model # DA618BC) as a gift almost a year ago and it was purchased at Babies R Us in Yonkers, New York. Since I received the crib I had problems with some of the parts breaking. The first time a piece was broke I let it go because it was the first time and I figured these things happen sometimes and maybe it was just that particular piece. Now I have a second piece that is broke in the same area, where the drop side is located. The company takes one to two weeks to get the parts to the customer, which is ridiculous. I did read on the Babies R Us website shortly after the first piece broke a comment from a consumer that the crib falls apart and one of the problems she had was the drop side falling off when her child was in the crib.

Jardine Cribs Company Information