Jardine Cribs

Compare Children's Toys

Research top Children's Toys recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I have had a very similar experience to other reviews here. I was never contacted about the crib being recalled. I used the crib for two babies and then found out accidentally about the recall when I was looking for replacement bolts. I followed the ridiculous recall instruction, which stated we would receive a voucher for a comparable replacement crib (not a partial credit to a cheaper model), cut up a piece of the crib (rendering it unusable), and sent it in. We then had to pay for large item pick-up to dispose of the rest of the now useless crib. I was shocked to find out we were getting only a $65 credit on a $150 crib and didn't even have a choice about the color or style. So we have to pay $95 for the privilege of replacing Jardine's shoddy product. What a scam!

I wish we had thought to do some online research before we cut up the crib. If we had known what a rip-off this recall would be, we wouldn't have bothered. An article I read elsewhere said that Toys R Us will take care of it under their return policy, but you have to bring in the crib as well as the receipt. Unfortunately, our crib is long gone, and we had to pay for that privilege too. I am so disgusted with Jardine and cannot believe that they are allowed to conduct a safety recall in this manner. Call CPSC so we can get something done about this ASAP! (800) 638-2772.

We have had a very similar experience to other reviews here. We were never contacted about the crib being recalled. We used the crib for two babies and then found out accidentally about the recall when we were about to give it to some friends. We followed the ridiculous recall instruction, which stated we would receive a voucher for a comparable replacement crib (not a partial credit to a cheaper model), cut up a piece of the crib (rendering it unusable) and sent it in. We then had to pay for large item pick-up to dispose of the rest of the now useless crib. I was shocked to find out we were getting only a $65 credit on a $300 crib and didn't even have a choice about the color or style. So we have to pay $95 for the privilege of replacing Jardine's shoddy product. What a scam!

I bought a beautiful crib through Jardine at Babies R Us in 2005. I paid over $300 for this crib and left it in the box until my husband and I had a baby. We never did, we have since decided to foster and checked on the crib just to discover it was recalled. After having to cut this never-used, still-in-the-box crib I was given a $65 voucher to be used on a $159 crib that I don't like. I have heard that the business isn't making cribs anymore but have discovered that the Dream On Me cribs are made by the same company.

It seems that Jardine and the government have come to some deal where Jardine can profit from this recall. I can assure you the consumer is not made whole. We purchased a $425 white crib, part of nursery set for my daughter and baby #1, with every intention of using this crib for baby #2. The crib was recalled with instructions to saw off the rail, making the bed unusable. The recall inferred a voucher for a replacement crib would be sent. The reality of it is: a $65 voucher was sent to us, to be used *only* towards the purchase price ($159.00) of a brown crib manufactured by Jardine, for the sole purpose of this recall. The consumer is stuck paying Jardine an additional $100.00 to to correct their mistake, it is a take it or leave it deal... Jardine and the CPA should be ashamed of this.

I bought the Americana crib for my first son in 2006. In 2011, I used it for our second child. I foolishly didn't check the recall list because we were registered with the product and never moved so we should have been notified of a recall. They never contacted us. Additionally, the media only spoke of drop sided cribs being recalled. I was horrified to discover this crib was recalled after doing a Google search. I, too, was hoping to sell my son's bedroom set to help pay for his next set.

As others have posted, their way of recalling is awful. The new crib that they make you buy is offered to you at regular retail price (I asked them that to confirm it was the retail price and not a discounted/wholesale price). So even with the $65 voucher, you will wind up paying around $100. In other words, they endanger your children, fail to notify you, make a profit on you originally, ruin the value of your bedroom set by offering an ugly replacement, and still find a way of profiting off of you by SELLING you another crib. How is this legal or ethical??? I hope this company is sued. If it is, please add me to the class action. A company who doesn't do the right thing should pay dearly for their lack of ethics.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jardine Cribs?

My parents purchased a beautiful crib from Babies "R" Us for my 1st child. She used it for 2 years, and my son used it for 2 years without incident. When I heard about the drop-side recalls, I wasn't worried since my crib was a convertible crib that could be reconfigured as a day bed or a full headboard. I decided to sell the set and use the money for my daughter's big girl bedroom. I had several offers but I decided to Google the model to see if the purchase offer was fair. Lo and behold, I found out instead that the crib had been recalled 6 years earlier.

I called the consumer protection number and they told me it was illegal for me to sell the crib. Well guess what, neither of my potential buyers want the dresser and changing table without a matching crib. And like you all, I was only offered $65 credit toward a $159 crib that doesn't match the set anyhow. So I'm stuck with an unsafe crib (apparently the wood is too soft) that luckily didn't hurt my kids and I can't make a dime off it. I'm just as shocked as all of you what was offered.

This is a major scam and there should be consequences for weekday they've done. The rep at Jardine said I was lucky to get anything because I bought it so long ago. I said I can't believe any company would put children at risk with their shoddy workmanship and materials then treat their customers like idiot. What's the point of the voucher if my kids are in toddler beds now? I can't even use the $65 on something else at Babies R Us. I'm so upset about the whole thing. Count me in if there's a class action suit. They need to be responsible for the problems they caused!

I SPOKE WITH CPSC and they said that IF they get enough complaints, they can sometimes step in and do something about it! A voucher towards a new unattractive crib for a business that is going out of business is not a fair trade! It is not even comparable to the crib originally purchased! Call CPSC so we can get something done about this ASAP! (800) 638-2772.

Just like all of other posts I was only given the option for a $65 credit, but he said it would cover the full price of the one and only crib option. After reading the comments I think he was wrong which makes this even worse! I refused to pay an addition $100 for a very ugly crib. I paid over $500 for my crib a few years back and planned on using it for another child. Giving people an option for a subpar crib after they had an issue is not reasonable. I cannot believe this is legal and am so happy they no longer make cribs. They clearly have no idea how to do it properly. I am both shocked and angry at how they have handled this recall.

Like everyone else, we have been ripped off, jumped through all their hoops including sawing off needed part of beautiful crib, to be offered a $65 voucher which is only good on their website for an icky brown crib that would cost us additional. Rip off!!

I had a beautiful crib, I found the bed was on recall, so followed the instructions for a replacement. I reviewed a voucher for $65.00 that could only be used on the Jardine website. Jardine only had one bed available, and let me add not very attractive at all. The one bed available would require that I pay Jardine a little over 100 dollars. I refused to give them my money, very unhappy with this recall.

This is so upsetting that this company would take advantage of all of us. I am upset I didn't look into this more before sawing off the piece requested for voucher. I was totally upset getting the email for a voucher of only $65 today. First, you only have 1 crib to purchase and it is nothing pretty like the one I had. This is really upsetting because now I do not have a crib and I refuse to give this company anymore of my money. Is this legal???

Our crib was on the recall list. We inquired about it first and were told we qualified and to go ahead and cut the crib apart, send in the parts. We sent in the parts and were sent an e-mail voucher for $65.00. This is only a fraction of what we originally paid. So, we called for answers and were told there was nothing they could do because the government would only allow a partial refund due to the crib depreciating in value. Then, we were told we can purchase a crib in walnut color for $159.00. Too bad our original crib was white and matched our nursery. EXTREMELY DISAPPOINTED AND UPSET! And now, after reading complaints from several months/years ago, am even more upset that Jardine didn't warn us of the low voucher amount before WE CUT OUR CRIB UP!!!!! Ughh.

The same happened to me. I had a beautiful white crib for my grandchildren, used it 4 months and put it in storage. I was having another grandchild and found out about the recall. I sent in everything and the one they want to replace it with is crap and not to mention they want $100.

Our story is the same as so many others. We were not offered a repair kit, or told what the refund process would be until we destroyed our crib and sent them the supports and a part we needed to cut out of the end structure. We received a $65 credit to purchase one of their cribs that didn't match the babies' room (no options at all). When we contacted them again, we were told they are going by policy and we would not be offered anything else. We had a white crib that was only used for five or six months and then put in storage. We are now expecting a new grandchild, so we set the room up again with all the same furniture (minus the crib). Now, to our surprise, we were only offered one type of brown crib that will not match the room.

On top of all this poor customer service, we would need to add another $100 to purchase this crib. We cannot understand why any good customer-friendly business groups still offer the Jardine product line after reading these reviews. Someone suggested that we put flyers together to hand out in front of outlets to new potential buyers with some of these reviews (before they become one of us).

When my first daughter was born, her proud grandparents spent over $300 on a beautiful Jardine crib. They also purchased several hundred dollars in matching furniture for the baby's room (changing table, armoire and chair). As my second child was born, I found that the crib had been recalled. What good parent lets their child sleep in a recalled crib, right? So as the recall company demands, I filled out the online recall submission, gathered all of the hardware from the crib and cut (yes, cut with a saw) a piece of the crib, a part in order to send it to the company for a credit toward a new crib.

While I did not expect a $300 credit, I did expect a reasonable amount in the form of a credit that could be applied to a similar crib as promised by Jardine Recall. However, I was given a $65 credit toward a crib that was cheap and did not match the other furniture in the set I already owned. No options, just this one cheap crib that I was still going to have to pay $100 for after the $65 credit. Unbelievable! Do yourself and your children a favor, don't buy Jardine!

I wouldn't recommend Jardine Cribs. Hopefully, someone out there before they buy a baby crib reads this. Unfortunately, I bought a Jardine Crib and it was recalled. I called Customer Service and they told me that I needed to cut the wood part from the crib where the label was. I cut it and filled out all the forms needed to fill out... and I only received $65 back! That is the most ridiculous thing! I paid over $300 for the crib and now they are only giving me $65 back + the crib they want me to purchase is so ugly! And, it's in another color. Please do not buy Jardine cribs!

I've had my crib since 2007. Both my daughter and son slept in it, but it was in really good condition. When I purchased my crib, I bought it for about 500.00 bucks. I just got my voucher today and they gave me a grand total of $65.00. Really, $65.00 for a $500.00 crib which was still in great condition? This is horrible. And to top it off, the only crib I can buy is a crappy crib that's $160.00. This was not worth my time. I am glad the death trap is out of my house, and I'm thankful that nothing happened to my babies; but I hate how they just ripped me off! So angry.

So after reading these posts, I was upset but figured I followed the instructions to the letter, I even checked them off. I got a call today from the horrible company. I was told that I had to cut my crib and send in the wood, really. I was told I could send a picture of it. So I asked what if someone didn't have the means to get it off by cutting the wood (I do but it was a hypothetical question). I was told that I'd have to find someone to do it for me. Then I asked why not only I but 10's of thousands of others weren't notified of the recall. I was told that "I must have fallen through the cracks." Really, me and thousands of others. Convenient.

I asked why something comparable wasn't provided. I was told it was because of the depreciation in value. I stated that then I couldn't use it for it's full intended purpose. I was told, “You could still use the head/foot board for a full size bed.” I asked for my parts back. I was told it was illegal to use the bed (if it's so illegal then where's the notification?). I flat out stated they were ripping off the consumer. And yes I was speaking to a manager. There were no good answers. I'm going to try to see if someone at work can make the part that they so desperately wanted back, because I had the forethought to trace it and take all of the measurements before I sent it in. This is a joke of a recall. It's a slap in the face for the consumer. They need to be investigated and severely fined.

Our baby crib was recalled and we were supposed to get a voucher for the crib value at the cost spent and we were supposed to be able to use the voucher at Babies R Us. Well, that never happened. After waiting months and months for the company to be responsive, resubmitting the claim, they made us cut a wooden portion of the crib with a saw and send it in as proof we owned the crib. WTH?! We met all of these outrageous demands, for what?! A $65 voucher that is now only good if purchasing their one hideous crib approved for the recall. Oh and the recall approved crib costs $160. Um, now, why would I buy another crib from these people and still have to come out of pocket and such an ugly crib at that?! Worst company ever.

My experience is much the same as what others posted here. We sent in the product registration for our crib as soon as we bought it, yet the company never contacted us about the recall (a friend told us after seeing the recall notice in the store). We purchased a $400 4-in-1 crib in natural wood, yet the replacement is a cheap 2-in-1 that is ugly brown in color. Customer service pretty much told me that there was nothing they could do. My wife and I are very dissatisfied with the whole experience.

I'm probably repeating much of what has already been stated here by others, but I am very dissatisfied with the crib recall replacement. We had a nice white, drop side crib and I was never told that the replacement would be a simple, mahogany colored one. That is not a sufficient replacement and had I known that is what I would get, I would have passed.

We originally had a black, beautiful and expensive Jardine crib. After it was recalled, they sent us a brown, ugly, and basic one. What the crap is with that?! I am very dissatisfied and I will surely be telling everyone to avoid this company. What a rip-off.

I received a replacement crib, but it’s only a 2-1 that does not compare to my recalled lifetime crib. Upon taking it out of the box, the very first piece has a huge crack in it. I can't even put it together. My child has no bed. I have a crib with broken slats and a cracked replacement crib and nothing is being done. I've left a message with the company. There’s no reply. No one ever answers when I call and I just stay on hold listening to music.

I purchased a Jardine crib in 2008 after the first one purchased through them was recalled. My original voucher did not cover the cost of a new crib, but we paid the difference. A slat on the new crib recently developed a deep crack that pinched my daughter's fingers and we noticed that many of the slats are now cracked as is the top slat/bar of the crib.

When researching this online, we found the recall but were never previously notified even though we registered our crib. The reason seems to be that ours was made a month after the recall stopped, yet is having the exact same issues! I am furious and horrified that they would continue to risk children's lives without any consequences. They refuse to replace my crib even though the issues are obviously continuing. I would be extremely interested in a class action lawsuit to put this company out of business for good!

I purchased a white crib from Babies R US for $400, 4 years ago. I just found out this crib has been recalled, as I was preparing a nursery for my new baby due in May, complete with white furniture. Jardine said to send them the screws and label photos, which I did. Now they are saying I will not get a white crib and if I don't like the color I can paint it! I want my money back!

I was told by a Jardine associate that the new crib being sent to me was same as the crib I returned in the recall. Meaning, that it would convert to a full size bed and was the same color that I returned. I called back the next day to ask when it was to be delivered and reiterated the specifications of the new crib and was told the opposite by a supervisor, that the crib will not convert to a full size bed and it will not be same color and most importantly the value of the new crib is less then half of what i paid originally. I paid almost $400 for my son's crib and the value of the replacement crib is $100+. This is corporate strong arm! We, the consumers have rights that have been violated! Is there a lawyer in the house?!

Just found out yesterday when I Googled my daughters crib (0102b00) to look for information since one of the slats broke. To my horror I found out the crib had been recalled, and this was the first time I was hearing about it. So far the additional information that I am finding is that Jardine is offering replacement cribs which are not even close to the original product purchase in terms of value or going with the additional nursery furniture colors. I know this has been a voluntary recall but I think it's time that the parents ban together and file a class action lawsuit! Give me a voucher for the amount I paid which is $360 or deal with a lawyer!

I recently heard about a recall on a crib I have that was released back in January 2009. I was never called and notified about this recall which concerns me. I called to find out what I needed to do about this situation. They told me to send the parts and pictures of my crib and move my child to another bed. I had every intention of using this crib for my second child as I can't just go out and buy all new stuff. This past Friday, I got a brand new crib. Was it the same or similar or comparable to the one I had purchased back in 2007? No!

It was a different model with different color, different style and different type of crib. I called the customer support and got transferred to several different managers who told me that there was nothing they could do and that was the only solution. I demanded a refund and they refused. The information in their website about the recall was not very detailed and the person I talked to at the customer service wasn't very knowledgeable. I think they need more information about the recall and the solution like pictures of the crib that they are sending. They should have other options especially if they are sending you a $70 crib when you originally paid $450. The incident should be clearly stated for the crib you have not bunched together with 7 other cribs.

my son and his wife purchased a crib from big lots manufactured by jardine. Come to find out the crib model # falls under a re-call. There is a big lots sticker put on top of the Jardine sticker, but you can clearly see the re-called model #. Jardine says all cribs with that # are re-called but when they see the big lots sticker they say that crib is okay.Neither company will respond. I think Jardine unloaded recalled cribs to big lots risking infants safety. Jardine is noe selling under a different name!!!

We had a Jardine Crib that was recalled and as responsible adults we sent in all the peaces that were requested from the recall. This obviously left our 2 year old without a crib and she had to sleep in her pack and play. We waited for 25 days to recieve the voucher and once we did it was determined (after we drove 1 hour to toy-r-us) that the voucher was not valid. We called and got a new voucher 10 days later and again drove 1 hour to toys-r-us and we were told that the voucher could only be redeamed during the week from 9-5!! both me and my wife work all day and thw weekend is the only time we had to do it. So my wife finally got a day off work during the week to go drive the 1 hour to the store only to find out now from the district manager that since we purchased a crib for our child to sleep in already we could not get the money returned to us. This has been going on since JUNE and it's now October. This is totally unacceptable and I hope someone fromjardine (other than Pat) recieves this and has some type of resolution.

Jardine Cribs Company Profile