Hasbro/Playskool

Compare Children's Toys

Research top Children's Toys recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Okay, so I go to Wal-Mart to buy my daughter a Baby Alive "baby go bye-bye doll." I know it's 2016 but they are racist!! How are you going to put "bonus items" in a box with the ** and ** baby but yet the Mexican baby out? So not cool. Really pisses me off honestly! Baby Alive (company) has always been like this and this is the only company I usually buy my daughter's baby dolls etc (from the company). I buy Nerf stuff from this company. I am thinking about no longer buying ANYTHING from the company. Period!! I'm pissed!! I mean my daughter could have a ** or ** baby doll but maybe she doesn't want one!! Could I please have an employee contact me regarding this!!

$50 free shipping is shown on screen while shopping. After placing my order, I found hidden within the details of the $50 free shipping, one for $25 free shipping. I called customer service to see if they were able to modify my order. I rather spend another $9 on a toy than on shipping costs. Customer service was rather nice but could not help me since the order was already sent to the fulfillment warehouse. Very disappointing because other companies have been able to help with similar issues. Hasbro's website needs to show all promos on main screen when customers shop. It is very deceiving to hide a promo within the details of another.

OK I bought my granddaughter the Nerf bow and arrow locking and after one use the lock is broke and now after spending the money it's useless!!! The store says it's company's but they won't. Not happy.

I recently ordered the black series Jango Fett and at first I was thrilled to notice the detail till I noticed that the kind of odd. The eyes make him look like he's drunk, the hairline is set further back and crooked on his head there's paint on his face that shouldn't be there and down to the neck. Just the facial expressions in general aren't life-like. As an inbox collector, I'm kind of disappointed at it now that I keep looking into the face of the figurine. If I could get a contact with someone to correct the issue I would be happy.

Does not go together with all the parts. Marble/ball bearing does not fit. This is the biggest waste of money ever, very disappointed children.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hasbro?

I bought the board game RISK. Love it. Played it for years at home. I have many other friends that like it too. When I bought the new one though made by HASBRO, I find out that the little toy soldiers are all too dark. The yellow and red are "ok" but the blue, black and green are all too dark. Because of this you can't tell the difference between the colors when playing. Even in the day playing by the window, you can only just tell which one is which but in the evenings when you need the lights on, you really struggle to tell the difference.

This basically makes the game useless. Yes I was pissed by the poor quality of the game but now I'm really pissed due to the fact that Hasbro makes it so hard to send in a letter of complaint. I have been fully ripped off and I know a lot of friends that enjoy the game also are not happy with the customer service of Hasbro. Over Christmas I bought my girlfriend's family Monopoly and went out of my way to make sure it had not been produced by the company Hasbro.

This game is out of stock everywhere, both in stores and online. This website offered email to notify customers when game was available. Less than 24 hrs later, they notified me via email that game was available so I ordered. I then receive an email indicating item won't ship until 12/16 which is 2 weeks after I ordered and was notified it was "available." Why would I order a game that wasn't truly available for another 2 weeks? Especially when shipping takes 7-10 business days? That puts item to my home after Christmas.

Called customer service. Spoke with JIM who was an arrogant, condescending jerk. Tried to tell me that email stated item would be available for shipping 12/16. That is simply untrue. If a company offers an email to notify people when an item is available, then that's what I expect. I expect it's available when they notify me. Don't notify me that it's available if it's not AVAILABLE for another 2 weeks. This was misleading and basically shady in order to get an order. Not to mention JIM's attitude was that of a punk teenager. I'm returning the second it lands on my doorstep even if it is on time.

I have tried multiple attempts to link with my tablet and smartphone with Furbacca and tried customer service number. Unable to touch base. Getting recorded message to the fact we are closed. I'm beyond frustrated I can touch with anyone.

I downloaded a game on the App Store and it took my memory but it doesn't show up on the page and let me delete it so I'm very angry.

For Easter my son got one of the Nerf elite blasters. Three in one guns with the chamber to load the missiles. He sadly needed four stitches in his eyebrow area because the Nerf gun was apparently defective. The sharp object came out and got him right in the eyebrow a half inch from his eye!!!!! This is very unsafe and should have never happened!! Very upset!

Hi. I purchased a nerf gun for my son costing 30, I am very disappointed to report that with normal use, the gun lasted a whole 23 hrs. Very unsatisfactory. The bullets kept getting stuck and being ruined. And the whole mechanism jammed making the gun unusable. I returned the gun to the store and have been refunded but feel totally let down and have a very upset son. Hoping you are able to investigate this issue. Thanks.

I have 3 children ages 6, 7 and 8. We are all very much into battling with our nerf guns. It's fun for us to run around the house building forts and shooting it out! So for Christmas, Santa brought them all new nerf guns.

Much to my dismay, 2 out of the 5 guns did not function properly. Rapid Red is supposed to be a semi-automatic powered by battery. My 6-year old has trouble cocking the other guns back so I figured that this gun would be perfect for her. Was it? Don't know because it never worked straight out of the package. Batteries were put in properly but no action. I fiddled with it for an hour but could not get it to cycle one bullet through. Needless to say my youngest was upset that her new "awesome" gun didn't work. Luckily she had also received the gun "sweet revenge". That gun is possibly my favorite.

My 7-year old already had this gun and it still shoots great to this day. My 7-year old was ready for something different, so we got her the "guardian crossbow". She like daddy's real crossbow and what can I say, she wants to be like her old man. This could be the weakest gun I have ever gotten from nerf. The bullets might go about 10 feet. Very disappointing. The "strong arm" that we got for the 8 year old works like a champ. He really enjoys this gun. All-in-all we are both pleased and disappointed at the same time. If I hadn't purchased so many guns previously, our Christmas day war would have been ruined. What can I do about "Rapid Red" and "Guardian Crossbow"?

I have purchased many Hasbro products which have been excellent, including transformers. At Christmas time I purchased Autobot Drift for my 6 year old from Target at Westfield Carindale. We were having Christmas away so I unboxed everything. The toy won't transform. It won't even do the 3rd step in the instructions which actually renders it useless. I have done so many of these (and I'm an engineer) that I've lost count. Now I have a $50 piece of plastic and given it was my son's main present when we were away (given it was transportable) it is highly disappointing.

I bought my daughter an easy bake oven refill for Christmas. New Year's Eve we opened it up and were going to make it. They were whoopie pies. I felt a pick of sprinkles and couldn't feel anything inside, so I made sure I, myself, opened it. There was NOTHING in the package at all. So here I am with three kids wanting to make the big pack of whoopie pies together and not enough sprinkles! Not a big deal to me, but heartbreaking for my kids especially my daughter, as it was her gift. So we ended up only making one batch instead of three. *They came with 3 cake mixes.*

So I decided I'd write to the company to complain and was going to get a coupon or something, but not really expecting anything at all. Today, my daughter received a new easy bake oven refill kit, BIGGER than the original kit! I am very impressed with their consumer relations, I am so glad I wrote to them and they resolved my issue. Also, I did not have a receipt to prove my purchase and that didn't matter! Overall I am highly impressed and will continue to purchase their products!

Grandma bought my son the Spidey Shot web slinging Spider Man for Christmas. I love this toy... especially for its risk of exploding. CONTAINER MAY EXPLODE IF HEATED. Also I love the versatility of this toy, that it can be used absolutely anywhere... Except for the following locations: Do not spray on walls, floors, clothing, furniture,or vinyl. My son was overjoyed when I told him he could only use it naked while outside. I was also thrilled with this awesome little toy when my son poked me with the little Spidey fingers. The doctor say I shouldn't need a second course of antibiotics if the stitches hold.

I bought a Nerf gun, but forgot to bring the receipt home. The instant I got the batteries inside, the bullet jammed on the first try. Every time I try to shoot, the bullet jams. About the receipt: Now I can't even try to refund the Rapidstrike CS-18! I am very annoyed about this, because my grandson was supposed to have a special birthday, not one ruined by a Nerf gun!!! If measures aren't taken, I will do so, and stop buying Nerf products, because I have reached my anger level already. For your information, I have bought a great deal of Nerf guns, which will mean you losing a valued customer. For others reading this, please understand my grandson's and mine feelings, as this incident is very serious. If this is ignored, I will publicize this incident, so that other people stop buying Nerf products as well. This isn't a threat, this is justice.

I purchased Alphie about a year ago and it has never worked. I'm finally taking action because of all the research. There really is no other product like it and not only does it make me angry that my son can't have a properly working toy, but it makes me sad he can't find one toy that does everything Alphie can do if he worked the way it's supposed to according to the instructions. Please make sure this word gets to corporate or the right hands to bring Alphie back.

Unhappy with the new image of LPS and feel that they should go back to making the version that has existed for the last few years. Unhappy with Fairy LPS and the new human form.

Spiderman Rapid Fire Web Shooter - My son complained that the bullet was stuck in this toy. My wife inserted her finger in the barrel and her finger got stuck - pinched between the bullet and the sharp internal edge of the toy. She was in a lot of pain to the point of tears for the 5 minutes it took me to dismantle the toy and free her finger. She had a very deep, sore ridge on her finger where it had been trapped. This design is flawed and not suitable for the age range indicated. I have been unable to contact Hasbro UK as the "email us" link on their webpage does not work.

After having purchased numerous Hasbro Avengers and Spider-Man action figures, I would like to comment on the poorly fitting accessories that detract from a child's enjoyment of the toy. Capes that drop off, web-shooters that don't stay on the arm, missile launchers that fall off when you try to reload, etc., etc.! From the moment the eagerly awaited toy is taken from the package, the disappointment sets in. Surely, if a toy is designed to carry an accessory, that piece should click in securely until you want to remove it for your own reason, not just having gravity take over. Please keep this in mind when manufacturing new toys!

Both my son and I are very angry and disappointed in how the BeyWheelz actually work. The commercials are very misleading. The frustrating thing is I guess Hasbro decided the sales for the Beyblades have peaked so why not bring a similar product to the market and scam people how they work, knowing the kids will beg the parents for it? It would be different if they were only a couple dollars and the arenas could be interchangeable, but that isn't the case. We have over $50 invested in this piece of ** toy. I think that everyone should be aware of the problems of this toy.

First, they are not safe. I have had it jump off the arena and hit me in the face making my nose bleed. How would that feel if it were your kids getting hit in the face and could potentially break a nose or even lose an eye? I haven't seen the first warning label asking the participants to wear safety glasses which is a very serious concern. Safety is very serious, especially when it is about children's toys. In my opinion, this toy needs recalled. Parents, please send this message on. It could save a lot of tears and heartache. This message needs to go global because we are talking about children's safety.

The same Star Wars figures have been on our store pegs for months. Again and again, we have wasted time looking for the new Star Wars Vintage line to no avail. We have given up our weekend cookouts, cancelled our family birthdays, taken our children out of school, started taking anxiety meds, increased Starbucks profits by 1.6% getting our morning coffee as we wait for the stores to open. My husband has acquired this nervous 'tic' when he leaves the Star Wars aisle with nothing new. And to top it all off, we now know all the store employees by name which is a downright lowly shame for any respectable consumer. Again and again, we hunt the stores. Again and again, we find nothing new. Again and again, we leave with our gutted shell of hope dragging behind us, cracked, dark and hallow. Where are the new waves of Vintage Star Wars figures?

We had purchased this board game (Hasbro board game, Clue: Secrets & Spies) a couple of years ago and it worked fine in the beginning, but we had recently brought it out of the closet and was very disappointed to find that it no longer worked. There are playing cards that can only be read with a special light. Well, the light works just fine with new batteries, but whatever information is to be read on the playing card can no longer be read. I assume it was some special dye that was used and has worn off/expired and can no longer be seen. It’s disappointing to purchase a board game and only be able to use it for a couple of years. Most board games last a lifetime. I still have the original Monopoly I had when I was a small child. I would like to be compensated for my loss.

My 8-year old saved for a month to buy 4 Bot Shots. They do not work like the commercials promise. They just stay in vehicle mode. He is very sad and disappointed! He worked hard to save my money and would like his money back and 4 new Bot Shots that work. He would like 1 Optimus Prime, 1 Bumblebee, 1 Barricade, and the green one. We are unable to return them to the store because we do not have the receipt. My son, Christopher is very sad and would appreciate a response to my e-mail address. Thank you for your consideration and time.

Four Beyblade products were broken without extensive use, as of tips breaking within days of getting.

Bumblebee without arm.... Bumblebee without arm.... Bumblebee - I bought a transformer toy (bumblebee), it seems that the part num. is 29711/28738 ASST and it was without an arm, the right one. There is no way how to change it because I lost the wall-mart receipt. I sent you this e-mail because my son is sad and disappointed about your toy. Please take care about your quality.

I ordered two special edition Nerf guns for my nephews for the Christmas holiday on November 21. When I went to wrap the gifts December 9, I found that one of the guns was not working (did not turn on when batteries were inserted). I called Hasbro and was told their Consumer Affairs Department was closed at 1 pm that day (a Friday during the holiday season). I emailed them early the following week. They said they could not send out another gun because it was special edition and they were out of stock. I could send back one gun for credit or refund. However, they could not send out a new item until the old one was shipped back.

Being that it was close to the holiday and I could not guarantee that they would get the broken gun and send out a new one on time, I ordered a different but similar Nerf gun. I also emailed Consumer Affairs to see if I could get the original gun I ordered repaired since they could not replace it. Amazingly, they don't repair their own products when they are defective. At this point, I was pretty unhappy. I was surprised that it could get worse. The replacement gun came on December 21. It did not work. I emailed Consumer Affairs early that day. No response. I called them December 22. The operator told me that there was no way to fix the problem before the holiday because the warehouse was closed.

They did offer to send me two free random toys after January 3. I am sure my nephews would be thrilled with that given the top item on their Christmas list is a Nerf gun. And yes, I can go to a toy store tonight to get the gun. It will be an hour out of my way in both directions. It will be extremely over-crowded at this late date. Not really what I was expecting when I placed an order November 21. I am going to start telling my nephews about how cool I think Legos are just so that I don't have to deal with Hasbro again. What toy store doesn't test their toys before they ship them? What toy manufacturer doesn't repair their defective toys? What toy company sends out multiple broken toys? What toy company's warehouse is closed for inventory 3 days before Christmas? It's Hasbro. They have someone to answer the phone to hear my displeasure, but no one to put a toy in a box and over-night mail it to provide less than satisfactory, but still a basic, good customer service experience.

We collected the proof of purchases from Star Wars figures, which along with $6.99 in shipping, were supposed to bring us two special edition figures. The offer said to allow 6-8 weeks. After, more like 12 weeks, I looked at their website and a FAQ said they ran out, and that they're hoping to fulfill remaining orders "by early summer" (they had cashed my check long,long ago). This was June. I sent an email and received a reply that someone would "look into it", but that was 3 months ago. Now, two angry (but respectful) emails later, and I've never heard another word from anyone there.

There was no real damage, but I don't like explaining to a 10 year old, he won't be getting some of his favorite toys because the manufacturer is a greed-driven corporate bureaucracy, utterly indifferent to customers. Great life lesson, huh?

I bought a pack of Marvel Universe figures for my sons. One of the 12 packs I bought had a defective item: Captain America's shield is out of pack #1. The shield’s paint is messed up all the way to the right and into the white paint in 3 spots. It was up against right side of package out of sight. It appears like a glue as it's glossy only in that part. Very ugly paint now.

Bottom line is I called Hasbro customer service to get a replacement shield for a currently purchased item. I thought it would be simple and they would be helpful. The fellow I talked to said they do not offer any parts. He wants me to pack up the item and send it to them the entire pack. Then Hasbro will send me whatever they have in stock that they feel is of equal value. Yes, he said that! I told him I've already bought all their other current 2 packs preparing for Christmas and that would not take care of my needs. Not to mention they'd probably send me something I already have wasting all my money.

So basically I could send it back to them after that and only get the price they value the set at. I paid over suggested retail plus tax. So again I'd lose in the end because of their factory error. Bottom line is I'm going back to the store and return it with my receipt. I think they had another one. Then I'm sending a letter to the corporate office of the company I purchased the item from. Hasbro customer service is very poor in my opinion. The fellow was nice but has no power to help a customer with the smallest of problems. I think offering a different product in place of what we wanted is unacceptable and I won't be cheated. As much money as these Marvel figures cost, approximately $9 for the figures and $13-$16 for the 2 packs, depending on where I buy it, they should take care of a tiny shield. Guess they are just too big and don't care about their customers anymore!

The result is I now have to go back to the store and hope they have another one. Or my only other option is to buy a $9 figure and take its shield to replace damaged one. I think I will tell the boys no more Hasbro for awhile. Marvel, Starwars or others.

My daughter was collecting the Hasbro Littlest Pet Shop toys. She saw an advertisement, to collect the stickers, send them in and get a surprise. Yeah, we got the surprise today, with a letter from the customer support, that she had collected the wrong stickers. But I have double checked them, they are the same, that was published on the product information. Another stupid thing is, that you need to buy a diary with another pet, to get the form for the stickers. Unbelievable. That's not the way to deal with the youngest customers. We will never buy another toy from this company. I hope other parents will do the same.

Hasbro Company Profile