Graco Baby Products

Compare Car Seats

Research top Car Seats recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I recently purchased a Graco for an upcoming grandchild. It looks comfortable and very safe. It was requested by my son, and it seems quite versatile. However, it has a limited weight capacity, so will have limited use. We knew that when we bought, so I don't consider it the manufacturer's shortcoming. I have a similar model in my vehicle, and my husband installed with no difficulty.

I purchase this highchair in Miami and send it to Peru for my nephew (who is 3) a few years ago. I had never had a problem with Graco products before so I totally trusted this brand. About a year ago, my goddaughter (who is 18 months old) started using this high chair. A little more than a month ago (on April 25) my goddaughter was sitting on the chair, with all the seat-belts on, and she moved herself to a side making the chair lose its balance and falling to a side. She fracture her skull. She had to stay overnight at a hospital for observation because (even though she didn't lose conscious or had brain bleed) her fracture is pretty big for a small kid, it is around 6 cms long. 3 weeks ago I sent Graco a message about it, however I am still waiting for an answer. I can't find the receipt, however we still have the box (see pictures).

The seat was easy to put in and transfer between cars. I felt like it was easy to get it in the correct way so the kids were protected. I felt confident that I was installing the car seat correctly and that everything was lined up for maximum protection. It was easy to learn to do and after a couple of time, I did not feel like I need to review the instructions. It was also easy to clean off. I also liked the range of colors that I had to pick from - even though that was not high on my priority list. However, I would like to make some of the plastic parts different colors. I have black seats, black seat belts and sometimes when I was in a hurry in the dark that would be annoying. An extra seat cover would also have been nice along with an extra strap, so you had a spare when there was a huge mess.

I really liked the Safety features. I also really like the colors and styles/options that were available when I purchased the car seat. The multiple harness settings were nice. However, price was a little higher than I would have liked to have paid. Also, it never seemed to fit as tight as I think it should. Most car seats that I have seen appear to be similar, though. Moreover, it was a little difficult to install into the vehicle but if you follow the instructions it is not that bad.

I like Graco's 3 point connection in front, gray in color and head insert that acts as additional padding. The seat also has a release lever easily accessible in the rear of the seat. Is sturdy and made of quality material. However, straps can get easily twisted in the buckle apparatus and inserting seat into car can be difficult at times while operating in the small space of a back seat. It is difficult, but for what I would assume is a good thing. Seat belts from the vehicle attach to the seat and hold the base of the seat in place in case of an accident. The seat itself then rest in the base in a secure and safe fashion.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Graco?

It was gray with a blue-ish padding. It was what I needed for when I needed it. It was quite easy to put the seatbelt through the slots in the back and buckle the child I was babysitting into it. It never failed to click when it needed to and it kept the child safe. My only issue was the expensive price tag and not as many design choices for a boy.

It's solidly built, so it looks like it would provide highest possible safety in the event of an accident. I trust the brand with the most valuable things in the world, my children. Also, the designs are simple and gender neutral so there was no awkwardness transitioning from my girl to my boy. However, the removable infant carrier is heavy when you detach it from the base but I expect that the heaviness is a result of the safety measures. But installation is fairly simple and self-explanatory. There are instructions and diagrams on the unit. You set it on the seat of the car, wind the seatbelt through the right slots, and check the color-coded gauge on the side to ensure it's at the right angle.

I liked that it was convertible so I could use it in the different stages of my son growing up without having to buy another one. It had a liner that snapped out so it was easy to wash and keep clean. It also had a folding handle so I could also use it as a carrier. It was hard to actually secure the seat to the automobile seat but was easy to put and secure baby inside of the car seat. I would have also added a canopy so the sun wouldn't beat down in the baby's eyes or expose its skin and get sunburned.

I usually would put the car seat in the car first and secure it by threading the lap/shoulder belt through the slots underneath the car seat, making sure to take up the slack and that it clicked. I moved it around to make sure it was secure and then tightened it again and then clicked it back in place. Then I put the baby in the car seat and put the harness over the head and shoulders then snapped it into the slot between the baby's legs. Finally I adjusted the part in front of the baby's body so that it was snug.

The Graco car seats are very sturdily built and are safe for infants of all ages and different stages of growth. Each of the Graco infant car seats I owned and used was very easy to install in our two automobiles and were very safe to transport our children throughout the different growth stages. Also easy to switch between vehicles.

It was easy to install, adjustable for child size, met safety standards, ease of putting in & removing child from seat! The car seat was secured with main seatbelt of the backseat of the car! Also, had a good warranty and many people I know also have had great success with Graco car seats and other Graco products they purchased like I did. I know there was a recall of a Graco product a while back, but that was long after my many years of using the Graco products! I had no complaints!! I was completely satisfied with the car seat I purchased! Graco has a very good reputation! Purchased other Graco products also and was very satisfied with them also - Graco is a well known name/stands by its products!!!

It is fairly easy to install into the car with an enhanced base at the car mounted seat. You just mount the anchors into the car and put the base in and then you can put in the car seat in and out. I like how dynamic and versatile it really is. It provides a two in one system and has a high-quality fabric for my baby's gentle skin. My baby feels comfortable inside. On the other hand, I wish that it was a little cheaper when I bought it. It would be great if it was a little lighter when I transport it to my stroller. Also, I would like to have larger wheels.

It serves its purpose. Graco has a carrier and child safety seat so that you can either have it front or rear facing. It is difficult to get into the car when the baby is in the seat. The baby almost has to be turned to the side to get the carrier into the car. What I dislike about it is it is very bulky and the baby almost comes out of the seat as you maneuver it into the car. I also think that the handle could be better made.

All features and functions were good on this model. I liked a good number of features with the particular car seat that I had purchased. Among them were the latch hooks that fastened the seat to the frame of the vehicle. Installing the car seat was very easy. Simply applying a small amount of downward pressure allowed for the hiking of the latches to the frame of the seat to ensure the three point harness system was secure.

Good experience with Graco car seat that was purchased at Babies R Us for my newborn daughter. It lasted through 2 kids and was very safe to use for many years, and will always use. It was very easy to install in my minivan. The seatbelt fit very well and no special help was required. It was very secure in the minivan. It worked very well for my kids and in my car.

It is easy to move from car to car which we have to do frequently and has cup holders which my child likes to have - it is also pretty easy to clean which is nice. However, sometimes it's hard to fit hands through for seat belt and should be made easier for anyone who doesn't have small hands. Also the locks can be hard to press all the way in to secure the child and you can't always tell if it's locked or not because of this.

It has a removable carry basket. This way when I arrive at my destination, I can take away the carry part and keep my baby in it for ease of transport. Then when it is time to get in the car, I can just snap it back into the car seat base/holder and it is easy and quick to do so we can be on our way. When putting the car seat into the car, it is hard to feed the belts in the correct place and secure it tightly so it works properly and is safe to use. I feel like I have to crawl around to do this task. Making it easier to install with the seat belts and making sure the car seat is secure and tight without too much slack could be easier than it is.

Horrible odor after putting item Graco Pack and Play together and awaiting arrival of granddaughter, I opened the closed room where it was kept to be met with a horrific odor. Somewhat like mildew and something else gross... Returning this junk, made in China what else is new. Company should go out of business, so many complaints it is amazing.

I have been trying to get replacement harness straps for my Graco car seat for 5 months now. I was told they were on back order and I keep being told they will mail them to me after several weeks. I have contacted Graco multiple times and am very disappointed in their customer service and the fact that they do not carry replacement harness straps. This is a major safety issue and is compromising the safety of children. I spent $600 on two Graco car seats and am unable to use one of them. I used to be a huge fan of Graco, but am now highly disappointed.

I put my 4 month old in his Graco swing and it fell apart throwing him out on the floor. It collapsed. He fell out on his head and that's ridiculous, what if I had of walked off for a few minutes. It speeds up for no apparent reason and sometimes it doesn't swing at all.

Pack and play - This play yard is horrible. They had to replace the mattress 4 times and now my son sprained his ankle because of it. Do not buy. I told them they should recall it. The lady said it was just the mattress...

Don't waste your money on any Graco Pack 'n Play with "push button" fold! It's difficult to get the sides to lock with the push button design and the last thing you want to fight with when your little one is ready to sleep. One of the push buttons, completely broke within 3 months, and due to the fabric design there is no way to fix it. Purchased a Nuna Sena "one hand" fold for the same price! Absolutely amazing!! Yes, Nuna Sena! Not Graco!

Graco totblock pack and play - Overall, I loved this product. However, the bottom pad is very hard to clean. It says spot clean but obviously if your child has an accident and spills milk or whatever, you need to clean a "big spot". The padded part that lies on top of the three wood pieces is flimsy and by having to "spot clean" a large area it smells from not being able to dry properly. Wishing it was easy to find a replacement part at a decent price is what I'm thinking.

Feb 21, 2014, ordered Graco SimpleSwitch High Chair - Pasadena. Rec'd it from Kohl's Mar 3rd. Contacted cust service Mar 7th, pin missing. Can't use without! Rec'd e-mail Mar 7th saying the part has been ordered for me. Still nothing as of Mar 18th. When asked why delay, cust service tells me their records show part actually ordered Mar 11th and takes 10-14 days!! I made crystal clear in my FIRST contact with them that I needed to use the highchair on Mar 20th for an event.

It is now Mar 29th and I STILL HAVE NO PIN!!!! GRACO CUSTOMER SERVICE SUCKS!!!

My 7-month old grandson weighing 25 lbs had been bouncing in his GRACO doorway bouncer when we heard a loud crack, rumbling and crying. I jumped to my feet and immediately saw my 7-month old grandson caught in the fallen jumper. The spring broke and he was crying and sprawling trying to get free. My grandson may never want to attempt a jump again. It took me and my daughter 15 - 20 minutes to calm him down. So much for GRACO products from Walmart for our family.

I had bought the Graco travel system model # 1751535. I have a few problems with the car seat, that could be deadly. The harness becomes loose where baby can slide out, the buckle part slid out a number of times, and the handle became loose. Lucky that I don't carry my baby by the carrying handle, as intended. The baby can be thrown out of the car seat if I got into an accident, or even slammed on the brakes. The baby could've fallen to the ground, if she was in it when the handle failed. Lucky for my baby, I sit in the rear, and was able to catch her before anything happened.

I had received a Graco Pack n Play for my baby shower in Feb 2010. My son who was born March 2010 does not like to lay flat on his back so he rarely uses the pack and play. I took him to the doctors around two months and showed the doctor a cut (in a circle on his toe, an open wound) and he had said he had never seen anything like it in a two-month old especially because he can't walk! So he told me to look out to what can be causing it. I couldn't find anything until I put him in the pack and play while he fell asleep and found spots of blood on the netting which is in the shape of circles. How can this hurt a two month old who isn't strong enough to walk, kick or crawl? I can only imagine how this could/would hurt his hands when he is able to stand and pull himself up! I contacted Graco about this and am waiting for a reply on this. A little abrasion on my two-month old son's foot that is healing now that he does not go in the pack and play anymore.

I have purchased two Graco Infant Car Seats since January of 2009 and both have had problems with the handles that you carry the seats with. Both handles have become loose and one handle has actually broken off one side while my granddaughter was in the seat! Luckily, my son always carries the seat by the handle and has a hand on the seat itself, or she would have fallen out. I have heard of other infant seats doing this, but not Graco, and I have always trusted Graco, but now I am not so sure. This must be looked into before a child does fall out of their seat, if one hasn't already!

I have a crib made by Graco but manufactured by Lajobi Industries and it is a Graco Lauren drop side convertible crib. I have a son who is 21 months and uses this crib. For the third time in two months, he has gotten his leg stuck in between the crib bars. Today, I almost had to call the fire department because it had been over 10 minutes that I was trying to get it out. Luckily, with the help of quite a bit of lotion, I was able to get it out. My son's leg is bruised and swollen. He also has bruises on his other leg still from the last time it had gotten stuck. The company told me that by 15 months, it should be made into a toddler bed so there is nothing that they can do for me. My son doesn't yet grasp that so therefore, it remains a crib for his safety but this doesn't seem very safe at all. I called and filed a complaint with the company but I got nowhere. There are other complaints of this online.

I bought the Disney infant carseat. Got it all ready to take to the hospital for when I had my son. When we were getting read to leave the hospital, the nurse came it to see if we had him in the carseat right & relized that the latch that hold the straps together was missing!!! The hospital wasn't going to let us leave without his being in a safe carseat. What end up happing is they gave us a carseat as a gift, THANK GOD FO THAT! So I have a carseat that is missing the latch. How could this happen? Bought at Walmart in Elkhart, IN.

My 18 month old grandson was sleeping in a Graco Pack & Play and when I checked on him he was under the mattress with just his head sticking out. He did not seem to be able to get out from under it on his own. After that he lifted it up several other times and proceded to fold it up and he was sitting on the bottom of the Pack & Play where the bars crossed and where the handle was located. There is velcro on the bottom as well as under the mattress but when you put a sheet on the mattress it covers up the velcro. However even if a sheet is not used I believe the mattress can still be lifted up as the velcro is not very strong. I am concerned that another child might get under one of the mattresses and not be able to get up and if a parent is not vigilant the child could sufficate.

Graco Baby Products Company Profile