2.49/5

63 Graco Baby Products Consumer Reviews

Original review: April 12, 2019

The website for the same product had two different prices as I browsed 30 mins apart. The first time was about $15 more expensive however I already placed the order. I was trying to call and figured out why, maybe they should match up the price. No one picked up so I had to order another one with cheaper price and hoping to cancel the first order the next day morning.

The next day, I called at least 10 times from 9 AM to 2 pm on a weekday and the phone system kept saying they were having a department meeting and hang up on me. The automatic emails indicated both of the orders were still not processed so I then sent an email requesting to cancel the first order. Of course, no response. Yet, guess what, 20 mins later after my email to cancel order, they notified me that order was shipped! Well, what else can I do? I guess had to pay shipping to return it! Everyone should avoid this brand! I can't believe this is a US owned company with the worst customer service and website.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2019

We received a Graco glider off our baby registry and less than 6 months later, it snapped in half while rocking the child. I've contacted Graco via email and received no response and I have been on hold for over 30 min each time I've tried contacting customer service. For a $200 glider, it shouldn't be breaking. And you'd think a well known name like Graco would offer better customer service!

Get expert buying tips about Car Seats delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

I've been trying to order a new motor for an old Graco swing. Model 1D0NAP. I bought it 12 years ago for my son. It is still in excellent shape. Good product! Unfortunately, I have to change the motor to make it work again. I was unable to find it on the web. I then tried to get the part with the Graco website. I was unable to enter the model number on gracobaby.ca. I've finally spent exactly 52 minutes waiting to talk to a consumer representative!! They don't have that part and would give me a $40 rebate on a $100 purchase. Quite expensive when the part I want is worth $6. Bad experience. I'll have to throw the whole swing to garbage and buy a new one. (Not Graco.) Really disapointed.

Resolution response: Feb. 5, 2019

It us

Original review: Feb. 4, 2019

My 7 month old who weighs 17 lbs was jumping in his Graco baby jumper, when out of nowhere he suddenly crashed to the floor. I scooped him right up, and immediately saw that the safety line had failed and the metal coil broke. I cannot believe that a baby who weighed so little could have broken this thing. I will NEVER purchase another Graco product again. It could have broken his legs or paralyzed him if he had been in a certain position. I just cannot believe it. I would have chosen zero stars but it wouldn't let me. The company I called and they told me oh well because I didn't have the receipt anymore. Unbelievable.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2019

“We respond to all email inquiries” means that they respond with a generic response. Someone eventually emailed back 2 weeks later AND gave me the wrong phone to call for a customer service representative. When I finally did find the correct number, I gave up after 15 minutes of waiting on hold. Replacement parts online have no pictures so how do I know if I’m ordering the correct replacement part? Still waiting for an email response to that question, 2 weeks later. For such a huge, well-known company, I would expect a much better customer service department. Unless Graco feels like they don’t?! So disappointing.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Graco?

Original review: Jan. 8, 2019

I ordered a car seat during the Black Friday weekend, wanting to take advantage of the sale that was going on. There were problems with the website and I ended up with two orders. When trying to return one of the car seats before Christmas, I was on hold for over an hour. I called back after Christmas and was on hold for about 20 minutes. When I finally spoke to a salesperson, she was very nice, but it took at least 20-30 minutes for her to process the return. I checked my credit card bill for a refund regularly. When I didn't receive a refund, I tried to send an email so that I didn't need to call again.

After filling out the form online, the email wouldn't send! I called again and had to wait on hold for a salesperson. Once again, it took the woman at least 15 minutes to figure out why I hadn't received a refund. Her explanation was that the original salesperson had not processed the paperwork correctly and so the refund could not be processed. When I asked why no one had fixed the mistake and/or called me for more information, she told me it was the responsibility of the original salesperson and she really couldn't tell me why it had not been taken care of. She then told me that the refund had been processed but I would have to wait one or perhaps two billing cycles on my credit card for the refund!!

Graco billed me for two car seats the day that I ordered them! Graco has very poor customer service... The hold time is entirely too long and I found the website to have technical problems two of the three times I used it. The people on the phone are very nice, but the process of getting information takes entirely too much time. In this case, they handled my refund sloppily. I feel that companies should handle refunds in the same way they handle sales, efficiently and promptly. Do I like the Graco product, a car seat? Yes. Will I ever order from Graco again? Never.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2018

I had bought a Graco car seat and noticed that foam in the headrest was broken so I called Graco to let them know. They were very nice to me and offered to replace the car seat for the price that I had bought mine for. Just had to send old one in and had received the new one a week after. I seriously love Graco products! Highly recommend???

Original review: Dec. 14, 2018

I was in under impression that Graco has best baby safety product out there. Since it’s such a huge name brands, it will surely have best customer service too. But I was totally wrong. I brought Graco Pack 'n Play to gift my friends on her baby shower. Me and my friend love Pack 'n Play because how it’s multi purpose use of it. When baby came, she unboxed and to install Pack 'n Play together. But she realize that she missing 6 out of 14 parts from it. How come a brand new box is missing so many items.

It is totally embarrassing that you have gifted something which is totally useless. I brought this product 4 months ago, so I can’t even return to the store where I bought it. I and my friend, we both trying to reach Graco customer service to get missing parts but they are not responding. I called them 3 different and I was on hold for 2-3 hours, nobody responded. I left email through their website as well. But no response from there too. Graco product are expensive, not worth time and money, definitely not even safe. STAY AWAY FROM GRACO.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2018

I ordered a travel set from Graco. After not receiving it for two weeks I tried calling three times without ever getting through to anyone. I emailed customer service and didn’t get a response. I ended up emailing every department they had listed online. A week later I got a response saying that my order was cancelled, because they don’t ship outside of the United States. I live in New Mexico. Very much so in the USA. Unbelievably bad service from a supposed quality company.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2018

I was gifted a GRACO swing that I had on my amazon registry. My son was born at 5 lbs. The swing will not swing with him in it. I contacted GRACO via their website to make a claim and provided all necessary information. A few days later, I received an automated message asking for the same information along with a picture or video depicting the issue. I resubmitted the information along with 2 videos. 3.5 months later I received a follow up offering me a newer model which required me shipping the old model back, OR the option for a new motor which would be in a diff color. I opted for a new motor.

I called customer service and told them this type of customer service is unacceptable. The customer service representative informed me that they are way behind on service repairs/replacement. Here I am 2 months later with no motor. My son is now 5.5 months old and has not been able to use the swing. He is rolling over and just about sitting up on his own— so the swing will be useless. I will NEVER EVER purchase or accept a gift GRACO branded again. $110 swing... completely useless and wasted money. AWFUL!

Graco expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Graco is an American baby product company and a subsidiary of Newell Brands, based in Atlanta. Founded in 1942 as a machine and car parts fabricating company, it began focusing on baby gear in 1955 when one of its engineers developed the first automated baby swing. Graco has been manufacturing car seats since 1998.

• Top-selling car seat: The SnugRide was Graco’s first car seat, launched in 1998. Since then it has become the best-selling car seat line in America.

• Travel systems: Graco offers a lot of options for those interested in a travel system. You can purchase a full-size or lightweight stroller system as well as a three-wheeled jogging stroller travel system.

• Four-in-one option: Graco’s all-in-one car seat has four configurations: rear-facing infant seat, forward-facing convertible seat and boosters with or without backs.

• Retailer options: Graco car seats are sold at many convenient retailers including Walmart, Babies R Us, Baby Depot, buybuy BABY, Target, Kohls and Diapers.com.

• Helpful website: Graco’s website offers a helpful tool to sort products by child age, weight or height. You can also sort by features, style, color, pattern and price range.

• Best for: parents and caregivers of infants and children, especially those interested in travel systems.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs