2.49/5
Based on 37 reviews that contain star ratings

63 Graco Baby Products Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: April 12, 2019

The website for the same product had two different prices as I browsed 30 mins apart. The first time was about $15 more expensive however I already placed the order. I was trying to call and figured out why, maybe they should match up the price. No one picked up so I had to order another one with cheaper price and hoping to cancel the first order the next day morning.

The next day, I called at least 10 times from 9 AM to 2 pm on a weekday and the phone system kept saying they were having a department meeting and hang up on me. The automatic emails indicated both of the orders were still not processed so I then sent an email requesting to cancel the first order. Of course, no response. Yet, guess what, 20 mins later after my email to cancel order, they notified me that order was shipped! Well, what else can I do? I guess had to pay shipping to return it! Everyone should avoid this brand! I can't believe this is a US owned company with the worst customer service and website.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2019

We received a Graco glider off our baby registry and less than 6 months later, it snapped in half while rocking the child. I've contacted Graco via email and received no response and I have been on hold for over 30 min each time I've tried contacting customer service. For a $200 glider, it shouldn't be breaking. And you'd think a well known name like Graco would offer better customer service!

Get expert buying tips about Car Seats delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

I've been trying to order a new motor for an old Graco swing. Model 1D0NAP. I bought it 12 years ago for my son. It is still in excellent shape. Good product! Unfortunately, I have to change the motor to make it work again. I was unable to find it on the web. I then tried to get the part with the Graco website. I was unable to enter the model number on gracobaby.ca. I've finally spent exactly 52 minutes waiting to talk to a consumer representative!! They don't have that part and would give me a $40 rebate on a $100 purchase. Quite expensive when the part I want is worth $6. Bad experience. I'll have to throw the whole swing to garbage and buy a new one. (Not Graco.) Really disapointed.

Resolution response: Feb. 5, 2019

It us

Original review: Feb. 4, 2019

My 7 month old who weighs 17 lbs was jumping in his Graco baby jumper, when out of nowhere he suddenly crashed to the floor. I scooped him right up, and immediately saw that the safety line had failed and the metal coil broke. I cannot believe that a baby who weighed so little could have broken this thing. I will NEVER purchase another Graco product again. It could have broken his legs or paralyzed him if he had been in a certain position. I just cannot believe it. I would have chosen zero stars but it wouldn't let me. The company I called and they told me oh well because I didn't have the receipt anymore. Unbelievable.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2019

“We respond to all email inquiries” means that they respond with a generic response. Someone eventually emailed back 2 weeks later AND gave me the wrong phone to call for a customer service representative. When I finally did find the correct number, I gave up after 15 minutes of waiting on hold. Replacement parts online have no pictures so how do I know if I’m ordering the correct replacement part? Still waiting for an email response to that question, 2 weeks later. For such a huge, well-known company, I would expect a much better customer service department. Unless Graco feels like they don’t?! So disappointing.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Graco?

Original review: Jan. 8, 2019

I ordered a car seat during the Black Friday weekend, wanting to take advantage of the sale that was going on. There were problems with the website and I ended up with two orders. When trying to return one of the car seats before Christmas, I was on hold for over an hour. I called back after Christmas and was on hold for about 20 minutes. When I finally spoke to a salesperson, she was very nice, but it took at least 20-30 minutes for her to process the return. I checked my credit card bill for a refund regularly. When I didn't receive a refund, I tried to send an email so that I didn't need to call again.

After filling out the form online, the email wouldn't send! I called again and had to wait on hold for a salesperson. Once again, it took the woman at least 15 minutes to figure out why I hadn't received a refund. Her explanation was that the original salesperson had not processed the paperwork correctly and so the refund could not be processed. When I asked why no one had fixed the mistake and/or called me for more information, she told me it was the responsibility of the original salesperson and she really couldn't tell me why it had not been taken care of. She then told me that the refund had been processed but I would have to wait one or perhaps two billing cycles on my credit card for the refund!!

Graco billed me for two car seats the day that I ordered them! Graco has very poor customer service... The hold time is entirely too long and I found the website to have technical problems two of the three times I used it. The people on the phone are very nice, but the process of getting information takes entirely too much time. In this case, they handled my refund sloppily. I feel that companies should handle refunds in the same way they handle sales, efficiently and promptly. Do I like the Graco product, a car seat? Yes. Will I ever order from Graco again? Never.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2018

I had bought a Graco car seat and noticed that foam in the headrest was broken so I called Graco to let them know. They were very nice to me and offered to replace the car seat for the price that I had bought mine for. Just had to send old one in and had received the new one a week after. I seriously love Graco products! Highly recommend???

Original review: Dec. 14, 2018

I was in under impression that Graco has best baby safety product out there. Since it’s such a huge name brands, it will surely have best customer service too. But I was totally wrong. I brought Graco Pack 'n Play to gift my friends on her baby shower. Me and my friend love Pack 'n Play because how it’s multi purpose use of it. When baby came, she unboxed and to install Pack 'n Play together. But she realize that she missing 6 out of 14 parts from it. How come a brand new box is missing so many items.

It is totally embarrassing that you have gifted something which is totally useless. I brought this product 4 months ago, so I can’t even return to the store where I bought it. I and my friend, we both trying to reach Graco customer service to get missing parts but they are not responding. I called them 3 different and I was on hold for 2-3 hours, nobody responded. I left email through their website as well. But no response from there too. Graco product are expensive, not worth time and money, definitely not even safe. STAY AWAY FROM GRACO.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2018

I ordered a travel set from Graco. After not receiving it for two weeks I tried calling three times without ever getting through to anyone. I emailed customer service and didn’t get a response. I ended up emailing every department they had listed online. A week later I got a response saying that my order was cancelled, because they don’t ship outside of the United States. I live in New Mexico. Very much so in the USA. Unbelievably bad service from a supposed quality company.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2018

I was gifted a GRACO swing that I had on my amazon registry. My son was born at 5 lbs. The swing will not swing with him in it. I contacted GRACO via their website to make a claim and provided all necessary information. A few days later, I received an automated message asking for the same information along with a picture or video depicting the issue. I resubmitted the information along with 2 videos. 3.5 months later I received a follow up offering me a newer model which required me shipping the old model back, OR the option for a new motor which would be in a diff color. I opted for a new motor.

I called customer service and told them this type of customer service is unacceptable. The customer service representative informed me that they are way behind on service repairs/replacement. Here I am 2 months later with no motor. My son is now 5.5 months old and has not been able to use the swing. He is rolling over and just about sitting up on his own— so the swing will be useless. I will NEVER EVER purchase or accept a gift GRACO branded again. $110 swing... completely useless and wasted money. AWFUL!

Original review: Aug. 24, 2018

It gets one star because I like the print. Bought a Pack 'n Play for my 7 month old. Made sure all sides were secured and it collapsed on my child while she was sleeping. Thank goodness she stays in my room or who knows what the outcome would be. Graco such a horrible decision.

Original review: May 21, 2018

Graco has worst customer service. Agent don't know what's meaning of customer service... My reference number Graco Consumer Care - **... Hope in future I don't need to face or engage with Graco, only Graco has good products.

Original review: April 29, 2018

I ordered a Graco product on March 27th. This was ordered after I contacted Graco via phone on four different occasions because their website would not process my card. They finally shipped the product to my sister in law in Maryland who was expecting to deliver on May 3rd. I am currently pregnant as well. I have registered products on my registry and I will definitely be looking for a different company to use. I first reached out to them on April 7th to tell them the product would not turn on. This is their return policy for a product that was sent defective and has not been used:

"In order for us to consider a warranty claim to replace the damaged part of your product or replace it, please provide us with the following information: Proof of purchase such as: receipt, gift receipt, baby registry, online order confirmation, credit card statement, bank statement, etc. **If you are unable to provide any of these items, it will delay our ability to process your warranty claim. Description of the issue you are experiencing. Picture showing the damage/defect OR video demonstrating the potential performance issue. Also, include a slip of paper with your name and case number showing beside your product. Child’s approximate weight, height, and age. Model number and manufacture date: This information can be found at one of the following locations, depending on your product:

"OpenTop™ - inside the battery compartment. Wind-up - underside of the top housing- the piece of plastic that runs across the top of the swing and is right above the baby's head. Duet Connect Swing & Rocker, Glider Premier, Glider Petite, and Glider Gliding Swing - under the motor unit. Classic, Lovin' Hug™, and Silhouette™ - under the snack tray. Travel Lite™, Sweet Peace, and Sweet Snuggle - behind or under the seat. Swing by Me - under the pivot housing

Duet Sooth Swing & Bouncer - inside or on the back of the rear leg. Soothing System Glider - under the motor unit and on the inside of the portable bassinet, under the liner. ** This sticker contains Graco's address and phone number along with the date of manufacture or serial number and model number of the product. Residential US shipping address (we cannot ship to P.O boxes). Phone number for shipping purposes."

Meanwhile, they have my order number with all of this information and you still have to send the old product back. My sister in law sent the video and I spoke to a representative named Sheila who sent me this list. She was speaking to a representative named Dezhia. Our complaint went back and forth for a month's time. After the video was sent, Dezhia still requested additional information that should have already been noted on the account. Obviously this was a gift and I can't take care of the process, but we STILL do not have a working product. Sheila at least offered to generate a return label. I have asked to speak to a supervisor at least three different times and NO ONE has called me back. Well, the baby was born yesterday and the mom, while in the hospital, receives an email stating:

"Though all of your other warranty information is currently under review, we have yet to receive the following: A slip of paper with your name and case number showing beside your product. Photo of model number and manufacturer date. Please reply with this documentation so that we can fully process your incomplete claim." The video contained all of this information. They have my order number which is **. I still do not have a product. Now that Babies R Us is closed, you have to deal with this terrible company. It is April 29th and I still do not have a return label for this product. My niece will be home from the hospital tomorrow.

Original review: May 30, 2017

I recently purchased a Graco for an upcoming grandchild. It looks comfortable and very safe. It was requested by my son, and it seems quite versatile. However, it has a limited weight capacity, so will have limited use. We knew that when we bought, so I don't consider it the manufacturer's shortcoming. I have a similar model in my vehicle, and my husband installed with no difficulty.

Original review: May 29, 2017

I purchase this highchair in Miami and send it to Peru for my nephew (who is 3) a few years ago. I had never had a problem with Graco products before so I totally trusted this brand. About a year ago, my goddaughter (who is 18 months old) started using this high chair. A little more than a month ago (on April 25) my goddaughter was sitting on the chair, with all the seat-belts on, and she moved herself to a side making the chair lose its balance and falling to a side. She fracture her skull. She had to stay overnight at a hospital for observation because (even though she didn't lose conscious or had brain bleed) her fracture is pretty big for a small kid, it is around 6 cms long. 3 weeks ago I sent Graco a message about it, however I am still waiting for an answer. I can't find the receipt, however we still have the box (see pictures).

Original review: May 26, 2017

The seat was easy to put in and transfer between cars. I felt like it was easy to get it in the correct way so the kids were protected. I felt confident that I was installing the car seat correctly and that everything was lined up for maximum protection. It was easy to learn to do and after a couple of time, I did not feel like I need to review the instructions. It was also easy to clean off. I also liked the range of colors that I had to pick from - even though that was not high on my priority list. However, I would like to make some of the plastic parts different colors. I have black seats, black seat belts and sometimes when I was in a hurry in the dark that would be annoying. An extra seat cover would also have been nice along with an extra strap, so you had a spare when there was a huge mess.

Original review: May 25, 2017

I really liked the Safety features. I also really like the colors and styles/options that were available when I purchased the car seat. The multiple harness settings were nice. However, price was a little higher than I would have liked to have paid. Also, it never seemed to fit as tight as I think it should. Most car seats that I have seen appear to be similar, though. Moreover, it was a little difficult to install into the vehicle but if you follow the instructions it is not that bad.

Original review: May 21, 2017

I like Graco's 3 point connection in front, gray in color and head insert that acts as additional padding. The seat also has a release lever easily accessible in the rear of the seat. Is sturdy and made of quality material. However, straps can get easily twisted in the buckle apparatus and inserting seat into car can be difficult at times while operating in the small space of a back seat. It is difficult, but for what I would assume is a good thing. Seat belts from the vehicle attach to the seat and hold the base of the seat in place in case of an accident. The seat itself then rest in the base in a secure and safe fashion.

Original review: May 20, 2017

It was gray with a blue-ish padding. It was what I needed for when I needed it. It was quite easy to put the seatbelt through the slots in the back and buckle the child I was babysitting into it. It never failed to click when it needed to and it kept the child safe. My only issue was the expensive price tag and not as many design choices for a boy.

Original review: May 19, 2017

It's solidly built, so it looks like it would provide highest possible safety in the event of an accident. I trust the brand with the most valuable things in the world, my children. Also, the designs are simple and gender neutral so there was no awkwardness transitioning from my girl to my boy. However, the removable infant carrier is heavy when you detach it from the base but I expect that the heaviness is a result of the safety measures. But installation is fairly simple and self-explanatory. There are instructions and diagrams on the unit. You set it on the seat of the car, wind the seatbelt through the right slots, and check the color-coded gauge on the side to ensure it's at the right angle.

Original review: May 15, 2017

I liked that it was convertible so I could use it in the different stages of my son growing up without having to buy another one. It had a liner that snapped out so it was easy to wash and keep clean. It also had a folding handle so I could also use it as a carrier. It was hard to actually secure the seat to the automobile seat but was easy to put and secure baby inside of the car seat. I would have also added a canopy so the sun wouldn't beat down in the baby's eyes or expose its skin and get sunburned.

I usually would put the car seat in the car first and secure it by threading the lap/shoulder belt through the slots underneath the car seat, making sure to take up the slack and that it clicked. I moved it around to make sure it was secure and then tightened it again and then clicked it back in place. Then I put the baby in the car seat and put the harness over the head and shoulders then snapped it into the slot between the baby's legs. Finally I adjusted the part in front of the baby's body so that it was snug.

Original review: May 14, 2017

The Graco car seats are very sturdily built and are safe for infants of all ages and different stages of growth. Each of the Graco infant car seats I owned and used was very easy to install in our two automobiles and were very safe to transport our children throughout the different growth stages. Also easy to switch between vehicles.

Original review: May 13, 2017

It was easy to install, adjustable for child size, met safety standards, ease of putting in & removing child from seat! The car seat was secured with main seatbelt of the backseat of the car! Also, had a good warranty and many people I know also have had great success with Graco car seats and other Graco products they purchased like I did. I know there was a recall of a Graco product a while back, but that was long after my many years of using the Graco products! I had no complaints!! I was completely satisfied with the car seat I purchased! Graco has a very good reputation! Purchased other Graco products also and was very satisfied with them also - Graco is a well known name/stands by its products!!!

Original review: May 12, 2017

It is fairly easy to install into the car with an enhanced base at the car mounted seat. You just mount the anchors into the car and put the base in and then you can put in the car seat in and out. I like how dynamic and versatile it really is. It provides a two in one system and has a high-quality fabric for my baby's gentle skin. My baby feels comfortable inside. On the other hand, I wish that it was a little cheaper when I bought it. It would be great if it was a little lighter when I transport it to my stroller. Also, I would like to have larger wheels.

Original review: May 11, 2017

It serves its purpose. Graco has a carrier and child safety seat so that you can either have it front or rear facing. It is difficult to get into the car when the baby is in the seat. The baby almost has to be turned to the side to get the carrier into the car. What I dislike about it is it is very bulky and the baby almost comes out of the seat as you maneuver it into the car. I also think that the handle could be better made.

Original review: May 10, 2017

All features and functions were good on this model. I liked a good number of features with the particular car seat that I had purchased. Among them were the latch hooks that fastened the seat to the frame of the vehicle. Installing the car seat was very easy. Simply applying a small amount of downward pressure allowed for the hiking of the latches to the frame of the seat to ensure the three point harness system was secure.

Original review: May 7, 2017

Good experience with Graco car seat that was purchased at Babies R Us for my newborn daughter. It lasted through 2 kids and was very safe to use for many years, and will always use. It was very easy to install in my minivan. The seatbelt fit very well and no special help was required. It was very secure in the minivan. It worked very well for my kids and in my car.

Original review: May 6, 2017

It is easy to move from car to car which we have to do frequently and has cup holders which my child likes to have - it is also pretty easy to clean which is nice. However, sometimes it's hard to fit hands through for seat belt and should be made easier for anyone who doesn't have small hands. Also the locks can be hard to press all the way in to secure the child and you can't always tell if it's locked or not because of this.

Original review: May 5, 2017

It has a removable carry basket. This way when I arrive at my destination, I can take away the carry part and keep my baby in it for ease of transport. Then when it is time to get in the car, I can just snap it back into the car seat base/holder and it is easy and quick to do so we can be on our way. When putting the car seat into the car, it is hard to feed the belts in the correct place and secure it tightly so it works properly and is safe to use. I feel like I have to crawl around to do this task. Making it easier to install with the seat belts and making sure the car seat is secure and tight without too much slack could be easier than it is.

Original review: March 5, 2017

Horrible odor after putting item Graco Pack and Play together and awaiting arrival of granddaughter, I opened the closed room where it was kept to be met with a horrific odor. Somewhat like mildew and something else gross... Returning this junk, made in China what else is new. Company should go out of business, so many complaints it is amazing.

Graco expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Graco is an American baby product company and a subsidiary of Newell Brands, based in Atlanta. Founded in 1942 as a machine and car parts fabricating company, it began focusing on baby gear in 1955 when one of its engineers developed the first automated baby swing. Graco has been manufacturing car seats since 1998.

• Top-selling car seat: The SnugRide was Graco’s first car seat, launched in 1998. Since then it has become the best-selling car seat line in America.

• Travel systems: Graco offers a lot of options for those interested in a travel system. You can purchase a full-size or lightweight stroller system as well as a three-wheeled jogging stroller travel system.

• Four-in-one option: Graco’s all-in-one car seat has four configurations: rear-facing infant seat, forward-facing convertible seat and boosters with or without backs.

• Retailer options: Graco car seats are sold at many convenient retailers including Walmart, Babies R Us, Baby Depot, buybuy BABY, Target, Kohls and Diapers.com.

• Helpful website: Graco’s website offers a helpful tool to sort products by child age, weight or height. You can also sort by features, style, color, pattern and price range.

• Best for: parents and caregivers of infants and children, especially those interested in travel systems.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs