Graco Baby Products

Graco Baby Products
Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.37/5

Graco Baby Products Reviews

Original review: Jan. 16, 2020

I recently spent quite a bit of time researching car seats to move my 11 month old into. She currently has the Graco snug ride and I LOVE it. I have always been one to only purchase Graco items. I am done. I ordered the Graco Sequence 65 off of the gracobaby website because everywhere else was out of stock on the color I wanted. It showed it processed through and I received a confirmation email. I had been waiting over a week for my car seat and nothing. I finally called Graco and was told it was either “stuck in a portal” or had been knocked out on suspicions of fraud since the billing address was different than mailing. I was told I’d know something by the end of that day. Specially, that if it was stuck in a portal they would send it on through and send me a tracking number...but if it had been kicked out due to suspicions of fraud I would have one sent to me free of charge.

Well lo and behold I wasn’t told anything that day as I was promised. So the next day I call back. The lady I talk to then tells me she can place another order for me because it had in fact been kicked out - yet I received no notification of this...just was waiting on my child’s car seat that I desperately need. I told her I wanted someone to review the phone call because I was told I’d be sent one free of charge.

A supervisor reviewed the call and said they “can see where you would have thought that but actually we meant if it got lost in shipping we would send one free of charge”. Which is NOT what the customer service representative told me. So instead I got a rebate. Something I have to fill out and send in after I make a new purchase. Which means taking MORE time out of my day because of their mess up! I am highly frustrated and will not be buying a Graco product again. I would have thought ordering from the company itself would have been much better, but boy was I wrong!

Original review: Dec. 18, 2019

I purchased a Graco Snuglock Snugride 35Lx safety surround in Jack. Well my 6 month old baby needed a helmet and this car seat does not have removable head protection. My son only weights 15lbs. So we easily could have used the infant carrier for a long time. Well I contacted Graco asking them why they would make a product not fit for every baby, I would have purchased the car seat if I had known better beforehand that the pads did not come out. The car seat cost $200.

Well they emailed me back TWO weeks later. Saying I should look into a car seat for babies with special needs. My son isn’t special needs. He just needs a medical device to help his head shape. I was highly offended at that remark. Then I was offered $40 off $100 or $60 off anything over $100. But I had to mail in the tags from the old seat (which I sold because it took two weeks for anyone from graco to answer and I can’t drive him around without a car seat) a receipt, the upc etc. Ok it took you two weeks and I’m going to hold onto all of that? Basically they said I was SOL. I’m done doing business with Graco.

Get expert buying tips about Car Seats delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2019

Impossible website experience and phone customer service. I ordered a Graco FastAction Jogger LX Travel System for my niece. All went well on the website until payment. I live in Florida and she is in California. The website repeatedly told me that there was a problem with my card. I checked with the credit card company and we could see the item being entered and then cancelled. It was not a problem with the credit card. I then called Customer Service as directed and after ONE HOUR wait on hold, I was advised that this website could not ship an item to one address and bill the payment to another. I then emailed customer service to complain about this situation. In the interim I ordered the item from another seller and was able to ship to one address and bill to my address.

Customer service representative Candi responded to my complaint and she explained that she could provide the requested service internally but not through their website. Since I had already ordered the item she offered me a rebate of $40 if the next item was $100 or less and $60 if over that amount. My niece had another Graco item the LiteRider LX on her registry so I ordered that - please note I had to have Candi process the order because I could not do it on the website because it cannot ship to one address and bill to another.

She processed it for me and sent me the information for the rebate and also provided me with a case number so that they could verify the notes and also make clear that I did not need all the information normally required for a rebate such as the UPC label which I would not have had. The rebate was processed within a reasonable time and I received the check. All of this could be avoided if their website functioned like most other companies. Graco is owned by Newell Brands as best I can determine. I am hoping the items function as intended once the baby gets to use them.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2019

After receiving no answer to my calls and then waiting at least twenty minutes on hold, I eventually had to email the company in order to receive assistance. I purchased "two" car seats, which went on sale before the return period policy. I requested the difference in price to be credited back to my account, which was denied...."3" times. Instead, I was told I could return the unused items for a credit. I would then have to reorder to get the sale price. What sense does this make, especially for an expectant mother of twins!!! Well, the twins arrived and car seats needed. Rest assured, this will be my last purchase from Graco and last purchase of Graco products.

Original review: April 12, 2019

The website for the same product had two different prices as I browsed 30 mins apart. The first time was about $15 more expensive however I already placed the order. I was trying to call and figured out why, maybe they should match up the price. No one picked up so I had to order another one with cheaper price and hoping to cancel the first order the next day morning.

The next day, I called at least 10 times from 9 AM to 2 pm on a weekday and the phone system kept saying they were having a department meeting and hang up on me. The automatic emails indicated both of the orders were still not processed so I then sent an email requesting to cancel the first order. Of course, no response. Yet, guess what, 20 mins later after my email to cancel order, they notified me that order was shipped! Well, what else can I do? I guess had to pay shipping to return it! Everyone should avoid this brand! I can't believe this is a US owned company with the worst customer service and website.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Graco?

Original review: Feb. 27, 2019

We received a Graco glider off our baby registry and less than 6 months later, it snapped in half while rocking the child. I've contacted Graco via email and received no response and I have been on hold for over 30 min each time I've tried contacting customer service. For a $200 glider, it shouldn't be breaking. And you'd think a well known name like Graco would offer better customer service!

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

I've been trying to order a new motor for an old Graco swing. Model 1D0NAP. I bought it 12 years ago for my son. It is still in excellent shape. Good product! Unfortunately, I have to change the motor to make it work again. I was unable to find it on the web. I then tried to get the part with the Graco website. I was unable to enter the model number on gracobaby.ca. I've finally spent exactly 52 minutes waiting to talk to a consumer representative!! They don't have that part and would give me a $40 rebate on a $100 purchase. Quite expensive when the part I want is worth $6. Bad experience. I'll have to throw the whole swing to garbage and buy a new one. (Not Graco.) Really disapointed.

Resolution response: Feb. 5, 2019

It us

Original review: Feb. 4, 2019

My 7 month old who weighs 17 lbs was jumping in his Graco baby jumper, when out of nowhere he suddenly crashed to the floor. I scooped him right up, and immediately saw that the safety line had failed and the metal coil broke. I cannot believe that a baby who weighed so little could have broken this thing. I will NEVER purchase another Graco product again. It could have broken his legs or paralyzed him if he had been in a certain position. I just cannot believe it. I would have chosen zero stars but it wouldn't let me. The company I called and they told me oh well because I didn't have the receipt anymore. Unbelievable.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2019

“We respond to all email inquiries” means that they respond with a generic response. Someone eventually emailed back 2 weeks later AND gave me the wrong phone to call for a customer service representative. When I finally did find the correct number, I gave up after 15 minutes of waiting on hold. Replacement parts online have no pictures so how do I know if I’m ordering the correct replacement part? Still waiting for an email response to that question, 2 weeks later. For such a huge, well-known company, I would expect a much better customer service department. Unless Graco feels like they don’t?! So disappointing.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2019

I ordered a car seat during the Black Friday weekend, wanting to take advantage of the sale that was going on. There were problems with the website and I ended up with two orders. When trying to return one of the car seats before Christmas, I was on hold for over an hour. I called back after Christmas and was on hold for about 20 minutes. When I finally spoke to a salesperson, she was very nice, but it took at least 20-30 minutes for her to process the return. I checked my credit card bill for a refund regularly. When I didn't receive a refund, I tried to send an email so that I didn't need to call again.

After filling out the form online, the email wouldn't send! I called again and had to wait on hold for a salesperson. Once again, it took the woman at least 15 minutes to figure out why I hadn't received a refund. Her explanation was that the original salesperson had not processed the paperwork correctly and so the refund could not be processed. When I asked why no one had fixed the mistake and/or called me for more information, she told me it was the responsibility of the original salesperson and she really couldn't tell me why it had not been taken care of. She then told me that the refund had been processed but I would have to wait one or perhaps two billing cycles on my credit card for the refund!!

Graco billed me for two car seats the day that I ordered them! Graco has very poor customer service... The hold time is entirely too long and I found the website to have technical problems two of the three times I used it. The people on the phone are very nice, but the process of getting information takes entirely too much time. In this case, they handled my refund sloppily. I feel that companies should handle refunds in the same way they handle sales, efficiently and promptly. Do I like the Graco product, a car seat? Yes. Will I ever order from Graco again? Never.

Is your car out of warranty?

Take our two minute quiz to find the right extended auto warranty for you.

Graco expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Graco is an American baby product company and a subsidiary of Newell Brands, based in Atlanta. Founded in 1942 as a machine and car parts fabricating company, it began focusing on baby gear in 1955 when one of its engineers developed the first automated baby swing. Graco has been manufacturing car seats since 1998.

• Top-selling car seat: The SnugRide was Graco’s first car seat, launched in 1998. Since then it has become the best-selling car seat line in America.

• Travel systems: Graco offers a lot of options for those interested in a travel system. You can purchase a full-size or lightweight stroller system as well as a three-wheeled jogging stroller travel system.

• Four-in-one option: Graco’s all-in-one car seat has four configurations: rear-facing infant seat, forward-facing convertible seat and boosters with or without backs.

• Retailer options: Graco car seats are sold at many convenient retailers including Walmart, Babies R Us, Baby Depot, buybuy BABY, Target, Kohls and Diapers.com.

• Helpful website: Graco’s website offers a helpful tool to sort products by child age, weight or height. You can also sort by features, style, color, pattern and price range.

• Best for: parents and caregivers of infants and children, especially those interested in travel systems.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team