Graco Baby Products

Compare Children's Toys

Research top Children's Toys recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I put my 4 month old in his Graco swing and it fell apart throwing him out on the floor. It collapsed. He fell out on his head and that's ridiculous, what if I had of walked off for a few minutes. It speeds up for no apparent reason and sometimes it doesn't swing at all.

Pack and play - This play yard is horrible. They had to replace the mattress 4 times and now my son sprained his ankle because of it. Do not buy. I told them they should recall it. The lady said it was just the mattress...

Don't waste your money on any Graco Pack 'n Play with "push button" fold! It's difficult to get the sides to lock with the push button design and the last thing you want to fight with when your little one is ready to sleep. One of the push buttons, completely broke within 3 months, and due to the fabric design there is no way to fix it. Purchased a Nuna Sena "one hand" fold for the same price! Absolutely amazing!! Yes, Nuna Sena! Not Graco!

Graco totblock pack and play - Overall, I loved this product. However, the bottom pad is very hard to clean. It says spot clean but obviously if your child has an accident and spills milk or whatever, you need to clean a "big spot". The padded part that lies on top of the three wood pieces is flimsy and by having to "spot clean" a large area it smells from not being able to dry properly. Wishing it was easy to find a replacement part at a decent price is what I'm thinking.

Feb 21, 2014, ordered Graco SimpleSwitch High Chair - Pasadena. Rec'd it from Kohl's Mar 3rd. Contacted cust service Mar 7th, pin missing. Can't use without! Rec'd e-mail Mar 7th saying the part has been ordered for me. Still nothing as of Mar 18th. When asked why delay, cust service tells me their records show part actually ordered Mar 11th and takes 10-14 days!! I made crystal clear in my FIRST contact with them that I needed to use the highchair on Mar 20th for an event.

It is now Mar 29th and I STILL HAVE NO PIN!!!! GRACO CUSTOMER SERVICE SUCKS!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Graco?

My 7-month old grandson weighing 25 lbs had been bouncing in his GRACO doorway bouncer when we heard a loud crack, rumbling and crying. I jumped to my feet and immediately saw my 7-month old grandson caught in the fallen jumper. The spring broke and he was crying and sprawling trying to get free. My grandson may never want to attempt a jump again. It took me and my daughter 15 - 20 minutes to calm him down. So much for GRACO products from Walmart for our family.

I had bought the Graco travel system model # 1751535. I have a few problems with the car seat, that could be deadly. The harness becomes loose where baby can slide out, the buckle part slid out a number of times, and the handle became loose. Lucky that I don't carry my baby by the carrying handle, as intended. The baby can be thrown out of the car seat if I got into an accident, or even slammed on the brakes. The baby could've fallen to the ground, if she was in it when the handle failed. Lucky for my baby, I sit in the rear, and was able to catch her before anything happened.

I had received a Graco Pack n Play for my baby shower in Feb 2010. My son who was born March 2010 does not like to lay flat on his back so he rarely uses the pack and play. I took him to the doctors around two months and showed the doctor a cut (in a circle on his toe, an open wound) and he had said he had never seen anything like it in a two-month old especially because he can't walk! So he told me to look out to what can be causing it. I couldn't find anything until I put him in the pack and play while he fell asleep and found spots of blood on the netting which is in the shape of circles. How can this hurt a two month old who isn't strong enough to walk, kick or crawl? I can only imagine how this could/would hurt his hands when he is able to stand and pull himself up! I contacted Graco about this and am waiting for a reply on this. A little abrasion on my two-month old son's foot that is healing now that he does not go in the pack and play anymore.

I have purchased two Graco Infant Car Seats since January of 2009 and both have had problems with the handles that you carry the seats with. Both handles have become loose and one handle has actually broken off one side while my granddaughter was in the seat! Luckily, my son always carries the seat by the handle and has a hand on the seat itself, or she would have fallen out. I have heard of other infant seats doing this, but not Graco, and I have always trusted Graco, but now I am not so sure. This must be looked into before a child does fall out of their seat, if one hasn't already!

I have a crib made by Graco but manufactured by Lajobi Industries and it is a Graco Lauren drop side convertible crib. I have a son who is 21 months and uses this crib. For the third time in two months, he has gotten his leg stuck in between the crib bars. Today, I almost had to call the fire department because it had been over 10 minutes that I was trying to get it out. Luckily, with the help of quite a bit of lotion, I was able to get it out. My son's leg is bruised and swollen. He also has bruises on his other leg still from the last time it had gotten stuck. The company told me that by 15 months, it should be made into a toddler bed so there is nothing that they can do for me. My son doesn't yet grasp that so therefore, it remains a crib for his safety but this doesn't seem very safe at all. I called and filed a complaint with the company but I got nowhere. There are other complaints of this online.

I bought the Disney infant carseat. Got it all ready to take to the hospital for when I had my son. When we were getting read to leave the hospital, the nurse came it to see if we had him in the carseat right & relized that the latch that hold the straps together was missing!!! The hospital wasn't going to let us leave without his being in a safe carseat. What end up happing is they gave us a carseat as a gift, THANK GOD FO THAT! So I have a carseat that is missing the latch. How could this happen? Bought at Walmart in Elkhart, IN.

My 18 month old grandson was sleeping in a Graco Pack & Play and when I checked on him he was under the mattress with just his head sticking out. He did not seem to be able to get out from under it on his own. After that he lifted it up several other times and proceded to fold it up and he was sitting on the bottom of the Pack & Play where the bars crossed and where the handle was located. There is velcro on the bottom as well as under the mattress but when you put a sheet on the mattress it covers up the velcro. However even if a sheet is not used I believe the mattress can still be lifted up as the velcro is not very strong. I am concerned that another child might get under one of the mattresses and not be able to get up and if a parent is not vigilant the child could sufficate.

I had an old Graco playpen with the sides that don't have that crazy curve to them. It was navy blue with a cloth bottom mat that had teddy bears in little red outfits or holding little red musical instruments. My only complaint is that I can't find another one! I loved it and my son wanted it for when he has his own babies and my husband innocently loaned it to an old neighbor who won't return it. I'd really like to find another one!

My mother-in-law bought a baby swing from Walmart, made by Graco. The registered number is PA-24833. The weighted ball that dangles above the seat of the swing fell off while my 3-month old daughter was swinging in it and hit her in the head and right eye. I couldn't take a picture because she wouldn't sit still long enough, but it created a bloody red spot on the upper part of the white of her right eye.

At my home, I have the Graco Pack 'n Play Portable Playpen. Yesterday, March 27, 2009 I was babysitting a 1 year old. I put him in the playpen and he was there playing; he stood up, held on to the sidebar and was pulling and shaking the playpen when his face hit the bar. He started yelling and his mouth was bleeding.

The same night, his parents took him to the emergency room because his tooth seem as if it shifted. It turns out, his tooth did shift and another seemed loose. The doctor tried to push the tooth back into place, told the parents that the toddler may lose the tooth and indicated that there maybe some kind of nerve damage. He has referred the parents to a dentist. I am traumatized by this event and just horrified. Why would Graco build the playpen using metal bars without adequate cushion to prevent such accidents? They really need to do better when manufacturing kids products.

I am trying to get replacement parts for a recalled crib. The Graco 8740 serial number 1903. I have sent numerous emails and even contacted the Consumer Safety people. No one seems to care if I get the parts. Have you got a suggestion of a person to call? Thanks

I can't use this crib to keep my grandchild. I can't afford to buy another crib just now as we are living on Social Security.

After contacting Graco about the recall on my daughter's crib, a customer service rep told me they would send me replacement parts. This was back in July. I have contacted them 3 times by phone and once by e-mail, and each time they claim they never received my order, and I have to re-order it. Well, last night I tried to return the crib to the Wal-mart we bought it at, and basically because the CSM there doesn't know how to do her job, they refused to exchange the crib. She told me I'm sorry I can't help you, regardless of the recall.. to me this is ridiculous. I have a 5 year warranty on the crib and it has only been 2 1/2 years since I purchased it. I don't have the receipt because I didn't think I would ever have to return it. The thing is, I had called that Wal-mart and told them that I have a crib that is on recall, and asked if it was ok if I bring it in to exchange it, and the night manager told me No problem, bring it in and we'll give you in store credit towards another crib...

Also, after digging into it a little more, I found out that this exact same crib (model # and serial #) was on recall about 8 months before I even bought it, because of the locking clips that hold the drop side up, popping off. Which I have had to replace twice, and was the reason for my calling them back in July, because the locking clips popped off again. So in other words, Wal-mart is continuing to sell recalled items, and then refusing to correct their wrong doing when the customer realizes what Wal-mart is doing.

When our 8-month-old 17.5 pound baby was put into the swing last night, the bottom broke out. The baby flew out 2.5 feet and landed on her head on tile floor. Mild concussion only, no fractures per ER MD last night.

Graco pac-and-play playpen is hazardous. The sides collapse. My granddaughter was in it when the side came down. It is so dangerous to leave a baby in it. Something should be done.

I am writing this post to vent about the Graco Exersaucer. I do not know how this product is still legally sold in the United States. My four year old son was just told that he will need to wear leg braces for the next two years because of his toe walking. He is a typically developing boy and thrives in all areas of his life (school, socially etc.) There is no neurological reason for his toe walking and it was diagnosed as being idiopathic.

Well, when I did my own research I found that idiopathic toe walking is not idiopathic at all- it comes from babies being placed in bouncers, bouncing around on the balls of their feet and building up their calf muscles prematurely. My son's problem is that he overuses his calf muscles when walking.(His calf muscles have always been very large and my husband and I would joke that he was going to be a runner someday- we didn't put two and two together). The calf muscle clicks in right away when he takes a step and he ends up walking on the balls of his feet with his calves doing all the work. Basically, he walks like he stood in the exersaucer!

As soon as I read about the link to baby jumpers it made perfect sense. My son absolutely adored his Graco exersaucer- it was probably his favorite toy/pastime. I had no idea that they could hinder the way he learned to walk and now we are paying the consequences. No one should ever buy this product. If you have one throw it away.

I've read that they can also cause hip problems because you are placing a baby in an upright position and he is using muscles accordingly when the baby is not ready to be in an upright position. 5 Month old babies do not stand so why place them in a standing position? Just do a little bit of research and you will find that jumbers cause all sorts of orthopedic problems. How is the box not labeled???!!!

My son gets his leg braces put on next week. He will have to wear them during all waking hours for the next two years. As his mother I am distraught to imagine that children may tease him, he may feel different and just by the fact that he will have to endure wearing these uncomfortable braces for all activities for the next two years.

Graco crib Model 8740 had a recall on it which I just learned about. We were never notified, though we never had a problem with it. but a child died when the drop-rail fell on him and suffocated him. I read about this online and wondered whether it's safe to use this crib anymore or should we be given a replacement crib for this one?

My six month old son, who weighs 19.8 pounds and height is 27.5 inches, was properly strapped into his Graco Snugride infant seat (Model # 8465EME3). The carrier was on a wooden floor and he was able to topple over landing on his face and head.

We immediately took him to the hospital and they noted facial abrasions on his cheek, nose and chin. His head was also red where he landed on it. He is currently being closly monitored to determine the full extent of his injuries and to determine if he should undergo a CAT scan.

I almost cannot describe to you in words how angry and disgusted I am with both the GRACO/Simplicity Companies and Wal-Mart after the Recalls on the Simplicity Aspen 3 in 1 crib. I am shocked at the nonchalance with which these situations have been handled, and suggest that the problem may be far more severe than is portrayed.

I purchased my Aspen crib from Wal-Mart in Early 2005. At that time, I did most of my shopping at Wal-Mart for several reasons. First, when Wal-Mart came to Gardner some years ago, it put all of its local competitors out of business. As such, it became the only nearby store of its kind, the most accessible for area residents. Also, Up until recently, I did view Wal-Mart as a store which sold good quality items for reasonable prices. The Aspen crib was just such an item. I believed that this item, while simple in design, would be a safe, budget-conscious buy for my nursery. I was wrong.

I put the crib together in July of 2005 and sent in the registration form so that I could receive recall notices if any were issued. However, I never received any such notices. I only began using the crib in March, 2007.

I began having problems with the crib almost immediately. Within a few months of crib-use, I began having trouble with the wooden mattress support slats, which were falling out. When this happened, the Mattress would cave-in. Luckily; I had no close calls.? The baby never fell into the mattress supports, or got wedged in between the mattress and the crib. At that time, I presumed that the crib was safe, and guessed that I must have put it together too loosely. I re-installed the provided screws several times in the same 2 or 3 loose slats, but these slats continued falling out routinely. Eventually I ended up purchasing longer screws which would offer more support to these slats. I had no more trouble with the mattress base after I took that action.

I also noticed early on that the hardware on the drop side was shoddy, and that it may have been bending or breaking. On occasion, when I leaned over the drop side, it would fall under my weight. (I am not heavy.?) Again, I presumed that this was my fault? and that I should not be bearing down on the drop side. I had never even used the drop side, but when I inspected it, it appeared as though the hardware had broken at some point possibly when it fell. At that point, I stopped using the crib. I wasnt sure what to do, and I was looking at new cribs.

Weeks later, I learned of the drop-side recall.?I had not received notification from the company, but saw this on the news. I was astonished that this problem that I believed I had created was actually caused by a serious flaw in the manufacturing of the crib. I registered for the replacement hardware immediately, online.

Weeks later I received an automated call that asked for additional information before the hardware could be sent. In this message, I was reassured that I could continue to use my crib. I think that was a very serious error, as the cribs are clearly unsafe. I would also mention that while the website requested information about whether I had a wooden or metal mattress base, it never alluded to or mentioned the previous recall on this SAME CRIB! As far as I can tell, neither GRACO nor Simplicity made a good faith effort to ensure that their customers with wooden mattress bases knew that there were multiple safety issues with the Aspen crib. (Note: I have only learned about this recall within the past few days as a result of research and phone-contact with a Simplicity employee.)

Several weeks later, I received the metal replacement hardware for my crib. I installed it within a few days and began using my crib again, assuming it was now safe. (Again, please note that at this time, although I had been in contact with Simplicity many times, I had never seen or heard information regarding the wooden mattress base recalls.) Then, on Wednesday 11/21/2007, my babysitter placed my 9 month old son in the crib for an afternoon nap. hour later, I got home, and looked in on my son. He was fast asleep; and only his upper-torso and head were visible above the mattress, which had collapsed when the wooden support slats had come loose. 2 had fallen out completely, and one was hanging. My sons legs were straddling the halfway collapsed rail. This was the only thing keeping Connors head and body from sliding further down, (which could possibly have allowed him to fall on the ground, or be suffocated or strangled by the bars or mattress.) This experience was obviously very frightening.

We began using the port-a-crib again that day.

Due to the thanksgiving holiday, I was not able to contact Simplicity until Saturday 11/24. It was only after I explained our situation that the woman on the phone informed me of a past recall on this same crib for the mattress base. Further online research let me know that this recall was issued in December of 2005, nearly 2 years ago. I was never contacted! The woman on the phone offered to send me a new GRACO crib, including a mobile; (which I have no use for, as my son is too old to safely use a mobile in his crib.) I accepted the offer what else could I do? However, the more I think on this situation and the problems and dangers it has caused me and my family, the more upset I become.

There is little anyone can do to soothe the extreme guilt I feel as Connors mother for placing him in that death-trap for so many months. You can only imagine how strongly I distrust GRACO, Simplicity AND Wal-Mart for their parts in this debacle. I accept this new crib with extreme misgivings, knowing that it comes from the same manufacturer that sold me a crib which bore 2 RECALLS IN 2 YEARS WITHOUT EVEN NOTIFYING ITS REGISTERED CONSUMER! The Aspen crib was unsafe in almost every way it could be unsafe, short of being covered in lead paint. I am terrified of leaving my baby unsupervised now, and keep the port-a-crib he sleeps in at night in my room. It terrifies me to realize that there is no way of me knowing whether the items I am buying for my child are safe or deadly. 30 or 40 dollars on to the price of the item, so be it. I would still have bought the crib, and it would still have been a relatively inexpensive, budget-conscious item at $150 or $175. You cannot be cutting quality on cribs and other childrens items just so your company can be competitive in terms of price. This goes for everyone; the manufacturers, and Wal-Mart. (I feel Wal-Mart has a responsibility to cross-check the items it stocks to ensure they are not deadly to babies. This would be good for everyone, including them. If I were a Wal-Mart executive, I would not want to be tied to these crib recalls.)

To conclude, I want these companies to know that they have severely altered my views as a consumer. I will never trust a manufacturer or retail outlet again. I will complain when I am unsatisfied. I will NEVER purchase another GRACO or Simplicity item, EVER, and I would be willing to tell anyone I speak with not to buy your product. I have not shopped at Wal-Mart since the incident, and I may never shop there again. This experience has been frightening and traumatic for me, my spouse, my sitter and our families. I rarely complain, but I can hardly imagine a greater cause for outrage.

While my infant son was in his infant carrier (part of the Graco Travel Lite system), the carrier fell off of a shopping cart, causing my infant son to receive a skull fracture. The latch system on the back of the carrier does not latch securely onto the shopping cart, as it is made to do, which resulted in this injury (I was at Wal-Mart, a national chain, and therefore a very common style of shopping cart)

We did not take up legal action against Wal-mart, as this seemed to be a product defect with Graco. However, just 2 days ago, I met another person who had the EXACT same thing happen (she also has a Graco Travel Lite system) to her infant son in September. She said it was okay for me to give her information, if needed, as another contact who has experienced this horrible problem. When I learned about this, and that it seems to be a much further-reaching problem than just my family, I had to report this, as there are probably babies getting hurt all over the country from this type of defect. The latch system is insufficient, and unfortunately, we did not learn about it until it was too late.

My infant son suffered a skull fracture at 4 1/2 months old, was hospitalized overnight, had to have cat scans done. The medical bills are upwards of $5,000.00.

6-Speed OpenTop™ 1488 Model Number: 1488CLE baby swing. Child swinging then the back of the seat broke and child landed in the floor. Could have broken his back, his neck, or bruised his skull. He was not injured but will not go near the swing.

The high chair has a bar going up the middle of the chair to hold the baby in. This causes an irritation on her privates. I am going to have to buy another chair because i can't keep putting her on this one to feed her.

I have a Graco car seat that was given to me as a gift for the birth of my baby. He's seven weeks old now and weighs about 14 lbs. The car seat is for 5-22 lbs. On 04/12/02,I strapped him into the car seat and was lifting it into the backseat of the car. I have a two-seater and have to lean my driver seat forward for this. I brought it up and into the car to place it in the base, already locked down in the backseat. I had my left hand on the back/head end and my right hand on the handle.

As I moved it into position, tilting it about 15 degrees to get it into the car, the handle unlocked itself from the locked position. It jerked quickly to meet my other hand, putting the whole seat into a vertical position and and then leaning forward, hovering over the base. If my son had not yet been fastened in, he would have gone head first into the base in somersault formation. I was mortified, and initially upset with myself. I thought I had not locked the handle in place properly and had endangered his life. When he was later out of the car seat, I locked the handle into place and wiggled it to make sure it was in well. Then, just as a test, I repeated the process of placing it into the base, empty, and it UN-locked itself and went vertical AGAIN.

Now, I am putting the seat in empty, putting the baby in my arms, ducking into the back seat with him (I have a two-door), sitting beside the car seat and fastening him into place. I have to take him out the same way. It's very trying, especially since I had a c-section, and I'm not sure what else I can do. I've looked at the handle from all angles and I can't see anything outwardly wrong with it, but I'm sure it should not be movable without depressing the red levers on each side which allow it to move freely. In the meantime, I have tried repeatedly to get advice from Gracobaby.com, but I cannot even get their website to load.

I am not sure what's wrongwith the seat or if it's fixable, but I am on a budget after being laid off by the airlines, and cannot afford to buy a new seat.

My daughter's grandmother had purchased a graco playpen for her younger grandson who is eleven months old. One day my daughter was playing with her cousin and next thing i had heard her screaming so I went to go see what had happened and my daughter was holding her arm and just crying. I kept asking her what had happened and she kept pointing to the playpen i had took pictures of her arm also my daughters aunt had cut her hand on the playpen when she was reaching for the baby.

My daughter has a huge scar on her arm it starts from her wrist goes to the underside of the wrist up the arm and past her elbow. that scar is not gonna go away. Apparently this playpen is dangerous if it has already cut two people.

I bought the Cradle Swing made by Graco, for my daughter who is 3 months old. I put her in the swing to sooth her, later when I picked her up, I found a screw in her seat. The screw came from the bar right over her head that holds the seat on to the swing.

After I related this to my babysitter she informed me that the screw had fallen out two other times and replaced only to fall out again.The thought that she could have put it into her mouth frightens me.

We puchased a bouncer for our son when he was about 4 months old. He fell in love with it and would spend many hours happily bouncing. He is now 15 months old and weighs close to 30 lb.

The other evening, he was bouncing away when the bouncer flew apart, tossing him off and making a noise loud enough to bring everyone in the house to their feet. He wasn't majorly hurt, but he seriously misses his "toy".

Graco Baby Products Company Profile