Gerber

Compare Children's Toys

Research top Children's Toys recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

The two times I have given my 4.5 month old Rice Cereal from Gerber he had vomit. I must mention that my wife is breastfeeding only. When she introduce this product to the baby is when he had the problem vomiting. In both occasions it happened 4 hours after he ate the product. I called the company and they are going to send me package to send the product to them and have the product tested. I will post a follow up.

About maybe a month ago I opened my bottle of apple juice to give to my two-month-old for constipation. It seemed it work a little at first. I only gave a small bottle maybe 5 during the past months and sealed the bottle and put it away. I took it out today and seen what looked like black mold. The juice is good for another year! Idc why this happened or what's actually in the juice. DONT BUY!

My six month old daughter is a very picky eater, and the good thing is that she prefers fresh foods as opposed to prepared, processed, and artificial foods. She even doesn't like formula. As we were trying to introduce solid food to her, we started with Nestle's CERELAC where she developed some rashes right after feeding. I thought the rashes were caused by external environmental agents, but when we first fed her natural/fresh foods -- no rashes. (This was done on the same day as we were observing her.) I thought I can't feed her anything else but fresh and home cooked stuff. We already bought bottles of GERBER baby food. ("Oh what a waste," and so I thought.)

Evidently, my daughter loves to eat. She eats 3 times in a day, breastfeeds from time to time, and still, she seems to look for something to eat in between those...ha-ha. That's when I introduced Gerber's baby foods to her. I thought she'd get the same reaction she had with the other OTC prepared foods. Surprisingly, she didn't, and as a matter of fact, she liked it, especially Gerber's Applesauce flavor. She can finish a bottle in one go. I don't know why she likes it, but apparently, the different flavors somehow are delectable to her.

I can say, Gerber has perfect consistency, and it does not interfere with my baby's bowel movement. I like that Gerber has different flavors -- it's perfect for my picky eater infant. So from time to time, we give it to her, but of course, her staple meal is still fresh fruits and cooked mashed veggies, eggs, etc. As Gerber indicates, "Infants six months onwards should be given fresh, indigenous, and natural foods in combination with continued breastfeeding," and I do believe so.

My granddaughter recently started eating Gerber rice cereal at the age of 6 months old. She has had a tremor in her right arm, falls to sleep and it is hard to wake her, almost like she was being drugged. I had call 911 twice and my daughter had me take her to the doctor. Could not find what was causing her problems. My daughter breastfeeds her, the only thing that was different was cereal being added to her milk. Gerber has low levels of arsenic in their rice cereal according to their page on the internet, but it does not state that info on the label of the cereal. It must be disguised by another one of those long names that you cannot understand.

My daughter was getting irritated trying to suck on a pouch after doing so for a few minutes because it wasn't coming out of the tube anymore. When I cut into it this is what I find. Called Gerber. Had it tested and it is mushroom mold. My daughter has been going through so much since eating this organic Gerber pouch (peas, pears & carrots) on 9/29/15. It is now 1/1/16 she is still having stool tests done to rule out parasites/blood etc. What should I do?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Gerber?

Gerber Graduate Meals - I just wanted to know if anyone else has eaten these and ended up with a weird numbing feeling in their mouth? Took a bite to see what it tasted like. Just odd feeling and weird aftertaste.

I put my son Elijah in two contest. I paper won the 25000 yearly contest and now they're trying to tell me that that's not possible.

Yogurt drops - My daughter choked on two of them. They got stuck together in her mouth and she couldn't breathe. Need to get taken off the market.

My eleven month old daughter has been eating Gerber baby food since she first started solids. Last night, I pulled out a container of chicken and rice for her dinner. The container was leaking and had a substantial amount of mold coming out of the sealed container. I immediately called Gerber. The representative with Gerber advised me punctured plastic containers are a known issue. If this is a known issue, why don't they either stop using the containers all together; or come up with a better method of packaging? I will no longer feed my daughter any Gerber products period. I am filing a complaint with the FDA, tomorrow.

My granddaughter has been feeding Gerber 1st & 2nd foods to my beautiful great grandson. One day she noticed some black specks in the food and thought it may have been seeds from the bananas. Then another time she saw a chunk of something in the squash. She didn't know what it was but it was thick and gooey. She threw away everything.

Anyone who finds something questionable in their baby food should send the food to the local Public Health Department. They have labs and they will test the product and report to you what their findings are. My granddaughter is now making her own baby food and she knows exactly what is in each and every bite, and it is fresh, real food. My suggestion would be to try making your own baby food. It's less costly, not time consuming because it's easy. Just cook, and put the food in a small Ninja food processor/blender and run until the food is fine and smooth. My great grandson loves it.

My son is eight months old, has eight teeth, and has been eating Gerber Puffs for over a month now. My wife and I have noticed that they are very sticky to touch, but fairly easy to mash up and ingest when wet. He has had a couple instances where he was gagging on them before today, but we just assumed he was still learning to eat solid food because he was able to clear his throat on his own or with a light pat on the back. Today, was a completely different story. It was lunch time for our son, and I had given him a few Gerber Puffs to eat. He picked one up, put it in his mouth, and before I knew it, he was full on choking. I was able to see inside of his mouth and could see the puff clogging his airway. I tried to scoop it out with my pinky, while also dialing 911. I ended up pushing the puff further into his throat because of the state of panic I was in.

I was able to get him out of his high chair relatively quick, but he was already turning colors. His face turned pure white, while his lips turned purple and blue. I put him on his back and administered a breath of air and was able to clear the blockage. He began to cry, and I was overwhelmed with joy/terror/anxiety. I was joyful for him being alive, but I was terrified at what had just happened, and now I have an abundant amount of anxiety on what products to feed my son. I began to look closer at this product. Upon further inspection, I was able to conclude that the Puffs are way too sticky. You can put one on your tongue and it will adhere itself to that spot, even if you turn your head upside down, it will not budge.

My guess is that my son put the Puff too far into his mouth, or while attempting to chew some how got the Puff too far back on his tongue and was unable to get the puff clear, which in turn, created a choking situation for my son. I am very angry, because I believe that this is an issue that could have been prevented. I believe that the company should have seen an issue with the stickiness of this product and should have addressed this issue. I hope that no one else has to experience what my family went through today. That was the scariest forty five seconds of our lives.

I have purchased and tasted almost all of the varieties of Gerber Graduates Lil' Entrees that you produce. I am wondering if the person responsible for giving your product their "seal of approval" has ever tried them? They not only taste HORRIBLE but look like something that has sitting out of the refrigerator for too many days. TERRIBLE PRODUCT!!! My grandchildren will eat "people food" from now on. I will NEVER PURCHASE this product ever again!

I have been feeding my 10 month old organic baby food since she was 6 months old. I have purchased numerous brands. Every time I use the Gerber brand my child has issues. Most often she gets constipated. However, after feeding her stage 2 apples, blueberries, and spinach she experienced explosive diarrhea. Other brands with the same ingredients don't have this effect on her. Other brands also have higher fiber content for the same ingredients than Gerber brand. Definitely will not buy their products again.

I have been feeding my son this baby food since he was about 3 months old.. and 2 days ago I was feeding him Gerber 2nd food bananas... and noticed 3 small black specs that looked like hair.. I pulled them out and then I immediately stopped feeding him and was searching through the baby food and found a hair, that looked just like a pubic hair.. about 1/2 and inch long.. was the most disgusting thing I’ve ever seen.. I’m very upset about this because the human body cannot break down food! I don't know how much hair my child has consumed... he’s had tummy aches a few times since eating it.. But never thought anything about it cause I never saw anything before that.. I look at every spoonful that goes into his mouth..

I called them and they are going to send it to their lab to see exactly what kind of hair it is.. I took photos of the hair in the food and also a picture of the side of the container with all the numbers and dates on them.. It just grosses me out thinking about whose hair that is.. where it was from.. and the fact that my son probably consumed some hair is downright disgusting! What exactly can be done about this? Has it ever happened to you? Someone please help.

3 months ago I purchased fruit splasher grape juice. I've been using it, giving it to my baby little by little and today I guess it was at the end of it and I poured into bottle and a black piece came out. Do not know if it is a piece of grape or fungus. For sure I will no longer purchase.

I poured my son a snack of gerber puffs today and this little piece of what looked to be green glass or plastic fell out of the container. I couldn't believe my eyes. What if my son had been snacking out of the container on his own and ate the item. I immediately called the company. The lady I spoke to was friendly. She said someone would contact me on Monday to schedule a time when someone can pick it up to analyze the object. She also told me she would send me an email so I could email them a picture of the item. I haven't received that email yet. I really hope they take this seriously because I am extremely upset.

I usually buy Pear Juice made by other manufacturers. I decided to give Gerber a try. I was a little wary of the color when I picked up the 32oz bottle at Walmart because the color looked more like apple juice than any pear juice that I have purchased in the past, but because the label said Pear Juice I thought it must be. I tried the Gerber Pear Juice today and could not tell the difference in taste between the apple juice I had and the "pear juice" I just purchased. I love pear juice and going forward will stay away from Gerber brand pear juice because it looks and tastes just like apple juice. How disappointing!!! I did contact Gerber today and they are sending a prepaid envelope for me to return the "pear juice" back. I get heartburn from apple juice and therefore must stay away from it because the heartburn can in turn cause me to have esophageal spasms. I am experiencing heartburn as I write this complaint. I just hope it doesn't cause esophageal spasms for me!!!

I’m Ashlei ** and I don’t want this complaint confidential. My daughter has been sick for almost a week because she has ate squash, carrots, and sweet potatoes that had tiny fragments of mold. The best used by date is: September 25, 2015. I returned all the 30 containers to Meijer in North Muskegon Michigan and the Night GM told me she isn’t sure how far my complaint will go because I was the first. My daughter is now sick and I have to call off work because of this. How've after my picture went viral on Facebook there have been MANY complaints of the same issue. I am highly disgusted and my daughter could be seriously hurt because of this monstrosity. Do you know how much bacteria is in mold?! Let alone if ate by a baby whose body can't handle bacterial infections.

I very rarely buy Gerber products. I don't use the baby food, formula or juice. I figured I'd try the Gerber Graduate products though (when my son started on solids). I purchased these products all at different times; I got the yogurt melts, the puffs (that are shaped kind of like stars), and I got the wagon wheels. In short, my son choked on all of them. The yogurt melt got stuck to the back of his tongue and he started throwing up from choking. I had to reach my finger in his mouth to get it off. Then I tried the puffs about 3 weeks to a month later and the same thing happened. So I figured I'd stop giving him the small pieces and I got the wagon wheels. The wagon wheels were okay at first until he started choking on those too. He would suck on the wagon wheel until it got soggy (it's too big to just put in his mouth and chew it) then chew the small piece but started choking on those somehow too. I give him small pieces of cereal in his snack cup that he never has a problem with but he's choked on every one of those Gerber Graduates snacks I've tried. My son is 9 months old by the way. He was about 7 months when I first tried the snacks, starting with the yogurt melts.

I normally don't have problems with Gerber foods but this time really took the cake! I was feeding my son Gerber's Mixed Vegetable and Chicken Dinner when I noticed something moving in the food. Upon closer inspection I realized that it was two maggots. I dumped the food from the spoon (that I was about to put in my son's mouth) on to a paper towel and watched in horror as the maggot crawled around. I will never use Gerber again!!

I have always used Gerber and will probably continue to, but I started my baby on Gerber bananas Last Monday. It is the only change we've made. She began having bloody stools Thurs. We would find out today she has salmonella. While it's better because I discontinued the food I wanted to make you all aware. I am very upset my child had bloody diarrhea for four days and lost almost a pd. My first child had no problem with any Gerber products but this is very upsetting.

I bought Gerber Graduates Grape Fruit Splashers. Halfway through my toddler daughter drinking the juice, the unidentified object in the picture below came out of the juice. After calling Gerber and them testing it, I called today to get results and was told it was a PAPER TOWEL! First I don't believe it was a paper towel (I am getting independent testing done to find out) but if so how did a paper towel get in my daughter's juice?!

I have already submitted a complaint over the phone with all my details but I'd like to make sure my voice is heard. I purchased a 3-week supply of baby food last Friday October 3rd 2014 from Walmart in Derby KS. I have never had a problem with Gerber before. I've been giving my daughter born on 1-27-14 rice oatmeal and food since she turned 4 months. Not a single problem until today. I've always read to mix baby food with into a different container and stir it. No matter where I am I always do.

Today was no different. While pouring the yummy mango stage 2 into a clear Tupperware dish I noticed dark pieces. Then after further inspection I noticed they were moving. The package was not previously opened or left out. Not reused from another meal, nothing of the sort. Please understand I'm not saying you don't have a great product. I'm sure your sales reflect that you make great food. But as for me and my family, we will no longer purchase Gerber products. Period. Walmart would not let me return the other 2 and half weeks of baby food I had because I didn't have my receipt. That's my fault. If you are a parent, you can maybe empathize with my feeling of seeing moving maggots in the food you trust to feed your child. Thank you for caring for what I have to say.

I purchased cheese ravioli In tomato Sauce. The mentioned name on the box is same but inside cheese ravioli with Beef. As per our religious we are not suppose to eat beef and even I mentioned the same in the day care. When I go to day care to pick my kid, they informed that the cheese ravioli is with beef and I checked myself it is with beef. They ruined my religious principles. Please check before releasing the product.

I was feeding my son a few of the Gerber arrowroot cookies when I noticed on the back of the next one I was going to give him and it was horrifying- this nasty greyish, blackish streak of something is baked inside the cookie. It covers to whole back part, it's GROSS, GROSS. This is unacceptable for this to be in a baby food product. Surely, someone else has went through this same thing. I called Gerber and they offered to send me coupons for more of the SAME nasty baby cookies. What an insult to my family. WE DEMAND ANSWERS! Not coupons. Also they are sending me some containers to send the cookies back to them so their lab can check them out. Question is, can I trust them to be honest with me? I looked in the other bags of cookies I purchased and each of the other bags have at least two infected cookies! Really! Gerber! These are our babies' lives here not a number! My family won't stop til we get answers. Thanks.

I purchased Gerber Green Peas (first food) for my grandson (8.5 months old) to use as a convenience food when traveling. Typically his mom makes him fresh baby foods at home. He has consumed the Gerber Green Peas twice and both times became violently ill (vomit, lethargy, etc). I just want to bring this to your attention and hopefully someone will investigate the possible cause. He has not become ill in any way from eating any other foods.

When opening my grandson's bottle of bug juice, I saw a real bug in the 10 oz bottle, when I tried to contact Gerber to ask what to do, I never got a response. WHAT DO I DO?

My 15-month-old toddler loves Gerber Juice. I bought Gerber Apple Juice 2 weeks ago and the expiration date is July 13, 2014. I kept giving my son apple juice and when it was almost done with the big bottle I didn't notice that there is a big mold inside of the bottle. I thought it was a bag of tea. My heart was pounding when I saw that big mold. I will NEVER buy GERBER anymore. I kept the bottle in case something happened to my son.

I have had three times now the Gerber Banana #1. Two different times, it smells rotten and tastes horrible. I opened a Gerber Banana #2 and now that had rotten smell, tasted bad and had dry crust on the top of the jar. I am not going to buy Gerber Banana anymore. This has happened over several months now.

About 25% through a jar of baby carrots, I noticed it was contaminated with a brown and yellow substance. I stopped feeding my baby, took some pictures, and noticed more pieces in the rest of the jar. I called the company and they offered to send me a box to send it in to them and then they will inspect it. Oh, they said they would send me "Coupons for my trouble." Well, I don't really want to buy anything Gerber right now, especially after reading these reviews.

Gerber Company Profile