1.85/5

191 Fisher Price Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Dec. 5, 2010

We have had the Go Baby, Go! Musical Jungle out for our daughter, who is currently 13 months old, for a few months now with no problems until last night. The toy is a sturdy semi circle. From left to right it has an elephant with holes in both ears and one in it’s trunk for balls to pass through, a monkey with a round slide in the middle that plays music when you move the monkey's arms, and a hippo on the right to store the balls this item comes with. As usual, my daughter was in her room playing last night when she started crying.

When I went to check on her, I noticed she put her left arm through the right ear of the elephant with her hand visible through the hole in the trunk. I attempted to pull her arm back out once before calling to my fiancé who is a police officer for his help. He wanted to attempt to take the toy apart but he was unable to because it would involve turning the entire thing over and that could have cause serious injury to our daughter. Instead, we had to very slowly pull and turn at our daughter and her arm to get her unstuck. Luckily, there was no serious injury but there is no warning on the packaging about potential hazards of small holes and small body parts.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2010

I purchased an Open Top Take Along Swing by Fisher Price for my 2 month old daughter. Now at 4 months, when taking her out of the swing, the plastic leaf with pointed ends holding the toys slung back and hit my daughter in her eye.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2010

I have talked to Fisher Price directly to find your product, the pull along lacing shoe.They told me that Wal-Mat, Kmart, Big Lots we all to be carrying this. I have been to and talked to all of these, and no one has heard of this product. I called the Wal-Mart in Bradford, PA. They to donot carry it. I went online to Toyrus, they don't either. Where do I find this toy? I have always bought Fisher Price toys for my children and grandchildren, but have never ran into this before.

Please help me! Thank you.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2010

I have twins and I by several Fisher-Price items and there are two that I quit, unhappy with. I'll start with the most problematic purchase. I purchased the Fisher-Price Rainforest bouncer. It is the vibrating chair with the monkey and parrot hanging over that they kick or hit it also has a waterfall and a frog and monkey that move up and down. I put my daughter in it today and as I was putting her in it her foot got stuck in the loop where the parrot perches and it took me what seemed like an eternity to get it out.

If I had not seen that her foot had become stuck in it the bouncer would have broken her ankle. This is dangerous for infants and needs to be corrected. I looked over the entire bouncer and there were no warnings about any danger of over body Mobile type device. There are warnings for the following: Fall hazard on elevated surfaces, Suffocation on soft surface, use restraint system, do not leave unattended, do not use as a car seat, do not use for child able to sit up, never use bar as a handle, never use as carrier or lift while child is seated.

This is a big concern for me and I paid a lot of money for the bouncer. I am afraid to use it and I would like to speak to someone about refunding my money or replace it with a bouncer that is similar to it. Most items I have bought for all four of my children are Fisher-Price. I feel that the quality of Fisher-Price items were very good up until now.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2010

I purchased a new motorhome in 2007 built by Tiffin Motorhomes in Red Bay, AL. The dishwasher was furnished but has not worked very well since it was purchased. The door has to be pushed against to lock and begin the wash cycle. When I complained, the factory sent a technician and all he did was look at the machine. He determined that since it was installed in a motorhome, the vibrations probably caused the problem and there was nothing he could do about it. As time goes on, and when I try to use the machine, I think that something could be done. The consequences is that I purchased the unit in good faith but have gotten no service.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Fisher Price?

Original review: Oct. 15, 2010

I purchased a Fisher Price Little People Happy Sounds Home for a two year old. On the front of the box it says "5 fun sounds and a tune!" Also on the front of the box is a picture of a little girl playing with this toy and above the toy are three musical notes, indicating that the music is coming from the toy. I knew her favorite feature of this toy would be the music.

I gave her the toy the other day and we found the five fun sounds, just as described. However, there is no tune, no music. I was very disappointed yet I could not take it back from her.

I contacted Fisher Price and the woman in customer service told me this must have been "put on the box before it was totally manufactured!" She was also surprised about this and offered me a $5 voucher.

This is absolutely ridiculous. This is definitely false advertising. I would think they know that we adults do not try out the toy first to make sure it is as described on the box before giving it to a child. I'm sure they also know that after the child opens it that it is too late to take it back.

There are many toys on the market today for a consumer to chose from and I do not think it right that a reputable company like Fisher Price be able to draw customers through deceit. Thank you for allowing me to explain!

Original review: Oct. 11, 2010

I bought Fisher Price Day and Night diapers in Wal-Mart and when I started to use it my baby had very bad rash like burning. I don’t know what to do I think Wal-Mart cannot return my money back.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2010

I bought my daughter a Fisher Price Barbie Power wheels ride on for her birthday May,2010. After applying all of the stickers, and charging the battery, my daughter was ready to ride, but the steering wheel keeps coming out every time she tries to turn. I spent $140 for this car that has never worked properly. K-Mart said that they could not take the car back, because the stickers had already been applied to the car, so I would need to send it to its manufacturer. I will never buy another Fisher Price item for my daughter if this matter is not corrected, before she is too big for the car. I don't allow her to ride on the toy because it is not safe without a steering wheel.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2010

I am a single mom of 3, and had my last baby 10 weeks ago . I went to Argos and brought a fisher price bouncer chair for my daughter, which took me 5 weeks to save up for . When I got home, I put it together. She has been using it for a week now, and it all keeps coming loose, and today, it collapsed with her in it . I want the product collected and a full refund . I feel I can not trust putting my daughter in any chair again, but being a single mom and having 3 kids to look after, I need a chair to use to put her in from time to time, and know she is safe.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2010

I just purchased the Fisher Price Laugh and Learn Vacuum for my daughter. On the Fisher Price website, it shows 2 pictures: one of a boy holding the vacuum and another one of the vacuum standing upright. After taking it out of the box and putting it together, I found out that it does not stand up on its own. The picture they have on their website is false advertising. I wouldn't have purchased this product had I known it didn't stand up on its own. It always falls to the floor and is very hard to store. I am very disappointed.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2010

I purchased Fisher Price - Precious Planet Toss N' Play Friends Bath Toy. My baby has no teeth, just gums. She has played with the hippo a handful of times and I just noticed the white paint off of it. She must have gummed it and it came off. I am so afraid that she has ingested something toxic now. I would like confirmation that there is no possible way for there to be toxic chemicals on the toy, like lead. Everything coming from China today makes me worry. I would also like to mail it back to you for testing and also get a voucher for another toy.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2010

I just recently bought a Fisher Price outside plastic picnic table with the matching umbrella and when I opened the box, the umbrella was all torn up. It has little tears in 4 different places. I can tell that it wasn't a return to the store as it was still in the original plastic sealed. I would like a new one since I did in fact pay for it.

Original review: July 28, 2010

I have the fisher price aquarium bouncer and my 4 month old daughter's foot has gotten stuck twice in the wind mill thing on the bottom of the seahorse. This is a major pinch point and I had to tape it so she doesn't get hurt anymore. I too at one point had the wind mill thing off but the edges were too sharp so I had to reattach it. I'm just very disappointed!

Original review: June 24, 2010

I bought a Happy Sounds Home for my daughter's first birthday. On the box, it states that there are 5 sounds and a tune. We paid $39.99 for this product. We were quite disappointed when there were only four sounds and no tune. I called Fisher Price and they said they would document this. False advertising?!

Original review: June 12, 2010

I got the power wheel Kawasaki red brute force for my son for his 3rd birthday he is now 5 years old. He got to ride it one time they said it striped the gears in it. I took it to a repair shop in Bloomington, Indiana. They called and said they fixed it but they didn’t because when I got it home it was still doing the same thing so I took it back and called power wheels. They told me they would be in touch with me but they never did. I called today 6-11-2010 and they told me it was still not ready. I just want my money back. He is too big for it now and I am so mad about the problem. I am tired of dealing with it.

Original review: June 1, 2010

I got the little Superstar Jammin' Band for my seventh-month old son and I paid $50 for it. Come to find out there was some very sharp parts on this toy that should not be there. I don't have my receipt anymore so I can't take it back. All they can do is give me another one. Well, I don't want another one because my son got all scraped up. I will never buy another toy from Fisher Price again. I want my money back now. We can do this easy and I can just get my money or I can get a attorney. Thank you. Hope to hear from you soon.

Original review: May 17, 2010

Placed grandchild in swing. Soon after notice baby's head leaning side ways with head caught between bar on swing and back leg of swing. Repositioned. security seat belt. Placed towel to baby's shoulder. The next thing I knew her head was between bar and leg of swing again. This is a very dangerous type swing that can allow a baby's head to be injured so easily. Minor injury to head but only because I was close by at all times. What if I had taken my eyes off the baby. There could have been a serious injury.

Original review: April 24, 2010

I bought the rainforest melodies and lights playmate for my new baby. It is my second child and the one I had been kind of beat up. This one had good reviews and was from Fisher Price so I bought it. My daughter is currently 4 1/2 months old. She is large for her age but, I discovered today that one of the toys dangling from this mat is not very safe.

The piece I speak of has a parrot on it with a light blue piece that hands and can spin. My daughter moved herself to an angle that place one of the thin spin pieces in her mouth. As it dangled, she was unable to move it away from her mouth and she nearly choked. I was in the room talking to my other son, when I realized what was happening. Within one minute, she was beat red, eyes tearing and unable to catch her breath as I picked her up from under the hazardous piece. I truly feel this is reason to recall this item. Try it, this piece dangling at a height that would allow it to jam into an infant’s mouth. It was very scary and this is not safe at all.

Original review: April 8, 2010

I bought the Kid-Tough digital camera from Fisher Price for my daughter for Christmas in 2008. I understand that that was a year and a half ago, but the advertisement says it's "built to survive drop after drop after drop". Three months after I bought it, the batteries died so I replaced them and then it wouldn't turn on. And now, we've let it "sleep" for a year and replaced the batteries again and it still won't work! It turns on long enough to make the noise and then it goes blank. This is crap! Kid-Tough my **!

Original review: March 12, 2010

I got a Fisher-Price car seat (Part# 4425688, Model# 79700).The clip that the steel prongs go into cracked and I no longer feel that it is safe. Can this be fixed or do I need to replace the whole seat? I use it for my grandson who just turned two. Thank you for any input on this situation.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2010

I emailed them back in early January about getting a part to fix the side of the crib that does not lock. To date they have not sent the part. I have lost the contact information and need it to contact them again. This is much too long to get a small part.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2010

I have a 6 month old son. He has a rainforest "gym"; that's what we call it. Anyhow, my husband was in the living room with him while I was making dinner when I hear my husband yell. Startled, I ran into the living room to find my husband tapping on my son's back so he would stop choking on his vomit! His entire little face was covered! He had gagged himself with the little bird that attaches to the arch, the part that attaches is a 2-3 inch strap with a little piece of soft velcro on it. He was never left alone in the room and we were extremely upset! My son is fine of course. It never seemed to faze him. We do not expect anything to come of this. We just wanted to inform your company of our startling experience.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2010

My daughter received Dora's Explorer Girls/Dora Links as a Christmas present. It was purchased at Toys R Us. No where on the package does it inform the purchaser that it involves a 5-7 hour download and if you have McAfee you will need to call them personally to lower your security in order to input the necessary data. The doll comes with a CD rom and a phone number. All it says with the inserted material is that you will need Windows XP or Vista and a few other requirements.

After trying to download this for 6 hours I finally called Mattel. I was informed that there was a situation when printing that did not allow them to print some missing information like I stated above on the insert. This is a $50 toy. I cannot find my receipt. I asked it they could send me a voucher of some kind to reimburse me for this product so that I may give my daughter another gift in its place. They said they are not able to do so, even though they are having problems with the product and the site. This was an expensive toy. $50 plus tax. It is advertised heavily on TV and Nick Jr. websites, which my daughter plays on regularly. Santa was to bring this present to my daughter, and by returning it with a receipt they have totally ruined my 5-year old and 8-year olds’ belief in him. I feel Mattel knowingly put out and heavily advertised a product that they knew had problems.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2009

I purchased an infant toy called spinning around musical zoo. When we opened the box, we were surprised that there were already 3-C batteries in it. I tried to play the toy and it did not work. I took the batteries out and noticed that the batteries were corroded. The store would not take it back because it was a manufacturer's problem, and they refused to contact me and give me a refund.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2009

I bought a Fisher Price Doll house two months ago and found out that it is contaminated with all kinds of chemicals. (See link) What are my options? This was supposed to be a christmas present for my 3 year old daughter. I thought about selling it on ebay but my conscience does not allow that. I don't want my daughter to get cancer nor someone else's.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2009

Not really thinking because I expected this item to work I threw away the box and receipt and of course I am unable to return it.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2009

My grandaughter, 5, was given the F-P Little Mommy all-in-one nursery center today, 11/7/09 by her great- grandmother. To my great dismay, the product is very difficult to put together, with very incomplete instructions, and with flimsy design and materials. I am shocked, as one who had collected F-P toys 20 years ago to find the quality of this set so poor. My grandaughter uses the F-P table and chairs that were bought for her mother 20 years ago. This is not going to be one of those toys that one will want to hold on to. I am thoroughly disapponted in F-P and the quality of this product.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2009

I bought the fisher price bouncer green meadow. The metal legs stick out so bad that not only did I trip , all individuals on seperate occasions fell and tripped. I am surprised that there has not been a recall on this item. This is an accident waiting to be happened.

I must say it is not one incident of tripping but multiple people tripped. My MOnther inlaw actually got her little tow brussed baddly as it got caught between the metal rod.
Original review: Aug. 18, 2009

I returned all 4 side panels for my F-P recalled play yard to Fisher Price many months ago. In April, they called me to inform me that they had received only 3 of the 4 panels. They asked for the #4 panel, which is obviously gone! I disagreed with them when they only offered me $75 (very similar to another complaint here by Jen of Concord, CA).

When I called F-P today (8/18/09), they said that they had not mailed my refund as they were waiting for my OK! I still disagreed with their partial refund as even if I had only sent in 3 of the 4 panels, I had destroyed the play yard. They blamed the US government and said that they will send my check for $75 within 2 weeks now. I am unable to replace the play yard for the refund that they are sending me. It certainly does not seem fair to me. It also appears to me that they have sent "partial" refunds to others, too. It certainly surprised me that Fisher Price would act like this.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2009

I recently purchased a Fisher Price Rainforest Peek-a-boo Waterfall Soother. My baby really likes this item. Unfortunately, I have found the batteries do not last longer than a week. After talking with others who have purchased this item, I realized the soother I purchased is defective.

Fisher Price Company Information