1.86/5
Based on 58 reviews that contain star ratings

190 Fisher Price Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Oct. 15, 2014

I called to complain about the fact that my 23wk old baby fell out of a fisher price swing chair whilst fully strapped in. The straps were fastened but as he rolled whilst sitting in chair, the straps came away from the chair! I was told 'sorry I've had trouble with this item today, that I should send it off for investigation and they will send me a voucher'. I was told I am not able to have any contact with the department that it gets sent to. It was also pointed out to me that the item hasn't been produced for around 2-3 yrs.

I was completely shocked at the lack of empathy from the lady on phone. It was as if she was reading from a script. My baby was very lucky, he could have broken bones or worse. All pushchairs and booster seats/high chairs have the same straps and clips but are usually bolted to the chair. The ones on this swing chair were not. I wonder if this is why they no longer make the item, although lady on phone tells me they've not heard of this before. The weight restriction is 20lbs and my son is 18lb and most babies of 23wks can roll.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2014

My baby got a bouncer (the garden bouncer to be specific) from my baby shower. I notice today when I picked him up I saw some bruised at the back of his foot. He was crying and I didn't know why, with further examination I saw that the bouncy had blood on it and realized that it was bruising my baby every time he kicks his little legs. I feel so bad, got my poor child.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2014

I received many, many FP products for my baby shower, was pleased with most. However the rock 'n play sleeper I received was not manufactured correctly, and the motor in the cradle 'n swing was not working. So I called FP and they were incredibly helpful. They had UPS come right to my door to pick up the items I wanted to return (I didn't have to print a label or pay for postage). I was sent a replacement for one of the items and a refund check for another, as well as a voucher for FP merchandise. I called twice and both times, the representatives were extremely kind and helpful. I read lots of poor reviews on FP so I was nervous but my experience was totally the opposite.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2014

I called because my daughter has the Little People's Princess castle. It came with Cinderella and Snow White and Snow White has always thought she was Belle. I thought it was just a Snow White defect. Well recently I bought my daughter the other princesses and several of them don't work. Fisher Price thinks it must be a defect in the castle. They said I have to find my own box to mail it back and pay for it before they will send me a new one within 1-2 weeks. After complaining, they then said the would send me a prepaid label which they said they couldn't offer me before. The CS representative was really nice, but they should be going out of their way to help me resolve their mistake, not the other way around. They said it's the same as returning it to the store, but it's not because I bought the princess castle over a year ago and thought just the snow white was just defective, not the entire castle. But now that half of our princesses are defective and my daughter is getting confused, it is a big deal.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2014

We loved this swing. I realize that each baby has preferences on where they will sleep best but this was the perfect fit for our son. He slept in it from the day we brought him home from the hospital until we transitioned him into his crib. I liked the versatility of it because it could swing in different directions and speeds and the music was calming. He loved the mobile and the mirror and was instantly calm anytime we put him in there. Even now at 10 months while he doesn't sleep in it we put him in there while we get ready for work and he relaxes in there. He listens to the music and watches the mobile. Another reviewer said that the motor went out in theirs several times. I will mention that our son is very petite so perhaps that has something to do with it. I would definitely buy this again.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Fisher Price?

Original review: Oct. 15, 2013

Okay first my son was colicky when he was born so the swing calmed him down. If you've had a colicky kid you know what I mean. Well needless to say the motor went out. The swing was only used in the evening to calm my child. This happened August 1st 2013. I called Fisher Price and was very happy with the customer support. Within ten to fifteen minutes a new motor was on its way!! About a week or two later the motor was here. I installed it and guess what... It didn't work either. Long story short it was the cord to plug it into the wall. Now here we are in October 2013 and my son's swing doesn't work again... I'm currently waiting for 9 o'clock to get here so I can call customer support. Except this time I don't want the parts. I want my money back. You would think for almost $200 for a swing it would last at least a year.

Original review: July 29, 2013

Since I was pregnant I always thought that the Fisher Price Cradle 'N Swing were so cute and wanted to get one for my child. Well my sister bought this swing for her child. When I went to visit I put my child in the swing sitting next to her. The cradle part tipped all the way to the side. My daughter could have fallen out and hit her head on the bar that supports the swing if I was not sitting next to her to grab her. I believe that the Fisher Price swing is very unsafe and my baby could have gotten hurt. I am very unsatisfied with their swing nor will I ever recommend a Fisher Price swing to anyone.

Original review: May 21, 2013

We received this Luv U Zoo SpaceSaver Swing & Seat as a gift for our new baby. My baby is one month old and the motor on the swing has already stopped working. I really would have expected more for a $75 Fisher Price product. This is very disappointing as my wife and I cannot afford to buy another swing as we actually live on an earned income and not on the taxpayer's dime. I would really appreciate Fisher Price taking some accountability for this product, and either replacing it or refunding us the price of the product so that we can buy another. Even if it is Fisher Price credit because we really need a swing for our fussy baby. After reading the reviews on this swing, I would opt for the refund as this seems to be a common issue with this product. Thank you in advance for taking care of this defective product and not leaving the consumer hanging without any resolve.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2013

I received a Snugabunny swing last year for a shower gift. I just started using it for the last 3 months, and the motor acts like it's struggling to move. And after all this talk about mold on the rock and play, I checked the seat padding and there are tons of black mold dots all over it, which explains why my son has stuffy nose and a cough. I’m very upset. I really think Fisher-Price is a great brand, but something needs to be done. I loved my swing until all this.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2012

Fisher Price music activity walker - I bought this for my son a couple of months ago. At first he could only sit and play with the music and other stuff on the front just fine. Now he's beginning to cruise around and start pushing the walker to walk. By doing this, my son has to stand from the back (where it has no buttons). He started pushing the walker to walk around since 8.5 months. I started noticing many scratches as big as a marker tip on his hands and feet each day. When that happened, he would cry a little and crawled over to me and stopped playing. At first I thought he scratched himself with his nails so I constantly trim his nails. But I was always concerned how nail scratching marks could be so round.

Until yesterday, I just cut his nails earlier in the morning and he later was playing with the walker. The walker flipped over and he suddenly started crying loudly. He doesn't often cry. Then I found a fresh 1/2" cut on his finger bleeding. This toy is so sharp that it cut my son's skin. So all along it was the toy that hurt my son over the past months. I'm extremely unhappy.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2012

I purchased this toy made by Me Spin and Spiral Doodler for my 4-year old granddaughter. What a mess. I do not understand why washable markers were not a part of this toy. To my surprise, the marker that comes with the toy is permanent and does not wash out. To say the least, my granddaughter's outfit was covered in marker. Also, the markers leave big splotches all over the paper. This was a disaster and pretty much made a mess of her birthday. I'm very angry that Fisher Price would not think of this before creating a toy made for 3t children.

Original review: May 28, 2012

We just got a replacement motor for this Fisher Price Snug-a-Bunny Cradle Swing about 2 or 3 months ago and it already went out again. My grandbaby is only 8 months old and only weighs around 18 pounds so I know she is not too heavy for it. I really love the swing but don't understand why the motor keeps doing this. I have another grandbaby on the way and really wanted to buy her a swing like this but with already having so much trouble with this one, I just don't know. Is there anything you could do for us?

Original review: May 17, 2012

My 1-year-old boy was playing with the Shape Cookie jar toy. He was able to put his hand through the holds and it became really stuck. He was screaming in pain. I couldn't get his hand out. I had to get my husband to try pull his hand out which was all swollen and sore. I'm really upset with this toy. It really needs to be much bigger; the holds should allow babies' hands to come out easily. The toy cost a lot of money too. But I'm too nervous to let my son play with it now.

Original review: March 5, 2012

Digital Arts & Craft Studio: My Digital Arts & Craft console is not being recognized by my PC. Please advise.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2012

Fisher Price Laugh and Learn Music Station - I bought this toy for my grand-daughter for her first birthday. Periodically, it would continually repeat itself when you turned it from the music to the learning button. Then the animals on top stopped working... like it had a short in it. I'm really angry that I spent $50 on this toy for nothing! I don't think I should have to buy extra coverage in case a toy doesn't work! How about making toys to last? I want my money back! I think it's crap that I'm out $50 and my granddaughter is out a toy she loved!

Original review: Feb. 5, 2012

I wish to inform you that our digital arts and crafts studio doesn't work. After a couple of attempts to install, it says contact consumer complaints. Can you please advise the next step?

Original review: Jan. 24, 2012

I'd like to complain that I can't find an address to congratulate you on an amazing Fisher Price printer's kit I bought in Libya circa 1978. In its original box, I opened it for my grandchildren and found it as good as new with printers ink still in the bottle. Congratulations, I'd like to tell the world!

Original review: Jan. 6, 2012

My daughter received a rattling baby doll for her birthday and I have to ask, "Were they thinking when they created this doll?” Why would you place a rattle inside the head of a baby doll? She shakes the baby, literally! I am uncomfortable letting her play with it.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2012

My little 15-month daughter got a Dora Mermaid doll and it didn't work at all. The head was too big and it sunk. The flipper didn't move at all unless I brought it out of the water fully! It simply is not the product that your company portrays and I would like a full refund on this product due to the fact that it does not do what your company claims this product will provide for our children. This was a gift given to my daughter over the weekend. I will not hesitate to proceed with consequences if this minor issue is not resolved.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2011

I have The Digital Arts and Crafts Studio and it says my console was not found. So I tried to hook it up a second time and it told me to contact consumer affairs. I am just wondering what I needed to do to fix the problem. Thank You.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2011

I have bought my daughter a Little Mommy Doll for the last three Christmas and the high end kind, the one that walks and the baby that takes her finger and asks as if shes moving them on her lips to make the brrrr sound. But this year, I am highly upset because the Little Mommy My Very Real Baby does not come in ** skin tone and that is not fair to my daughter. I think it is wrong to leave ** out of this very special doll. My daughter just won't get one because it's not in her image and I want her to have a positive image of herself. She can't change who she is.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2011

We received a fisher price baby swing as a gift in August 2011 it quit swinging in October 2011.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2011

I bought an iXL with two games. It's for Christmas and I decided to go ahead and play with it and the screen doesn't work. I would love to get my child another one since this is really the only thing he asked for.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2011

What is Disney and Fisher Price doing to the prices; they are asking for a toy are you kidding me $350.00 and I have seen it even go to $369.00. It's a rocket that makes sounds with four little plastic characters. I went on eBay and there are people trying to get $100.00 or more for used, are you kidding me.

Parents stop buying these toys at such a rip-off price and they will go down, but if you keep buying them at those ridiculous prices, they will never stop! It cost them penny to make. My grandson will grow out of this Einstein before I put my hard-working money for couple pieces of plastic. An X-box is not even that expensive. I would be embarrassed to tell people that I put out that kind of money for a Rocket and four little plastic characters.

Disney and Fisher Price, shame on you!

Original review: Oct. 14, 2011

I purchased a Fisher-Price Luv U Zoo Cradle 'n Swing priced at $119 from Walmart. My son is only three months old, and the motor is tying up and making all sorts of loud noises which makes it hard for him to get a good nap in it. A swing that expensive should last a lot longer than that. I would not recommend this swing to anybody.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2011

My son has the Rainforest Jumperoo, and he has jumped that thing to death without incident. After reading many of the complaints here, one of the problems may be with the assembly. If you put it together incorrectly, of course something is going to happen. Not a single one of the complaints listed has happened to my Jumperoo.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2011

My 14-month-old granddaughter has a Peek-a-Blocks IncrediBlock. The top part spins as she was playing with it and then she started screaming and crying hysterically. Immediately, I got off my couch to figure out what was wrong. Her finger was stuck in the side of the toy. While spinning, it's very flimsy and a child's finger can get stuck. I think you should look into this problem.

I would like it to be credited or exchanged for another toy. It's been six months or longer since we bought it and I do not have the receipt anymore. Your attention on this matter would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2011

I'm by all means not a perfect parent. But I must make a complaint about all of these misfortunes to these innocent children. It is in my opinion that 10-20 years ago, you'd never hear of such terrible things. It was because most toys were made much sturdier, and a lot less cheaply made. And there are no frivolous law suits. To some parents, they wait for these things to happen just so they can collect money. Parents put their children/child in danger by not paying attention to them. Thus, they are allowing these terrible things to happen in the first place! I am not at all implying that I am the perfect parent. But maybe you need to be paying more attention to your children! I go out to eat and I see children get hurt because careless parents allow their child to run around and stand on furniture in a crowded restaurant or store! Please keep your eye on your little ones. They look up to you.

Original review: May 15, 2011

I bought the Fisher Price Laugh & Learn Workbench for my eight month old and while playing with this, toy he got his finger jammed behind the purple music note on the front of it. Needless to say, he cried his eyes out and took me almost two minutes to get his finger out of there. No major injury but his finger was all purple with a big indentation that lasted a couple hours. I thought that a major toy company like Fisher Price would product test its products better than this!

Original review: Dec. 5, 2010

We have had the Go Baby, Go! Musical Jungle out for our daughter, who is currently 13 months old, for a few months now with no problems until last night. The toy is a sturdy semi circle. From left to right it has an elephant with holes in both ears and one in it’s trunk for balls to pass through, a monkey with a round slide in the middle that plays music when you move the monkey's arms, and a hippo on the right to store the balls this item comes with. As usual, my daughter was in her room playing last night when she started crying.

When I went to check on her, I noticed she put her left arm through the right ear of the elephant with her hand visible through the hole in the trunk. I attempted to pull her arm back out once before calling to my fiancé who is a police officer for his help. He wanted to attempt to take the toy apart but he was unable to because it would involve turning the entire thing over and that could have cause serious injury to our daughter. Instead, we had to very slowly pull and turn at our daughter and her arm to get her unstuck. Luckily, there was no serious injury but there is no warning on the packaging about potential hazards of small holes and small body parts.

Fisher Price Company Information