1.87/5
  • 1 star
Based on 54 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Oct. 9, 2017

186 Fisher Price Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Oct. 9, 2017

My experience was terrible, I was 8 1/2 months pregnant putting my Fisher Price dresser together and I had a broken drawer and this people wanted me to pay to have the part shipped to me. They were not helpful at all. Why should I pay for garbage they shipped me. They should have been helpful. I'm so disgusted I will never buy from them again nor will I let anybody close to me buy from them.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2017

I placed an order through Fisher-Price online. Disney Princess little people. They charged me twice. So I called to rectify the situation. They said yes they did charge me twice and it seems my address was entered incorrect so they canceled my order anyways. I asked if I could just get a refund of the amount they removed. A total of around $160. They said, "Certainly. We can do that." I hung up waited 24 hours. Still no refund. I called back and were told they forwarded my account to account securities and to call their number and it could be up to 7 days before I get refund.

Now I receive a call from my bank for fraud because they charged me twice and I had to call them back to unlock my account. What a hassle but thankful. I call account securities... leave a message... no return call. I email... no return email. I call the other customer service number back and say, "Okay if it's going to take 7 days to refund my money then can I just order products totalling the amount you have on hand of mine?" (I'll put some away for Xmas.) I am told no. I can't do that unless they can charge my credit card again!! So I can't get products and I can't get my $160 back in a timely fashion.

I call account securities again because it's day 4. Still nothing again. Leave another message. At this point I'm so upset with their customer service and lack of communication and the fact together billed me twice and I only took two minutes to remove the money but they won't return it yet makes me livid. If I don't see the money back in my account on day 7 or hear from them I'm going to have to report them as they took money from me and aren't giving me product for it and will not return or rectify their mistake. I will absolutely never shop online with them again.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: July 27, 2017

I do a great amount of my purchases online and very rarely run into problems. I decided to purchase my son a Fisher Price Imaginext toy he's been wanting for his birthday. I actually visited Toys r Us and Walmart first and was told the stores are not carrying this particular toy yet so went online to Fisher Price to direct order it. I decided to do 2 day shipping to be on the safe side with his birthday party about a week and a half out. I received a confirmation email immediately, but several days later I still had no tracking number.

I paid 24.95 for 2 day shipping. So I try and reach out through the email support and didn't hear back. I decided to try and call the customer service despite reading other reviews about long hold times and lo and behold I sat on hold for 20 minutes before I gave in and hung up. My little guy's birthday party is tomorrow and I'm now stuck last minute shopping for another gift. I have no idea when I will receive this order and I'm obviously out 24.95 for this ridiculous 2 day shipping. I will absolutely never order from Fisher Price online again. I hope they get more call representatives to answer phones and perhaps more warehouse specialists to get products shipped out in a timely manner.

Original review: May 11, 2017

Fisher Price has a good build and is a supportive company. I trust that my child will be safe with any of their products. My child loves them more than any other brand, and when I was a kid I used the brand without fail and loved it. The stroller was easy to install and didn't require any assistance. I could easily do it even without instructions. Most certainly the easiest setup of a child's item I've ever had, and I could gladly do it again. But I don't like that the refund policy is so weak. I doubt anything from them would break but if it did I'd be out of luck. I would appreciate an improvement in refunds but the reliability factor from the company does keep me from needing a refund.

Original review: May 7, 2017

I like the way the Fisher Price stroller rolls. It fit my baby perfect and the breaks hold tight. The cover comes out and makes a good shade for her on a good hot day. I also like the way it has four cup holder for her bottles and sippy cups. I really love the color.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Fisher Price?

Original review: May 5, 2017

The Fisher Price stroller was a one snap set up. Just twist handle pop and she done. It's easier than others I used, and I have used many, many strollers in many different brands. It also fold down with ease. I just hit one switch and she folds down. It handled great... went through rocks. It also switched positions easily from newborn in carrier towards me to toddler facing frontwards. This one had ample storage areas on bottom and on top and even sides. The seat belt was easy to use and secured child very well. But I would have liked for the wheels to be easier to move... maybe give it bigger wheels so they don't get stuck so easy. It gets harder to push on rocks and bigger wheels for rocky terrain would be great.

Original review: April 27, 2017

I have a Play school infant stroller from Mattel. It featured many safety features for the baby such as UV material to protect the baby from harmful effects from the sun. It's manufactured for baby safety and storage use by the use of patents and/or guardians. It was also easy to set up. You just pulled the ban bar on the stroller and it unfolded. It had an umbrella covering, padded sides and back, and a high front with seat belts that kept your infant strapped in comfortably. It provided storage in the back, sides, and bottom of the stroller. But when making this stroller I would've included places for bottles to go and a storage area on the sides that was easy to use. I would've also added a baby play bar that had toys to amuse the baby. The wheels were also a little bulky and would get stuck on cracks and carpet.

Original review: April 26, 2017

I loved everything about the Fisher Price stroller. I want one for my very own child. It folded and unfolded with ease and stored nicely as well. Never have I used a stroller that was this easy. I could even fold it up with the baby still inside. No longer will I spill knowledge about this amazing contraption. I like the cup holder, big wheels, and that it's a two-seater. It was also a very safe stroller.

Original review: March 17, 2017

This item malfunctioned within the first day of use. I would not recommend this product to any parents. To have a parent with a newborn put this product together and it not work is very unfortunate. The time to assembly this product and repackage this defective product to return to the sender was a total waste of quality family time. Google this product and read all the reviews from parents that have shared the same unfortunate experience. I will never purchase another Fisher Price product.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2017

Ordered 3 items on Christmas Day. I have purchased from their site before with no issues and I wasn't in a huge hurry for my items so I chose standard shipping (6-8 business days). I also have no intentions on paying $25 to ship anything. A week went by and never got a shipment confirmation but the charge was pending on my account. Called and the lady told me that it's still in the warehouse, and the charge is just pending, and will fall off my account, and be deducted once my order ships. She said to call back Monday if it still hasn't shipped. Well I called back on Tuesday after no shipping confirmation and they said it's still in the warehouse and to call back on Friday if I still haven't received it. I asked if she could cancel my order and she said no.

I called back on Thursday and the guy told me it shipped ON TUESDAY (probably right after I called), and gave me a tracking number. Great! Not!! I only received my 2 small items so I called again today (Saturday). They said my large item (rocker) still never shipped. And I'm still not charged for it. She said I have 2 options: 1) she can place the order again and I would have to wait another 6-8 days to possibly receive it, or 2) wait for them to figure out what they want to do with the order. I told her to cancel it and I ordered it from Babies"R"Us. (FP and Toys"R"Us/Babies"R"Us are the only places that sell the specific print I wanted.) Since it's Saturday I have to wait until Monday but I'm calling Corporate to make sure my order gets canceled. Hopefully they will be more accommodating. We shall see... Never purchasing from their site again!

Original review: Dec. 22, 2016

Have no idea if my order is on its way or not. Paid 26 bucks for 2 Day Rush Shipping and my credit card has yet to be charged meaning that it hasn't shipped. That was 2 days ago. Hope my kids aren't heartbroken on Christmas. I literally purchased EVERY Imaginext POWER RANGER piece. This has been the worst online shopping experience in my life and the transaction has not even been completed. Very very disappointed father and grandfather. I expected better from MATTEL/FISHER PRICE.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2016

FP failed to ship my items ordered at all. Still haven't received a refund. Customer Service is TERRIBLE! Waited on hold for more than 30 minutes only to be put on hold again. They refuse to cancel my order even though the item is clearly still in their warehouse. (According to Alex at FP, just because it says it's in their warehouse doesn't actually mean that it is in their warehouse.) Seriously??? Get your act together Fisher Price, your customer service is the worst I have EVER had.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2016

Placed an online order -- no confirmation page, no confirmation email and it didn't post to our credit card so figured since I had had problems with the website the ordered didn't go through. Ok no biggie. Well, after placing another order for the item, again no confirmation email, the original order showed up. Great, no way to cancel second order and FP wants $9.99 to return the item. Wrote to FP explaining the problem and asking for a free shipping label to return the item. It's been 6 days with no answer. Hmmm don't think I will ever be ordering from them again and am seriously considering no ordering their products from any site.

Original review: May 24, 2016

When it comes to toys for our kids, Fisher Price has always been a familiar name and it will always be a brand we will patronize. One of the gazillion toys (sad to say, haha, maybe someday, I'll find myself in an avalanche of toys) that my children have is a 4-year-old FISHER-PRICE 2-IN-1 MUSICAL TURTLE BABY GYM, and it is still good as new (which is not a surprise, of course, since it is Fisher Price). Argh! I sound like an ad, but, I'm just amazed at how long their product lasts. Kids can be so negligent and at times, they treat their toys as enemies, and this gym is a survivor. One thing I like about it is that it doesn't smell like plastic. The paint doesn't chip off. The materials are quite sturdy. Moreover, this gym is a good learning toy for starters. The music is not so bad, and the set up is easy. The only thing is that this brand costs an arm and a leg, but, like I always say, we get what we pay for.

Original review: March 24, 2016

My husband and I ordered our son a Rocking Giraffe made by Fisher Price. Our child only used it a handful of times and he is well below the weight limit. He climbed on it a few days back and the cheap blue handles broke while he was rocking and he fell off. He hit his head on the floor. It left an ugly red mark that went away by the next day but it left a small galge. This rocker should NOT have broke that soon. He is the only child we have so he is the only one who played with it. It was not mistreat or abused for it to break that soon. I will seriously reconsider about buying a product from Fisher Price. I saw No reviews about it when we bought it that indicated that it was an unsafe toy. Now searching reviews on Walmart.com, Target.com and Amazon.com. I am seeing a lot of other parents complaining about the handles snapping off while their child is rocking. This item should be recalled! It is a safely concern that Fisher Price should address.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2016

My mother and I have attempted to order the Fisher Price Lakeland Convertible Crib and Lakeland 6-Drawer Dresser THREE times now and we still have not received our orders! We ordered these products through Target.com (my baby registry), but it is not a Target issue. Everything completed by Target is correct, so when they send the orders to Fisher Price, Fisher Price messes the orders up and we never receive our products.

We have called customer service numerous times and each time the order is cancelled and redone. We have yet to receive these products. Last time, we were told it was a glitch in their system, but two random people received our products since they were shipped to the wrong people! At this rate, my baby will be here before his crib and dresser! I love this crib and dresser, but I am tempted to try and find another matching set for his nursery since this has been such a hassle!

Original review: Nov. 17, 2015

I ordered a power wheel through their online website. I was duped and lied to with a refusal to cancel my order. This item was never delivered. I placed an order through the Fisher Price store's online website on October 26, 2015 for a Power Wheel Harley Davidson for my son's 4th birthday. I was pretty excited as I had saved up almost 6 months for this. I paid almost $300 (order #**) and paid extra money for rush shipping to guarantee the Power Wheel would arrive in time for his birthday, Oct. 31. Their website says they ship items within 2 hours of payment, so I felt confident the item would arrive in time.

Fast forward to Oct. 28. I still hadn't received a shipment confirmation so I decided to give their customer service a call. I have hearing problems so this was hard for me but my email went unanswered so I decided this was my only option. I spoke to a representative by the name of Erin. She was baffled at why I still hadn't received a tracking number. She placed me on hold to speak to someone else. When she came back on the line she said my order was further along than the website showed. She assured me that my order would arrive by the end of the business day on Thursday. If by some slim chance it did not, call back and they would be glad to help expedite the order to me. To my dismay, the power wheel did not arrive by the end of business day.

I called Fisher Price again on the 29th in a total panic. The new representative once again placed me on hold to figure out where my order was. She advised me that the order had not even left the warehouse. It had not been shipped. I asked to cancel my order so I could buy my son something locally. She said she could not cancel the order and she would not give me a tracking number. She offered to refund the rush fee and told me I would just have to wait until I received the item in the mail. I asked why yesterday's rep told me something completely different and she had no answer for me. She just kept repeating the same mantra - no order cancellation, no refund, no tracking info, I cannot help you.

The power wheel was never delivered - the damage had been done. My money I had saved up was tied up, my son's birthday came. I didn't have any money to buy him a replacement gift, he got a cake and a few dollar store gifts. So instead of giving him this grand present that I worked so hard for, this is what I was able to give him. I felt like the worst Mom but there was nothing I could do, Fisher Price would not give me money back. November 1st, Fisher Price finally emailed me back with a generic auto response - 5 days after my original message. Still no tracking number and no refund. On November 6th, Fisher Price emailed me to say my order had been cancelled and my money was returned, after 12 days of being tied up.

This is the absolute worst lack of customer service I have ever received. I was lied to and cheated out of something that I worked so hard to get for my son. As a mom, you don't get a "do-over", moments and birthdays do not get replaced. To add insult to injury, They offered me free shipping on their website for a $25 order to which I declined. This is already a standard promo for this time of year, this is not a resolution, this only shows their lack of values and service.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2015

I love Fisher Price/Mattel. Twice I have had to contact them and their customer service has been phenomenal. My newborn calming vibrations bathtub had a plastic piece that got chewed up by my dog! They sent me a replacement for free. My rock n play I had some safety concerns about the snug-a-puppy pillow covering my daughter's mouth, they sent me a new insert from a pillow-less model. Also free, and included a voucher for $20 because it was a cheaper model than I had originally purchased. I love the soothe and glow giraffe and rainforest jumperoo - no problems with them at all and I'm overall a very happy parent! I'm actually surprised by reading some of the negative reviews. My guess it that "you catch more flies with honey." I was always nice when I called and they were nice and helpful in return.

Original review: May 20, 2015

I bought this swing (Fisher Price cradle swing) for my granddaughter. The swing itself and the music works but the mobile has never worked and it didn't even come with a back battery cover. Would not recommend these swings to anyone because of the motor issues!

Original review: April 29, 2015

Purchased a Fisher price vibrating bouncy seat. My 6 month old loves the seat and sits in it all the time, untill last week. I noticed a large blood red indention on the back of her heel. Now a week later, the redness has not subsided and there is a knot on the side of her foot next to the mark. Going for X rays. Fisher price better hope it's not broken. No safety warning about this type of injury or recall. #onemadmomma

Original review: March 27, 2015

We ordered a Arctic Cat Power Wheels car for my daughter's birthday. When we opened it, we found it was missing at least 6 different pieces. So my daughter did not get her birthday present. We contacted them, shipped the old car back (huge pain) before they sent a new car. Got it today and the exact same things are missing. No tools, no shovel, no battery charger. Absolutely ridiculous when you are spending hundreds of dollars. Right now we are waiting on a response about the second car. Just sad that they broke a little girl's heart twice!!! How about a little quality control. How hard is it to check a box before it ships!!!

Original review: March 9, 2015

Laugh & Learn Puppys Smart Stages Train- we received this as a gift for my daughters first birthday 3 weeks ago and she has since pinched her fingers in the front wheels a handful of times when pushing it. Not only do her fingers get pinched but they get stuck between the red base of the train and the inside of the front wheel. She screams in pain and I'm so mad and disappointed that a toy recommended for even younger than her age group is so unsafe. (Recommended for 6-36 mo.) I would really like to see this item pulled from the shelves.

Original review: March 7, 2015

Received the Shake and Crawl Remote Car as a gift for my son. The gears stopped working after two uses. Does not work anymore. Poor quality.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2015

I have called the company and made a complaint about the first Fisher Price Deluxe Lights and Sounds Jumperoo. It collapsed on my baby while he was jumping in it! I was livid that the product would just give like that. It was in the locked position and there was no reason for it to collapse. I called Fisher Price to find out if there had been any recalls or if there was a kit to fix the problem. They said they did not have any recalls on that Jumperoo at the time and there was no kit to fix it. The one I had must be defective. They told me to throw it away. I asked for a refund or replacement and they told me they would not do that. Needless to say, I was pretty ticked off!

I purchased another one that was almost the same, because it was the jumper my baby liked best. Guess what?! It just collapsed the exact same way as the one I had a year ago, with him in it! I have done some research and found many similar complaints online. I just called Fisher Price again and they said this is the first they are hearing of this (not true, as there are site after site of parents complaining about this very jumper and how poorly Fisher Price has handled the situation). I asked them for a refund or replacement with a different style and again they told me to throw it away and they will not offer a replacement or refund.

I am more upset that they have not issued a recall or created a kit to fix the issue, as I am not the only one who has watched their baby collapse in The Deluxe Jumperoo. Is Fisher Price waiting for a few deaths before they make an announcement? Why in the world wouldn't they do something sooner?!

Original review: Nov. 16, 2014

Hello Kitty Power Wheel - My daughter got it for Christmas and rode it once and it tore up. They said I have to ship it off to the other place, that Walmart will not deal with returns on this car. My daughter is 2 so she couldn't tear it up. It just doesn't go anymore but charges and the gas and forward petal doesn't go forward but if you cross the wires it go constantly backwards and don't stop. I just need to get it fixed. Any ideas?

Original review: Oct. 22, 2014

My daughter is 5 months old and FELL out of this swing while she was strapped in. She was actually hanging from one leg and the swing was STILL swinging!!!!! It took me months to decide to put her back in. Finally I did and stayed in the same room with her. I walked out for 5 mins and when I came back the mesh cover that goes around the swing was covering her face almost like a plastic bag would suction to your nose and mouth. She was red and sweating and could have suffocated!!!! NEVER AGAIN will I put my daughter in this swing and I will tell everyone I know about the dangers of this swing!!!

Original review: Oct. 15, 2014

I called to complain about the fact that my 23wk old baby fell out of a fisher price swing chair whilst fully strapped in. The straps were fastened but as he rolled whilst sitting in chair, the straps came away from the chair! I was told 'sorry I've had trouble with this item today, that I should send it off for investigation and they will send me a voucher'. I was told I am not able to have any contact with the department that it gets sent to. It was also pointed out to me that the item hasn't been produced for around 2-3 yrs.

I was completely shocked at the lack of empathy from the lady on phone. It was as if she was reading from a script. My baby was very lucky, he could have broken bones or worse. All pushchairs and booster seats/high chairs have the same straps and clips but are usually bolted to the chair. The ones on this swing chair were not. I wonder if this is why they no longer make the item, although lady on phone tells me they've not heard of this before. The weight restriction is 20lbs and my son is 18lb and most babies of 23wks can roll.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2014

My baby got a bouncer (the garden bouncer to be specific) from my baby shower. I notice today when I picked him up I saw some bruised at the back of his foot. He was crying and I didn't know why, with further examination I saw that the bouncy had blood on it and realized that it was bruising my baby every time he kicks his little legs. I feel so bad, got my poor child.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2014

I received many, many FP products for my baby shower, was pleased with most. However the rock 'n play sleeper I received was not manufactured correctly, and the motor in the cradle 'n swing was not working. So I called FP and they were incredibly helpful. They had UPS come right to my door to pick up the items I wanted to return (I didn't have to print a label or pay for postage). I was sent a replacement for one of the items and a refund check for another, as well as a voucher for FP merchandise. I called twice and both times, the representatives were extremely kind and helpful. I read lots of poor reviews on FP so I was nervous but my experience was totally the opposite.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2014

I called because my daughter has the Little People's Princess castle. It came with Cinderella and Snow White and Snow White has always thought she was Belle. I thought it was just a Snow White defect. Well recently I bought my daughter the other princesses and several of them don't work. Fisher Price thinks it must be a defect in the castle. They said I have to find my own box to mail it back and pay for it before they will send me a new one within 1-2 weeks. After complaining, they then said the would send me a prepaid label which they said they couldn't offer me before. The CS representative was really nice, but they should be going out of their way to help me resolve their mistake, not the other way around. They said it's the same as returning it to the store, but it's not because I bought the princess castle over a year ago and thought just the snow white was just defective, not the entire castle. But now that half of our princesses are defective and my daughter is getting confused, it is a big deal.

Fisher Price Company Information