Fisher Price

Compare Children's Toys

Research top Children's Toys recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

When it comes to toys for our kids, Fisher Price has always been a familiar name and it will always be a brand we will patronize. One of the gazillion toys (sad to say, haha, maybe someday, I'll find myself in an avalanche of toys) that my children have is a 4-year-old FISHER-PRICE 2-IN-1 MUSICAL TURTLE BABY GYM, and it is still good as new (which is not a surprise, of course, since it is Fisher Price). Argh! I sound like an ad, but, I'm just amazed at how long their product lasts. Kids can be so negligent and at times, they treat their toys as enemies, and this gym is a survivor. One thing I like about it is that it doesn't smell like plastic. The paint doesn't chip off. The materials are quite sturdy. Moreover, this gym is a good learning toy for starters. The music is not so bad, and the set up is easy. The only thing is that this brand costs an arm and a leg, but, like I always say, we get what we pay for.

My husband and I ordered our son a Rocking Giraffe made by Fisher Price. Our child only used it a handful of times and he is well below the weight limit. He climbed on it a few days back and the cheap blue handles broke while he was rocking and he fell off. He hit his head on the floor. It left an ugly red mark that went away by the next day but it left a small galge. This rocker should NOT have broke that soon. He is the only child we have so he is the only one who played with it. It was not mistreat or abused for it to break that soon. I will seriously reconsider about buying a product from Fisher Price. I saw No reviews about it when we bought it that indicated that it was an unsafe toy. Now searching reviews on Walmart.com, Target.com and Amazon.com. I am seeing a lot of other parents complaining about the handles snapping off while their child is rocking. This item should be recalled! It is a safely concern that Fisher Price should address.

My mother and I have attempted to order the Fisher Price Lakeland Convertible Crib and Lakeland 6-Drawer Dresser THREE times now and we still have not received our orders! We ordered these products through Target.com (my baby registry), but it is not a Target issue. Everything completed by Target is correct, so when they send the orders to Fisher Price, Fisher Price messes the orders up and we never receive our products.

We have called customer service numerous times and each time the order is cancelled and redone. We have yet to receive these products. Last time, we were told it was a glitch in their system, but two random people received our products since they were shipped to the wrong people! At this rate, my baby will be here before his crib and dresser! I love this crib and dresser, but I am tempted to try and find another matching set for his nursery since this has been such a hassle!

I ordered a power wheel through their online website. I was duped and lied to with a refusal to cancel my order. This item was never delivered. I placed an order through the Fisher Price store's online website on October 26, 2015 for a Power Wheel Harley Davidson for my son's 4th birthday. I was pretty excited as I had saved up almost 6 months for this. I paid almost $300 (order #**) and paid extra money for rush shipping to guarantee the Power Wheel would arrive in time for his birthday, Oct. 31. Their website says they ship items within 2 hours of payment, so I felt confident the item would arrive in time.

Fast forward to Oct. 28. I still hadn't received a shipment confirmation so I decided to give their customer service a call. I have hearing problems so this was hard for me but my email went unanswered so I decided this was my only option. I spoke to a representative by the name of Erin. She was baffled at why I still hadn't received a tracking number. She placed me on hold to speak to someone else. When she came back on the line she said my order was further along than the website showed. She assured me that my order would arrive by the end of the business day on Thursday. If by some slim chance it did not, call back and they would be glad to help expedite the order to me. To my dismay, the power wheel did not arrive by the end of business day.

I called Fisher Price again on the 29th in a total panic. The new representative once again placed me on hold to figure out where my order was. She advised me that the order had not even left the warehouse. It had not been shipped. I asked to cancel my order so I could buy my son something locally. She said she could not cancel the order and she would not give me a tracking number. She offered to refund the rush fee and told me I would just have to wait until I received the item in the mail. I asked why yesterday's rep told me something completely different and she had no answer for me. She just kept repeating the same mantra - no order cancellation, no refund, no tracking info, I cannot help you.

The power wheel was never delivered - the damage had been done. My money I had saved up was tied up, my son's birthday came. I didn't have any money to buy him a replacement gift, he got a cake and a few dollar store gifts. So instead of giving him this grand present that I worked so hard for, this is what I was able to give him. I felt like the worst Mom but there was nothing I could do, Fisher Price would not give me money back. November 1st, Fisher Price finally emailed me back with a generic auto response - 5 days after my original message. Still no tracking number and no refund. On November 6th, Fisher Price emailed me to say my order had been cancelled and my money was returned, after 12 days of being tied up.

This is the absolute worst lack of customer service I have ever received. I was lied to and cheated out of something that I worked so hard to get for my son. As a mom, you don't get a "do-over", moments and birthdays do not get replaced. To add insult to injury, They offered me free shipping on their website for a $25 order to which I declined. This is already a standard promo for this time of year, this is not a resolution, this only shows their lack of values and service.

I love Fisher Price/Mattel. Twice I have had to contact them and their customer service has been phenomenal. My newborn calming vibrations bathtub had a plastic piece that got chewed up by my dog! They sent me a replacement for free. My rock n play I had some safety concerns about the snug-a-puppy pillow covering my daughter's mouth, they sent me a new insert from a pillow-less model. Also free, and included a voucher for $20 because it was a cheaper model than I had originally purchased. I love the soothe and glow giraffe and rainforest jumperoo - no problems with them at all and I'm overall a very happy parent! I'm actually surprised by reading some of the negative reviews. My guess it that "you catch more flies with honey." I was always nice when I called and they were nice and helpful in return.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Fisher Price?

I bought this swing (Fisher Price cradle swing) for my granddaughter. The swing itself and the music works but the mobile has never worked and it didn't even come with a back battery cover. Would not recommend these swings to anyone because of the motor issues!

Purchased a Fisher price vibrating bouncy seat. My 6 month old loves the seat and sits in it all the time, untill last week. I noticed a large blood red indention on the back of her heel. Now a week later, the redness has not subsided and there is a knot on the side of her foot next to the mark. Going for X rays. Fisher price better hope it's not broken. No safety warning about this type of injury or recall. #onemadmomma

We ordered a Arctic Cat Power Wheels car for my daughter's birthday. When we opened it, we found it was missing at least 6 different pieces. So my daughter did not get her birthday present. We contacted them, shipped the old car back (huge pain) before they sent a new car. Got it today and the exact same things are missing. No tools, no shovel, no battery charger. Absolutely ridiculous when you are spending hundreds of dollars. Right now we are waiting on a response about the second car. Just sad that they broke a little girl's heart twice!!! How about a little quality control. How hard is it to check a box before it ships!!!

Laugh & Learn Puppys Smart Stages Train- we received this as a gift for my daughters first birthday 3 weeks ago and she has since pinched her fingers in the front wheels a handful of times when pushing it. Not only do her fingers get pinched but they get stuck between the red base of the train and the inside of the front wheel. She screams in pain and I'm so mad and disappointed that a toy recommended for even younger than her age group is so unsafe. (Recommended for 6-36 mo.) I would really like to see this item pulled from the shelves.

Received the Shake and Crawl Remote Car as a gift for my son. The gears stopped working after two uses. Does not work anymore. Poor quality.

I have called the company and made a complaint about the first Fisher Price Deluxe Lights and Sounds Jumperoo. It collapsed on my baby while he was jumping in it! I was livid that the product would just give like that. It was in the locked position and there was no reason for it to collapse. I called Fisher Price to find out if there had been any recalls or if there was a kit to fix the problem. They said they did not have any recalls on that Jumperoo at the time and there was no kit to fix it. The one I had must be defective. They told me to throw it away. I asked for a refund or replacement and they told me they would not do that. Needless to say, I was pretty ticked off!

I purchased another one that was almost the same, because it was the jumper my baby liked best. Guess what?! It just collapsed the exact same way as the one I had a year ago, with him in it! I have done some research and found many similar complaints online. I just called Fisher Price again and they said this is the first they are hearing of this (not true, as there are site after site of parents complaining about this very jumper and how poorly Fisher Price has handled the situation). I asked them for a refund or replacement with a different style and again they told me to throw it away and they will not offer a replacement or refund.

I am more upset that they have not issued a recall or created a kit to fix the issue, as I am not the only one who has watched their baby collapse in The Deluxe Jumperoo. Is Fisher Price waiting for a few deaths before they make an announcement? Why in the world wouldn't they do something sooner?!

Hello Kitty Power Wheel - My daughter got it for Christmas and rode it once and it tore up. They said I have to ship it off to the other place, that Walmart will not deal with returns on this car. My daughter is 2 so she couldn't tear it up. It just doesn't go anymore but charges and the gas and forward petal doesn't go forward but if you cross the wires it go constantly backwards and don't stop. I just need to get it fixed. Any ideas?

My daughter is 5 months old and FELL out of this swing while she was strapped in. She was actually hanging from one leg and the swing was STILL swinging!!!!! It took me months to decide to put her back in. Finally I did and stayed in the same room with her. I walked out for 5 mins and when I came back the mesh cover that goes around the swing was covering her face almost like a plastic bag would suction to your nose and mouth. She was red and sweating and could have suffocated!!!! NEVER AGAIN will I put my daughter in this swing and I will tell everyone I know about the dangers of this swing!!!

I called to complain about the fact that my 23wk old baby fell out of a fisher price swing chair whilst fully strapped in. The straps were fastened but as he rolled whilst sitting in chair, the straps came away from the chair! I was told 'sorry I've had trouble with this item today, that I should send it off for investigation and they will send me a voucher'. I was told I am not able to have any contact with the department that it gets sent to. It was also pointed out to me that the item hasn't been produced for around 2-3 yrs.

I was completely shocked at the lack of empathy from the lady on phone. It was as if she was reading from a script. My baby was very lucky, he could have broken bones or worse. All pushchairs and booster seats/high chairs have the same straps and clips but are usually bolted to the chair. The ones on this swing chair were not. I wonder if this is why they no longer make the item, although lady on phone tells me they've not heard of this before. The weight restriction is 20lbs and my son is 18lb and most babies of 23wks can roll.

My baby got a bouncer (the garden bouncer to be specific) from my baby shower. I notice today when I picked him up I saw some bruised at the back of his foot. He was crying and I didn't know why, with further examination I saw that the bouncy had blood on it and realized that it was bruising my baby every time he kicks his little legs. I feel so bad, got my poor child.

I received many, many FP products for my baby shower, was pleased with most. However the rock 'n play sleeper I received was not manufactured correctly, and the motor in the cradle 'n swing was not working. So I called FP and they were incredibly helpful. They had UPS come right to my door to pick up the items I wanted to return (I didn't have to print a label or pay for postage). I was sent a replacement for one of the items and a refund check for another, as well as a voucher for FP merchandise. I called twice and both times, the representatives were extremely kind and helpful. I read lots of poor reviews on FP so I was nervous but my experience was totally the opposite.

I called because my daughter has the Little People's Princess castle. It came with Cinderella and Snow White and Snow White has always thought she was Belle. I thought it was just a Snow White defect. Well recently I bought my daughter the other princesses and several of them don't work. Fisher Price thinks it must be a defect in the castle. They said I have to find my own box to mail it back and pay for it before they will send me a new one within 1-2 weeks. After complaining, they then said the would send me a prepaid label which they said they couldn't offer me before. The CS representative was really nice, but they should be going out of their way to help me resolve their mistake, not the other way around. They said it's the same as returning it to the store, but it's not because I bought the princess castle over a year ago and thought just the snow white was just defective, not the entire castle. But now that half of our princesses are defective and my daughter is getting confused, it is a big deal.

We loved this swing. I realize that each baby has preferences on where they will sleep best but this was the perfect fit for our son. He slept in it from the day we brought him home from the hospital until we transitioned him into his crib. I liked the versatility of it because it could swing in different directions and speeds and the music was calming. He loved the mobile and the mirror and was instantly calm anytime we put him in there. Even now at 10 months while he doesn't sleep in it we put him in there while we get ready for work and he relaxes in there. He listens to the music and watches the mobile. Another reviewer said that the motor went out in theirs several times. I will mention that our son is very petite so perhaps that has something to do with it. I would definitely buy this again.

Okay first my son was colicky when he was born so the swing calmed him down. If you've had a colicky kid you know what I mean. Well needless to say the motor went out. The swing was only used in the evening to calm my child. This happened August 1st 2013. I called Fisher Price and was very happy with the customer support. Within ten to fifteen minutes a new motor was on its way!! About a week or two later the motor was here. I installed it and guess what... It didn't work either. Long story short it was the cord to plug it into the wall. Now here we are in October 2013 and my son's swing doesn't work again... I'm currently waiting for 9 o'clock to get here so I can call customer support. Except this time I don't want the parts. I want my money back. You would think for almost $200 for a swing it would last at least a year.

Since I was pregnant I always thought that the Fisher Price Cradle 'N Swing were so cute and wanted to get one for my child. Well my sister bought this swing for her child. When I went to visit I put my child in the swing sitting next to her. The cradle part tipped all the way to the side. My daughter could have fallen out and hit her head on the bar that supports the swing if I was not sitting next to her to grab her. I believe that the Fisher Price swing is very unsafe and my baby could have gotten hurt. I am very unsatisfied with their swing nor will I ever recommend a Fisher Price swing to anyone.

We received this Luv U Zoo SpaceSaver Swing & Seat as a gift for our new baby. My baby is one month old and the motor on the swing has already stopped working. I really would have expected more for a $75 Fisher Price product. This is very disappointing as my wife and I cannot afford to buy another swing as we actually live on an earned income and not on the taxpayer's dime. I would really appreciate Fisher Price taking some accountability for this product, and either replacing it or refunding us the price of the product so that we can buy another. Even if it is Fisher Price credit because we really need a swing for our fussy baby. After reading the reviews on this swing, I would opt for the refund as this seems to be a common issue with this product. Thank you in advance for taking care of this defective product and not leaving the consumer hanging without any resolve.

I received a Snugabunny swing last year for a shower gift. I just started using it for the last 3 months, and the motor acts like it's struggling to move. And after all this talk about mold on the rock and play, I checked the seat padding and there are tons of black mold dots all over it, which explains why my son has stuffy nose and a cough. I’m very upset. I really think Fisher-Price is a great brand, but something needs to be done. I loved my swing until all this.

Fisher Price music activity walker - I bought this for my son a couple of months ago. At first he could only sit and play with the music and other stuff on the front just fine. Now he's beginning to cruise around and start pushing the walker to walk. By doing this, my son has to stand from the back (where it has no buttons). He started pushing the walker to walk around since 8.5 months. I started noticing many scratches as big as a marker tip on his hands and feet each day. When that happened, he would cry a little and crawled over to me and stopped playing. At first I thought he scratched himself with his nails so I constantly trim his nails. But I was always concerned how nail scratching marks could be so round.

Until yesterday, I just cut his nails earlier in the morning and he later was playing with the walker. The walker flipped over and he suddenly started crying loudly. He doesn't often cry. Then I found a fresh 1/2" cut on his finger bleeding. This toy is so sharp that it cut my son's skin. So all along it was the toy that hurt my son over the past months. I'm extremely unhappy.

I purchased this toy made by Me Spin and Spiral Doodler for my 4-year old granddaughter. What a mess. I do not understand why washable markers were not a part of this toy. To my surprise, the marker that comes with the toy is permanent and does not wash out. To say the least, my granddaughter's outfit was covered in marker. Also, the markers leave big splotches all over the paper. This was a disaster and pretty much made a mess of her birthday. I'm very angry that Fisher Price would not think of this before creating a toy made for 3t children.

We just got a replacement motor for this Fisher Price Snug-a-Bunny Cradle Swing about 2 or 3 months ago and it already went out again. My grandbaby is only 8 months old and only weighs around 18 pounds so I know she is not too heavy for it. I really love the swing but don't understand why the motor keeps doing this. I have another grandbaby on the way and really wanted to buy her a swing like this but with already having so much trouble with this one, I just don't know. Is there anything you could do for us?

My 1-year-old boy was playing with the Shape Cookie jar toy. He was able to put his hand through the holds and it became really stuck. He was screaming in pain. I couldn't get his hand out. I had to get my husband to try pull his hand out which was all swollen and sore. I'm really upset with this toy. It really needs to be much bigger; the holds should allow babies' hands to come out easily. The toy cost a lot of money too. But I'm too nervous to let my son play with it now.

Digital Arts & Craft Studio: My Digital Arts & Craft console is not being recognized by my PC. Please advise.

Fisher Price Laugh and Learn Music Station - I bought this toy for my grand-daughter for her first birthday. Periodically, it would continually repeat itself when you turned it from the music to the learning button. Then the animals on top stopped working... like it had a short in it. I'm really angry that I spent $50 on this toy for nothing! I don't think I should have to buy extra coverage in case a toy doesn't work! How about making toys to last? I want my money back! I think it's crap that I'm out $50 and my granddaughter is out a toy she loved!

I wish to inform you that our digital arts and crafts studio doesn't work. After a couple of attempts to install, it says contact consumer complaints. Can you please advise the next step?

I'd like to complain that I can't find an address to congratulate you on an amazing Fisher Price printer's kit I bought in Libya circa 1978. In its original box, I opened it for my grandchildren and found it as good as new with printers ink still in the bottle. Congratulations, I'd like to tell the world!

Fisher Price Company Profile