1.53/5

47 Evenflo Breast Pumps Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: April 11, 2007

I purchased an evenflo brest pump in March 2007 for the sole purpose of pumping breast milk while i returned back to work so my child could exclusively be fed brest milk. the pump work for 3 weeks and walmart of course would not exchange it and evenflo will not give me a straight forward answer as to what to do and how to get it fixed. The pump had done me no good. It will not suction hard enough and makes this loud sound as if it is about to start on fire from working so hard. I am extremely disapointed and would like it to be fixed or my money back.

Original review: March 21, 2007

We purchased the Evenflo Elan Dual electric Pump prior to the birth of my daughter in October 2006. I was on maternity leave and therefore did not have the real need to use the pump until I was getting ready to go back to work. Basically, it is like all the other complaints on this site - it worked great about the first month and then it worked horribly. The motor was sketchy and would seem to skip and got really loud and there were times where it really labored to pump. I was very concerned about this causing problems with my milk supply.

Apparently, Evenflo is aware of this problem, because I called them after learning I had a 90 day warranty from date of purchase and the store wouldn't return it for me. They went ahead and replaced the motor for me, but the same thing has happened again. We spent $160.00 on this pump and now we have gone and purchased a $250 Medela pump that works and guarantees their motor for 1 year. Something needs to be done about their product.

This has caused my milk supply to decrease until I purchased the new pump. In between that time I was left with engorged breasts which made life very uncomfortable.

Original review: March 9, 2007

I bought the Evenflo Battery/Electric Dual Breast Pump Kit from K-Mart about a month before my son was born. I did not open the breast pump kit until the day when I was discharged from the hospital after I gave birth. When my son refused to nurse directly from me, I opened the breast pump kit and found that it did not work. The motor made loud noises but there was no suction. I couldnt return the breast pumps to

K-mart once it was opened. My son was starving and couldnt take formula because he reacted negatively to every formula brand by vomiting. Thus, I had to hand express milk from my breast for him to drink.

I contacted Evenflo customer service office and they told me that they would mail out the replacement breast pump motor via Priority Mail. I waited for over one week and did not receive the replacement motor. While waiting for the parts, I had to hand express the milk every two hours throughout the day and night to feed my son. I contacted the Evenflo customer service office again and found out that they sent the motor to the wrong address and the product was returned back to them. They told me they will mail it out again via Priority Mail and that I should receive it within 2-3 days. Again, I waited and waited. About three days later, I received the replacement motor but this time the replacement motor still did not work. I had to wait through the weekends to contact the Evenflo customer service during their office hours. When I called the Evenflo Customer Service again, they told me that they would send me another replacement motor.

The second replacement motor did work but the suctioning was poor. When I used the breast pumps, the milk often did not drop from the collection chamber into the bottle. It often clogged and backed up the milk into the motor and down into the air tube. I experienced a lot of clogging and leaking of milk while using the breast pumps. It was time-consuming because the motor slowed down after about a month. At first it took 15-20 minutes to pump milk per pumping session, then it became 30-40 minutes. I experienced several breast infections because the breast pumps did not drain milk effectively from my breasts, resulting in engorgement and plugged milk ducts and breast infections. Besides the ineffective breast pump motor, the electric adapter also broke after a few months of usage. The power shut off if I didnt hold the cord in a certain exact position.

Original review: March 9, 2007

I bought the evenflo press and pump deluxe when my daughter was born 5 months ago. I have been breastfeeding and I decided to skip one feeding a day which was the night feeding so I had to pump out the milk. I have probably used the pump 15 times and it does not work anymore. I had already called the company that I purchased the pump from and they said they are sorry but there is nothing they can do because it was purchased 5 months ago. I have called evenflo and they told me the same thing. I am very upset because I spent over 60 dolars in it and I am not willing to spend more. PLease do not buy this brand......

Original review: Feb. 21, 2007

I was given the Elan Dual Electric Breast Pump by my mother as a gift for my baby shower. Since I got it several months before I gave birth I never even opened it until recently. I breast fed exclusively for the first two months of my beautiful sons life but as I prepared to go back to work, I needed to start pumping. I have been using the Elan Dual Electric Breast Pump for about two months now and I have noticed it is getting louder and louder and louder and at least twice every time I pump (which is about 5 times a day)the motor skips a beat ...like it's getting ready to give out.

This is an almost $200 dollar item, there is no reason that after three months of proper use that it should already be failing. And it's not just the motor. The bag is falling apart. The hoses are all gross and so are the sheilds and there isn't anywhere that you can go buy part replacements. I have emailed customer service at evenflo and I have called and argued with everyone and I have gotten zero cooperation.

Since I rely heavily on this product to feed my son and I can't wait four to six hours let alone four to six weeks to get this resolved...I have purchased a replacement pump for $250. A Medela Pump in Style. I will never purchase another evenflo product again...not a single one. And I will advice all my friends, neighbors, co workers, and strangers to avoid them as well. Not that I've had problems with their other products but if they can be so non responsive with such a crucial, life altering (for my son) problem...how worthless will they be with something less crucial?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Evenflo?

Original review: Dec. 15, 2006

I gave birth to my baby boy on october 31st. I had a really hard time breastfeeding my baby and still do after almost 2 months. My husband purchased an evenflo breast electric pump to make my life easier. After 2 weeks it stop working.The suction was on MAX but it sucked nothing. My baby didn't want the bottle and I was upset because I wasn't able to feed him. I went back to target and ask for an exchange, of course I wasn't able to! I was very upset. But I needed something. They were out of all of their breastpumps except the one I was returning. I had no choice but to purchase one again.

49.99 Same exactly thing happend. It was waste of money!! and I wanted back.I will tell every new mothers not to buy them at all untill I get my money back. Now I am on a search of a better quality pump and will not be evenflo again

Original review: Dec. 11, 2006

I bought an evenflo pump from target so I could pump in between feeding. When I first use the I pump I produced 4 oz in fifteen minutes I could get pass that 4 oz, 2 0z per breast. Which was unusual because I also had a manual and could produce 4 0z per breast every two hours. So all day and all night I try to pump because My breast were Coming engorged and Could not produce a single drop also My baby was not receiving any milk while nursing. This product should be investigated and taken off the shelves of stores. This company is selling a product the is damaging the women breast and probably staving some children in result

The pump is to slow for use. Can stop milk flow, then in result breas become engorged and painful no relief because it clogges your nipple ducts

Original review: Nov. 8, 2006

I have not had my breast pump for two weeks and the motor has stopped. I expressed 6- 4oz of milk per day and it worked well in the beginning. The day before it gave out, I was able to pump about an ounce after an hour of expressing.

I lost $30.00. The engourgement was horrible.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2006

My son was born Aug.7, 2006. I had been breasting exclusively to build up my milk supply. After 2 weeks I started to pump in between feedings. Everything was going well with the pump, that is until the milk started get clogged and backed up into the pump and the horn. I continued to use the pumps thinking that it was normal. I have been using the pump for 8 weeks now and it just died.

I purchased a new pump the same brand the same day. When I brought it home, the pump did not work. It was suctioning my milk out. I wanted to return it and was informed by Walmart that I would have to call the manufacture. I called the manufacture, they tried to help with the problem. The same steps given to me over the phone were the same steps already listed in the manual. No help at all. To return the product I would have to pay for the shipping cost and would not get a refund or exchange for another 4-6 weeks. So what am I supposed to do in the mean time. I have already spent about $80 on two pumps. Do I really want to take a chance of spending more money.

I very skeptical about purchasing any brand of breast pumps. I want to continue to breast feed my child, but what am I to do.

Original review: March 28, 2006

My first day back to work, my Evenflo Breast Pump broke on my lunch. I only got 7 weeks of use from this pump, and on the day I really needed it, it stops working, the motor broke on it. This product is a waste of money.

Now I have to go out and buy a brand new pump, I should have just bought a medela pump from the start, now I have to dish out at least another 70 dollars, I will never buy anything from evenflo again!!!!

Original review: Oct. 31, 2005

I had a baby on August 1, 2005 and decided to breast feed. I purchased an Evenflo Dual Breast Pump from Wal-Mart and used it for about 3 weeks when all of a sudden while pumping, it caught on fire. I had to go and purchase another pump (I bought the same kind). This second pump worked for about the same time and then just quit pumping. I called Wal-Mart to see about exchanging it and was informed that they did not exchange breast pumps. I have had three (3) Evenflo pumps and had to go and buy another pump tonight (10-31-05) because the third and final one burned up. I am very dissatisfied with Evenflo products and will not recommend them to anyone.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2005

I gave birth to my beautiful baby boy on July 29, 2005. I had bought the electric breast pump so it could help me out at nights. Also so my husband can participate with feeding. I had bought this product to save time and money instead of buying formula's but it isn't working. My husband and I have done everything for it to work. I would like to know if there is any way to get my money back or to get another one. The suction doesn't work and we have tried everything. We barely got it out of the package and the breastpump isn't working.

Original review: July 17, 2005

Evenflo Battery/Electric Breast Pump Kit, Model #52131 this product needs to be recalled, I bought it and it leaks, clogs up, and the electric plug does not have a good connection so it stopped working! Evenflo needs to give everyone their money back

Original review: April 27, 2005

I bought an Evenflo Comfort Select Auto-Cycle Breast Pump. I have been using it since I got home from the hospital on 4/21. From almost the first day the problems began. The milk often did not drop from the collection chamber into the bottle. Now the power shorts out unless I am holding the cord in exactly the right spot and although I was able to use the pump with batteries once, the second time I tried it did not work, even with brand new batteries.

Since I bought the pump well before my due date; my limited warranty has already expired. I will be purchasing a new pump but it will not be an Evenflo.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2005

I purchased the Evenflo battery/adapter operated breast pump as I soon plan to work. I tried pumping with the help of the adapter. From day 1, at the low suction level itself I was unable to pump comfortably. I moaned through out and could pump a max of 2oz in 40 minutes! I couldn't pump more than that through out the day. My nipples got very sore. By day 3, one of my breasts developed white spots and hurt real bad when my son sucked through that breast. I had a dreadful experience in just 4 days.

Thinking I was sensitive I shared my experience with some of my friends and realised they too have had such torturing experiences with Evenflo battery/electric breast pumps. Such appliances shouldn't be available in the market. The worst case is these are not refundable. Steps need to be taken in such serious cases.

Original review: July 30, 2003

The adapter that goes with my Evenflo breast pump is not working. i have only has my pump for one month. my Son was born june 1,2003. And the pump is not as strong when you use only battery's.

Original review: June 11, 2003

I purchased an Evenflo Manual Breast Pump for $30.00 at Wal-Mart thinking that it would be a good product to use in giving my baby the best that I can while still giving her a bottle. When I got the pump home and took it out I noticed at once that it was made of very cheap plastic. When I tried using it I got very little result with a lot of work, mainly because the pump was leaking all over the place and also the milk was backing up underneath the rubber suction cup. Normally I would have returned it to the store, but I plainly says on the box that pumps cannot be returned. So I am hoping to get some result from this website. I have known the Evenflo name for many years, but will not recommend their pumps to any of my friends.

Evenflo Breast Pumps Company Information