Evenflo Highchairs

Compare Children's Toys

Research top Children's Toys recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

My 18 month old son keeps getting his leg stuck in the high chair between an opening in the footrest and the seat. This has happened a number of times and I have taken photos regarding this. I contacted Evenflo with no response on how they will fix this matter or how they will reimburse me for my loss of a highchair, in which my son has to now sit on the floor to eat. They do not care nor have they apologized. I have photos of his leg stuck and the markings it has left.

I got an Evenflo expressions high chair for my baby shower in July of 2008. When my son was ready and we started using it, I noticed a screw on the floor. It was a small screw but I had no idea where it could have came from, since we had just started using the high chair I didnt even think twice to check it. As time went on I notice the seat of the high chair didnt feel as secure as i would like, when i got on the floor and looked under the seat i new right away what the problem was.

I went online to the goverment recall site and only the majestic and one other high chair from evenflo were on recall. I read the reason for the recall on those two and it sounded like the same problem i was having. I emailed evenflo and asked them why my high chair was not on recall and if anyone else had the same complaint.

I received an email back almost a month later asking me what was wrong with the high chair even though i explained in my first email that the screws in the bottom of the seat keep falling out and when you screw them back in they just come out again. I told evenflo that i had stopped using the high chair because i was affraid for my childs safety and they told me that there was no recall and that they had no other complaints, and that either my son was too big for the chair or that it was user error and we didnt put it together right.

My son did not get hurt thank god but no thanks to evenflo. they said the seat would not come off and that i can continue to use it with out the screws. I would never have taken the chance of my son getting hurt and i feel that when it comes to products made for infants and toddlers the company should not take their faults so lightly and basically ask you to risk your child getting hurt just so they have proof of their mistake.

I bought an Evenflo Expressions High Chair for my grandson. Within 3 or 4 months, the screws started falling out. Thank goodness there was a recall on another Evenflo high chair so I started checking this one and found the same problem. The model # is 2981844. I bought it at Walmart.

I would like to take this opportunity to file a formal complaint against the Evenflo Company. In 2006, my mother-in-law purchased the Evenflo Majestic high chair (Model #3001732) as a baby shower gift. We have had problems with this high chair ever since we have had it. Please review the contact I have had with this company.

On 7-18-06, I contacted Evenflo regarding a missing part. On 8-10-07, I contacted Evenflo regarding screws falling out of the back part of the high chair. They mailed me new screws and a plastic cap for them. Then on 9-21-07, I contacted Evenflo again regarding screws falling out of the part of the high chair that holds the back support of the seat in. They replaced the high chair with a new high chair. It was still a Majestic model but with a newer manufacture date

On 1-31-08, I contacted Evenflo yet again regarding the same problem with the screws falling out of the high chair. They then offered to replace it with their other model high chair which is the Expressions. Then on 3-28-08, I contacted Evenflo about the new Expressions high chair. Evenflo has documented that I wasn't happy with the functionality of the Expressions model. This sounds ridiculous to me. I am not a picky person, especially when it comes to a high chair. I just want a safe high chair for my child to be able to eat. The only thing I can possibly think the reason that I don’t like the Expressions is that my children are bigger kids and just didn't fit in it.

On 4-08-08, Evenflo replaced the Expressions with another Majestic. On 3-10-09, I contacted Evenflo again. The same problem is happening with this high chair despite the fact that there has been a recall on this product because of children falling out of these chairs, and getting seriously hurt or even dying. The only resolution that person had was to offer me a credit for any product they carry. I unfortunately do not need anything they offer right now. I just want a high chair that my child can be safe in. Later on 3-26-09, I called Evenflo again. I spoke to Jodi to confirm the address of who to make the complaint to. She spoke to her supervisor in hopes to resolve this problem for me. Her supervisor offered to give me a check for half of the value of the high chair.

The supervisor that I spoke to on 3-10-09 was quite rude. She acted as if this problem with the high chair was my problem. She told me that because it’s been over the warranty time, they shouldn't be helping me at all. I beg to differ when it has been an ongoing safety issue of this company. I feel that they would rather wait until my child gets hurt or even killed to do anything about it. I am asking that they refund me the total amount of the high chair so that I may go get a new high chair for my son. I would like this matter resolved as soon as possible considering it has been going on 2 years.

I purchased a evenflo high chair in november 2008, model #2981844. My complaint is that one of the screws fell out of it, luckily i found it before my 10 month old son did. I'd just like for the company and other parents to be aware of this danger

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Evenflo?

I received the Evenflo high chair as a gift September 2007. When my daughter was sitting in her high chair eating when suddenly the cap on the side near her tray popped off and the screw landed on my daughters tray before I could get to her. She had it in her mouth, and by the grace of god she nded kup spitting it out, but could hav been much worse for her, or for any child, she could have died!

I bought an Evenflo highchair from walmart in june. It is only 6 months old and screws are falling out. I have replaced the screw several times but it keeps falling out. I fear if I keep using the high chair my daughter will fall out one day. It is a screw that holds the chair on the high chair. The model # is 2981844 and the Date is 022208ks. I saw that an evenflo highchair was recalled for the same problem and I feel this one should be recalled also.

Could be a choking or falling hazard.

I purchase an Evenflo Expressions high chair, model number 2981844 in June of 2007. Since then my son has been able to kick the feeding tray off into the floor on more than 10 occasions. Thankfully I have always been close by when this has happened, but it could have been tragic had I been further away.

I am going to have to purchase a new high chair. The tray coming off and crashing to the floor is becoming more frequent, and I believe the parts to hold the tray on are not working properly.

I have a complaint about the evenflo envision high chair. We bought the chair new when my son was born in 2005, we now also have a grandson and granddaughter that we use this chair for and they all have got their arms stuck between the seat and the legs of the chair and sometimes it is very difficult to get their arms unstuck. I think there should be some kind of recall on this chair for these reasons.

The children's arm get red and sometimes bruised plus they scream and cry very hard when this happens.

My child (9 months) got her head wedged between the seat and the tray arms of the high chair. My husband and I had to pull her head out

Model # 28511060A

Possible choking hazard.

I bought the chair on sept 8th and the chair is not safe at all! The back of the chair snaps back when my son sat in it and he would get his arm stuck between the back of the chair which caused him to cry. The food tray not easy to get on and off. Lucky i returned it before it was too late. Bad, unsafe, product. Very Unhappy!

Evenflo Highchairs Company Profile