2. Family and Parenting

Evenflo Car Seats

3.3/5 (30 ratings)

About Evenflo Car Seats

Evenflo Car Seats Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Evenflo Car Seats?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Evenflo?

Original review: May 20, 2017

I like that the Evenflo car seat is adjustable. My kids have grown very fast. They are all in the 90% in height and it seems I am always having to readjust the belts so the kids will fit in. It would really suck if I had to buy a new one for every growth spurt. However, it is not easy to get it installed in the car. They are very hard to get in place and strapped in and I would love to see a better way of doing that. It seems no matter how hard I pull and push on the seat there is still a lot of looseness and a movement of the seat. Just to get the seat belt around the seat is hard then you have to have about 3 people pull on it to get it as tight as they say it needs to be and the worst part is putting on the little clip to hold the seat belt. After it is in it is not too bad belting up the kids as long as they aren't fighting you.

Original review: May 15, 2017

I like Evenflo Car Seats' extra padding for infant which you can remove. It’s very comfortable especially for a newborn baby. It’s also side impact tested so I don’t have to worry as much about my baby’s safety. But the straps that you buckle the baby into sometimes after you click the car seat to the base get stuck so you have to take the seat back out and fix it before strapping the baby in. The base for the car seat is relatively easy to install. I have to put it in and take it out often between three vehicles and the seat easily clips in and out.

Original review: May 14, 2017

I have only heard good things about Evenflo Car Seats. It looks like it would be safe to use, and the prices are good enough to get the right one you need. It was really easy to install, the instructions were easy to read and understand. I had someone else help me read the instructions, and together we were able to secure the car seat to the correct specifications. This is a great company and I tell others about them and the car seats that they offer.

Original review: May 13, 2017

I like Evenflo Car Seats' easy and quick installation, comfort for child and adult, grow with me ability to fit multiple ages and stages, easy to clean and safety features. However, I dislike color choices. There are more options that are easier to find in store. Also ease of cleaning harness straps, durability of plastic clips that keep the cover in place ease of installing in tight fighting cars. It's easy to install forward facing. But I wish rear facing was easier to do without the help of a 2nd person. Also wish all had the click tight latches and the covers stayed on better. Most seem to want to come off after being washed. But overall, excellent value.

Original review: May 12, 2017

One of the best brands for the price. This is a great car seat that is simple and efficient to use. It comes apart easy so it is simple to clean which is a very important feature. Very easy to install in your car, also easy to buckle your child in. They buckle in securely, as well. You can let your child have play things while in the car seat. There is plenty of room for your child's safety and comfort.

Original review: May 11, 2017

The Evenflo Car Seat has a removable seat pad to machine wash and adjustable slots to adjust shoulder and waist straps. It also has an option to use standard seatbelts in car due to increase struggle using strap on car seat. But the straps and buckles are cheaply made and tend to get nasty and dirty. It’s hard to unbuckle and the chest buckle fails to move with ease, as well. It is also very difficult to install and remove due to a poorly-made release system and clips are too springy requiring brute force to move a car seat from vehicle to vehicle.

Original review: May 10, 2017

The Evenflo baby car seat seems to be safely attached to the car which reassures me that the baby will be safe. In addition to this positive aspect, the seats look comfortable. At first, my baby was crying but as she got used to the seat she is enjoying her car rides. I like that it is especially designed for newborns and it was especially useful on my way home from the hospital when my daughter was born. It can easily be detached so that I can carry my baby in the car seat as I go about doing my business instead of having to wake a sleeping baby up to take her out of the baby car seat.

The negative aspects of the car seat is that it is kind of heavy. It is not something I want to carry around everywhere with my baby inside. Another thing is that although it states that the car seat is used by 4-35 pounds, it already seems kind of small for my two-month-old which is only 12 pounds. I was expecting to use it for at least a year before I purchase a new one but that doesn't seem likely.

Installing the car seat was extremely difficult because I didn't know all the features of my car, where to attach the base of the seat to the car. I was hoping that the instructions provided by the company inside the box would be all that's needed to know how to install, but that wasn't so. I had to watch several Youtube videos to actually figure out what I was doing.

Original review: May 7, 2017

The seat was easy to install without the latch system. I do believe the latch system would make it steadier but it takes a small amount of time to get it right the first time. Also, it was a little hard to adjust the straps to a larger size when needed and having to completely take it apart and put together to adjust was a pain. It could have used a little more padding to make it more comfortable. But it was easy to click in the child and it was secure when buckled into the car. Also, it was fairly priced and the choice of boy or girl styles was good as was the actual color patterns.

Original review: May 6, 2017

I purchased an Evenflo car seat for my daughter, who is 4 now. It is black and pink. The colors are very bold and attractive but a Disney character would be very cute on it. It has a high back and you strap your seat belt around it. It fully protects her at all times, it is very comfortable, spacious and has a head rest in case she falls asleep. It also has 2 cup holders to hold drinks or a little snack. It is very easy to install this car seat in my vehicle. I just set it in my back seat and my daughter gets in. I then pull the seat belt around her and buckle it and she is ready to go. But the car seats she used as a baby were different. There was a hold in the base of the car seat and that is where you put the seat belt through. Then you can detach the seat part from the base if you wanted to carry it. But I am fully satisfied with my daughter’s Evenflo car seat. My daughter would be the first one to tell me if she did not like it.

Original review: May 5, 2017

We found the Eventflo Car Seat to be easily installed which came in handy when moving within parents' vehicles. It was also lightweight and easy to maneuver within the vehicle. We really liked how easily the car seat converted into a stroller. We always seemed to be on the go and this made life so much easier.

However, I never easily found covers switched out when the one on the car seat was being cleaned. The pamphlet that the car seat comes with should have different designs and colors.

Evenflo Car Seats Company Information