2.22/5

14 Evenflo Strollers Consumer Reviews

Original review: May 11, 2017

The ease of car seat going from stroller to car without taking the baby out of seat was the best feature. It made the whole thing so much easier. Also, the way it was designed to hold the diaper bag for you added immensely. It was fantastic. But I would prefer stronger brakes. I wasn't confident that they would hold all of the time, however they did. Also, the wheels would sometimes stick which made it a bit difficult to turn, but I just had to nudge them a bit. Overall they were ok. It's very easy to use and fold. Just pull up to open. Clicks, then twist and push to fold. I could do it one handed! I would put the baby in the car, open the trunk fold it down and pop it in in seconds!

Original review: May 7, 2017

This was a basic stroller that didn’t have any fancy add ons. I would’ve liked to have a cute stroller for my daughter but this is what I could afford at the moment. It handles easily. I haven't had any trouble with the wheels or folding it. But I would add a storage bin underneath for diaper bag and stuff like that. I also would have a wider selection of prints. I get that it’s supposed to be the affordable brand but they could still make it cute.

Get expert buying tips about Strollers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 27, 2017

The unit was top of the line back in the day. It has the large wheels and that’s nice. 6 wheels, canopy storage, collapsible. The stroller also has cup holders and a compartment for keys and such. However the unit is too heavy for my wife and it was a little bulky and hard to collapse in. Could use a removable seat for easy cleaning and the material was difficult to remove and reinstall. It was also too big for planes and would not fit under seat. Just wish the price was cheaper but it handled well as pushing and it collapses fine.

Original review: April 26, 2017

Simple to use, folds up easily and lighter than most other strollers. The canopy extends out pretty far to shade my little ones from the sun or rain. The tray for the child cup is also a pretty good size and it fits most of my child cup sizes. The basket underneath is also of good size. You can fit anything I would need to bring with me in there when we go for walks. The only thing would be is how expensive they can be and I don't like how thin the material it's made from because it can really rips and tears if it gets caught on something in the car or rubs up against something. The cup holders on top of it for my beverage or an extra cup is kind of unsturdy. The cups just slide around in it and they spill making a big mess. But the stroller has a squeeze button that is super easy to use. You don't have to wrestle with it to work. When it folds up it's smooth and I have never been punched by it like other strollers I've bought. Great brand.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2017

Stroller flipped my 3 month old baby on a minor curve and it also flipped me. I'm the Dad and weight about 200 pounds and I'm pretty good keeping my balance, I'm used to working on big ladders and skating. This stroller could had easily killed my baby and me too. Must be out the market before someone else gets hurt or worse.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Evenflo?

Original review: Sept. 1, 2016

I was given a travel system for my baby shower and 3 months into using it it started not holding the car seat in the stroller and car seat wouldn't click properly to its mount for the car. I called the company and requested a replacement. They replaced my travel system with another travel system that was $100 less than the value of what I had originally purchased. It was a cheap piece of crap. I called them again and they offered to give me a refund for my original $250 purchase, I sent them the stroller back with their promise that they would send me a check and a month later I'm being told I still have to wait and that their machine doesn't work and there's nothing they can do. My question is if you knew they couldn't send me a check why would you have me send the product back so that now I'm out stroller and car seat on top of my money? Their customer service is absolutely ** and I would never recommend their products or company to anyone!

Original review: Oct. 15, 2013

I was given this stroller from my baby shower registry at Babies R Us. The system worked pretty well. The baby's head and back sweats intensely even though it's not really warm out. Also, now that my daughter is 1 yr old, the seat belt will not stay on. The seat belt comes out from stroller below hip level so when she shifts around, no matter how tight we put seat belt on, she is able to slide down seat belt and take one leg out at a time. We caught her a few times because we recorded her and submitted video and pics to Evenflo. I had written to them via email if they had additional harness or seat belt I could use. The person who I spoke with via email several times could only tell me that maybe I was not putting on the seat belt correctly and that I should buy her a new stroller with a harness next time, even though her stroller still in great condition.

When I took it to Babies R us I spoke with someone who had had a similar problem with the same stroller except that their baby was not able to wiggle all the way out so seat belt would be at mid leg level and baby would hang off the side of stroller. We spoke with Babies R Us and told them of the issue and they gave exchanged it for a Babies R Us travel system Pioneer, that was half the cost but works great.

Original review: June 26, 2013

We purchased this stroller/travel system at Walmart in 2012. The stroller has a bolt under the thin mesh cover that sticks out on the sides right at my baby son's head level. When he is sitting upright and reclines backwards at a slight angle, the back of his head hits this bolt. There is no padding either on the bolt area or any of the whole metal side structure of the stroller. With my son at an age, just turned 1, where he is moving around on his own now, this is totally unacceptable. He cried so hard when he hit his head on it the other day! How can there be no protection from that??

Original review: Dec. 2, 2011

My concern is the arm on the stroller that connect the tray to the stroller. It has a gap in it and when you attach the key to the tray, there is another gap that no force can get to snap together. This stroller isn't safe and can cause harm to an infant. The car seat itself seems safe but once placed on the tray, it sways forward. This alone is need for a recall. The warranty is 90 days that I understand. This is not a general concern for a vanity issue but a safety issue. When I contact the company, the replacement parts are no longer available.

Original review: May 9, 2008

I purchased an Evenflo Discovery Travel System for my daughter for ease of use taking her from the car and placing it on the stroller. The wheels are constantly falling off whether I am putting the stroller away, or taking it out. The wheels also fall off if I am lifting the stoller up to put on the curb. Then, earlier this year I find that the Infant Seat has a recall for the restraint system.

Evenflo sent me the most ludicrous restraint strap that requires me to buckle my car seat on both sides when I want to place my child in and take out of the car. No way would I have purchased any carseat that required the need for two snaps and a lever to install and remove from my vehicle. I am very dissapointed in Evenflo, and their lack of customer service.

The wheels of my stroller have fallen off at the curb while in traffic creating a panic in me, and a safety hazard. The car seat is pretty useless now, I would consider giving it away, but I don't think anyone would even use the straps as they are such a hinderance.

Evenflo expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Evenflo has been around since 1920, when they specialized in baby feeding products. Today, the company specializes in larger infant and child gear, including car seats, booster seats, cribs and strollers.

• Strollers for active families: Evenflo’s strollers are designed with busy, active families in mind. They include jogging strollers and easy-fold strollers that can quickly fold up or down.

• USA made products: Most of Evenflo’s products are made in their Ohio-based factory. Look for the Made in the USA markings on their products.

• Safety information: Find safety information, including recall alerts, easily on Evenflo’s website. When applicable, order a free remedy kit for the product being recalled from Evenflo’s website.

• Easy to find: Evenflo strollers and other products are sold by major retailers across the country and around the world. See a full list of their partner retailers on Evenflo’s website.

• Replacement parts: It’s easy to order replacement parts for your Evenflo stroller and other Evenflo products on their website. This can be a much less expensive option when a part gets worn than replacing the entire stroller.

• Best for: Evenflo strollers are best for active families.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs