Disney

Disney
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.84/5

Disney Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Disney?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Walt Disney?

Original review: Nov. 16, 2020

I used to love Disney and I used to think they have the best customer service on the planet, but this has all changed since COVID. Yes, I gave them leeway for a while, but the service over the phone and in the park has become dismal, at best.

Friendly - rarely
    Helpful - once out of about 10 times now
    Annoying - most of the time

Frustrating - every single time we have to call them

The way this company has dealt with annual passholders makes me fee more like I am a huge inconvenience and not a paying guest of their parks. My wife has spent hours on hold with them on multiple occasions due to the extension they gave us for the shutdown months. Those hours on hold result in unfriendly people you can tell work from home and really don't care if you get what you need or not. We have had packages from their online store not arrive, orders arrive in smashed boxed, employees in the park be flat out rude with us, people on the phone be flat out rude, and about 100 hoops to jump through due to their errors.

They left a message that sounded more like a threat than an actual courtesy call as they claimed. This message told us we had to sign a contract amendment due to the extension, however, the number they give us for our contract doesn't work and they just keep sending us back around the automated phone system. Disney has completely abandoned their guests and I cannot recommend anything Disney to anybody anymore. I actually find myself hoping the company fails because right now, that's what they deserve. They are treating people like garbage all under the umbrella of COVID. I never thought in my lifetime I would say this, but SeaWorld is providing far better customer service than Disney.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2020

Shop Disney has always had difficulties for customers on its site, especially during "sales." Items would sell out before I could check out, then check out would become impossible unless the out of stock items were removed. The problem has been that their system would not always tell the customer which items were out of stock. So I'd eventually have to call customer service and have their agents figure it out --- something that was a challenge even for them, And even after the order was finally placed, I'd receive many notifications that oops, certain items purchased were not really available. This would create a problem if gifting to a family. Certain items would still be delivered to some members, then other members would receive nothing.

This is especially bad if children are involved. How do you explain to nieces or nephews that of course you tried to send them something? But there were also pros: some great prices could be found on quality merchandise. All this being said, I've never seen things with Shop Disney go as horribly wrong as they are today. I understand that we are in a middle of a pandemic; however, other companies seem to manage responding to complaints effectively and within a reasonable period of time. Not Shop Disney!

Here's what happened: Back in May of 2020, I pre-ordered 5 packages of Star Wars themed and other Disney themed assortments of masks. They were priced at about $20.00 per set of 4. I was really excited over the choices and told family and friends that I would be giving some to them as well. The only slight negative at the time was that I discovered after placing my order that they would not be available until July. I'd heard that they'd be released in June, but I guess I missed that cut off.

There was no on site notification about shipping times, so I had to learn this from customer service. I accepted the delay till July. I also asked after the fact of ordering, if my $30 worth of Disney certificates (3 - $10 ones) that I'd received as compensation for pricing changes could be applied retroactively to my order. I was told that they could, and when my order shipped, I'd see the discount. It would reduce my order cost from about $108 or $109 to about $76. I was very pleased! At that point in time, everything appeared to be working more or less okay with their customer service department.

Come mid-July, I received a notice from Shop Disney that my order of masks had shipped. Tracking was included. I thought great, finally they are on their way. Disney has never had exactly speedy shipping, so I wasn't really concerned all that much when they had not arrived during the first couple of weeks, but by early August, I started worrying. They should have been here. I checked the shipping and discovered my order was simply sitting in the same shipper location. Not moving..I could not get any help through the shipping site directly, so attempted to contact Shop Disney. I hoped that they could find out what the problem was and fix it. Thus began my Disney descent into Hades.

I have totally lost track of how many emails I sent to Shop Disney, both through their site and through their customer service email. Sometimes I would receive some sort of form letter telling me to look for tracking once shipped. Sometimes I'd receive no response at all. Every time I attempted to call Shop Disney's customer service phone line, which I thought would be the most direct route to fix the issue, after being routed through the entry level information, I was told it would be over an hour's wait, but have no worries, here are some Disney songs to brighten your day.

The last attempt I made to call, I was given a notice of an expected 124 minute wait. That's over two hours of listening to Disney Princesses belting out tunes. I tried hanging on for a bit, but ultimately couldn't take all that happiness coming my way even with a speaker phone and playing on the computer while waiting. So I went back to sending messages. So I hung up and sent more messages.

I finally received a message cheerfully informing me that they had cancelled my order and refunded my money to my credit card. That refund didn't take into account my $30 worth of Disney dollars. In any case, I wanted my order and not a refund. They had never bothered to give me a choice. So I sent more messages, this time amped up ones because I was getting pretty angry.

Finally I received a message from a service member (whose name I will withhold here). She sounded very sweet and attentive and like she actually cared and would fix things. She offered to call me on a certain date -- think it was August 12th -- and proceeded to ask me the best time to reach me. So I gave her a two hour window, then waited. I never heard back from her through email if the time I chose was doable. I simply hoped and expected (silly me) that she really would call. I kept my phone with me for three hours of waiting. Nada.

I went back to sending more emails requesting help. A couple of responses have trickled back informing me that whether or not I wanted it, my order was cancelled and my money refunded. The last person seemed a tad more responsive, providing the details that the refund had already gone through to my account, so she could do nothing in terms of sending me a replacement order. She declared that I was refunded in entirety, which is simply not true. I was refunded what was charged to my credit card account --- just over $76 dollars --- but not the Disney dollars from the used certificates. She told me that I could place a new order if I wanted for the same items. Yeah, well that's just great. I ordered in May and now it's getting into late August and I have nothing. And you expect me to place a new order for the same items I waited so long for?

By the time Disney would get masks to me, I'm guessing the pandemic might well be over. I sent yet another message in which I pointed out that I could not possibly place the same order for the refunded $76 dollars. I would come up $30 short. I don't know how to make these people understand. Perhaps they don't want to. I get that we are operating in different and difficult times, and that there's probably a shortage of Disney employees to field all the complaints, but other companies seem to do a much better job of it. They may have problems but they step in to quickly fix them. Zulily is exceptionally good that way, and I noticed that they have a whole line of cute masks, so I will be ordering from them instead.

Meanwhile, Shop Disney has stolen my $30 worth of certificates, wasted many hours of my time (I am a senior citizen so that matters to me: these are hours I will never get back!) and after 3 months of waiting for something I was really excited about, given me nothing at all but headaches. No choices about how I wanted things handled. No promised phone calls ringing through. They gave me empty promises, misunderstanding at every turn (probably because they never really took the time to actually read what I wrote), and provided tracking that never went anywhere. The tracking should have led to me. And while the shipper may be the one at fault, Shop Disney has a responsibility to follow through on the customers' behalf to make things right, to get their package to them.

Shop Disney is the most irresponsible company I think I've ever seen, and I do a lot of online shopping. These people with their mouse ears telling me to have "a magical day" are the worst when it comes to service, understanding, and caring. They don't. They have such a big name, but they just don't care. Instead of bringing magic and happiness to my doorstep, they drained it from my world.

Get buying tips about Kids Toys and Products delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 16, 2020

They don't price match at all. I purchased a Cinderella castle from shop Disney.com and later found the exact same thing for 45 dollars less at 3 different sites. As my order had already shipped, I contacted shopdisney customer service asking for a refund of the difference. I even provided proof of the lower price on 3 different sites, and shopdisney basically said tough. Deal with it. They don't price match and thats just how it is. The only option they gave me was to return it at my own expense once it arrived, but as it's a rather large and heavy item, it would cost me more to return it and get one of the cheaper ones so I'm just stuck. With the billions they have, one would think they could at least price match. Word of warning to any would be shopdisney shoppers, make sure you check other places and sites before purchasing from shopdisney, as it will likely save you some cash.

Original review: May 9, 2020

I pre-ordered an item that will not be available for two months. The very next day, my company informed me that I will be traveling out of the country during the time when the item was due to be shipped. I asked if they (Disney) would either cancel my order or delay the shipment so the box wouldn't just be sitting on my porch for a month. They refused. I was informed that orders are processed immediately and that was that. If it's a pre-order, then it's not an immediate process! I am extremely unhappy with what happened and wish I had seen their online reviews before purchasing. They have a 2.5 out of 5 star rating for a reason.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2019

It's Christmas week so Disney has been having problems with their online site and I am furious. After their site crashed, I called and was told that my order didn't process and that I would have to order everything again by that night to have everything shipped by Christmas. I did this, and the website still wouldn't take my card so I was forced to use another card. I called back to make sure these authorization charges would be dropped, and after waiting on hold for an hour I finally spoke to someone for the third time who told me the charges would be dropped. Today, I have found that the charges finished processing on BOTH cards and that I have been charged for both orders. Still on hold, min. 33, and haven't been able speak to anyone and have sent an email. Hire more people or let me speak to a manager!!!

Original review: Nov. 30, 2019

Hi, I have been a loyal customer of Disney toys for nearly 10 years. I spend thousands on these toys for my kids and others' kids. But lately I have noticed a lot of false advertising and inaccurate statements regarding your products. Recently I took my kids to the Disney store in Manhattan and bought them 2 Spiderman webshooters which were for supposed to be for kids 3+. My kids were so excited to play with these the following day. After returning to Boston my kids ripped open the boxes only to be disappointed because everything was way too large, even for my 8 yr old! This is unacceptable. I spent a lot of money and my kids were still disappointed. Disney is all about money now and one way they are maximizing their revenue is by exaggerating age limits on the toys. Thanks, Disappointed customer.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2019

On November 2, 2019 I placed an order with shopDisney.com. I received a confirmation of that order the same night. The website stated 4-5 business days for shipping. On Nov. 7, I was shipped one item from my order. The email stated the other items would be shipped separately (4 other items). I received the one item on Nov. 12. On Nov. 13, 7 business days after placing the order, I called customer service. I had not received any further communications regarding the items I ordered and they all should have been shipped by that point.

On this first phone call, I was told that there were shipping delays due to the sales and the holidays. She stated that there were no issues with my order and that it was in "paper" processing. She could not tell me how long it would take for it to make it to actual shipping. She said to call back two days later if I still had no email saying it had shipped.

I called back two days later stating I still had not received any communication about shipping and that my credit card had not been charged either, which she said would not happen until it shipped. This person told me the same story, it was being processed and shipping was delayed. She stated nothing was wrong with the order. I asked to speak to a supervisor. There was not one available so she took my phone number and said one would call me within a "few" minutes. This is 5 days later, and I still have heard from no one.

I made my 3rd phone call 20 minutes ago. I received 3 emails today. One saying one item had been shipped, and the other two telling me that due to high demand my items were no longer available. My credit card has been charged the full amount of the order, even when they only shipped one item. I asked to speak to a supervisor again. I was told again that one was not available and she instant messaged my phone number to someone who would call me back soon. I'm still waiting while I type this review.

I am so disappointed with shopDisney. I have ordered from them many times and had true Disney customer service. This time, I feel lied to and manipulated. I feel stolen from, as they knew they did not ship my items but charged my account anyway. Now I must wait 3-5 business days to get my credit, while they make money off of my money. This is BAD business and HORRIBLE customer service. Their agents seem trained in beating around the bush and giving pat answers they know are untrue. I will be spending my money elsewhere and not on shopdisney.com! Shame on them!

Original review: Nov. 17, 2019

I was trying to purchase a limited edition item and the website was having issues. Disney charged my bank account for 2 of them (I was only trying to get one). I have no confirmation email and it doesn't appear in my order history. They processed two pending charges using my debit card for almost $300. I don't have access to my own money until 3-5 business days when it drops off. I can't believe companies are legally allowed to do this when they have sold out of the item and will not be getting anymore in stock since it is a limited edition. I was not the only one this happened to On their store page other comments can be read about this as well on their FB page. People were being charged anywhere from 2 times to 15 times. Basically customer service just tells you tough luck and you'll just have to wait until it drops off.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2019

Disney is fantastic. Their movies, parks, and merchandise are so much fun. I wish they would make their theme parks less expensive. Even their less expensive hotels are becoming too expensive for the average family. I used to stay at the Polynesian Village in the '80's, but the price per night now is insane.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2019

Disney is a great company that provides tons of entertainment from cartoons to superheroes to theme parks. I'm especially looking forward to their streaming service which I will definitely get eventually.

Disney Company Information