1.00/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Last updated: Feb. 9, 2016

24 Cosco Baby Swings Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: Feb. 9, 2016

My daughter got a swing and it hasn't even been used a handful of times and the motor went out. She's a newborn and doesn't even weigh 8lb. There is no reason it should've gone out. Was hoping the company would replace the motor!

Original review: Aug. 17, 2013

We received this as a gift last year. It did not swing strong enough to sooth our granddaughter therefore it was not used. When our grandson arrived (last month), we again tried the swing. It worked for a few days. I replaced the batteries, but it still will not swing. He weighs only 9 pounds. What a waste of money! Do not get this item.

Get expert buying tips about Kids Toys and Products delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2013

In July 2012, we received a Cosco Gentle Motions Beginnings Swing. It was a hand me down and worked great when we started using it in September. It's now February 2013 and that swing started slowing down so bad, we threw it out. My son is now only 15 lbs. and the swing at his grandma's is doing the same thing, and it's newer. We bought a brand new Sway n Play 2 days ago to replace our old one, and it barely moves at all on the highest setting. The weight limit is 25 lbs. It also makes a rubbing noise where the motorized arm meets the casing. This is a $60 swing. It should not suck like this.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2012

This swing is useless! Bought brand new, worked fine. Put baby in it and it worked for about half an hour and stopped. Take baby out and it works fine. She is 6 weeks. No way she should be too big! Attempting to contact the company directly.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2011

We bought this swing at a yard sale for $30.00 when we got it home it worked fine. Then we put our granddaughter in it. It swung for about 3 minutes, and then it stopped working. So we started it back up and it just kept doing this. I have been told by other parents that these swings are absolutely worthless and I agree. I wouldn’t have another one if it was given to us straight from the factory. I put it out in the yard for a lawn ornament; it might work better for that.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cosco Car Seats?

Original review: Nov. 11, 2011

Cosco Sway and Swing is the most unsafe baby accessory I have ever seen. It wobbles and is very unsturdy to the point that I would not even put my grandson in it at all, not even for a second. When you named it Sway and Swing you named it good . It sways from side to side from lack of sturdiness. This should be removed from the market at once.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2010

I bought this swing in August but didn't really start using it until the end of October. Even with the speed turned all the way up, the thing barely moves. I've made sure the legs were spread apart and have even changed the batteries in it twice now, thinking they were bad. I don't have the receipt for it any longer or I would take it back to the store I bought it from and spend the money on a better product.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2010

My mother-in-law bought this swing for my daughter. Went to put her in it. Was very unstable, wobbles too much and just seems cheap. Will never buy any product of or from Cosco again. This is the worst swing ever. Bad for babies. I want my money back. I think with a bad experience with any product people should be entitled for a free good stable product from the vendors who made and or sold it.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2010

My mother bought my husband and I a swing model number 53119AAA for my son who was born June 2010.This product is absolutely horrible. First of all it is missing so many snap ons that you can even out it together all the way. Second of all, even if it was able to be put together, it is so unstable, that even if it were able to be all the way put together, it would break! Never again will I ever get another Cosco product.

Original review: June 16, 2010

I purchased one of the Cosco gentle 5 speed swings and it is making an awful grinding noise. So it's like I spent that money for nothing. We can't use the item and I called the store and they will not take it back because it's like 4 months old and I don't have a receipt. I think it's just awful. I really feel Cosco should do a recall and see what is wrong with this item. I will not purchase another Cosco product. No physical damage, but the baby did like his swing. He needs to wait till I can afford another one.

Original review: May 8, 2010

I bought Cosco Gental Motion swing and I'm not happy with it. It ate batteries and I did not use cheap ones. Then the switch would not stay working. I would have to restart it several times before it would stay swinging. So, I exchanged it for another one of the same thing, but after getting it together I noticed a grinding noise when I started it up. I returned!

Original review: March 25, 2010

My little grandson was in Costco beginning swing with 5 speeds. Thank God the swing was not swinging, his arm was caught. I ran and got it out. If he was swinging, that swing would have broken his arm. Someone should do something about this. His arm turned really red and he cried for a few minutes.

Original review: March 5, 2010

We bought a Cosco gentle motion swing for our daughter. It's making a grinding noise, doesn't sit right, and won't swing. We have gone through 12 batteries within a week!

Original review: July 9, 2009

I went through 12 D (4 batteries at a time) batteries in 2 weeks! This will not shut off. It continues to run and waste batteries. Do not buy this product. It is supposed to have 5 speeds. There is no difference in the speeds. I am so irate over this and the money that I lost. Want to complain to the manufacturer? 1-800-544-1108.

Original review: April 9, 2009

I bought the Cosco Gentle Motion Swing in December 2008 for my daughter who was a preemie. She only weighed 5 lbs at the time. She is now only 11 pounds and the swing makes a grinding noise and will not swing. I have put new batteries in it and thought that maybe that was the case and it wasn't. It simply doesn't work anymore. I spent $70.00 on this swing. I am out of work, and my husband is only working $30 a week. We cannot afford to get a new swing and are out the $70.00 we used to buy a swing that only lasted 4 months. This is crazy; I’m calling the company tomorrow.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2008 I purchased the Cosco Beginnings Gentle Motion 5 speed swing on 11/29/2008. A week after using it, it started slowing down, not swinging at all, or not even turning on. So I bought new batteries. Seemed to work, but then a week later, same thing. Now, 12/26/2008, not even a month after buying it, and again, putting brand new batteries in it today, it doesn't work at all. And my son is only 11 lbs. I will never buy another Cosco product again.
Original review: March 26, 2008

I purchased a Cosco Beginnings Gentle Motion Swing in February of 2008 and it is now mid March of 2008.It is making grinding sounds when turned on and at times doesn't work. My daughter's only weighs 13 pounds and it is stated on the box up to 25 pounds.

My husband and I have twin daughter's and also 2 older children. We are now out a swing and Sixty dollars. We cannot afford to purchase another swing. I will never purchase another Cosco item again.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2008

The motion swing was fine, it was giving to me for a shower gift in Sept. I started using in October of 2007 and now it makes a squeaking news when in motion, making my son not want to settle or sleep as the noise is distracting him. It also has trouble keeping up with itself.

No swing to use and many many sets of batteries.

Original review: May 7, 2007

I am complaining about the Cosco Gentle Motion five-speed swing. It was hard to put together. The instructions were vague; the parts were not labeled or marked. Now that I have it put together, the swing barely moves. It does not have five speeds, just one very slow. We will never purchase this product line ever. We bought it because it was the only one in the store. Walmart had three kinds but was sold out of the others. Thank you for your time.

Original review: May 5, 2007

My son-in-law bought a Costco baby swing in January. My granddaughter was born in December. They just started putting the baby in the swing. It was used 4 or 5 times, and it quit. My daughter bought new batteries, and it still didn't work. My daughter also contacted the company, but it has not received any response from them at all.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2007

I bought a Cosco Baby Swing in November of last year. It is only February and the motor doesn't work. My daughter is barely 15lbs.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2006

I purchased a new Cosco Juvenile,2 Speed,Beginnings Gentle Motion Swing in September of this year for my new grandson. He weighed 7# at that time. He was in it a approximately 5 times,total 25 minutes. It stopped working right after that, i purchased brand new batteries and it still wouldn't work. Within 30 minutes we could smell something burning, it was coming from the swing. I touched the swings battery/motor area and the plastic was very hot. on/off button wouldn't work,so just took the batteries out. Tried to get hold of company without any luck.

Loss of cost of brand new swing,cost of two sets of batteries and having too purchase another swing. Also, filled up my house with very toxic smelling fumes, which we all inhaled,including my newborn grandson. Could have very easily become a fire hazard.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2005

I purchased a Cosco Gentle Motion Swing at Target for my 3 month old infant. I have used several different batteries in it and tried all positions that swing will allow. It makes a horrible noise and hardly swings at all on either speed! It is the worst swing, let alone a baby item, I have ever purchased and I have 3 children. I no longer have my receipt for the swing and cannot take it back so I am out like $40.00 and still don't have a usable swing. I will never purchase a Cosco baby product again. I was very disappointed. I will stick with Graco.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2004

My two and a half month old was in our Cosco swing and at the top, there is a plastic piece that snapped in two and my son was in it as it fell!

Cosco Baby Swings Company Information