Cosco Strollers

Compare Strollers

Research top Strollers recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I bought my daughter the Minnie Mouse combo stroller and car seat. We used the stroller and it was horrible trying to fold it up. You had to lean way down and pull these levers and then it might not even work. It also when I was trying to collapse it. Came down real fast and pinched my arm. I have this huge bruise on my arm. Doesn't sound like a very safe product to me.

Worst experience ever. This is the second stroller I have from Cosco. The first time I bought it had to exchange it 3 months later because the wheel was coming off and it was squeaking loud. Now this one that I received from the exchange the car seat handle is wiggling, tires squeaking again and the straps from just sitting my child in the stroller just burn his leg. The cord goes to the side if he moves. I want my money back. Please. My child is 6 months - he needs a car seat and stroller.

I bought a Cosco umbrella stroller at Walmart, and on first time using it one of the wheels wiggled right off! I took it back to Walmart to exchange it, and the second one is not much better. I get stuck everywhere even on very smooth surfaces such as the mall and it is extremely frustrating. I don't even want to go back and get a 3rd one. I'll cut my losses and go with a better brand.

My mom purchased a Costco stroller from Walmart for my baby. On more than one occasion, this stroller has pinched my baby's arm. It left a rather large mark on her that bled and took about a week to heal. The other marks weren't as bad, but this stroller is supposed to be safe for a baby. I am quite angry actually that my baby was hurt by this stroller. I have now cut a pool noodle and placed it over the sides of the stroller so that it can't pinch her anymore. I should not have had to do this.

This product was designed for babies and should be safe for them. I should never have to hear the screams and cries out of her just for taking her for a walk. I will not recommend this stroller to anyone. I even stopped someone I saw at McDonald’s with the same stroller and asked her how she liked it. She said that her baby's arm got caught in it a few times. She only has the stroller because she can't afford another one at the time. I suggested the pool noodle to her as well. I sure hope she tried it.

I bought this set and the straps keep coming loose on the car seat. I have to check it every time I go out and a lot of times put the straps back in the contraption. I just bought it in Oct. 2011.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cosco?

I purchased the Cosco Sprint Travel System in Dec.2010 and my son is now 10 months old. I have never had a single problem with this product. Yeah, the stroller itself needs to be pushed with both hands because if you try with one the stroller decides to go wherever it wants but besides that I loved it. It's so small and compact it fits in the trunk of my C240 with my boyfriend's subwoofer, which practically takes up the entire trunk, no kidding.

On Monday August 1st 2011 me and my 10 month old daughter were walking around down by our price chopper and i was pushing her in my cosco stroller that i have, out of nowhere the stroller broke as if i was to fold it up, when this happened my daughter was sitting in it and her hand got caught in it, her hand got cut and it was twice its size so i took pictures of it and brought her to the doctors luckly its not broken and no serious damage but would like something to be done about this.

Four months ago ,I received a Cosco travel system. I used it for the first time when my son came home in June and the axles are off. When I put him in the car seat and attach it to the stroller, I can barely push it. Even when I use just the stroller itself, the stroller does whatever it wants to. I have no other stroller and I can't use a stroller with wheels all messed up. I push it down the street and the wheels hit the curb, grass, you name it, when the stroller itself is straight. I walk everywhere and I can't not have a stroller. My son has hit his head on the side of it and got bruises and scratches. He has almost fallen out when in the car seat attached to it. The bar has snapped off.

I received a Cosco Emily Collection Baby Travel System as a gift at my baby shower and I have used it a few times and I was pushing it with the car seat attached as you can do and it tipped with my child in it. Thank god she was not hurt but it did scare her! I myself feel this stroller is very unsafe and should be taken off the market.

My mother went to pull our Cosco umbrella stroller out of the trunk and went to pop it open. It must have had her thumb in the hinges because it pinched her so bad that she required 15 stitches in two different locations!

My child was in the stroller and the front right wheel broke off. Luckily my child was not harmed. This stroller was fairly new. I will not buy another Cosco or Geoby product again. That was $50.00 wasted!

I was getting ready to go to a parade. I took out my stroller, put my daughter in, and locked the wheels. I had parked it on the curb which was basically flat. When I turned to put a bag in my car the stroller had rolled just enough forward to fall off the curb and tip over with my daughter still inside. It was on its side and I had a hard time picking it back up. My daughter received a bruise to her face because the bar to the canopy popped out of place and hit her by her eye, she also received a scrape on her arm, and the handmade blanket she was given when she was born tore because it got caught in the wheel.

I received a Cosco Travel System Baby Stroller as a gift October 2009. The stroller has not been used a lot because the wheel is unsafe. The wheels wobble and one of the wheels in particular is a hazard and has collapsed with my baby in the stroller. My son is now 6 months. My stroller collapsed with my son in it.

I received a Costco stroller for my baby shower about seven months ago and have just recently been using it. This stroller has nothing but problems. First of all, it does not steer correctly at all. Secondly, I was walking with my daughter using this stroller and it collapsed while we were walking! I had the stroller locked perfectly and did everything correctly. It pinched my daughter's leg and practically folded her in half! I was very upset and scared for my daughter's safety. Products such as these should never have problems of this sort and I am very disgusted with Costco for not maintaining a safe product especially when it concerns infants and children. Not only is the steering problem unsafe and aggravating, the entire product is to say the least unsatisfactory.

I have a Cosco stroller, the "Emily" edition. I recently have experienced the stroller unlocking and collapsing while I 'm pushing my 8 week old daughter. She was in her car seat strapped in and when it collapsed. I had to take her out and the whole stroller collapsed. She hasn't received any injuries and I will not wait until she does. I'm going to purchase a new stroller, one with a better reputation.

We purchased a Cosco stroller for our child a year ago at Kmart. Because of the Graco stroller recall related to amputation of children's fingers, we recalled the baby crying a few times when we put down the sun shade. When we looked at the hinge and tested it using a piece of carrot, it chopped the tip right off the carrot. We have removed the sun shade to prevent injury to the baby.

I bought a baby stroller 29.99 in which don't roll very well at all and now the so called saftey strap pinched my girls leg bad enough to give a blood blister. I think for 30.00 dollars it shoudln't hurt your child. Saftey is very important but hurting them doing it could be prevented. I have three baby's money is tight and have my kids cry because of some cheap snap giving her a blood blister isn't right sorry I'm so angry but get it right I know theres better snaps out there than that.

blood blister and jolting around because of small whells

stroller collapses and I've only just bought it. the first couple times I thought that I didn't lock it, now I realize that it just doesn't stay locked open. It collapses while I am pushing my son around and is dangerous.

none yet, I won't give it a chance.

We received a Cosco Umbrella stroller as a gift a year ago and began using it about 3 months ago. Today on a walk from the park the stroller collapsed on my 1 year old son and sliced his thumb. As we were a quarter mile from home it was a terrible, bloody, screaming mess. I would not use this product again.

As far as I can tell my son's skin has been sliced off of his thumb completely.

I have a Cosco stroller by Geoby and it collapsed today with my six-month old daughter in it causing her to hit head first into the dirt. I have seen a complaint similar to this and wonder why you are still manufacturing these strollers if they are causing such a problem. Baby gear is supposed to be safe for the infants to ride in and everything else. Can you tell me how this is safe?

Today's date is July 19, 2007. I'm currently living on Yokosuka, Japan navy base, being my husband is in the navy. We have 2 sons. Just 2 weeks ago, my husband and I needed another affordable lightweight stroller for my 17-month-old baby. So we purchased the Soria Convenience Stroller by Cosco. It's baby blue in color. We made this purchase at our local Navy Exchange in Yokosuka, Japan here on our navy base. It was a whopping bargain of $29.99.

Well, the first day I used it, I should've heeded the warning. The front wheels began shaking fast every time I pushed it with my baby in it. I then quickly moved to a smoother cement pathway. Still, it's the same thing. I tried it on the grass. Still, it's the same thing. So, I blamed it on my husband (in a respectful manner) and kindly asked him if he could re-do the wheels. He did and said it was already tightened. Other mothers on my base told me to take it back. But we needed this stroller, because we had to go off base to Tokyo, Japan by train to do errands.

Now just 2 days ago, July 17, 2007, I popped my baby in this stroller. I had needed to pick my 6-year-old from summer school here on our base. The walk is just a 2-minute walk. The path we strolled on was a smooth cemented walkway. Lo and behold, the front wheels began shaking once again. I stopped. I checked the wheels, and it seemed fine. I checked to see if there were any debris on the pathway (cracks, rocks, etc.), and there were none. So, I continued to walk.

The front wheels again began to shake crazy again! In that split second, it felt as if I stepped on the brakes (Of course, I didn't.). In that split second, the stroller tripped me, & at the same time this stroller with my baby in it flipped forward, causing my baby to have a whiplash. In that split second, I became a heroic mom where I twisted my body to lunge forward to save my baby from slamming face down on the cement! Instead, both this stroller and my baby fell on me. I was crying for help, and I was in pain.

Some lady heard my plea for help but just stood there shocked. No one came to my aid. As a mom, I just got up limping & hugged my baby. He was in frozen shock that I had a hard time snapping him out of it! This was his favorite stroller. I had to pick my self up while limping to get my 6-year-old from school. I was in pain, so I kept my baby in the stroller. This time, I was aware.

That very evening, my husband and I returned this stroller back to our Navy Exchange here on our Yokosuka, Japan base. The manager was open about us bringing it back without a receipt. I felt we need to voice out to this store what happened to me and my baby. The manager just handed me our refund in a gift card. She also gave me product complaint form to fill out. I thanked her so much! With that refund, my husband and I went forth and purchased a safer-looking lightweight stroller from Graco.

Then on July 18, 2007, the Navy Exchange store manager and loss prevention manager contacted me to inform me they would contact the buyer and make a report on what happened. They asked me "Is there anything more we can do for you?" I told them no. They told me to also contact Cosco and tell them what happened to me. Hopefully, my incident will give voice to pull this product off the market, as they told me.

I bought this system at Target in 2003 which has only a 90-day warranty. My mom and I were at the mall with my daughter in the infant car seat which hooks into the stroller. As we were shopping, the whole front end of the stroller's wheels fell off in a million pieces which made the stroller tip forward. Thank God my mom was pushing the stroller, so she was holding on to the handle but the stroller still tipped forward enough to jolt my daughter from sleeping. So, I called Target. They only have a 90-day warranty for their merchandise. They said to contact the manufacturer. So, I called and told them what happened and the lady basically said, "Well, what do you want me to do about it?"

"Well, if Target doesn't do anything, and you don't want to do anything," I said, "I will contact someone who will." I went through 3 people before they said they would send me a new front and back set of wheels, which how would I know if it was the same thing I already had. I received it in the mail about three weeks later. Then, the canopy of the stroller has completely come unscrewed and fell off. I called back and they said to put new screws in it. I'm just fed up with all the B.S. I have had to deal with the merchandise and the company. Then, I just found another recall on here for the harness of the infant car seat I have. I will never buy a another Eddie Bauer/Cosco product and I will make sure my none of my family and friends do.

My parents bought me a cosco stroller/ car seat for my baby shower about 2 years ago and we rarely used it but I had my second child in October and we planned on using it for him. This past Sunday we got the car seat out and was just going to put it on top of the stroller to see how it did since we had never used it like that before.Well, it went fine until we were through shopping and was heading back to the vehicle and was going to take the car seat out but we couldnt.

The stroller didnt unlatch at all. We tried for about 30 minutes to get it undone while my son was still in the car seat. We finally just had to take him out of the car seat and put the whole thing attached in the back seat and drive home with it like that.The next day we looked at it and saw that it wasn't unlatching the car seat and wasn't any way for us to use it like that unless the company fixed it since it is obvious it is the manufacturer error.

I bought an Eddie Bauer tandem stroller from Target and I've had it about 3 months now. This stroller is dangerous! My 2.5 year old got her body wedged out of the side in the back seat, in the opening next to the leg area. She was stuck so bad and screaming at the mall. I had to pull her body down and out and then she got stuck with her arms above her head. I had to ease her arms out one after the other and then found her head didn't fit through! I was panicking and she was screaming bloody murder. The only way to get her out was to force her head out. It left a scratch on her head and pulled out some of her hair. Her back was all scraped up and bruised from trying to free herself once she realized she was trapped. She was so frightened from having her head stuck in there she now refuses to ride in the stupid thing and I don't blame her. My daughter bit her tongue, scraped and bruised her back, and cut her scalp and removed hair. She is so traumatized by it she won't go anywhere near the stroller.

I have the cosco ride umbrella stroller, which I purchased last year and just started using it this year, being my daughter was too young at the time. I had put my daughter in her car seat than proceeded to fold up the stroller and lift it to put it in the car when the complete stroller closed on both my hands and locked as well. Thank God I had someone there to help it took a good 10 minutes to release the lock which caused numbness and bruised my fingers.

The more we tried to release to open it the tighter it got. I cannot help to think what wouldve happen if my car was running and my daughter was alone and no one there was to help us! Very Scary and very painful

Bruised fingers on both hands as well as numbness for a few days

My mother bought me a Cosco tandem stroller from Target after my 2nd daughter was born. One day, while we were taking a walk, the stroller's left back wheels just popped off. Luckily, she had saved the box, so I returned the stroller to Target, and they gave me a replacement. The model style had changed, but the price was the same. ($89.99) However, now the bars that lock in place seem to be bent, and the stroller won't open or close as normal. As I have read, several people seem to be experiencing these same problems.

Even though I saved the second box, and my receipt, it has been longer than 90 days since my purchase, so if I return the stroller to Target, I will only get 25% of what the stroller actually cost. Target no longer sells that stroller, and they can only give me the lowest clearance price in their computers ($21.24). I want to trade it in for a different brand, because I no longer trust Cosco. There is no use contacting the manufacturer, because from what I have read, they are unhelpful.

We bought our son a umbrella stroller to match his playpen however the third time we used it he was able to push down on the foot rest strap hard enough to tear it loose from the frame. I assumed it was just a simple repair, however the company told me that it was impossible for that to have happened and informed me that they don't carry the strap as a replacement part! Now the stroller is of no use and my sons shoes are ruined as well from dragging on the cement!

We had to stop using the stroller because his feet get stuck underneath it.

I've had my Cosco stroller for about 2.5 years..... it's been really good. It was purchased at Walmart in Jan of 2003. Just today as I was walking home from school with my daughter (now nearly 3) the back wheel popped off. What i thought was popping off seemed to be a clean break with the back rod that holds the 2 back wheels..... it broke inside the wheel holder. There is no chance of fixing it, and replacing the stroller is next to not going to happen. I am a single parent and a student, i cannot afford to fork out another $180.00 for a stroller. I am unable to even find if it could be covered under warranty...... This is the best site i've found so far as to tell someone what happened....

I have a 2-year old daughter and a 4-month old daughter. My 4-month old was 12 weeks premature, so she is physically very much like a 1-month old baby. We have just started walking in the evenings, and my 2-year old likes to ride in the umbrella stroller. Tonight, we went walking and about half way through the walk, the stroller collapsed and folded in on my daughter. My 4-month old rides in a Snugli facing my chest. When the stroller collapsed, my 4-month old and I toppled over my 2-year old. I caught my 4-month old just in time before she fell out of the Snugli. If she had come out, she would have surely been injured very seriously, possibly even fatally because she would have landed on the top of her head. My 2-year old was scraped up pretty good, but she was okay. I have not yet gotten a hold of anyone about this, and it doesn't sound like much use, but I am extremely angry because of the potential damage that could have taken place. The stroller is ruined, of course, and has locked up on itself.

I placed my three month old into the Spirit Travel System's stroller (model # 01938) to hang out laundry. We had never used the stroller to take her for walks before, so when the plastic clip that locks her in place initially popped back out, I thought nothing more than it was new. I pushed it in again and it clicked. Within five minutes she had fallen face first onto the crushed rocks beneath her. The clip released! She slid off the slippery material and right under the snack tray, bounced off from the foot rest and landed face down. Had she been any larger, her head would have been caught in between the stroller and snack tray. I was sick over this and after calling her doctor I was urged to call Dorel Juvenile Group. They were condescending! They said, "She is too little to be in that stroller." Then why is it not marked as so? Besides, the issue is not with her size but the effectiveness of this clip to perform. She weighs 13 lbs.

In the process of this conversation, I find out I do not even have a car seat anymore because the seat that is sold with this system had been recalled because the straps loosen! They'll send me a repair kit. I said no, I want it all taken back and some more tests done on this stroller. This is a very popular system and I see babies in them daily. I was never alerted of the recall and I am on file with them. Walmart sells this product for $100 and continues to do so. In a rural area like my own, everyone has this system because it is affordable, yet it is highly unsafe.

Dorel Juvenile Group continues to give me the runaround and the product technician's voice mail. They promised to refund the entire purchase price but I am still waiting. It had been over two weeks and I have called three times to follow up. This seat and stroller need to be pulled from the market and the product technician needs to sit at her desk and actually respond to the phone calls that come in. Please do not put your children in this system. Pull the straps when they are in it, they will probably loosen right up and definitely beware of the "safe stroller." I am still without an infant seat and my daughter had several bruises on her head from the incident with the stroller.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Cosco was founded over 70 years ago, as the Columbus Specialty Company. They make all types of baby gear, including car seats, play yards, high chairs and strollers. Their travel systems and umbrella strollers are available at several major retailers in store and online.

• Budget friendly: Cosco strollers range in price from $19 to $170, making them an ideal choice for parents who are on a budget. Their umbrella strollers are the least expensive, and they have travel systems starting at $129.99
  • Wide availability: Cosco strollers are sold at major retailers around the world, and consumers can buy them online or in store. They are not sold directly through the Cosco website, but the website does offer specific information on each of their stroller models to help consumers narrow down their options.
  • Updated safety notices: Cosco regularly updates their website with safety notices relevant to baby and children products sold in the United States and Canada. These safety notices are not limited to just Cosco products. They include safety recalls and hazards from different brands.
  • Lift and fold features: Several of Cosco’s strollers are lightweight, making them easy to lift and fold in one simple step. Lift and fold travel systems can also include a lightweight car seat, which is easy to move in and out of the car.
  • Wish list: Register for a free account on Cosco’s website and start your own wish list. Use your wish list to let friends and family members know which items you want as a gift, or use the wish list feature to keep track of which items you love.
  • Best for Cosco strollers are best for budget-conscious parents and those needing an umbrella stroller and/or travel system.

Compare Strollers