Cosco Car Seats

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

Cosco Car Seats

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

Cosco Car Seats Reviews

Original review: Dec. 22, 2018

The two metal pieces will not stay in the crotch buckle. Slightest pull and they pop right out. Is it a defective product? It was a gift from out of state and the sender has since passed so I do not have a receipt for it. What can I do?

Original review: Aug. 14, 2015

I bought a Disney Baby Apt 40RF Convertible Car Seat and I am having trouble getting the lap belt to release. If there were an emergency I'm afraid I couldn't get it undone. Is anyone else having issues with this buckle? Is there a recall for it?

Get expert buying tips about Car Seats delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
      Original review: July 21, 2015

I had purchased the Cosco sprinter infant travel and from day one it has been a pain in the butt. Never mind having to go out and buy a different car seat for in the car after using it with my son for 3 weeks because it doesn't fully click into the base and is very unsafe for car rides. God forbid I got into an accident, that car seat would fly out, but the stroller itself is a pain to open. The handle is placed in a weird spot to open it and is always a hassle, but yesterday when I went to unlock it my finger got smashed in between the bars and now my finger nail is a nice purple bruise underneath.

This is not the first time I have gotten hurt with this stroller and since I see it not being the last I will now have to go buy another stroller. To pay 170$ plus shipping so 203$ for a travel system that I could only use the car seat for 3 weeks (which thank God I noticed you could still pull up the seat out of the base even if you heard a "click" noise before anything happened to my son) and a stroller for 9 weeks before having to go buy a whole new system is absolutely ridiculous. And there should be something done to fix both problems before a child or anyone else gets hurt.

I sent them an email about it 2 weeks ago. Got an answer asking for the model numbers, and no response after I sent it to them. Today I used the stroller again and it got my finger so hard that I believe I broke the tip of my finger. It is so swollen and black and blue. I can't even move it. This product is going to hurt somebody. Thank God it was my finger and not my 2 year old's that was right next to me. It needs to be recalled.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2010

I bought a Cosco car seat and stroller travel package and only used it a few times. And yesterday, I used it because my son was sleeping and he woke up and my mama picked him up and right after that it collapsed in the store. And I picked it up and got it standing again and put him back in it. It was fine. We got to the car and I went to move it backwards to pick my son up and it collapsed again and my son was in it. Thank God, he was okay but they seriously need to test these things better because that's our children and mainly infants that were trusting in their products in putting out a good product. And the car seat that come with the stroller had a recall a few months ago.

Original review: April 14, 2010

I purchased the Cosco Seneca car seat 22-120-WAL, L#15B121042. I first emailed them requesting a new cup-holder since the one that we had, was broken. They alerted me that my son's seat was included in a recall for the harness and promptly sent me a new one and charged me for the cup holder. The cup-holder broke the first day. We've used the replacement belt with the seat for the last 8months or so and the harness just started loosening on its own.

I went to pull the strap tight and then pulled on each belt at his shoulders and it pulled completely out. I repeated this several times and made sure that the belt had locked into place, it still came out. I pulled the top of the harness to simulate me slamming on the brakes and it pulled right out! My 3yr old child could have been ejected from my car. I couldn't believe that I had been driving around like that unknowingly! How many other parents don't know this about their Cosco car seat! I've just sent them another email and purchased another car seat. I hope that they will look further into this situation. We will not use this seat again. No damage, I caught this soon enough, thank God!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cosco Car Seats?

Original review: March 22, 2009

Nothing really happened. Just the seat cover has started ripping and I need a new one. I've looked all over the internet trying to find one and this is what I ended up with. So maybe you can help me. Thank you, and I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2009

I am having no luck with help solving this problem that happened twice now... This is my story.... I have an Infant car seat, the Cosco Scenera Convertible Car Seat - Sandy Hill is the exact name of the

car seat i have. where the harness strap goes onto the yoke(i believe thats the name for the metal thing on the back). The straps came off of my childs seat there twice and we did not even loosen them or nothing. I saw other car seats that have new rubber caps for the car seats that go on the yoke that keeps the straps secure. This should be done for your carseats also..
      Original review: Aug. 30, 2008

We got a stroller car seat combo as a present when my son was born. It worked great for a month or two. At first I noticed the straps were becoming loose frequently, but I would adjust them and think nothing more of it. However, when the problem continued and gradually got worse I realized there was a serious problem.

We finally had to go out and buy another car seat after I went to get him out a few times and the straps were completely loosened from there holders and laying in the seat. My son enjoyed the extra freedom from the straps, but I shudder to think what could have happened if we had been involved in an accident during one of these incidents. My husband and I will never buy another cosco product.

Original review: June 16, 2008

the info off carseat #1 is: model # 22-120-WAL L# 15B 007156 manufacture date: 04/15/05

the info off carseat #2 is: model # 22-120-POL L# 14C 059325 manufacture date: 12/07/05

The above carseats have large elastic loops that attach the fabric cover to the seat. These loops are located by the child's head when seated. My three year old son pulled one loop over his head and had it wrapped tightly around his neck. I was so lucky that I caught it fast enough that all I found is a panicked toddler.

I have been contacting Cosco and receiving no help- their company even claims to have a repair kit, but I haven't been able to get one of those either. At this point, I just want new carseats, but they refuse to recall them. I have talked to two other people whose children have become tangled in the elastic loops.

Thankfully, I caught it fast enough, so my son was just scared- not injured.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2007

Seriously, I cut the palm of my right hand moving the Costco car seat (model 22123-bvl), moving from one auto to another. The seat has two sharp, pointy (duh!) plastic retainers on the bottom. It's very dangerous! I cannot work today due to a deep cut in my right hand.

Cosco Car Seats expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Cosco Kids is a Columbus, Indiana based company formerly known as Columbus Specialty Company. Founded over 70 years ago, it specializes in infant and toddler gear, including high chairs, play yards and more. It offers affordable and highly rated car seats for babies and children at every stage.

• Options for every stage: Cosco offers budget-friendly infant seats, convertible car seats, combination booster seats and belt-positioning boosters to be used from birth until your child no longer requires a car seat, around 8 years of age.

• Infant seat features: Cosco’s infant car seats are available in the Light ‘N Comfy DX and Light ‘N Comfy LX models. They hold babies from 4 to 22 pounds using a secure five-point harness.

• Travel systems: Cosco offers the Lift & Stroll Travel System, which includes an infant car seat and stroller. The car seat can snap onto the stroller in a rear-facing position, and when the baby outgrows the infant car seat, the stroller can be used for children up to 50 pounds.

• Warranty: Every Cosco car seat is warranted for a year after purchase. Cosco guarantees it will be free of workmanship and material defects. You can call a Consumer Care Representative to make a claim on your car seat’s warranty.

• Helpful website: Cosco’s website features information like car seat expiration dates, user manuals, recall information, installation information and more. You can also use the site to contact customer service.

• Retail partners: Cosco baby gear is available for purchase at many major retailers including Walmart, Babies R Us, Toys R Us, buybuy BABY, Target, Amazon.com, KMart, Sears, Bed Bath & Beyond and Kohl’s.

• Best for: budget- and safety-conscious parents or guardians.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs