Cosco

Compare Children's Toys

Research top Children's Toys recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I am writing this review to share my experience with the Cosco Highchair I bought. This chair was easy to put together and has always worked fine. Nothing has broken on it and we have been using it to feed my son for the better part of a year. It certainly is not ideal for little babies, but my son has sat fine in it since he was roughly 6 months old.

That being said, Cosco clearly did not have parents and children in mind when they designed and manufactured this product. There is no feasible way to clean it, something that any parent would understand is necessary for a baby product from time to time. We have wiped it down the best we are able several times over the past few months, but that really doesn't do much to keep it from getting covered in food debris. There are a lot of what I deem to be, unnecessary grooves and nooks where food gets stuck and collects until it rots.

Today I could not take it anymore, I decided I was going to clean it not matter what the hassle. After removing 7 screws, pulling buckles through slots that barely fit through, using a toothpick in all of the grooves and nooks to remove food debris, wiping it down with Lysol cloths every which way you can imagine, and slicing open the bottom of the seat with a knife to remove the pressed wood seat base I am finally waiting for my washing machine to do the hard part of the job. I can only hope that it is easier to put back together.

My only thought on this product is that it was designed to be such a burden to clean that it would be easier to throw away and buy another, something that Cosco would be happy to benefit from. I don't know that I have ever bought anything else from Cosco before, but being that nothing has stuck out over the years of raising 4 children that I remember being amazing from this company, I can guarantee I will never buy anything Cosco again.

I cannot stand this highchair starting with the way my daughter slouches in it. She cannot sit up straight in it no matter how much I adjust her! Also the entire family trips over the base. We'd fold it but that's also a huge pain! We have to stuff towels around the baby for her to sit straight and eat. Terrible high chair! She has to pull herself up to eat.

I got their bouncy seat car, seat stroller, and play yard - each items I used just once or twice and I had to replace due to breaking! The play yard pins in the bottom ripped holes in the bottom liner! My baby was 2 months old flipping the bouncy seat! Each item all used 1-2 times! I'm mad they look nice but not safe for my baby! I received all these as baby gifts from my mother! I love the colors! It was beautiful until my play yard ripped the stroller doesn't hold her tight the only item that worked well was the car seat!

The front bars in the high chair are dangerous for children. My grandson always gets stuck in between the two bars, causing him to get bruised. It takes two people to get him free. Also, he gets his feet hung under the straddle bar that has a two-inch gap between bar and seat. We had to deal with numerous bruises and scratches on his hands and feet due to these issues. Plus, it leans too far back for a small child learning to eat properly. We bought a new high chair of different brand because of these issues. I would like a refund for the high chair and be glad to send it back to you. I will not allow any other child to sit in this high chair. I have told other relatives not to use this type of high chair. I will appreciate a response.

I got a high chair from Wal-Mart about 2 weeks ago. When I put my 8-month old son in it today, it broke. And I don't know how to get in touch with anyone.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cosco?

I always catch my son's arm and legs getting entrapped on the slat of the crib but manage to remove them. One Sunday afternoon, on June 8 to be exact, I heard my son crying so loud. The following day, I noticed he cannot move his arm. I thought it's just a sprain but the following day, the swelling and bruises showed up. I took him to his pediatrician. She said his arm and elbow were dislocated and broken. She advised me to go to hospital ER. The doctor in ER ordered some x-ray and confirmed that my son's elbow was dislocated and fractured. They did fix it there. The following week, I took my son to the orthopedist to get a follow up and check up but he reported me to Child Protection Services for child abuse. Cops took my son and other kids, and now my life is in total mess! My husband and I love my kids so much we cannot hurt them. This product is the only thing I can think of that injured my son. I'm suggesting not to manufacture this product. Loving parents like me and my husband don't deserve to go through what we're going through right now. It's very traumatic!

I bought a Playard for my daughter, and she got her head stuck in the little bag attached to the outside. When we noticed, she was gasping for air. She had the bag so tight around her neck that we had to cut it off. If we had not noticed right away, I feel she could have died. Other toddlers will get injured or die. They need to all be recalled and the design flaw fixed.

Well, I had my high chair in the 5-position one since 2000 and with my last 2 children I used it for. I thought it was my husband's error when the chair slid down to last seating position. I never realized there was a recall for my high chair. My youngest is 16 months old and still uses a high chair so I'm going and getting a different one so she isn't injured seriously by this poorly made chair. I can't believe how many items made for our little infants and young children are made so carelessly and poorly and they charge enough money for these items. They should be safe and reliable, not a death trap. I'm glad, so far, my 4 children haven't been seriously injured by anything that has been recalled but this sure makes me second guess a lot of products out there and the maker or companies of these items. There needs to be a better way to let people know asap of a recalled item they have purchased. You need a better paper trail on items so you can notify as needed.

I have a Cosco Juvenile playpen and have been looking to see if it is recalled because it keeps collapsing from the bottom. The bottom pieces will not stay up, and the bolts or device that holds it together keeps popping out. The model number is 05009 and the MFD is 042304. I cannot find out any information on this and would think that the recall list or websites would have an area where a consumer could type in the model number and date and find out if it is recalled. I cannot put a baby in this playpen for fear it will collapse.

I have recently had to send back a Costco swing, because 2 weeks before Christmas, the motor burned out and it wasn't very old. I had bought it brand-new, and at the time, my son was under 4 months old. Well, to start off, I had been contacting Graco for 3 months about this swing before I realized it was a Costco product and that was why they had not responded to my emails. Costco replaced my swing. It's no problem. I was thankful for that.

First of all, I want you to know that I rarely complain about products and seem to be having more than my fair share of problems with the Costco products I have purchased. I bought the car seat stroller (perfect so far), the swing (Its motor burned out.), and the pack and play (It can't be properly cleaned.).

I allowed my sister's infant to sleep in the playpen when they came to town for the weekend, and the baby's bottle leaked on the mat through the blankets we placed under her. So, I read the tags on the mat expecting to see instructions for cleaning. I found none. I placed the mat in the bathtub and washed the surface manually (which did not work as well as I would've liked). Then, I rinsed it with cold water. Now, my mat is bowed. The inside was apparently wood and not supposed to get wet. Now, the playpen mat is ruined!

I take very good care of my belongings, and I am frustrated about the bad luck I am running into with these particular products. I also have purchased a new Costco infant-to-toddler "big kid" car seat and a Costco highchair. And so far, so good. Please, please contact me regarding the matter at hand, as you may be able to help me solve this problem. I guess if I absolutely have to, I will purchase a new mat. But it would have been nice to have cleaning instructions on the mat itself, and I could've avoided this whole matter. Thank you so much for your time. Have a great day!

The screws, which must be inserted into the slats on the metal poles, do not fit inside the slats on the metal poles or on the plastic covering. This high chair would have to be put together with hopes and prayers, because that is all that would be holding it together! We were intelligent enough to pack it up and return it immediately, but there may be others who try to make do and use it. It should be recalled. An easy fix would be to include the correct size screws!

Cosco Options 5 High Chair is poorly built. Pins broke, seat fell, safety belts don't work as they should, pad wore out so fast it was hard to believe. A major problem is the recall kit cannot be ordered from their website as they say. The company does not respond to emails. So far, I am unable to order parts. I just sent them the third email in several months. i really don't expect a reply.

My nine-month old son was laid down for his afternoon nap and his leg became stuck in the side railings of his crib. He started screaming. He was trying to get it out when I ran into his room (it was not his normal cry). I panicked because it looked as if he could have broken it. His whole shin is black and blue. It is absolutely horrible! He could have broken his leg seriously. I feel that we need to purchase a new crib as I do not feel he is safe in this one.

I just wanted to report to Cosco that my son is able to chew the paint of his 3 in 1 Aspen Convertible Sleep System Crib and I want to know if this is safe.

I have been trying to access their internet site to receive the replacement parts for the Cosco Options 5 High Chair that has been recalled and it keeps saying that the web site cannot be found. I work during their business hours so I can never call.

I am not able to use this high chair until it is fixed. I had talked to them once before and it was before the recall to complain that the seat belt kept sliding through and they told me I was doing something wrong.

My baby just turned 5 months and we decided to start using the Cosco Options 5 high chair. It can convert into an infant chair. I was feeding my baby and the seat fell off the legs of the high chair. We made sure that it wasn't operator error and she still fell off a second time. The chair is not secure as the infant feeding option.

Luckily my baby was in the seat belt provided and I caught the chair both times. But, it still upset me that the chair is not safe. I called the store where it was purchased -- "Toys R' Us" -- but they said they could only exchange it for the same chair. We are out $50.00.

We purchased the Cosco Alpha-Omega convertible car seat for our 6-month old son. Almost immediately, he is able to detach the left side of the chest strap. They promote the 5-point suspension and its advantages. I can not believe this product has not been recalled.

Every picture I see of the seat online it does not show the same seat as what is sold at "Babies-R-Us". The left side of the clip is actually very easy to pull off. Because of the way it is threaded and not permanent your child can push it away from him and it immediately comes off. Do not buy this product on-line. Go to the store to see what you are actually getting first.

Cosco Baby Products Company Profile