Bumbo Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bumbo?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bumbo?

Original review: March 12, 2015

I love love love the Bumbo chair! I even got the tray for it. My son has been using it since 2.5 months. He eats breakfast, lunch, and dinner in it as well as plays while I'm cooking. He is now 6 months and 20 lbs. I'm very sad to have to move him over to a high chair. The Bumbos are just so easy. Especially to travel with. But now that he is strong and more active, it's time for straps... I would recommend the Bumbo to everyone! I feel like the negative reviews are due to parent error. It clearly states that this is a floor seat and never leave the child unattended. If you choose to put it on a counter or higher surface, don't leave your child's side. When your child can arch and move/lift up the chair, it's time for a new product. Don't put your child in danger.

Original review: March 13, 2012

I was in the bath and my 6-month-old son Billy was in the bathroom with me right next to the bath in his Bumbo playing with a toy when he dropped it. As he was reaching for it, he fell straight out onto his head. I picked him up straight away and comforted him, but this shouldn’t have happened! I did not leave him alone. I was right next to him. The purpose of a Bumbo is so that they can sit unaided safely. You don’t expect to have to hold them in the Bumbo just incase they fall out! I am furious as my son now has a lump and bruise on his head at the tender age of 6 months.

Get buying tips about Kids Toys and Products delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 17, 2011

i would rate this a 1 star! my 8 month old daughter fell out of the chair while she was on the floor in our living room! she was reaching over the side for a toy and she went face first into the carpet! the idea is good but NOT SAFE for your child!

Original review: Dec. 17, 2010

I am interested in getting a Bumbo chair and think that it is a brilliant idea. I have read all the pros and cons and the cons all seem to be with the parents putting their child in a little soft chair 4 ft. up on a counter or table. Think before you act. As far as the falling out because they arch their backs, I would expect that to happen. So monitor them--it's not a babysitter, it's just a chair.

Original review: April 15, 2010

My 6 month old fell out of the Bumbo Seat while sitting in it on the floor. The caregiver didn't see the actual event happen; he turned his back for a few seconds and looked back to see my son lying on the floor next to the Bumbo. He has been able to arch his back since he first began sitting in the Bumbo at about 3.5 months. At the time he was roughly 17lbs, 27inches. His feet could always touch the floor, which I believe is the main problem with the seat and children getting out of them. We don't know which way he fell, but we're guessing he arched his back and rolled to the side.

Original review: April 1, 2010

My 6 month old son arched his back and fell out of his Bumbo seat while on the floor and hit his head. Also, I purchased the play tray that went with it and my son grabbed it and yanked it off with little effort and hit himself in the head with it. The result was red marks on his head and the inability to use the products anymore due to too high of a risk.

Original review: March 31, 2009

I love my Bumbo Chair!!!!! My granddaughter is almost 8 months old she's been using it since @ 3 months old. I feed her in it! Maybe the weight/age limit needs to be lowered if theses kids are getting out of it! I love mine and wouldn't know what to do without it. Especially when she was real little, she would watch me work in the office, make lunch or whatever...I'm not giving mine up!!! I was going to get it for a baby shower gift today and the store wouldn't let me buy it.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2008

My son was sitting in his Bumbo. He was on the kitchen table with my husband, who was cooking dinner. My husband had his back turned to him, and heard a noise. He turned around and my son had fallen out of his chair. He had a huge bump on the back of his head.

We rushed him to the hospital and upon receiving a CAT scan, we got news that he had a skull fracture. We were required to overnight at the hospital so they could run test results and monitor his progress.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2008

Nothing happened. I purchased the Bumbo and I love it! My son does reach for things on the floor while in it and as a result I watch him very closely. I also feed him in it. Parents out there need to use there brains when using this product as with every other product out on the market. People like that are the reason we have do not take internally written on bottles of Preparation H.

I have bragged about this product to both my sisters that have infants.

Original review: May 13, 2008

Last Thursday, 6 month old daughter arched back and fell forward out of chair. This had never happened before and it happened very fast. The chair was on the kitchen counter and my wife was standing next to it, but had just turned her back. I was about five feet away looking down and did not see it happen. Child fell head first onto tile floor from about 3 feet up.

Large bump developed and pediatrician recommended going to urgent care. Urgent care recommended MRI scan be done, so we were sent to the Stanford Hospital emergency room. MRI CONFIRMED FRACTURED SKULL. Spent night in emergency room, required MRI and other treatment, but no surgery. Kept overnight for observation and released the following day. We received this product second hand from a friend; there were no warning labels on the seat.

Bumbo Company Information