2.54/5

36 Britax Consumer Reviews

Original review: June 7, 2019

I love this stroller! You can use it as a single or a double. It moves and turns so easily! Folds easily too! Has many different adapters you can get, like a second chair, an adapter for a car seat spot so it doesn't take up the 1st seat. A skateboard addition for older kids, etc. Love love love! It also has a big bottom basket for diaper bag, purse, etc...

Original review: April 4, 2019

I purchased the B-Agile stroller 5 years ago after trying it the store, and it never handled well. In 2017 there was a recall as the car seat sometime FELL OUT of the stroller. Today Britax is in the news because they refused to recall a stroller which had 100s of reports of the wheel falling off. I have another child on the way and it makes me sick that I ever purchase something from this company.

Get expert buying tips about Car Seats delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 5, 2018

I have purchased 6 Britax car seats, 1 pavilion, 3 frontier, 1 boulevard, and 1 advocate. I do love things about each but the one thing that is wrong with 2 of them I have would be the click tight open hole button to release the harness. At first it was just annoying cause crumbs can get in there and it’s dirty and a pain to clean but one day when I got home I went to get my one daughter out and she was leaning far forward asleep. She had managed to release the button. I was so scared, of course this was on a Friday and Britax didn’t open again until Monday. Thankfully we have 2 extra car seats in my husband’s truck. I grabbed my older daughter’s frontier car seat to use instead. Since again thankful and lucky my younger daughter just turned 2 and now can go in it.

I phoned Britax Monday. First thing their solution was put tape on the hole. Like a 2 year old couldn’t take tape off and then she said, “Well she will grow out of this stage eventually of pushing the button.” They really need to change that release button on the convertible car seats to how the frontier and pavilion are. Also what would be nice is if they could put the click noise when tight like the pavilion had on other models other than just the advocate and pinnacle. I don’t need the noise, I like it for when someone else is looking after my girls and are taking them somewhere, I know they are in their car seats tighter when I’m not there. Also to add I asked about an exchange for at least my advocate because I just bought it for the added click when tight feature to replace my pavilion that also has that click when tight noise.

We were just in a car accident a few weeks ago. Someone ran a stop sign and hit us and wrote off our vehicle. Which is why we just bought 2 more seats. I have not used the advocate yet. It is still in the box and Britax said no they do not do exchanges. It really sucks when you pay way more for added safety features but would of been better off buying the cheaper car seat. I bought all 6 car seats Britax because they were supposed to be the safest car seats out there. I understand that flaws and recalls can happen but to tell me put tape over the hole to fix it you got to be kidding me.

Original review: March 5, 2018

I have called several times regarding a defect in my Britax Boulevard ClickTight car seat. The adjuster strap was almost completely frayed through!!! You can't even tell from the outside until I tried to adjust it tighter. I called the company, I was told representatives would get back to me between 1-3 business days. Since, I had NOT been contacted by anyone. I made contact with this company to check on the status of my claim, was told I would be contacted by the end of the week. Still not even an email! I had to call them a WEEK later just to be told I could get a 30% discount on a new seat. Why would I want to spend $300 AGAIN on a car seat that doesn't even last 2 years!!

I believed when I purchased Britax brand that I would be investing in my child's safety. I think I would have been better off buying a Cosco brand car seat for much less! I can't believe this brand doesn't stand behind the safety of their products, or stay true to their word about contacting you regarding urgent issues. Not only has this car seat already had a recall, they will not replace this completely unsafe product. I'm extremely disappointed with Britax brand! Will NEVER buy again!!! I will tell EVERYONE THE SAME.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2018

It's been 4 long months of headaches confusion and false starts. In our effort to get a two seat car seat working we've been stymied at every turn by Britax. They purposefully active skate information related to any stroller that is not 2017 or newer and suppress information on the myriad accessories and attachments and configurations from 2016 or before. Stay away. Stay far away.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Britax?

Original review: Dec. 19, 2017

After speaking to their customer relations person multiple times it was very clear that she has zero concern about how dangerous this can be, they will be waiting until a child dies before they do anything about it. I wanted to bring to your attention a terrifying experience that my family endured last night as a result of our Britax car seat. While driving home from the Santa Claus parade with our 3 young children (3, 2 and 7 months) we heard an awful noise coming from the side of our vehicle and our baby screaming for her life. I braked and put the vehicle in park which could have caused a collision near an intersection as I thought the straps were choking her by the sounds she was making.

My husband jumped out of the vehicle and got her out only to realize that the super, excessively long tether strap had gotten stuck under our wheel while driving and was pulling my daughter and her seat towards the door. We had traffic driving all around us while he stood on the road with my daughter and my toddlers were very upset by the noise and the screaming from their sister. I’ve had this seat for 3.5 years and always wrapped the tether strap up and put in the pouch but with 2 young children getting in and out of the vehicle it must have fallen out, pair that with it being completely dark out last night and I didn’t realize it had fallen out.

I have to believe that this is a design flaw in the seat and I can’t understand why the tether strap would ever be so long! Long enough to fall out the door I can understand, but long enough to reach and wrap around the back wheel of an SUV is just excessive. Now my whole family is a little traumatized, especially my poor baby who was impossible to console last night. I can only imagine how scary that must have been for her. Not only that but now we are also out a car seat as the force twisted the seat so much there’s no way I would consider it safe to use again. I am super unimpressed with this situation and also very shaken up.

Upon googling this last night, I found MULTIPLE people had written about the same incidence, I am surprised that it has not been recalled or at least brought to consumers' attention that this could happen without PERFECT use of the tether strap bag. If you have children you know, nothing goes perfectly. I can only imagine how bad this situation could be if A. We had been driving faster or B. We had been in an collision while the tether wrap around the wheel, which considering the sound it made and the gut reaction to stop, is not super far fetched. I imagine that it could be fatal. I sincerely hope that Britax corrects this situation. Thank you.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2017

This car seat has a major design flaw. My daughter can reach the button to loosen the harness. I took videos and sent them to Britax. The company does not think it is a problem they need to fix. They told me they have no prior complaints. I can see by former complaints here and all over that people have been complaining for years and Britax says it is the first they are hearing. I have a 5 year warranty on this seat and Britax tells me that the seat is not defective. The release button should not be easily accessible for children to reach. Do not buy this or any of the models with release buttons exposed, the child will figure it out. There is no way to guarantee a toddler will listen all the time and not play with the harness. You may not even know the first time the child does it and then an accident can happen. Do not buy these seats. They are unsafe for forward facing toddlers.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2017

Last December we purchased a Britax Boulevard Click Tight seat for my son. The seat has been nothing but a pain in the ass. It is heavy and awkward, but we don't really travel so that's not a huge issue for us. Learning to install properly took lots of reading and YouTube watching. This was a pain, as we got the seat at the end of December so here in Manitoba it was ridiculously cold outside. I got frostbite numerous times while trying to get the seat in the car properly. Brrr... I put my kid in the seat and set the straps to the right length, then I basically leave them. We just buckle and unbuckle him without playing with the length very often. Somehow those straps still find a way to become uneven.

I have asked for help on here and followed the instructions of the tech's word by word. Within 2 uses my straps are uneven again. At the belly area I can pinch 2 inches on one side, while the other side is so tight I worry about his collarbone snapping. I repeat the whole process, and it's the same in a few days time. The crotch buckle has no room for the cloth diapers we use. My kid pulls the anti-rebound bar right out of the seat. That bar now has visible signs of the plastic pins on the bar being bent. I called today about the straps and he did the same thing with me that I had already done numerous times on my own. He is more than sure that the problem is fixed. I am more than sure it's just a ** seat. I then put the seat in the full upright position and installed the bar just like he assured me would prevent the bar from being pulled out. This is when I noticed the bent pins. The bar just glides out of the seat now with no real pressure applied.

I phoned Britax again. She informed me that I had to take pictures of the pins so they could open a case for me. Everything must be documented. She also informed me that the seat was unusable without the bar installed. I asked her if I was supposed to stop the car every 3 mins when he pulls the bar out? She had no helpful feedback for me. She refused to acknowledge my questions about how I was going to get these pics to her, as our computer is broken and our mobile does not allow attachments. She then told me not to curse while on the phone with her after I again stated that I didn't know how to get these ** pics to her.

At that point I hung up before I completely lost it on her. I am left with a $600 car seat that is unusable. I should have just spent $100 On a Costco in the first place. My concern was safety and Britax has blown it completely. They are more concerned with pictures and claims than they are with getting my child's seat in safe working order. Why can't they just ship the 2 plastic pins? It will cost them nothing. It would be good customer service. They are a company that is supposed to specialize in child safety. To think that people have days or weeks to wait for replacement parts is ridiculous. Dyson sends me any part I need free of charge. No pics. Their parts are way more expensive than 2 plastic pins. What am I missing? I will never buy a Britax product again. I will never recommend a Britax product to anyone. So frustrated and annoyed right now.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2017

I have paid Britax hundreds of dollars for poorly designed/malfunctioning car seats and terrible cup holders that keep breaking. According to Britax my car seat is good until 5/2019; however, the foam has broken in two sections and their terrible customer service will not send out a new piece of foam.

Original review: June 26, 2017

I recently purchased a car seat from the local Target store in Gibsonia. The display model showed the car seat with the rebound bar. After purchasing & building the car seat at my house, I realized the rebound bar was not included in the box. I called Target complaining to them, when they informed me that they must have received the wrong display model from Britax & that's why I did not receive the bar. It takes me a week to finally get in touch with Britax due to my work schedule not matching with their hours. Finally I get in touch with Tracy ** a manager from Britax. She tells me she is sending me the rebound at no cost & I give her the information to Target Gibsonia to figure out what caused this mess in the first place. The next day, at 2:24 (around) she emails me telling me she will only give me a 30% discount on the bar, taking back her word of sending me the rebound bar at no cost.

Furious, because not I have to wait until Monday to call back, I go to Target in Gibsonia to find out not only did Tracy not call that store to see if the rebound bar was present on the display but she also did not hear everything I had explained to her on Thursday. Here I am, 34 mins waiting to get in touch with a representative. I have been on hold with Britax since before I even started the review. Might I add I had to sign up thru Consumer Affairs to even leave this review in the first place. If Britax decides to not do anything after I spent $299 on a $39 rebound bar after it was their mistake, I will be reporting them to the Better Business Bureau. Target however has offered to give me the rebound bar off the display at no cost, price match a Chicco car seat to the Britax, & they sent me a $25 gift card, while Britax still has me on hold.

Still on hold. 39 minutes now I have been on hold. Poor customer service! If I would have bought a Chicco or Track, this would have never happened & at a fraction of the Britax car seat cost. What a shame! Below I posted photos of the display model at the Target in Gibsonia for Britax to see the lack of investigation Tracy had done when first being told about the incident at Target. Still on hold 43 minutes now.

Britax expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Britax is a child product manufacturer based in Surrey, England. Britax began selling its products, including car seats, strollers and high chairs, in America in 1996. Since then, Britax has established a reputation for high safety standards and luxury products.

• Highly rated for safety: Britax car seats consistently win awards for safety. The Insurance Institute for Highway Safety rated the Frontier 85 model the “best bet” for safety in 2012, and many models including the B-Safe, Marathon ClickTight, Boulevard ClickTight, Advocate ClickTight, Pioneer, Frontier ClickTight and Pinnacle ClickTight have five-star National Highway Traffic Safety Association ratings for crash test performance.

• Infant car seats: Britax’s infant car seats are designed for infants from 4 to 34 pounds and up to 32 inches. Many of these rear-facing seats have specialized anti-rebound technology to help stabilize the car seat in the event of a crash.

• ClickTight technology: Each Britax car seat uses the ClickTight system that works with a LATCH system or your vehicle seat belt to safely install the car seat. The system uses a ratchet to tighten and secure the seat in place easily.

• SafeCell impact protection: Britax car seats use a special system of safety features to exceed federal car seat safety standards. SafeCell impact protection absorbs energy and limits your child’s movement in a crash.

• Click & Go travel system: Britax’s infant car seats are compatible with its 2017 B-Ready stroller, so you can remove your car seat from the vehicle and snap it on the stroller frame for a simple and convenient stroller solution. When your child outgrows the infant seat, you can continue to use the stroller frame with its included stroller seat until your child reaches 55 pounds.

• Best for: families with infants, toddlers or young children, especially those concerned with safety features.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs