4.1/5 (165 ratings)

About Baby Trend Strollers

Baby Trend Strollers Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Baby Trend Strollers?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Baby Trend Strollers?

Original review: Aug. 24, 2015

Just today my 10 month old son almost fell off the baby trend walker. Luckily that the back part of the seat was still on the back but the front 3 piece clip parts came off the clip part. I can see the reaction on his face when it happen. I was in the kitchen and saw it and I was freak out that luck he was in front off me while it happen. Usually every couple of days the seat will come off the clip by itself and now I'm scare as for my son too - he won't even want to go in it anymore. I'm not sure what's the max weight on the walker but my son is about only 15 lbs.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2015

My fiancee purchased a Baby Trend Stroller 7 months ago, and the front wheel began to wobble. As a mechanical engineer, I thoroughly analyzed the problem where the axle shaft that attached the wheel assembly to a front fork is undersized by over .125". I knew simply tightening the top 3/8" nut stop would not suffice as the problem came back in a month. After a second time of greasing the shaft, reinstalling all hardware needed, the problem still existed later on after another month! As mentioned, the shaft looks to be undersized going into the bore of bearing housing. Shaft does not make contact with the bearing as it is undersized by .125". Tightening of the self-locking nut on top only lasts temporarily as the whole assembly will vibrate loose, causing vibration during front-acting motion.

Overall, I give this a failure in design engineering of the front wheel design. The shaft being held by an assembly of washers and a nut stop is not good engineering practice and does not follow any design code (SAE, CE, ASME) specifications. It is a safety concern for my daughter as when the wobble becomes overwhelming, it causes the stroller to flip over and the baby to fall out frontward. Please advise the public of not purchasing this product, and Baby Trend to fix this serious issue. Thank you. -- Christopher **, 12 year experienced mechanical engineer.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2015

I got a Baby Trend pack n play for a baby shower gift. You can play in it all day long but you can't fold it up at all. Only one side will unlock. I know that I'm doing it right and that the 10 other people that tried were doing it right also. I am very disappointed.

Original review: July 24, 2015

Expedition sx jogging stroller. My 13 month old son had his arm resting on the side of the stroller. It was over two of the hinge where the stroller would fold to close. We were walking on flat ground and it pinched his arm until it was bleeding and bruised. Baby Trend will not give a refund. They will keep the stroller for an estimate of at least two weeks. I will need to buy a new stroller since I have 3 kids under 5 and they are not willing to give any discount or coupon toward this purchase.

Original review: July 17, 2015

My son & daughter-in-law did their registry online for their baby shower. They received the Pack 'n Play. There are only 3 boards with padding on the mat. Usually there's 4 & there's a 4" gap between each section. Her face is on the bassinet piping.

Original review: July 15, 2015

I bought the Bubblegum Jogger first. The front wheel kept locking in place as I turned the stroller and the stroller would almost tip over. So I took it back to the store they kept saying it's suppose to do that. I'm like "no". So it loosened the wheel a little it then starts to shake while just walking at a moderate pace. So I take it back, get the same stroller but in a different color. It shakes as well. I talk to someone and apparently Graco doesn't do that so I will be returning the Baby Trend once again.

Original review: June 2, 2015

I received a baby trend sit and stand stroller for my baby shower. They retail $277 plus tax at Babies R Us. The back clip on the second seat to make the seat recline or sit straight is broken. My son is permanently reclined! I called the company and they won't send me a new buckle. Like really? $300 stroller and you can't send me a $0.50 clip? Nice customer service. I also own a baby trend double jogger expedition. I called this week about a tire that no joke exploded! They told me I could purchase a new tire wherever children's bikes are sold? No help whatsoever!

I had my husband look at it for me and he is telling me that the whole back bar is connected/1 piece and you can't exchange the tires separately, so I guess the stroller is just garbage now? $600 worth the strollers from this company and they don't stand behind their product! Never again would I purchase anything from this company! I also wouldn't recommend it either. Not sure why they have a customer service hotline? They should just have a recording that says "we don't help with **! Sorry you bought our product!"

Original review: Jan. 19, 2015

Scared to jog with this stroller all the purpose i bought it for. The front wheel wobbled pretty badly unless I walk at a snail speed. I tightened it with pliers and it stopped for couple of months and a week ago it started again. Also I don't like that the back of a seat has a crack in the middle. I don't know how it's going to work when my son will be heavier. It seems to look like it will even up. I never contacted Baby Trend since I heard it' not going to take you anywhere. But I decided to myself I wouldn’t be buying products from the company in a future.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2014

Very poorly designed and engineered. My baby fell out of it and had to go to the emergency room. The stem that usually protrudes from the seat to keep the child from leaning forward and falling out is attached to the tray instead of the seat. As you remove the tray and set it aside, the stem does not allow the tray to sit flat, thus spilling anything that might be left on it. What is worse though is that once the tray is removed and the baby is unbelted the baby can lean forward and fall out. This happened in an instant as the belts were unbuckled and put aside, the baby leaned forward and fell out of the seat onto the floor. Had it been designed with the "saddle horn" on the seat instead of the tray, the baby wouldn't have leaned forward so fast. I'm not even going to give this seat away. It's going in the trash and I'm buying a new one with a different design.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2014

I bought a Baby Trend Expedition EX jogging stroller and one of the rear wheels broke out of the axel within few months of purchasing it. This is unacceptable and obviously defective. I called the 1800-3287363 number listed on Baby Trend website to order the wheel and I was on hold for nearly a hour. When I finally got a hold of one the Baby Trend operator I quote, "We do not have the part (rear Wheel) and can only put you down on a waiting list." After over a month I called again to find out status on the part the operator told me, "We will give a call when we get the part and that is all we can do for now." I asked how much will it cost with shipping of one rear wheel and the operator said about $26. This is 20% of what I have paid for the whole stroller and do not know when the part will become available. I am very upset because cannot use the stroller at all and I have lost my initial investment on it. I have to buy a new stroller because Baby Trend stroller sucks!

Original review: Aug. 10, 2014

This company packs their products with parts missing! Then wants information that we can't supply because they were gifts and we don't have personal information! The answer they give, oh it's on back order! For 6 months?? I have requested the replacement part for a Zebra Mobil and they said we shipped the part for the stroller that was missing the part? So I guess this piece is just not usable and it doesn't even play right. The music skips. I am sorry for the person who spent all that money on this not so complete set! This company sucks!

Original review: Aug. 4, 2014

Totally crap company to buy stuffs. We buy a stroller, after 3 mount when my baby in stroller, it's crack from holding piece. God sake, nothing happen but I think if she were on steer or hill up, I don't want think about it. After that, we try to contact with them about rechange the stroller but they didn't help us and they give us funny reason. You know what they told us? They told us you shouldn't go to mall or shopping with stroller because warranty don't cover that. Just I want to people know what happen to us and maybe we help somebody to prevent troubles start before. I say stay away from this product!

Original review: July 23, 2014

Baby Trend expedition jogger: Pros - big wheels are great for all types of terrain. Cons - wheel wobbles and turns sideways.

My son's face bashed off the tray because the wheel went sideways when walking across the street. My stroller one day would no longer unlock so I could fold it. This was after only 7 months of use. I emailed back and forth with Baby Trend for over a month and finally called to have it sorted. I called 7 times the first day as all supervisors were on lunch, then they would be on calls, and when I was told they would call right after they were done, they never did, and when I'd call back there was no note for someone to contact me. The following day they finally issued me out a manufacturer's check after a few more calls and messages on the supervisor's line. However for them to send it out, I had to send a photo of the stroller completely destroyed, which means I have absolutely no stroller until the check arrives which they said will take 3 weeks. Although they did send out a check, months of dealing with this, multiple photos and videos sent to prove that it wouldn't fold, having to call consistently since their employees do not take initiative or seem to care at all and then being stuck for 3 weeks without a stroller has made for a horrible consumer experience.

Original review: July 8, 2014

I actually have the ELX of this brand. Mine included the built-in mp3 speakers. I have read a lot of the reviews that complain about the wobbly front wheel, and with a quick Google search... It is an easy fix. If you turn the stroller upside down and undo a few screws where the footrest is, there is a bolt that holds the wheel on to the main frame of the stroller. If you just tighten up that bolt a little bit, the front wheel is still allowed to swivel but it's not quite as loose. That prevents the wheel from being wobbly when jogging or walking fast. I actually like that you can control the maneuverability of that wheel with just a slight tighten or loosen of that bolt. But this definitely fixes the wobbly wheel issue. Once we fixed that one small issue, we never again had any problems.

The stroller is excellently built, the basket underneath is very easily accessible and roomy & the overall build of the stroller is solid. I love that the handle can be repositioned to two different comfort levels, as well as collapsing completely to allow for the stroller to fit better inside of a trunk or a vehicle. I also love that the shoulder straps and safety buckle are easy to use. The stroller maneuvers wonderfully and glides like a dream. I quickly listed my other stroller for sale as soon as I got one of these. It's great for every day use as well as more off-road type use at parks & such. It's nicely sized, but not too big either. Overall we are very satisfied with it! It's a solid product and we are proud owners of it. It's unfortunate that it has such a bad rap, but we haven't had any problems.

Original review: March 14, 2014

I purchased the Baby Trend Jogging Stroller system first from Walmart. According to the assembling instructions the front wheel should not be attached but it was. I then noticed a bunch of scratches around the wheel fender. I thought I just happened to get a returned stroller this can't happen again. So after deciding that I liked it I ordered what I thought was a new one and exchanged it. Again from Walmart. Well the second one was even dirtier and scratched up. Concluding that this was a Walmart issue I returned and bought the third one from target.com. Well, lo and behold this one is scratched and has rust spots on it. I don't believe this company, I'm furious, will return it but not sure what to do for a stroller bc Graco has a huge recall. These companies need to take more pride in their products!!

Original review: Dec. 28, 2013

I recently purchased a Baby Trend High Chair, it is the Trend 2 High Chair, it cost me almost $100.00. I find it very awkward to use, it is hard to open out, and fold up as you have to reach on both sides and pull the red handles on both sides from the front of the high chair, and try to get the rear legs to go back and the front legs to come forward, and locked into position as needed, and do this while standing in front of the high chair. As happened once, It also has a tendency to collapse with baby in it, after it has been locked into the open position, and then baby is placed in it.

The straps are hard to buckle, the seating pad and straps are hard to clean. Then, there is the tray which slides on and off, the latch for this is in an awkward place in the front and underneath the tray, and it must be pushed together with your palm and thumb on the front side, and fingers on the back side, it is almost impossible to use. When you do finally get the latch of the tray working, just try to get the tray on properly, and by that I mean lined up in the same positions on both sides, the tray is also hard to remove when baby is finished eating. When the latch is pushed together, one side of the tray will slide off, and the other side is stuck and will not give, it is always a fight to try to put on, and remove the tray. The tray also will not reach close enough to baby to be used properly. Feeding baby should be a nice time, but not with this high chair, every time I get ready to feed my baby, I know I'm going to fight with this chair for 10 minutes getting her in, and another 10 minutes taking her out.

I am not the only one in the household who finds this High Chair nearly impossible to use, my husband also has the same trouble, especially with the tray. Companies in our country used to take some pride in the products they sold, especially for babies, this is not the case with Baby Trend products, and I have never before purchased such a piece of plastic junk as this high chair. I do not recommend this product at all, and will never purchase anything from this company again. I cannot believe that any company would sell this plastic junk, and at such an outrageous price to the consumer. I do not want to rate this High Chair with even one star, but must rate it since it is required. This High Chair just fails as a High Chair, do not purchase it. I will be purchasing another High Chair, from another manufacturer.

Original review: July 30, 2013

I bought the Baby Trend Playard and these people told me it's not defective. It must be. It got my granddaughter's neck caught in it, after it collapsed. Thank god I was in the same room. They told me when I called that there was no recall. There should be. And if I wanted to return it and have them fix it, it would be wise to just buy a new one. I will get right on that. It was only used 6 times, pieces of junk. All of their products are pieces of crap.

Original review: July 29, 2013

The Deluxe pack n play, play yard mattress boards slip and overlap creating a ridge to sleep on. Seems the covering is too small and makes the porta crib unusable. Baby trend offered to SELL me a new board at $28+. This crib is a piece of junk from China so please buy another brand as we did. Baby Trend does not stand behind their products.

Original review: April 17, 2013

I had the expedition stroller. About 3 months into owning it, the front wheel started shaking uncontrollably. I thought I had done something to it somehow, but no one could figure it out. We suffered through very slow paced walks to keep it from happening. We then bought the jogging stroller so I could run. Literally out of the box, not even 20 feet, the whole thing rattled shakes and locked up. Dangerous. It's going back tomorrow. What a crappy dangerous product. How is this still being sold? Clearly it's a "trend" with Baby Trend.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2012

Baby Trend Monkey Around High Chair - I bought this high chair from Burlington Baby Depot for my 6-month-old grandson. The back rest has no locking mechanism. It's very poorly designed, subject to infant or toddler head, back or neck injury, if the baby is buckled in and pushes up and back, even if you are sitting right with them. I was forced to zip tie the back down to prevent this. If I had examined it earlier, I never would have bought the high chair. Poor design, period.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2012

Expedition Jogging Stroller front wheel always shook some, but I started to jog with my baby in the stroller and the front wheel locked up. I fell and cut my leg and bruised my knee and hip badly. That was the least of the problems. The stroller, with my precious baby in it, went flying end over end and landed upside down on the sidewalk. I just cry thinking about it. This stroller needs to be recalled. I am just sick about it and I don't want this to happen to anyone else.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2012

I bought a high chair for my grandson. The locking mechanism on the side of the tray broke. It's not safe to use. It's cheaply made. We only had it for a week. It's made in China - I should have looked closer. I contacted Baby Trend customer service. They suck. Buyers, please beware of this product. The woman named Ashley told me to send model no. and manufacture date. I did and didn't hear from them again.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2012

I purchased the Velocity Stroller at our local Babies R Us in Hickory, NC for my new grandson. It sat unused for months (I should have waited for the stroller purchase but was excited). The stroller had a very flimsy, cardboard-feeling back to the seat which was stabilized into the preferred position by a string and a clip. No matter how hard I tightened the clip, the seat would not allow the seat to be upright so the child could sit up. After less than an hour's total use of approximately 2 to 3 times, the strap between the child's legs came off in my husband's hand! It was not sewn to the seat correctly! Our little one could have slid out! I tried to return it to the store and because it had sat unused and I hadn't purchased the extended warranty, they wouldn't take it back! As a new grandparent, I had purchased literally hundreds of dollars of baby equipment from them! The stroller was and is almost brand new! Two of the three times it was used was to push it up and down our paved driveway for perhaps 15 or 20 minutes, if that! I do intend to contact Baby Trend, but am not hopeful after reading these reviews. My almost $200 stroller is useless but at least my grandson wasn't hurt the way some of the other children were in these reviews.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2012

While walking through the mall, my Baby Trend shakes extremely bad. I am on a tight budget so not able to buy a new one. My husband and I have looked at the wheel; and it doesn't seem like anything is loose, so we’re not sure why it is shaking. My son has trouble staying asleep while strolling because it shakes so bad. If there isn't a recall on it, there should be!

Original review: Aug. 14, 2012

Baby Trend expedition stroller - I loved this stroller until I tried jogging with it. The front wheel shakes uncontrollably at any pace higher than a walk. This stroller is useless for what we bought it for. $200 in the trash.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2012

I recently bought a Baby Trend High Chair for my 5-month-old grandson. As he was sitting in the high chair being fed, the back gave out on him and he fell to the ground. His face was scratched up and he sustained a bruise to the side of his face. He was taken to the hospital and he was checked out. This is a very dangerous situation and I will never purchase another product from this company again.

Original review: July 29, 2012

I have a double jogging stroller with the swivel wheel in the front. The wheel in the front goes crazy side to side and I'm not able to walk or jog with it. I'm very unhappy with the stroller. They need to do a recall on the stroller. I will never buy another product like this from you.

Original review: June 17, 2012

I have had this jogging Baby Trend Expedition LX stroller since January 2012. It is nicer out so I wanted to use it how it is intended. While running, the front wheel shook. It stopped the stroller. I went flying over it and the baby was still strapped in with minor cuts and bruises, but I just want it fixed or a newer one that you can actually jog with.

Original review: June 11, 2012

Baby Trend Jogging Stroller should be recalled. The front wheel is very unstable. It shakes the entire stroller, making it extremely unsafe.

Original review: June 5, 2012

I have an 8-month old grandson on the walker I purchased. It has a toy that is strapped to the tray of the walker that has two giraffes on it, one on each side. He does not even weigh 20 lbs. He was playing with a giraffe and it snapped off. I feel it was a safety hazard. If there would have been smaller pieces, he could have choked. I am very upset. I have told all my friends that are soon-to-be grandparents not to purchase Baby Trend items.

I hope you would please look a little better at your products. I removed the tray but am not getting the use of all the product because now, he has nothing to play with on it. Please look carefully at the products. I am very angry. A refund may be great but if my grandson would have choked, he would not have been able to be replaced. Please look into this walker so no others will have to be as concerned as I was. Thank you.

Baby Trend Strollers Company Information