1.25/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

Babies R Us

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Oct. 13, 2017

340 Babies R Us Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Oct. 13, 2017

Stork Craft Davenport 5-in-1 convertible crib with drawer - We purchased the abovementioned crib for a friend. My husband helped put the crib together when it arrived... The drawer would not fit. It fell down on one side and would not slide in... Because my husband is good with wood tools he managed to fix the drawer so it would slide in as it was supposed to and they could use it. I thought you should know this particular crib has a defect... After I purchased the crib a new notation was placed under the picture of the crib stating certain cribs would get a free mattress... We ordered a mattress not knowing that.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2017

When I got pregnant I was originally planning to have an Amazon baby registry. We are a military family and online just seemed way easier not only for us, but our families as well, due to the distance. My closest friends convinced me to use Babies R Us instead. We have a full registry. We have gotten complaints from almost all of our family members because of the price of the items, but that's not my biggest issue (although an annoying one). My issue is the way in which this company chooses to ship large items. We ordered our nursery furniture and we had to have them delivered to our home. The first large item was our crib. My dad very generously bought our crib for us, and had it shipped to our home. He ordered it on 7/28... We did not receive it until 9/19... This wasn't a huge issue since we were still far from our due date, but you still may be wondering WHY it took nearly 2 months when they advertise that it ships quickly.

In this case Babies R Us used a shipper that's not a national shipper that you hear about either like FedEx or UPS. I can't even remember the name of it. Turns out... They had my crib in their warehouse ready to ship just 10 or so miles from my house for about 4 weeks. They couldn't deliver without contacting us first because we live on a base, and they have to be sponsored on. It took me making several phone calls to track it down and find out why they had not delivered it. When my dad called they wouldn't provide him the information even though he was the purchaser.

They said it was because they didn't have mine or my husbands phone numbers... which honestly makes no sense because the item was selected directly off of our registry and tagged to us. They take all that info when you set up the registry. When I called I set up a time for delivery and provided them mine and my husbands cell phone numbers. They didn't call me! They called my dad! Who I had not given his number. Apparently they had it the whole time that my crib was sitting in their warehouse and never called him...

The second furniture item we purchased was a dresser. I ordered it from our online registry myself. It seemed to go way smoother because just over a week after I ordered it I received a call from the delivery company (another company you've never heard of). I schedule a time to sponsor the delivery onto base. When I speak with the delivery guy at the gate he tells me that he thinks the box was damaged but didn't see any damage to the dresser itself. He wanted me to check before taking it to my house. He brought it down from the truck. There was a large hole in the box on the side. At first it didn't look like there was damage to the dresser. I moved some of the packaging away... and what do you know? There was a huge dent/scratch on the very front middle of my brand new dresser. So I refused the package due to the damage. The delivery man apologized, he was actually quite nice.

He provided me the number to call his office so I can work on getting a replacement. I called them later that day and left a message. It's been 3 days now and no callback. I called Babies R Us and because the shipping company has not updated I can't request a new dresser yet. On their website they advertise free shipping... This is NOT accurate. For large items like furniture, it will say free shipping until you get to the checkout and they charge a $120 "shipping surcharge". So it's VERY misleading. To me free shipping actually means free shipping.

I would have liked to have the dresser delivered to the store, and when I made my registry I asked how long it actually takes to get things shipped to the store. At the time they told me just a few weeks. When I called to order the dresser for ship to store, they said it would be about 12 weeks before I could get it. At the time, I was due in 9 weeks. So you could see how that wouldn't work. So when you're considering Babies R Us think about when and where you want to buy your furniture. The other items ordered online have shipped through FedEx and been received within a few days of ordering. If I could do it over again, I don't think I would go with Babies R Us. It's been more trouble than it's worth.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: Sept. 27, 2017

Conveniently they can't give me credit for the most expensive item purchased off my registry in their "Registry Rewards" Program. Apparently one of their employees marked as purchased, but they didn't as for the order information so the rewards will not count. After a 50 minute conversation, they suggested waiting to see if I receive the item, and then if so, embarrassingly as the giver for the receipt. Seriously? Ask someone for the receipt of a gift they gave? Also, everything is out of stock, and now may be stuck with a convertible crib I can't buy the conversion kits for. Embarrassing, but I guess that's what you get when you do business with a company in Chapter 11.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2017

It's no wonder why this company is going out of business! Their policies are terrible and have no customer focus. In the past 2 months, my family and I have dropped probably upwards of $2000-3000 in Babies R Us. Their online system did not accept the completion coupon so when I called to get the coupon applied I was told there was nothing that they could do and that I would have to use the coupon on my next purchase.

ONLY when I threatened cancelling the entire order did the manager say she could do a one-time "courtesy" of applying a $20 coupon off that I had. HOWEVER I had to take the $20 off in the form of store credit (i.e. they refused to credit my credit card that I used on the only and would only credit the gift card that I also used to pay). My blood pressure is through the roof from dealing with that company - and at 36 weeks pregnant that's the last thing that I needed! You're an awful company... I'll look forward to just shopping at Buy-Buy Baby and Amazon in the future.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2017

I placed an order today online from a baby registry and when I received my confirmation email I noticed that they defaulting to shipping to the people on the registry instead of my address. I called them immediately but because of the length of time I was waiting to speak to someone I was told I could not change the shipping address. This is ridiculous since the order had not even been shipped yet. Why would the default be the person on the registry? This is for a surprise shower! They said you only have 45 minutes from the time you place the order to either cancel it or make changes to it. I WILL NEVER ORDER ONLINE OR PURCHASE IN THEIR STORE AGAIN!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Babies R Us?

Original review: Sept. 8, 2017

This company's customer service and shipping departments are the absolute worst I have ever experienced. After numerous phone calls and emails, my gift was finally received by the expectant mother. Thank God for Amazon, because I will be using them from now on. FYI: should you take a chance doing business with this company and you decide to cancel your order (because of non-delivery) and you request a refund, customer service will probably tell you that your request has to be "reviewed" by someone else before it can be processed. Immediately ask for a supervisor who can cancel the order and have the charge removed from your credit card. I was told by "Holly," one of the supervisors, that they are the ones who "review" such requests. Good luck!

Original review: Aug. 28, 2017
    Someone ordered a crib for us off of the registry, and after waiting two weeks or so, we called for tracking information. After being on hold for 40 minutes and begging them to give us some info (we weren't the ones who purchased it), it turns out they lost the crib. Stuck in processing. Just a plain crib, not a special order.

We spent weeks, hours in the store, called and reordered/had the order pushed through FIVE TIMES. Each time, they gave us the same answer about it being stuck in processing, and promising they'd push it through and expedite the shipping.

To make a long story short, we NEVER received the crib, customer service is absolutely horrible, and made our situation seem like an inconvenience to them. We demanded to cancel and get a refund, and we're still waiting on the refund to be processed. As if things couldn't get worse, somewhere during this time, someone changed our email in the system to DUMMY@DUMMY.COM! Obviously causing trouble when we tried to track our order and they asked for the email. I couldn't believe it. Totally unacceptable way to run a business. When I told customer service about this, they told me they would give me 15% off a purchase online. Thanks a lot, Babies R Us. I'm 39 weeks and need to find a new crib. Will NEVER SHOP HERE AGAIN. Will tell everyone I know about this awful experience.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2017

Check Amazon before you buy from this Company. I placed an order with Babies R Us mistakenly before checking Amazon. Amazon was much cheaper with 2-day guaranteed deliver with NO additional $50 handling fee that Babies R Us charges conveniently. Then I spent 1 hour or more waiting for and then speaking to customer service and then a supervisor only to find out that Babies R Us gives a 30 to 50 minute window of time to cancel the order after placing it online - which is shorter than the time I spent holding on the phone to speak to the customer service department!!! Then I was told, after all of this, that an email will be sent to me within 48 hours determining if the order can be canceled or not. HORRIBLE COMPANY POLICY AND BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE. BUYER BEWARE!!!

Original review: Aug. 21, 2017

You would think a conglomerate company such as Babies R Us/Toys R Us would have a working website. It was the worst experience I have ever had trying to order a gift off of a friend's registry. I refuse to ever buy anything from this site ever again. I will purchase on Amazon or target before I ever try buying anything from this site. I will make sure to spread the word to all my expecting mommy friends. I tried to order one item from 3 different computers in different locations and even on different browsers and besides the fact that the site moves like molasses it doesn't let you add gift messages. It also doesn't actually remove the item off of the registry either. Complete garbage.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2017

I've tried for 2 weeks now to purchase items from your online site for my new granddaughter, due to arrive in September. After seeing that I could receive an additional 15% off, I applied for the 'R Us' card, and I was approved immediately. I printed out the '15% off' form that has the application key code on it, but when I tried to print off the temporary shopping pass, the page went blank. I tried several more times to place my order. Finally, I just decided to wait until the card came in the mail.

So, card received and activated, and when I tried to place my order online just an hour ago, it would not accept the Application Key Code for the 15% off and gives me an error. This is THE MOST un-friendly website I have ever dealt with and I am extremely unhappy with this service. I have already missed the baby shower (it was on 8/5). My only alternative is to go direct to the store to make my purchases, and all I have to say is they had better accept the 15% credit coupon, and I had better receive the online pricing. If not, I will go elsewhere and pay full price, as far as I'm concerned this is a SCAM.

Original review: July 15, 2017

Their baby registry program is a SCAM, DO NOT FALL FOR IT AND MAKE YOUR FRIENDS BUY FROM THEM. Upon registry you will be given temptation for coupons and stuff so you force your friends and family to buy gifts from them which are overpriced. And when you try to redeem your coupon they will have excuses like "coupon not working or it a sale item, you can't use coupon on sale items etc.etc." And dont expect it to be told politely, better go to Walmart and get better stuff at better price!

Original review: July 15, 2017

I used the gift cards I received at my shower to order 17 different items. Obviously I spent enough money for the free shipping but when completing my order they split it into two shipments, one with only two small products (a portable bottle warmer/heat pack and carseat cover) and charged me shipping on them, none of which were listed as excluded from that promotion. I can live with that so I placed the order. I mean I had all these giftcards. I had to. Now I'm receiving emails for 1-2 items at a time that have shipped, so you mean to tell me they'll be shipping 17 items all seperately! This is crazy, after reading other reviews I worry when I'll actually receive any of these things. I just can't fathom receiving 17 different packages. So far only 3 things have shipped (it's been about a week). All items under $30, in two different shipments. I really hope this isn't how it's going to be for the rest of my order.

I have other complaints about the website itself and the store that would take days to get into so I'll just put it this way, they need to get their act together. They make enough money to upgrade to a decent quick loading website and revamp their stores, and hire decent employees. It seems no matter which Toys R Us you go to ppl are saying the same things about the employees. At the one near me they obviously take no pride in their work and are unsympathetic to expecting mothers.

Original review: July 6, 2017

I went in on June 8th and ordered my baby's crib. I paid in full and was told that I'd receive a phone call in a week, two tops that my crib would be ready for pickup. Three and a half weeks later I still hadn't gotten any phone calls. I went in on July 3rd and questioned them about it. They informed me my crib had come in almost THREE weeks ago but they forgot to call me. They went back the next day, or two days later, and the crib was gone and that someone had sold it.

I can understand a slip of the mind and forgetting to call me, but if you knew the crib had been mistakenly sold, why wouldn't you get a new one ordered in for me? After almost an hour of dealing with this, and of them trying to get me to settle for a different color of my crib, that they did have in the back, they finally got a new one ordered. I'm told it should be in on Saturday the 8th.

However, what would have happened had I not gone in to ask about my crib? I tried to be patient so I waited for almost a month, but had I continued to wait would they have even done anything about it? I have three months until my baby is due but let's say that I was a mom that was just about to give birth and this had happened, if my baby was born before I received my crib I'd have nowhere for him to sleep.

This was a mistake on Babies R Us' account and it made me not only stress out more than I already do with all of my other baby preparations, but it also caused me to become very irritated. The crib was a gift from my father and it should have been a simple purchase, pay, receive. Instead I have to deal with being told they sold my crib and not even acting like they did something wrong. Also, never try to force an expecting mom to settle for a crib that isn't the one she fell in love with. I usually have good experiences with Babies R Us and Toys R Us but this was easily the WORST experience of customer service I have ever gone through in my life.

Original review: June 28, 2017

I ordered a baby swing over a month ago. I have called to check the status every single week and all it says is it is being processed. So I finally called and spoke to a girl named Alicia, I called the customer service line. She wouldn't give me ANY info for the order because it was in MY HUSBAND'S NAME. This is Babies R Us not the IRS. Horrible customer service, horrible service. Still no idea when the swing will be delivered. I will NEVER EVER order from them again. Actually I will never go to their overpriced stores AGAIN.

Original review: June 7, 2017

Dave Brandon should be furious...needs to take immediate action with shipping, receiving and all management from the store level to the manufacturer at Houston store #9547!! Quite simply - either people in management, should NOT be; or people in charge of shipping/receiving/stocking do not have technology to do their jobs!! Glider arrived ok and was picked up at store, but no ottoman - was told it MAY have been delivered to a different store and from Manufacturer to Warehouse to Store, they have no way of tracking it!??

So, it was re-ordered and 12 weeks later we are still getting excuses!!! REALLY??? My daughter's baby will be here in 2 weeks and she is very distressed - this gift should have arrived long before the baby. A Corporation the size of Toys R Us which has been in business over 50 years, doesn't have the technology to track their merchandise - ESPECIALLY a Special Order!! Mr Brandon - does the Ref. # for the complaint I filed actually go to anybody who is willing to fix this problem? Or will I hear back from someone at the store level (again) who tells me to just be patient?

Original review: May 11, 2017

The Babies R Us umbrella stroller was used usually for toddlers, not a infant stroller. My daughter seemed to be very comfortable in it. The price was good. Also, it folds very easily and is compact to store in trunk. It has cup holders and a tray I could put snacks on for my child. It was lightweight and ready to use from the store, no assembly required, no instructions needed, pretty much self explanatory. We used it at the park and it was very easy to maneuver. Never had any problems with it.

Original review: May 3, 2017

I made an in-store purchase of a glider chair at the Babies R Us in Union Square, NY, NY on 4/12/17. I was told I would be contacted by phone when the chair was delivered to the store in about 5 business days. After not being contacted I called the store on Friday 4/28. My order that was already paid in full could not be found in the system. After being on the phone for 1 hour and talking to 6 different employees I was told that the chair actually had been delivered to the store on 4/17. I set up to have the chair delivered. I paid for the delivery over the phone, and was told that I would be contacted within 48 hours by the delivery company.

On Wednesday 5/3 I called again as I never was contacted by the delivery company. After talking to 3 different employees I was told that the chair was to be delivered on Friday 5/5 and that the delivery company would be contacting me shortly to confirm. Immediately after hanging up I received an e-mail for the delivery order. Several hours later after not be contacted by the delivery company I called the contact number from the e-mail. I was told by customer service that my order for delivery was only received that day 5/3 not on 4/28 and that I had to wait up to 48 hours to be contacted about setting up a delivery. Clearly I was lied to about the delivery by the Babies R Us employees. With a baby on the way I will for sure need lots of baby items over the next couple of years, however I will never do business with Babies R Us or Toys R Us again.

Original review: April 26, 2017

We came to buy a baby monitor camera to the Fort Union location. I asked for the assistance and we were waiting for 30 min considering only 5 customers in the entire store, and my wife 8 month pregnant. After assistance arrived to help get camera out of the locked shelf, he asked me if I know where they store shelf keys. Really? Store associate promised combine new credit card offer and store discount coupon to the full priced item. Let it be. I opened credit card and he tells me that he cannot combine both. Why did you waste my time, and didn’t comply with credit card offer? Seemed like he was under influence of something. I never have seen so much disrespect to the customers, and I’m surprised how they are still in business. Strongly urge customer to stay away from this place.

Original review: April 8, 2017

Short and sweet. I worked in a wastewater treatment plant for 6 years and never had the feeling of wanting to upchuck. Until I visited the Meridian Idaho Babies R Us and went to the men's restroom and got such a overwhelming amount of ammonia smell from lack of cleaning the restroom. Health department please do something about it and keep your kids out of there before they contract something.

Original review: March 2, 2017

Can't believe what a nightmare this store is. My daughter picked out the Sorelle Berkley crib and changer and had her heart set on it although I would have suggested other options. I ordered the crib. It arrives and when they go to assemble it there is a major piece missing. Of course, one of the last pieces the crib needs. Babies R Us response: they have to disassemble the entire crib send it back and wait 2-3 weeks for a new crib to arrive. OR I can call the manufacturer myself, attempt to explain the situation and see what they will do (However their website offers replacement parts for a fee. Why should I have to pay for something I already paid for).

BRU really doesn't understand their market, parents awaiting a newborn don't need this. I can't believe I just mailed the baby shower invitations with her BRU registry on it. I'm going to call everyone and tell them to buy from somewhere else, I don't want to go through this with anything else they want. UPDATE - Later this same day -- I emailed Sorelle (the manufacturer) and got a lightning fast response. They have promised a replacement part in 5-10 business days. If they follow through, and I have no reason to believe they won't, go ahead and buy a Sorelle crib BUT get it anywhere else other than Babies R US.

Original review: March 1, 2017

Aunt went in store to order a swing from my registry in 12/16, they said it got lost in the mail so she went in and ordered a different one. When it was shipped, it was not even a swing, it was only a bouncer. So she went in and showed them that the product was not even what she ordered. She ordered a different one, they showed her the screen and she confirmed everything was correct. Never got the swing, called them only to find out they shipped both swings to a different person with my same name in a different state! They said there were over 200 people with my same name... which was a lie, I checked and there is only 4, but people who have Mexican last names similar popped up. Not the same as having the same name.

So they ordered another one and this time did not use the registry what so ever. So she had them enter all of my information, they guaranteed the swing to be here 2-3 business days which would have been that following Wednesday. Never got the swing... Mind you it is now February, the original swing was ordered in DECEMBER and It's already been over a month since my daughter was born. The swing finally came in today, but it was not delivered to me! It was delivered to my aunt's neighbors' office at work. The swing was labeled to "my aunt" with her address from "me" and my address. Are you kidding me??? They couldn't even get the shipping info right the third time! I am never ever going through them for anything ever again. So annoyed and disappointed with their customer service.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2017

Beware! Before you buy a crib and have it shipped. Not only do they just drop off curbside (even if you live in a condo) but they won't even take to the elevator for a huge crib! Then I assemble at home for few and no one had an answer for that! Well they don't and I tried returning it without even receiving the crib and they still charge you the 100 dollar delivery fee! I will dispute this. Many other companies not only deliver for free but assemble for a fee...

Original review: Feb. 7, 2017

My husband and I are expecting our first child in a couple of weeks. We registered with Babies R Us after looking at the other two options, which were basically Target and Walmart. Seeing that they didn't carry the brands we wanted, we had to go with BRU. We received many gift cards at the shower to put towards our stroller. After realizing their online system does not allow you to use more than 5 gift cards, we went out of the way to go to the store. Fine. Order was placed and paid for. FOUR days later I get an email saying that the stroller is no longer in stock and they've cancelled our order. I called customer service to see what the hell this is about. The rep has no idea when more will be in stock and has no advice to offer us. The entire thing is a mess. We now have hundreds of dollars in BRU gift cards that we have no use for. Horrible experience overall. Stay away. Find anywhere else to register.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2017

First, I received a nursing scarf for my sister's shower that was the wrong color. Not a big deal for it to happen once; accidents happen and I'm not irrational and unreasonable. It came with the proper packing slip, but the gift was wrong so that put up a little bit of a red flag. However, I already had 2 more parts of the order coming in so I ignored it, went to the store, and had to reorder it online.

So 2 weeks after the supposed "delivery date" of the second part of the order, there's nothing at my house and my sister's shower was that week. I call customer service, they say they'll resend it, and the next week the order comes in, and is wrong... again. Within 2 weeks I received 2 parts to the order with the right packing slip and incorrect product. At my sisters shower she received a lot of duplicate gifts and Im starting to wonder how many of those gifts were actually sent improperly, but people didnt notice. Its my sisters first child, and shes the first of her friends to get pregnant AND my husband and I havent started having children yet, and I definitely will not be partaking in any business with babies r us, toys r us, or any affiliated company in the future because this is disgraceful and the company should be ashamed.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2017

Little castle Sophie glider - I ordered this glider for my daughter-in-law as a shower gift. It was place on Nov 10 2016. They said 7 to 14 days. Today is Jan 12 2017 and no glider. The baby is due Feb 2. I called Babies R Us and got the runaround. First someone hit the stop order button, then it was still delayed at the warehouse. Now they said, "Sorry but we cancelled this order. We no longer carry it." Really? I am not letting this go. We will go to court. They offered a 25.00 gift card. WTH am I suppose to get her with that. Please people fight this company. Don't let them get away with it. I wouldn't let this slip through the cracks for 100.00. Our baby is coming anyway and no glider. Never ever will I shop at this store! Oh did I mention it was 941.00 for this chair...

Original review: Dec. 26, 2016

A friend who lives out of state was having a baby. I didn't have time to go buy a gift at the store Nor even get to a store to get a card, I decided to purchase a gift card and order a congrats card and send it directly. I ordered this on 9/29/16. It was to go regular mail so I expected her to receive it by the 2nd week of Oct. I told my friend to expect an envelope soon. Nothing ever showed up. I called 3 times checking on status and no one could tell me what was going on. The last time I just asked for a refund. That was the 1st week of Nov. and was told 10 days I would see the credit.

1st week of Dec still no refund so I called again. They said the rep never processed the refund and she would do immediately. A week later my friend called and said she got the card. SO instead of refund they sent the card! Luckily I didn't go out and purchase another gift to replace what was not sent. I told my friend to check to make sure there was $ on card as I was supposed to be refunded and the $ was still on card. THREE MONTHS AND 4 PHONE CALLS TO GET A GIFT CARD DELIVERED OR A REFUND!!! That is insane! I will never purchase anything online from them again and I will never recommend them either. Horrible service. You would think they would give me something in return for the inconvenience but then again, that would require me to shop there.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2016

We had registered at Babies R Us and Target for our first child. We did not receive many of the items off the Babies R Us registry, so my husband and I went to the store after my baby shower. We had a 20% store coupon and were hoping to use it on something... we had (no exaggeration) 2 completely full shopping carts of baby items, including cloth diapers, wipes, toys, bath tubs, etc. When we checked out, the coupon couldn't be used on 1 item!!! Everything is excluded if you read the fine print on their coupons... diapers, toys, clothes if they are on sale, clearance.

So the only thing I think you could use their coupon on is full-price furniture. I told the cashier their coupons are ridiculous (we spent $918 that day and couldn't use the coupon) and she replied "yeah, our coupons suck." Now that I've shopped around not being a first-time mom anymore, Target and Walmart are so much more reasonably priced with baby food, diapers, etc. I also received many duplicate gifts off my Babies R Us registry, so not sure if there was a problem with items being taken off. Not a fan at all.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2016

My mother in law purchased a crib, dresser, and changing in table topper online for me. She paid almost $300 extra for shipping because of the size/weight of the products. When we unpacked our items we noticed the crib was the wrong color. We double checked our order thinking we made a mistake but it turns out that the warehouse made the mistake and sent us the wrong color. Called customer service and we're told CEVA would call us to pick up the item. When CEVA scanned the item our correct crib would be shipped to us. After CEVA picked up the wrong crib I didn't receive an email stating new crib was sent. So I called customer service again. I was told that the new crib was processed on the 27th.

7 days later I still had no crib but received an email stating the crib had been refunded. Just the purchase price of the crib not the shipping money of almost $300. So I had to call customer service again. Spoke with a manager who said we'd have to repurchase the crib. I said well it's fraud to charge us almost $300 for shipping and send us the wrong item and not refund the shipping. Basically after numerous hours and threats of lawsuits I was able to get the shipping refunded as well. Now we still have no crib a month later and have to purchase it again and wait another week for it to get here. The stress and time I put into this is tremendous. The worst customer service I've ever experienced. I will never buy online again from Toys R Us or Babies R Us and if you want a crib or dresser go elsewhere and save yourself the stress. Wish I could give 0 stars.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2016

I received a gift at my baby shower. It was a Boppy lounger. I opened it to start nesting and prepare for my baby and noticed it was defective. The seaming was coming undone and had a big hole. I called the person I received it from. She said she bought it at BABIES R US. I called BABIES R US to ask if they had the same product there so I can exchange it. I informed them that it was a gift and I don't have a gift receipt. The associate said they can't accept the Boppy lounger back without a receipt. I asked for a exchange of a defective product not money back. She then said, "We can't help you." I asked for her supervisor. A lady came on the phone, gave me the same story. She explained that they would be stuck with the defective product and that they can't help me if I don't have a receipt. I then asked her for the name of the store manager. She didn't wanna give me a name and said last "Hold please."

She never came back to the phone, as I waited for 20 minutes. I hung up and called and asked for the supervisor by name. They said, "Who?" So obvious they gave me fake names. So I explained why I was calling again to this other associate and asked for a manager's name. She also didn't wanna help me and said she's not gonna give me a manager's name and hung up on me. I am very disappointed in BABIES R US customer service. They were acting like I wanted money back, all I wanted was an exchange for the same product because the Boppy lounger was defective - something completely out of my hands. They did not want to help me at all.

I will boycott them. Also I have a lot of friends and family. I will also explain how unprofessional and rude they were and what a hassle I received from them. My experience should have been pleasant and smooth. It seems this store has a lot of the same complaints. Never buying any products from them again. Store 31250 Courthouse Dr. Union City CA. 94587. Store #6431.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2016

I recently had a baby over a year and a half ago. I have made returns and exchanges in the past from previous items that were purchased off of my registry or from people that I needed to return items from. Every time I have gone into a Babies R Us store their staff is unprofessional. There's never anybody in the store to help you. There's never enough cashiers on a register. You always have to wait in line for at least 20 to 30 minutes before getting help. I recently had to return a camera that was purchased from my registry because it stopped working completely. They allowed me to exchange it and it was well over the 90 day grace period as the store claims they have a policy on.

I ended up having to buy a $274 camera. Haven't even had that for three months and this camera has completely stopped working. I have the receipt, the original box it came in. When I called the store to let them know that I needed to come in and return it and exchange it they told me that there was nothing that they could do about it because it was over 90 days. I am a stay at home mom. We have one income in the house and I am now stuck with a camera that doesn't work and am being forced to buy another camera which we can't even afford. They have not called me back as I have called corporate twice to make a complaint.

They obviously don't care about keeping their customers so I will now gummy be taking my business to Buy Buy Baby as they are more professional. They have way more help and you never have to wait in line for a return or to check out. Babies R Us is a disgrace and I feel sorry for any mother who has to go into a Babies R Us store and deal with any of their staff. I refuse to take my hard working money and make any future purchases in their store as they didn't even care to help a customer.

Babies R Us Company Information