1.15/5
  • 1 star
Based on 41 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Dec. 9, 2017

354 Babies R Us Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Dec. 9, 2017

My wife purchased a children's lamp from Babies R Us that cost about $50. The lamp is attractive for a child's room, but, unfortunately, it does not work. There's something wrong with the wiring so that the light will not stay on. My wife contacted Babies R Us customer service today to resolve the problem. You would think that Babies R Us would value repeat customers and help quickly resolve a problem like this, but instead my wife was placed on hold for 15 minutes, at which point she could not wait any longer. Well, that's not the way to keep this customer coming back!

Original review: Dec. 5, 2017

My grandmother ordered a changing topper for my wife and I as a present for a new baby that we are expecting. Unfortunately, when we received the package that Babies R US shipped to us, we found out that it was the dresser and not the changing topper. We reviewed the packing list and it clearly stated that the item shipped was the topper and not the dresser, but it looks like someone in the warehouse pulled the wrong item. We reached out to the customer service team and were told that it would be 2-3 weeks before we got the correct item, to which I told them that 2-3 weeks was too long to wait as the baby was due any time. They did manage to get me the return label right away so that I could return the incorrect merchandise and I was promised that due to their error I would have the correct item in 2-3 days. When the third day passed I was annoyed and called again.

I was told that the first person I spoke with forgot to finalize the reshipment of the item and I would have the item that Saturday. When Saturday came and went I called again, now I am promised that I would have the item no later than Tuesday. Tuesday comes and goes, now they tell me that I will have the item in 3-4 days and that they are shipping the item next day air at their expense... Not sure why next day air would take 3-4 days to arrive, but this is unacceptable. This issue has been "escalated" by four separate people now and I have yet to receive a call or email that tells me that they are doing anything about getting me the correct item that they have already collected money for. I have never seen such inept customer service with a lack of follow through on promises. It is no wonder that a company with this mentality is going bankrupt. I cannot imagine that we will ever purchase from this company again after everything they have failed to do.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Nov. 27, 2017

My son lives in the US. I live in Canada. He is registered on the Babies R Us site. I wanted to order a chair for him. I filled out the info. but when it came to the part that said state/province, I could not find a default for the provinces. I then called the store where he lives near and is registered, but they wouldn't take my order over the phone. They gave me a 1-800 number to call to place the order. I called it and was at the Canadian Toys R Us center. Ten minutes on hold I was told they can't take the order and I was advised to call a 1-877 number.

They agreed it is frustrating when the store gives out erroneous information. I phoned the 1-877 number and spent the next hour on the phone. A pleasant sounding woman said, "No problem. I will place your order." I tell her the problem (that I have a Canadian address for the credit card) but she says that is no problem. And so begins an hour on the phone, I spelled my name 8 times before she got it right, there were long, long pauses and she struggled at every step along the way.

I finally was at the end of my rope and she said we are almost there. She acknowledged it was her first day on the job and that she was consulting with her supervisor and that was why the pauses were so long. Finally I said, "Why don't you write down my information (credit card) and you can enter it" (my dinner had been on the table for some time waiting for me). She said fine and seemed to take down the info. But she didn't ask for my expiry date or security code which made me think she wasn't really going to place the order.

So I asked her how will I know it's placed, and she told me she would email me my receipt. Later that evening I could see the item was shown as having been purchased on the registry but I had no confirmation email. So I called back. I explained everything that happened with the last call. She apologized and asked my name. I explained that I hadn't given the woman my name but rather my son's name. So I gave her that and my phone etc. She paused again a long time, said she wasn't seeing anything and then put me on hold to speak to her supervisor.

When she came back she said politely "I can't help you since you won't give me your name or order number." I thought I would lose my mind. I said, "but I did give you a name, and I have no order number, that is why I am calling". So I asked if I could speak to the supervisor. Another 5 minutes, she came back and said the supervisor wouldn't be able to speak to me, and since I wasn't providing the info they needed they couldn't help me. So I calmly (not that I felt calm) explained the whole point of my call was to say I don't think the order went through.

Frankly I wouldn't have tried so hard if it wasn't for the fact the chair on their registry was half price for Thanksgiving. I said, "Look. Let's just order it again." Well she hemmed and hawed about maybe it was already ordered but I persevered and she started the order. Again I gave all the info, spelled names etc. And when we finally got to the address part for the credit card she told me it wouldn't work because I had an international address. OK how many times had I explained that to how many people, and finally I was hearing it would never work.

All that time wasted. Why aren't they putting a note on the website to that effect. The kicker was that she told me for all the trouble she'd give me a 5 dollar coupon. She started to read out the number. I was writing it down and the number was wrapping around my paper. It was 20 characters. Try just reading out 20 numbers and you will see how ridiculous it is. How about a code like sorryaboutthat. I don't think I have ever experienced so many misinformed and outright incompetent people. I am still shaking my head.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2017

When you place an order you are unable to make any updates to your order, they also don't have any additional options for you. SOMETIMES you are able to cancel an order within 45 minutes of placing your order. The customer service representative could not provide me an estimated time as to when the refund will be sent back to me. All I wanted to do is pick up the item at a different location.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

I signed up for the registry and when you sign up it's all smiles. When you have an issue no one wants to help you. I received an item from my registry that cost $49.99 and it was broken. I called customer service a total of 8 times. Spent collectively 5 hours on the phone trying to get store credit for the item. I requested that they send a return label for shipping, that didn't work, they said FedEx would come with a label. The poor FedEx guy kept coming (about different 4 times) to pick up without a label as he said he was instructed to just pick up the item not have a label with him.

I asked them to credit me the money for the item. They claimed they could only do it after they received the item back at the warehouse, well my dilemma was that FedEx couldn't take it back so the catch was I would never get my money back. It was only after I threatened to call the BBB and Consumer Affairs that they gave me a credit but that was 8 phone calls and 5 hours later. My conclusion was that if they never picked up the broken item then they would not have to give me the credit back so it worked in their favor. If you are considering signing up for a registry I would recommend another store not this one. Beware!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Babies R Us?

Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

I went to Babies R Us to purchase a crib and dresser with my husband. We had my dad's van and his help to bring the furniture into our home. We were told there were no cribs in stock and that we would have to order online. We sat with an associate for 2 HOURS while she placed our order online. We received a call 2 days before delivery and was the told the merchandise would be placed on the curb. I have NEVER ordered furniture and had it placed on the curb. We paid an additional $225 for delivery because the items were not available in the store and were told they could not be delivered to the store. The only option was deliver to the home. $225 to have my furniture left on the curb.

In order for the items to be brought inside we would have to upgrade to "white glove" service. We asked the shipping company if we could upgrade and for the cost and was told that they can't disclose the price for upgrade that isn't an option. THEY WOULD NEED APPROVAL FROM TOYS R US. It's crazy to me that a multibillion dollar company would drop BABY FURNITURE at the curb. If it delivered at 10 am my merchandise has to sit outside until 7pm when someone gets home? OR if it's raining, my wood crib has to sit out and be ruined until someone gets home.

It's ridiculous that my husband would have to take the day off and ask someone else to do the same to bring the furniture in the house. Poor customer service! I made a million phone calls and was directed back to the store, then to the online customer service, to the shipping company and around in circles. NO ONE knew anything or how to resolve this issue. DO NOT get your furniture from Babies R Us because this will be the outcome. DESPICABLE!

Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

As I have read, I am not alone with my gripe about them getting the wrong info on the packages, unlike they tried to lead me to believe last evening when I called the customer service dept! They "assured" me that the package I had shipped to my son and DIL was a "computer glitch" that cause the error in the shipping label. I'm guessing they don't have a professional shipping dept that handles their shipments. HOW HARD CAN IT BE. Items to my son and DIL (who are military) are being shipped to either his name and box, or her box and his name, or as in my case, her address and MY NAME. SERIOUSLY, how do they keep getting away with this?

Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

I purchased an item from a baby registry on Sunday, November 12th at 8 am. After receiving the confirmation I noticed the item was being shipped to the person having the baby and it was not supposed to be. I looked at the FAQs and it said if less than 15 minutes you can click a cancel button to cancel the order. The cancel button was not there even though it was less than 2 minutes! I called the customer service and she told me that because it was only a few minutes the order was not in her system and for me to call back in 20 minutes. I did, and the next girl could see the order and she told me I would be receiving a confirmation email sometime that afternoon with the cancellation. I did not receive it. I called again on Monday morning and a nice woman named Donna told me that unfortunately they cannot cancel an order but they have to assign it to a case worker and it takes 3-5 business days to hear back.

In the meantime the item can be shipped to the wrong party! She suggested I wait til I get this confirmation email from the carrier and try to confiscate the package through them so that it doesn't go to the girl whose shower is a surprise! This is such a terrible way to do business! I tried to cancel this within 2 minutes of the order and it could not be done. Now I have two charges on my American Express. I will never do business with these people again and after reading a bunch of complaints on this site with the exact same problem, I am deeming this a scam! Do not buy from Babies R Us!!

Original review: Oct. 26, 2017

I wanted to surprise a friend and bought a few things off of her registry online but the billing address changed to the registrant's instead of mine. I was still billed for the items I purchased but it was delivered to my friend's home without my info. I called customer service and asked what they could do to correct the issue because I wanted them to know it was from me but because everything was shipped they refused to do anything. The customer service rep said that possibly the package may have had my name on it but couldn't be sure. I'm wondering why Babies R Us has the registry set up like this. They clearly have my info because I was billed. I checked with my friend and the package did not have any identifying information and they didn't know who the gifts were from. So if you'd like to send gifts anonymously Babies R Us is for you! I find it ridiculous that they couldn't do anything to rectify this.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2017

I placed an order from a Babies R Us online registry. I received an online confirmation, I received a follow-up email from Babies R Us/Toys R Us stating they had received my order, confirming the order and the order number. I also checked my PayPal account to make sure everything was as it should be. No problems. I saved a file with all of the documentation.

I went to follow up today to find out if the item would be received on time. I had to call them because the order tracking on their website could not find the order. They could not find the order. I offered to forward them a copy of my file. They refused. The only solution they were willing to offer was they would pass it to their IT department who might get back to me in 72 hours (BUSINESS HOURS). Meanwhile, my mom has no gift fourteen days after order was placed. Unacceptable behavior. Don't risk doing business with them. I am now contacting PayPal to try and cancel the authorization for them to take money from my account.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2017

I wish I had read the consumer reviews before registering at Babies R Us. Being that it is the only baby store close to me, I didn't think to review it online beforehand. I have had numerous issues right from the start. First issue, I made a purchase off of my own registry (a breast pump for $450). I was charged for the pump, and received a shipping confirmation that it was in transit to my home - then the next day, was half way across the country - and someone else had signed for it. I called Babies R Us, and NO ONE understood what was going on, anyone I talked to seemed like it was their first day on the job, and I spent hours on the phone - (at this point I just wanted my money back). Finally - the answer was that the shipping label had been compromised during delivery and was sent back to their warehouse.

Understandable, but if I hadn't called, I would still not have a breast pump, nor my $450. Complete confusion on their part, no idea how to track the problem or how to fix it, it’s like you have to tell them what they need to do. Next problem - items are not being marked as purchased on my registry. I purchased the 2 most expensive items off my registry last week, neither was marked as purchased, and I did not receive the rewards for my purchase. Spend 1 hr on the phone with Babies R Us, again - NO IDEA how to fix the problem. I told her I am reading online this is happening to other people, and that someone there should know how to fix it, she responded by putting me on hold again and again. She finally said she fixed it, it is not currently fixed. I have no more patience to call back, there seems to be a theme here - they can't fix seemingly simple issues, and have no CSR's that will actually take action to get to the root of the problem.

My shower is next weekend, I'm sure I will have plenty of duplicate gifts, most of which I will lose out on the 10% back because I don't have the energy or the patience to deal with Babies R Us anymore. Bad customer service, bad system, no wonder they are filing chapter 11. I would go with Amazon if I could do this again, they have the best customer service!

Original review: Oct. 24, 2017

On 10/19/17 I placed an online order for my nieces baby shower. Tried to change the shipping address after I received the confirmation email and noticed the items were being shipped to my nieces address. I immediately called customer service after I received the confirmation email to change the address and was told that it can't be done even though it was still in the process stages. What shocked me the most the customer service rep kept telling me to cancel my order! Really??? To put the icing on the cake I called today to check status on my order and they don't have that order in their system, Now I'm PISSED!!! I have been on the phone with these people on and off since this morning for a total of 3 1/2 hours. One operator left me on hold for over an hour and every time I call I have to tell the story again and again and they still haven't resolved this. I'm soooooo frustrated. Babies R Us is the WORST!!!

Original review: Oct. 24, 2017

After my baby was born, I decided to buy some things off my, Babies R Us registry. I placed my online order on 10/16 and received an email confirmation that BRS received my order and I was provided an order number. Nine days later, I had not received an email confirmation for processing or shipping. I ordered a Tommee Tippee breast pump adapter set for my Avent pump, body support for my son's car seat, and more bottle wash.

All of the items are small. I called customer service and when I provided them with my order number they could not find an order associated with my order number, and when I logged onto my BRS account it claims I have zero orders on my order history. Stupid me places a second order four days after I placed my 10/16 order and the same thing happened. BRS cannot find either of my orders. What a lovely company!!!

Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

Tried to change a shipping address after Babies R Us online order was being shipped to the wrong address. Almost immediately called customer service to change the address after noticing it was being shipped to wrong address. Customer service said they were unable to change the address even though it was still in the process of being processed!! Then to cancel the order was no guarantee either! Lady said it would take 3-5 business days to see if the cancellation request was even accepted! This company is the worst I've ever experienced in customer service! Will not deal with them again!!! So now I have to sit here and twiddle my thumbs for 3-5 days before I can even make a decision on what I can do about repurchasing this item at another store or wait to see if item shows up at the wrong address. Babies R Us is the worst!!

Original review: Oct. 13, 2017

Stork Craft Davenport 5-in-1 convertible crib with drawer - We purchased the abovementioned crib for a friend. My husband helped put the crib together when it arrived... The drawer would not fit. It fell down on one side and would not slide in... Because my husband is good with wood tools he managed to fix the drawer so it would slide in as it was supposed to and they could use it. I thought you should know this particular crib has a defect... After I purchased the crib a new notation was placed under the picture of the crib stating certain cribs would get a free mattress... We ordered a mattress not knowing that.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2017

When I got pregnant I was originally planning to have an Amazon baby registry. We are a military family and online just seemed way easier not only for us, but our families as well, due to the distance. My closest friends convinced me to use Babies R Us instead. We have a full registry. We have gotten complaints from almost all of our family members because of the price of the items, but that's not my biggest issue (although an annoying one). My issue is the way in which this company chooses to ship large items. We ordered our nursery furniture and we had to have them delivered to our home. The first large item was our crib. My dad very generously bought our crib for us, and had it shipped to our home. He ordered it on 7/28... We did not receive it until 9/19... This wasn't a huge issue since we were still far from our due date, but you still may be wondering WHY it took nearly 2 months when they advertise that it ships quickly.

In this case Babies R Us used a shipper that's not a national shipper that you hear about either like FedEx or UPS. I can't even remember the name of it. Turns out... They had my crib in their warehouse ready to ship just 10 or so miles from my house for about 4 weeks. They couldn't deliver without contacting us first because we live on a base, and they have to be sponsored on. It took me making several phone calls to track it down and find out why they had not delivered it. When my dad called they wouldn't provide him the information even though he was the purchaser.

They said it was because they didn't have mine or my husbands phone numbers... which honestly makes no sense because the item was selected directly off of our registry and tagged to us. They take all that info when you set up the registry. When I called I set up a time for delivery and provided them mine and my husbands cell phone numbers. They didn't call me! They called my dad! Who I had not given his number. Apparently they had it the whole time that my crib was sitting in their warehouse and never called him...

The second furniture item we purchased was a dresser. I ordered it from our online registry myself. It seemed to go way smoother because just over a week after I ordered it I received a call from the delivery company (another company you've never heard of). I schedule a time to sponsor the delivery onto base. When I speak with the delivery guy at the gate he tells me that he thinks the box was damaged but didn't see any damage to the dresser itself. He wanted me to check before taking it to my house. He brought it down from the truck. There was a large hole in the box on the side. At first it didn't look like there was damage to the dresser. I moved some of the packaging away... and what do you know? There was a huge dent/scratch on the very front middle of my brand new dresser. So I refused the package due to the damage. The delivery man apologized, he was actually quite nice.

He provided me the number to call his office so I can work on getting a replacement. I called them later that day and left a message. It's been 3 days now and no callback. I called Babies R Us and because the shipping company has not updated I can't request a new dresser yet. On their website they advertise free shipping... This is NOT accurate. For large items like furniture, it will say free shipping until you get to the checkout and they charge a $120 "shipping surcharge". So it's VERY misleading. To me free shipping actually means free shipping.

I would have liked to have the dresser delivered to the store, and when I made my registry I asked how long it actually takes to get things shipped to the store. At the time they told me just a few weeks. When I called to order the dresser for ship to store, they said it would be about 12 weeks before I could get it. At the time, I was due in 9 weeks. So you could see how that wouldn't work. So when you're considering Babies R Us think about when and where you want to buy your furniture. The other items ordered online have shipped through FedEx and been received within a few days of ordering. If I could do it over again, I don't think I would go with Babies R Us. It's been more trouble than it's worth.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2017

Conveniently they can't give me credit for the most expensive item purchased off my registry in their "Registry Rewards" Program. Apparently one of their employees marked as purchased, but they didn't as for the order information so the rewards will not count. After a 50 minute conversation, they suggested waiting to see if I receive the item, and then if so, embarrassingly as the giver for the receipt. Seriously? Ask someone for the receipt of a gift they gave? Also, everything is out of stock, and now may be stuck with a convertible crib I can't buy the conversion kits for. Embarrassing, but I guess that's what you get when you do business with a company in Chapter 11.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2017

It's no wonder why this company is going out of business! Their policies are terrible and have no customer focus. In the past 2 months, my family and I have dropped probably upwards of $2000-3000 in Babies R Us. Their online system did not accept the completion coupon so when I called to get the coupon applied I was told there was nothing that they could do and that I would have to use the coupon on my next purchase.

ONLY when I threatened cancelling the entire order did the manager say she could do a one-time "courtesy" of applying a $20 coupon off that I had. HOWEVER I had to take the $20 off in the form of store credit (i.e. they refused to credit my credit card that I used on the only and would only credit the gift card that I also used to pay). My blood pressure is through the roof from dealing with that company - and at 36 weeks pregnant that's the last thing that I needed! You're an awful company... I'll look forward to just shopping at Buy-Buy Baby and Amazon in the future.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2017

I placed an order today online from a baby registry and when I received my confirmation email I noticed that they defaulting to shipping to the people on the registry instead of my address. I called them immediately but because of the length of time I was waiting to speak to someone I was told I could not change the shipping address. This is ridiculous since the order had not even been shipped yet. Why would the default be the person on the registry? This is for a surprise shower! They said you only have 45 minutes from the time you place the order to either cancel it or make changes to it. I WILL NEVER ORDER ONLINE OR PURCHASE IN THEIR STORE AGAIN!

Original review: Sept. 8, 2017

This company's customer service and shipping departments are the absolute worst I have ever experienced. After numerous phone calls and emails, my gift was finally received by the expectant mother. Thank God for Amazon, because I will be using them from now on. FYI: should you take a chance doing business with this company and you decide to cancel your order (because of non-delivery) and you request a refund, customer service will probably tell you that your request has to be "reviewed" by someone else before it can be processed. Immediately ask for a supervisor who can cancel the order and have the charge removed from your credit card. I was told by "Holly," one of the supervisors, that they are the ones who "review" such requests. Good luck!

Original review: Aug. 28, 2017
Someone ordered a crib for us off of the registry, and after waiting two weeks or so, we called for tracking information. After being on hold for 40 minutes and begging them to give us some info (we weren't the ones who purchased it), it turns out they lost the crib. Stuck in processing. Just a plain crib, not a special order.

We spent weeks, hours in the store, called and reordered/had the order pushed through FIVE TIMES. Each time, they gave us the same answer about it being stuck in processing, and promising they'd push it through and expedite the shipping.

To make a long story short, we NEVER received the crib, customer service is absolutely horrible, and made our situation seem like an inconvenience to them. We demanded to cancel and get a refund, and we're still waiting on the refund to be processed. As if things couldn't get worse, somewhere during this time, someone changed our email in the system to DUMMY@DUMMY.COM! Obviously causing trouble when we tried to track our order and they asked for the email. I couldn't believe it. Totally unacceptable way to run a business. When I told customer service about this, they told me they would give me 15% off a purchase online. Thanks a lot, Babies R Us. I'm 39 weeks and need to find a new crib. Will NEVER SHOP HERE AGAIN. Will tell everyone I know about this awful experience.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2017

Check Amazon before you buy from this Company. I placed an order with Babies R Us mistakenly before checking Amazon. Amazon was much cheaper with 2-day guaranteed deliver with NO additional $50 handling fee that Babies R Us charges conveniently. Then I spent 1 hour or more waiting for and then speaking to customer service and then a supervisor only to find out that Babies R Us gives a 30 to 50 minute window of time to cancel the order after placing it online - which is shorter than the time I spent holding on the phone to speak to the customer service department!!! Then I was told, after all of this, that an email will be sent to me within 48 hours determining if the order can be canceled or not. HORRIBLE COMPANY POLICY AND BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE. BUYER BEWARE!!!

Original review: Aug. 21, 2017

You would think a conglomerate company such as Babies R Us/Toys R Us would have a working website. It was the worst experience I have ever had trying to order a gift off of a friend's registry. I refuse to ever buy anything from this site ever again. I will purchase on Amazon or target before I ever try buying anything from this site. I will make sure to spread the word to all my expecting mommy friends. I tried to order one item from 3 different computers in different locations and even on different browsers and besides the fact that the site moves like molasses it doesn't let you add gift messages. It also doesn't actually remove the item off of the registry either. Complete garbage.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2017

I've tried for 2 weeks now to purchase items from your online site for my new granddaughter, due to arrive in September. After seeing that I could receive an additional 15% off, I applied for the 'R Us' card, and I was approved immediately. I printed out the '15% off' form that has the application key code on it, but when I tried to print off the temporary shopping pass, the page went blank. I tried several more times to place my order. Finally, I just decided to wait until the card came in the mail.

So, card received and activated, and when I tried to place my order online just an hour ago, it would not accept the Application Key Code for the 15% off and gives me an error. This is THE MOST un-friendly website I have ever dealt with and I am extremely unhappy with this service. I have already missed the baby shower (it was on 8/5). My only alternative is to go direct to the store to make my purchases, and all I have to say is they had better accept the 15% credit coupon, and I had better receive the online pricing. If not, I will go elsewhere and pay full price, as far as I'm concerned this is a SCAM.

Original review: July 15, 2017

Their baby registry program is a SCAM, DO NOT FALL FOR IT AND MAKE YOUR FRIENDS BUY FROM THEM. Upon registry you will be given temptation for coupons and stuff so you force your friends and family to buy gifts from them which are overpriced. And when you try to redeem your coupon they will have excuses like "coupon not working or it a sale item, you can't use coupon on sale items etc.etc." And dont expect it to be told politely, better go to Walmart and get better stuff at better price!

Original review: July 15, 2017

I used the gift cards I received at my shower to order 17 different items. Obviously I spent enough money for the free shipping but when completing my order they split it into two shipments, one with only two small products (a portable bottle warmer/heat pack and carseat cover) and charged me shipping on them, none of which were listed as excluded from that promotion. I can live with that so I placed the order. I mean I had all these giftcards. I had to. Now I'm receiving emails for 1-2 items at a time that have shipped, so you mean to tell me they'll be shipping 17 items all seperately! This is crazy, after reading other reviews I worry when I'll actually receive any of these things. I just can't fathom receiving 17 different packages. So far only 3 things have shipped (it's been about a week). All items under $30, in two different shipments. I really hope this isn't how it's going to be for the rest of my order.

I have other complaints about the website itself and the store that would take days to get into so I'll just put it this way, they need to get their act together. They make enough money to upgrade to a decent quick loading website and revamp their stores, and hire decent employees. It seems no matter which Toys R Us you go to ppl are saying the same things about the employees. At the one near me they obviously take no pride in their work and are unsympathetic to expecting mothers.

Original review: July 6, 2017

I went in on June 8th and ordered my baby's crib. I paid in full and was told that I'd receive a phone call in a week, two tops that my crib would be ready for pickup. Three and a half weeks later I still hadn't gotten any phone calls. I went in on July 3rd and questioned them about it. They informed me my crib had come in almost THREE weeks ago but they forgot to call me. They went back the next day, or two days later, and the crib was gone and that someone had sold it.

I can understand a slip of the mind and forgetting to call me, but if you knew the crib had been mistakenly sold, why wouldn't you get a new one ordered in for me? After almost an hour of dealing with this, and of them trying to get me to settle for a different color of my crib, that they did have in the back, they finally got a new one ordered. I'm told it should be in on Saturday the 8th.

However, what would have happened had I not gone in to ask about my crib? I tried to be patient so I waited for almost a month, but had I continued to wait would they have even done anything about it? I have three months until my baby is due but let's say that I was a mom that was just about to give birth and this had happened, if my baby was born before I received my crib I'd have nowhere for him to sleep.

This was a mistake on Babies R Us' account and it made me not only stress out more than I already do with all of my other baby preparations, but it also caused me to become very irritated. The crib was a gift from my father and it should have been a simple purchase, pay, receive. Instead I have to deal with being told they sold my crib and not even acting like they did something wrong. Also, never try to force an expecting mom to settle for a crib that isn't the one she fell in love with. I usually have good experiences with Babies R Us and Toys R Us but this was easily the WORST experience of customer service I have ever gone through in my life.

Original review: June 28, 2017

I ordered a baby swing over a month ago. I have called to check the status every single week and all it says is it is being processed. So I finally called and spoke to a girl named Alicia, I called the customer service line. She wouldn't give me ANY info for the order because it was in MY HUSBAND'S NAME. This is Babies R Us not the IRS. Horrible customer service, horrible service. Still no idea when the swing will be delivered. I will NEVER EVER order from them again. Actually I will never go to their overpriced stores AGAIN.

Original review: June 7, 2017

Dave Brandon should be furious...needs to take immediate action with shipping, receiving and all management from the store level to the manufacturer at Houston store #9547!! Quite simply - either people in management, should NOT be; or people in charge of shipping/receiving/stocking do not have technology to do their jobs!! Glider arrived ok and was picked up at store, but no ottoman - was told it MAY have been delivered to a different store and from Manufacturer to Warehouse to Store, they have no way of tracking it!??

So, it was re-ordered and 12 weeks later we are still getting excuses!!! REALLY??? My daughter's baby will be here in 2 weeks and she is very distressed - this gift should have arrived long before the baby. A Corporation the size of Toys R Us which has been in business over 50 years, doesn't have the technology to track their merchandise - ESPECIALLY a Special Order!! Mr Brandon - does the Ref. # for the complaint I filed actually go to anybody who is willing to fix this problem? Or will I hear back from someone at the store level (again) who tells me to just be patient?

Original review: May 11, 2017

The Babies R Us umbrella stroller was used usually for toddlers, not a infant stroller. My daughter seemed to be very comfortable in it. The price was good. Also, it folds very easily and is compact to store in trunk. It has cup holders and a tray I could put snacks on for my child. It was lightweight and ready to use from the store, no assembly required, no instructions needed, pretty much self explanatory. We used it at the park and it was very easy to maneuver. Never had any problems with it.

Babies R Us Company Information