1.13/5
Based on 254 reviews that contain star ratings

362 Babies R Us Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: June 2, 2018

I recently added a new little person to my family and was given a gift of $60 as a gift. The issue is the gift card is for Toys R Us and Babies R Us and they have refused to take their money. They didn't give any notice either for using gift card before deciding to cheat vulnerable people out their money. Instead one day I showed up to the store. They had a sign posted that were no longer accepting their gift card and wanted more of your money for things they already got pay for.

I was saving the money to buy a bigger car seat for my little person but was researching first. Just because I am a first time mom. I had gone in the store before and looked around and saw many items I could purchase but decided I would be patient and do my due diligence to just make sure my purchase would be satisfying and safe for my little people. However, I won't know what that feels like to use my money because this company has stole the money. Someone should step in and do something since they have goods that we have already paid for but they want consumers to pay twice. This is shady, and evil and maybe that is the real reason for their failure. How can they even get away with this? Corporate greed is horrible. Wish they had a zero rating score I could have used, I am so disgusted by them.

Original review: May 7, 2018

During Babies R Us trade-in sale we purchased a dresser (March 11th 2018) prior to liquidation. It was to be shipped to the store within 6-8 weeks. Account was charged March 12th. That time has come and I have not received any information. Called the store and due to being in liquidation they do not have access to any of the computer systems that handled the furniture. Was told to contact 1-800-869-7787 but that number has been disconnected. Contact the manufacturer and they said they had quit shipping out items as soon as they announced liquidation. Unable to get any contact information from Babies R Us. I am now having to dispute the charges with my bank!

Get expert buying tips about Kids Toys and Products delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 6, 2018

My wife called the Babies R Us customer service line this morning. We were signed up for the baby registry promotion where you get up to 10% back on items purchased and the company also matches. It has been 4 months since the time the registry closed. When we contacted the service initially we were told it takes two months to receive the incentive and it would be in the form of a gift card. Fast forward we call today and was told there was a glitch in the system where none of the items bought had been calculated. When asked if the company could fix it the rep said no. We know that sometimes it's out of the rep hands to fix things so we asked to speak with management. We were then told that there was no management to speak with and we needed to get a lawyer for any more inquiries. She then disconnected us while we were about to ask why.

I tried to contact the 1 800 number for the store and was told they had no management to speak to, no contact number to leave a voicemail, no email address for management reps, and a physical address could not be given to write a letter. We had our family invest so much money in this registry because of the savings and future purchases we could get. Now we feel scammed as it forced us to go to the store and buy thousands of dollars in their products. I am in the military and it's hard to believe I'm fighting to be treated like this by a company whose investments I protect with my life.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2018

I have my baby register with Babies R Us and they told me that for every purchase made in the store for me, I should receive a percentage in rewards when I have my baby. Well, one person made a purchase online, but it didn't do it from the register even though it is reflected in the order that this item that I have in my list was send it to me. Another person bought us the same item, but in the store and this person gave the register number so it is reflected on my list now. The other one is not reflected reason why I don't earn my rewards for that purchase.

I call Babies...and they said they cannot do anything because I only requested one, so I only get points for that one. So, my question is what is the deal here? I bring people to buy stuff at the store, and I am not earning anything in return. They offered me to return the merchandise, ok that's perfect but they cannot assure me that they will give me cash back, probably a gift card. Incredible right? The store benefits no matter how from this purchase and in my case I only will obtain a card to spend on the same store, no any rewards for me even if I decided to keep the same item repeated.

Second problem was when a person bought me two crib sheets online from my register. The store send only one, and we don't know why they send the blue one to another address and I have never received it. This person has to run to another store and bought me that item because she was claiming to Babies...and they didn't have answer for her.

Third problem was with an item, a baby diaper bag that my sister bought for me. She requested to pick it up at the store. Once the order was ready, she went to the store and the order wasn't there. After some calls they asked her to come back another day, what she did and she could finally pick up the bag and you know what, she had to make like three calls after that to get Babies...including the item in my list and providing me with the deserve rewards. So shame about Babies R Us, lots of people recommended me to go to Target or other stores and I thought Babies R Us was the best, but it hasn't been at all.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2018

If you apply for the credit card to get the coupon, don't close the screen for the coupon or the temporary shopping pass!! I applied, got approved, and a temporary shopping pass and the code for the coupon showed up on my screen. I tried to place the order that night (Saturday), but because the item cost more than I was approved for and the website doesn't allow for split payment, I had to call in to place the order. Monday I called to place the order, but notice the code and coupon were gone from my computer. I called customer service and was told it was emailed to me.

I never received it. And now they can't look up the card or the coupon, or resend the email. There was never any notification on the screen saying that you must save the number or not have access to it again. I don't want to wait 2 weeks for the actual card to come in because the item I'm trying to order is special order and will take 6-8 weeks to get in. I asked if I could go into the store and they could look up there and was told no. This is so frustrating and ridiculous! The only reason I applied was for the discount and to order this one item, and now I can't.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Babies R Us?

Original review: Jan. 6, 2018

I signed up for the rewards program when I created my baby registry. I spent $634 from my registry to earns pts, was told I would be greatly rewarded with pts with my huge purchase. Found out today I was rewarded $21.75 on an egiftcard. I thought that number was surprisingly low compared to what I was told from a manager during my time in the store. I called customer service and they told me half of my pts were not qualified to be used as rewards because I had used coupons that they gave me. No one said that coupons wouldn't apply towards reward pts. I am highly disappointed in this, I was expecting a lot more rewards cash back. With my next baby I will not use Babies R Us. Their rewards program is not rewarding.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2017

Because of a computer glitch my online ordered from Babies R Us is being sent to another address instead of mine. After being on the phone 2/12 hrs I finally got through to their customer service and they said there is nothing they can do. They wouldn't cancel the order or fix their shipping mistake. All my items are going to Ohio and I live in Virginia. I've tried calling FedEx USPS to try and get this fixed but no help from them. Toys R Us customer service is horrible and in my opinion they are thieves.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2017

My wife purchased a children's lamp from Babies R Us that cost about $50. The lamp is attractive for a child's room, but, unfortunately, it does not work. There's something wrong with the wiring so that the light will not stay on. My wife contacted Babies R Us customer service today to resolve the problem. You would think that Babies R Us would value repeat customers and help quickly resolve a problem like this, but instead my wife was placed on hold for 15 minutes, at which point she could not wait any longer. Well, that's not the way to keep this customer coming back!

Original review: Dec. 5, 2017

My grandmother ordered a changing topper for my wife and I as a present for a new baby that we are expecting. Unfortunately, when we received the package that Babies R US shipped to us, we found out that it was the dresser and not the changing topper. We reviewed the packing list and it clearly stated that the item shipped was the topper and not the dresser, but it looks like someone in the warehouse pulled the wrong item. We reached out to the customer service team and were told that it would be 2-3 weeks before we got the correct item, to which I told them that 2-3 weeks was too long to wait as the baby was due any time. They did manage to get me the return label right away so that I could return the incorrect merchandise and I was promised that due to their error I would have the correct item in 2-3 days. When the third day passed I was annoyed and called again.

I was told that the first person I spoke with forgot to finalize the reshipment of the item and I would have the item that Saturday. When Saturday came and went I called again, now I am promised that I would have the item no later than Tuesday. Tuesday comes and goes, now they tell me that I will have the item in 3-4 days and that they are shipping the item next day air at their expense... Not sure why next day air would take 3-4 days to arrive, but this is unacceptable. This issue has been "escalated" by four separate people now and I have yet to receive a call or email that tells me that they are doing anything about getting me the correct item that they have already collected money for. I have never seen such inept customer service with a lack of follow through on promises. It is no wonder that a company with this mentality is going bankrupt. I cannot imagine that we will ever purchase from this company again after everything they have failed to do.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2017

My son lives in the US. I live in Canada. He is registered on the Babies R Us site. I wanted to order a chair for him. I filled out the info. but when it came to the part that said state/province, I could not find a default for the provinces. I then called the store where he lives near and is registered, but they wouldn't take my order over the phone. They gave me a 1-800 number to call to place the order. I called it and was at the Canadian Toys R Us center. Ten minutes on hold I was told they can't take the order and I was advised to call a 1-877 number.

They agreed it is frustrating when the store gives out erroneous information. I phoned the 1-877 number and spent the next hour on the phone. A pleasant sounding woman said, "No problem. I will place your order." I tell her the problem (that I have a Canadian address for the credit card) but she says that is no problem. And so begins an hour on the phone, I spelled my name 8 times before she got it right, there were long, long pauses and she struggled at every step along the way.

I finally was at the end of my rope and she said we are almost there. She acknowledged it was her first day on the job and that she was consulting with her supervisor and that was why the pauses were so long. Finally I said, "Why don't you write down my information (credit card) and you can enter it" (my dinner had been on the table for some time waiting for me). She said fine and seemed to take down the info. But she didn't ask for my expiry date or security code which made me think she wasn't really going to place the order.

So I asked her how will I know it's placed, and she told me she would email me my receipt. Later that evening I could see the item was shown as having been purchased on the registry but I had no confirmation email. So I called back. I explained everything that happened with the last call. She apologized and asked my name. I explained that I hadn't given the woman my name but rather my son's name. So I gave her that and my phone etc. She paused again a long time, said she wasn't seeing anything and then put me on hold to speak to her supervisor.

When she came back she said politely "I can't help you since you won't give me your name or order number." I thought I would lose my mind. I said, "but I did give you a name, and I have no order number, that is why I am calling". So I asked if I could speak to the supervisor. Another 5 minutes, she came back and said the supervisor wouldn't be able to speak to me, and since I wasn't providing the info they needed they couldn't help me. So I calmly (not that I felt calm) explained the whole point of my call was to say I don't think the order went through.

Frankly I wouldn't have tried so hard if it wasn't for the fact the chair on their registry was half price for Thanksgiving. I said, "Look. Let's just order it again." Well she hemmed and hawed about maybe it was already ordered but I persevered and she started the order. Again I gave all the info, spelled names etc. And when we finally got to the address part for the credit card she told me it wouldn't work because I had an international address. OK how many times had I explained that to how many people, and finally I was hearing it would never work.

All that time wasted. Why aren't they putting a note on the website to that effect. The kicker was that she told me for all the trouble she'd give me a 5 dollar coupon. She started to read out the number. I was writing it down and the number was wrapping around my paper. It was 20 characters. Try just reading out 20 numbers and you will see how ridiculous it is. How about a code like sorryaboutthat. I don't think I have ever experienced so many misinformed and outright incompetent people. I am still shaking my head.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2017

When you place an order you are unable to make any updates to your order, they also don't have any additional options for you. SOMETIMES you are able to cancel an order within 45 minutes of placing your order. The customer service representative could not provide me an estimated time as to when the refund will be sent back to me. All I wanted to do is pick up the item at a different location.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

I signed up for the registry and when you sign up it's all smiles. When you have an issue no one wants to help you. I received an item from my registry that cost $49.99 and it was broken. I called customer service a total of 8 times. Spent collectively 5 hours on the phone trying to get store credit for the item. I requested that they send a return label for shipping, that didn't work, they said FedEx would come with a label. The poor FedEx guy kept coming (about different 4 times) to pick up without a label as he said he was instructed to just pick up the item not have a label with him.

I asked them to credit me the money for the item. They claimed they could only do it after they received the item back at the warehouse, well my dilemma was that FedEx couldn't take it back so the catch was I would never get my money back. It was only after I threatened to call the BBB and Consumer Affairs that they gave me a credit but that was 8 phone calls and 5 hours later. My conclusion was that if they never picked up the broken item then they would not have to give me the credit back so it worked in their favor. If you are considering signing up for a registry I would recommend another store not this one. Beware!!

Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

I went to Babies R Us to purchase a crib and dresser with my husband. We had my dad's van and his help to bring the furniture into our home. We were told there were no cribs in stock and that we would have to order online. We sat with an associate for 2 HOURS while she placed our order online. We received a call 2 days before delivery and was the told the merchandise would be placed on the curb. I have NEVER ordered furniture and had it placed on the curb. We paid an additional $225 for delivery because the items were not available in the store and were told they could not be delivered to the store. The only option was deliver to the home. $225 to have my furniture left on the curb.

In order for the items to be brought inside we would have to upgrade to "white glove" service. We asked the shipping company if we could upgrade and for the cost and was told that they can't disclose the price for upgrade that isn't an option. THEY WOULD NEED APPROVAL FROM TOYS R US. It's crazy to me that a multibillion dollar company would drop BABY FURNITURE at the curb. If it delivered at 10 am my merchandise has to sit outside until 7pm when someone gets home? OR if it's raining, my wood crib has to sit out and be ruined until someone gets home.

It's ridiculous that my husband would have to take the day off and ask someone else to do the same to bring the furniture in the house. Poor customer service! I made a million phone calls and was directed back to the store, then to the online customer service, to the shipping company and around in circles. NO ONE knew anything or how to resolve this issue. DO NOT get your furniture from Babies R Us because this will be the outcome. DESPICABLE!

Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

As I have read, I am not alone with my gripe about them getting the wrong info on the packages, unlike they tried to lead me to believe last evening when I called the customer service dept! They "assured" me that the package I had shipped to my son and DIL was a "computer glitch" that cause the error in the shipping label. I'm guessing they don't have a professional shipping dept that handles their shipments. HOW HARD CAN IT BE. Items to my son and DIL (who are military) are being shipped to either his name and box, or her box and his name, or as in my case, her address and MY NAME. SERIOUSLY, how do they keep getting away with this?

Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

I purchased an item from a baby registry on Sunday, November 12th at 8 am. After receiving the confirmation I noticed the item was being shipped to the person having the baby and it was not supposed to be. I looked at the FAQs and it said if less than 15 minutes you can click a cancel button to cancel the order. The cancel button was not there even though it was less than 2 minutes! I called the customer service and she told me that because it was only a few minutes the order was not in her system and for me to call back in 20 minutes. I did, and the next girl could see the order and she told me I would be receiving a confirmation email sometime that afternoon with the cancellation. I did not receive it. I called again on Monday morning and a nice woman named Donna told me that unfortunately they cannot cancel an order but they have to assign it to a case worker and it takes 3-5 business days to hear back.

In the meantime the item can be shipped to the wrong party! She suggested I wait til I get this confirmation email from the carrier and try to confiscate the package through them so that it doesn't go to the girl whose shower is a surprise! This is such a terrible way to do business! I tried to cancel this within 2 minutes of the order and it could not be done. Now I have two charges on my American Express. I will never do business with these people again and after reading a bunch of complaints on this site with the exact same problem, I am deeming this a scam! Do not buy from Babies R Us!!

Original review: Oct. 26, 2017

I wanted to surprise a friend and bought a few things off of her registry online but the billing address changed to the registrant's instead of mine. I was still billed for the items I purchased but it was delivered to my friend's home without my info. I called customer service and asked what they could do to correct the issue because I wanted them to know it was from me but because everything was shipped they refused to do anything. The customer service rep said that possibly the package may have had my name on it but couldn't be sure. I'm wondering why Babies R Us has the registry set up like this. They clearly have my info because I was billed. I checked with my friend and the package did not have any identifying information and they didn't know who the gifts were from. So if you'd like to send gifts anonymously Babies R Us is for you! I find it ridiculous that they couldn't do anything to rectify this.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2017

I placed an order from a Babies R Us online registry. I received an online confirmation, I received a follow-up email from Babies R Us/Toys R Us stating they had received my order, confirming the order and the order number. I also checked my PayPal account to make sure everything was as it should be. No problems. I saved a file with all of the documentation.

I went to follow up today to find out if the item would be received on time. I had to call them because the order tracking on their website could not find the order. They could not find the order. I offered to forward them a copy of my file. They refused. The only solution they were willing to offer was they would pass it to their IT department who might get back to me in 72 hours (BUSINESS HOURS). Meanwhile, my mom has no gift fourteen days after order was placed. Unacceptable behavior. Don't risk doing business with them. I am now contacting PayPal to try and cancel the authorization for them to take money from my account.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2017

I wish I had read the consumer reviews before registering at Babies R Us. Being that it is the only baby store close to me, I didn't think to review it online beforehand. I have had numerous issues right from the start. First issue, I made a purchase off of my own registry (a breast pump for $450). I was charged for the pump, and received a shipping confirmation that it was in transit to my home - then the next day, was half way across the country - and someone else had signed for it. I called Babies R Us, and NO ONE understood what was going on, anyone I talked to seemed like it was their first day on the job, and I spent hours on the phone - (at this point I just wanted my money back). Finally - the answer was that the shipping label had been compromised during delivery and was sent back to their warehouse.

Understandable, but if I hadn't called, I would still not have a breast pump, nor my $450. Complete confusion on their part, no idea how to track the problem or how to fix it, it’s like you have to tell them what they need to do. Next problem - items are not being marked as purchased on my registry. I purchased the 2 most expensive items off my registry last week, neither was marked as purchased, and I did not receive the rewards for my purchase. Spend 1 hr on the phone with Babies R Us, again - NO IDEA how to fix the problem. I told her I am reading online this is happening to other people, and that someone there should know how to fix it, she responded by putting me on hold again and again. She finally said she fixed it, it is not currently fixed. I have no more patience to call back, there seems to be a theme here - they can't fix seemingly simple issues, and have no CSR's that will actually take action to get to the root of the problem.

My shower is next weekend, I'm sure I will have plenty of duplicate gifts, most of which I will lose out on the 10% back because I don't have the energy or the patience to deal with Babies R Us anymore. Bad customer service, bad system, no wonder they are filing chapter 11. I would go with Amazon if I could do this again, they have the best customer service!

Original review: Oct. 24, 2017

On 10/19/17 I placed an online order for my nieces baby shower. Tried to change the shipping address after I received the confirmation email and noticed the items were being shipped to my nieces address. I immediately called customer service after I received the confirmation email to change the address and was told that it can't be done even though it was still in the process stages. What shocked me the most the customer service rep kept telling me to cancel my order! Really??? To put the icing on the cake I called today to check status on my order and they don't have that order in their system, Now I'm PISSED!!! I have been on the phone with these people on and off since this morning for a total of 3 1/2 hours. One operator left me on hold for over an hour and every time I call I have to tell the story again and again and they still haven't resolved this. I'm soooooo frustrated. Babies R Us is the WORST!!!

Original review: Oct. 24, 2017

After my baby was born, I decided to buy some things off my, Babies R Us registry. I placed my online order on 10/16 and received an email confirmation that BRS received my order and I was provided an order number. Nine days later, I had not received an email confirmation for processing or shipping. I ordered a Tommee Tippee breast pump adapter set for my Avent pump, body support for my son's car seat, and more bottle wash.

All of the items are small. I called customer service and when I provided them with my order number they could not find an order associated with my order number, and when I logged onto my BRS account it claims I have zero orders on my order history. Stupid me places a second order four days after I placed my 10/16 order and the same thing happened. BRS cannot find either of my orders. What a lovely company!!!

Original review: Oct. 19, 2017

I ordered 8 items using two Babies R Us gift cards and tried to pay for the balance using my debit card, $47.00. My bank thought it was a fraudulent charge so due to security measures the charge did not go through initially. I notified the bank, that I indeed placed the order, but when the bank lifted the security block, Babies R Us still canceled the order. I called them twice indicating that I needed the items no later than the approximate delivery date, but they made it sound impossible to put the order through. I wanted to change the billing address in case that was an issue and they said they could not do that either. They insisted I cancel the order, wait like two business days to have $100 refunded to my gift cards so that I can finally re-order and get the items later. I got nowhere with these people. Now they have completely cancelled the order on their own. Thanks a lot Babies R Us. You make no sense at all.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

Tried to change a shipping address after Babies R Us online order was being shipped to the wrong address. Almost immediately called customer service to change the address after noticing it was being shipped to wrong address. Customer service said they were unable to change the address even though it was still in the process of being processed!! Then to cancel the order was no guarantee either! Lady said it would take 3-5 business days to see if the cancellation request was even accepted! This company is the worst I've ever experienced in customer service! Will not deal with them again!!! So now I have to sit here and twiddle my thumbs for 3-5 days before I can even make a decision on what I can do about repurchasing this item at another store or wait to see if item shows up at the wrong address. Babies R Us is the worst!!

Original review: Oct. 13, 2017

Stork Craft Davenport 5-in-1 convertible crib with drawer - We purchased the abovementioned crib for a friend. My husband helped put the crib together when it arrived... The drawer would not fit. It fell down on one side and would not slide in... Because my husband is good with wood tools he managed to fix the drawer so it would slide in as it was supposed to and they could use it. I thought you should know this particular crib has a defect... After I purchased the crib a new notation was placed under the picture of the crib stating certain cribs would get a free mattress... We ordered a mattress not knowing that.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2017

When I got pregnant I was originally planning to have an Amazon baby registry. We are a military family and online just seemed way easier not only for us, but our families as well, due to the distance. My closest friends convinced me to use Babies R Us instead. We have a full registry. We have gotten complaints from almost all of our family members because of the price of the items, but that's not my biggest issue (although an annoying one). My issue is the way in which this company chooses to ship large items. We ordered our nursery furniture and we had to have them delivered to our home. The first large item was our crib. My dad very generously bought our crib for us, and had it shipped to our home. He ordered it on 7/28... We did not receive it until 9/19... This wasn't a huge issue since we were still far from our due date, but you still may be wondering WHY it took nearly 2 months when they advertise that it ships quickly.

In this case Babies R Us used a shipper that's not a national shipper that you hear about either like FedEx or UPS. I can't even remember the name of it. Turns out... They had my crib in their warehouse ready to ship just 10 or so miles from my house for about 4 weeks. They couldn't deliver without contacting us first because we live on a base, and they have to be sponsored on. It took me making several phone calls to track it down and find out why they had not delivered it. When my dad called they wouldn't provide him the information even though he was the purchaser.

They said it was because they didn't have mine or my husbands phone numbers... which honestly makes no sense because the item was selected directly off of our registry and tagged to us. They take all that info when you set up the registry. When I called I set up a time for delivery and provided them mine and my husbands cell phone numbers. They didn't call me! They called my dad! Who I had not given his number. Apparently they had it the whole time that my crib was sitting in their warehouse and never called him...

The second furniture item we purchased was a dresser. I ordered it from our online registry myself. It seemed to go way smoother because just over a week after I ordered it I received a call from the delivery company (another company you've never heard of). I schedule a time to sponsor the delivery onto base. When I speak with the delivery guy at the gate he tells me that he thinks the box was damaged but didn't see any damage to the dresser itself. He wanted me to check before taking it to my house. He brought it down from the truck. There was a large hole in the box on the side. At first it didn't look like there was damage to the dresser. I moved some of the packaging away... and what do you know? There was a huge dent/scratch on the very front middle of my brand new dresser. So I refused the package due to the damage. The delivery man apologized, he was actually quite nice.

He provided me the number to call his office so I can work on getting a replacement. I called them later that day and left a message. It's been 3 days now and no callback. I called Babies R Us and because the shipping company has not updated I can't request a new dresser yet. On their website they advertise free shipping... This is NOT accurate. For large items like furniture, it will say free shipping until you get to the checkout and they charge a $120 "shipping surcharge". So it's VERY misleading. To me free shipping actually means free shipping.

I would have liked to have the dresser delivered to the store, and when I made my registry I asked how long it actually takes to get things shipped to the store. At the time they told me just a few weeks. When I called to order the dresser for ship to store, they said it would be about 12 weeks before I could get it. At the time, I was due in 9 weeks. So you could see how that wouldn't work. So when you're considering Babies R Us think about when and where you want to buy your furniture. The other items ordered online have shipped through FedEx and been received within a few days of ordering. If I could do it over again, I don't think I would go with Babies R Us. It's been more trouble than it's worth.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2017

Conveniently they can't give me credit for the most expensive item purchased off my registry in their "Registry Rewards" Program. Apparently one of their employees marked as purchased, but they didn't as for the order information so the rewards will not count. After a 50 minute conversation, they suggested waiting to see if I receive the item, and then if so, embarrassingly as the giver for the receipt. Seriously? Ask someone for the receipt of a gift they gave? Also, everything is out of stock, and now may be stuck with a convertible crib I can't buy the conversion kits for. Embarrassing, but I guess that's what you get when you do business with a company in Chapter 11.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2017

It's no wonder why this company is going out of business! Their policies are terrible and have no customer focus. In the past 2 months, my family and I have dropped probably upwards of $2000-3000 in Babies R Us. Their online system did not accept the completion coupon so when I called to get the coupon applied I was told there was nothing that they could do and that I would have to use the coupon on my next purchase.

ONLY when I threatened cancelling the entire order did the manager say she could do a one-time "courtesy" of applying a $20 coupon off that I had. HOWEVER I had to take the $20 off in the form of store credit (i.e. they refused to credit my credit card that I used on the only and would only credit the gift card that I also used to pay). My blood pressure is through the roof from dealing with that company - and at 36 weeks pregnant that's the last thing that I needed! You're an awful company... I'll look forward to just shopping at Buy-Buy Baby and Amazon in the future.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2017

I placed an order today online from a baby registry and when I received my confirmation email I noticed that they defaulting to shipping to the people on the registry instead of my address. I called them immediately but because of the length of time I was waiting to speak to someone I was told I could not change the shipping address. This is ridiculous since the order had not even been shipped yet. Why would the default be the person on the registry? This is for a surprise shower! They said you only have 45 minutes from the time you place the order to either cancel it or make changes to it. I WILL NEVER ORDER ONLINE OR PURCHASE IN THEIR STORE AGAIN!

Original review: Sept. 8, 2017

This company's customer service and shipping departments are the absolute worst I have ever experienced. After numerous phone calls and emails, my gift was finally received by the expectant mother. Thank God for Amazon, because I will be using them from now on. FYI: should you take a chance doing business with this company and you decide to cancel your order (because of non-delivery) and you request a refund, customer service will probably tell you that your request has to be "reviewed" by someone else before it can be processed. Immediately ask for a supervisor who can cancel the order and have the charge removed from your credit card. I was told by "Holly," one of the supervisors, that they are the ones who "review" such requests. Good luck!

Original review: Aug. 28, 2017

Someone ordered a crib for us off of the registry, and after waiting two weeks or so, we called for tracking information. After being on hold for 40 minutes and begging them to give us some info (we weren't the ones who purchased it), it turns out they lost the crib. Stuck in processing. Just a plain crib, not a special order.

We spent weeks, hours in the store, called and reordered/had the order pushed through FIVE TIMES. Each time, they gave us the same answer about it being stuck in processing, and promising they'd push it through and expedite the shipping.

To make a long story short, we NEVER received the crib, customer service is absolutely horrible, and made our situation seem like an inconvenience to them. We demanded to cancel and get a refund, and we're still waiting on the refund to be processed. As if things couldn't get worse, somewhere during this time, someone changed our email in the system to DUMMY@DUMMY.COM! Obviously causing trouble when we tried to track our order and they asked for the email. I couldn't believe it. Totally unacceptable way to run a business. When I told customer service about this, they told me they would give me 15% off a purchase online. Thanks a lot, Babies R Us. I'm 39 weeks and need to find a new crib. Will NEVER SHOP HERE AGAIN. Will tell everyone I know about this awful experience.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2017

Check Amazon before you buy from this Company. I placed an order with Babies R Us mistakenly before checking Amazon. Amazon was much cheaper with 2-day guaranteed deliver with NO additional $50 handling fee that Babies R Us charges conveniently. Then I spent 1 hour or more waiting for and then speaking to customer service and then a supervisor only to find out that Babies R Us gives a 30 to 50 minute window of time to cancel the order after placing it online - which is shorter than the time I spent holding on the phone to speak to the customer service department!!! Then I was told, after all of this, that an email will be sent to me within 48 hours determining if the order can be canceled or not. HORRIBLE COMPANY POLICY AND BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE. BUYER BEWARE!!!

Babies R Us Company Information