2.17/5

Philips Avent Reviews

Original review: April 7, 2019

When a mother calls with a broken baby monitor that she has only had for 7 months (which is still under warranty) and needs a replacement as soon as possible in order to see her 7 month old baby sleep, you send her one! The first customer service rep I spoke with said it would be delivered in two days. Two days went by and I had an email notifying there's been a change in my order and it wouldn't be delivered for another 10 DAYS! UNACCEPTABLE!!!

Their excuse was they didn't have any in stock?? That's very hard to believe since I could have ordered one from Amazon and have it delivered in 3 days. Okay, so not in stock, I would like a full refund please. Next rep says, “Sorry it’s been so long since you ordered the product. We would be unable to refund your money.” ARE YOU ** KIDDING ME? WHAT'S THE ** WARRANTY FOR THEN! So the next rep tells me I have to fill out a form on a different website to get a refund but it will take up to 45 days. AGAIN, UNACCEPTABLE. If you expect me to wait 10 days without a monitor then expect me to write a horrible review for every day I wait.

Original review: March 8, 2019

I have 2 children, 8 years and 4 months old. Both I have breastfed. My son 8 year old would not take a bottle I tried every type available on the market at that time, he would not eat for 8+ hours if I wasn’t home. My husband read about Avent natural bottles and we decided to give it a go with my 4 mo old. We tried Mam bottles first and she stopped breastfeeding. Only took bottle. So we decided to try Avent natural size 0 nipples (for newborns). Don’t start with size 1 that’s for 1+ months. It flowed just like a breast, she started breastfeeding again as well as taking these bottles!! We have introduced sippy cups. Avents Natural Sippy cups are an easy transition, they have the same soft nipples with handles on the side!!! I WILL ONLY USE AVENT NATURAL PRODUCTS WITH MY NEXT CHILD!!! THEY ARE THE BEST!!! ❤️

Get expert buying tips about Baby Monitors delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2018

I’m a new mom of a 3 week old. I have been breastfeeding and expressing and putting in the Phillips Avent bottles. I purchased the bottles according to the manufacturer chart that said 0+ for newborns and breastfed babies. My baby kept choking at least once or twice during feeding. Just know she choked horribly... enough to where I thought she wasn’t going to catch her breath! I kept patting her little back and lifting her arms up. She finally caught her breath. I flipped the bottle over to check the flow... a steady stream came out of the nipple! I opened and closed it again then fast drops came out. Will never use again. That was one of the scariest moments of my life. I read reviews and was shocked that they have not been recalled... I am not the only person that has had this problem.

Original review: July 12, 2018

We were looking for glass bottles for our LO because they are more sanitary and we ran across Philips Avent (3 bottles for $29.99). Waste of money. This is a poor design product and needs to be recalled and redesigned. We wasted our money on two packs of threes. The bottles leak no matter what the size of the nipple is and the leak is from the base of the nipple as opposed to the actual hole in the nipple. We didn't discover this until we returned one pack to purchase a pack with a nipple size 1. The 1 flow was faster than we expected and was dangerous feeding our LO. She constantly struggled and coughed while trying to eat plus the milk continued to leak out of the base of the nipple between the ring and silicone. We were just so fed up and ended up buying a cheaper bottle $6 and it worked like a charm. We would love a refund but the bottle we used could not be returned. Philips Avent please recall these bottles and redesign.

Original review: April 30, 2018

Very upset. My granddaughter had her first baby. I purchased these Avent 4oz bottles and my poor great-granddaughter kept choking and hiccups a lot. So lucky she did not aspirate drinking from these bottles so I examined the nipple and the flow and could not believe they are allowed to keep selling these bottles. They need to be pulled from all stores before a baby does aspirate.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Philips Avent?

Original review: March 14, 2018

It was easy to use and install. I bought it at Target years ago and remember the price was affordable. Less than 40 dollars is what I paid. Instructions for set up were easy. However, it only came in one color. White or Ivory. Moreover, the package was very hard to open. An older person would have a hard time.

Original review: March 13, 2018

Wide range of feet and it’s easy to set up. This monitor can pick up signal really far so if your room is not really close to your baby, this monitor will most likely reach with the wide range it has. It has a small light like a nightlight on it which is soothing. However, it did not have a video monitor on it. Also, static noise sometimes and it was loud at night in my room, made a buzzing sound if I turned it up too loud. It seemed to come and go the buzzing noise. They could make the static noise decrease and make it sound better when you turn it up loud. But love the brand. I would also recommend this brand to other moms. If they are looking for a cheap but good monitor it’s worth the money.

Original review: March 12, 2018

I liked the high frequency and how long of the range was for the monitor to be able to hear my son when he was a baby. I was able to go outside while he was napping. I also liked how clear it was to be able to hear my child when he woke up from napping. The volume control on it was nice so we didn't have to have it turned way up just to be able to hear my son when he woke up. I also like that it could be used with an outlet plug or batteries. It also didn't kill the batteries very quickly so we weren't going through batteries like crazy.

Also liked that it hand a belt clip on it so when I had my hands full I could just clip it onto my clothing that I was wearing if we had batteries in it. Also, I didn't have to worry about leaving it or making extra trips just to grab it. Another thing was that it didn't have a very big antenna on it to make it awkward when having it clipped to me. We loved everything about it. Only thing that was weird about it is we could pick up other our neighbors when they were talking on the phone or cell phone.

Original review: March 11, 2018

I bought several Philips Avent baby monitors for family members for their baby shower. The sound is very clear with no interference and the range is good. It has a temperature monitor and also has a nightlight mode. You can talk back to your baby and it also plays lullabies. It also has lighted alerts if you have the parent unit on mute so that you can just glance over and see what is going on. However, my first battery was defective and wouldn't hold a charge so I contacted Amazon and they sent me a new unit. I would have the rechargeable parent unit have a longer life without having to recharge it so often. But it's a great product! Highly recommend!

Original review: March 10, 2018

I like this brand more. It's more clearer and someone recommend it to me. It's nice, innovative and excellent. I like the audio quality and its monitor. You can bring the monitor with you wherever you are inside the house and the screen size is just about right for me. Isn't it amazing. Everything is perfect. This is all I want and need for my baby. Makes my money worth it paying this kind of baby monitor.

Philips Avent expert review by Kate Williams, Ph.D.

Philips Avent manufactures infant and child products including breast pumps, baby bottles, baby monitors and more. Its baby monitors offer a secure long-range connection and extensive battery life.

• Wi-Fi baby monitors: Avent’s smartphone- and tablet-compatible baby monitors let you connect up to 10 cameras, so you’ll be sure to have a good view of your baby. The connection is secure, but you can invite up to 10 loved ones to view the feed on their devices, which will be good news to Grandma and any other relatives who want to watch baby from a distance. The smart baby monitors start at $240.

• Video baby monitors: These monitors have auto-adjust cameras for day or night vision and a 3.5-inch color screen. You can zoom and pan to see what your baby is up to. The video baby monitor plays lullabies, has a soft night-light and features a talk-back mode, allowing you to talk or sing to your baby through the monitor. Avent video monitors start at $220.

• Audio baby monitors: Choose from features like talk-back, night-lights, lullaby settings and vibration alerts on these monitors, ranging from $50 to $150.

• Other products: Philips Avent makes smartphone-connected thermometers, electric and manual breast pumps, baby bottles, bottle warmers, sippy cups and pacifiers, many of which consistently receive awards for customer satisfaction.

• Retailers: You can purchase Philips Avent products at Amazon.com, Walmart, Babies R Us and on the Philips website.

• Best for: those who want a baby monitor with special features like talk-back, a night-light or lullaby settings.

Profile picture of Kate Williams, Ph.D.
Kate Williams, Ph.D. ConsumerAffairs Research Team

As a member of the ConsumerAffairs Research Team, Kate Williams, Ph.D. believes everyone deserves easy access to accurate and comprehensive information on products and businesses before they make a purchase. She spends countless hours researching companies and industries before writing buyers guides to make sure consumers have all the information they need to make smart, informed buying decisions.

Philips Avent Company Information