Merged with Tirescanner.com

4.6/5 (42 ratings)

About Tirebuyer

TireBuyer is an online retailer of tires and wheels for cars, trucks, trailers and lawn vehicles. In March of 2021, it merged with Tirescanner.com. The website prompts buyers to provide information about their vehicle and location, then lists a wide variety of options. The company sells tires from 22 brands and includes free shipping with the purchase of any tire. It doesn’t include installation in the price.

Pros

• Tools and tips to help you choose
  • 22 tire brands
  • One- to two-day shipping
  • 45-day free returns

Cons

• Price doesn’t include install
  • Ships only to certain installers

Bottom Line

Tirebuyer sells tires and wheels for many types of vehicles and offers free shipping to you or an installer. It allows returns within 45 days and provides free educational tools.

Top Tirebuyer Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

With the current times we’re in, I didn't feel like I wanted to go into a store. Those mobile services coming to my home felt like the right idea. ... Everything was delivered to ...

Verified

I saved more than $100 using their service and I was really satisfied. Also, purchasing is very convenient for me... I could just make an appointment online and then it's all ther...

What is Tirebuyer?

Tirebuyer is an online retailer of tires and wheels for all types of vehicles. The company keeps an online inventory of available tires and connects buyers to local mechanics in their area. To help you purchase the right products, Tirebuyer provides online matching tools and educational resources.

The company promises free delivery and has a 45-day return policy. Buyers can shop by vehicle, brand or finish and can access winter and specialty items like golf cart tires.

How does Tirebuyer work?

Tirebuyer sells tires and wheels for all types of vehicles, including cars, trucks, trailers and lawn vehicles.

If you’re buying tires or wheels for your car, enter the year, make, model and style of your vehicle into Tirebuyer’s selection tool. Then you’ll be prompted to choose the size and any other relevant options. Tirebuyer tells you exactly how to find out what size you need, with photos and descriptions within the tool. When buying specialty items, like trailer or lawn tires, you’ll be able to select related criteria.

For each option, you’ll provide your ZIP code. Tirebuyer displays all options that fit your criteria and can be delivered to your home. In many cases, the company offers free delivery.

Tirebuyer works with a network of over 10,000 nationwide installers. The company guarantees its installations and backs all purchases with 45-day free returns. Many installers do the work directly in your driveway.

How much does Tirebuyer cost?

Tirebuyer’s products cost from $18 to $300 or more. The exact cost depends on the type of tires you need, the vehicle you own, the tread, the brand and the quality, but here are some estimates:

• Tires for a 2012 Toyota Corolla: between $56 and $123 each
  • Wheels for a 2012 Toyota Corolla: between $60 and $249 each
  • Trailer tires: between $23 and $122 each
  • Lawn tires: between $18 and $242 each

The company can deliver to a local installer at no cost and offers free returns for up to 45 days. Many products come with a manufacturer’s warranty.

Note that installation isn’t included in the cost of a tire; the company estimates that installation costs around $15 to $45 per tire. Some states charge tire disposal fees, though these usually are only $1 to $2, according to Tirebuyer.

Tirebuyer FAQ

How long does it take Tirebuyer to ship?
Tirebuyer delivers your tires to a local installer in one to two days.
What tire brands does Tirebuyer sell?
Tirebuyer sells tires from 22 brands, including:
  • Ohtsu tires
  • GT Radial tires
  • Ironman tires
  • Carlisle tires
What deals does Tirebuyer offer?
Tirebuyer offers discounts for buying a full set of tires and displays coupons and rebates for select brands and products on its website.
Does Tirebuyer offer free shipping?
Yes, Tirebuyer offers free shipping on all tires to an installer or to your home.

Is Tirebuyer legit?

Yes, Tirebuyer is a legitimate retailer of tires and wheels for all types of vehicles. The company offers a wide range of prices and free tools to help you narrow your options. If you’re not sure what you’re looking for, Tirebuyer provides tools and articles on how to choose tires and where to find information about your current tires. The company doesn’t include installation in the price of each tire, so be sure to budget a bit extra for local installers to get your tires on right.

Tirebuyer Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Tirebuyer?

Original review: Jan. 14, 2022

TireBuyer is competitively priced if not cheaper than brick and mortar stores. They also allow me to schedule with my installer in one convenient location since I ship the tires to my installer. They're kind of a one stop shop and that's what I appreciate about it. I used to go with Bridgestone Firestone because they would let me schedule online, then the last time I had to have tires mounted, I used a local company here that had done some work for me. But either way, TireBuyer has a ton of convenient installers and I'm not having to look around for somebody to ship to. Aside from that, they carry the brands I like and they usually ship out of the Knoxville warehouse on the same day, so I get excellent service times from them and that makes for a very good overall experience for me.

Get buying tips about Tires delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2022

Having the tires delivered and installed at a location close to me and seeing courier prices are fixed were big selling points for me. The last time I used TireBuyer's website, it was perfectly fine. It was easy enough to filter down what I needed. I've used TireBuyer for my truck and then also my wife's car. Every time, it was pretty clear and concise. There are a lot of details and information that you can get into with tires, but it kind of gives you that helicopter view for a while, if you need to dive down you can to get the results. So that was good too. Because most people don't know the speed rating or the load rating for tires. They just know that they need tires that fit their car.

If anyone's ever looking for tires, TireBuyer is the first place I'd tell them to go because not everyone has the time to go buy tires, go sit in a place and then not know that you're getting the best deal and not know what your price is when you get there. TireBuyer was like, "Hey, this place has a charge for disposal or charge for the tire pressure system." It was all upfront and that made it that much easier.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2021

When I was ordering the tire, I bought four and I clicked on the tire size that was not the right tire size. I noticed that after I purchased it and then went back and called as soon as I did. Within 15 minutes, they had it corrected and I was able to order new tires with the correct tire size. Everything went well. I'm very happy that people do what they say they're gonna do. They sent the tires on time. Normally, I wouldn't have to go through customer service because I try to do the right purchases at the onset. But this time, I did and for them to be able to fix it as quickly as they did was rather well.

Tirebuyer response

Thanks for leaving us this great review!

So happy to hear you had a great experience and got your tires fast and easy.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Very best regards,

The Tirebuyer Marketing Team

Original review: Aug. 20, 2021

I ordered a tire and there was no warning when I ordered it from Tire Rack that it was back stocked and it would be three months until the one tire that I needed arrived. TireBuyer was the secondary choice and everything was incredibly efficient. They had it delivered within 24 hours. After the kind of poor experience with Tire Rack, TireBuyer was pretty smooth sailing. Looking in my email, there was a lot of communication. They told me when it's been shipped and delivered. They gave me information about my warranty. They’re also not sending me a ridiculous amount of emails because they have my email, too, which I appreciate.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2021

TireBuyer had the better prices. The only issue I had was whoever actually shipped the tires, for some reason, they delivered three of them and not the fourth one. And I had to wait almost a week to get the fourth one. But that was just the delivery service. Everything else was smooth.

Tirebuyer response

Hi Enrique:

Thanks for leaving us this great review!

So happy to hear you had a great experience and got your tires fast and easy.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Very best regards,

The Tirebuyer Marketing Team

Original review: Jan. 29, 2022

I drive a lot of miles a year so the tire is good but I gotta change tires every seven months. TireBuyer ships the tires to my home and I send them to the tire shop. I’m satisfied so I recommend them.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2022

I was looking for no tax and possibly their own personal rebate so they ain't always the exact same price I can buy anywhere. Their website wasn't difficult to navigate. I bought Grabber A/TX twice.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2022

Working with TireBuyer was easy. It was point, click and order. I ordered some tires for my Jeep and they came. I had them installed and we were good to go. I’d order from them again.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2022

I like their price and the locator service where I could have it installed at a zip code that I choose. The purchasing process was easy. When I got the confirmation, I got there, they said, yup, they had received it. Everything was ready and got the tire put on. They did everything as I expected.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2022

Purchasing from them was pretty easy. I like their price too. I ordered three sets of tires from them and I'm very happy with the quality of the tires that I ordered. I will refer TireBuyer.

Tirebuyer Company Information