4.9/5 (616 ratings)

About Mavis Discount Tires

Mavis Discount Tire offers top tire brands such as Bridgestone, Continental, Cooper, Goodyear and Firestone. Customers can schedule an appointment online for many different auto and tire repair services. It also offers a 30-day price guarantee — if you find the same tire by the same brand for a lower price within 30 days of purchase, Mavis will refund the difference plus 5%.

Pros

• Available across the county
  • Offers various auto services
  • Discount name-brand tires

Cons

• Online reservations can be difficult
  • Some competitors offer more perks

Bottom Line

Mavis Discount Tire offers name-brand tires at discounted prices and a wide selection of auto services. The company has locations all across the country and offers deals and promos on its website.

Mavis Discount Tires Reviews

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mavis Discount Tires?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mavis Discount Tire?

Original review: April 7, 2015

I needed new tires & an alignment. Mavis was a recommendation to me. I walked in without an appointment and was greeted within seconds. They were friendly, professional, explained about the tires I needed and if I had any questions. I felt the price was fair, the waiting time was appropriate, the people were nice. I would also recommend Mavis.

Original review: April 7, 2015

** store manager has made a big difference at this store. Service and timing is much better! Thanks Mavis.

Original review: April 6, 2015

Brakes, quick strut, inspection.

Original review: April 6, 2015

Replaced all 4 tires and NYS inspection.

Original review: April 5, 2015

I have been going to Mavis for the last 15 or more years. It has always been a pleasure to give them my business. Prices are fair, service is always top-notch, and I feel that I have known many of the staff forever.

Original review: April 4, 2015

Both ** and ** have fantastic customer service and always kept me up to date on my truck. Much appreciated!!!

Original review: April 4, 2015

The service I received was top notch, couldn't of been any better.

Original review: April 4, 2015

4:30 pm on Good Friday, took us in for brake work and inspection. While parts couldn't be obtained till following morning (not garage fault), car was ready by early Saturday morning. Better service than most places I've been to. Very pleased.

Original review: April 4, 2015

The Oil Change went very well. I was happy with the service... **, the mgr, is always very friendly, cordial and knowledgeable about the services he offers and my vehicles.

Original review: April 4, 2015

The staff was very courteous and helpful. They explained everything to me before they did any repairs.

Original review: April 4, 2015

I was completely satisfied with your service. My 4 brakes needed to be changed. Your personnel handled my situation above my expectations. The service dept was helpful, courteous and knowledgeable.

Original review: April 3, 2015

Very satisfied. Super polite and considerate, fast and efficient.

Original review: April 3, 2015

First of all the manager was very helpful, telling me that my rear brakes were low, that I could wait but not too long. I told him to replace them. The man he put on the job was very efficient, getting right to work. As I watched I noticed the shop was running light a well oiled machine, no wasted time. All I can say is that I'll be back to this shop.

Resolved outside ConsumerAffairs
Original review: April 3, 2015

I called on 3/2 for pricing and was told the order was "written up". I told the salesman I'd be in on 4/2. When I arrived this morning, the only thing that was in the computer was my name. They had no tires to fit my car at all! That's bad business.

Mavis Discount Tires response

Good Morning Ms. Prowse,

We deeply apologize for the inconvenience you experienced. We understand your time is valuable and we're sorry the store was unable to accommodate your needs on the day you visited. Mavis is committed to providing its patrons with exceptional customer service. We would appreciate the opportunity to discuss this issue with you. Please contact us at 914-984-2500 option #2 at your convenience.

Mavis Support

Original review: April 3, 2015

The entire experience was excellent. **, the manager, was honest, personable and fair. The facility was clean and well maintained. The car ride's great. I highly recommend this Pleasantville facility.

Original review: April 2, 2015

They have always done great work for me over the years!

Original review: April 2, 2015

Friendly, courteous, prompt service at a very fair price.

Original review: April 2, 2015

I was recommended by a family friend, said these guys were the best. I took the chance and do not regret the choice at all. They paid attention to detail and when something was else was wrong they contacted me first before making a changes, which I admire!!! I will go back in the future to finish the repairs on my car. Thank you so much for helping me!!!!

Original review: April 1, 2015

** and the team at the Arsenal Mavis/Cole Muffler have been servicing several of my vehicles for about 3 years. I trust them implicitly with all repairs both minor and major. I recommend them at every opportunity to friends and subordinates, which I do not take very lightly. They are even often cheaper with their parts prices, compared to what I can get with my military discount locally, rather than bring the part in to have installed. If I can't do it myself, or simply choose not to, I know who to call.

Original review: April 1, 2015

Had been a customer of Mavis Tires of Wantagh and have brought my 2 cars and my mother in law's car for everything from brakes, struts, oil changes and repairs. While doing an oil change to my Mazda 3 they didn't fasten the underbody well and I dragged it and ruined it. This happened 2 more times over a 2 year period. I really don't understand how this could happen.

I also was told I needed front struts on my car and replaced them and still have a bad shaking and rattling on the front passenger's side. I brought the car back a half dozen times to be told that there was no noise, but when I brought the car to a mechanic in Long Island City, Queens he told me I needed brakes and that my front right strut was bad after test driving the vehicle. I told the manager at Mavis and he said that he can't find what's wrong with my car and will not order another underbody. All I want is my underbody replace to bring to another qualified mechanic and the noise and rattling in my car to be fixed. I can NOT RECOMMEND MAVIS FOR ANYTHING IN GOOD FAITH TO ANYONE IN MY COMMUNITY AND FAMILY.

Original review: April 1, 2015

Unfortunately I suspected the left front caliper was sticking. I went to the Shirley Mavis to confirm and they confirmed it was. We discussed the work in detail as to my options. I like how ** broke down the costs line by line, no hidden costs, no surprises, no misunderstanding. ** and their mechanics are a great team that work very well together. I highly recommend Mavis Tire.

Original review: April 1, 2015

They are good people, you tell them your problem, and they check it out to make sure that it is the problem. If not they will show you the problem and they will fix it in a matter of time it takes to fix it. I would definitely go back again when the time comes. Thank You.

Original review: April 1, 2015

Professional shop manager and good mechanic - I've used this shop several times and have always been very satisfied with their work and the way as a customer I've been treated.

Original review: April 1, 2015

Inspection done timely and I have all my work done on 5 family cars at this location.

Original review: April 1, 2015

Completely trust the professionals at Mavis. They do quick, thorough work at very reasonable prices. Very nice friendly people, too!

Original review: April 1, 2015

** and the guys at the Waterloo NY shop always treat us well. They showed us what was needed, the scope of the job as well as the time the job would take... and the price. Many thanks, guys....see you next time.

My experience was great.

Original review: April 1, 2015

I always come here for service. They greet me quickly, answer my service questions, and get to my vehicle as fast as they're able. The work gets done accurately and I'm on my way.

Original review: April 1, 2015

All great, terrific hours, open Sunday's is huge. Helpful staff always call when car is ready. Took appointment over phone. Called up with follow-up information. Put sticker on top left side of windshield with updated miles. Also, staff able to turn off oil change reminder on the dashboard.

Original review: April 1, 2015

I came in needing a brake light changed and had a tire leaking air every couple of weeks. They fixed both problems quickly and at a very good price. Everyone was very friendly and helpful and I would definitely recommend. The only thing I need changed is the spelling of my name...Thank you!

Mavis Discount Tires Company Information