2. Automotive

4.8/5 (862 ratings)
Learn More
Call Now Toll Free

About Mavis Discount Tires

Mavis Discount Tire offers top tire brands such as Bridgestone, Continental, Cooper, Goodyear and Firestone. Customers can schedule an appointment online for many different auto and tire repair services. It also offers a 30-day price guarantee — if you find the same tire by the same brand for a lower price within 30 days of purchase, Mavis will refund the difference plus 5%.

Pros

• Available across the county
  • Offers various auto services
  • Discount name-brand tires

Cons

• Online reservations can be difficult
  • Some competitors offer more perks

Bottom Line

Mavis Discount Tire offers name-brand tires at discounted prices and a wide selection of auto services. The company has locations all across the country and offers deals and promos on its website.

Top Mavis Discount Tires Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mavis Discount Tire?

Verified

Very honest in their evaluation of the condition of the car. Replaced only the ones need changing. Doesn't scare nor pressure the owner of the car to replace parts. The place is r...

Verified

Got a flat on a Sunday morning. Left my car in the lot and used the Dropbox for the car keys. My tire was patched and the car was ready for pickup that afternoon. Very reliable an...

Mavis Discount Tire services

Mavis Discount Tire is known for offering name-brand tires at discount prices, but it also performs multiple services for cars and trucks. Some of these services include:

• Tire repair: Mavis Discount Tire repairs punctures in the tire tread to prevent further tire damage and maintain proper tire air pressure. When you have a flat tire replaced at Mavis, it also includes rebalancing in its repair services.
  • Brake services: Mavis Discount Tire offers free brake inspections and can take care of high-pitched squealing, grinding noises and other issues preventing your car from stopping safely.
  • Muffler and exhaust: Mavis Discount Tire replaces mufflers, tailpipes, catalytic converters and exhaust systems every day. Its services can help reduce engine exhaust noise and increase engine performance.
  • Wheel alignment: Mavis performs computerized wheel alignment daily. The service can extend the tire tread life and improve fuel economy. Proper wheel alignment also reduces suspension wear.
  • Shocks and suspension: If you notice your vehicle shocks are broken, damaged or leaking fluid or that your ride has become increasingly bumpy and bouncy, it could be an issue with your shocks, struts or suspension system. Mavis Discount Tire inspects your vehicle and makes any necessary replacements or repairs.
  • Inspections: Mavis Tires and Brakes offers inspections in New York, New Jersey and Pennsylvania.
  • Oil change: When you get your oil changed at Mavis Discount Tire, the company includes a free safety check. It adds up to 5 quarts of oil and changes your filter. Mavis employees use a clean oil change technique that ensures any old motor oil from your car is caught and recycled properly.
  • Car battery: If your car is not starting or you've had to jump-start your car, it may be time for a new battery. Mavis Discount Tire Offers battery testing and replacement services at all of its locations.
  • Tire rotation: Rotating your tires extends your tire tread life, helps preserve balanced handling and maintains traction. To keep the treadwear warranty valid, most tire manufacturers require regular tire rotation.

Mavis tire prices

Mavis Discount Tire offers promotional codes, deals and discounts on its website for tire services. Some of its discounts include 10% off for essential workers, six-month special financing and rebates on name-brand tires such as Continental, Bridgestone and Goodyear.

Customers can also print coupons and redeem them at any Mavis Discount Tire location.

Since tire prices vary greatly based on the manufacturer, vehicle type and size, we recommend using the Mavis Discount Tire search feature to look for tires specifically made for your vehicle.

Prices for popular vehicles include:

• Tire prices for a 2015 Ford F-150 King Ranch 4x2 range from $116 to $265 per tire.
  • Tire prices for a 2000 Honda Accord SE range from $45 to $126 per tire
  • Tire prices for a 2019 Infiniti Q50 Luxe range from $92 to $252 per tire
  • Tire prices for a 2006 Volkswagen Beetle range from $54 to $239 per tire

Prices on the lower end are for entry-level series, while more expensive tires are high-performance options.

Mavis Discount Tire FAQ

How much does Mavis charge to install tires?
Mavis Discount Tire charges $20 a tire for mounting and balancing.
How much is a wheel alignment at Mavis?
Mavis charges between $80 and $100 to align all four wheels.
What time does Mavis Discount Tires open?
Most Mavis locations open at 8 a.m. on Monday through Friday.
How long has Mavis Discount Tire been in business?
Mavis Discount Tire has been in business since 1972.

Do we recommend Mavis Discount Tire?

Mavis Discount Tire combines the feel of a small business with the resources, knowledge and expertise of a nationally recognized tire and auto parts store. Its 30-day price guarantee lets customers shop with confidence, and we recommend using Mavis Discount Tire for any tire purchases or necessary auto service.

Mavis Discount Tires Reviews

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mavis Discount Tires?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mavis Discount Tire?

Original review: July 24, 2021

I needed brakes and rotors for a hot minute. I did some light research, and called my local guy who did my oil changes. Some stores offer a senior discount, and since my momz was helping, I asked if they had such a discount. They said they could, however, they just raised the quote (originally quoted $350 for both pads and rotors) to $380 and reduced it to $350.)

Decided to look deeper. At one point I reached out to a tech on Craigslist, who stated he could install both pads/rotors for $100. I would just buy the parts from Amazon/Rockauto. Out the door at $165/$175. Obviously there are no guarantees when one does it this way. Continued to dive deeper, local shops that were recommended by friends were more expensive, quoting me $400/$450. I hate to say this, but being a woman, we still get taken advantage off. Fortunately for me, I went to vocational school, and one class was auto-tech. I'm not saying I am a mechanic, however I am aware how brakes and rotors work and concerned that I might also need calipers, since I've been driving with my rotors grinding. But I kept this to myself.

Mavis Auto was my next call. Immediately, when I spoke to Josh, he made me feel trusted. He quoted me $297 for pads and rotors. When I asked for the senior discount, without flinching or catching an attitude, he said no problem, he could do 10% off - $270 out the door. We (Momz and I) decided to bring Bella in to Mavis. They got me in right away, said it would be about two hours. Midway through, Josh brought me back to show me how the tire wasn't spinning the way it should, meaning I might need new calipers (which are the most expensive part of the braking system). He explained mine *should* be okay, and they could probably work with them, but wanted to prepare me if this was the case. About 30 minutes later, he comes out and tells me my calipers were good. This impressed me, since they could have gotten away with installing new calipers - and charging me close to $250/$300 - raising the total to $570.

I don't usually bother with reviews. However, this warranted one. When it came time to pay, the total was $259.02 - saving me an extra $11 bucks. They were quick, efficient and kind. I highly recommend Mavis for brakes/rotors, and even whatever else you might need. Being an honest company, with honest employees who seem to love their gig, you cannot go wrong with them. They have a new client for life.

Get buying tips about Tires delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 13, 2021

On July 11, 2021, I brought my car to the Denville, NJ Mavis on Righter Ave. I had had my car serviced at the Rockaway, NJ station the day before, and was not happy with the $1230.70 repair. Soon after I had left that station I realized that the car, which had had rotors and pads replaced, was shaking and smoking from the rear brakes. I went back to the Rockaway station, but it was late, and was told to come back in the morning-Saturday, and they would check it. I was there at 8a,m, waited several hours, The car was driven around the parking lot, and I was told there was nothing wrong with the car, if I wanted a further evaluation, I had to make an appointment. An argument ensued with the manager-long story short, I left and brought the car to the Denville store.

Although the car was left until Monday, the Denville store was courteous, professional and thorough in diagnosing the problem-Travis, the mechanic did an OUTSTANDING job. Although the Rockaway NJ brake job was technically correct, he determined that the smoking and the warping of the NEW rotors was caused by the emergency brake, which had been adjusted by Rockaway. And no-I wasn't driving the car with the emergency brake on. But all's well that ends well. I will definitely return to the DENVILLE, NJ Mavis and am more than happy that I found a facility and a mechanic-TRAVIS that is competent AND willing to go the extra mile. Actually, the entire staff at Denville was very friendly. and customer centric. BTW, my mother went to the Rockaway store on Monday morning to talk about the incident, and calmly said, "I'm here about the green Jeep," to which the manager replied, "YEAH, and what about it?"

Original review: Jan. 20, 2021

I had severe clunking coming from the front of my vehicle. I took it to another shop that replaced Inner and Outer Tie Rods, Brakes and Rotors and then Struts. I kept taking it back because each repair did not fix the clunk! Each time they would give me an excuse. One was all the factory pinch welds had broken loose. Another was The Frame Grommets are shot and it cannot be taken apart to be fixed because the bolts will break. I was even told to live with it and just turn up the radio.

Well after they replaced the Struts for the 3rd time thinking it had to be the problem It went to Mavis on Church Street in Elmira, NY. In a matter of 5 hours they called me and said my vehicle was done. Dumbfounded and excited I ran right down. They seen the trouble and fixed it. NO MORE CLUNK!! And the car drives like when it was new. Smooth and no more noise! I cannot thank the Guys at Mavis Tires in Elmira, NY enough. The other shop played with my money and feelings and made me feel stupid at times.

I Thank Mavis in Elmira, NY for giving me back some dignity and my vehicle in working order in short fashion. Hey, we all know vehicle repairs can be expensive. It is what it is. So why not take it to a garage that knows what they are doing and will not tell you stories or fix things that do not need to be fixed and then tell you to simply turn up your radio. Go to Mavis Tire in Elmira and get service with a smile and save money because they will fix what is wrong, not just start replacing parts in hopes to get it right! Thank You Very Much Mavis Tire in Elmira, NY!!

Original review: Dec. 16, 2020

A few weeks ago I blasted Mavis for work they had done on my car. I had a power steering unit put in car, because the part was not exactly the same, they had to put in new motor mounts. When I got my car back, it had a Horrendous VIbration. After weeks and weeks of bringing car back and forth; Mavis could not find the problem (but having the car for 18 years, I knew every squeak in it).

Mavis said to bring my car to ANOTHER mechanic and they would PAY FOR IT. The other mechanic found that the driveshaft angle was the cause of the problem...and may or may not have been a coincidence to the new motor mounts changing the angle of drive shaft causing the vibration. My car rides (once again) like an old Lincoln. True to Mavis's Word, They Did in fact PAY for my Bill, FROM ANOTHER SHOP. WHO ELSE WOULD DO THAT!

I want to thank Mavis and their staff and APOLOGIZE for the nasty review I wrote, ESPECIALLY SINCE... THE UNDERLINING VIBRATION was questionable to them, for work they had done previously and not in the same area. It was not about the money, but being able to TRUST Mavis mechanics again. Thank you for Standing behind the Customer and trusting me as my car is perfect again.

Mavis Discount Tires response

Dear John, we believe accountability is paramount and our Golden Rule is to treat you how we would want to be treated. We are so thankful for you taking the time to share your experience and we truly appreciate you and your business. We wish you the happiest holiday and are looking forward to helping you again in the future! Thank you!

Original review: Nov. 3, 2020

We were planning a last minute trip out of town and heard the word “snow.” So, I called Mavis to talk snow tires and having them put on soon and, as usual, Nick said bring the car in! The old snow tires were retired after last winter, so Nick offered up a choice of tires, explaining them and the costs to me. I had the car in first thing the next morning. During the a.m. Nick called to say that there was “play” in a joint and that he made some calls to invoke the warranty on them, so just labor for that replacement. He does that..not the first time that I've had a part go and Nick researches when the last repair took place and gets that taken care of. I continue to go to Mavis because of Nick and his team. Peter was there, too, and I got a nice greeting from him. It's great to have a group that can take care of your needs and recognize you! And, that they look out for you.

I hear stories from others about their not so great experiences elsewhere and I tell anyone who asks to take their car to Mavis, and let them know that they'll get treated fairly. We ended up with two car issues within two weeks, but the work was needed and Nick, Peter and their team took care of everything. They let us know when we would get the car back; the first time they needed the car to stay overnight, awaiting a parts delivery. They called the next day when it was done. The second time, in and out as promised. With so many things affecting us all these days, I breathe a deep sense of relief when I know that I can have my cars taken care of by Mavis in Kerhonkson, with Nick, Peter and the others there..It's one thing I don't ever had to worry about.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2021

I use this service shop to handle all of my car needs. I have used them for many years. I choose to do so because of the people who work there. They are competent and extremely willing to assist even if I show up without an appointment. Vich and Kurt are very eager to make sure I know exactly what is necessary to repair my car.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2021

I have been there a couple of times and have spoke on the phone with Richard. He is beyond helpful and friendly. He is always smiling and goes the extra mile. I will definitely recommend this place to my friends and I will most certainly do all my business at Mavis, based on my recent experience!

Original review: Oct. 19, 2021

Greg and Jeff are the best. They always have my car serviced either on time or prior to the time told to me. The work is excellent and the price is always reasonable. I take my cars nowhere else to be serviced.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2021

Mavis Discount Tires have always been the place I go for my car routine maintenance and each time I visited, they always professionally provide exceptional services. Today, I went for my oil change as usual, and the receptionist (**) at 221 S. Woodbourne Rd. Langhorne PA, did a great job. Everything was right on time and her services were excellent. I will always recommend this place to everybody.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2021

Found a nail in my tire! The people who I dealt with was very courteous and very helpful! Going back to them again! I went to them with emergency with another tire just before closing time and they put in to take care of a tire that was flat cause of another nail! I was blessed that night! The management were both helpful in both situations! They were great!

Mavis Discount Tires Company Information