Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty
3.90/5

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

B.F. Goodrich Tires Reviews

Original review: Nov. 21, 2014

I have 35 x 12.50 x 18 BF Goodrich Mud Terrains on my 2005 Superduty F 250. I bought these tires, all 4, new. I had ran another set of same tires on my truck and am rather disappointed in them. I just suffered a separated tire in the front passenger, causing substantial damage. Thank God no one was hurt, nor did the vehicle overturn. These tires have less than 5,000 miles on it. In my opinion, there needs to be an investigation launched of these tires. I have faithfully rotated these tires, balanced them, ran with proper pressure in them and this is scary for a tire to fail.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2014

My wife and I recently purchased a Nissan Xterra and the other day I noticed the tires had extreme discoloration on sidewalls and the sides felt like they had dimples in them. The car has less than 4000 miles on it and the tires have never been run up against the curb, besides the discoloration is around the whole side wall periphery. With all the comments on BFGoodrich tires that have been produced in the last 2 years on this site, I'm wondering if they are safe. At the moment we do not do a lot of high-speed driving on them, but might next year. Would really like to see a formal number of complaints about these tires; is there a database somewhere with this information?

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Nov. 16, 2014

BF Goodrich rugged terrain, have had 3 tires tread separation with less than 23,000 miles. I time the tire still had 80 lbs of pressure in the tire, the tread came off and damaged van. The tire still had 80lbs with the tread gone. Customer service said I ran the tire with low tire pressure. Today had another tire blowout, damage to van. The tires come apart, produce a vibration, then blow out. The first time with less than 10,000 miles the tire had a big egg in it, stopped before blowout.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2014

Nothing happened yet but will update if it does. I am very concerned after reading about the problems causing accidents. I have a 2013 Toyota Tacoma that has 27,000 on it on OEM tires. After checking out my tread depths since I am due for inspection tomorrow I noticed there are pretty good cracks between the outer and next tread on all four tires. I contacted BFG and they opened up an account for Toyota to reference if they call BFG during the inspection. My concern is I really can't afford new tires and I shouldn't need to buy new tires but they may decide to prorate them so it will still be several hundred dollars anyway. That sucks for defective tires. BUT can't drive on them if the dealer says they are dangerous either. Maybe I can get the Toyota dealer to give me the prorated amount on a different brand.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2014

Tires are coming apart at tread. Severe weather checking on side walls and around rim where mounts to wheel. Tire separation..Made in April 2011. Have 30,000 miles on tires. Have steadily gotten worse. Told no longer safe to drive with them on. Recall on some. These need recalled and replaced for FREE.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about B.F. Goodrich Tires?

Original review: Aug. 2, 2014

Have 4 BFG Long Trail T/A tour 235/65/18 4 years old sides are all dry rotted. 20000 miles, need to replace all 4. I have 2 other cars with older tires twice as much mileage that have other brand tires and are fine. These tires I have rotated every 5000 miles. Very displeased with this make and brand.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2014

BFG 225/75R16, commercial TA - Purchased 4 of the above tires for 2007 E350 Ford Van on 3-15-11 then had the front end aligned. May 2014 at 39,000 belt failure in one timer, replaced two. At 41,000 another belt failed, replaced last two. Van has over 100K and I rotate ever 10K, plus check air and keep all my vehicles well maintained. Now BFG tires from two different dealers, one in NC and the other in OH. So who will honor the warranty on which tire when the next belt fails? Used to live in OH with a lot of pot hoses but since December of 2010 have lived in eastern NC where the pot holes are comparatively few. Had too many belt failures on a 2006 Audi A6 with BFG Z rated tires. Back in the late 80s one set of BFG tires with a more aggressive tread on another Ford van cupped and scrapped off 50% of tread in 5K miles. Dealer replaced them with a different tread pattern, then I got 112K miles on those tires. I typically get 60K+ from a set of tires because mine are road miles.

Original review: July 26, 2014

BFG All-Terrain TA - I've owned several sets of these tires over the past 15 years. This last set has been on my Land Cruiser for 4 years and 15k miles. Last night I had a full tread separation and blow out at 40 mph! After checking the other tires I see that they have many splits and rot - ready to come apart. What the hell! It looks like Goodrich has decided to follow the Firestone manufacturing process!! Enough said; they won't be getting any more of my $$, not ever. Makes you wonder how many people have been injured, or worse, driving with this latest batch of Goodrich tires??

Original review: July 25, 2014

Bought 4 225/75R16" BFG T/As 2 years ago for 5th wheel. After 10,000 miles I threw the entire tread off of one doing 60 MPH on I-10. Two dealers said the tire was defective and to call BFG for replacement. BFG refused to honor any warranty. After checking the other 3 tires, dealer found that two of them had broken belts and were on the verge of failure. Tires looked new. Covered when in storage and have TPMS on them. BFG would not honor any warranty on any of the other two.

Original review: July 11, 2014

I, in the past, have bought 4 or 5 sets of 31x10.50-15 BFG All Terrain tires, complete set of 4 each time. I would regularly get 80,000 to 90,000 miles out of each set. That was until I bought a set of of them 2 years ago. These tires only have about 25,000 miles on them and are cupping so badly that my Toyota 4X4 sounds like a log truck coming down the road. I have praised these tires for years because of their high mileage capabilities. Now after reading of everyone else having tread separations, dry rotting, and blow outs, I am in the market to go spend an unnecessary $700 to $800 dollars for a new set (Brand) of tires when I feel that I should have 2/3 of the life left on these tires. I run T/As on several of my antique cars and notice that they are dry rotting, though I have one set, 12 years old, on a vintage Chevy van and they look like new with no cracking or dry rot. Somewhere the rubber formula has changed and apparently the DOT has blinders on to not make notice of the amount of tire failures. What is that I see being passed under the table?

Original review: June 15, 2014

Purchased the KM2, although I would have preferred the K0 pattern, but it was not available in this size for my dodge 3500 dually 4x4. Initially, very satisfied, quiet, good on road performance, great in mud & surprisingly sand too. Now, with a little over 10k miles & 3 rotations, they are down to less than 50% tread, which is poor, but kind of a performance trade off given the aggressive pattern & soft compound for on road grip.

Here's where it gets scary... I noticed today, getting ready for a father's day getaway, that one of them is visually swollen & deformed (commonly described as separated) & appears to be ready to explode. (Truck ran smoothly when parked last week.) Immediately called Tire Kingdom & any warranty claims will have to be dealt with next Monday - no tires this size anywhere in the county. Canceled getaway. I am the only driver of this truck, never overloaded, or curbed. Always rotated so as to maintain the tires direction. BFG/Michelin hasn't had a chance to make this right yet, but if they do, I will amend this to reflect & likely still be a BFG customer, especially if they produce a 255/80/17 in the KO or KO2 pattern.

Original review: June 4, 2014

Similar problem with LT285r70 17" "Rugged Terrain" on 06 Ram 2500. Total thread separation at 70 mph. $4,000 damage to driver’s side and rear. Tire held air, limped into town, 5 mi on steel belts. This is second tire of this set with issue. The other had slipping belt. Who at BFG gives a flip?

Original review: April 28, 2014

BF Goodrich A/T 325 60 R20 - I have been running BFG's on my 3/4 Ford for years. I purchased a 2012 F250 and put these tires on. I added a 4-inch block in the back and a 2.5-inch coil spacer in the front. I have rotated every oil change at 5k each time. Meticulously watched tire pressure weekly. After only 23k miles, they are almost bald. I will never run BFG's in the future and will be going with Toyo M/T and give them a try. I don't really need aggressive tires but live on a ranch in East Texas where oftentimes getting out in the pasture to load a trailer or tractor is a must. Writing this to save others from the headache.

Original review: April 23, 2014

We bought the tires at Sam's Club. These tires were quiet for the first 6 months. At 18 months and 15000 miles later... they are 4 cupped and very noisy. Alignment is right on. Rotated every 5000 miles. The tread wear is still about 1/2 of original. This means defective tires. Sounds like a big truck with snow tires. Is there a recall?

Original review: April 17, 2014

I Had 7 B.f. Goodrich 225-75-R16 commercial TA all season tires including the spare on my motor home. The tires have 4000 miles on them. 5 of the 7 tires all had the tread separate, 1 blew out. These tires are terrible and B.f. Goodrich doesn't seem to care that they are putting peoples lives at risk with their shoddy tires. Michelin owns Goodrich and I have had problems with them before. My dodge truck came with Michelins on it and at 30000 miles the tread was still good but the sidewalls were so cracked I had to replace them. Michelin offered me 20 dollars per tire refund if I put more Michelins on my truck. I did not put more of their junk tires on my truck.

Original review: April 6, 2014

I have these on my Tacoma. Bought them from Sam's, and rotate them regularly. They started cupping noticeably at about 25k miles. I went and had my alignment checked and it was perfect. Shocks also in good shape. The truck shakes every time I stop, and now it is unbearable. I'm going to get Firestone AT tires today, no more BFG in my future.

Original review: March 26, 2014

We bought BFG Long Trail 265 X 70 - R17 tires for my wife's Yukon about 12,000 miles ago. They already have the same tread wear at 12,000 miles as my PREVIOUS tires did at 55,000 miles. They need to change the name to "SHORT TRAIL". What a rip off! I do NOT recommend buying BFG tires. It will be like throwing your money in the toilet.

Original review: March 21, 2014

We put a set of BF Goodrich tires on my wife's 2006 Chevy Equinox @ 50,000 miles. The factory Goodyears were just down to the wear bars which is when I always replace tires. We bought them at Larry's Tires on Powerline Rd in Fort Lauderdale. The car has 74000 miles on it and these tires are past the wear bars. We have performed alignments as needed and rotations regularly. 24,000 miles? Really? For $800 worth of tires? Also, as soon as they started wearing, the noise in the car is unbearable. We never had road noise with the OEM Goodyears. We will never use BF Goodrich again.

Original review: March 14, 2014

Bought a very expensive set of tires and rotated them more than required. Tires only lasted 20,000 miles, I called BF GOODRICH and was told they would do nothing about the issue. Poor tires, Poor customer service.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2014

On January 15th 2014 I was coming from visiting my family in New Orleans, where I recently lived, and while driving down I-10 my tire blew out and caused my truck to flip, with me and my daughter inside. You wouldn't believe the fright this had on myself as well as my daughter who was being tossed around the back, and being cut on her foot and legs from the glass shattering. When it was over two 18 wheeler drivers ran to my rescue to make sure we were okay. One guy instantly called the police, he had to leave because he was drive a hazmat truck and didn't want to cause problems being parked on the side of the road, and the other stood by my side.

The whole time the guy was saying "I saw it, I saw your tire blow out. You were right in front of me." This was scary. All the 18 wheelers on the road and I could have caused major damage on that highway. Thanks to God, I was able to turn off the road and flipped in the grass. When the tire blew out it caused my truck to lock in cruise control, so there was no slowing down. I just prayed I didn't hit anything or anyone. We came out of it alive, which is my blessing, but the damage is done. I accrued a medical bill 900+ dollars on my daughter, my truck is totaled, and I was out of work for 8 days straight.

Still no resolution, they didn't even act concerned when I contacted Goodrich. They want me to ship the raggedy tire to NC. Mind you I stay 9 hours away from where the tow company is located. I am a middle class working, no government assistance and they want me to further go out of my way so they can prove something. Yes the tread on the tire unraveled completely, so bad it's listed in the police report. You think that would be evident enough, but it's not. They want you to continue to inconvenience yourself for their defect.

Then I look it up and guess what? The tire is on recall, who would have thought...... TIRE THREAD SEPARATION, WHICH CAUSED A BLOWOUT ON A BUSY HIGHWAY. With God's help I survived. With the stress and effect of being scared to be on the highway and my family lives 9 hours away, who would have thought it. Here's the funny part, I've never been in an accident before and I am 34 years old. Who would have thought it would have been because of a defective product?

Original review: Feb. 8, 2014

I've been running my trucks on these tires since 1982 and always thought they were the best. Things changed in Jan. 2014. While driving my Chevy Silverado 2500 HD in the fast lane about 65mph on the I-5 freeway about 10:00 am in Oceanside without warning I heard a sudden explosion and knew immediately my passenger side rear tire had blown. All I could do was stop in the middle shoulder. Once I got out of the truck and checked out the tire, I found that the complete tread had came off the tire and destroyed the complete side of the truck bed from the front of the bed to the rear. It ripped out the support bracket, dented the front section then came back and crushed the wheel well behind the tire, damaged the exhaust pipe, bent out the bumper and punctured the light casing. It also ripped off the wheel well plastic casing.

My first thought was with all this debris flying around on the freeway did anyone get hit by it. I noticed two cars on the other side of the freeway about a quarter mile back checking out their cars. While I waited for AAA to send a tow truck they also needed a tow. I never heard from them but couldn't help wondering if they had been hit. So the tire was not brand new but certainly had plenty of tread on it as measured by my tire man. The other tires had over 4/32 tread left. These tires are warranted until under 2/32 or 6 years.

I bought the same type new tires and put a claim in with Michelin and felt they would take care of all damages. After they checked the tire they sent me a letter stating "at some prior point in time the tire struck an unknown object or obstruction splitting the inner casing allowing air to infiltrate into the casing." Therefore they were not responsible for any damages. I know I never ran over anything and had just driven about 70 miles from my house in Riverside. I'm no genius but if there was a separation I believe the tire would have bubbled and been thrown out of balance causing the rear end to bounce around.

After they denied me I found all these reviews and I'm shocked at how many other people have had the same or very similar problem with the tread peeling off and the lack of help from the manufacturer. Something needs to be done before someone is killed. My biggest problem now is that I have 4 new ones on my truck.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2014

Accurate statement! BF Goodrich tire 225/50R17 94V, 72341. This tire blew out on the highway nearly killing me and my wife! Thank God I was going slow. The side wall has a torn out section from the inside out! Nice Job BF Goodrich!

Original review: Dec. 14, 2013

I bought a used 2006 Honda Accord with P205/60R16's. Since I wasn't the original owner, I don't know how many miles the tires had on them, but there was plenty of tread left and was a factor in my choosing that particular car. Two years and only 7,000 miles later, I have to buy new tires. I took it into the dealer today for a check-up prior to a 1,800 mile trip. As they were airing up the tires, they discovered 3 of 4 tires had tread separation from the sidewall and recommended I replace them before the trip as they were susceptible to blowouts - not good when driving 75 mph. Since I'm not the original buyer, I can't take the problem to the tire seller or BFG. Now I have an unplanned $600+ expense and certainly feel I didn't get what I paid for when buying the car. You can bet after reading other stories on here, I sure won't be replacing them with BFG brand. Feel lucky to have not suffered a wreck, auto body damage or being stranded in the middle of nowhere on the interstate.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2013

I bought a set of BFG g-force sport tires (245/45ZR17 95W) in Costco for my 2007 Mercedez-Benz E-350 in 2010. After I drove 23300 miles over the 3+ years, the tires wore out (and failed the state safety inspection). Plus, over the last year or so, the tires become very noisy.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2013

I bought a set of BFG tires from Walmart Express. Was told they were great tires. Within a few months, I noticed a weak spot in the side wall of one of the tires. I went back to Walmart and was told I must have hit something. You can truly see nothing was hit, no marks in the rubber or tread. I took to another tire shop and paid to have it dismounted and checked. I was told in writing that the sidewall had a weak spot and I was in danger of a blow out. It is an ongoing problem with these tires.

He showed me a website that shows the complaints about tread separating and sidewall weakness leading to blow outs and accidents. I went back to Walmart, showed them the statement. First, I was told I would have to pay difference of tire cost, even though it was proven to be workmanship error weak side wall. After getting the store manager involved and telling them that if I go out, have a blow out and causes an accident, I will sue them first along with BFG. They replaced the tire with no charge to me. There is a problem with these tires. Stay away from them.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2013

Purchased a set of BFGoodrich all terrains for my Chevy 2500 HD after the crappy Pirelli tires only got 20,000 miles on them. Happy to say that after 5 years and 70,000 miles my BFGoodrich tires are still holding up strong and look good. From now on I’ll only buy American made BFGoodrich tires. Not them Japanese tires that don’t last.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2013

I purchased a set of 4 BF Goodrich Advantage T tires for a Toyota Solara XLE (mileage: 54,196) on September 1, 2010 from Aspen Tire in Wilmington, North Carolina. The original tires (Yokohama) on the car had over 54,000 miles on them. The Dealer at Aspen Tire recommended the BF Goodrich tires and stated I would get at least 60,000 miles on them with proper care and rotation (which I am a stickler for).

Fast forward to August 10, 2013, I noticed the tires looked low on tread. I brought the car in for an oil change and rotation like I normally do about every 3000 miles, and asked the techs to give me their opinion. They did a tread depth measurement and came up with 2/32 NDS and the car only has 82,611 miles! So if you do the math that is only 28,415 miles in 3 years! OR 9,471 miles per year on THESE TIRES (and WE have lifetime oil change, tire rotation and alignment plan which we use to its fullest).

That is 31,585 miles short of the stated warranty for these tires! I have gotten just a little over half of what was promised with these tires! Absolutely horrendous. I brought the car in to Aspen Tire, and they concurred and said they needed to contact the manufacturer: BF Goodrich for an adjustment. The next day the owner of Aspen Tire called me to tell me that BF Goodrich will SELL ME a NEW SET of tires for ONLY $432!!! Are you serious??? That is an 18 % adjustment (see what Tire Rack is selling these for).

I believe that I followed all protocols with respect to the warranty and that I should be given a 45% adjustment for $234 towards a new set of tires. The cost for a new set of these on Tire Rack is $520 therefore if this company is worth their salt they should honor the warranty and give me a new set of tires for $286! I have not even gotten half of the tread life promised or expected and I am not even asking for a 50% adjustment. I think 45% is fair and the right thing to do. BF Goodrich, do the right thing!

Original review: Aug. 27, 2013

After I had the blow out on my GMC HD pickup, I checked the tires on my Silveroda. I just put set of BFG all terrain tires on it a year ago. Every one of the tires is cracked around the side walls. I have used BFG tires on all my trucks for years. Now I have two sets that I have last bought that are bad. Waiting to hear from them to see if they are making them good. I won’t be buying another set.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2013

I have a 2500 HD GMC with BFG all terrain T/A KO tires. I was driving down the interstate when I heard a loud noise and I had to fight truck to keep from losing control. I came to a stop. I got out of truck and walked to rear of truck. Rear tire on passenger side had the whole tread missing and tire was still inflated. Had severe damage to side of my truck.

Original review: July 19, 2013

I bought a set of BFGoodrich tires in 2011. Two years later, I notice they have been cracking. I told a co-worker about my tires and she asked me if I checked the date on the tires so I did and the date is 3210 which is August 2010. So I called BF Goodrich and explained the problem that I'm having with the tires and they told me to take the car to Sears and let them check the tires and they will give me credit for the the tread amount on the tires but when I arrived at Sears, I was told that they cannot give me credit because I did not buy my tires from them, so I ended up purchasing tires from Sears. When I called BF Goodrich back they rudely told me that nothing can be done because I purchased new tires. I think a class action lawsuit should be filed against BF Goodrich.

B.F. Goodrich Tires Company Information