2. Automotive
  3. Tires

Learn More
Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.27/5

Discount Tire sells a variety of tires types for all kinds of vehicles. Select from tire brands like Michelin Tires, Goodyear Tires, Pirelli Tires and Cooper Tires. Available wheel styles include painted, machined, chrome and mesh from brands like MB Wheels, Fuel Wheels, Drag Wheels and Konig Wheels. The company offers financing to those who qualify for the Discount Tire Credit Card.

Discount Tire Learn More

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

Discount Tire Reviews

Original review: May 21, 2020

5/21/20. These folks are great. Super fast, friendly and competent service. You can even make an appt! I found set of same tires, online, at a lower price, and these folks honored the lower price with no questions! Of course, you have to show the link for price verification - hey, that's only fair! I drove the car off lot, took onto rough interstate and the tires/balance was excellent. No issues. These folks seem genuine, offer a really good deal for an extended warranty, best I've ever seen. Anyway, I'd shop around for sure, but, to get the fastest, friendly and competent service, I'd give Discount Tire a second look. Feel free to email me, **, I'm a real customer and would be glad to answer any questions---- I'm this impressed.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2019

I dropped my car off at Discount Tire on Oak and Scottsdale Rd to fix a flat and rotate all 4 tires. Upon pick up I was told that the flat tire was patched instead of replaced and I was all set to go. When I went out to my car I noticed that one of my aftermarket wheels were scratched and that it was a brand new tire put on versus my old tire patched. I went back inside and talked to Jake (who wasn't the one who originally helped me from the beginning) and he quickly apologized for the confusion and took full responsibility for someone else's mistake and rectified the issue by getting my wheel resurfaced the next day free of charge. Jake showed that his goal was to help me as a customer, he took ownership of a mistake that he didn't cause and did everything in his power to make it right. He didn't argue, blame anyone else, he did it all with a smile.

Normally when the tire is not fixable, under warranty, and needs replacing I pay the cost of the new tires warranty which is 50 bucks, due to the inconvenience and confusion Jake didn't charge me for the new tire and made sure that the new tire had a warranty before I left the shop. When I had my wheel resurfaced I asked Jake if the company he used could fix another wheel that I had road rashed a year prior and I would pay for that wheel separately. Jake quickly called and made it happen. I was thoroughly impressed with Jake's excellent customer service and wanted to let someone know how valuable of an employee he is to Discount Tire.

I can't tell you how much I appreciated his help, positive attitude, and again his outstanding customer service. More people in this customer service industry need to be like Jake, he is awesome!!! Jake made sure I didn't leave with a scratched wheel and a tire that didn't have a warranty. Somebody give this guy a raise because he highly exceeded my expectations and put the customer first!

Get buying tips about Tires delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2019

Quick service. I had a flat in one of my tires before work and decided to check which one using a gauge. Proceeded in going to the gas station and filled it up until morning since I work the night shift. I went to DT and they charge me $160/tire for Michelin Defenders T+H. Prior, I had them inspect the car because I already inspected it and found that there was dry rot and a nail on both the rear tires.

One tire needed to be replaced because of inner shoulder puncture, while the other is normal tread repair. My decision to buy new tires is because I had another tire flat when I was in Michigan and it was plugged. Had a bad experience with tire plugs because when the weather is hot, hissing noise comes from the newly plugged unless the weather was cold, which sealed it. That would mean that 3 of my tires would have been plugged with 28,000 miles on them. I proceeded in buying four tires for $950 (+ tax, warranty, etc.) in North Austin. I'm astounded that the new tires has a comfort ride vs. my old tires which were Dunlop Signature CS.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2019

I just wanted to point out that Drayton at Discount Tires, Tega Cay, SC 29708 was most helpful, knowledgeable, and trustworthy with helping me today. I called before-hand because my low air pressure in the tires light went on a few days ago, though I had replaced four tires recently. Honestly, this low pressure in the tires light has gone on and off ever since I got it, and I just would take it into the dealer and they would re-set it. This time, I decided to try a new place, Discount Tires, for getting all my tires replaced, and I thought they did a fantastic job, for the tire selection for my particular make and model of car was spot on. Drayton said they broke the sensor (I think it was likely shoddy from when I purchased the car) and that he offered to fix it right away.

15 minutes later, free of charge, I had the issue fixed and the light was off. The main thing was that the tire pressure was indeed just fine. I appreciate that they were concerned for my safety and asked me to bring the car in promptly. What a fantastic business, in that they were also concerned that they did a proper job in replacing all the tires! Thank you Drayton. I hope to come to Discount Tires as much as possible.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2019

I first visited Discount Tire a few months ago to get new tires. They surprised me with great service, tires, and prices. This morning I made an unplanned visit on the way to work because of a nearly flat tire. It was early and they already had several customers waiting. They opened 5 minutes after I got there and had enough service reps to immediately take care of my problem. Because I was going to be late for work, they put my car in first. The tire was checked, patched, and tires rotated before I could even catch up on work emails (less than 15 min). And the best part was there was no charge. Granted I had the tire protection warranty, but not sure that it would've cost much or anything just for the plug.

The best part is that the person who serviced the tire came out, showed me the small piece of metal that had pierced the tire and reviewed everything with me. Her service was incredible as was the service rep who first helped and then later provided an update on my car. All I can say is WOW! It doesn't get much better than that. Discount Tire is Highly Recommended. -William

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Discount Tire?

Original review: May 28, 2020

Brought in my tractor tires with new tires to be put on. First I was not noticed of the store being temporary closed until the next day when I was about to go pick them up. I had already paid in advance. One of the tires did not hold air, when I put it on my tractor. The other slowly started losing air. Took them to be checked and I was told they were too rusty to work with. So I went online at Tractor Supply and bought new rims. Discount Tire put the tires on the new rims.

I took the wheels to a different place to be looked at.

One of my tires had a hole in it which was overlooked by discount tire. This other place I took the old rim to I bought a new tire for it and now the old rusty rim is holding air. I'm really disappointed in discount tires because they did not take the time to work with me at fixing my tires. Plus now I'm out of 363.18 for new rims that I didn't need to purchase. I would like to be reimbursed that money. Thanks.

Original review: March 14, 2020

Ridiculous. I spent 5 hours here and bought an extra TWO tires for no reason. I almost wrecked my car twice because of them. And they kept trying to tell me the car was ok and it's "normal for new tires to make your car turn sometimes until they break in" ... Are you serious? I'm so glad I know about cars. I told the manager check the tire pressure after the fourth time I drove off. "Oh it's good they're all balanced." Nope. Drive back. I told them it needs to be at a minimum of 38, it's a sports car and is supposed to actually be 50. "Ok it's good." Drive off. Nope. I watched him this time. It was at 33.

After I had told him already.. I was so mad. "Oh it's torque steering." Really? Because torque steering starts happening after 57k miles right? I'm not dumb. I know what that is. Finally, they took off all the tires and ACTUALLY rebalanced them with the right weights and psi and it worked. After they had put it at 37. He just couldn't do what I said and put 38. Like, really? Oh! By the way, they stripped my stud on the first attempt.

Original review: March 13, 2020

It is nice to receive Great Service. Discount Tire in Knightdale is a great store. Good leaders, professional workers, friendly, timely. Martin did a great job. Would trust my daughters to shop there.

Original review: March 12, 2020

I was switching snow tires to regular tires. When I got the van back there were no tires in the back. They gave me a story about being bad. Two short seasons on brand new Blizzaks. How dare they!? I made them put them in the van but they said they would not put on two of them. I drove these tires in the snow and highway and they are awesome traction. I think using 25% of tread left as a rule to determine a tire is bad is just wrong. What else do you own that you only use 75% of it? Also it depends on age and uneven wear etc. These tires looked like new on the sidewalls but had obvious even wear on the tread. They definitely can last another winter. Not going back. Discount Tire is really awful.

Original review: Feb. 29, 2020

Today, I became a dissatisfied Discount Tire customer. Be honest about your estimate of time. It's Saturday, I expect you to be busy. What I don't expect is when I arrive to pick up my vehicle, an additional half hour past the 1:40 minute estimated time, is to be treated so rudely by Joey. We've bought more than a dozen sets of tires from Discount and had spent more than $1000 today. Joey, who said outloud while processing my payment today "I'm bagging them all today." Well I won't be bagged again with terrible customer service.

Discount Tire Company Information