Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty
3.59/5

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

400 Discount Tire Consumer Reviews

Original review: May 18, 2019

I typically never write reviews, but this company deserved one. Easy website to use allowed me to see what the tires/wheels would look like on my specific color and year/make/model of car which is more than I can do at my local store. Prices were over 300$ cheaper than the most affordable equivalent in town and I live in an affordable cost-of-living state. Once I pulled the trigger on buying, they Mounted/balanced/packaged/shipped my order in less than 24 hrs, sent it FEDEX (for free shipping) with tracking and tires arrived ready to bolt on and looked great!

For some reason their online system left off the lug-nuts I added to the order (I didn't get charged for them - just wasn't on the order somehow), so I wrote their customer service department, who responded again within less than 24 hrs and put together a special cart order for me that had the right lug nuts at a 33% discount for my trouble, with free shipping - again. I own a manufacturing company and so I know how sometimes database things go haywire, which is totally understandable, but what matters is how you deal with it and they were awesome. It will be very hard for me to justify ever buying tires or rims from anyone else again. I wish my own company was this good. -Ryan

Original review: Nov. 25, 2018

I have been a loyal customer for over 10 years. I was a little disheartened when I read many of the negative reviews. I'm a very honest person & work hard for my money. First, I will agree that the wait time is long with or without an appointment; however, they are very thorough. Next, I never sense any tension between employees. They seem to work well together as a team. Management always jump in and help also. I like that. With any business you will have a problem sooner or later because mistakes will be made. So why such a high review? The professional way they corrected the problem, followed up,and let me know how they valued my business. I don't see myself starting over with another company that I view as not just a business but as friends, trusted individuals, and tire experts because they always educate you on your tires.

Get expert buying tips about Tires delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2018

I went to the Monroe, NC Discount Tire with a problem related to new tires that I had purchase from another company. After explaining my issue to Richard he said they would be glad to look at it. I left for a work out at the local gym and after about 45 minutes I received a text that my car was ready to pick up. When I returned I learned that they had rebalanced all four tires and told me they believed my problem was solved. They did this at no charge and thanked me for coming in. I've only driven a few miles, but, I believe the vibration I had been experiencing for the past couple of weeks is gone. I would gladly recommend them and return the next time I need tires for one of my cars.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2018

Had to have my sister's driver's side tire fixed. The people that work there are extremely friendly and always mindful of everyone who is there and waiting. The service was quick and I'm leaving a big shout out to them for not only fixing my the initial tire, but replacing the second for free due to it being separated. I do not have a warranty for that tire nor did I have the means to purchase the second tire at the moment. My gratitude is through the roof! Thank you Discount Tire!

Original review: Oct. 10, 2018

I searched for tires for my car at the local used tire shop, Walmart & Sears Auto Center before stopping at Discount Tire 11110 E 41st St, Tulsa, OK 74146. THEY LIVE UP TO THEIR TAGLINE OF “America’s Neighborhood Tire Store”! The tires, with the stems and balance and mount, were the least expensive of any of the places I checked – WHAT I DID NOT EXPECT is a business that cared about my safety and actually worked with me to do something about it!!! All the other places told me the same thing that Discount Tire told me, but Discount Tire stepped up and suggested a solution that I could afford! I have NEVER done business with a company and/or people like this! The products are great and the people are caring!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Discount Tire?

Original review: June 13, 2019

Took the van here to have two tires replaced. Had 3 kids with me and only 2 or 3 customers ahead of me. We ended up waiting about 2 hours to get out. They fiddle too much with the mechanics. All they should do is mount and remove tires and that's it. They ended up messing with something they shouldn't have touched and screwed up a TPMS sensor. I know now they did it on purpose but I'll get to that. 10 miles away my TPMS light came on. I called and told them about it but I was driving 1,500 miles away. A man apologized in a fake tone. Two weeks later I am here making them fix it under warranty because it was fine before I came. I called the regional office in Schertz, Tx first to ensure I wouldn't be made to wait again.

So sitting in the office waiting for the fix, I am right next to the register and I overhear 3 CUSTOMERS come in talking to a salesman about the EXACT SAME TPMS problem I had. Except they are passive about it, and the salesman are telling them that the sensor battery needs replacing for $20, or the sensor needs to be replaced. They are saying the life of the tire pressure sensor is 7 years and it is normal that they stop working after a tire gets changed. I cannot believe the audacity of these people- to take advantage of passive customers right next to me.

Who they are taking care of for free because I was firm and I called Regional to complain. This is not a normal occurrence. This is a scam. They are running to squeeze more money out of their customers. If you ask me they're already charging too much service fee for each tire. They charge $20 labor fee for each tire they move. Somebody needs to call the Better Business Bureau on these people but I don't have time.

Original review: June 8, 2019

When competition lacked professionalism and empathy. Discount Tires filled the void left by competition immediately. Timely service, professionalism is a key deciding factor for me when choosing service providers. Discount was able to deliver and more.

Original review: May 31, 2019

On Wednesday, May 29, 2019, I took my Toyota 4Runner to the Mansfield Discount Tire to repair one tire that had a screw in it. I had just taken the car to the dealer for service one week prior to rotate the tires. Nothing was mentioned about needing new tires. Discount Tire said I needed ALL tires replaced. I asked to have the tire with the screw repaired and after 2 hours was told I needed a new tire. They then proceeded to tell me that replacing one would cause performance issues and be dangerous. I was subjected to a long sales pitch for replacing all of my tires. I had them put the spare on, full size, paid, and left. The service was horrible. I was stunned by how much they have changed in the last few years with the dishonest upselling. I will not go back.

Original review: May 26, 2019

My experience was with the Manager (**) at Discount Tire, located at 4538 Washington Rd., Augusta, Ga. Very pleasant individual, when asked to have my tires rotated, he had a mechanic jump right on it and they were completed within 30 minutes, at no charge. Stated, Just remember them, when I need tires, which I will for sure. Super service!

Original review: May 22, 2019

After getting a price quote of $419 and being assured that I wouldn't need an appointment over the phone (they stated they would get me in and out in an hour since I had a later engagement), I headed to the store the next day, everything went downhill from there. 1) I could see a few disgruntled customers waiting, but I met with an associate who also stated we'll have you out in "about" an hour. (I'll finish this disappointment later.) 2) After we looked at my tires the salesman tried numerous times to sell me an additional tire to the point of my exhaustion.

3) We headed back in and another associate assisted me for pricing. I was NOW quoted $498. We went around for a bit and he finally stated, "Ohhhh the previous quote was probably given without the additional warranties. Lol." 4) I traveled 30 minutes to get there so I continued the process and paid for the tires and service. Once he collected my money, he stated, "Ok ma'am we'll have you done in about 2 1/2 hours." Of course I asked for a refund because I specifically stated I had a following engagement. Here's the catcher... While refunding my money he says, "Could you come back after your other appointment". I laughed out the door! UNBELIEVABLE.

Original review: May 21, 2019

I own a 2018 F-150 with 20,000 miles on the odometer. One day ago, the tire pressure monitor displayed that the right rear tire had dropped 10 psi. I checked the tire, and saw a small nail embedded in the tread. I aired the tire up, and took the vehicle to Discount Tire in Portland, TX. for repair. After the salesperson, and I went out to access the damage to the tire, we could clearly see the nail in the tread, and the salesperson stated "It should be a simple repair, unless we find something else wrong", which raised a "red flag" in my thinking. He then checked the condition and tread depth of all the tires and wheels, which were all good. He told me there were 10 vehicles ahead of me, and the told me that the wait would be about 90 minutes.

After signing authorization for the repair, and reading for a while, a technician came to me and told me that the tire needed to be replaced, and showed me a vertical gash near completely through the outside sidewall of the tire that the counter person, and I looked at when all of the tires were inspected. The counter person agreed that there was no sidewall damage, and the store manager stated "We'll return the tire to the manufacturer, and replace it under warranty". They didn't carry the brand of tire, and told me that they would order one. I'm now riding on my spare without a back-up, until the tire ships into the store, if the tire ever comes in. TKP, Portland, Texas

Original review: May 16, 2019

Dan went above and beyond to ensure he gives exceptional service to his customers. He is very approachable, pleasant, polite and friendly. He pays attention to detail and knows his job really well! If you have a question he usually knows the answer or will find out the answer for you. Jason the Manager is Awesome as well and works hands on within the service department to ensure no mistakes are made. I think they are a good team! Hats off to them!

Original review: May 10, 2019

I had a Discount tire that blew out, and the people I asked to look at it, including a mechanic, said the tire was defective. There was a crack on the interior wall of the tire that had split open so I returned it to Discount Tire with the original receipt and warranty, and they refused to honor the warranty, saying the warranty didn't cover road hazards. It was clearly a defective tire, and I was a little stunned to learn that Discount Tires "warranties" don't actually cover anything at all. I guess that's why they're not BBB accredited. I won't do business with them again.

Original review: May 4, 2019

Let me start with saying I think when I went in and bought tires 3 years ago, I explained I wanted to keep the new tires for the duration of my ownership of the car. I explain that would be 4 more years. So what happens is when you go and get your tires rotated they tell you how much the thread is left in the car, and guess what? It is time to buy new tires. You know what, since they sold me these tires and they did not even make the 60,000 warranty, they should be replacing all of my tires! The estimate was $292.00 to purchase new tires. This is what sent me over the edge, they wouldn't even rotate my tires because I refused to purchase new ones. They just checked the pressure and sent me on my merry way! Just be prepared. They will always upsell you even when you go in for a routine rotation which is free for the ownership of the tires.

Original review: May 4, 2019

I was a customer for a long time until you read all of your receipts. A $78 tire cost $45 more after all their installation fees, taxes, certificates and so on. They will do everything to get you to buy tires and their warranty certificate but what people don't know is the factory has its warranty but also when you have a problem with a tire and you bought The warranty the same excuse they use to sell you one they tell you the opposite to not replace the tire. I had 4 large cuts in the side walls from defective rubber and he tried to say they were cut. Um the tire was cut around in a circle around the side walls. You're better off just buying tires from anywhere because in the end the prices are exactly the same. Sad that I fell for this so many years. Read your receipts and know what you're buying in advance. They're liars and as bad as a car dealership!!!

Original review: April 30, 2019

I checked online prior to going into store to make sure tires I wanted were available, luckily they had 6 available and I headed to the store. I get there. I ran into an incoherent young man that badly could speak. I got grunts and childish enunciation. He tells me they don’t have the tire I just saw online and I had to get more expensive ones. Bait and switch! Then he wants to replace more than I asked for. I had all my other tire replaced in December, today is the semiconductor to last day in April. This whole visit was a scam. I’m stuck trying to replace a bad tire and all I’ve gotten is a visit that’s more expensive than it should be and someone trying to sell me something I don’t need. Way to go Discount Tire. You losers. I won’t be back!

Original review: April 27, 2019

I had a 3:30 appointment a disregarded it. Didn't start work on my car till 4:20. Hurry. Rushed me out the door. Left foamy soap on my wheels. I paid over $1,000 for two tires to be put on my Corvette and that's how they treated me. Very unprofessional. I was the last person to leave and I have the pictures that show their stuff on my wheels. I'll never go back there. Ripoff!!!!

Original review: April 23, 2019

I bought insurance on my tires so as to avoid paying the full price on the low profile run flats on the car. I noticed a bubble on the passenger front tire so I brought it in to have the tire replaced. This is the 3rd time that the tire needed to be replaced and each time they damaged the rim and had to have them fix their mistake!!! This time when I went in I asked Billy the customer service rep to check the rim going in to show him there was no damage to the rim. I was with him along with my wife. He noted that there wasn't any damage and that he would place his best tech so this wouldn't happen. When the car was finished I inspected the rim and found damage and at that time I brought the manager out (Jayme) and he noticed the damaged rim. He said to bring it back in and he would fix the damage. I brought it in Monday and got a call that it was done. I went to pick it up at 5:30 and got the keys and went out to get in my vehicle.

At that time the manager approached me and accused me that the scrape was already there and he as much said that the scrape was already there sarcastically. Let me give you a little background about myself. I retired from the Postal Service with 40 years of service as the Postmaster of Arlington TX with about 1500 employees. I own 3 vehicles, 1 Mercedes, 2 BMW's and the one that was serviced was a 2015 BMW convertible was purchased was $106,000 paid in cash. So I don't think I need to scam anyone out of a rim fix. I will never come back to a Discount Tire with my 3 vehicles and will tell everyone I know to do the same. How this manager ever got to where he is in the company is baffling to me. Maybe retraining in customer service.

Original review: April 18, 2019

Discount Tire stands by their products and go above and beyond to please and keep their customers happy and coming back. Will work with you to resolve any issues with tires and rims. I highly recommend Discount Tire...

Original review: April 13, 2019

I bought new tires here (Michelin) and with less than 20,000 on the tires, they told me that I needed new ones. I had gone in for rotation. Sure enough, when we looked at the tires, they were shot! I personally think they took my good tires off and replaced them with worn tires. Finally, they agreed to replace the tires (I had to pay the difference. When I went in to have them replaced, they tried to overcharge me and then I discovered that they charged me extra for an extended warranty without asking me whether or not I wanted that (I didn't). One day later, my transmission starts making noises, and then I find out that although there is no sign of a leak, my fluid is VERY low. I think they removed some of my fluid, but I cannot prove it.

Original review: April 10, 2019

The advisor claims my rims would not accommodate the tire size I wanted. My OME tires are 245/45/20 and I requested 275/40/20. I am running now 275/40/20 snow tires now, and I wanted new tires. He hinted that I would need new rims for the tires. WOW! I went to a Firestone Complete Care, they ran a tire sizing calculation and my rims would accommodate the new tires. I see why they have cheaper priced name brand tires, because they try to over sale you on other things. Stay away from Discount Tires!

Original review: April 9, 2019

Service person said they could not revalve a 10yr old spare tire, tire still had nubs, never saw the road. They said the tire was from 2010, well it’s 2019 so that doesn’t equal 10. So service person agreed to revalve, picked up tire, went home, old valve in place, weny back, different service person said the original person had called and talked to me. Complete lie, never called, why would I pick up a tire and be told I’m set to go. 3 trips for nothing, done with them.

Original review: April 1, 2019

After buying 4 new tires from Discount Tire (nearly 700 dollars), the day after tire installation at Discount Tire, I notice my tire pressure light is on. Please note, the tire pressure light was not on when I brought my vehicle there to get the tires installed. So I figure, no problem, I'll bring it back and they will fix what they messed up at no cost right? Wrong, they check my tires, and ironically enough, they inform me that somehow my tire pressure light has magically come on between my vehicle arriving to get new tires, with no light on, and leaving from Discount Tire after my new tires are installed. So, to fix the problem I now have to spend 60 per tire to fix sensors, sensors that worked before I came to Discount Tire.

I elect to replace 1. The one that I was told was causing the tire pressure light to come on. Manager replaced two sensors for 60 dollars. Great, you saved me 60 dollars for something you screwed up. So now the problem is fixed. Not, the light is off when I leave the store, okay, I get home and turn the vehicle off, when I get back in the car an hour later and drive down the street guess what happens, you got it, tire pressure light comes back on.

At this point I'm done. I chalk up the 60 dollars as a loss and the tire pressure light will just remain on rather than going back to Discount Tire and having more money stolen from me for bad work. Well my problems with Discount Tire's work were not done yet, I wake up the morning after getting my new tire sensors "fixed" and the tire they installed the sensor on is flat. No nails in the tire etc. to be found. I'm having to go to another tire store to fix Discount Tire's mess and spend more money due to Discount Tire's bad service. DO NOT GO HERE! THEY WILL MESS UP YOUR VEHICLE!

Original review: March 30, 2019

I purchased a set of tires on my credit account and sent in their rebate. They sent a response back saying it was declined for a) not paid for with credit account. (But it's on my credit bill), b) no copy of invoice (I have one), c) not a qualifying amount (It was highlighted by their employee). The first time I used them, they over tightened my wheel and broke three studs on my truck. They are an incompetent and deceitful company.

Original review: March 23, 2019

Do NOT come here! Wish I could give them 0 stars. WOMEN beware. They will take you for a ride. I came in for some help and they were more concerned about making money on unnecessary things. They made me pay for a rim for no reason. They wanted me to buy a set of 4 rims. But, they saw my hesitancy and they wanted some more money from me because balancing for $60 wasn't enough. They're greedy. And I'm sure they had a good laugh about it once I left. NEVER GOING BACK THERE AGAIN.

Do NOT trust them at all. Especially ROGAN ** and some other guy with "slicked back" hair. I put my trust in these guys with my car and my hard earned money and they took advantage of that. That feeling will always be there and I just feel so VIOLATED. You put your trust in someone...because they were trained and educated in that particular skill. Would you want a doctor to do such a thing? No. You wouldn't have. Worst is...I know they won't do anything to rectify the situation. Just make up excuses, because that's what they really specialize in.

Original review: March 20, 2019

I bought new wheels and tires from Discount Tire and wheels have a lifetime warranty. I noticed the front two tires started cupping on inspection. I noticed the front two rims had a crack clean through the spoke, I went to Discount Tire and showed them and they said that the tires would do that because of the rims cracking and throwing them off balance said the rims would be covered, but to find out that those rims are discontinued and they would find two rims to replace them with but will not match .

If I wanted them to match I would have to buy the other two rims. I argued it’s not my fault the rims are discontinued and that they should be liable and back the stuff they sell. I bought the American Outlaw wheels and he said they will only do the two wheels. I left. Came home and called the main office and spoke with a person there and he said he would have a talk with the store I purchased them from and a manager would call me back within 24hrs. That was a Friday and this is now a Wednesday and still no callback. I had also sent a email to the corporate office with no reply either. I believe this is bad business practices and will never deal with them again.

Original review: March 16, 2019

Had an appointment at Discount Tire in Eastgate Dr, Garland for a flat repair. Went in early because we need to be somewhere else in a certain time. I have been having the tire issue for months or at least a month and thought it’s just the weather. I usually keep that tire in 36 psi and when I dropped it off it’s probably at about 29 psi or more. So they did their usual tire inspection and was told all 3 was at 4/32 while the one I want to be repaired is at 3. Before I set my appointment I actually looked at tires already because I know at some point I will have to buy new set soon so I know they don’t have the tires in stock but special order. Going back, so he was pitching me for tires already but I told him I know they don’t have it in stock and still asked me to go over to the counter to look. But I just had to tell him that we need to be somewhere else and I can look later.

I asked if we can still have the tire be repaired and he said yes and usually it’s when the tire is down to 2/32 then they don’t repair it anymore. That went fine until after about 30 minutes they called and told me it’s “irreparable” and they don’t have a stock right now so I asked to just put the original tire back but they refused to. So we agreed to just put the spare tire. Had to call them right away and spoke to Edwin because I realized it wasn’t the right spare tire. He told me they see if they have a used tire and will have to call me back because he’s with a customer. I never received a callback.

As we were pulling at the parking lot, saw the SUV with a completely flat tire. Went inside to grab the keys and asked if they can at least put some air back into it and told them it wasn’t like that when I dropped it off. They refused to put air and keeps saying it will keep losing air. I told him I have been driving it for months like that and it’s holding air until when I dropped it off. So I asked again to at least put some air back and again was refused to and recommended to not drive it or get a tow truck. Which in fact, they drove it out of the service bay to the parking lot with zero psi tire. So I went out to check the tire finding out they didn’t even bother to put the stem valve cap on, put a tear at the sidewall of the tire, and left the valve core pushed in making it blow air out and not hold any.

In this scenario, as if they really wanted me to order that tire which will be available the next day, leave the SUV parked at their lot since it’s completely flat and so they can make their sale of the day. With this tactic, I’m not falling for it. So I asked my husband to grab our portable inflator at the house, we put some air back into it having to really have that stem valve cap on because of what they did to the core blowing air out, and drove it back home. We brought the “irreparable”, "undrivable” tire to a different shop and guess what it was repaired and was told because it’s a run-flat kind of tire we can use it until at least we receive the special order set of tires. So be the judge! I will definitely not give my hard earned money to a company who only cares about their sales.

Original review: March 12, 2019

If you have evermore increasing time to spend waiting for sales or warranty service it is a great place to buy a set of tires with nationwide serviceability. You can find any brand tire to fit any budget. The staff are nice and the stores are clean. But the wait times are unforgivable. A two hour wait time to get a patch for a tire with a slow leak is ridiculous.

Original review: March 7, 2019

I made an appointment to fix a deflating front left tire. They measured the threads and recommended replacing the 2 front tires (3/32" out of 10/32" left). I agreed to put on new Michelin Pilot A/S 3 plus sports tires at $228 each. When the work was almost done, the salesperson (Andrea) approached me with a story about the nuts needing replacement, as they were "badly swelling". That was another $48.71 for a lug kit. I took home a sample of an "old" nut, and I call BS on the swelling nuts story. I need to be able to trust the advice of the technicians, but at Discount Tire they seem more concerned about their own revenues and sales targets than the interests of their customers.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2019

Best place for tires, these folks are honest, and do a super job, and best prices, no need to shop around. Once you come here, you will be a lifetime customer, just like me. I wish all my buying experiences could be this good. Thank you Discount Tire.

Discount Tire Company Information