3.9/5 (288 ratings)

Take an Extended Auto Warranty Quiz

Get matched with an Authorized Partner

Find my match

About Discount Tire

Discount Tire sells a variety of tires types for all kinds of vehicles. Select from tire brands like Michelin Tires, Goodyear Tires, Pirelli Tires and Cooper Tires. Available wheel styles include painted, machined, chrome and mesh from brands like MB Wheels, Fuel Wheels, Drag Wheels and Konig Wheels. The company offers financing to those who qualify for the Discount Tire Credit Card.

Pros

• Free rotation and balancing
  • Frequent discounts and promotions
  • Financing available

Cons

• Only offers tire and wheel services
  • Only financing option is credit card

Bottom Line

Discount Tire is an independent tire and wheel retailer and servicer that offers online and in-person sales. Its tires come with free lifetime rotation and balancing.

Top Discount Tire Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

Outstanding service due to friendly staff, no pressure to buy tires, explained identified tire problems, clean facility, and Covid restrictions observed. Willing to price compare ...

Verified

I will never forget that despite the fact that we were addressing a difficult situation, management made concessions out of the ordinary, saving my daughter from facing a Monday w...

Take an Extended Auto Warranty Quiz

Get matched with an Authorized Partner

Find my match

About Discount Tire

Discount Tire is one of the largest independent tire and wheel retailer in the U.S. It has more than 1,000 locations across the country and offers online sales through Discount Tire Direct. The company focuses solely on the sale and servicing of tires and wheels, and its tires come with free rotation and balancing for the entirety of the product’s life. The company also offers frequent promotions and price-matching.

Discount Tire services

Discount Tires focuses entirely on selling and servicing tires and wheels. Its services include:

• Air pressure checks: No appointment required; performs pressure checks even for tires bought elsewhere
  • Flat tire repair: Fixes your flat if possible and offers replacement options if not
  • Rotation and balance: Provides free rotation and balance services for the lifespan of all Discount Tire-bought tires
  • Tire inspection: Checks for shallow or uneven treadwear, leaks, punctures and sidewall damage and presents solutions if needed
  • TPMS services: Checks the tire pressure monitoring system to make sure it’s accurately reading your tire pressure
  • Winter changeover: Prepares for winter driving by installing weather-safe tires
  • Winter studding: Adds metal studs to winter tires for safer driving in snowy and icy conditions
  • Road force balancing: Corrects imbalances not caught during rotation
  • Heat cycling: Optimizes tire traction and tread
  • Rim repair and finishing: Repairs rim scrapes and bends

Some Discount Tire services are available only at specific locations. Contact your local retailer if you have questions about its services.

Discount Tire prices

Costs for new tires from Discount Tire vary depending on size and type. Its options include all-season, winter/snow, all-terrain and performance. The cost range per size category is:

• Small: $80 to $150
  • Medium: $100 to $750
  • Large: $140 to $1,000

The company doesn’t list its service prices, but it does offer financing through a Discount Tire credit card that has no annual fee and exclusive cardholder rebates. Promotional financing payments are available, and the purchase APR for this card is 29.99%.

Discount Tire FAQ

Which Discount Tire services are free?
Discount Tire offers free lifetime tire rotation and balancing.
Can you negotiate prices with Discount Tire?
Discount Tire doesn’t negotiate, but you can inquire about coupons and promotions. If you’ve found a better price elsewhere, you can also request a price match.
Does Discount Tire charge for tire installation?
The company does charge for tire installation. The price includes the cost of labor, mounting, balancing, visual inspection and more.
Does Discount Tire do walk-ins?
Yes, Discount Tire takes walk-ins for all of its services. You can wait in the lobby while its team works on your tires, or you can leave and receive a text or call when the job is done.

Is Discount Tire a good company?

Discount Tire, with its low prices and lifetime free rotation and balancing, is likely a good choice for new tire purchases. You can shop online or in person if there’s a retailer near you. If you choose to shop around, Discount Tire’s price-matching guarantee should keep you from paying more than necessary.

Discount Tire Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Discount Tire?

Original review: Sept. 20, 2022

I arrived at the store and realized that I made the appointment at a different store. The manager stepped in to say that they were not that busy so they could take care of me and the next thing I knew I was all set in less than an hour and I didn’t even buy tires from them. I brought the tires with me.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2022

I have done business with Discount Tire off and on nearly 40 years and NEVER have been disappointed but have decided since, I'll not go anywhere else. Just today, I went in, to this store (Loop 323 Tyler) with my low tire pressure light issue other than low pressure. One of the young men ended up having to reset the sensors at no cost to me. I had gone in expecting to find out I had a damaged TPMS unit (previously had found out they all checked good) and spend at least $50 - $70. The people who work for (and have worked for) Discount Tire have always been extremely courteous. They treat their customers as they would want to be treated. Thank you, Discount Tire for always being there when I needed Tire replacement/repair.

By the way everyone, they do stand by their tire warranties. Several years ago, I had a tire on my car which ended up with a broken belt, ready to buy a new one because I had rolled out all the warranty. As it turned out I had two tires that way and they replaced both of them for the cost of the tire warranty ($6 those days). The tires were 35,000-mile tires and I had just finished those miles on those tires. Best deal I ever got. If anyone is looking for a reliable place to get their tires, you can't go wrong with Discount Tire! Trust me!

Get buying tips about Tires delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2022

I do most of my transactions at the branch in Lake City, Florida as they seem to have the best customer service out of the different locations I have been in. 98% of the time they will honor the warranty you can purchase with the purchase of the tires. I have had to use my warranty multiple times to get tires replaced. It is hit or miss on whether it is covered (depending on which CSR (Customer Service Rep) you get). They do take a while to get the job done which isn't always a bad thing as they do take the time to compare the stats (pros/cons) of each brand tire they have in stock and they can get for you.

The primary issue I have encountered through them is that they will quote you a time period and then take double that to get the actual job done. If you go here, make sure you allot yourself at least 1-2 hours to be waiting. Start to finish. On the other hand, staff is very friendly/professional and clean (appearance). The office/lobby is clean and tidy. I feel comfortable letting my toddler roam around because it is clean, spacious and nothing for him to get into.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2021

I purchased 4 premium tires last year for a used car that I purchased. The car ran well & I never had a problem with the performance. I purchased the recommended warranty. When one of my tires was punctured, they replaced it. They run a very efficient office. It is well organized, well lit, neat, & the entire staff is professional.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2021

Just introduced to Discount Tire in Kansas City and had to immediately replace a tire with a screw in it. Couldn't repair, so checked their options and decided on a mid-to-higher level quality tire for my passenger rear. They were quite quick and helpful, but... they didn't tell me about warranty options while I overheard others discussing it and was disappointed that I wasn't suggested such an option.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2022

I had the worst experience at the Discount Tire at 7620 Hwy 90A, Sugar Land TX. I took my car in for a simple nail fix, but I ended up spending $1030.00 dollars on 4 new tires. Two of my rims were damaged in the process of installation of the new tires. I went back immediately to complain about the damaged rims and was offered a $55.00 refund or leave my rim there and they will send it off for repair. I did not have time to search for a repair shop so I left my 1 of the rims there for them to repair. I asked how long it would take, John the store manager said 2-3 days. Fast forward, it took 2 weeks, they sent the rim off for repair, but it came back in poor quality, and therefore it was sent back out again.

I literally had to call the store every other day to inquiry when it would be ready. No one at the store call to apologize for the delay or told me the truth of what really happened that cause the repair to take forever. The only time they followed up with the repair shop was when I called to inquiry when the rim would be ready to be install back on my car. Every time I call the Discount Tire store, they always promised to call me back and not once the entire 2 weeks did anyone ever called me once. I called the store the entire time, customer service was the worst, and the store staff was not apologetic for damaging my rims.

They made me feel like I was an inconvenience for them, when they were the ones at fault, and should have been making it right for me from the start. I don't know what happened with my rim that took so long to get repair, and I do feel that the truth was not provided to me. Now I have another damaged rim, which I have to repair myself and spend more money. What a freaking nightmare, I should have just repaired the darn nail and left that day and not purchased tires from there. Please do not go there unless you want your rims to get damaged. Their employees are not trained properly to install tires without damaging rims. I highly do not recommend this store.

Resolution response: Sept. 23, 2022

My first review on Discount Tire was them selling me tires that were defective and would not replace them at no charge. The manufacturer Yokohama at the time said they would cover 78% of what I paid for the tires. After my review given on ConsumerAffairs, Yokohama called Discount Tire and they agreed to cover 80% and Discount Tire agreed to cover the 20%. This resulted in a 100% refund which is what is deserved considering the amount I paid for defective tires. I got new tires on today, but I went with Michelin.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2022

Discount tire sold me 4 new tires 5 months ago. 2 of the tires have chunks coming off and overall just falling apart. Discount tire will not replace them. They called the tire manufacturer “Yokohama“ and they will cover a percentage. Discount tire calls me back and they want me to pay over $200 to put 2 new tires of the same brand on. I already paid $1,036.35 so I don’t see why I should have to pay anything for defective manufacturer tires. Discount tires sells this brand so they should discount it down to zero whatever the manufacturer does not cover. They sell their product so they should honor these defective tires. At this point I’m driving my vehicle with children in it and it’s a safety hazard. We could get killed from a tire blowout and I can’t afford any more tires.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2022

I found a set of tires. They say they will bet any one by 5%. This is not true. I have been getting tires from them on South Church St since they opened. 12 different cars, I bought full sets and they always matched or beat or even gave me a better tire but I guess this year is tight for them because it brought my estimate in, they wouldn’t even match it. They wouldn’t give me a better tire, they wouldn’t even do their advertisement beat by 5%.

I called corporate, no response. After all the issues I had with their tires you think they give me a better deal, like dry root tires. I got new, a few where good but I do get 2 different sets that where dry rotted, didn’t say anything because still under warranty. They even lost one of my rims but after a few weeks they found one not exact same but they replaced but they don’t tell the truth on everything. I found out so am going have to go somewhere else. I got the impression that they were making enough money and beaten my price by 5% as they advertise, now I can’t say for all this Discount Tires but the one on South Church St in Murfreesboro they were very good when 1st opened but all new guys guessing, do you have a to much Business than they need so I’ll be taking my vehicles to another tire shop for now on.

Original review: July 22, 2022

I had factory tires that were a run flat tire as the car came with no spare tire. On vacation I had a flat and went to Discount Tire. They installed new tires that were not run flat and never told me about this feature. After I got home I checked on my new tire purchase...Very disappointed as I will be calling a tow truck next time. Thank you Discount Tire.

Original review: July 21, 2022

The temp outside was 100 degrees and humid for the desert. I am a senior citizen. I stopped for a tire pressure ck. Because they were busy I asked if it was possible and was assured that someone would be sent out in 5 minutes. Twenty minutes later sitting in the hot car, I got out, told them off and promised never to return. I have purchased tires there for more than twenty years. I will never darken their doorstep again. There are plenty of other tire places in the neighborhood and plenty of other Discount Tire shops in the valley. They are not going to see me again. I went on my errands and got the tire pressure checked elsewhere.

Discount Tire Company Information