Find a Tires partner

Take an Extended Auto Warranty Quiz

Get matched with an Authorized Partner

Find my match

Costco - Tires Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Costco - Tires?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Costco - Tires?

Original review: Jan. 15, 2021

I purchased 2 tires a little over a year ago at the East Hanover, NJ Costco. The tires are Bridgestone 225/50r17 94W which were placed in the rear and have very little mileage on them since I have been working from home. I purchased 2 new Bridgestone tires for the front a couple of days ago from the East Hanover, NJ Costco. After waiting for installation I was told they will not install them because even though they are the same brand and size and model they will not install them because the old ones have a speed rating of W and the new ones have a speed rating of V. They told me they no longer sell the W speed rated tires so I would have to buy 4 new tires. I get no credit for the old ones so I am supposed to flush $400.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2021

Today I have a different experience. I purchased 4 winter tyres of Michelin from Costco for my Audi Q5. Also I paid online for their tyre replacement. When I went for the replacement as per my appointment, the mechanic said I can't find a special key in your car which is required for replacement. I went to the dealer as my car is new and they should provide me the key. The dealer shown me the key along with the toolbox inside the car. I came again at the Costco Etobicoke Tyre Center. I asked how come your mechanic could not find the key? It is there in the car inside toolbox.

The person at counter said it is your responsibility to find the key and keep it ready on the passenger's seat. Then only we can replace the tyres. We are not gonna search the key. I am very much surprised by this behaviour as we customers are not Mechanics and have zero knowledge about what is required for the replacement of tyres. The person I found was very rude in talking, too.

Get buying tips about Tires delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2020

I had 4 replacement TPMS sensors I wanted installed while they were installing the 4 new tires. When I arrived for my appointment, I was told they would not install products not purchased from Costco. This is a short sighted policy and poor customer service.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2020

I visited 3 times Costco Tires Centre Oshawa. Every time team over there different excuses not install tires. Once found defect in tires, showed me the tires that was not mine. 2nd time the treads on tire not enough, 3rd time whenever I got new tires from where somewhere else they said, "We don't install other stores new tires," provided that no option was given at 2nd time to purchase new tires from Costco. Waste of time booked the appointments every time.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2020

I went to the Costco on 1 Yorktech Dr, Markham. I paid for new tires and for them to change. The next day the TPMS warning light on, then I sent the car to the store and they asked me to book another appointment. They checked the sensors and told me only one needed to be changed, so I bought four sensors and gave one to them to get that done, and then they give me the paper notice mentioned to better get all the other three sensors done. After I got my car back and noticed the TPMS valve caps not there. They said when they throw out the TPMS caps and could not find them. I came back to the Lexus dealer and asked them and they said there might be cost 40 dollars to buy four caps. A similar story happened to my friend last year at the same Costco store!!! Please be careful if you are getting your tires, TPMS installed here or any work is done. Better find some reputable tire store to do the tire installation!!!

Original review: Oct. 21, 2020

I booked winter tire change at new Costco at Buffalo Run, Calgary. We arrived at 6:30 pm for an appointment at 6:45 pm. After all paperwork was done I asked about the wait time and was told 1.5-2 hours. Then I asked if it is ok to take the car to fill in the gasoline while waiting and my car key was literally thrown at me by service desk person :(. We were also told that the cell phone reception is not the greatest in the store. So went to check out how the things are going after 1 hour and were yelled at because we were not supposed to come before 2 hours as they are busy.

After 2 hours (at the time the store is closing) the car was not in and I was offered to come the next day morning or wait outside until it is done - the weather in Calgary is cold and it was -3 C outside. I refused to wait outside and explained that I need to work the next day and was not planning the tire replacement, so we together with 3 more customers were waiting in the empty store. After 3 hours and 1 hour after closing the car was done. While waiting the staff was referring to us as those two since our car was the last one. Truly eye-opening experience. Definitely do not consider this Costco for your tire replacement.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2020

The customer service is insanity and Stockholders must know how incompetent and inefficient the tire department is!!!! The phone call is the beginning of insane infomercial of junk & zero related to the person calling!! #1 - #2 Costco managers are aware of the tire appointment online insanity crap. Always saying booked but when you drive there the bay has maybe 2 cars or 1. This is hurting Stock shares and future customers!!! I will take my business elsewhere but will cost costco BIG $$$ for abusing me after I'm locked into membership!!! Literally it will cost $20k plus in returning damaged goods, defective crap to hurt their bottom line. Remember, you screw w/ customers, they/I screw you back.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2020

Attention guys of Tire Center at Boston Heights, Ohio, focus on your job and make customers' appointment CORRECT!!! My husband ordered 4 tires online for my car about a week ago and then this morning he received an email told him that the tires had delivered to the store. So he called the tire center to make an appointment for tire changing. I heard him speak to a tire center guy through his cell phone about his name, car made, and appointment time [THIS AFTERNOON 4 PM] TWICE to ensure that we got the correct information. However, the guy at the tire center told us they do not have our appointment on schedule today when we arrived at the store. We drove 40 minutes to get there and now we need to make a new appointment and then wait for another meaningless 3 hours to get tire changed. Seriously guys at tire center, think about the reason why your rating is only 1 star out of 5???? Think about it????

Original review: Sept. 30, 2020

We went to Buffalo Run Costco on Sept 30th. We talked to tire staff in person about booking an appt to get tires mounted, we were told by the staff member “you have to book online” and he points to a sign on the window, here is where the fun begins... I tried to book online, no matter what time you picked, it comes up with an error message and you have to start over again. When you try calling the tire center, with the number posted on the website, it doesn’t work it is not connected. When you call the store, the tire line won’t connect, when you get administrative staff to connect you, the phone. It rings but no one will answer. So if you are looking to be frustrated, try to get winter tires installed from Costco. Otherwise, do what we are going to do and go elsewhere. Just trying to spend money!!!!

Original review: Sept. 22, 2020

Costco has become the same as the other rip off retailers; refuse to warranty the MANUFACTURER warranty! Refused to cover their OWN work in installing faulty valve stems, tires leaked, said they'd replace under warranty of service agreement, THEN refused to saying that we actually needed news tires: THEN they refused to acknowledge we were in 100% compliance with the rotation schedule for warranty application of the NEW tires THEY said we needed to BUY!?! 5 HOURS wasted to get tires rotated and valve stems replaced in TWO TRIPS to this rip off scam hole in Middleton, Wisconsin. MICHELIN: you are being ripped off by using them as a Distributor, I don't even need to see the delivery numbers!

Costco - Tires author review by Lauren Fix

Costco is a popular membership warehouse club offering a range of consumer products, including tires. The company started in 1976 in San Diego to serve small businesses but has grown into an international company.

• Major brands: Costco offers competitive pricing on major brands such as Michelin, BFGoodrich and Bridgestone.

• Warranty: Customers can purchase a warranty that includes rotation, flat repairs, valve stem repair and nitrogen inflation.

• The Costco Advantage: Member benefits include shipping and handling costs as part of the retail pricing and an installation package.

• Tire search tool: Tires can be bought online or through the warehouse using the search tool based on vehicle, tire size or item number.

by Lauren Fix Auto & Finance Contributing Editor

Lauren Fix, also called The Car Coach, is an automotive and auto finance expert. Her understanding of vehicles has made her the “go to” person on TV, radio, print media and the Internet. She has authored multiple books and writes a column for several outlets, including Parade Magazine, NewsMax and Car Coach Reports. She is a regular guest on major news and morning shows, discussing the latest updates on cars and car financing that will help drivers make smart decisions when buying, maintaining and financing cars.

Costco - Tires Company Information