Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty
3.61/5

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

162 Bridgestone Tires Consumer Reviews

Original review: Jan. 13, 2015

My son was driving Mahindra Thar from office to residence on 5th January 2015 in Bangalore. The Thar is one and half year old and run roughly 14K KMS. While returning on that day, when we was driving on normal 20 KMs, speed tire was burst. He had to pull to the side and replace the tire. When this was told to Mahindra they informed Bridgestone person to inspect. They straightway concluded that this has happened because some sharp object has damaged the tire. But Bridgestone themselves claim in their website that they had manufacturing problems and have pulled back 1.2 million tires.

The problem, which was mentioned by Bridgestone employee and what is there on their website is identical. I cannot understand how Bridgestone work in India? Secondly my son himself is a HOG Member in Bangalore and they are very strict about their driving rules. If they do not even trust fellow members in the same industry, I can imagine the status of general public. Also check the website link **, which talks exactly what happened to our tire. Thar Jeep was purchased in May 2013. The web link might not have mentioned India in their list, but we never know.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2014

Bridgestone tires are OEM on many new vehicles, because they discount them to the manufacturers. My wife has a 2012 Suzuki SX4 crossover with the Bridgestone Tundra 400 tire. These tires have a written warranty, it states that the tires will be prorated up to six years for 60,000 miles. Understand that this car was purchased new and had the tires rotated every 6000 miles since purchased. At 30,000 miles these tires are unsafe for wet or winter driving, at the wear bars. No it's not out of alignment, been checked, no it has no abnormal wear in the steering or suspension. These tires sell for $150.00 each. If you post anything about Bridgestone on there site reviews, they will not post it. If it's not a good review, forget it. So you should never trust any of the Bridgestone/Firestone reviews because they're not allowing real world posts about people's experiences.

They offered no help, no warranty, no prorate. Actually at this point they did me a favor. I wouldn't want to pay even half price, plus mounting, balancing and fees for these poorly designed tires. Be warned there not a honorable company. I will never do business with them in my lifetime. I did purchase new tires and they weren't a Bridgestone/Firestone product. If you are looking take a look at Cooper tires, always made in the US and good quality. So Mr. Bridgestone/Firestone I bought four new cooper Ultra Touring CS5 tires for less than what I would have have paid even if you gave me a prorate on these junk tires. These tires wear out quickly, are very noisy and just don't perform well even on light snow. Never buy Bridgestone based on their padded reviews.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2014

Bridgestone Potenza 225/45R17 - I noticed some reviews on here from people that had the same issue I did with my Bridgestone tires. My tires had about 7/32 of an inch left of tread on them, which is about 80%. Luckily I was driving only about 30mph when all of the sudden it felt like my car got a flat and my right rear tire separated from my sidewalls and kept rolling down the road into traffic. I regularly check my tire pressure and make sure they stay about 32psi. I did not notice any nails or holes in the tire that would have caused my tire to go flat. My car is all wheel drive, so instead of replacing just one or two tires, I had to replace all four tires which was a costly repair. Not only was it expensive but it could have been very dangerous to me and my wife in the car. I am posting this comment hoping that Bridgestone will let me know what could have happened or reimburse me for my tires.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2014

After applying for financing online and receiving my reference number via email, I went to the firestone on Madison St. where my salesperson was also the store manager, so I thought I was in good hands. After picking my tires out and also requesting an alignment check, I gave the manager the reference number I received online. Signed the receipt, came back an hour or so later. I see my tires look great, excited to get in to my Yukon and head to work. Waiting in the lobby for my keys, I notice it has picked up. They seemed a little under staffed. Waiting patiently I finally go asking about to the staff, needing my keys, requesting the manager who assisted me. I had to get to work by 2pm.

Finally I was informed my financing was declined. I pulled up the emails I was sent that morning. He gave me a phone number to the financing department, same one I already spoke to that morning, just a different operator. I called where I talked to 4 people getting disconnected two times, somehow each time I was put on hold being directed to the next person since the last one did not have an answer. I intensely expressed to each operator I had been at firestone since before eleven a.m. The tires were already on my vehicle.

The salesman is not allowing me to drive to the bank due to no payment, as well as the huge problem I have to be at work by 2 p.m., as well as I car pool with my roommate. I have been waiting since before eleven a.m. and I am now running out of time to make it to work on time. I don't want to get fired, what do I do? Who can help me? Your financing department was very unprofessional as well as inefficient. So I was not helped or directed to any solution by the staff at firestone. So I directed my issue to the customer service department where they were very supportive, listened and agreed the finance department as well as the store staff failed doing their job performing poor customer service. Customer service immediately called the store and asked me to go back into the store. They were calling them to release my keys and get me to work on time.

I get to the counter, the manager avoids me as well as the call. The other staff member who is informing him as well as asking him to take the phone call, requesting my keys allowing me to get to work as directed by the customer support still on the phone with me and the other staff member. He simply walks off after refusing to take the call or return my keys.

The other staff is very apologetic, explaining he is the new store manager yet not knowing what to do, afraid of losing his job by disagreeing. At this point I'm in tears, I will not make it to work on time costing me my job due to past tardiness (partially my fault) as well as my room mate was written up at work. By this point I just want out of there and nothing to do with firestone. When then I am asked if I need a ride to the bank or work by a staff member, I know he was just trying to help, but it was too late to save my job and it just added injury to insult. Insisting they just please take the new tires off and put my tires back on so I could just get out of there, I finally had to call a friend to come get me.

They were understaffed or overbooked their appointments. I was hungry, emotionally drained, of course not planning on being there for so long. Later that evening I went to get my keys and Yukon. This experience was awful I want nothing to do with firestone costing me my job and my roommate (my boyfriend's mother written up at work for tardiness), wasted my time and others' time, rejection and embarrassment. Due to firestones store staff and finance department not taking responsibility for their mistakes, only pointing the finger blaming one another and covering up for their own mistakes instead of demonstrating a higher level of professionalism as promised by firestone.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2014

This review is for the Bridgestone Potenza G019 215/60/R16's. These are the worst tires I have ever had on any car I've owned, and I've owned many. I got them at Firestone, and Firestone typically has little in stock that's affordable, except the Bridgestone garbage that they sell. After they were first installed, they were great. But after one rotation, I noticed a loud noise coming from the right front tire. It was so loud, I thought my bearings were going out, or some other catastrophic failure that would cost more money to repair. It was just the one tire that had been on the rear, and had worn unevenly, and all showed signs of cupping after less than 7k.

They offered to switch two tires to put the noisy one back on the rear, but I said no. I listened to that god-awful noise until it was time to rotate again, thinking that after that, I'd get a quiet ride again. NOPE! It was just as noisy as the last time. The major chain garage I take it to (NOT Firestone) said the only thing to do would be to replace the one tire, if I thought it was that annoying (they assured me the tire was still safe to use), or wait to replace them all. I waited, and good riddance to these awful tires!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bridgestone Tires?

Original review: Oct. 28, 2014

Bought a Toyota Camry (LE 4 cylinder). After 18,000 miles, the tire tread is all but gone... Called Bridgestone, was told that original equipment (Bridgestone) sometimes see only 12,000 miles.. I hope Toyota recognizes that this is unacceptable and changes companies like Cooper, Yokohama, Toyo, or B.F. Goodrich..... PLEASE TOYOTA change to a better tire.......

Original review: Oct. 26, 2014

I've suffered with these 215 55R16 BS POTENZA G19 93H grid tires for the last 35,000 out of 45,000 miles. Purchased on 08/09/2008 they worked OK for the first 10,000 miles and then cupped at all four corners and have virtually no wet traction and roar and vibrate like the dickens going down the road. I seldom complain about things, but asking around I keep hearing the same lament, STAY AWAY from this tire!

Well, after 10,000 miles no one would stand behind them, and offered a paltry 25% discount to replace them. After $650.00 into tires, I can't afford that. So I soldier on for another 30K miserable miles with passengers asking, "what's wrong with your car?". Bridgestone, that's what. You have no idea what it is like driving an E320 that sounds like a pick-up with mudders. The vibration and lack of any real traction in the wet is FAR, FAR from what I thought POTENZA stood for.

Even worse, they are lasting a long time! I simply cannot figure out how you inflicted the public with this design tire with current CAD design expertise. Truly awful wear, noise and grinding vibration. And yes, they are regularly rotated so the grinding vibration I feel through the whole car (an E320!!) every time I stop is 100% consistent. My previous Bridgestones were fine. What happened?

Needles to say, I will/can't afford to ever buy your tires again and be stuck with the worst tire I've ever owned, a second time. Are you even remotely aware of how bad this tire is? There are legions of complaints just like mine. If you EVER want me to say Bridgestone and not use it as a curse word, I need to hear some form of redemption that this miserable design is vanquished from the earth. Even then the expense and YEARS of misery (and they are STILL grinding away even today) is still telling me to stay way.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2014

I was driving home from work the other day when my low air light came on. I was alarmed, so I slowed down and moved to the right lane. The car seemed to be losing air, so I exited immediately. The tire exploded on the exit ramp. There was no indication of cuts, nails, or any sharp objects. It seems as the belt gave away. The tire was completely separated and I could have pulled the outer part off without taking off the wheel. I feel this was a faulty tire, but Toyota said I didn't have road hazard and I was responsible for a new tire. I think the tire was defective and should have been covered. It only had 12K miles on the tire. Has anyone else had similar issues?

Original review: Oct. 11, 2014

Purchased 8 tires for my bus on the advise of their sales in charge. Promised that the tire will give 100k kms. but few got 80k, rest 50k and less. The problem with the tire is rubber is getting separated with casing (metal wire) due to the heat. I have reported to their higher official, no response. Very much disappointed with truck/bus tires.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2014

My 2013 GMC Sierra came stock with dueler AT's. At 23,000 miles, it developed a roar/grinding noise in the front drive train. I decided to rotate front to back and the noise changed positions with the tires. While rotating the tires, I noticed the inside tread lugs had worn uneven on every other lug about 1/16-1/8 inch. The uneven tread wear like this should not happen. I would not recommend these tires.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2014

I have a 2012 Toyota Tundra which I Purchased from A Toyota dealer. The vehicle was brand new when I purchased it. Very disappointed in your tires that were on the vehicle when I purchased it. I have less than 20,000 miles on the vehicle and the tires are starting to dry rot. Now I need to buy new tires. Would expect better quality of tires for an expensive vehicle. Would never buy Bridgestone tires or recommend them to anyone.

Original review: July 27, 2014

Bridgestone Turanza EL 400 225/50R17 93V tires - I was on my way to a much needed vacation... Took a week off work, had plans with people and as I was driving on the highway at 75 mi per hour, the entire tread separated leaving only two bands around the wheel. The carcass flew off the tire into the median and rolled almost to the other lanes. It was a fearful experience. A gentleman put my donut on and I drove back to the closest town and called practically all tire dealers in Billings, MT and none carried the particular tire... it had to be ordered. I just bought this car a year ago and it had 100 miles on it and now has about 6000. The tires are still new, this shouldn't have happened. I looked up consumer reviews on Bridgestone tires and there were a lot of bad reviews similar to my situation. Subaru, National Highway Transportation Safety Administration Office of Defects Investigation and the Bridgestone Co will be hearing from me!

Original review: July 26, 2014

Gave our son our Dodge Stop N Go Van since he lives 230 miles away, is a single parent with two small daughters and he had an older vehicle with 200,000 miles and we were concerned of his car breaking down with his two young girls on their trips to visit us. So gave him our six year old van and I put four new Bridgestone Insignia tires on it for him. Now two years later all four tires have dry rotted areas on the side walls and once again we are now concerned of their safety with his having a blowout on trips back and forth! Never will buy Bridgestone tires again! They were purchased and installed at our local Chrysler Dealership when giving him the van. He is going to check his paperwork I gave him when he took the van over when he gets back to his home to see what warranty Bridgestone might offer. But from what I have just read on this site Bridgestone does not offer much or any warranties. So even though I am a retired old man on a fixed income will be buying our son another set of tires!

Original review: March 31, 2014

I purchased 4 brand new tires (Falcon) from Bridgestone. No more than 1 week later as I'm about to get ready to drive off as soon as I take off I feel something wrong with my driver front tire. I pull over to look and to my surprise I see that my tire is completely off the rim not only is it flat but now I have damage to my rim. What some BS. I tell you never again NEVER AGAIN WILL I GO THERE. DON'T GO FOR YOUR GOOD!!!!!!

Original review: Nov. 13, 2013

We purchased a new Toyota Sienna with Bridgestone Turanza run flat tires in 2012. At 1000 miles, we noticed wear on the front tires. We thought there may be an alignment problem. We took it to the dealer, it was checked, we were told it was fine. At 15000 miles, the tires are junk and need to be replaced. Bridgestone inspected the tires and are not offering any warranty, prorated or not. I think this is an outrage. It's such a waste of money, not to mention natural resources to have to replace VERY expensive tires at 15,000! I'm disappointed in our dealer that they would do business with such snotty manufacturer. We definitely will NOT get our replacement tires from Bridgestone, OR from our dealership!!

Original review: Oct. 21, 2013

Purchased a set of these a couple years ago because my factory BF Goodrich was having tread separation and blow outs. The tire dealer said I would not have to worry about these because they are 10-ply and I do pull trailers. Well, two weeks ago, I had one of the Bridgestones separate and had to go in and get a new tire. They did pro-rate it as I only had around 25k on the tires. With the pro-rate, I still paid about 2/3 the cost of a new tire at list price. Could have gotten a deal on sale better. This past weekend, while towing a gooseneck with an 8000-pound tractor, I had another tread separation and then blow out before I could get stopped. Ripped the right rear fender and broke the fender braces and ripped out the fender liner. I am heading in this week to see what they say now. If they will not pro-rate the remaining tires, I will be going back to Michelin for sure.

Original review: June 4, 2013

I have a 2008 Mazda Miata MX-5. The car has 25,000 miles on it and I purchased it at 14,000 miles the end of 2010. I alone put 11,000 miles on it. It has been garaged and I use that shiny, greasy stuff on the tires to keep it looking beautiful and it's supposed to prevent cracking. I recently had my brakes checked, and I was told the tires had dry rot and also had cracks. I was informed they were dangerous and needed to be replaced. I took the car for a second opinion and sure enough, I was told the same thing. I was also told that they were worn down to the bar.

I researched the price of the tires I had on the car, and they ranged anywhere from $240-$269 per tire. What?? Really??? So I called Bridgestone Tires and discussed their replacing the 4 tires assuming there was a warranty. They told me not only do they NOT have mileage warranty on the tires, but they only have a 4-year warranty against cracking. What??! I have always had Michelin Pilots on my cars. I always have luxury cars - owned 4 Infiniti's.

I guess I will NEVER own Bridgestone Tires again. The worst. They are overpriced and garbage. They don't stand behind their product and tack on ridiculous prices on their tires - seems almost political since a lot of cars come with Bridgestone Tires. Makes you wonder if there was some kind of payoff made. Once you have them on your car, you're stuck. If you get a nail or flat, you need one tire; you're locked in to Bridgestone. They also void the 4-year crack warranty on a used car purchase. When purchasing a car, ask the dealer to switch the tires from another car and another brand. Saves a lot of money for you in the end.

Original review: May 28, 2013

I have purchased a set of Bridgestone Duelers for my 2004 Chevy Tahoe. The tires were no good. The braking distance increased as these tires skidded very easy. The wear was unbelievable. Gone in 17,000 miles. No mileage warranty. My second experience was on my BMW with Dueler run flats. They made it to 20,000 miles with exposed secondary rubber. No warranty again. When I asked about the quality, the rep told me that I should be happy that I got 20K as they are only rated to about 12-15K. I put Michelins on the Tahoe two years ago and they still perform like new, still have a lot of tread left and 25K in warranty left. Cost more but well worth it. I am changing the BMW as soon as I can.

Original review: April 4, 2013

Bridgestone Potenza G019 Tires - These tires are the worst I have ever bought. They have real loud road noise and there is now cracking between the treads on all 4 tires. We went back to the store where we got them, and they said this is normal for a tire in a Minnesota winter. I have been driving in Minnesota for 25 years and have never seen any of my tires cracking like this. It looks unsafe to me.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2013

I bought my Jeep Wrangler Sahara in 2009 and it came with Bridgestone Dueler A/T R255/70R18 tires. I have 35000 miles on the tires and last week, I was topping up the air with a compressor and a tire valve snapped. I got that replaced at a total cost of $97.50. This week, one of the other tires was a little low and just putting the hose of the compressor on the valve caused it to snap like a twig. I am now afraid to even try to add air to these tires. The Jeep dealer did say he had cases of this in the past and especially in cold weather. But these are not cheap tires. You'd hope you could add air to them without snapping the tire valve!

Original review: Nov. 27, 2012

I bought 2 sets of BS G019 Grid Tire for my Mazda 3 and after half a year, the tires started making big loud noises. I was afraid it is because of my rotor and after reading all these reviews, I just noticed I made a wrong decision to buy all these 4 tires! They are very noisy and I could not even talk in the car. I want to file in small claims court for these tires!

Original review: Sept. 24, 2012

I could not get any real help for our 2012 Chevy Silverado 3/4 ton pick up truck which always gets stuck in the mud. The tires, Bridgestone snow/mud, are totally ineffective in the mud. We have had to get pulled out of the mud with full loads of wood and can't go on a job unless someone is there to pull us out of the mud. Everything has been checked out on the truck and mechanically, it is fine. It is the Bridgestone tires that were determined to be the problem. I'm hoping GM will take this issue with Bridgestone Tires and require them to fix the problem. We have a $32,000 truck that can't do the job we purchased it for. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2012

There’s total tread separation on an Insignia tire for the second time. The reseller of the tire says that there is nothing that can be done without the tire. I provided pictures (available) and it’s the same response. These tires are crap!

Original review: July 5, 2012

I purchased a new Mini Cooper S in December 2011 and immediately removed the 205/45/17 Bridgestone Run-Flat tires and rims for Dunlop winter tires for the season. In March 2012 I put the still new Bridgestone tires back on the Mini after the last winter storm had departed. In May the car was in for a service and I noticed that the front tires had already worn down to their wear-bar after only 10,000 km. I complained to the dealer who advised that I should have an alignment check done. This I did (at a cost of $200 to me) only to find that the vehicle was within range. I decided to switch my front tires to the rear of the vehicle in order to maximize wear and see if the two rear ones that were not at all worn would wear just as fast. After a couple of weeks, the warning lamp came on indicating I had a puncture. It was one of the worn tires (now on the rear of the vehicle) that had worn so much it was not worth repairing.

I spent two hours calling all available tire dealers to find two replacement Run-Flat tires and no one had any in stock. These are a specialty order! I called the dealer who also didn’t have any. After some discussion, I decided I was not going to replace the Run-Flat tires at over $300 a piece, but would switch all four tires for non-run flats at $160 a piece. I have been driving for over 30 years and I have never experienced nor heard of anyone who has worn out a pair of tires in less than 10,000 km, but when I did some research online, I found that this is common with Run-Flats. So why would I pay twice as much as normal tires for something that rides hard, doesn’t handle all that well, wears twice as fast and can’t be replaced without a special order? The selection of brands and types of Run-Flat brands in this size is also greatly limited.

Answer: don’t use Run-Flats. They suck! I have replaced with Good Year Eagles and am so far I’m pretty happy (just waiting to see the wear patterns). Mini, you seriously need to consider what you are doing forcing customers to use these products. This is a significant negative aspect of selecting a Mini. Bridgestone, this has seriously damaged your reputation and I would think many times over before selecting your products. Mini and Bridgestone, I went to your websites and could not find a complaints section nor a 1-800 number where I could call in my compliant.

Original review: May 3, 2012

I purchased a new set of Bridgestone mud terrain tires (4) SZ 295 75 16S from our local Tire Kingdom dealer. The tires cost $1,100. We also purchased 4 new shocks at another cost of $600 for my 2000 Chevy 1500 4x4 pickup truck. Just after the first 8 months, I noticed a vibration in the tires and truck. Upon inspection, I noticed the tires seemed to be chopped. At this time, I returned to Tire Kingdom and was told because of the tires being oversized, they are not under warranty. This makes me very unhappy. We purchased your brand due to the sales rep at our local store. We really expected better quality of a product for the amount of money spent. If there is anything you can do to help resolve this situation, it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your concern in this matter.

Original review: May 1, 2012

My Honda CRV was still under warranty, under 20,000 miles. I was having strange noise and brought it to the dealer who reported it was the worn tires. I checked my book for a warranty, and it said go to the tire company, which I did. The local Bridgestone dealer said there was no warranty, and it was confirmed on their website. Bottom line, it's less than 20,000 miles before they had to be replaced, and the tire company would do nothing. I have bought car tires for over 65 years and never got such poor wear from any tire. Also, the noise blotted out the radio and any passenger conversation.

Original review: April 30, 2012

The tire was torn up while the vehicle was running on the road. It was due to the poor quality of the product and not anything intentionally done with the tire. When we have seen the tire, it was clearly apparent that it was due to a manufacturing defect that the tire burst while running the vehicle and it was not cut intentionally by us. Is this the quality provided by Bridgestone? Please look into the matter.

Original review: April 17, 2012

My Bridgestone spare tire explodes on my SUV. What causes it to happen?

Original review: March 19, 2012

10,000 miles on new Potenza tires - Tires roar at high speeds and also low creeping speeds. I’m very dissatisfied. They sound like the old 60's snow tires on all four wheels.

Original review: March 3, 2012

These tires have a little more than 10,000 on them and they are so loud you cannot hear yourself thinking. On the highway, you will still hear the loud humming, and I am afraid that the tires are not safe. I have read other comments online and wish that I would have seen them before buying the tires 18 months ago. I have not called Bridgestone/Firestone because others have said that they will not help you. But I did call an online firm, talking about a class action suit.

Bridgestone Tires Company Information