4.0/5 (665 ratings)

Take an Extended Auto Warranty Quiz

Get matched with an Authorized Partner

Find my match

Big O Tires Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Big O Tires?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Big O Tires?

Original review: Nov. 26, 2010

I brought 4 new tires on 4-23-10. The tires are Cooper Discover LSX OWL. They were installed at 31209 miles. Today, on 11-26-10, I have 47350 miles on my truck. The tires have only 16141 miles on them and they are already on the wear bars. I drove over 232 miles from my home to the tire shop only to be told that there was nothing they could do because Big O Tires does not honor any mileage warranties. The web page for Cooper tires show that these tires have a 60,000 mile warranty. The tire shop said all they could do was sell me a new set of tires and hope that I have better results. 16141 miles div. 60000 miles =.269 . $810.52x.269 = 218.02 . $810.52 - $218.02 =$592.50

Original review: Nov. 11, 2010

I purchased four Bridgestone WTD tires (245-55R19) for my Toyota Hybrid. After 19,000 miles of freeway driving, rotating the tires twice, I have no tread left. My Big O Tires dealer (#4100) says I should have got 40,000 and that they are dangerous to drive on. They say only Bridgestone can help; the two customer service lines Big O provided go nowhere. One is disconnected and the other rings and then disconnects. I'm left with dangerous tires and no one interested in really solving the problem.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2010

I went in for an alignment check on my S-10 truck. They told me that there was a lot of issues. The lower control arms were not tight when someone else tried to replace the ball joints. The lower control arms needed replaced at $150.00 a side, and the labor on top of that. Plus, the ball joints needed to be replaced again at $65.00 a side and labor on that. Then shocks were going to be needed in the future. I went to another alignment shop and they said Big O likes to hustle the customer on that.

First of all, Big O doesn't drill out the old ball joints. They buy control arms, which all of us guys know the ball joints come already in the control arms, that's why they just order control arms, which didn't need to be replaced, and just pass the bill on to the customer. The shocks didn't really need replaced. One of your competitors told me Big O is good for charging people that don't really need work done. The boulder Big O (tel # 303-449-5393), tried to say 50,000 miles ago that I needed lower ball joints.

Hello, it's still running without them until January 2010. That manager has been replaced and no longer working there is what I'm told now. I also got told I have bad credit and they wouldn't give me a credit card. I own my own business for thirteen years now. I felt you might be interested why people go elsewhere.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2010

My problem is not with any specific Big O Tire store. In fact, I have no complaint with my tire purchase from Big O Tire. My problem is about a rebate offered with the sale. On 8/14/2010, I purchased 4 tires from Big O Tires. The purchase came with a $90 rebate. The claim was mailed 8/16. I finally received an acknowledgement on 9/3 (three weeks) and that a rebate check would be mailed 4 to 6 weeks after the date of the claim submission. It's now November 4th, 8 weeks have passed with no sign of a rebate. I used their "contact us" to email an inquiry on the status a week ago, but have had no response.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2010

I had my 1994 Civic's front brakes serviced. After the brakes were done, I picked up my car. Two miles down the road, I heard a thumping sound coming from the front. I returned the car to have it looked at. The service person told me everything is all tight and right. He told me it was the control arm bushing's and that the sound was vibrating hitting the frame, and to replace it would cost $736. I took my car to my mechanic. It was loose lug nuts. I had to drive my car 37 miles away to have it looked at from a real pro. I could have been in an accident.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2010

I bought tires a couple of years ago and was assured when bought that these tires would always be carried when they were trying to get me to get the road hazard warranty. I went to the store Saturday, 10/16/2010 12:20PM because I picked up a sharp object on the outside last row of the tread right rear tire. I was told that I declined the warranty when I purchased the tire but that they could get me a tire from the Folsom Store. I agreed and the Rep Fuji called the store to make sure they had it to match my tire. I was told indeed it could be done. I agreed and waited for approximately 2 hours after giving my cell number and waiting in their waiting room. I was then approached to let me know the job was done.

As I approached the counter to pay, the rep Fuji told me that he wanted me to be aware before paying, while holding my credit card, that the tire was a black wall. All my tires are white wall facing out. I asked why no one told me and was there nothing else to match? I was told that the tire is discontinued and that there are no white walls that the rep could get until Monday. I was left in a real bad predicament, but decided not to pay for a black wall that was already put on the vehicle and told the rep to put back the tire I had on and I will go to the establishment across the street (Firestone). I do not like Firestone, but I was given no choice. The rep apologized but I feel it was just to humor me. I used to do a lot of business with Big O as did my family, but that will stop because of this deceptive and corner-your-customer attitude to force a decision and sale deceptively.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2010

We bought tires about a year ago and decided while we were in for tire rotation, we would also get our oil changed at the same time. Bad decision. On three different occasions, when my wife brought the car home after an oil change, we would have large amounts of oil on our driveway and in our garage. I would clean it up and call them to see why they didn't clean the oil off of the pan and it was ignored. The last time my wife took the car in for the oil change, they gave her a card and on the back of the card was written, oil pan gasket Parts $12.99 Labor 3 Hrs $224.94 Total $237.93 and was told it needed to be done as soon as possible.

I told my wife, we didn't need a gasket and that was confirmed today. It was time for an oil change. She took it to where I have all my work done on my truck,and there was no mention of an oil pan gasket. So I think, they were setting us up on the 2 occasions before, by spilling oil all over, so we would think we needed a gasket.

We are senior citizens, and I don't like being taken advantage of and I wonder just how many other females and or senior citizens this has happened too.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2010

I took my car into Big-O Tires for new tires. I was told I needed $400 in brake repairs (worn front rotors, worn front pads, worn rear shoes and rear drums, all bad). I was told, "I can’t even let you drive out of here because your brakes are dangerous.” The thing is, I am a mechanic and I had just done a complete brake job on the car that day (new front rotors, new front pads, new rear shoes, new rear drums). I let the manager write up an estimate and then I told him that I was a mechanic and had just replaced all the brake parts he had told me were worn/bad. He did not say a word more, and would not even look at me until I walked out the door. Stay away from Big-O-Tires in Vallejo, California! They are thieves.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2010

On 10/16/10 Saturday, I drove my SUV to Big O Tire on Crissmon Rd, Mesa, AZ. The salesperson (Bill) came out to my vehicle and I asked for pricing on a tuneup. He gave me the "good guy price" of $129.00. He mentioned that the plugs would cost about $10.00 each for this type of vehicle (the one that he was looking at and talking about). As I was on my way to a football game, I told him that I would come in the next morning. The next day, I returned to the store and Bill was off duty. I told the staff person of the price I was quoted. To make the long story short, they said that they would have to catchup with Bill to find out why he gave me such a low price. I was not sure that I was relaying the right price.

After some jousting with the sales boy and his trips to the manager the price was raised to over $300.00. I called the customer relations department and informed them of the above. Later the same day Gabriel, the store owner, called me and started with the shimmy talk. Gabe contended that Bill was giving me the price for a tuneup on a Honda Civic that I don't own. He went on about the price of 8 plugs and this is where he lost me, he asked me how do I imagine the $129.00 with parts and labor.

I told him that I'm not imagining anything, I'm just telling him what his employee told me. He started to talk about prices at dealers and others, as if he was talking to an employee so I just hung up on Gabe's word. I will never get service from another Big O Tire again. If you're in need of an honest auto services, don't go to this store.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2010

Staff was very friendly. Offered good tires. Salesman told me of promotion to get free oil changes when I purchased 4 tires. Salesman told me that oil changes are accepted by all Big-O tires and when I went to another store I was refused and told that service has to be done by selling store. Unfortunately, because of this one store I will never buy from any BIG O again. Too bad I just gave $1000 to Goodyear.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2010

I bought a new set of BF Goodrich Commercial T/A radials for my truck in a Mesa, AZ store. I lost my paperwork and thought nothing of it. I had two tires separated within one month from each other. One was replaced at a Phoenix dealer but when it came to the second one, it happened in Bullhead City. When I was at the Big O Tire store, I was greeted by Rick who told me that he was the manager and said it was my problem that the paperwork was lost. He tried to contact the store in Mesa, but they seemed to care less about finding anything to help warranty anything. My issue is that I have returned from Afghanistan in mid 2005 with a head wound that left me mentally challenged. But I am not a **--the term he described it with! He also said hat there was no district manager and it turned out that he was not the manager either. I paid good hard money for these tires and want them replaced.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2010

Big O Tires sold me the tire they wanted. I specified what I wanted. They put a different tire on, the replaced rim is very pitted, I didn't notice how bad it was till I washed it. I brought the vehicle back 3 times, and spent $2,257.87 and I settled for how it looks. I called them 6 times to discuss what they did, with what I really wanted. Discount never has ever treated me like this. I only wished I had my SUV towed to Discount.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2010

I took my car in for a 4-wheel alignment. They blew out my Kumho Solus 225 60 R 16, $100 tire on a test drive. They did not do the alignment and would give me no compensation for the blown tire. This tire looks like they hit something as there are 1" wide strips tear on the rim to the thread of the tire, plus the sidewall being totally ripped. I had to buy a new tire and I still need an alignment.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2010

Today, I called and made a 3:45PM appointment to have my front end aligned here because the tires had been bought here and alignments were covered as part of the purchase. I arrived exactly on time. After checking in with the store manager, I took a seat in the waiting room around the corner and waited there for one hour before coming back to the desk to inquire as to how much longer it would be. The manager acted confused and asked me what I was there to have done. I looked out the window and saw my car still sitting as I left it in the lot. Meanwhile, the manager was going out into the shop to find out what was going on with my ticket. He came back in smiling, apologizing and said that his guy got "hit hard" all of a sudden.

I knew this was a lie as three of the four bays were empty and the only car in the bays was one that had been there when I pulled up an hour ago. When I asked him if he had just forgotten that I was in his waiting room for the past hour, he didn't have an answer except to apologize again. I told him that I was leaving and would never buy tires there again (I had been a customer for over ten years). My complaints are: a) They don't honor appointments they make, b) the manager has no idea what was going on in his store, even on a slow day and c) the manager lied to my face rather than admit that he screwed up.

I used to recommend them to others, but I will be sure to now warn others about using them. Sometimes when businesses fail, they only need to look at themselves and not blame the economy or government. I own a service-oriented business myself and I find it hard to imagine these guys have so much work that they can afford to blow customers off like this. Now I know what the "O" means in Big O --**.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2010

On 10/10/09, I purchased four brand new "best" tires at Big O in South Bend. I faithfully had them rotated to maintain the warranty. On 08/21/10, the left rear tire blew out. I was told I must have been driving too rough. Not! I took it in to Big O in Indy to replace it. I also requested and paid for a full bumper to bumper check and oil change. The tire sensor in that tire was broke after the blow out, but BO stated it was not their fault. I left think all had been fixed.

But three weeks later, I took my Jeep to the local Jeep dealer to discover major damage totaling over $1300. The damage made my car so unsafe to drive. The service area would not initially test drive it.

The damage discovered could not have been missed if my car was checked at Big O as I was told it was. This incompetence thankfully did not lead to any harm to me, but it would have had I not felt things were not correct. Had anything happened that would have lead to a crash, injury or death, this terrible lack of judgment could have caused Big O huge sums of money in a lawsuit. Please reconsider using Big O. The jeep dealer also stated I needed an oil change. So that wasn't done either! The sticker from my previous oil change is still there as well. Extensive missed damage not caught! What else did they neglect to do?! Huge costly mistake to take my car to Big O!

Original review: Sept. 16, 2010

I have been a customer of Big O's for over 20 years. I went into the store at So Jordan to have my tires rotated and balanced. I knew I needed tires but since I was recently laid off from my job, I was trying to get as much wear out of the tires as possible plus I was waiting for your fall special of $100 off if you purchased 4 tires. They came out and talked to me about how I needed to replace the tires and I told that I needed to wait until October for the fall special so please rotate and balance. They said okay.

I have an inspection company that when I go do inspections I put several miles on my car. I come to find out they did not balance the tires at all so when I was on the freeway, my car would start shaking so I could not go any faster than about 62 mph. It was so bad that I decided that I better go get new tires as I could not drive it the way it was. I went to your store on 12300 So in Draper. I asked them what it would cost for the 4 Big O tires and when he quoted me, I could not pay that much for the tires. He worked with me to get a price I could pay. He also checked to see if the tires had been balanced recently when they were done and he told me that they had not been done.

While there was no damage or problems other than it took me longer to do my inspections, there was no problems. If your store on 12300 South had not treated me so well, which is what I was used to getting from Big O, you would have lost a customer. Now I know that I am only one person but you know the saying that if a customer is happy they will tell 20 people, if they are unhappy they will tell 40 people.

I will never go back to your store on Redwood Road. They are jerks and it could have been worse if something would have happened. From now on, my business will go to your store on 12300 Draper Utah. They did a great job. I guess this will only matter if it matters to the people or corporate people of Big O.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2010

I bought rims and tires for my vehicle, that came to over $1,300 for the set. I requested the 90-day same-as-cash, but they informed me that they had a program that fit this mode of financial request. Instead of getting a 90 day same as cash, it basically turned into a Citi account, which I wanted to avoid because of all the bad press. Well, it came true. They sent me a late bill, even when I tried to pay directly to the account at the Big O location.

One of the personnel stated that the manager was not there, and nobody else had the knowledge to enter the information. So I made a choice to wait a little while. The reason for me wanting the 90 days same as cash, was so that I would not have the burden of paying out all the cash, at one given time, even though I had the money in the bank. I wanted to allow a few more paydays to pass, so that I sustain my account balance at a certain level, that keeps me at peace with my finances.

The economic damage is that, I have a payment due, which I had already placed $300 down. That is a payment bigger than you would want or need, but my objective was that I did not want any interest payments or penalty, for no reason at all. This turned out to be the worst deal I have made in a while, because the account is at around 27% interest. If this had been discussed to me properly, I might have paid for it all, in one payment, or I would not have bought the tires, until I had saved all the money.

I hate the financial institution that we have now, because they are not doing good business for the public. Although, they indicate there is no interest, or charges on my bill, when I requested the payoff. It changed the amount from the current balance of $952.37 to a payoff of $969.37. That increase is a charge for something. So today, I sent my payment in full, so they can no longer affect my financial condition. I also cancelled my account with them.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2010

I had my brakes worked on and they welded the rotors on and I didn't find out 'til about a year later when trying to replace front rotors! I thought because they had asked me if I wanted them to do work that would cost over $200.00 or told me what they could do for $130.00 so I took the cheaper route. If only I would have known they had done that!

Original review: Aug. 31, 2010

I bought tires from Big O in Cathedral City CA. last year and I noticed my tires felt like they were feeling unbalanced while I was driving around 70 miles an hour so I went to see Dave, the manager of Big O, and he looked me up on his computer and said, "You are under the miles but we will have to re-balance the tires so we can find out if I might have another problems" (which I didn't). He said it would cost me $60 to speed balance the tires but when I pointed out that a tire was missing a weight, he said sometimes they only put one weight on one side but clearly there was a spot where a weight was missing. I could not see paying $60 for re-balancing when I am a repeat customer and that should have been covered on my tire purchase so I went to Discount Tires down the street and explained my dilemma with Big O.

They balanced my tires, rotated them and even checked my brakes for $10.99 each tire. Not only did I save almost $20, the manager at Discount Tires said if I would have bought the tires there they would not have charged me. You may think you just lost one customer but I have six adult children whom I'll be telling what happened to me and they won't go to Big O and I'm sure they'll tell their friends and so on. I truly hope you treat your next customer fair or they won't come back.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2010

I have been going to Big O for a few years now, and have been happy with you, until last week. On 10/10/09, I purchased 4 new, "best" tires, as well as, all new front brakes, for $896. I wanted the best tires so I would have no worries for a long time. I've been back to have them rotated as recommended, and also had oil changes, so I have been a great customer. The problem occurred on 08/22. I was simply driving onto a highway exit ramp, when my left rear tire blew out, and I almost went off the ramp.

When this happened, the tire sensor was broken, due to how hard I went to the side. The cost to replace that at Big O was $151.99. The mechanic said it was just a worn sensor, and broke on its own, and Big O was not responsible. Totally false. Jeep informed me that the sensor does not just break, and that the blow out definitely caused the damaged sensor. I have spent a great deal of money at Big O, and plan to return, so all I am requesting is reimbursement for the broken sensor from that blown out tire. I have receipts to verify my purchases and and regular maintenance with Big O. My 10 month old P215/60R17 BIG O Euro Tour T rear driver side tire, simply blew out causing a broken sensor in that tire, which cost me $151.99.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2010

The front brakes did not need any work and I bought the rotors and pads for the rear at Advance Auto Parts for $104.91 (that included the tax). As the rear pads cost me $22.99, it would appear Big O was charging 4 times the going price for the brake pads at $88.54. Perhaps this was an honest mistake. Unlikely, because the same mistake was made on the price of the front pads. I have the estimate.

If my wife had agreed to this estimate, she would have paid 4 times the going price for the parts (pads) and would have had unnecessary work performed on the front brakes. Because she did not, the only damage will be Big O losing all future possibility of working on our vehicles.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2010

Big O Tire store #5225 is very rude and have very bad service. On 8/13/2010, I went to this store for tire alignment and the technician took my car out for a test drive and came back with deep dent on driver side rear bumper. Bumper is also pushed in and has white mark on the dent. Total amount of damage they caused is around $700. I never had any damage on my rear bumper before I went to this Big O Tire.

They didn't even have manager there, so I talked to the owner's son but he didn't seem to listen or take care of the problem. Instead the technician was lying and blamed everything on me. They were very irresponsible and didn't even fix the damage that they caused. When I put my car into the shop I want my car to be repaired, not damaged. They are suppose to take good care of my car but instead they are taking advantage of the customer like this. I feel very disappointed and mad. How can they just damage someone else's property and lie like that. This is very unfair. I need someone who can help me in this situation.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2010

I had alignment service at BIG O tires #5225 and right after alignment. Big O tire technician went out for test drive. After the car came out from the shop, I found out that they made deep dent on the driver side rear bumper. I never had any damage on my rear bumper before I went to Big O Tire. So, I complained to the owner's son but he didn't seem to listen and care at all and the technician who did test driving my car, he was lying and blaming everything on me. They do not want to take responsibility to solve problem.

Big O tire is treating customer with bad service. They don't even greet or appreciate customer being in their store. They just stare at customer and not even willing to help out; what kind of customer service is that! I never had any damage on rear bumper before I went to Big O Tire. Aren't they supposed to repair rear bumper damage that they made on my car? I've been customer since before the new owner was there. How can they treat customer like this!?

Original review: Aug. 13, 2010

I took the truck in for rotate and balance. When picking the truck up, Rory ** said that one of the left rear wheel studs was missing when we brought it in. Rory mentioned since the stud was missing that it would cost $258.00 to fix. When my husband Corey **** confronted them about this issue, he was told the same story. But while talking, there was an employee that had overseen it and said that the mechanic had broken it when removing the tire. When Rory found this out he offered to make repairs but this is the third time this has happened when taking the truck in for rotate and balance. A decision was made to take the truck somewhere else to make repairs due to lack of confidence in their ability to make repair.

The repairs should have been done before the truck was released to the customer. Upon inspection at home, we found that the right front brake caliper mounting bracket had been removed. We had not been informed that this procedure had been performed or why. We looked at the wheel weights on wheels and we could not find where any had been moved, removed or added. The tires had been purchased on December 20, 2008. The mileage on the truck was 19,447. I took the truck in on June 20, 2009 and the mileage was 25,882. There were 2 right rear wheel studs that were broken. The truck was again taken in on August 12, 2010 and a left rear wheel stud was broken. I will not be doing business with Big O Tire business any time soon.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2010

Big-O has an advertisement on the internet stating "we will match the final shipped price on the brands we sell." It also stated "including internet pricing!".

So I brought in an ad from a internet competitor which stated a total price of $512.84 and "Free shipping". For a "final shipped price" of $512.84.

When Big-O saw the ad, they said they could honor the price, however, when all was said and done they decided to add a shipping charge to the cost of the tires, making Big-O's "final shipped price" much higher than the competitor's "final shipped price". This is clearly false advertising.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2010

Took car in for a tire rotation. Had them check everything out on car because I was going on vacation. When I got the car back, the engine warning light was on. The brakes were down almost to the metal. The tire pressure wasn't checked, had every tire a different pressure. The radiator was low on fluid. And the car tires was out of balance. Told Ray **, the ass. manager the next day and he said everything was checked. A lie. I want this posted so nobody else will depend on their service department. Thank you.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2010

I took my car to Big O Tires for repairs. They told me it needed a new timing chain. They charged me $889.00 for repairs. When I got the car back, I found that no repairs were done. I made a police report and confronted Big O Tires. They admitted fault and fraud.

I tried to work with them to fix the car. They replaced the fuel pump and lines. When I got the car back, the check engine light came on. They had emptied the radiator knowing that the car could blow up. They promised to refund my money but I have not received my money, nor did I get any kind of apology.

Original review: July 17, 2010

I purchased new tires on March 18th 2010. Today, on my way into town accompanied by my wife and two grandchildren, I was traveling 65 mph when my truck began to jerk severely to the right. A few seconds later, the wheel was violently wrenched from my grasp and I grabbed it again, barely missing a guard rail and going down into an embankment, where the truck finally lunged again and fell to a nasty leaning angle. When I got out, the whole sidewall had blown and the remainder of the tire was back inside the wheel well.

AAA was called to change it and I called the tire shop at the same time. They told me to come in and they would replace the tire. We limped into town and sat two hours waiting to be told that they didn't have enough tires to satisfy my needs. I had told them that I didn't want the other three tires on there if this was what I could expect from this brand of tire after they told me that it happens all the time. Frankly, I was petrified to drive it! Then they put three tires on and one of the old tires that I wanted replaced (and yes I have already paid the difference for them) and they told me that I had to make another trip back into town on the next day to get the last tire. When I asked who was paying for the fuel for the 60 mile trip, it was me.

I am out the difference of tires that I feel comfortable with of $173.00 plus a 60 mile trip for the second time! There's no tires to fit my truck even though I paid additional for road hazard and all the hassle. The guy was telling me that it was normal for those tires to blow out the sidewall. Later, he said that it was punctured but I was never allowed to see it. After being all over the road, it should have been more than punctured I assure you.

Original review: July 10, 2010

I took my car into this store to have it checked out for the trip cross country to NJ, and also to have the check engine light being on checked out. They rotated the tires, changed the oil and charged me a diagnostic fee. They reset the check engine light and told me it was a bad plug or wire on cylinder number one, and replaced the plugs which it needed anyway. About two days later, the light came on again and they checked it again for free.

They told me that my transmission shift solenoids were bad and wanted to refer me to a local transmission shop. I called Signature Lincoln Mercury and took it to them. They found the problem, a bad coil solenoid pack, bad fuel injector wire and bad gas cap. I spent an additional $750.00 on the car that Big O completely misdiagnosed. I had to put the tires on the car as well in Illinois at a Firestone shop. They showed me that one had hardened and was starting to separate. How can you put a car out on the road like this when you are a tire store supposedly?

Original review: July 5, 2010

I got four new tires from them with a 40,000 mile warranty. I have less than 25,000 miles on them and they are balled and worn out and they won't replace them because I can't prove I had them rotated every 5,000 miles.

Big O Tires Company Information