5.0/5 (98 ratings)

About Tech to Us

Tech to Us is a remote-access technical support company designed to meet the needs of clients at home and with small businesses. It offers four monthly or annual plans for a flat fee, which covers a variety of devices and operating systems, with a 100% money-back guarantee. Skilled technicians are based in Hartford, Connecticut, and are available every day of the week.

Pros

• For homes and small businesses
    • Services meet a broad range of needs
    • Money-back promise if issue isn’t fixed

Cons

• Other fees may apply for some services
    • Doesn’t operate all day long

Bottom Line

Tech to Us offers remote-access home and business technical support. Its money-back guarantee promises a refund if the issue isn’t resolved. Services outside its set plans could require additional fees.

Tech to Us Reviews

1 featured review
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Tech to Us?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Tech to Us?

Original review: Nov. 15, 2015

The option of getting an in-home technician for just about a day or two cost money and the issue seemed that it be could easily handled over the phone or over the net, so I decided to look into tech support. The guys from Tech to Us were just excellent and Jessica has a wonderful phone voice. I've been delighted by their service. In just 15 minutes, the issue is solved and everything is back and running. I went with the yearly plan and now I'm signed up for two more years. The support technicians will be dealing with multiple calls at once because their business just picked up a lot. I have recommended them to friends.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2015

I had crashed my computer and I don't know anything about it, so I was trying to find the best resource to fix it and to continue to keep it fixed. I decided to go with Tech to Us and they were well worth the money. They've put up with me trying to explain with nontechnical terms what's going on. I probably could have explained it faster if I would have known about it, but I don't. I've only had one problem with one technician and I already brought that to their attention. But overall, everybody's been great and my hats off to the whole group.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2015

I called up Tech To Us, talked to them, gave them permission to get into my computer to clean things up, and it's been a very satisfactory experience. In fact, I'm paid up through about April of '17. I'm on first-name basis with Mark and some of the others there. But they never gave me any indication, from my personal feeling, that they're trying to shortchange me because a lot of times it may take several hours for them to get in and clean things up. So then they'll say, "Hey, I'll call you back later." And so I go on and do my own business. And when they're through, they call and say, "We believe we got everything straightened up."

Another thing that they have done, as an example, is I get this notice that Microsoft 10 is available. I've talked to them about it, and they said, "Well, you know, if you're doing okay with 7, our recommendation, and this is right after it had come out, is that you got a year to do it free of charge so why not get on closer to that before you change over. If you're satisfied with what you got, let them get some of the bugs cleaned zero in the first year." So when we get a little closer, I'll call them and if they say it's time, then they said they would install it for me. So I've had very good experience with Tech To Us. I've recommended them to a number of people and I would certainly recommend them to anybody that was looking for tech service.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2015

Highly recommend Elijah. He was terrific and a pleasure to work with him and the co. tech to us. He called me back to see if everything was working from my previous call to him. No one has ever done that before and I highly recommend the co. as well.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2015

There's not too many tech-savvy people in our offices so we would run to Best Buy's Geek Squad and set an appointment but they could never see us when we needed help immediately. My husband owns an electronics company and doesn't have the temperament to sit still and just watch things, he gets frustrated. Someone suggested Tech to Us so we tried them and it was the best thing we ever did. Now, the person that’s in the office that knows how to deal with computers doesn’t have to stop working to help another person when there's an issue. They were even able to help my husband in the airport when he had an issue. He saw the icon on his laptop, called in, and they were able to resolve the problem. It’s a wonderful tool to have. All of us love Tech to Us because they've been a great help.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2015

I needed tech support. There was something wrong with my laptop and I couldn't get a hold of the router company and it was on a weekend so I called Tech to Us. They seemed to get on there and fixed the problem. They were good and I would recommend them.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2015

I had problems with my computer. I had the information for Tech to Us so I called them and and renewed with them. Their support technicians are friendly and knowledgeable. I like that Tech to Us is in the United States and totally English speaking. I would absolutely recommend them.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2015

I had a problem with my computer. Tech to Us took care of it. They always do. It's not the first time I used them. I have a contract with them and anytime I've had a problem, they've always been able to solve it and they're always able to answer my phone call quickly. I'm not put on hold for a very long time, if at all. The support technicians has been friendly and knowledgeable, too.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2015

I called the directory of service to get a hold of Microsoft tech support but they gave me Tech to Us' number by mistake. So far, my interactions with their techs have been very pleasurable. They seem to be knowledgeable in what they're doing. I am computer savvy but unaccustomed to Windows 10. They got my computer up and running, and they have been very professional with it. They were very friendly, treating me like a family and speaking on a very personable basis. They don't try to use a pompous attitude. They do not talk down and they put things on very simple terms for me to understand them.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2015

I used to have a tech support service that's gone out of business and I need some help with my computer from time to time. Tech to Us does the same thing the other folks did and the company was highly rated online. Their support technicians are wonderful. The first time their tech worked with me, he literally knocked himself out to help me. Though I only have a monthly plan with them because I have to watch my cash flow and I can't afford to put it on yearly - but if I could I would. I highly recommend them.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2015

I was never comfortable with the computer and had a number of problems that I couldn't figure out myself. So I ended up doing a yearly plan with Tech to Us. They helped my husband and me very much. Their people were lovely, patient and always got back to me when necessary. They were pleasant on the phone and absolutely helpful and friendly!

Original review: Oct. 22, 2015

I was having a problem connecting to my wireless at home, so I worked with my internet provider and they said that the problem was with my computer and that I needed to talk to somebody else besides them. I then tried to call Microsoft, and that's how I got the number for Tech to Us. I got their yearly plan and I've had a really good experience with them. I've only had them on the phone a couple of times, but they've been good, knowledgeable and helped me solve the problem. They were super, and I have recommended them.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2015

My mom and I were having problems with our computers. I called them to ask for tech support and they were helpful. I purchased their monthly tech support plan and got the cloud functions.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2015

Tech to Us has been able to help me almost every time I've called them, so it was nice.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2015

I had tech support before with an Indian company. They were good but it was just hard communicating. I was glad to find one that spoke English. Tech to Us is very good. It's a yearly plan and I enjoy the service. Their support technicians have been very pleasant. They're great.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2015

I run a business and needed support. I ended up going with the Tech To Us plan for two years at first, and then two months without and started up again. Their support technicians have always been great and I've never had any problem with those guys.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2015

I need help every now and then and I like to have somebody I can depend on so I got a monthly plan with Tech to Us. I've always been very pleased with them. Their support technicians are polite. I'm an older lady so I appreciate their kind of treatment. I had an interaction with their sales team once and although it was by mistake, they got me to where I needed to be. I would recommend them.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2015

I was having issues with my computer and all of them at Tech to Us have been awesome. I love them. I use it on a regular basis. I originally bought a yearly package but I've upgraded it and I'm now good through 2019.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2015

You don't need to go anywhere else other than Tech to Us.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2015

As I've gotten older, I have less ability to keep up with things and Tech to Us has been useful for me. I used to work with computers, but when I retired, I couldn't keep up with it every minute. The people from Tech to Us seem patient and usually stick with a problem until it gets fixed, which is good. Overall, I've been satisfied with them as they've been good. Also, because of price differentials, I bought a longer contract with them.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2015

I wasn’t familiar with the computer and needed someone to guide me through so I could learn. I was also having several technical problems that I needed help with so I got Tech to Us. I signed up for a yearly plan and have been with them for a long time. One of their support technicians, Jay, has been fantastic. He is the most knowledgeable of them all and I was enamored with him for a long time. He’s helped me out in a lot of issues and he’d work until my computer's fixed. He doesn’t give up or pass it off to somebody else and would stick with me until it’s midnight so I love him to death.

At times when I call in, I can't get him so I went with other techs and had real problems. They'd tell me how to do it and then would get off the phone. They're just lazy. Others didn't seem to have their heart in it as far as knowledge. They messed up something on one of my computers and never got it straightened out so I had to get a new one. There was a time that they didn’t help at all and I’ve had to hire another technical support group to come in and do the work. I've talked to Jay about it and asked him to help me so he did, and it's been a nice experience.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2015

I recommend Tech to Us to people all the time. When I had a major problem on my computer, I called Tech to Us and was very pleased with them. At that time, I had the one-time deal from them which would fix the problem until we came to the end of it. They got the whole thing straightened out and I was impressed to know that the people I spoke with were familiar with adaptive technology and speech programs. Then, they had Christmas special wherein I could get five tickets which was $20. But it was $100 worth of computer tech time and the tickets can be given as Christmas presents. So I gave Ron, who doesn't know how to do technical stuff on the computer, one and a couple other friends. They used the tickets and were very pleased. So, Ron asked me to sign him up with Tech to Us, and he also had a nice experience with them.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2015

I can't give Tech to Us enough praise. They were good. I retired six years ago and my secretary did all sorts of computer stuff for me. I could do some and have a computer and kept up with a lot of the stuff, and one of them was my stock portfolio. But as time went on, I didn't use my computer very much and then that got me in trouble. I forgot a lot of the computer stuff and so I have to call in for tech support to see if Tech to Us can help me build up something that didn't happen. I have not been disappointed in anything that I've gotten from them. They dug me out of my holes more than anything I've ever experienced. They are very motivated, want to help and they do help, and they keep at it until they get it right if there's ever any question in it. It's a pleasure working with Tech to Us.

Resolution response: Sept. 21, 2015

After speaking to Jay today, I am changing my review and giving Tech to Us 5 stars. They have helped me immensely in the past and Jay has ALWAYS been more than patient.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2015

I’m very slow on the computer, and Jay from Tech to Us was the most patient and wonderful person there is. I had a problem the other day deleting nasty things on my Facebook, since a friend sent a Happy New Year with a Jewish star and a ram’s horn, but it was from the Masons so it got me upset and I wanted those off. The following day, I got another one that was obscene, which made me terribly, terribly upset, so I called Tech to Us and I kept asking another rep some questions. He then said he was very busy and that he couldn’t do it all, and also told me that I need to block some of the people, so he did it. However, I’ve talked to this fellow with his phone before, and it’s just the same all the time.

I was angry with the experience the other day, plus the fact that I have to wait for a long time for somebody to help me. Every time I hit the icon for Tech to Us, it says I can’t go through, so I can’t get contact with a tech and I have to wait forever. Also, what should be a few minutes of explanation about the problem went into two hours the other day due to connection problems. I verbalized my plea to the other rep and he only said that it happens to some people, but it happens to me all the time, so I have to call them. I’m angry with the other rep, but I’d totally recommend Jay’s services to anyone.

Tech to Us response

Thank you for being responsive when we contacted you Rona. I am glad that we were able to clear up any misunderstandings. Thank you for being a valued customer!

Original review: Sept. 16, 2015

I don't have a mind for computers so it makes it easier for me to be able to call Tech to Us and have them figure things out that I can't. So far, I haven't had any problems with them at all. Their sales team had been very good and so have most of their technicians like Jay. I like him. There was a time when I was working on a project and couldn't remember the formatting of the program because I've been away from it for too long. In such cases when something doesn't turn out right, I call him. Overall, I've had good luck with Tech to Us and I would recommend them.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2015

Tech to Us is an absolute spectacular group of individuals. They're knowledgeable, pleasant and have good prices. I found them three years ago when I tried to call Microsoft regarding a problem and I have used them ever since. They're easy to speak to and understand. I work specifically with one of their technicians and he has always solved my problems. Being older, there's a lot I don't understand and he's very patient. I just can't say enough positives. I would recommend them to anybody in a heartbeat. In fact, I tell my family "If you ever, ever, ever have any questions or problems, you call Tech to Us." I like them and I’m enthusiastic.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2015

I appreciate having Tech to Us. I could call them to check things out or have steps I needed. It's been a good experience with them.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2015

I needed some work done on our computer so I called Tech to Us and they gave me a good deal for one shot. I did the $99 one-time fix and the technician was great. Then, I was in their database and I got an email that they're running a monthly special. I'm on a fixed income and I couldn't afford the whole $250 down. I thought the specials was awesome so I signed up for it. I do all the work with them. I call them when I have a problem and it doesn't matter when. Their technicians are outstanding, extremely knowledgeable, and helpful. Anybody I've ever talked to at Tech to Us has been great. However, there's one time when I left a note for them not to call me. That didn't work through well since I was awakened by a Supervisor but he was fantastic. He worked on my PC for 6 hours for two days. He worked hard on it, he was great.

The other thing I like about them is I got 30 years experience with computers but there's a lot of the new stuff I don't get very well, and for them to dial in and do what they gotta do is wonderful. I'd recommend them to everybody. Some people go for it; some people don't, but they're amazing. Whoever thought of it, kudos! It's awesome. The biggest and most important thing is its American support. I can understand what they say and that's what makes me feel they're trustworthy. Otherwise, I wouldn't let them in my PC. I'm going to keep doing the monthly special but the minute they lose their American support, I'm gone.

Tech to Us response

Hi Bob! Thanks for the kind words! For the record, we will NEVER move our support or techs outside of the US. Being fully US based is a major part of who we are as a company. So it looks like you're stuck with us forever! Thanks for being such a great customer.

Resolution response: Oct. 2, 2015

My laptop was malfunctioning again and I contacted Tech To Us. I asked for a supervisor because I was not pleased with the other worker's assistance. The supervisor's name was Jay. Jay worked on the problem for two days and the result was a functioning machine. He kept in contact with me every step of the way. He worked diligently and now my computer is on the mend. There is still a problem with my printer and Jay told me that he will fix it for me at my convenience. I am very pleased with this business now.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2015

I wanted Dell to help me with our computer issues then Tech to Us came up. I thought they were part of Dell but turns out that they aren't. They haven't helped me. They did address the issue on my Norton Security correctly, but now my cursor keeps going on the computer all over the place. They told me to not use the cursor and use the mouse instead; however I'm a writer, I have to use the cursor and the touch pad. Moreover, they worked on my husband's three Dell computers for days and they still haven't fixed the problem. They still charge for another month however. Tech to Us is convenient - simply get to them on the computer and they give you an icon with which they can be reached immediately. However it's a long wait on the phone - I was waiting for almost two days then the techs finally came on the next day at 11:00.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2015

The gentleman that helped me was patient, and took his time explaining things. I am not good with computers and get intimidated easily. He was an ace, and solved my problem. I have used their service for a year and have found them to be always helpful.

Tech to Us Company Information