5.0/5 (75 ratings)

About Tech to Us

Tech to Us is a remote-access technical support company designed to meet the needs of clients at home and with small businesses. It offers four monthly or annual plans for a flat fee, which covers a variety of devices and operating systems, with a 100% money-back guarantee. Skilled technicians are based in Hartford, Connecticut, and are available every day of the week.

Pros

• For homes and small businesses
    • Services meet a broad range of needs
    • Money-back promise if issue isn’t fixed

Cons

• Other fees may apply for some services
    • Doesn’t operate all day long

Bottom Line

Tech to Us offers remote-access home and business technical support. Its money-back guarantee promises a refund if the issue isn’t resolved. Services outside its set plans could require additional fees.

Tech to Us Reviews

1 featured review
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Tech to Us?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Tech to Us?

Original review: Jan. 8, 2016

Chris instructed me what to do and it worked. He was both professional and courteous; I would recommend your company highly.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2016

I got screwed over by a scam so I decided to look into tech support. I had Tech to Us for a whole year and they're very good, knowledgeable, friendly and excellent. They even knew about the scam that I got caught up in, cleaned up my computers and made them running very efficiently. They knew what they were doing, took their time with me, explained anything I wanted and answered all my questions. I'm happy I found them.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2015

It has always been a very good experience with Tech to Us. I decided to get tech support and stumbled upon them when something went wrong with my computer. They were easy to work with, efficient and patient. They were easy to understand because they speak English. They would explain what they were doing and let me know when they need to be interactive with me. Sometimes I would need to call them back when something didn't work but they would always get right on it. It's been money well spent in the 18 months I've been with them. I've recommended them to a couple of different people in the past. I'm very pleased with Tech to Us.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2015

My wife and I are not too computer literate and we're just learning so we decided to get some help from Tech to Us. They had courteous and knowledgeable sales team. They were all positive and helped us a lot. We got the basic computer plan - help with any type of question I had. I call them if I have a problem with the computer or if I don't know how to do something and they help me with it. One thing though, they're a little bit slow about answering the phone. They might not have enough people available to answer the phone, but it takes a long time sometimes before somebody will answer. But when they do, they help me a lot.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2015

Windows 10 is terrible, I didn’t like it, I want to return to Windows 8, and I couldn't do it myself so I got a hold of the guys in Tech to Us. I had used them once before, but this time they weren’t able to help me. We tried for 5 or 6 six days, trying to get things restored and they just couldn’t do it. They were personable enough and worked diligently on it, but just couldn’t do it. They really worked hard all day long for several days, trying everything they could think of but Windows 10 just won’t let you revert back to Windows 8.1 so I’m living with it. Nevertheless, I would use them again even though they weren’t able to help me out this time.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2015

I've always had a good experience with Tech to Us. Their sales team have all been good and the support technicians are all positive. I call whenever I have a question or problem concerning the computer whether it's technical or things like how to use the different things in Word. Overall, it's excellent service, worth the money and I suggest it to others.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2015

I had some online people pretending to be legal support who offered to fix my laptop out of the clear blue. I figured they were frauds. It came up that I needed to upgrade my laptop to Windows 10 and so I hit the key to do it. When I did it, it blacked out. I reached out to Tech to Us and their representative initially wanted $129. I didn’t have it so he arranged for payments and transferred me to someone that would help me. I was on hold in an exceptionally long time. It's December so it's very busy but Tech to Us has great people working for them. They were very polite, professional, and helpful. I did ask if I had sufficient protection to keep the problem from happening, and I was told that I did.

And then it seemed my laptop and tablet were repaired. However, a couple days later, my laptop just blacked out and was gone. I should have called Tech to Us the minute they were upgrading my Windows to 10 and stop it. I could have saved my computer. I am still experiencing some problems with my tablet but it could be me or something I did because I am inexperienced. I just put it all up until after Christmas where the whole process wouldn't be as long. I can't do anything about the laptop, but I'd get them to see what they can do with the tablet.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2015

I’m an older person who never grew up with computers, so I know very little about them. And I have ran across every kind of situation you can imagine—viruses, and simple programs that I couldn’t make to work. I ran across Tech to Us by accident. I don’t use them all that much, but they’ve been very good during the times that I have. There were some problems they couldn’t solve, though, that I eventually ended up bringing the computer to a shop, where I was told that it was fried and nothing can be done to save it. But apart from that, they’ve been good in most cases. All of my interactions with the technicians have been really good. I have also recommended Tech to Us to my brother because he was having computer troubles as well, and they helped him get his computer straightened out.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2015

I had problems with my computer that I couldn't resolve. There were things popping up that I never requested and things would happen that were done either by me pushing a certain button. I'm a novice on my computer so I decided to look for tech support. I found Tech to Us and was pleased to find them. They did a good job at cleaning up my computer problems. Their online technicians were knowledgeable, told me in a very clear language how to fix things and left some software on my computer to help monitor the situation.

One of the problems that I have is still unresolved. When I'm chatting on any format, like Match.com, the screen will suddenly blink and the letters J P A will appear on the chat box and I have no idea why that happens. Nevertheless, I would still recommend Tech to Us because they're conscientious about getting things right. I don't have to call them back because they call me regularly to make sure that the problems are resolved.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2015

My computer had an infection and was being slow so I decided to look for tech support from Tech to Us. Their sales team knew what they're doing and what they are supposed to do. Then, I talked to the technician and he took care of my business. They were able to fix my computer.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2015

My overall experience with Tech to Us is very good. I sought them because I couldn't make things work and I wasn't disappointed.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2015

A hacker got into my computer, and when I wouldn't pay the ransom they wanted, they shut my computer down. So I called my tech support and phone company and they recommended Tech to Us. I did the years’ worth of service from them on a monthly contract and I haven't had any problems since then. If a problem arises, I know they are there. They are courteous, very friendly and they make you feel comfortable by explaining step-by-step, what and how they were going to do it.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2015

Tech to Us is excellent and the people they hire are the best and I trust them completely when they're in my computer - no worries at all. They are very knowledgeable, patient and understanding, especially with clients like me who don't know anything about computers. I've had them for years and became part of my life. They have polite and pleasant sales team who tries to understand what I'm trying to tell them because sometimes I don't know what I'm looking at. They go into my computer and call me when it's done. Sometimes they're funny and nice people to speak and do business with. Jay and Jonathan have been helpful, reliable and I could understand them when I was having problems or just working for coverage for my computer. I would definitely recommend them.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2015

These guys are the best. Someone hacked into our computer or I got a virus even though we had virus protection. We did our research and we found the name Tech to Us. We called them and they spent more than 20 hours to solve the situation. They're very thorough and highly skilled. The staff is professional and always accessible. We were convinced to stay with them and sign on for their virus protection plan. I would recommend them to a friend.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2015

The option of getting an in-home technician for just about a day or two cost money and the issue seemed that it be could easily handled over the phone or over the net, so I decided to look into tech support. The guys from Tech to Us were just excellent and Jessica has a wonderful phone voice. I've been delighted by their service. In just 15 minutes, the issue is solved and everything is back and running. I went with the yearly plan and now I'm signed up for two more years. The support technicians will be dealing with multiple calls at once because their business just picked up a lot. I have recommended them to friends.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2015

I had crashed my computer and I don't know anything about it, so I was trying to find the best resource to fix it and to continue to keep it fixed. I decided to go with Tech to Us and they were well worth the money. They've put up with me trying to explain with nontechnical terms what's going on. I probably could have explained it faster if I would have known about it, but I don't. I've only had one problem with one technician and I already brought that to their attention. But overall, everybody's been great and my hats off to the whole group.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2015

I called up Tech To Us, talked to them, gave them permission to get into my computer to clean things up, and it's been a very satisfactory experience. In fact, I'm paid up through about April of '17. I'm on first-name basis with Mark and some of the others there. But they never gave me any indication, from my personal feeling, that they're trying to shortchange me because a lot of times it may take several hours for them to get in and clean things up. So then they'll say, "Hey, I'll call you back later." And so I go on and do my own business. And when they're through, they call and say, "We believe we got everything straightened up."

Another thing that they have done, as an example, is I get this notice that Microsoft 10 is available. I've talked to them about it, and they said, "Well, you know, if you're doing okay with 7, our recommendation, and this is right after it had come out, is that you got a year to do it free of charge so why not get on closer to that before you change over. If you're satisfied with what you got, let them get some of the bugs cleaned zero in the first year." So when we get a little closer, I'll call them and if they say it's time, then they said they would install it for me. So I've had very good experience with Tech To Us. I've recommended them to a number of people and I would certainly recommend them to anybody that was looking for tech service.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2015

Highly recommend Elijah. He was terrific and a pleasure to work with him and the co. tech to us. He called me back to see if everything was working from my previous call to him. No one has ever done that before and I highly recommend the co. as well.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2015

There's not too many tech-savvy people in our offices so we would run to Best Buy's Geek Squad and set an appointment but they could never see us when we needed help immediately. My husband owns an electronics company and doesn't have the temperament to sit still and just watch things, he gets frustrated. Someone suggested Tech to Us so we tried them and it was the best thing we ever did. Now, the person that’s in the office that knows how to deal with computers doesn’t have to stop working to help another person when there's an issue. They were even able to help my husband in the airport when he had an issue. He saw the icon on his laptop, called in, and they were able to resolve the problem. It’s a wonderful tool to have. All of us love Tech to Us because they've been a great help.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2015

I needed tech support. There was something wrong with my laptop and I couldn't get a hold of the router company and it was on a weekend so I called Tech to Us. They seemed to get on there and fixed the problem. They were good and I would recommend them.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2015

I had problems with my computer. I had the information for Tech to Us so I called them and and renewed with them. Their support technicians are friendly and knowledgeable. I like that Tech to Us is in the United States and totally English speaking. I would absolutely recommend them.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2015

I had a problem with my computer. Tech to Us took care of it. They always do. It's not the first time I used them. I have a contract with them and anytime I've had a problem, they've always been able to solve it and they're always able to answer my phone call quickly. I'm not put on hold for a very long time, if at all. The support technicians has been friendly and knowledgeable, too.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2015

I called the directory of service to get a hold of Microsoft tech support but they gave me Tech to Us' number by mistake. So far, my interactions with their techs have been very pleasurable. They seem to be knowledgeable in what they're doing. I am computer savvy but unaccustomed to Windows 10. They got my computer up and running, and they have been very professional with it. They were very friendly, treating me like a family and speaking on a very personable basis. They don't try to use a pompous attitude. They do not talk down and they put things on very simple terms for me to understand them.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2015

I used to have a tech support service that's gone out of business and I need some help with my computer from time to time. Tech to Us does the same thing the other folks did and the company was highly rated online. Their support technicians are wonderful. The first time their tech worked with me, he literally knocked himself out to help me. Though I only have a monthly plan with them because I have to watch my cash flow and I can't afford to put it on yearly - but if I could I would. I highly recommend them.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2015

I was never comfortable with the computer and had a number of problems that I couldn't figure out myself. So I ended up doing a yearly plan with Tech to Us. They helped my husband and me very much. Their people were lovely, patient and always got back to me when necessary. They were pleasant on the phone and absolutely helpful and friendly!

Original review: Oct. 22, 2015

I was having a problem connecting to my wireless at home, so I worked with my internet provider and they said that the problem was with my computer and that I needed to talk to somebody else besides them. I then tried to call Microsoft, and that's how I got the number for Tech to Us. I got their yearly plan and I've had a really good experience with them. I've only had them on the phone a couple of times, but they've been good, knowledgeable and helped me solve the problem. They were super, and I have recommended them.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2015

My mom and I were having problems with our computers. I called them to ask for tech support and they were helpful. I purchased their monthly tech support plan and got the cloud functions.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2015

Tech to Us has been able to help me almost every time I've called them, so it was nice.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2015

I had tech support before with an Indian company. They were good but it was just hard communicating. I was glad to find one that spoke English. Tech to Us is very good. It's a yearly plan and I enjoy the service. Their support technicians have been very pleasant. They're great.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2015

I run a business and needed support. I ended up going with the Tech To Us plan for two years at first, and then two months without and started up again. Their support technicians have always been great and I've never had any problem with those guys.

Tech to Us Company Information