5.0/5 (112 ratings)

About Tech to Us

Tech to Us is a remote-access technical support company designed to meet the needs of clients at home and with small businesses. It offers four monthly or annual plans for a flat fee, which covers a variety of devices and operating systems, with a 100% money-back guarantee. Skilled technicians are based in Hartford, Connecticut, and are available every day of the week.

Pros

• For homes and small businesses
    • Services meet a broad range of needs
    • Money-back promise if issue isn’t fixed

Cons

• Other fees may apply for some services
    • Doesn’t operate all day long

Bottom Line

Tech to Us offers remote-access home and business technical support. Its money-back guarantee promises a refund if the issue isn’t resolved. Services outside its set plans could require additional fees.

Tech to Us Reviews

1 featured review
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Tech to Us?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Tech to Us?

Original review: Feb. 12, 2016

Jonathan has helped me several time on different issues. He has been very helpful in finding the issues, and resetting my computer. He has been quick to make suggestions on good routines TO KEEP THE COMPUTER FUNCTIONING WELL. GREAT WORK!!

Original review: Feb. 10, 2016

The Geek Squad changed their whole policy without me knowing it. So my computer was without tech support. Then they raised their prices so I felt that I had to do something. I went online and started looking into tech support. I asked questions to several of them and I found Tech to Us to be a better deal than others. They were also very helpful and polite - they answered all my questions.

The only thing that I'm not happy with is that it doesn't cover my laptop and my PC but it's not a big deal. It's two programs for basically the price of one. I was also a little surprised when everything in the advertisement says “no hidden fee or no extra fees,” but I had to have an anti-virus protection and that’s an extra charge which I didn’t know. It’s probably my fault more than theirs. But other than that, it's okay. I’ve got a few days now before I have to decide if I’m gonna have to go with them and get it.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2016

Great experience over the phone! Very friendly employee, he did a great job selling it to me! I'll definitely be buying it some time soon! Thanks a lot. ;)

Original review: Feb. 6, 2016

I had something going on with my computer so I tried calling Microsoft's 800 number and was connected to Tech to Us. So far, my experience with their sales staff and support technicians has been good and they have been most helpful. I'm in my late 60s and computers don't come naturally to me. I had a situation before where I couldn't click out a certain window, reduce it or expand it. I called Tech to Us and they said, "Oh, if you put your cursor in the middle upper part of the page and click it, you can move the whole page," which is something I didn't know.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2016

I was hacked and was approached by some scammers on my computer, and I got nervous about it. I gave out my credit card information and when I checked, they put through $500. I called Microsoft and Tech to Us was their tech service. They told me that they were scammers and Tech to Us went through and got rid of everything out of my computer and protected it. Their technicians were very knowledgeable, courteous and knew immediately the problem I was having. It took them only 15 minutes to get a technician onto my computer because I was concerned about what was happening. They got right into it and I could see everything on the screen and what they were doing which I really appreciated throughout.

It took all day, but during which I would step into our office and watch for a few minutes. I saw that they used many different software programs to go through my computer and find all the viruses. It happened quickly, efficiently and proficiently. Both the gentlemen I dealt with when I first called in and then later the technician were helpful and answered all my questions. The whole experience was good and I'm happy now.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2016

Super helpful service. Response time is quick and problem solving is superior. Thank you.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2016

Last fall, I was having a problem on the computer and was trying to get the correct number for my tech support, and Tech to Us prompted up on the screen. I have no idea why but I let them talk to me and I told them what the problem was. They fixed the problem very well, so I took the Tech Support Program and was very impressed. Then I recently changed computers and was having a little problem transferring materials from my desktop to my new laptop. I called Tech to Us and got Jay and he was absolutely fabulous because my girlfriend and I were working on this and he stuck with us and got it all done. During the conversation he asked me about my antivirus. I told him what I was using, we discussed it and he offered me a good beginners price. I told him I’ll think about it, but I was so impressed with his courtesy and efficiency. When my McAfee was going to be expiring, I called and took Tech antivirus.

From a courtesy point of view, English-speaking that you can understand, patience, knowing what they’re doing and getting it done, Tech to Us was excellent. I knew what they were doing all the time because Jay was telling me. In so many companies, I get people from foreign countries and they know what they’re doing, they speak English but I can’t understand them. That gets my frustration up because I'm already upset. I ran a business on my computer and when it comes to the nuts and bolts of it, I need help. And when I can’t understand the person and they’re practically screaming to make me understand, it’s just awful because I become a nervous wreck. With Tech, I’m not nervous. I don’t feel stupid with them and I feel they’re taking care of the problem. I hope they keep up the service because since last fall to this time, it's even more professional. If they keep that standard up, I would never hesitate to recommend them.

Tech to Us response

Hi Shirley.

Thank you so much for the kind words. We are thrilled to hear that you are happy with our service and continue to get value out of it time and time again.

One thing that we do want to correct is that you mentioned the phone number for us popped up on your screen. That would definitely not have happened. We do not utilize tactics such as that since they are widely considered a scam - and justifiably so. We stress this because many other so called tech support providers utilize this tactic as a means to drive them business when there is actually no problem or issue on the customer's computer. This is currently a popular scam by overseas tech support providers.

You more than likely found us online or in some directory listing us as third party support for whatever company you may have been looking for. Maybe even in response to that pop-up and wondering what it was. We get that a lot.

Thank you for taking the time to review us. We appreciate your business!

Original review: Jan. 22, 2016

Tech to Us is a wonderful company. Always ready to offer first-rate information and technical assistance and to resolve software issues and computer crashes.

I cannot recommend the technical expertise of this company more highly. Bottom line: they are worth their weight in gold!

Original review: Jan. 21, 2016

I have a couple of computers that I frequently use and I wanted tech support because I couldn’t figure out how to do something that I need to be done. It had to do with software. I researched online and Tech to Us came up as number one for tech support so I went with them. The tech advisors explained everything then took over and handled their business. It was a pretty good experience.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2016

I was having problems with other supports that I got online, so I was looking for something new. When I tried Tech to Us, I was satisfied. One of the really good things with them is that I could understand what they were saying rather than dealing with somebody from far away, and that was helpful. They were thorough in looking at my problem, came up with solutions and left me running an old computer in a satisfactory way. Their customer service is really good, friendly, and patient. I've gone back to them several times and each time has been a good experience.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2016

I have been getting unwanted pop-ups on my screen and Tech to Us always knows what to do. They give me great instructions and resolve all my issues. I don't know what I would do without them!

Original review: Jan. 14, 2016

I had a lot of electronics like a computer and printer. I had a problem with it one time so I had to call Tech to Us to tell me how to get it fixed. Their support technicians were good and friendly. They had to get remote control access to my computer and fixed everything for me. I didn't have to do anything.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2016

Tech to Us has given me more support and knowledge needed. More than I attended at logistical college in the military. TECH TO US IS THE BEST ALL AROUND.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2016

I had an excellent experience with Tech to Us! I wrote the president of the company an email letting him know as much and in particular, singling out one individual who has been particularly helpful, committed, and very solution-oriented - a real problem solver - and I had some real problems. I would certainly recommend them and have recommended them to others. It's been a very fruitful relationship.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2016

I'm not very computer savvy. Whenever I've had a problem, Tech to Us has taken care of it. Once there were two or three fellows working on the same problem but they never gave up and always straightened out what I've managed to mess up. My husband fouled up his computer at one point, even worse than I had ever done. It took a few days for Tech to Us to work on it because my husband couldn't remember his password. They stuck with him throughout and it was amazing because it took a long time. They managed in the end so his computer is now working fine as well as mine. So we're very pleased with our service from Tech to Us. Their technicians are very friendly, personable, patient and understanding so we don't feel ridiculous to call them especially when we've done something silly. They're very easy to work with. I'd recommend them and I’m sure my husband would too.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2016

Chris instructed me what to do and it worked. He was both professional and courteous; I would recommend your company highly.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2016

I got screwed over by a scam so I decided to look into tech support. I had Tech to Us for a whole year and they're very good, knowledgeable, friendly and excellent. They even knew about the scam that I got caught up in, cleaned up my computers and made them running very efficiently. They knew what they were doing, took their time with me, explained anything I wanted and answered all my questions. I'm happy I found them.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2015

It has always been a very good experience with Tech to Us. I decided to get tech support and stumbled upon them when something went wrong with my computer. They were easy to work with, efficient and patient. They were easy to understand because they speak English. They would explain what they were doing and let me know when they need to be interactive with me. Sometimes I would need to call them back when something didn't work but they would always get right on it. It's been money well spent in the 18 months I've been with them. I've recommended them to a couple of different people in the past. I'm very pleased with Tech to Us.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2015

My wife and I are not too computer literate and we're just learning so we decided to get some help from Tech to Us. They had courteous and knowledgeable sales team. They were all positive and helped us a lot. We got the basic computer plan - help with any type of question I had. I call them if I have a problem with the computer or if I don't know how to do something and they help me with it. One thing though, they're a little bit slow about answering the phone. They might not have enough people available to answer the phone, but it takes a long time sometimes before somebody will answer. But when they do, they help me a lot.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2015

Windows 10 is terrible, I didn’t like it, I want to return to Windows 8, and I couldn't do it myself so I got a hold of the guys in Tech to Us. I had used them once before, but this time they weren’t able to help me. We tried for 5 or 6 six days, trying to get things restored and they just couldn’t do it. They were personable enough and worked diligently on it, but just couldn’t do it. They really worked hard all day long for several days, trying everything they could think of but Windows 10 just won’t let you revert back to Windows 8.1 so I’m living with it. Nevertheless, I would use them again even though they weren’t able to help me out this time.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2015

I've always had a good experience with Tech to Us. Their sales team have all been good and the support technicians are all positive. I call whenever I have a question or problem concerning the computer whether it's technical or things like how to use the different things in Word. Overall, it's excellent service, worth the money and I suggest it to others.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2015

I had some online people pretending to be legal support who offered to fix my laptop out of the clear blue. I figured they were frauds. It came up that I needed to upgrade my laptop to Windows 10 and so I hit the key to do it. When I did it, it blacked out. I reached out to Tech to Us and their representative initially wanted $129. I didn’t have it so he arranged for payments and transferred me to someone that would help me. I was on hold in an exceptionally long time. It's December so it's very busy but Tech to Us has great people working for them. They were very polite, professional, and helpful. I did ask if I had sufficient protection to keep the problem from happening, and I was told that I did.

And then it seemed my laptop and tablet were repaired. However, a couple days later, my laptop just blacked out and was gone. I should have called Tech to Us the minute they were upgrading my Windows to 10 and stop it. I could have saved my computer. I am still experiencing some problems with my tablet but it could be me or something I did because I am inexperienced. I just put it all up until after Christmas where the whole process wouldn't be as long. I can't do anything about the laptop, but I'd get them to see what they can do with the tablet.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2015

I’m an older person who never grew up with computers, so I know very little about them. And I have ran across every kind of situation you can imagine—viruses, and simple programs that I couldn’t make to work. I ran across Tech to Us by accident. I don’t use them all that much, but they’ve been very good during the times that I have. There were some problems they couldn’t solve, though, that I eventually ended up bringing the computer to a shop, where I was told that it was fried and nothing can be done to save it. But apart from that, they’ve been good in most cases. All of my interactions with the technicians have been really good. I have also recommended Tech to Us to my brother because he was having computer troubles as well, and they helped him get his computer straightened out.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2015

I had problems with my computer that I couldn't resolve. There were things popping up that I never requested and things would happen that were done either by me pushing a certain button. I'm a novice on my computer so I decided to look for tech support. I found Tech to Us and was pleased to find them. They did a good job at cleaning up my computer problems. Their online technicians were knowledgeable, told me in a very clear language how to fix things and left some software on my computer to help monitor the situation.

One of the problems that I have is still unresolved. When I'm chatting on any format, like Match.com, the screen will suddenly blink and the letters J P A will appear on the chat box and I have no idea why that happens. Nevertheless, I would still recommend Tech to Us because they're conscientious about getting things right. I don't have to call them back because they call me regularly to make sure that the problems are resolved.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2015

My computer had an infection and was being slow so I decided to look for tech support from Tech to Us. Their sales team knew what they're doing and what they are supposed to do. Then, I talked to the technician and he took care of my business. They were able to fix my computer.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2015

My overall experience with Tech to Us is very good. I sought them because I couldn't make things work and I wasn't disappointed.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2015

A hacker got into my computer, and when I wouldn't pay the ransom they wanted, they shut my computer down. So I called my tech support and phone company and they recommended Tech to Us. I did the years’ worth of service from them on a monthly contract and I haven't had any problems since then. If a problem arises, I know they are there. They are courteous, very friendly and they make you feel comfortable by explaining step-by-step, what and how they were going to do it.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2015

Tech to Us is excellent and the people they hire are the best and I trust them completely when they're in my computer - no worries at all. They are very knowledgeable, patient and understanding, especially with clients like me who don't know anything about computers. I've had them for years and became part of my life. They have polite and pleasant sales team who tries to understand what I'm trying to tell them because sometimes I don't know what I'm looking at. They go into my computer and call me when it's done. Sometimes they're funny and nice people to speak and do business with. Jay and Jonathan have been helpful, reliable and I could understand them when I was having problems or just working for coverage for my computer. I would definitely recommend them.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2015

These guys are the best. Someone hacked into our computer or I got a virus even though we had virus protection. We did our research and we found the name Tech to Us. We called them and they spent more than 20 hours to solve the situation. They're very thorough and highly skilled. The staff is professional and always accessible. We were convinced to stay with them and sign on for their virus protection plan. I would recommend them to a friend.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2015

The option of getting an in-home technician for just about a day or two cost money and the issue seemed that it be could easily handled over the phone or over the net, so I decided to look into tech support. The guys from Tech to Us were just excellent and Jessica has a wonderful phone voice. I've been delighted by their service. In just 15 minutes, the issue is solved and everything is back and running. I went with the yearly plan and now I'm signed up for two more years. The support technicians will be dealing with multiple calls at once because their business just picked up a lot. I have recommended them to friends.

Tech to Us Company Information