5.0/5 (64 ratings)

About Tech to Us

Tech to Us is a remote-access technical support company designed to meet the needs of clients at home and with small businesses. It offers four monthly or annual plans for a flat fee, which covers a variety of devices and operating systems, with a 100% money-back guarantee. Skilled technicians are based in Hartford, Connecticut, and are available every day of the week.

Pros

• For homes and small businesses
    • Services meet a broad range of needs
    • Money-back promise if issue isn’t fixed

Cons

• Other fees may apply for some services
    • Doesn’t operate all day long

Bottom Line

Tech to Us offers remote-access home and business technical support. Its money-back guarantee promises a refund if the issue isn’t resolved. Services outside its set plans could require additional fees.

Tech to Us Reviews

1 featured review
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Tech to Us?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Tech to Us?

Original review: June 7, 2016

I’m satisfied with Tech to Us. They're more than helpful. They seem to be very cooperative, friendly, and they don’t make me feel stupid. They understand that I’m 82 years old and I’m not the sharpest person in the world when it comes to computers. They don’t make me feel like they’re doing me a favor. I’m very pleased with them and would recommend them.

Original review: June 3, 2016

It took three days for Tech to Us to solve our problem. Everybody was patient and they did one heck of a job. It’s nice to know that somebody is out there that I can rely on with no excuses. I worked with three different techs at different hours and they were all fabulous.

Original review: May 31, 2016

I’m learning all I can about the computer, and I’m not really with it yet. So I’ve called Tech to Us a number of times and they've been very nice. The sales team was knowledgeable and couldn’t have been nicer. Once I get to the tech people, I couldn’t be happier. They’ve always been very pleasant, respectful and always have helped me. I have no objection except for sometimes I could be on hold for an hour. I tried to figure out when I can call that it wouldn’t be so busy. Sometimes I’ve had luck and get in early, other times I finally hung up and thought I’ll try again.

Original review: May 30, 2016

My husband has had several occasions to call Tech to Us and each time, the tech he worked with has been the most helpful. So it’s been a very positive experience and my husband has been very pleased.

Original review: May 26, 2016

Tech to Us is excellent and we’re really pleased with them. They have been a lifesaver to us. My daughter gave me her old Mac which I like very much, but about two weeks ago, I got a message that my computer had been sent a virus. It crashed, and there were two phone numbers in there that we were supposed to call. My husband got on the phone to call those numbers but I told him that I think it's a scam and advised him not to give them any information. The word "Microsoft" was on the screen so I called 1-800-Microsoft to see if I could get someone local and we ended up with Tech to Us. And indeed, the number was a scam. I had a virus less than a week later and it came in a different way. The first time was with an e-mail. The second time was voice which yelled, “Don’t turn off your computer! It’s been compromised.” I noticed the same phone number we had before so I called again and again, Tech To Us were able to fix it.

I’ve had other issues with my computer because of the fact that it’s old and that I’m not super good at computers, and they’ve been able to help me every time. Their reps have been kind, patient, wonderful and really know what they’re doing. I mentioned them to my sister because my brother-in-law had been trying to get his computer e-mail fixed for weeks. And just before I hung up with my sister, I realized that they could help them so I gave them the number and they helped my brother-in-law. They've helped them tremendously and they are so happy.

We're certainly getting our money’s worth because we’re always having issues. Their technicians were super. I’m a teacher and I have a school website as well as AOL and I’ve had so many problems with my teaching website. It’s got to work because I’ve got to communicate with families and the principal. So Tech to Us has been so helpful. I’m so glad I found them. I’m not super computer savvy but now I don’t have to bother my children nor my husband. I can call them. So far, it’s been wonderful. However, the only thing that is negative is the long wait but they’re still short compared to other places. It would be great though if they call back and have someone help them right away instead of waiting 20 minutes.

Original review: May 22, 2016

I first called McAfee but they didn't have a phone. Tech to Us then told me that they sell some other products and could help me if I need help, so I went on along with them. I took out the plan where they will help me with my computer if I have any problem with it. The sales team explained everything to me before I signed up with them. They also explained detail to detail like a professional would. They were polite and courteous.

Original review: May 15, 2016

I have the annual plan with Tech To Us and my experience with them has been excellent for quite a few years. I won’t last long if I’m unhappy. The sales team was very qualified and they’ve been able to deal with a number of issues that I had. The problem with tech support is I can't get through on the phone. They sent me a tablet because I renewed my service, and I need some help in utilizing it. The lines are too busy and last time I called, I was on hold for 20 minutes. But that's my only complaint. I’m an 83-year-old computer-phobic character and Tech To Us is exactly what I need.

Tech to Us response

Hi Bob. Thank you very much for the kind words. I'm sorry to hear about the hold times, though. Average hold times overall are actual quite low, but the volume does spike randomly and cause the occasional longer than desired wait time. Rest assured we are working on that. Always feel free to connect to a tech immediately by clicking the Tech to Us icon on your desktop. Thank you again for feedback!

Original review: May 11, 2016

I had a problem with my computer so I looked into tech support. I have nothing but praise for the customer service of Tech to Us. They've been very good. I've had only one experience with their sales team and that was when we signed up again last year, and they were very nice. I'm gonna sign with them again and I have recommended them to friends.

Original review: May 8, 2016

My computer got a virus. I had a different team, but I couldn't get through their number. I found Tech to Us and got their monthly plan. Their support team is a great group. They're really nice, very personable, and very polite. They're very patient because I'm really not techie at all. They also had a great sense of humor and a class act. I am calling a supervisor today and tell them how wonderful these guys are. It's been an excellent experience with Tech to Us - it's so educational and pleasant. I’m learning and I'm very satisfied.

Original review: May 6, 2016

This is to let you know how please I am with one of your technicians, named Henshaw, who has been so understanding to this old man (89), and patient because I have difficulties hearing and seeing. He also is very knowledgeable. As I always say, a company is as good as their personnel. I am happy with your services also.

Original review: May 5, 2016

I am very impressed with their service. They're excellent and reliable overall. I went with their $20 monthly service package and if I'm having any discussions about computers, and if someone has a PC, I tell them that Tech to Us has a good service and can get them out of a bind. We actually had them cleaning up the computer the other day and the guy did a really good job. I sat there and watched what he was doing and the tools he was running.

My experience with Tech to Us consisted of mostly good things. Their technicians who are helping me sound very knowledgeable. I'm amazed that they hire such talented people. They seem to know what they're doing with the way they speak and their terminology. A couple of times, they've got me out of jams. When I got a Trojan horse one time that was shutting down my computer, the guy tried everything and finally got my computer back up to a T. When you have an experience like that, it makes you a loyal customer from then on.

There's only one problem that I'm disturbed about -- the Malwarebytes that keeps popping up, slowly rises from the bottom and then descends -- it's aggravating. I switched over from Norton Anti-Virus to the virus protector from Tech to Us, and I hope that this thing that keeps rising up from the bottom of the screen is not associated with that.

Original review: May 4, 2016

I had a great experience with Tech to Us. I'm not good at computer or fixing it when it goes haywire. Once I got Tech to Us' number, I knew I was never going to leave the service because it's great. Their people are phenomenal and absolutely wonderful to deal with. They tell me what to do so that they can get on my computer. So I let them take over it, fix everything, then they tell me to call them back if I have other problems.

I go with the annual plan. This year when it came up around, although I didn't have the money to do it, I did it anyway because I have to have it now. Every time something goes wrong, I just call Tech to Us and they fix everything. If I were left to my own accord, I would be long gone. I like everything about Tech to Us, and I'd recommend it to anybody. It's the most amazing thing in the world.

Original review: May 1, 2016

I like Tech to Us. They saved my life. I had gotten ripped off by Microsoft and a couple of other companies, but when I called them, they addressed my concerns without even knowing it. I went with them because the plan was only $29.95 a month and that was very reasonable. The techs have been great and they answered all my questions. I only ran into one guy who gave me the runaround but I got somebody to help me get things straightened out. I have nothing but kudos to say to them because they are wonderful. No matter how long it takes, they always inform me that it'll take a while and that they'll give me a call when they're done working on my computer. They're very polite and professional.

Original review: April 29, 2016

The Tech to Us sales team were terrific. I got a one year plan for my printer. Each time I've called, they've solved my problems. Sometimes it takes a little time and sometimes it's a little faster but it gets done and I'm very happy. Their support technicians have been great too. Tech to Us were respectful, nice and worked very hard for me. Sometimes it's a little difficult to figure something out with these printers and computers, and they stayed with me until we figured it out. I appreciate that.

Original review: April 26, 2016

I looked for a new tech support because the provider I had went out of business, and I came across Tech to Us on the internet. The technicians were courteous and very informative. I've probably called them six times since I've had them. Every time I call, it's very easy to get a hold of them and for them to take over my computer and take care of the issues. I'm 100% very happy with them at this point. I have no complaints but just praise for Tech to Us.

Original review: April 23, 2016

My computer was down. I got a 2-year plan with Tech to Us and they've been great. They are a good company and I have had no problems with their tech support. The 2-year plan ran out a little while ago and I have a year's plan now.

Original review: April 22, 2016

I was using Geek Squad and I wasn't too pleased with them. There always were some issues here and there, and it takes forever with them. So I searched out on the internet and was able to find Tech to Us. I've been pleased ever since. A guy there named Brett, who I'm not sure if he's part of a sales team or I.T. department, and the guy who initially did the sale were great.

The guy who got my computer fixed was awesome. I called for something and Tech to Us got right on it. It took them a little while, but overall I was happy because they got my computer and stuff back up and running with no problem. They even offered to help with the information on it that I lost. I was also able to purchase a storage stuff with them. Tech to Us is the best company I've seen. They get the job done in a short amount of time and I've seen it in a long time. I was just hoping that I could add another person to be able to call in in case I'm not available, who can approve getting some work done on one of the computers because I purchased subscription for my office. Other than this, I'm very satisfied and Tech to Us is worth spending money.

Original review: April 20, 2016

I have a monthly plan with Tech to Us and I really appreciate the kindness and respect that the techs give when I talk to them. They are patient and knowledgeable. They are really a wonder, and I felt that they're pretty good guys.

Original review: April 19, 2016

We’re not very techie and we're having a big problem in the middle of a big project. We don’t want to lose anything and we don’t know what to do. We were on the phone with Chinese speaking people that were trying to talk my husband through it, and I felt really uncomfortable about that. Also, the price kept going up the longer they were talking. While my husband was on the phone with them, I said, “How do we know you are who you say you are?” Because that’s how I was feeling with the Chinese speaking people. The fellow on the phone gave me the Better Business Bureau's phone number and a way to ID his company. It was wonderful! They were very patient with me because I was being suspicious. He gave me a way to search him out and he stayed on the phone with my husband while I did. I was very satisfied afterwards, so he went through and figured everything out with my husband.

Yesterday, I had a pretty important question because I’m working on a paper. I didn’t know what to do and I didn’t want to lose it. I tried to call them, waited and it didn’t happen. I was nervous. I don’t know computer enough to know when something’s going to disappear. Everybody says you can’t hurt anything but if you can’t find it, it’s hurt. I finally dealt with the two of Tech to Us technicians and they were wonderful as if they were my children. They were very patient, kind and wonderful. They didn’t make me feel rushed and didn’t make me feel stupid. I loved working with them. I would definitely recommend Tech to Us. On the other hand, they need more phone coverage or somebody answers to give you an idea what the wait would be. They could also offer a call back because I've been waiting and waiting, and don't know what for.

Hi Darle,

Thank you for the great feedback. We are happy to hear that we are doing such a good job overall. To your point about the occasional holds, we are working to minimize that. Don't forget you can always connect to us with our icon to get a technician immediately. If you prefer not to chat via that icon, then the tech can call you as soon as they are available to do so. This eliminates any delays. Of course, a direct phone call is always an option as well though; whichever you prefer is fine with us. Thank you again!

Original review: April 17, 2016

We got our first computer about eight years ago. I knew that we could not fix things ourselves and that we would most likely need help. We've used Tech to Us ever since we got our first computer. We signed up online and have a yearly plan with them. Their technicians have always been very friendly and courteous. They were able to resolve any problems that we threw at them and with setting up our computers. I would recommend Tech to Us to anybody.

Original review: April 16, 2016

I had some issues on my computer. I was hoping to find someone who would know more about it than I would, someone who would not be always trying to upsell me on something else. I've had previous experiences with some other organizations that offered me a remote control repair operation type of scenario. When they got on the computer, they managed to make some changes. But everything that they did was an additional charge and they were always trying to upsell me on another package and another program. That was only good for a few weeks or months. I was very disenchanted with a lot of what I saw. I saw a report from some very reliable sources that indicated that Tech to Us was clear and above reproach in these matters, that they were very reliable.

I checked Google to look for recommendations and Tech to Us was close to the top of the list. I rely heavily on good recommendations, what's being recommended and why. That's the reason why I moved in that direction. The nice thing about it was I started out with something that was affordable and that was monthly. They gave me 30 days to upconvert it to a yearly, which brought the cost down from $30 a month to $25 a month. Within those 30 days, I opted for a yearly program. My experience so far has been great. I'm very pleased.

Original review: April 14, 2016

I connected with Tech to Us and they were able to satisfy my questions for my problems. I'm so satisfied with them. I have the yearly plan and I've been a client for maybe five years.

Original review: April 12, 2016

When I was having a very serious problem with my computer, I dialed information and got Tech to Us' phone number. The first person I talked to was very reassuring that it could be fixed, explained what the program was and gave me an option which I may want to take advantage of, and got me connected to a technical support person. The problem I was having had to do with a group of people from the Indian subcontinent who called and said that they were from Microsoft and that I had a virus and infection and they were calling to help me address it.

The technical support person said there were ways to address it and I didn't need to worry. He asked questions about what happened and how far I had gone with the person when I turned off the computer. We then set up a link where he could come into my computer. It was about an hour and forty-five minute process to go through everything and make sure that my system was okay. They got the issue resolved within the day.

Original review: April 10, 2016

I had a virus on my computer. Tech to Us support technicians helped me get rid of the virus and I had excellent interactions with them. I got the monthly plan and the sales team that helped me were very knowledgeable.

Original review: April 8, 2016

I got into some malware then I pressed on the wrong thing and came up with needing help, and Tech to Us came up when I called the number. I've been with Tech to Us for a little over a year now on a monthly plan and have been really happy with them. It feels like I've found the company that works well and they were very friendly, efficient, polite and patient with me.

Tech to Us response

Hi Threasa, thanks for the kinds words and the review. We did just want to clarify something that is very important. Our number would not have "popped up" on your computer. What you had (based on our notes of your issue) was a common malware scam that pops up and says there are various issues on your computer and has a number to call. You ended up finding us by calling around to find out what this pop-up was, but it was not by calling the number that popped up from the malware. Thank you again for the review!

Original review: April 6, 2016

I've been with Tech to Us for seven years and I’ve gotten close to Mark and John and they always come through for me. It’s a monthly plan and I'm happy with that.

Original review: April 2, 2016

Every time I call, everything is always handled... I feel so confident and safe having you all. Brett has really fixed everything so quickly and made my experience an enjoyable one!!! Thank you all... Antoinne, Brett and everyone.

Original review: April 1, 2016

I heard about Tech to Us on Good Morning America one morning. They were talking about support teams and they mentioned their company. And because it was mentioned on TV, I felt it was credible, so I called and joined them. My interaction with their salesman was extremely good. He was very thorough and he explained all the products and services but mostly I was interested in the online tech support. I got their yearly plan but I wasn’t aware that their support technicians can come out to my home. I was only aware of their online tech service. The experience has been good so far. I’ve had other tech companies that I’ve used in the past and it started to get to a point where they're hard to get in touch with. It hasn’t been the case with Tech to Us. One of them went out of business, so I got stuck and I was a little bit reluctant to go back in.

But I believe that this company has done the service pretty well. They don’t advertise the 24/7 though. Only 9 to 5 or 9 to 7, Monday through Friday and certain hours on Saturday. It wasn’t explained to me that way. However, if I just go to the icon on a Sunday, they'd pick up and take care of it remotely. But if I needed help on a day that they did it, I’d like to know what the actual course of action is. However, their service was a little more expensive than everybody else but in the long run I thought of the savings because they helped me with my mobile devices and all of my personal and business computers too. As long as it was made, they didn’t care whose computer are those. So far, they had met my needs and they pick up in a reasonable amount of time.

Hi Michael,

Thanks for the review!

Our hours of operation are actually:
    Monday - Friday, 9 AM - 10 PM eastern

Saturday & Sunday 9 AM - 6 PM eastern

We are available by phone or online during those times.

I am sorry if this wasn't made totally clear up front. We have now added this information to our FAQ on our website to ensure that all customers can see it.

Thank you again!

Original review: March 31, 2016

I thank Mark for everything he did for me. He is the best and fast, the whole company is.

Original review: March 28, 2016

I had a phone call that said there was a virus put on my computer and they wanted to fix it. I wouldn’t talk to the guy or give them any information, so that’s when I called Tech to Us. Their technician was very helpful and explained everything he was doing. He went into the computer and took out whatever they tried to hack into and ran a full scan. He also did a follow-up. Tech to Us is a great support system. They’re good to have for people who are not so tech-savvy. I'm very satisfied with them.

Tech to Us Company Information