5.0/5 (155 ratings)

About Tech to Us

Tech to Us is a remote-access technical support company designed to meet the needs of clients at home and with small businesses. It offers four monthly or annual plans for a flat fee, which covers a variety of devices and operating systems, with a 100% money-back guarantee. Skilled technicians are based in Hartford, Connecticut, and are available every day of the week.

Pros

• For homes and small businesses
    • Services meet a broad range of needs
    • Money-back promise if issue isn’t fixed

Cons

• Other fees may apply for some services
    • Doesn’t operate all day long

Bottom Line

Tech to Us offers remote-access home and business technical support. Its money-back guarantee promises a refund if the issue isn’t resolved. Services outside its set plans could require additional fees.

Tech to Us Reviews

1 featured review
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Tech to Us?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Tech to Us?

Original review: Feb. 29, 2016

Thanks a lot. You are fantastic. You did a good job. Your team was so patient and very kind. We are in our 80s and really appreciate the help. Go team!

Original review: Feb. 29, 2016

I wasn't satisfied with what was happening with our computers and decided to look for an alternative source to help us and repair the computers and get them working like they should. I looked into Tech to Us and I am satisfied with their service. They were very nice and helpful when time came to talk about what everything was entailed. They cleaned up my wife's computer and mine. We haven't had any problem since and everything is going along smooth. We've had positive interaction with the sales team who had called back a couple of times to make sure that we're doing okay. The experience was really enjoyable, but it was a very helpful learning experience because along the way, they told me what they were doing and made sure I understood it.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2016

I had Tech to Us before and they did a good job. Their technicians were courteous and bright. When I had another problem, the support technician who helped me out was terrific. It took him two seconds to tell me what to do. Their sales team has also been delightful and excellent.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2016

My computer was not working so I called Tech to Us for support. Their sales team and support technician were all good. I end up buying a monthly plan with them. It was an excellent experience. I like the support. The fact that I pay $30 a month and they help us with the two computers that we have at home. I'd recommend them to my friends.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2016

I had some problem with my Netgear router and had sought tech support from Tech to Us. I was very happy with the support technicians that helped me. They were very knowledgeable, knew what they were doing and their prices are nice, too.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2016

I needed to upgrade my Windows operating system. I called Tech to Us and they got the information then they passed me over to a technical staff who helped me with getting the Windows upgraded to 8.1. I found them to be helpful and it was real good experience. I had experience with the company called iYogi before that I was not pleased with and Tech to Us was altogether different. It was an excellent support and then they call me back for follow up. It was real fast.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2016

I have used tech support many times since I established my accounts with them and they are always spot on! They are courteous, knowledgeable and most importantly patient. I recommend them to everyone I speak to regarding tech support and would never use anyone else.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2016

There were things going weird with my HP computer. I tried to get a hold of HP but apparently I did something wrong on registering my computer so they wouldn't take a look at it. That's when I decided to get tech support from Tech to US. When I call Tech to Us or click on the Tech to Us button if it is available on the computer, they usually take a look at the problem. The support techs have been positive and friendly. They're fabulous. They took a really good hard look at how come my desktop got "eggPlant" on it. They did everything they possibly can. I'm pretty happy with them. It's been an easy and great experience.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2016

I have always been and fan of Tech To Us. I am a Boomer, and proud of it, but definitely not in the hub of knowledge and/or information about how to fix computer problems when they happen... and they always seem to pop up! The gentlemen that work for this company are polite, they are knowledgeable about computers and the computer world, and continue to amaze and delight us.

It is always a pleasure to contact Tech To Us because you hand them a mess, they tell you to go about your business while they work away at the task you have given them; also they give a time-frame that enables the recipient of their talents to go about his or her business and when they can return to their computer. Their work is 100% efficient, pleasant, informational, educational and dare I say "perfect"? Yes, TTU is perfection, in a world that is alien in many ways, to the aging population. They are our friends, our confidants, our tutors, and so much more. This ole computer and this ole gal would be nothing but lost, without them.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2016

I’ve worked with Tech to Us for over two years now and they’re very good. I call them at least once or twice a week and I always get what I want. The technicians have most certainly been friendly, courteous and patient with me. Sometimes, something will come up on the screen and tell me about a company that’ll tell me something’s wrong with my computer. They’ll tell me that they’re Microsoft or AT&T. I have called Tech to Us and they said, “Nah. Those are scams." Apparently, there’s a bunch of other companies that are doing the same sort of thing. One time, I answered one of those and they charged my banking account $600. But I was able to get it all back. Tech to Us helped me realize to be very careful and that it’s best that if those guys call, I just hang up. It was an excellent experience overall.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2016

I like the service of Tech to Us and the techs I've talked to were very helpful. I like that they're available 24/7 and anytime I have a problem, they answered me right away. They were costly to me, but I'm very satisfied.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2016

I've had Tech to Us for over 2 years. Very friendly technicians that know what they are doing. Always willing to work on laptop and desktop. I would recommend them to my friends and family.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2016

The Tech to Us guy that I worked with was stellar. All was good, and my printer’s working.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2016

Jonathan has helped me several time on different issues. He has been very helpful in finding the issues, and resetting my computer. He has been quick to make suggestions on good routines TO KEEP THE COMPUTER FUNCTIONING WELL. GREAT WORK!!

Original review: Feb. 10, 2016

The Geek Squad changed their whole policy without me knowing it. So my computer was without tech support. Then they raised their prices so I felt that I had to do something. I went online and started looking into tech support. I asked questions to several of them and I found Tech to Us to be a better deal than others. They were also very helpful and polite - they answered all my questions.

The only thing that I'm not happy with is that it doesn't cover my laptop and my PC but it's not a big deal. It's two programs for basically the price of one. I was also a little surprised when everything in the advertisement says “no hidden fee or no extra fees,” but I had to have an anti-virus protection and that’s an extra charge which I didn’t know. It’s probably my fault more than theirs. But other than that, it's okay. I’ve got a few days now before I have to decide if I’m gonna have to go with them and get it.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2016

Great experience over the phone! Very friendly employee, he did a great job selling it to me! I'll definitely be buying it some time soon! Thanks a lot. ;)

Original review: Feb. 6, 2016

I had something going on with my computer so I tried calling Microsoft's 800 number and was connected to Tech to Us. So far, my experience with their sales staff and support technicians has been good and they have been most helpful. I'm in my late 60s and computers don't come naturally to me. I had a situation before where I couldn't click out a certain window, reduce it or expand it. I called Tech to Us and they said, "Oh, if you put your cursor in the middle upper part of the page and click it, you can move the whole page," which is something I didn't know.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2016

I was hacked and was approached by some scammers on my computer, and I got nervous about it. I gave out my credit card information and when I checked, they put through $500. I called Microsoft and Tech to Us was their tech service. They told me that they were scammers and Tech to Us went through and got rid of everything out of my computer and protected it. Their technicians were very knowledgeable, courteous and knew immediately the problem I was having. It took them only 15 minutes to get a technician onto my computer because I was concerned about what was happening. They got right into it and I could see everything on the screen and what they were doing which I really appreciated throughout.

It took all day, but during which I would step into our office and watch for a few minutes. I saw that they used many different software programs to go through my computer and find all the viruses. It happened quickly, efficiently and proficiently. Both the gentlemen I dealt with when I first called in and then later the technician were helpful and answered all my questions. The whole experience was good and I'm happy now.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2016

Super helpful service. Response time is quick and problem solving is superior. Thank you.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2016

Last fall, I was having a problem on the computer and was trying to get the correct number for my tech support, and Tech to Us prompted up on the screen. I have no idea why but I let them talk to me and I told them what the problem was. They fixed the problem very well, so I took the Tech Support Program and was very impressed. Then I recently changed computers and was having a little problem transferring materials from my desktop to my new laptop. I called Tech to Us and got Jay and he was absolutely fabulous because my girlfriend and I were working on this and he stuck with us and got it all done. During the conversation he asked me about my antivirus. I told him what I was using, we discussed it and he offered me a good beginners price. I told him I’ll think about it, but I was so impressed with his courtesy and efficiency. When my McAfee was going to be expiring, I called and took Tech antivirus.

From a courtesy point of view, English-speaking that you can understand, patience, knowing what they’re doing and getting it done, Tech to Us was excellent. I knew what they were doing all the time because Jay was telling me. In so many companies, I get people from foreign countries and they know what they’re doing, they speak English but I can’t understand them. That gets my frustration up because I'm already upset. I ran a business on my computer and when it comes to the nuts and bolts of it, I need help. And when I can’t understand the person and they’re practically screaming to make me understand, it’s just awful because I become a nervous wreck. With Tech, I’m not nervous. I don’t feel stupid with them and I feel they’re taking care of the problem. I hope they keep up the service because since last fall to this time, it's even more professional. If they keep that standard up, I would never hesitate to recommend them.

Tech to Us response

Hi Shirley.

Thank you so much for the kind words. We are thrilled to hear that you are happy with our service and continue to get value out of it time and time again.

One thing that we do want to correct is that you mentioned the phone number for us popped up on your screen. That would definitely not have happened. We do not utilize tactics such as that since they are widely considered a scam - and justifiably so. We stress this because many other so called tech support providers utilize this tactic as a means to drive them business when there is actually no problem or issue on the customer's computer. This is currently a popular scam by overseas tech support providers.

You more than likely found us online or in some directory listing us as third party support for whatever company you may have been looking for. Maybe even in response to that pop-up and wondering what it was. We get that a lot.

Thank you for taking the time to review us. We appreciate your business!

Original review: Jan. 22, 2016

Tech to Us is a wonderful company. Always ready to offer first-rate information and technical assistance and to resolve software issues and computer crashes.

I cannot recommend the technical expertise of this company more highly. Bottom line: they are worth their weight in gold!

Original review: Jan. 21, 2016

I have a couple of computers that I frequently use and I wanted tech support because I couldn’t figure out how to do something that I need to be done. It had to do with software. I researched online and Tech to Us came up as number one for tech support so I went with them. The tech advisors explained everything then took over and handled their business. It was a pretty good experience.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2016

I was having problems with other supports that I got online, so I was looking for something new. When I tried Tech to Us, I was satisfied. One of the really good things with them is that I could understand what they were saying rather than dealing with somebody from far away, and that was helpful. They were thorough in looking at my problem, came up with solutions and left me running an old computer in a satisfactory way. Their customer service is really good, friendly, and patient. I've gone back to them several times and each time has been a good experience.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2016

I have been getting unwanted pop-ups on my screen and Tech to Us always knows what to do. They give me great instructions and resolve all my issues. I don't know what I would do without them!

Original review: Jan. 14, 2016

I had a lot of electronics like a computer and printer. I had a problem with it one time so I had to call Tech to Us to tell me how to get it fixed. Their support technicians were good and friendly. They had to get remote control access to my computer and fixed everything for me. I didn't have to do anything.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2016

Tech to Us has given me more support and knowledge needed. More than I attended at logistical college in the military. TECH TO US IS THE BEST ALL AROUND.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2016

I had an excellent experience with Tech to Us! I wrote the president of the company an email letting him know as much and in particular, singling out one individual who has been particularly helpful, committed, and very solution-oriented - a real problem solver - and I had some real problems. I would certainly recommend them and have recommended them to others. It's been a very fruitful relationship.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2016

I'm not very computer savvy. Whenever I've had a problem, Tech to Us has taken care of it. Once there were two or three fellows working on the same problem but they never gave up and always straightened out what I've managed to mess up. My husband fouled up his computer at one point, even worse than I had ever done. It took a few days for Tech to Us to work on it because my husband couldn't remember his password. They stuck with him throughout and it was amazing because it took a long time. They managed in the end so his computer is now working fine as well as mine. So we're very pleased with our service from Tech to Us. Their technicians are very friendly, personable, patient and understanding so we don't feel ridiculous to call them especially when we've done something silly. They're very easy to work with. I'd recommend them and I’m sure my husband would too.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2016

Chris instructed me what to do and it worked. He was both professional and courteous; I would recommend your company highly.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2016

I got screwed over by a scam so I decided to look into tech support. I had Tech to Us for a whole year and they're very good, knowledgeable, friendly and excellent. They even knew about the scam that I got caught up in, cleaned up my computers and made them running very efficiently. They knew what they were doing, took their time with me, explained anything I wanted and answered all my questions. I'm happy I found them.

Tech to Us Company Information