5.0/5 (97 ratings)

About Tech to Us

Tech to Us is a remote-access technical support company designed to meet the needs of clients at home and with small businesses. It offers four monthly or annual plans for a flat fee, which covers a variety of devices and operating systems, with a 100% money-back guarantee. Skilled technicians are based in Hartford, Connecticut, and are available every day of the week.

Pros

• For homes and small businesses
    • Services meet a broad range of needs
    • Money-back promise if issue isn’t fixed

Cons

• Other fees may apply for some services
    • Doesn’t operate all day long

Bottom Line

Tech to Us offers remote-access home and business technical support. Its money-back guarantee promises a refund if the issue isn’t resolved. Services outside its set plans could require additional fees.

Tech to Us Reviews

1 featured review
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Tech to Us?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Tech to Us?

Original review: April 16, 2016

I had some issues on my computer. I was hoping to find someone who would know more about it than I would, someone who would not be always trying to upsell me on something else. I've had previous experiences with some other organizations that offered me a remote control repair operation type of scenario. When they got on the computer, they managed to make some changes. But everything that they did was an additional charge and they were always trying to upsell me on another package and another program. That was only good for a few weeks or months. I was very disenchanted with a lot of what I saw. I saw a report from some very reliable sources that indicated that Tech to Us was clear and above reproach in these matters, that they were very reliable.

I checked Google to look for recommendations and Tech to Us was close to the top of the list. I rely heavily on good recommendations, what's being recommended and why. That's the reason why I moved in that direction. The nice thing about it was I started out with something that was affordable and that was monthly. They gave me 30 days to upconvert it to a yearly, which brought the cost down from $30 a month to $25 a month. Within those 30 days, I opted for a yearly program. My experience so far has been great. I'm very pleased.

Original review: April 14, 2016

I connected with Tech to Us and they were able to satisfy my questions for my problems. I'm so satisfied with them. I have the yearly plan and I've been a client for maybe five years.

Original review: April 12, 2016

When I was having a very serious problem with my computer, I dialed information and got Tech to Us' phone number. The first person I talked to was very reassuring that it could be fixed, explained what the program was and gave me an option which I may want to take advantage of, and got me connected to a technical support person. The problem I was having had to do with a group of people from the Indian subcontinent who called and said that they were from Microsoft and that I had a virus and infection and they were calling to help me address it.

The technical support person said there were ways to address it and I didn't need to worry. He asked questions about what happened and how far I had gone with the person when I turned off the computer. We then set up a link where he could come into my computer. It was about an hour and forty-five minute process to go through everything and make sure that my system was okay. They got the issue resolved within the day.

Original review: April 10, 2016

I had a virus on my computer. Tech to Us support technicians helped me get rid of the virus and I had excellent interactions with them. I got the monthly plan and the sales team that helped me were very knowledgeable.

Original review: April 8, 2016

I got into some malware then I pressed on the wrong thing and came up with needing help, and Tech to Us came up when I called the number. I've been with Tech to Us for a little over a year now on a monthly plan and have been really happy with them. It feels like I've found the company that works well and they were very friendly, efficient, polite and patient with me.

Tech to Us response

Hi Threasa, thanks for the kinds words and the review. We did just want to clarify something that is very important. Our number would not have "popped up" on your computer. What you had (based on our notes of your issue) was a common malware scam that pops up and says there are various issues on your computer and has a number to call. You ended up finding us by calling around to find out what this pop-up was, but it was not by calling the number that popped up from the malware. Thank you again for the review!

Original review: April 6, 2016

I've been with Tech to Us for seven years and I’ve gotten close to Mark and John and they always come through for me. It’s a monthly plan and I'm happy with that.

Original review: April 2, 2016

Every time I call, everything is always handled... I feel so confident and safe having you all. Brett has really fixed everything so quickly and made my experience an enjoyable one!!! Thank you all... Antoinne, Brett and everyone.

Original review: April 1, 2016

I heard about Tech to Us on Good Morning America one morning. They were talking about support teams and they mentioned their company. And because it was mentioned on TV, I felt it was credible, so I called and joined them. My interaction with their salesman was extremely good. He was very thorough and he explained all the products and services but mostly I was interested in the online tech support. I got their yearly plan but I wasn’t aware that their support technicians can come out to my home. I was only aware of their online tech service. The experience has been good so far. I’ve had other tech companies that I’ve used in the past and it started to get to a point where they're hard to get in touch with. It hasn’t been the case with Tech to Us. One of them went out of business, so I got stuck and I was a little bit reluctant to go back in.

But I believe that this company has done the service pretty well. They don’t advertise the 24/7 though. Only 9 to 5 or 9 to 7, Monday through Friday and certain hours on Saturday. It wasn’t explained to me that way. However, if I just go to the icon on a Sunday, they'd pick up and take care of it remotely. But if I needed help on a day that they did it, I’d like to know what the actual course of action is. However, their service was a little more expensive than everybody else but in the long run I thought of the savings because they helped me with my mobile devices and all of my personal and business computers too. As long as it was made, they didn’t care whose computer are those. So far, they had met my needs and they pick up in a reasonable amount of time.

Hi Michael,

Thanks for the review!

Our hours of operation are actually:
    Monday - Friday, 9 AM - 10 PM eastern

Saturday & Sunday 9 AM - 6 PM eastern

We are available by phone or online during those times.

I am sorry if this wasn't made totally clear up front. We have now added this information to our FAQ on our website to ensure that all customers can see it.

Thank you again!

Original review: March 31, 2016

I thank Mark for everything he did for me. He is the best and fast, the whole company is.

Original review: March 28, 2016

I had a phone call that said there was a virus put on my computer and they wanted to fix it. I wouldn’t talk to the guy or give them any information, so that’s when I called Tech to Us. Their technician was very helpful and explained everything he was doing. He went into the computer and took out whatever they tried to hack into and ran a full scan. He also did a follow-up. Tech to Us is a great support system. They’re good to have for people who are not so tech-savvy. I'm very satisfied with them.

Original review: March 24, 2016

I got hacked. One of those jerks called me who said that he works for Microsoft and I needed to get my computer worked on. So I called the telephone company in Seattle and asked for the after-hours number for Microsoft. I wanted to see if these people work there as I’m pretty sure I’m being hacked. Then, Microsoft gave me the Tech to Us number. I’ve worked in the computer industry before and I’m embarrassed to admit that I let the scammer on to my computer and they were on for several hours. Then the guys from Tech to Us said it could happen to anybody, and they were nice about that. They spent about four hours on cleaning it up, that’s exactly what I needed and they didn’t have to talk me into it.

I’m with the monthly plan because my account was too low and my card didn’t have enough to go with the yearly one, but I need to get the yearly plan as I’m paying an extra $70 by not having the annual plan. Other than that, the support technicians were very good, courteous, knowledgeable, and they respected my knowledge on the computer. They did an excellent job and I’ll be getting with them once in a while to have them go through the computer.

Original review: March 11, 2016

I was having a lot of problems with our computer and I'm not really a computer geek. I just like to get in to use it, do what I want to do and be done. I decided to get spyware and tech support through Tech to Us. We were with AVG but we decided to go with them. I went with Tech to Us because of the way they do business. It's not that AVG is a bad company but Tech to Us people are more personable because they go that little extra bit that means a lot to a person like me. I've had about three different technicians and everybody we've talked to has just been great and have taken good care of me. When you get on the line with them, they don't beat around the bush and if there's something they think I'm doing, they ask me and I give them an answer then we get it worked out. Without a doubt, I would recommend them to a friend. We're extremely happy with them.

Original review: March 9, 2016

Tech to Us were exceptional. We had someone on speaker phone to walk us through what the problem was with our computer and it took a very long time but they resolved it. The problem came straight out of the box. When we were registering, I put my name in and everything came up encrypted. We don't know why. No one could not get into the computer at all and we were so frustrated. They had to wipe out everything on it thoroughly and were so good, patient and kind.

Original review: March 7, 2016

I got hacked so I called Microsoft, then they referred Tech to Us to me. Interactions with them were satisfying and the people were really knowledgeable and friendly.

Original review: March 5, 2016

Tech To Us provides excellent service. I contacted them because I had a lot of things I didn’t know about. Adding to the computer and finding out why it wouldn’t work, their reps would walk me through it or take care of it if it would say different things. They were very knowledgeable and very good.

Original review: March 4, 2016

Tech to Us is excellent. Their people are very personable, confident, qualified and helpful. I call and get assistance occasionally and their technician help suggest things. The last time I called, I needed to attach something to a document I was sending and I didn't know how to do it. I called them and asked what I should look for. They explained the answer and showed me what and how to do it and it was possible to send the document. Now I know what to do.

Original review: March 3, 2016

I am really happy with Tech to Us. They are always very helpful and are able to fix all of my problems. I am not very good with technology but they are always there to help when I am in need of assistance.

Original review: March 3, 2016

I needed help with some computer problem and I couldn’t solve it, so I subscribed to Tech to Us. My problem is that they insist on using texting for communication. I only have one hand, so my typing is a little slow and the little box that they use for that is so microscopic. It’s only about three inches high and I couldn’t read anything. So, I’d asked them, “Could I go on the phone?” and one of them said yes, but the other one said no. The support techs were very good but the imposition of the mode of communication is not compatible with me. I had the one session at $129 and then I was supposed to pay $29 a month which I started doing, but I decided that it wasn’t going to work for me because of the problems and then I cancelled. But, their sales team was very good.

Hi Arlette.

I'm sorry that you had a less than perfect experience. We want everyone to have a 5 star experience.

While we do recommend using the direct connection and chat method for speed and ease, our phone lines are always open for you to call in.

The technician who picked up your session likely said no to calling you due to them already being on the phone with another customer. It should have been explained to you better that you can always call us, or always request that a technician call you once they are free.

Our apologies for any confusion. But thank you very much for the honest review. We will be sending you a private message as well.

Original review: Feb. 29, 2016

Thanks a lot. You are fantastic. You did a good job. Your team was so patient and very kind. We are in our 80s and really appreciate the help. Go team!

Original review: Feb. 29, 2016

I wasn't satisfied with what was happening with our computers and decided to look for an alternative source to help us and repair the computers and get them working like they should. I looked into Tech to Us and I am satisfied with their service. They were very nice and helpful when time came to talk about what everything was entailed. They cleaned up my wife's computer and mine. We haven't had any problem since and everything is going along smooth. We've had positive interaction with the sales team who had called back a couple of times to make sure that we're doing okay. The experience was really enjoyable, but it was a very helpful learning experience because along the way, they told me what they were doing and made sure I understood it.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2016

I had Tech to Us before and they did a good job. Their technicians were courteous and bright. When I had another problem, the support technician who helped me out was terrific. It took him two seconds to tell me what to do. Their sales team has also been delightful and excellent.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2016

My computer was not working so I called Tech to Us for support. Their sales team and support technician were all good. I end up buying a monthly plan with them. It was an excellent experience. I like the support. The fact that I pay $30 a month and they help us with the two computers that we have at home. I'd recommend them to my friends.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2016

I had some problem with my Netgear router and had sought tech support from Tech to Us. I was very happy with the support technicians that helped me. They were very knowledgeable, knew what they were doing and their prices are nice, too.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2016

I needed to upgrade my Windows operating system. I called Tech to Us and they got the information then they passed me over to a technical staff who helped me with getting the Windows upgraded to 8.1. I found them to be helpful and it was real good experience. I had experience with the company called iYogi before that I was not pleased with and Tech to Us was altogether different. It was an excellent support and then they call me back for follow up. It was real fast.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2016

I have used tech support many times since I established my accounts with them and they are always spot on! They are courteous, knowledgeable and most importantly patient. I recommend them to everyone I speak to regarding tech support and would never use anyone else.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2016

There were things going weird with my HP computer. I tried to get a hold of HP but apparently I did something wrong on registering my computer so they wouldn't take a look at it. That's when I decided to get tech support from Tech to US. When I call Tech to Us or click on the Tech to Us button if it is available on the computer, they usually take a look at the problem. The support techs have been positive and friendly. They're fabulous. They took a really good hard look at how come my desktop got "eggPlant" on it. They did everything they possibly can. I'm pretty happy with them. It's been an easy and great experience.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2016

I have always been and fan of Tech To Us. I am a Boomer, and proud of it, but definitely not in the hub of knowledge and/or information about how to fix computer problems when they happen... and they always seem to pop up! The gentlemen that work for this company are polite, they are knowledgeable about computers and the computer world, and continue to amaze and delight us.

It is always a pleasure to contact Tech To Us because you hand them a mess, they tell you to go about your business while they work away at the task you have given them; also they give a time-frame that enables the recipient of their talents to go about his or her business and when they can return to their computer. Their work is 100% efficient, pleasant, informational, educational and dare I say "perfect"? Yes, TTU is perfection, in a world that is alien in many ways, to the aging population. They are our friends, our confidants, our tutors, and so much more. This ole computer and this ole gal would be nothing but lost, without them.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2016

I’ve worked with Tech to Us for over two years now and they’re very good. I call them at least once or twice a week and I always get what I want. The technicians have most certainly been friendly, courteous and patient with me. Sometimes, something will come up on the screen and tell me about a company that’ll tell me something’s wrong with my computer. They’ll tell me that they’re Microsoft or AT&T. I have called Tech to Us and they said, “Nah. Those are scams." Apparently, there’s a bunch of other companies that are doing the same sort of thing. One time, I answered one of those and they charged my banking account $600. But I was able to get it all back. Tech to Us helped me realize to be very careful and that it’s best that if those guys call, I just hang up. It was an excellent experience overall.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2016

I like the service of Tech to Us and the techs I've talked to were very helpful. I like that they're available 24/7 and anytime I have a problem, they answered me right away. They were costly to me, but I'm very satisfied.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2016

I've had Tech to Us for over 2 years. Very friendly technicians that know what they are doing. Always willing to work on laptop and desktop. I would recommend them to my friends and family.

Tech to Us Company Information