5.0/5 (92 ratings)

About Tech to Us

Tech to Us is a remote-access technical support company designed to meet the needs of clients at home and with small businesses. It offers four monthly or annual plans for a flat fee, which covers a variety of devices and operating systems, with a 100% money-back guarantee. Skilled technicians are based in Hartford, Connecticut, and are available every day of the week.

Pros

• For homes and small businesses
    • Services meet a broad range of needs
    • Money-back promise if issue isn’t fixed

Cons

• Other fees may apply for some services
    • Doesn’t operate all day long

Bottom Line

Tech to Us offers remote-access home and business technical support. Its money-back guarantee promises a refund if the issue isn’t resolved. Services outside its set plans could require additional fees.

Tech to Us Reviews

1 featured review
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Tech to Us?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Tech to Us?

Original review: July 11, 2016

I had a notice of a virus on the computer and it said that I was to call a certain number and they would get it all straightened out for me. It looked suspicious and I wasn’t sure what to do about it, so I started looking into getting help with Microsoft. I had another problem at the time and Tech to Us stuck with me for five days trying to figure out why the printer was not printing. At first, there was a thought that because Microsoft had updated, my printer was no longer compatible with the updates. We finally discovered that the USB cable had gone bad and it was a pretty simple fix. So they solved the virus problem that I had and they also solved the printer problem. I thought maybe I needed to stick with Tech to Us, so we have and we’ve been very pleased.

Their sales team explained the things well. I had a service before that didn’t work so well, and these folks explained that they would be sending actual labels and cards in the mail so we would have something to put on the computer so that we would know where to call. It would be stuck to the computer and I really liked that. They were very helpful. I even got an extra three months on the service because of the special that they were running for the same price. The technicians were also great. They not only called but also logged into my computer. Every week, somebody is updating my computer and keeping it clear of viruses. We got virus protection and the techs to help us.

Original review: July 10, 2016

Every time I’ve called Tech to Us with a problem, it’s gotten solved. I had no problems with the several people who had to help me. I looked into tech support since I’m piggybacking on Microsoft. I have IBM-Microsoft and tech support came well. The biggest problem I had was when my computer was taken over by someone, and I couldn’t do very much with it. I had to get help from their support techs, and it was fixed within one to four hours. What happened was my computer stopped working, though I wasn't sure if it was a virus or not, and I never got the answer to that. They gave me a feedback, but I didn’t understand it.

Original review: July 5, 2016

I had a problem with getting scammed on my laptop, and Tech to Us came up when I was looking for the number of someone who services Microsoft products. So I called Tech to Us and they took care of me. The whole experience I had with them was good. Their reps were very helpful in solving problems on my laptop and were very nice people to deal with. I felt like I could trust them even though I was not familiar with them, because I figured that if Tech to Us services Microsoft and is a preferred tech support of Microsoft, then they were trustworthy. I dealt with them today because I have bought their spyware and the antivirus. I had Panda before, and they convinced me while I was dealing with them, that there was a better product.

The support technicians were all good. They started late one night, and the problem wasn't solved until the next day. They may have a quitting hour -- a time that they could work on the issue, and then a time that they stop. They may have left something running, and then they picked it up the next day when they came in.

I previously had Geek Squad and told the Tech to Us guys, "I used you for the one time thing because I have Geek Squad, but their tech support is about to expire." I'm currently trying the three months free tech support of Tech to Us to determine if I'll go with them on a monthly basis. I'm trying to decide if I will use them as well as my husband.

I just wish their yearly cost was a little cheaper because Geek Squad costs $100 a year and is not nearly as expensive as Tech to Us. The big difference is that with Geek Squad, tech support only applies to the one laptop or computer when you bought Geek Squad, whereas Tech to Us applies to any computer in your home. I also have several Apple products, so I have AppleCare on my iPad which happens to be new and which I'll have for two years, and it costs me $100. So the cost of Tech to Us is a little bit too high in comparison.

Original review: July 4, 2016

I was having trouble with my computer as it would not start and Tech to Us took care of that for me. The technician was very good and he answered all my questions. We conferred back and forth and through emails. He walked me through on how to send my computer over to him so he could take care of it. It took him eight hours to do it and everything is fine right now. I appreciate the help. She was very good in getting what I needed and I ended up with their monthly plan. I'm very pleased with what they did and I can contact them at any time.

Original review: July 3, 2016

I had a series of minimal problems and my previous tech support people were not able to fix them, so they left me hanging for the next day. A couple of days passed and still nothing happened. Finally, when I called to inquire why it was taking so long, they didn't give me a straight answer and gave me of mixed messages. When I pressed the issue because I needed my computer, I got a very cold response.

After deciding on Tech to Us and reaching out to them, they accommodated me right away. It turned out that the previous company that I was working with weren't as thorough as I would've liked and now the computer had not one but several viruses. It took quite some time to get it done, but Tech to Us were persistent. They stood on top of it and got it corrected. I purchased the spyware, the virusware, and the yearly contract. I went with those because my computer system is important to me and I use it a lot. I'm an educator so I have to make sure that I'm up and running all the time.

All the other companies I had over the last few years wasn't as thorough as Tech to Us. I asked them to do things and it would take some time to get it done. They will get it done but if some information or something else came up because of the issue, they weren't as receptive or as thorough as I would have liked. On the other hand, Tech to Us was accommodating. They did a great job on my system. I had issues that came up because of the printer that has seen its last days, but they got it to work and it's functioning fine.

They also updated and cleaned out my system and had it running smoothly. The process was interactive. They kept me informed as we went along. I asked them to call me at the end to let me know what they did and what their thoughts were, and they crushed it. My other company didn't even do that. I have been working with some questions to educate myself but at the same time to prevent some of my mistakes. They've been informative and helpful when it came to my system. Those guys were great. I was able to talk to them and get my questions answered. I first worked with Hemswell and then with Robert, but everyone I spoke to was thorough and knowledgeable. They all looked to help me out and make things run smoothly.

They were there every time I call. They take care of the problem right away. They don't ask me to wait any expansive period of time. They also check back with me after the fact to make sure that nothing has gone wrong with my work. They have informed me periodically to get a cleanup or a checkup, which of course I'll do. I will give them an A++ in service, education, accommodation, and most importantly in their work. I have been bold in saying about them to my friends and colleagues.

Original review: June 28, 2016

You know, it's the little things in life that really count. Tech to Us has been a God-send for me and it's all because of their dedication to details and they are relentless in their pursuit of a solution. Customer service is excellent. I have previously been in Customer Service industry for over 20 years and am very aware of the do's and don'ts... Tech to Us customer service is reliable, very friendly, keep their word and never get frustrated. AMAZING! I'm a returning college student at age 60 and everything is done online, so the value of having my own personal IT service is immeasurable. AND they are based in the UNITED STATES... that was the icing on the cake. Thank you Tech to Us for your service, your training, personnel and most of all your patience. I would definitely recommend you to anyone who needs peace of mind when it comes to their electronic device issues.

Original review: June 26, 2016

I was scammed with a pop-up. The three tech specialists at Tech to Us were very, very accommodating and helpful to someone who knows nothing about computers. Amber is fabulous. She told me that I was scammed and then explained what a pop-up is all about. Tech to Us cleared up the computer after the scammers got in. They also discussed what was going on with my computer. They had been wonderful. I can dial the number and they're actually there.

Original review: June 25, 2016

I was having trouble with my computer due to viruses. The way Tech to Us helped, the way they explained things and their personalities were very good. I got both their monthly and yearly plan. Everything has been great.

Original review: June 23, 2016

Everything is fine with Tech to Us and my experience with them was great. They did exactly what they said they were going to do and they restored my confidence in using other tech sources. I had an account with Best Buy for support services that had expired and I made the mistake of talking to someone and giving him too much information but Tech to Us did everything perfect and I’m very satisfied.

Original review: June 17, 2016

I’ve had a computer since 1994 and I've gone through a lot of problems throughout the years. I had used once the Geek Squad and found that to be a semi-disaster. Somehow I found Tech to Us and what drew me to them was that they had advertised that they were located in Connecticut - that was an immediate score. Once I called, everyone spoke clear and proper English, so that was perfect. Sometimes when I go with Microsoft, they’ve got all of these technicians who can’t speak English. If I use a colloquial term or an idiomatic expression, they have no idea what I was talking about. So it’s very frustrating.

Recently, I had a terrible experience with Windows 10. It totally screwed up my computer and I couldn’t open any documents, so I asked Tech to Us to remove it for me. They were great, and I think that the service is really good and fabulous. It’s probably the best around. I do consulting work from home and my work is pretty intense. And when something goes wrong with my computer -- and I’m pretty computer savvy -- if I can’t deal with it, I need these guys because I can’t be fooling around for days wasting time. So these guys have been perfect. I have recommended them to several friends and one of them ended up taking a year plan with Tech to Us.

Original review: June 16, 2016

I was using another company and I was totally dissatisfied with them. I felt like I was getting ripped off. I contacted Tech to Us and talked to them. One of the biggest reasons why I switched was because the people I was dealing with can speak fluent English. When I talked to Tech to Us, I could understand them. They're one of the best ITs I've ever dealt with, and I've dealt with a lot of them. They seem to be very knowledgeable and are a good bunch of people to work with.

Original review: June 14, 2016

I was looking to see who could help us integrate QuickBooks on two computers when we moved. Our QuickBooks was shutting down automatically and it’s been occurring for two years. The Tech to Us rep was the only who fixed the problem. He stayed to work on it after hours and solved the problem. Now it stays up day after day and doesn’t shut down by itself. That was so nice and I’m very happy.

Factual basis uncertain
    Original review: June 13, 2016

Preyed on a 78 year old woman. My mom got scammed on one of those websites that says "call this number to remove the virus". After the scammers put a virus on her computer, she called toll free info for Microsoft and somehow she ended up at Tech to Us. Mind you the whole time she is thinking she is talking to Microsoft tech support. Tech To Us sold her a repair service for a year at $299.99 then told her that Norton antivirus is no good and sold her their propitiatory antivirus and spyware software for another $79.99.

I called to try to cancel the next working day and tried to negotiate since they did work on my mom's computer and cancel the virus/spyware and get my mom's money back but she said because the key was already used they could not issue a refund for the software and because my mom approved of the service they would not issue any refund whatsoever.

The woman would not budge at all. I tried to explain that my mom's computer is over 8 yrs old and is a Windows XP computer and she didn't care. She just kept saying my mom authorized the purchase and there was nothing she could do. The $380 my mom spent on their service and software she could have used that money to help purchase a new computer.

Tech to Us response

This person has continued to post negative reviews about our service when she does not even have our service.

Her mother called us and signed up for our service willingly. We resolved her issue completely. As a courtesy, we actually did refund the software she mentioned and even allowed her to keep the software free of charge.

The mother is of sound mind and this is not a case where the person was elderly and did not know what she was doing, despite how her daughter is making it out to be.

The customer even mentioned when she called us, that her daughter usually helps her, but she was away and did not want to bother her. The mother (the actual customer) has had no complaints and was satisfied with our service.

While we do our best to accommodate customers, we cannot refund individuals that have had their issue(s) successfully resolved. We also do not deal with those who did not actually purchase or use the service as it only matters what our actual customers think. We value their opinion above anything else.

Original review: June 13, 2016

The Tech to Us technicians are all very good. I can tell they're all young kids by the way they talk and they have great patience with me because I'm an analog guy in a digital world. When I explain what I'm doing, I say, "Pardon me if I don't use the right terminology," and I get a giggle out of them. I don't get a snicker and can tell they're not rolling their eyes behind the phone and saying, "Oh, God, what kind of knucklehead am I dealing with today?" They also take their time and even though I don't like paying them the money any month because I'm cheap, whenever I call them they provide the service that I need to get done and they do it in a timely fashion. They have some ideas that are out of the box to get a problem solved and get them solved.

Original review: June 7, 2016

I’m satisfied with Tech to Us. They're more than helpful. They seem to be very cooperative, friendly, and they don’t make me feel stupid. They understand that I’m 82 years old and I’m not the sharpest person in the world when it comes to computers. They don’t make me feel like they’re doing me a favor. I’m very pleased with them and would recommend them.

Original review: June 3, 2016

It took three days for Tech to Us to solve our problem. Everybody was patient and they did one heck of a job. It’s nice to know that somebody is out there that I can rely on with no excuses. I worked with three different techs at different hours and they were all fabulous.

Original review: May 31, 2016

I’m learning all I can about the computer, and I’m not really with it yet. So I’ve called Tech to Us a number of times and they've been very nice. The sales team was knowledgeable and couldn’t have been nicer. Once I get to the tech people, I couldn’t be happier. They’ve always been very pleasant, respectful and always have helped me. I have no objection except for sometimes I could be on hold for an hour. I tried to figure out when I can call that it wouldn’t be so busy. Sometimes I’ve had luck and get in early, other times I finally hung up and thought I’ll try again.

Original review: May 30, 2016

My husband has had several occasions to call Tech to Us and each time, the tech he worked with has been the most helpful. So it’s been a very positive experience and my husband has been very pleased.

Original review: May 26, 2016

Tech to Us is excellent and we’re really pleased with them. They have been a lifesaver to us. My daughter gave me her old Mac which I like very much, but about two weeks ago, I got a message that my computer had been sent a virus. It crashed, and there were two phone numbers in there that we were supposed to call. My husband got on the phone to call those numbers but I told him that I think it's a scam and advised him not to give them any information. The word "Microsoft" was on the screen so I called 1-800-Microsoft to see if I could get someone local and we ended up with Tech to Us. And indeed, the number was a scam. I had a virus less than a week later and it came in a different way. The first time was with an e-mail. The second time was voice which yelled, “Don’t turn off your computer! It’s been compromised.” I noticed the same phone number we had before so I called again and again, Tech To Us were able to fix it.

I’ve had other issues with my computer because of the fact that it’s old and that I’m not super good at computers, and they’ve been able to help me every time. Their reps have been kind, patient, wonderful and really know what they’re doing. I mentioned them to my sister because my brother-in-law had been trying to get his computer e-mail fixed for weeks. And just before I hung up with my sister, I realized that they could help them so I gave them the number and they helped my brother-in-law. They've helped them tremendously and they are so happy.

We're certainly getting our money’s worth because we’re always having issues. Their technicians were super. I’m a teacher and I have a school website as well as AOL and I’ve had so many problems with my teaching website. It’s got to work because I’ve got to communicate with families and the principal. So Tech to Us has been so helpful. I’m so glad I found them. I’m not super computer savvy but now I don’t have to bother my children nor my husband. I can call them. So far, it’s been wonderful. However, the only thing that is negative is the long wait but they’re still short compared to other places. It would be great though if they call back and have someone help them right away instead of waiting 20 minutes.

Original review: May 22, 2016

I first called McAfee but they didn't have a phone. Tech to Us then told me that they sell some other products and could help me if I need help, so I went on along with them. I took out the plan where they will help me with my computer if I have any problem with it. The sales team explained everything to me before I signed up with them. They also explained detail to detail like a professional would. They were polite and courteous.

Original review: May 15, 2016

I have the annual plan with Tech To Us and my experience with them has been excellent for quite a few years. I won’t last long if I’m unhappy. The sales team was very qualified and they’ve been able to deal with a number of issues that I had. The problem with tech support is I can't get through on the phone. They sent me a tablet because I renewed my service, and I need some help in utilizing it. The lines are too busy and last time I called, I was on hold for 20 minutes. But that's my only complaint. I’m an 83-year-old computer-phobic character and Tech To Us is exactly what I need.

Tech to Us response

Hi Bob. Thank you very much for the kind words. I'm sorry to hear about the hold times, though. Average hold times overall are actual quite low, but the volume does spike randomly and cause the occasional longer than desired wait time. Rest assured we are working on that. Always feel free to connect to a tech immediately by clicking the Tech to Us icon on your desktop. Thank you again for feedback!

Original review: May 11, 2016

I had a problem with my computer so I looked into tech support. I have nothing but praise for the customer service of Tech to Us. They've been very good. I've had only one experience with their sales team and that was when we signed up again last year, and they were very nice. I'm gonna sign with them again and I have recommended them to friends.

Original review: May 8, 2016

My computer got a virus. I had a different team, but I couldn't get through their number. I found Tech to Us and got their monthly plan. Their support team is a great group. They're really nice, very personable, and very polite. They're very patient because I'm really not techie at all. They also had a great sense of humor and a class act. I am calling a supervisor today and tell them how wonderful these guys are. It's been an excellent experience with Tech to Us - it's so educational and pleasant. I’m learning and I'm very satisfied.

Original review: May 6, 2016

This is to let you know how please I am with one of your technicians, named Henshaw, who has been so understanding to this old man (89), and patient because I have difficulties hearing and seeing. He also is very knowledgeable. As I always say, a company is as good as their personnel. I am happy with your services also.

Original review: May 5, 2016

I am very impressed with their service. They're excellent and reliable overall. I went with their $20 monthly service package and if I'm having any discussions about computers, and if someone has a PC, I tell them that Tech to Us has a good service and can get them out of a bind. We actually had them cleaning up the computer the other day and the guy did a really good job. I sat there and watched what he was doing and the tools he was running.

My experience with Tech to Us consisted of mostly good things. Their technicians who are helping me sound very knowledgeable. I'm amazed that they hire such talented people. They seem to know what they're doing with the way they speak and their terminology. A couple of times, they've got me out of jams. When I got a Trojan horse one time that was shutting down my computer, the guy tried everything and finally got my computer back up to a T. When you have an experience like that, it makes you a loyal customer from then on.

There's only one problem that I'm disturbed about -- the Malwarebytes that keeps popping up, slowly rises from the bottom and then descends -- it's aggravating. I switched over from Norton Anti-Virus to the virus protector from Tech to Us, and I hope that this thing that keeps rising up from the bottom of the screen is not associated with that.

Original review: May 4, 2016

I had a great experience with Tech to Us. I'm not good at computer or fixing it when it goes haywire. Once I got Tech to Us' number, I knew I was never going to leave the service because it's great. Their people are phenomenal and absolutely wonderful to deal with. They tell me what to do so that they can get on my computer. So I let them take over it, fix everything, then they tell me to call them back if I have other problems.

I go with the annual plan. This year when it came up around, although I didn't have the money to do it, I did it anyway because I have to have it now. Every time something goes wrong, I just call Tech to Us and they fix everything. If I were left to my own accord, I would be long gone. I like everything about Tech to Us, and I'd recommend it to anybody. It's the most amazing thing in the world.

Original review: May 1, 2016

I like Tech to Us. They saved my life. I had gotten ripped off by Microsoft and a couple of other companies, but when I called them, they addressed my concerns without even knowing it. I went with them because the plan was only $29.95 a month and that was very reasonable. The techs have been great and they answered all my questions. I only ran into one guy who gave me the runaround but I got somebody to help me get things straightened out. I have nothing but kudos to say to them because they are wonderful. No matter how long it takes, they always inform me that it'll take a while and that they'll give me a call when they're done working on my computer. They're very polite and professional.

Original review: April 29, 2016

The Tech to Us sales team were terrific. I got a one year plan for my printer. Each time I've called, they've solved my problems. Sometimes it takes a little time and sometimes it's a little faster but it gets done and I'm very happy. Their support technicians have been great too. Tech to Us were respectful, nice and worked very hard for me. Sometimes it's a little difficult to figure something out with these printers and computers, and they stayed with me until we figured it out. I appreciate that.

Original review: April 26, 2016

I looked for a new tech support because the provider I had went out of business, and I came across Tech to Us on the internet. The technicians were courteous and very informative. I've probably called them six times since I've had them. Every time I call, it's very easy to get a hold of them and for them to take over my computer and take care of the issues. I'm 100% very happy with them at this point. I have no complaints but just praise for Tech to Us.

Original review: April 23, 2016

My computer was down. I got a 2-year plan with Tech to Us and they've been great. They are a good company and I have had no problems with their tech support. The 2-year plan ran out a little while ago and I have a year's plan now.

Tech to Us Company Information