5.0/5 (75 ratings)

About Tech to Us

Tech to Us is a remote-access technical support company designed to meet the needs of clients at home and with small businesses. It offers four monthly or annual plans for a flat fee, which covers a variety of devices and operating systems, with a 100% money-back guarantee. Skilled technicians are based in Hartford, Connecticut, and are available every day of the week.

Pros

• For homes and small businesses
    • Services meet a broad range of needs
    • Money-back promise if issue isn’t fixed

Cons

• Other fees may apply for some services
    • Doesn’t operate all day long

Bottom Line

Tech to Us offers remote-access home and business technical support. Its money-back guarantee promises a refund if the issue isn’t resolved. Services outside its set plans could require additional fees.

Tech to Us Reviews

1 featured review
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Tech to Us?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Tech to Us?

Original review: Nov. 24, 2016

My son and son-in-law are both in IT, but they never have time to help me and it's a bother for them. One is in Tennessee so we'd have to do it long distance while the other one is in town but he's got a kid, a job, and a wife. So, Tech to Us is a good third-party for me and I've always used them. They're very understanding. I've very good interaction with their sales team and the technicians have been very helpful. I have a yearly plan and it's been a good experience. I don't know if one can enjoy something like this, but it's been good for me.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2016

A few years ago my wife and I realized that we would need help in using our computer for reports, preparing letters of recommendations, agendas, and other things. We later learned from being hacked, that Tech-To-Us helped us restore files and start to find lost information. Tech-To-Us helped us find lost files, pictures and other data. We value the professional support given us in a critical situation in our lives.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2016

The Tech to Us sales team was very supportive. When a virus came up on our computer, three different technicians went through it for three or four hours and completely cleaned it all up. I haven't had any trouble since. All three techs were very friendly, helpful and courteous. After the initial virus, I had a pop-up that I couldn't get rid of and they fixed that for me too.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2016

Fast, accurate, appreciate the follow-up and suggestions for future security. I anticipate that my computer will now run much more smoothly with continued tune-ups. All techs involved knowledgeable and never give a hard sell. Polite, clear descriptions of work done, and actions for the future.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2016

I was having problems solving some issues with Windows and also with some attempts I was making to create a venue for me to compare manuscripts. The reps at Tech to Us answered all my questions well and quickly. Sometimes you have to wait a while on line but that's okay because every time I get them on, they solve my problems. In almost every case I've had the same person two or three times. They're all very confident and they're very helpful. One of the nicest things I like about them, they don't talk down to a technical idiot like me. It's a good program. I hope they don't go out of business. I would continue using them even beyond the year that I've signed up for.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2016

I needed someone to check out my computer because it was so slow. I was having so much trouble with it and I didn't know if I needed a new computer. I was calling around for tech support and got Tech to Us. The rep explained everything to me on how the service worked, and the options they had for per month and per year plans. What they offered sounded pretty good. I liked the fact that I can call them to help me in checking and fixing my computer any time I have a problem with it. They even said that I could also call them for help with my phone and I like that too because I do have a lot of problems with my phone. So I signed up for the yearly plan with them. I've had to call the support technicians twice and both times they were very good, very nice, supportive. They knew what they were doing. They fixed the problem, my computer works great, and I'm very satisfied.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2016

A few years ago I called Tech to Us to help me out of a jam. Being a non-techie I'm easily confused with this machine and every time I get in a jam all I have to do is click on their icon and up pops great support. I have not been disappointed and am glad I'm using this service.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2016

I had an issue with my computer and I was dealing with another tech company prior to going with Tech to Us. I was happy that Tech to Us were based in the United States. I talked to Chris and he was very knowledgeable, helpful, and informative. I had dealt with their techs three times. They sent me a disk and then I called them back. They went through the computer and fixed it. Two weeks later, I had an issue again but they fixed that as well.

They are also very understanding. I'm somewhat visually impaired so when I sign in, I can’t see the screen that well, so they tell me what to do. I used to deal with another company and they realized that I wasn't computer savvy so they always tried to sell me stuff. A couple of times I fell for it so I thought I was probably earmarked as an easy touch. I was impressed that Tech to Us didn’t try to sell me anything. I’m very happy and I would highly recommend it to anybody that would need a tech service.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2016

I'm an old-timer and don't know computers that well. So, I needed a technical support. I've signed up with an overseas service before but they didn't speak English that well so it didn't work out with them. I went with Tech to Us and I felt a lot better with them because I was talking to somebody from the US or somebody who could speak English. I'm well satisfied.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2016

I was scammed by some foreigners saying there was trouble with my computer. They showed me a couple of things and they asked me for them to take control of it. When they wanted money for something, I realized it was a scam. They would not release my computer. They kept it and I never recovered. I called Microsoft and they referred me to Tech to Us. They restored my computer and did a wonderful job. I’m legally blind and I have trouble seeing a lot of things, and they corrected that. They installed my programs that I had a backup disc for.

I've talked to Tech to Us several times and they have resolved all my problems except one. They couldn’t fix it because my hard drive had crashed and there’s nothing they could do about that. I had the option of getting a new hard drive installed or buy a new computer. I mulled that over and it was a difference of $200 to get a new computer, so I opted to get a new computer and they have installed all my programs on it. Sometimes they had to have me hang up and they’d call me back several hours later after their closing hours till they had the solution. The only problem I have is the waiting time for a technician which is very long but it's not their fault. I’ll be moving soon to retirement area and I wanna keep their service.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2016

I had tech support with an overseas company and they’re good, but it got very hard to understand them. The wait time and by the time they got back to me could be 24 to 48 hours. But when I have a computer and it’s down, I can’t wait that long. Also, they’re sales-motivated. So, I went online and looked at some tech companies in the United States and read the reviews. I talked to a gentleman from Tech to Us named Chris. He was a very nice rep. He was very good, knowledgeable, and upbeat. He did a good job with their company. We can do it and we can handle it.

Their sales department was excellent, and high energy and excited to have me as a customer. The first contact I had with them was very reassuring. Friendly, helpful, and easy to understand. The time they got back to me was excellent. They know their product very well and they were able to fix any of the issues that I've had. I just signed up with them so it’s only been a little over a week. But the interactions I've had with them so far has been excellent and they fixed and updated everything and ran all the scans and they've done everything I needed. There was a software I didn’t have that I needed. The price was reasonable. They get back immediately. Within five minutes they were on my computer, working on it or they call me, which is invaluable if I have a business or something is urgent. I can’t be without a computer. I rescue dogs and when my computers are down, dogs are dying.

The support technicians have installed an icon on my desktop so I just click it. I don’t even have to call. I like to talk to people but I tried it once and it immediately comes up. I type in what’s wrong and within seconds, they are back to me, saying, “This is Bob. Let me take control of your computer. Let me see what’s going on.” Or if I need to talk to them, I can just pick up the phone and call them and someone answers immediately. So I have someone get back to me immediately rather than waiting for 24 to 48 hours. One time, a tech's shift ran out. They immediately put me to another one and they log in what they’re doing, so tech #2 knew what tech #1 had done. Also, they were patient. There was one time though that I wanted to talk to a guy, and he just said, “I can’t talk to you right now but I’ll connect you to a tech who can.” So if they can’t, someone can, so they never left me hanging.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2016

Prior to using Tech to Us, I’d been using a company down in Austin, Texas and I had a terrible experience with them, including the loss of my ability to use my computer for days at a time and some problems with charging. So I went online and did some research and Tech to Us came up on top of the list. From the moment I called them, I was very comfortable because I had some prior experience and they were able to address any of my issues on both my desktop and laptop. And since they’d done a diagnostics and run everything, I have not had any further problems.

Tech to Us also responds very quickly if I type them a text message and almost as quickly when I call them on the phone. With the previous place, I’d wait on the phone for well over an hour. So on a comparative basis in price and service, Tech to Us stands out so much. Sometimes I can talk to one guy and he can be outstanding, and I talk to the next guy and he could be a dope. But I’ve noticed no drop-off in the quality of Tech to Us’s technicians. If I saw shortcomings, I would be right upfront with them because I’m not going to be able to correct problems if I don’t know I have them. There was one manager in particular that I ended up calling on a Saturday. I spoke with him for half an hour and he did a follow-up e-mail which was great.

Overall, Tech to Us is an exceptional company and I had a fantastic experience. I bought a new computer nine months ago and I’m now comfortable with knowing that if I'm going through a sixth generation and I get up to a much higher level, there’s going be technical help available to me. They also do Apple and it’s all included in the price they charge. I understand what to expect in the way of service from a company like them and I am more than pleased. I've recommended them to a number of people.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2016

We had been getting support from a company called E-Racer, and we found out that they had gone out of business. I had a problem with this because our contract with them ran through October. I had also paid in advance for a continuing service for an additional two years. They didn't let me or any of their customers know that they had gone out of business and they didn't return the money. I had to get my credit card to dispute the charge. Once we found that we didn't have that service, my son went on the computer and he pulled up a number of different companies. Tech to Us had a pretty good rating with Consumer Reports, and we often use Consumer Reports for their background information.

Tech to Us did the work to clean up and it took them quite a long time. It took them over seven hours to get it straightened out and get our program working again. They had to come back two days later to do something else to it. I'm not very knowledgeable on the computer and my son is only here occasionally, so we rely on somebody else to keep my computer working. Their team was very good. My son did the interactions but I was right here beside him, so I know that they were very pleasant. We were pretty happy going to them and the way they took care of us. We've only used them once but we went ahead and bought the virus and spyware packages as well.

There's one thing I don't like about Tech to Us's program and it's that they insist that it's going to be an automatic renewal and I wouldn't choose that. I don't know how to take that off of there because I never automatically renew anything. I don't want to have to find out all of a sudden that my account is charged with something. This is a $300 thing and if it's an automatic renewal and they decide to charge $400 next year, what choice do I have? Overall, they appeared to be professional to the point where we believed them. They seem to be an honest company or we wouldn't have bought their service.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2016

I did a lot of research on the internet for different technical support companies. There was another company in California that was open 24/7. But every time I got them on the phone, they weren't on the ball, talk very slow, and were laid-back. But when I called the Tech to Us sales department, the first person I got on the phone was very uppity, outgoing, and mentally alert. He knew his line of work in computers. They took all my old software off the computer from the previous tech support company. They wiped my slate clean. I've only been with Tech to Us for two and half months since September so I don't have much experience with them. But I like what I see. I've been doing things by remote chat, rather than the phone.

The only thing I didn't like was when I last called, I asked them, "Can you optimize my computer and I'll hang up from you and we can connect by remote chat?" They said "Once you cast, you can." But I said, "What's the matter?" They said, "It will take three to four hours to optimize your computer." I said, "Three to four hours?" They said, "Yeah." I was turned off by that. My previous tech support, iYogi, my mother and I loved them. Although we had to leave them because they were being sued by the federal government. And to optimize my computers with them only took 10 to 20 minutes. But now, Tech to Us told me that to optimize my computer, to make it run faster and smoother, will take three to four hours and I have to be home. Also, they use eight different software programs to optimize my computer.

I wouldn't mind them saying, "It takes three to four hours, ma'am. But you don't need to be home." I can go out, do all about my business and come and go as I please. But they said, "No, you have to be home and in front of your computer.” I don't like the idea that it's limited hours. I have to plan my schedule because they close at ten o'clock eastern time and then on weekends they close at six. The previous company I had was open 24/7. That's the only thing that bothers me. But, other than that, they've been very nice, friendly, and professional. I'm pleased with the service and I just wish that the hours were 24/7. Or, at least 12 hours a day.

I like the idea of a company being open 24/7. In case I have a problem and I can't sleep and it's the middle of the wee hours, I like the idea of picking up the phone to talk to somebody. I also called another company in California which was also open 24/7. But that company didn't seem to be mentally outgoing or alert, like they knew their stuff. Even though they were open 24/7, they seemed like they were more laid-back and relaxed. But with Tech to Us, I click their icon on my desktop and within a matter of three or five minutes, somebody's online saying, "Ma'am, hi, my name is so and how can I help you tonight?" So I felt they're more on their game.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2016

I had a lot of problems with people pulling scams on me, so I decided that it was time to get tech support. The people at Tech to Us were perfect and wonderful. Their technicians were very helpful and knowledgeable. They told me if I ever need anything to give a shout-out. I would definitely recommend them.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2016

I was having a problem with the computer, so I called Dell and they referred me to Tech to Us. They were very good and did a nice job. We first were on the same reading and then they took over a few hours. I got back and they corrected everything.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2016

Tech To Us has been fine. Everything that they've done was very helpful. I'm going to be calling real soon. My laptop is sort of old and I've been needing desperately to have some help with getting it up to speed.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2016

I got suckered into a scam on my laptop. Some outfit was going to put some network security internet. Bottomline is they were crooks. I went on Better Business Bureau and Tech to Us came up with a pretty good rating. I contacted them and they were very responsive to my needs. I got my money back so now I'm a happy camper. I've also had a couple of follow-up contacts with them when my computer was doing a Windows update or the manufacturer was doing laptop updates, which disabled some of the software. I called them and they fixed the problem immediately.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2016

When setting up for the services, Tech to Us was good. They put everything on my computer and on my laptop, and my scans were run. Plus, I got the anti-virus which I didn’t have any before. I haven’t had any trouble with my computer so far so I haven’t had to call them. I do know that when I turn my computer on, it says whatever threat I had and the definition is automatically updated. I like Tech to Us because, number one, I can understand them and I don’t have to sit in front of my computer when they work on it. I had trouble before when I was with another company. I had iYogi for about five years and I always had to sit in front of my computer and just watch while they worked. Sometimes it would take them two hours and I don’t have time to be sitting. So far, I’ve enjoyed Tech to Us' service and I would recommend them.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2016

I was extremely happy with the service of Tech to Us. They’re very professional. They answered all my questions and got me straightened out. It took a little while because I had a bunch of junk on my computer. I’m a very satisfied customer.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2016

I was with iYogi before but they ripped me off. And since I needed a new support, I did my research and chose Tech to Us. One of the problems I had with iYogi was that they were always pushing products on you, but Tech to Us is not doing that. They could suggest that I use a different protection software, unlike iYogi wherein they'd say that if I don't get this, my computer's not gonna work right. I'd recommend Tech to Us.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2016

My computer got hijacked and it was frozen. I got with Tech to Us and the guy I worked with was awesome. My computer is still really slow and I'll have them go over it but they bend over backwards. They are very professional and very nice.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2016

When I wanted a tech company to handle my computer problems, I went on the Internet and picked out Tech to Us. Had a good interaction with their sales team and tech support. So far, everything has been fine with my experience with them.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2016

I had gotten scammed on my computer. I don’t really know much about computers. The scammers had called and said they were from Windows and that I had viruses in my computer. I’m older and it’s the first time I’ve had a computer. They were real slick. And I’d say, “How can I tell you’re from Windows?” and they had answers for me. And then they had me turn over my computer to them and then they wanted me to make them a check. I had ended up giving them my checking account number and routing number. And then I was supposed to sign with the clicker on the computer of a check of $250. And this is after a period of two hours of talking to them.

The scammers said they’d fixed it all and then they called back the next day and said that check didn’t go through so I need to give them the number for another $250 check. So I called a friend ‘cause I didn’t know what I was supposed to do. And they said, “Oh, no. You don’t take those calls. Don’t give anybody that information.” So I went to the bank and had them stop the check. And then the friend had said that I should call Microsoft directly. I got on the free 800-number information and I asked for Microsoft. They gave me a number but it was a number to another scammer. It wasn’t the Microsoft Corporation. And so I called them but, luckily, they answered but then the phone got cut-off. So in the meanwhile, I called for Microsoft Corporation and then I did get a hold of them and they offered me a tech support - Tech to Us.

I can call day or night to Tech to Us and they can show me how to get email or how to get to Facebook. I can call them any time if something doesn’t work or I don’t know how to do something. But it took them two or three hours to get all of the scammers' part out of there, beause the scammers had gone into different parts and they even went into my Facebook.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2016

I had a gypsy rip-off outfit that wasn't too good before Tech To Us. I had them for three years, and it was called Advanced Tech Support. I don't wanna condemn them. I believe they're legitimate but the only real thing they did for me was cleanings, which were fine, and they did some tune-ups, which I never had a problem with.

But when I had a problem is when I finally figured out that I don't think they knew what they were doing. And I didn't like the fact every time I called the support, I would get somebody out of the country. And it was harder to understand them. They would work on my computer and it would be worse. And then, they'd work on it again. So, naturally, I went online and searched every internet tech company out there and narrowed it down between Tech To Us and Bask. I read all the reviews on both of them and leaned with Tech To Us and gave them a call. Bask had a lot of good reviews but they were a lot more expensive.

I joined Tech To Us and explained the problem. They took my computer over and worked on it from Friday afternoon into Saturday morning. And that computer hasn't been that fast since I bought it. Then they told me that a lot of times, Norton will use a lot of CPU on your computer and it will slow it down. And a couple of other people also told me that and I believe it. Because I could see my computer was slowing down every time Norton would do something. But Norton came with the computer, so I automatically just renewed it.

So, Tech to Us offered me their spyware and their detectiveware. They offered me a bundle package for $49 for the year, which was fantastic, because Norton charges you more than that. And they guarantee me it wouldn't slow my computer down because they specifically built their own spyware and malware. And you can't even tell when their spywares running. When Norton used to do an update, things wouldn't even load because it would be using all the usage on my computer. And you'll get a pop-up that says Norton's doing an update. Then, I could see my computer slow down. And then, when Windows would do an update, this other company had my Windows all screwed up, and the computer was basically useless because It wouldn't load anything.

Now when their spyware comes on with the updates, I don't even see it log off. They have a friendly dashboard where you could run your own scan. And, so far, since Ive been using it, I had no pop-ups and viruses. And I am a very heavy computer user. My computer hasn't been this fast since I bought it. Also, I like that they're United States based. I believe in buying everything and using everything USA, but it's very hard to get anything made in the United States today. I would call Advanced Tech Support and, one day, I get a guy in Jamaica and then, I'd call again and I would get a guy in India. Tech to Us isn't like that. I know a couple of their techs by the first name. You get the same techs all the time. So, they know you by first name. And they talk and explain to you. Advanced Tech Support never explained anything to me.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2016

I live in New York but I have a second home in New Jersey. When I was in New Jersey, I was having trouble with my MacBook, and my daughter-in-law never has trouble with an Apple computer. Then I got a message on my screen, call this number, and my computer's infected. I called the number and they said, "Well, you have anti-virus but you have a worm in your network and we have to fix it." I ended up sending them a check for $999 on the internet--$300 to repair my MacBook, which was probably six months or less than a year old, and then he said the service charge and the insurance is $600 more. Then I thought "there's something really screwy here."

I went to New York then I went to my bank and told them what happened. I said this is a bogus company, and was told it probably is. I said I wanted to cancel my check, and I was told that I should probably close my account and open a new one, which I did. When I got home to my computer in New York a week later, I was trying to use it and I was having difficulty again. I thought I was calling Norton, but I got another messed up tech company. I don't know if they were related because they had control of my computer in New Jersey.

Then I thought, "This is Norton and they can't fix it." They worked on it for almost a day, for several hours, and they had control of my computer. But this is my HP computer in New York City. So then I said, "This isn't working. I'm going to call Hewlett-Packard." They sent me a bill for $349 and I put that on my charge account. Then I thought, "Well, I'll call Hewlett-Packard and see what they say," because I had Norton or McAfee from Hewlett-Packard and I thought it should work. Then they referred me to Tech to Us. These guys worked on my computer, and they had control of it for two days. There was so much malicious spyware, malware, on my computer. I saw all the stuff they were taking off which were really dangerous. They cleared it up and it's working perfectly. It didn't cost more than $200, and I've got service for a year.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2016

I had a major problem with my computer. I got attacked by a virus and I tried several companies that didn't know what I was talking about. I called Microsoft and everybody and all I got was Xbox. I checked out Tech to Us, and I'm very happy with them. They're courteous and patient and don't treat me like an idiot if I call for a problem. They explain what they're doing and then they fix it. I'm very satisfied with Tech to Us, the people that work for them, and everything else.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2016

I'm pleased that Tech to Us has done the job for me.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2016

I recently purchased an annual subscription of tech support services from Tech to Us. I've been thrilled with the services that they have provided me. I used to be with another online tech support but I was very frustrated because I do not understand those folks since they didn't speak English well. I had them for a few years but I just didn't feel comfortable. There was a communication gap.

I chose Tech to Us because they are based in Connecticut and it had good Better Business Bureau reviews. Their technicians speak really decent English and I can understand me. We are able to communicate effectively which is important to me. I had a number of issues wherein I would call Tech to Us and they would try something else. I was thrilled that they kept digging to see what more they could do. They were good at problem solving.

They did some really great things to my computer, such as tune-ups, virus clean-up, and all other good things. But the issue was with my internet service, Cox Communication. There was some kind of a home cable issue but when Tech to Us had their part done, it improved even more. They also explain to me what's going on, which is great since I like to learn about this stuff. They were courteous and the last gentleman I spoke to was very friendly. Overall I'm very happy with them. As long as they keep up the great work, I'll probably be renewing my annual subscription every year.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2016

I bought a Brother printer and it wasn't working for some reason. I tried to solve it myself and then I called Brother and spent two hours on the phone with them. They told me that McAfee is preventing them from getting through the firewall. So when I called McAfee, they said that they will help me get through their firewall. Then the guy noticed that I never called them before and offered their service for $349. I said no, but he offered it for $299 for support on my computer, printer, laptops, and tablets. So I hooked up for an annual plan with Tech to Us and in a matter of minutes, he fixed my computer.

He then told me that I have a lot of malware on my computer and ask if he could do a diagnostic and completely overhaul it. They called me back the next day at 4:00 and finished it at 9:40. I then asked them to do the same thing to my computer in Florida. He told me to just give them a call when I get down there, which I did. They did it on my computer down here and I've had some interim calls in between and I've been very satisfied.

I've dealt with a couple of different techs from them and they've all been very professional and very knowledgeable. Once they put the tool on your desktop and you just click the tool, somebody gets on in less than a minute. Just pull up the dialogue, there's a chat and then if they need to call you, they call you on the phone. It'll take a couple of hours and they would call back to let you know what's happening so they keep you apprised. I'm really very happy and I've even recommended them to people.

Tech to Us Company Information