2. Shopping
  3. Grocery Stores

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.62/5

Winn Dixie Reviews

Original review: Nov. 19, 2017

I have been purchasing groceries at Winn Dixie since 1988. The quality over the past year has continued to deteriorate, primarily in the meat and other fresh food departments. Last week I purchased two Porterhouse steaks. The filet was ok but the strip was so tough it was not edible. Yesterday I purchased cube steaks which are a much less expensive cut but are usually tenderized with their processing. These cube steaks could not even be cut with steak knives and were disposed of.

Having a reputation for being the "beef people" their quality has become inedible. In addition, you have to check dates on all products as many have already passed their sell date and are still on the shelves. The dairy products sour prior to their expiration date and overall the personnel only laugh at you when you complain. I have made my last shopping trip to the #218 Store at Hiatus and Sheridan in Cooper City. What a shame that someone does not care about the customer base or products they sell.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

Moved to Florida so first time at Winn Dixie. Store was clean, nice employees, etc. I bought a package of beef for stew that was almost $6 a pound. When I got it home, I have to cut about 6 ounces of it because it was grizzle and fatty. So a third of the meat was throw out. The butcher who packed it should be fired for allowing that to be put out for sale. Store is in Tampa on Race Track Rd, store number 2517. I wrote to store and complained and they ignored me. Don't buy meat at Winn Dixie.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2017

Winn Dixie is good to shop for shelf items. Their customer service is great and I have no problems with them. I prefer not to buy my meat from them though. Their meat is very pricey and I don't like the quality of it.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2017

I like the atmosphere in this smaller store. The categories are labeled so that you can find what you are looking for easily. Parking is easy and you do not have to walk a long way.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2017

They closed a store close to us and we thought going to another store about 2 miles away would be better but we were wrong. The products are out of date and their use of various tricks to make people believe they are getting best prices but in reality they are higher than other stores.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Winn Dixie?

Original review: Oct. 29, 2017

Winn Dixie has everything that others have for sale but usually cheaper in price. Their meat selection is also better in selection and price. The appearance of the store isn't as flashy as others but I'd rather save money.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2017

The quality of this store seems to have taken a downward slide. Very small produce section with limited selection. Deli counter employees very unfriendly.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2017

They really need to do something about their frozen foods. They are either thawed or in one chunk ice cube i.e. their vegetables. I have asked them about it and they said it was corrected... but it wasn't. It's a shame because the employees are really very nice and professional and the store is conveniently located.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2017

The store is always clean and the employees are always friendly and helpful. The only problem that I have is that sometimes the produce section isn't full and there is produce past the point of selling.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2017

Winn Dixie features fresh produce and meat. It also has good values on many products and goods. It has products and items on sale weekly, which are good values. It has good values on one item for sale, and the other free. Some items appear a little expensive, but no more than other groceries in area.

Winn Dixie Company Information