3.57/5

191 Winn Dixie Consumer Reviews

Original review: May 26, 2018

I went to Winn Dixie November 28, 2017. There was muddy water on the floor by the frozen food case in the middle of the floor. The manager walked right by the area about a minute to me arriving to the muddy wet area; however, he did not clean, say or do nothing about the hazardous conditions. When I arrived to the area, you would have thought that I had on skates, I was slipping and sliding, but trying to hold on the freezer so I tried to prevent me from hitting the ground. However, in the midst I was injured. When I got my balance up good enough because it indeed was a performance, I went and got the manager who was nearby and the one who passed by the area before I did. He went and got an employee to clean up the area that had no signs, no employee trying to protect the safety of the customers, but I reported the hazardous conditions and stayed until they cleaned it up so no one else got hurt.

As a result Winn Dixie offered me a family pack of free chicken and a gift card from Risk Management, Felecia, but when I declined, Winn Dixie and their third party administrator/insurance (Sedgwick) (Katie, Sedgwick Claim Adjuster, Kristen **, Supervisor of Katie Sedgwick Risk Management), decided after reviewing the video and seeing that I am an ** Woman, I committed fraud and identity theft of a decease person (however, the social security number was my own and I have worked many years in government county, state government and federal government with level two background clearances).

Unbelievable, they are so comfortable with it that they put it in writing with my right social security number and said nothing will happen to them. Wow, Winn Dixie, but you want forgiveness and filed bankruptcy in Delaware Federal Courts. How dare you for being so shady, ignoring my calls, lying, making excuses and you could have ruin my career/my life just because you do not want to pay a claim. You have sided up with one of the most illegal and unethical tactics companies ever, Sedgwick. Their reputation speaks for itself. They practice and feels so comfortable with their behavior that they constantly use illegal and unethical tactics. They have been sued by several people including sued by the State of California for practicing illegal and unethical tactics.

Winn Dixie (Kim, Manager of Risk Management and Mike, Director of Risk Management) should be ashame of yourself. To get mercy, you have to give mercy. What you both have done is try to ruin me as a strong, beautiful ** woman, but you lose. I helped save you from many lawsuits by protecting you, but in return you tried to destroy me. It is a horrible thing that you and Sedgwick have done and your actions prove that you are comfortable with illegal and unethical tactics.

Everyone who has been done wrong by Winn Dixie and/or Sedgwick report them to your Insurance Commission, Governor, US Senators, US Congress, House of Representatives, complain to the White House Constituents Services, the trustee who is handling their case (Southeastern Grocers LLC, Case # ** in Delaware Federal Bankruptcy Courts) the Judge ** who is handling Winn Dixie's (Southeastern Grocers LLC ) **, they only know and can help when we tell.

Original review: April 23, 2018

Waited to check out for 10 minutes in line when a lady manager picked someone at the far line and brought them to her line that she was opening. That couple arrived in line well after I did and she on purpose did this because I noticed her checking the situation earlier and she knew I had waited much longer. I shop the Williston Winn Dixie several times a week but will drive to Gainesville to shop in the future. It's no wonder they are in bankruptcy.

Original review: April 10, 2018

I was in the line cashing out when an item did not come up as advertised. I asked the cashier Brian to check the price and the woman behind me in line started moaning and complaining that I was asking about an advertised price. Brian was unable to fix the problem so I asked him to remove the item as I did not want it if it wasn't on sale as the website showed. He did and I paid and moved out of the line and moved towards customer service while checking to be sure that the other items on my receipt were actually showing the advertised price. Meanwhile, in the line the woman that was behind me was still complaining and pointing at me and she and the cashier Brian were actually laughing at me checking my receipt.

I come to Winn Dixie because they offer a weekly ad with advertised sale prices. I am not rich and need to count my pennies and wouldn't shop there if I thought that was cause for being laughed at. I will never shop there again after being humiliated by a customer and a cashier laughing at me because I care if an item doesn't come up with the sale price when I'm checking out. That was bad enough, but the same customer actually harassed me in the parking lot after that, yelling and cursing at me! All because I asked about 1 item that didn't come up with the sale price!? It was unreal and I don't know if that customer was inebriated or has mental issues, but it was quite scary, and unbelievable that the Winn Dixie cashier would go along with the customer's bullying of me and actually participate in it! Winn Dixie has horrible customer service on any day, but this goes far beyond bad customer service, and into abusive behavior.

Original review: March 22, 2018

I LOVE the W-D brand sour cream, it is the BEST. I find it better than Daisy, and other brands. PLEASE bring it back. This S.E. Grocers brand is bland, no taste, flat. I am so glad I only purchased one container. W-D sour cream was one of the main reasons I shopped W-D. Can the original WD brand be found anywhere? The Southeastern Grocers sour cream is shown on the attached receipt as SEG sour cream on sale for $1.67. I believe the WD brand used to go on sale at $1.50 or 2 for $3.00, and it would last so long. If this is typical of the S.E. Grocers brand, I will NOT be a S.E.G. customer. Even though I purchased this back in February, I did not realize there was a website where I could state my opinion. Sorry, W-D, you have made a terrible blunder in this regard!

Original review: March 17, 2018

I bought 5 Kerrygold Butter @ $3.99 each that were on sale at 2 for $5.00. A difference of $7.45. I should have purchased the butter at Publix as they had the same sale and they honor their sale ads. I also purchased three (3) 1/2-gallon cartons of Silk Milk and had a digital coupon for $1.50 off 2 and a digital coupon for $.65 off 1 which were not utilized. I believe we are up to $9.60, for which Winn Dixie wants to graciously add a $6 store credit to my Plenti Rewards Card. I'm ecstatic (not)!

In addition, they took a printed $5.00 coupon off $40 order with an expiration date of 3/18/18, that I handed to them but did not give credit for that coupon! They also took the $10.00 digital coupon off $50 order and another $5.00 digital coupon off $40 order with an expiration date of April 1, 2018. That latter I would have used at another time (probably next week), if given the opportunity. Since I do not have that opportunity I will not be shopping Winn Dixie next week! In fact, I will not be shopping Winn Dixie until the first week of April just before my digital coupon bearing an expiration date of April 8, 2018 expires. At that time, I will utilize all my Plenti points and the coupon and I will decide whether I will ever shop Winn Dixie again.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Winn Dixie?

Original review: March 1, 2018

This is my favorite grocery store. It is always very clean and organized. Staff are friendly and courteous and helpful. The produce and meats exceptional in quality. They make you feel that you are always the most important customer in their store.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2018

The cashiers are rude and low class and miserable. I threw away my Plenti card and refuse to buy anything after I bought a spray cleaner there, then found it half price at Publix. I only go for lotto tickets because the store is close to me. Two out of the last three times I went the lotto machine was down. This happens all the time. And their customer service counter closes two hours before lotto ticket sales stop and they refuse to sell lotto tickets after 8:30. Horrible store. 8924 Northlake & Military. In lake park. I can’t believe they haven’t shut this crappy place down.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2017

Sending my prescriptions to Winn Dixie pharmacy for the first time. It's been nothing but terrible. The pharmacist is running the place by himself and has such a poor attitude. He makes you feel like you don't belong there and unwanted. He makes you feel like your business is not wanted or needed and whatever prescriptions you require to keep you alive don't matter. All he did was complain on how long it would take to take care of me and that he was swamped even though there were zero customers at the desk. I know there are online orders to fill but give me a break with this horrible customer service. If this location wasn't two blocks from my house I would've went somewhere else. This Winn Dixie pharmacy is located in New Port Richey, FL on the corner of Massachusetts and Congress Avenue.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2017

I have been purchasing groceries at Winn Dixie since 1988. The quality over the past year has continued to deteriorate, primarily in the meat and other fresh food departments. Last week I purchased two Porterhouse steaks. The filet was ok but the strip was so tough it was not edible. Yesterday I purchased cube steaks which are a much less expensive cut but are usually tenderized with their processing. These cube steaks could not even be cut with steak knives and were disposed of.

Having a reputation for being the "beef people" their quality has become inedible. In addition, you have to check dates on all products as many have already passed their sell date and are still on the shelves. The dairy products sour prior to their expiration date and overall the personnel only laugh at you when you complain. I have made my last shopping trip to the #218 Store at Hiatus and Sheridan in Cooper City. What a shame that someone does not care about the customer base or products they sell.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

Moved to Florida so first time at Winn Dixie. Store was clean, nice employees, etc. I bought a package of beef for stew that was almost $6 a pound. When I got it home, I have to cut about 6 ounces of it because it was grizzle and fatty. So a third of the meat was throw out. The butcher who packed it should be fired for allowing that to be put out for sale. Store is in Tampa on Race Track Rd, store number 2517. I wrote to store and complained and they ignored me. Don't buy meat at Winn Dixie.

Winn Dixie Company Information