1.60/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Last updated: April 10, 2018

179 Winn Dixie Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: April 10, 2018

I was in the line cashing out when an item did not come up as advertised. I asked the cashier Brian to check the price and the woman behind me in line started moaning and complaining that I was asking about an advertised price. Brian was unable to fix the problem so I asked him to remove the item as I did not want it if it wasn't on sale as the website showed. He did and I paid and moved out of the line and moved towards customer service while checking to be sure that the other items on my receipt were actually showing the advertised price. Meanwhile, in the line the woman that was behind me was still complaining and pointing at me and she and the cashier Brian were actually laughing at me checking my receipt.

I come to Winn Dixie because they offer a weekly ad with advertised sale prices. I am not rich and need to count my pennies and wouldn't shop there if I thought that was cause for being laughed at. I will never shop there again after being humiliated by a customer and a cashier laughing at me because I care if an item doesn't come up with the sale price when I'm checking out. That was bad enough, but the same customer actually harassed me in the parking lot after that, yelling and cursing at me! All because I asked about 1 item that didn't come up with the sale price!? It was unreal and I don't know if that customer was inebriated or has mental issues, but it was quite scary, and unbelievable that the Winn Dixie cashier would go along with the customer's bullying of me and actually participate in it! Winn Dixie has horrible customer service on any day, but this goes far beyond bad customer service, and into abusive behavior.

Original review: March 22, 2018

I LOVE the W-D brand sour cream, it is the BEST. I find it better than Daisy, and other brands. PLEASE bring it back. This S.E. Grocers brand is bland, no taste, flat. I am so glad I only purchased one container. W-D sour cream was one of the main reasons I shopped W-D. Can the original WD brand be found anywhere? The Southeastern Grocers sour cream is shown on the attached receipt as SEG sour cream on sale for $1.67. I believe the WD brand used to go on sale at $1.50 or 2 for $3.00, and it would last so long. If this is typical of the S.E. Grocers brand, I will NOT be a S.E.G. customer. Even though I purchased this back in February, I did not realize there was a website where I could state my opinion. Sorry, W-D, you have made a terrible blunder in this regard!

Get expert buying tips about Grocery Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 17, 2018

I bought 5 Kerrygold Butter @ $3.99 each that were on sale at 2 for $5.00. A difference of $7.45. I should have purchased the butter at Publix as they had the same sale and they honor their sale ads. I also purchased three (3) 1/2-gallon cartons of Silk Milk and had a digital coupon for $1.50 off 2 and a digital coupon for $.65 off 1 which were not utilized. I believe we are up to $9.60, for which Winn Dixie wants to graciously add a $6 store credit to my Plenti Rewards Card. I'm ecstatic (not)!

In addition, they took a printed $5.00 coupon off $40 order with an expiration date of 3/18/18, that I handed to them but did not give credit for that coupon! They also took the $10.00 digital coupon off $50 order and another $5.00 digital coupon off $40 order with an expiration date of April 1, 2018. That latter I would have used at another time (probably next week), if given the opportunity. Since I do not have that opportunity I will not be shopping Winn Dixie next week! In fact, I will not be shopping Winn Dixie until the first week of April just before my digital coupon bearing an expiration date of April 8, 2018 expires. At that time, I will utilize all my Plenti points and the coupon and I will decide whether I will ever shop Winn Dixie again.

Original review: March 1, 2018

This is my favorite grocery store. It is always very clean and organized. Staff are friendly and courteous and helpful. The produce and meats exceptional in quality. They make you feel that you are always the most important customer in their store.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2018

The cashiers are rude and low class and miserable. I threw away my Plenti card and refuse to buy anything after I bought a spray cleaner there, then found it half price at Publix. I only go for lotto tickets because the store is close to me. Two out of the last three times I went the lotto machine was down. This happens all the time. And their customer service counter closes two hours before lotto ticket sales stop and they refuse to sell lotto tickets after 8:30. Horrible store. 8924 Northlake & Military. In lake park. I can’t believe they haven’t shut this crappy place down.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Winn Dixie?

Original review: Nov. 25, 2017

Sending my prescriptions to Winn Dixie pharmacy for the first time. It's been nothing but terrible. The pharmacist is running the place by himself and has such a poor attitude. He makes you feel like you don't belong there and unwanted. He makes you feel like your business is not wanted or needed and whatever prescriptions you require to keep you alive don't matter. All he did was complain on how long it would take to take care of me and that he was swamped even though there were zero customers at the desk. I know there are online orders to fill but give me a break with this horrible customer service. If this location wasn't two blocks from my house I would've went somewhere else. This Winn Dixie pharmacy is located in New Port Richey, FL on the corner of Massachusetts and Congress Avenue.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2017

I have been purchasing groceries at Winn Dixie since 1988. The quality over the past year has continued to deteriorate, primarily in the meat and other fresh food departments. Last week I purchased two Porterhouse steaks. The filet was ok but the strip was so tough it was not edible. Yesterday I purchased cube steaks which are a much less expensive cut but are usually tenderized with their processing. These cube steaks could not even be cut with steak knives and were disposed of.

Having a reputation for being the "beef people" their quality has become inedible. In addition, you have to check dates on all products as many have already passed their sell date and are still on the shelves. The dairy products sour prior to their expiration date and overall the personnel only laugh at you when you complain. I have made my last shopping trip to the #218 Store at Hiatus and Sheridan in Cooper City. What a shame that someone does not care about the customer base or products they sell.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

Moved to Florida so first time at Winn Dixie. Store was clean, nice employees, etc. I bought a package of beef for stew that was almost $6 a pound. When I got it home, I have to cut about 6 ounces of it because it was grizzle and fatty. So a third of the meat was throw out. The butcher who packed it should be fired for allowing that to be put out for sale. Store is in Tampa on Race Track Rd, store number 2517. I wrote to store and complained and they ignored me. Don't buy meat at Winn Dixie.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2017

Winn Dixie is good to shop for shelf items. Their customer service is great and I have no problems with them. I prefer not to buy my meat from them though. Their meat is very pricey and I don't like the quality of it.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2017

I like the atmosphere in this smaller store. The categories are labeled so that you can find what you are looking for easily. Parking is easy and you do not have to walk a long way.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2017

They closed a store close to us and we thought going to another store about 2 miles away would be better but we were wrong. The products are out of date and their use of various tricks to make people believe they are getting best prices but in reality they are higher than other stores.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2017

Winn Dixie has everything that others have for sale but usually cheaper in price. Their meat selection is also better in selection and price. The appearance of the store isn't as flashy as others but I'd rather save money.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2017

The quality of this store seems to have taken a downward slide. Very small produce section with limited selection. Deli counter employees very unfriendly.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2017

They really need to do something about their frozen foods. They are either thawed or in one chunk ice cube i.e. their vegetables. I have asked them about it and they said it was corrected... but it wasn't. It's a shame because the employees are really very nice and professional and the store is conveniently located.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2017

The store is always clean and the employees are always friendly and helpful. The only problem that I have is that sometimes the produce section isn't full and there is produce past the point of selling.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2017

Winn Dixie features fresh produce and meat. It also has good values on many products and goods. It has products and items on sale weekly, which are good values. It has good values on one item for sale, and the other free. Some items appear a little expensive, but no more than other groceries in area.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2017

I go to a store in Jacksonville. Florida... there's an upscale version of same, but I go the other older stores because it's closer. Publix has been $1 for decades. There's a reason for that. Instead of SE Grocers going through CEOs like clockwork, all they need to do is copy Publix. The Winn Dixie store in question uses cashiers who dress however they like and the males are usually unkempt. Checkout speeds are either slow or reasonably fast. There don't seem to be any standards. When Customer Service is open, there doesn't seem to be much incentive to "service" people quickly.

The pharmacy is inhabited by people who seem to consider customers an inconvenience. Their new brand of beef, Rancher's Home, has all the flavor of a paper towel. SE Grocers' brands are, on the whole, sub-par. I'll never buy any again. There's a reason they sell for less money, and it tastes like it does. Their fried chicken is why I buy mine at Publix. The company's way of cost-cutting is to fire employees who are paid much over minimum wage, and instead of replacing them, force one employee to do the work of two. Winn Dixie have been trashed for at least 30 years, and they'll always be what they are, because they don't care.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2017

When I go to Winn Dixie, sometimes they can be nice, are be rude to me or when I need help at the checkout stand they make me go all the way back places where I need to check my prices to make sure the prices are right because they will not do it for me. That is not right.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2017

Customer service desk is only opened from 9am - 8pm. This does not align with store hours. Guests can only receive customer service if they happen to shop at those times, but if you go to Publix, their counter is opened the entire time the store is opened. They also have a $30 loading minimum for JEA pre pay customers. However, if you go to Publix, you may place any amount you'd like. I spoke with the manager Aaron. The company is even cutting back employee hours when the lines are already extremely long. This store and many others in Jacksonville are going down. Why not have your customers leave excited about their experience instead of regretting coming. Sad...

Original review: July 29, 2017

I've tried shopping here at Winn Dixie in Dunnellon, Fl. It's a constant struggle understanding their coupon policy as it changes every visit. It is not a consistent policy and it changes daily. Ask one cashier and they will take 5 coupons per transaction, another says 5 per day, another says 1 per day. Terrible customer service. Shop Publix if possible; their policies are consistent across the chain. Also, Publix doesn't treat customers like a second class person. Whatever happened to "customer is always right." I mean if you're going to have a coupon policy; make it consistent. Enough of the bait and switch practice. Also, This Winn Dixie store NEVER has enough sale items on hand. Stay away from this store unless you have no alternative. I'm planning on contacting the Attorney General regarding these policies.

Original review: June 7, 2017

0 points in the last week. I live very close to the Winn Dixie on Chaffee Rd. I do not drive so it is very convenient for me to get a ride there. As far as the store goes it is fine, I love the cashiers and bag boys etc... Now the pharmacy is a different story. The only nice person in the pharmacy is Carmen, the rest John, Aida and their people who check you out are awful. I've been getting prescriptions for 10 years from there, I tolerated them for that long. I called them yesterday about a prescription and they were so rude, I called the manager Chris ** and reported them to him.

I went in today to pick up a prescription and was treated rude, talked to ugly. It wasn't an experience I would want anybody to go through. The manager did not do his job, I left the store and regretfully told my friends upfront I would not be back. They are great and I will miss them, but to lose a customer of 10 years is not good for their reputation. I will post this everywhere I can. Sick people do not need to be treated like they don't matter. If I could give no stars I would. If you take a lot of medicine, I would not recommend going there. They ignore you and talk about you to each, they judge people.

Original review: June 3, 2017

I have been a Winn Dixie customer for over 50 years. I first began shopping there when I had to watch every penny spent for money was a scarce commodity even though I hated the filth of those stores back in those days. I stayed with Winn Dixie in later years because I could see how hard they were trying to clean up their business. Stores were looking consistently cleaner and very much more customer appealing. Also, the personnel were being much better trained in the way of customer service and personal appearance.

The new card program is a disaster. It did nothing for the customer. It is not near as rewarding as the old program. The help has been cut to the bone. I went into store # 630 today; (my usual store), and the produce department was decimated. Empty shelves. I then went on to the deli dept. All the shelves for made sandwiches were completely empty. The new Ranch Home meats are terrible thus threatening Winn Dixie's long held leadership position as the meat people. That in itself is a huge consideration.

I'm not sure what I'm going to do going forward. There are plenty of other places to shop around here. The personnel at this store are all hard workers in all depts. From the manager on down they need to be commended on their efforts during a difficult time. Prior to retirement, I was operations manager for a large company and worked hundreds of people throughout my career therefore I feel qualified to make the foregoing statement concerning your personnel. From where I sit, it seems to be topside management that needs training because all I've seen in the last year or so is them shooting themselves in the foot.

Original review: May 26, 2017

WD Steaks USDA Choice steaks use to be great... last few months have been hit or miss. Now just tough... not like use to be. Now the cheaper steaks also USDA now called Rancher's house is same Mexican import steak... New label. So be careful even buying their WD brand. Also Smithfield back ribs labeled as so... with Winn Dixie label marking as baby back are not baby back. Smithfield has marked baby back ribs package and labeled as such... and differently not tender as anything but reg. ribs.

Original review: May 17, 2017

I have been shopping at Winn Dixie for many a year and am finding the quality of certain products are diminishing. The deli meat is starting to go bad a day or two sooner than before. I buy the meat on Sunday for the work week and it starts going bad by Wednesday. Similar with fruit such as Blackberries and (especially) Raspberries and the imported Cherry tomatoes. They are going bad by Wednesday too.

Original review: May 5, 2017

Since Winn Dixie has made the changeover to the Plenti card and has also changed some of the "store brands" they carry, I have noticed that prices have gone up, significantly. Butter is now a dollar higher - yet it says it is a "low price/discount." I'm very disappointed. I have decided to go to Walmart for the mainstay of my groceries and shop at Winn Dixie only for convenience when buying one or two items at most. I am disappointed and dissatisfied. Winn Dixie seems to have become a "Publix wannabe."

Original review: April 28, 2017

I know a lot of people go to KFC and Publix for fried chicken. But boy! Today I had 8 piece variety. It was perfectly seasoned. (Not too much sodium.) Very tasty for only 6 bucks. All other fried chickens out there sucked. Love it, love it. Best fried chicken ever. (Gotta be fresh though just cooked.)

Original review: April 23, 2017

I've shopped at what was my favorite Winn Dixie for at least 15 yrs. On March 31 when doing my shopping I was constantly getting shocked almost every time I picked up something. It was so bad I had others helping me get my items. Other people were complaining to me about the same thing. They just weren't getting as bad of shocks. I have a steel rod in my back which made it worse for me. I ask about 5 employees what was going on. I was told they had waxed the floors and didn't buff them out yet to the fact they had new carts. One time I went to get ice cream out of the freezer and I could actually feel such a strong energy coming at my hand that I backed off. I went to customer service and the girl came and got the ice cream. I just felt if I had touched that door something really bad was going to happen.

Then when I reached for a can of tuna, before my hand even touched the can this static went into my hand and let out a very loud pop like a firecracker. I was in tears at that time. I went to the store manager and he told me three others had already complained about the same thing. He also blamed it on the waxed floors to the new carts. When I got home I was literally shaken up and in tears. I called their corporate because I was concerned about the safety of others that day. Basically they were going to look into it. After their so called investigation I was told no one else complained that day therefore they couldn't verify my story. I was furious that they could even say this. I know for a fact that others were getting shocked in just the hour I was there.

I even wrote the CEO of the company but he turned me over to someone else that basically said, he had never heard of this happening before this and no one else complained. He even told me the store manager wanted to fill out a report on me and I refused. The manager never even ask my name and he sure never ask me to fill out a report. Since my surgery 6 plus yrs. ago I have never ever had this happen while grocery shopping. Instead of telling me what was causing this they tried to say there was nothing wrong that day. They finally offered me a gift card for $250.00 for Winn Dixie. How could I accept something I would be afraid to use.

If they could have just admitted there was a problem that day and they were going to fix it none of this would have happened. I loved shopping there and some of the products you can't get anywhere else. I just felt like after I complained they were bound and determined to cover this up. What a shame I lost my favorite grocery store and they lost a good customer.

Original review: April 11, 2017

When I go shopping there I find that their products they Now display are products I never heard of them in my whole life. The card does absolutely nothing. It's the same as the old one. The new advertisement they want people to think that changes were made. Not so. Perks for the gas another joke. 95% of people going shopping today in Florida are senior citizens so they don't use gas a lot so by the time they need gas the perks are gone so what good does it do senior citizens. Absolutely nothing. When I go up and down the aisles I speak to these elderly people. They're all in agreement. It doesn't help them at all. Prices down when you buy their food or some unknown brand. Mostly all the name brand food are gone. I need to know what I'm eating is the best. The new Winn-Dixie card does nothing. It's the same. So why join. I rather go shopping somewhere. I don't need to join like Publix and still get the bargains.

Original review: March 18, 2017

Winn Dixie Yulee has repeatedly overcharged me for at least one item EVERY time I have shopped there. Not every other time, but EVERY time. And the cashiers are always argumentative when this is pointed out to them. Yesterday I tried to buy eight cartons of Atkins shakes, with a rain check for a BOGO. The price of the carton is $6.49. The items rang up at $7.79 each. I told the girl this was wrong. She asked another girl to check it. The other girl did something on another register and said "yes, it's $7.79". I said "let's go over to the item and look at the price", which we did. $6.49. Since my raincheck was the BOGO and I had eight items, the cashier took four off and left the other four at $7.79. I told her that wasn't right. She told me it WAS right because she took four off! There was no reasoning with this girl, who couldn't do the math.

She called over someone else. Now there are FOUR of us at the checkout, working on this apparently complex mathematical quandary. I asked this person to please void everything out and we would start over and she said "No". She was going to fix it, at which point the entire story was relayed to her, AGAIN. She then asked "So, what is the problem?". I explained to her that the items were $6.49, not $7.79. She said "Well it's a buy-one-get-one, so I'll just take four off". It was then that I surrendered, and thanked them all and left the store, empty handed. I will now shop at the WD on the Island, where they don't try to overcharge me every single time, like the Yulee store.

There must have a very high profit margin at the Yulee store because not every shopper checks their receipt, so the store is just raking in the dough when the overcharge goes unchallenged. WD Yulee has been trying to rip me off for four years, and I have been catching it for four years, but no more. I'm DONE with it. What a disgrace to the grocery industry, who pretty much is performing a public service. Perhaps someone with authority should look into this ongoing scam.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2017

I shop at Winn Dixie in Miramar because is the closest supermarket to me and every time I go this one cashier name Josue is extremely rude. If he's not on his cellphone he's talking to another associate. He's very rude, doesn't have any customer service skills, doesn't greet the customers, always looks mad. He has the nerve to laugh in my face when I complain about something at the register. He's unprofessional and for those reasons I'll be taking my business elsewhere. I tried calling the manager to make him/her aware of the situation and the staff kept putting me on hold for a long time and hanging up. I don't recommend this place because of the cashiers. They make your experience unpleasant especially if you deal with Josue.

Winn Dixie Company Information