Winn Dixie

Compare Supermarkets

Research top Supermarkets recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I'm a 59 years old temporary disable female, which went into the Winn-Dixie store at 73 St SW 59th Ave, and I was treated like garbage, I never been so humiliated in my life. I was shopping for some food, with my scooter since I can't walk because of surgery on my right foot, and no one offered to help. Once I was at the register cashing out still there was no help offered. My bag were left on top of the register for me to try to hang them from my scooter, of course at this point they are all falling on the floor, and I had to try to picked them up. Still no help offered.

I go directly to Customer Service to talk to the manager. The lady named **, kept telling to wait. I'm standing for about 15 minutes waiting at this point crying and hyperventilating because of nothing that I could do for myself, and there was no help whatsoever. Now I know how permanent disable people feel when they have to face such an ugly situation.

When I saw that it was still taking too long I started talking directly to the lady in question, trying to explain what a poor customer service they had, then another worker pass by me, without even saying "Excuse me," with my grocery bags fallen on the floor, and he didn't even bother to offer to pick them up for me. At this point ** saw everything and still nothing happened, so when I started talking to her about the poor customer service she replied, "Sorry," still my bags on the floor and no help offered. I really encourage customers specially disable not to go to Winn-Dixie specially this location, they have no manners and they shouldn't be open to the public. Us disabled people are humans and deserve to be treated as such.

Let me begin by saying I don't shop at winn dixie but I converted one month ago from shopping at publix. I spend approx. $600.00 a month on food and like everyone else, I work very, very, very hard for what I earn. I decided to give a try and I have had the worst experience with the same cashier two weeks in a row. His name is not on my receipt. It is store no. 0221. It was on 9-17-16 at 5:44 pm, young hispanic male. This cashier refused to print me a receipt before cashing me out. I am diligent with my money and only had 130.00 to spend this week. I counted it out exactly and when the total came up to 144.52, I knew something was wrong.

I asked to see a receipt or print a copy of one so I could pay at customer service, literally 15 steps from his register, because I knew he had overcharged me... he refused. I had to bag my own groceries and on top of it, I had to overpay because he rang up a few items an extra 2-3 times. This isn't the first time... it's the second time in 2 weeks. I had to be sent to customer service to wait for my refund of 15.84 which he overcharged and was told that I needed to wait 3-4 business days even though I used debit.

This man is stealing from your customers. Under the directive of your store manager. Her name begins with an "a". I went up to her after seeing her in the parking lot, explained to her my concerns and she didn't do a thing. She did not write my name down, she did not say, "I will handle it", nothing. Needless to say, I had hoped your "customer service" dept would handle the overage but nope. I instead received the pleasure of meeting samantha, a girl who can't count but knows how to roll her eyes.

After 3x of showing her the grapes were on sale for 1.50/Lb... after a colleague showed her the 1.50/lb sign, she proceeded to argue with me, roll her eyes some more and refuse to make good on what was an error in the product placement. I gave her back the grapes and had them removed from the bill. All in all, it's not worth the savings of 5.00 give or take to deal with the rude, disrespectful staff, the uncooperative management team, the inconsideration and purposeful overcharging and theft of your organization. I will return to publix where customer service has you beat hands down. I am disappointed and annoyed at the sheer lack of any professionalism and while I understand these are teenagers, there's no reason for poor management.

On my way home from work stopped in to pick up a few items. Italian sausage was on my list. I went by the meat department and noticed a great deal on ground beef. The sign in the cooler stated it was $1.50/lb when total purchase exceeds $30.00 limit one per customer. I wasn't planning on spending that amount. When my purchases totaled up at the register ~$34.00 I asked the cashier to hang on as no one was in line, I quickly ran back and grabbed a package of the ground beef and add it to the bill. It rang up as regular price. I brought this to the attention of the cashier. He was unaware of what to do (seemed new, no biggie). He asked for assistance from another cashier who stated the sale ended the 5th. A representative from management was nearby and informed the cashiers the sale was still going and proceeded to riffle through my bagged up groceries.

He pulled out a bottle of wine I had purchased and told me this was the reason it would not ring up with the sale price. No problem, just a bit of ground beef. The cashier asked me to complete a survey at the bottom of my receipt. Looking at the receipt I noticed a customer service number. I decided to call customer service to inform the management there is no notice on the meat department sign about the purchase of alcohol not being allowed for sale items. I call the customer service number. It rang and rang and rang. After about a minute of ringing I decided to keep count...31 additional rings before an answer. I asked to speak with Mr. ** who openly stated the pillaging of my purchases was not the way to handle the transaction. My point was to bring to his attention the mis-marking of the sale.

I was not really concerned with the transaction, more with the idea that Winn-Dixie should mark their sales with all the stipulations. He asked what I wanted to make it right? I had no idea, I didn't really expect anything. I told him I have no idea what he could do? He then got a bit aggressive with his tone. He asked what do I want? Again, I have no idea what he could do. I told him I don't know. He stated he could fire the employees. I asked him why he would do that for a hunk of meat. He degraded the conversation into calling me a jerk, a little man and immature. Then stating he wanted me to come in and see him face to face so he could see what I looked like, and how I wouldn't dare talk to him in person. Customer care at its finest. A+ Winn-Dixie leadership.

I purchased two boxes of instant oatmeal around the fourth or fifth of August. Today, August twenty-seventh, I made a bowl of oatmeal. I initially only used TWO packs of (raisin & spice) oatmeal from the variety box but then had to add another pack (apples & cinnamon) due to adding too much water! As I'm eating, something nips my tongue and I realize... IT'S A FINGERNAIL! I think it's from the Apples and Cinnamon box. I ate some a few days ago and had a similar issue except I "assumed" it was from using a dirty bowl, so I immediately threw it away. I am seriously sick to my stomach!!!

I'm walking down the aisles and all the buy one get one free items are marked up twice so it is not a true sale price like Publix BOGO. What a freaking scam. Clams casinos (6 for $9.99) BOGO, well, the market price is $3.69 elsewhere. Who pays $6.99 for a pack of bacon then say BOGO, I can get a pack for $3.00. Consumers are not that stupid.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Winn Dixie?

Hello. I shop at my Winn Dixie at least twice a week. I like the selection of products and the people that work there. However, I don't buy Bunny sliced bread from Winn Dixie anymore. I prefer to get my supply of Bunny Bread from my corner food store, or lately, I have been getting the bread I need from Walmart Superstore. Shopping at Walmart is a bigger hassle and I prefer not to but they have the best Bunny Bread in town. It's always fresh and STAYS FRESH until it's gone. Bunny Bread or any other bread product at Winn Dixie on the shelves always has a reasonable freshness date, but it doesn't stay fresh for very long. By the second day after purchasing the Bunny Bread the bread is dry. Everyone in my family complains it's stale and won't eat it.

I have mention this to the Winn Dixie store manager several times and have seen no change. Once while standing in line wait to check out a customer in front of me said the same thing to the store clerk. The following week I was shopping again and noticed a guy restocking the shelves with Bunny bread. I asked him why does bread bought from here go stale so quickly. I was surprised he had an answer to my question. He said it's where the bread is kept on the shelves in the store. Right across the aisle from the eggs and cheese coolers. The air in this area is very dry because of the coolers and causes the bread to dry out more quickly. Walmart doesn't keep their bread near the coolers. I guess my question is why and what does Winn Dixie plan to do about this problem? I can't continue to shop at two different grocery stores. Thank you.

A Winn-Dixie employee wearing a long black wig with bright red/purple streak, double lashes, long false nails, chased me into the parking lot yelling falsely accusing me of shoplifting. She was twice my size and half my age and I was scared for my safety. I have seen so many stories about employees attacking alleged shoplifters. I was in the store for a short time to price check cat food NEVER touching one single piece of merchandise.

I just got off the phone with Adrian the risk management supervisor who's # I was given to resolve this matter, and he actually told me that the insane employees behavior was acceptable. I have repeatedly told them to review the store's security video to verify what happened to me. Adrian told me, "No we don't ever do that when someone makes a complaint about an employee". It's no wonder the ghetto trash they hire behaves this way. They know Winn-Dixie won't hold them accountable for their bad behavior. SHAME ON YOU WINN-DIXIE!!!

To begin with have always liked Winn Dixie because of their meat and also the French bread in their bakery and until recently they always had intelligent people employed there. But the past 2 days I am changing my opinion. A few months ago they changed their store policy on coupons where you could use a coupon on both BOGO items. So yesterday I had 4 items and 4 coupons. I had a cashier online 5 that has been there quite a while checking me out. She got to the 4 coupons and had a dumbfounded look on her face.

The cashier from line 6 whose register was next to mine was just standing there at end of register. I only had 9 items, so she did not need to bag. She started telling me about how I could not use but one item on the bogo items because the 2nd item was free. Now Casey is very new and still has training cashier on her badge. When I walked in a man with some beer was standing at line 6 if asked if there was a cashier online 6, since the light was on. And she returned from where she was wandering around talking and checked him out.

I asked them to call manager, but they called the girl on front end and she did not know anything either except that according to her it said on website, "You could only use 1 coupon on the bogo's." I tried to talk to my cashier, but Casey interrupted and did all of the talking. I had customers lining up behind me and I told her she should go to her own register and check out customers. She just kept saying WE could not take the coupons.

Finally both the manager and assistant made it to the register and Casey still stood there even though I had gotten a line behind me, and I told the manager that she had just stood there and arguing with me instead of going to her own register and checking out customers. They told her to go to her register and the manager said that I could use the 4 coupons. I remember saying that Casey's father must own Winn Dixie and that she must be the manager because she knew more than everyone else. I may have said she was stupid, but not to her face.

Today I went back to Winn Dixie. There is a limit on number of coupons, but today is a different day. I got a few items and went to check out. Just so happened that the cashier today was one of them that was there yesterday and said I could only use 2. I told her that I did not want to go through that again today. I also told her that she was there and knew what the manager said. Instead of calling the manager as I requested, she call the girl from service desk. She asked if she was going to let me use all 4 coupons and the reply was yes. I told the service desk person that I went through that yesterday with that other stupid cashier. The service assistant got mad and said I was not going to call her cashiers stupid and we had a word or 2 and she slammed my items in bag. 6 items were 2 litre cokes and I got to car, took them out and 2 of the bags had holes in seams of bags and drinks were coming through.

This happens all of the time. You get home and before you get to the house, the drinks come through bags. or the handles break from weight. Since I have already made everyone in store angry already, I took drinks back in and the front end cashier resacked them and doubled the bags. She was not nice and informed me that they were not allowed to double bag. I then asked for Mike, the store manager. He came up and I told him that the bags always have holes in bottom and drinks fall through. She could not show him because she had already thrown the bags away. Of course the bags at service desk did not have any holes. I told him what she said abt double bagging and he said it was ok if customer requested. She said yes that was what she told me. But that was not what she had told me.

He asked me if I had called his cashier stupid again. I said, "Yes I said that today, but did not recall calling her stupid yesterday," and he said he heard me. I thought about this after I left and wondered why he did not say anything yesterday if he actually heard me telling her that. He told me all about he was not going to put up with me calling his cashiers stupid. Our conversation would be through but our conversation got really interesting then. I told him I wished Elaine was still there. She was there a long time and had retired last year. He then told me that she did not do her job and let everything go through and about how much abuse there was in couponing. I said, "You mean I cannot tell you your stupid employee is stupid but you can tell me a customer that a retired employee was a bad employee??" That really did make me angry. I only knew her from store and she was considered and cared about the customers.

I told him that they could not keep employees anymore and that they got them and they would put toilet bowl cleaner and detergents with vegetables and dry boxed food and that was just stupid. Again he said I was calling his employees stupid and he would not put up with it. I said, "O.k. then, we will say it is not right." He said they were all kids and wasn't I ever young and didn't I ever make a mistake? I told him they were not all kids and at what age would they be adults? He said now it may not be until they were 42. I told him he was wrong about these so called kids and decided when the Winn Dixie here goes out of business, it will be him who caused it and also his thinking.

This statement is for Mike. "I know a lot of the employees who do not fit into his kids category even though he would call them kids, I guess because of their age. There are kind, considerate and knowledgeable. A lot are a little older and some are guys." Mike said, "Casey was a nice, smart, pretty girl who thought she was helping." But to me seems this all began because of her and all she had to do was be where she belonged and checking out the customers instead of keeping the customers lined up for the next cashier whose line was at a standstill.

Mike, please be a little nicer to the guys you send out in the rain to get the buggies and a little less protective of the sweet, smart, pretty less than 20 year olds... who throw my tomatoes and they hit the end of the checkout or put my bananas and bread in with the canned goods or the detergents and chemicals with my dry, boxed food. Stop thinking this is just a mistake they make because they are just kids and give them some training so we get what we pay for!!!

I was in this store recently and had an extremely horrible experience with the store manager named Tim. I was having issues with WIC and the cashier was trying to help me figure out where it went wrong. Normally I am able to get the B1G1 items with my WIC. So the cashier was trying to help and Tim comes over and asked the cashier "What is taking so long? Why are you having such an issue?" So we explained that for whatever reason it wasn't taking the B1G1 off and he said that I was not allowed to do that. I explained to him that I did it last month with the B1G1 Shredded Mini Wheats. And he said and I quote "That's impossible. there is no way that you can do that. Whoever allowed that is going to get in serious trouble." I said "The system took it off, it wasn't manually done." And he told me there was no way that it did it.

At this time he is at the front counter arguing with me about the system allowing my B1G1. Then he looked at the cashier and stated "You need to get this done and get her out of here. I have already had three people walk out. This is making us lose business." I felt that was VERY unprofessional and it upset me highly. So I left all of my stuff on the counter and walked out myself leaving the whole order unpaid for on the counter. I have never felt so disrespected at a Winn-Dixie store in my life. Since this was my last day I was able to redeem my WIC benefits I ended up losing FIVE cans of formula because my benefits were expiring at midnight and this store was the only one with the Enfamil AR formula I needed on top of the 90 cents in fuel perks that I qualified for with my purchase. It was just such an upsetting experience and I felt the need to bring it to the attention of corporate. All business is important to our local grocery stores.

I lost my card and was advised I needed to sign up for a new card, use the card at Winn Dixie to activate the new card, call the 800 number to have the two cards merged in order to accumulate the previous activity (groceries and fuel perks) onto the new card. I did that and they could not find any activity on the old card. I gave them a description of my past use and where it was purchased. I explained that I had continued to use the grocery card but to the fuel perks so they should have been accumulating.

They could not find my activity. We compared addresses. We compared zip codes. The agent excused herself to finish the merge of the two cards. Ok I'll wait. The came back on said she was done and have a nice day. REALLY? I still don't have credit for my past activity and she COMPLETELY ignored that. She did her little task and done. UGH. I hate Winn Dixie - always have. Hello Publix and Fresh Market - I'm back. Inexcusable ignorant customer service.

Recently my wife and I celebrated our birthdays which are separated by a week. My mother of 68 years of age bought my wife and I two Universal Studios gift cards of 50$ each for our birthdays from Winn Dixie on Malabar Rd in Palm Bay, Fl. She is not of good health. She has a hard time getting around since her knee replacement surgeries. My mother lives close to the Winn Dixie aforementioned so she does a lot of her grocery shopping there. At the time of purchase she asked the cashier if they were refundable, and the cashier assured her it wasn't a problem as long as she kept the receipt. So me and my wife decide it's not a good idea for us to go because of health issues we have. So we return to the location of purchase and the Winn Dixie manager Sabrina tells us there is anything she's going to do as far as refunding our money with the cards. Receipt and all in hand.

Then Sabrina attempts to point on the receipt where it's suppose to say they were non refundable... I guess what the cashier didn't include that part of the receipt. Oops that's our fault as customers too I guess. So I get Winn Dixie's corporate number from Sabrina. I call Winn Dixie - they tell me that it's up to Universal. I call Universal - they tell me Winn Dixie suppose to refund that. I spoke with multiple people on multiple occasions from both customer service centers. So I finally get Universal to talk to Winn Dixie on the phone. The Universal rep told me that Winn Dixie would just have to make a phone call to them with the information of the sale but I would physically have to go to the store to do this. Which is fine with us.

Although I requested the Universal rep to keep me on the line while she spoke to Sabrina from Winn Dixie, she put me on hold instead. So obviously she comes back on the line with me and pretty much just repeating everything Sabrina told me at the store. Way to try and solve a situation there (Sarcasm). So I ask the Universal rep "what happen with Winn Dixie calling you guys with the sale info?" She then tells me most of their vendors of their gift cards usually follow that procedure but I guess not Winn Dixie. So I ask her then "why would you have your name on a product although it's being sold by someone else, that puts your customers in these predicaments?" I then let her know that no matter whoever is truly dropping the ball here it reflects just as poorly on Universal as it does Winn Dixie. But why would either entity care... they got their money regardless already I suppose.

Lower their prices, clean the store, have a better selection of food, not so many side items. Are they a grocery store or a mini-Walmart? They need to decide. Prices and selection are the most critical to me. Then, customer service. And, unfortunately, this Winn Dixie falls short in all three categories. I do like the fact they have Louisiana products, but the prices are so high, they aren't realistic choices. Surely, prices of local goods should be CHEAPER than stock shipped in from outside the state.

Be more customer friendly. Sometimes I go in and they are very nice then sometimes I go in and they act like I am bothering them. Poor customer service - I have put my groceries back because of it and I told the manager why I did it. Also if things are too high I get them somewhere else. I like their meats. That's mostly what I buy when I go in the store. There is one man in the meat department and he will answer your questions. He will also cut special meat if you want it.

My son worked for Winn-Dixie for 2 years. Neither year did he receive a W-2 from them. When we contacted them about this they said that "You have to go to this website and pay for the W-2". They stated that other companies charge for the W-2s and so do they. I would have to pay for access to print the W-2 at my own home. They also stated that it is not their responsibility to get the W-2s to the employee. They get a third party to print and send the W-2s out. They also said that if USPS doesn't deliver the W-2 then that is not their problem. The website that they referred me to that will charge for the access doesn't even work.

I asked for their manager's name when called back again because they kept passing me around over again to an HR call center for assistance, they said they were getting someone from payroll for me but transferred me to the IRS check refund status hotline. I called back again and they picked up the line and then hung it up immediately. When I called back again they just would not answer. I want to give Winn-Dixie no stars for this experience at all. This is wrong and illegal. I am not sure who all to report this to. If anyone can help with a way to access upper management about this please let me know.

I live around the corner literally 1 block from the Winn Dixie in Hialeah, FL 33012. Me and my wife enjoy cooking fresh meals. Therefore, I frequently visit the supermarket. We have been coming here for 2 years since we moved to the area. A visit to the supermarket that used to take me 10 minutes now takes me 30-35 minutes because there is only 3 registers open at a time and this is a super busy store. Every time that I've made the line it I'm usually 8th in line, on a good day. Each transaction makes an average of 7 minutes. Personal cashiers are not for everyone and self service checkout is not for everyone. There is no need for extreme all or nothing thinking. Ask Barnum. You have to have something to please everyone, it human psychology. My store only had 4 with one attendant and I loved it. Please bring them back.

I am a professional santa claus. I have been trading with this store #271 for 45 years... I was sent a message from the assistant manager kim, through the customer service manager not to give out my business card to customers. The customers know me as santa, as I was santa in store 271 for 5 years, store 255 for 5 years, forest hill Winn Dixie for 3 years and Winn Dixie at jog road all stores in palm beach county. The management teams in the past are very familiar with me as their customer. I feel very disrespected and unappreciated. My wife also worked with Winn Dixie for 31 years and in 4 different management positions in the stores. We were always aware of Winn Dixie's teachings on customer service as being their name. No contact to me to solve this problem has been done.

I DID tell mr. ** a district representative about my situation... I ask him to please contact john which is the main manager of the store to contact me. This happened in December of 2015 and it is now Feb 2016 and nothing has been done for me. I cannot shop in Winn Dixie now as I feel very rejected and unappreciated for all the patronage I have been faithful to do over the years.

I was given a blank receipt for my $83 purchase. When I asked the cashier for a new receipt she told me her receipt printer was not working and I would have to see customer service. Customer service rep told me she did not know how to reprint receipts. She called the manager and he said he could get me a receipt. He went into a back room and did not come out for 15 minutes. Another manager came out and told me they were having a problem figuring out a way to reprint a receipt.

While I was waiting next to customer service counter, two other customers called to let the store know they had been given blank receipts. My original check out time was 5:00pm sharp and I didn't leave the store with a new receipt until 5:46pm. The manager knew I had waited all that time and that I had become upset, but he did not offer me anything. What makes this situation worse is that the store and cashier knew her printer was not functioning properly, and yet they did not close her lane, change or fix her printer, or move her to one of the other 5 open lanes. I have been a loyal customer for the seven years I have lived in Florida. After this experience I don't think I will return to Winn Dixie.

I have been getting my medication filled at Winn Dixie in Starke FL pharmacy. A heavyset guy & a heavyset woman that works that department also. But anyways you stand in the line for the longest for service while they're working right there & looking at the customers standing in line and they won't even say "can I help you" or "some will help you in a moment". They just look at you & continue filling prescription & using Winn Dixie computer. They are very rude, very unfriendly. That's not a professional work team at this pharmacy at all & the sad part about it is that these people have been working at this pharmacy for years with the same miserable nasty attitude & unwilling to assist the customers & pretend that the customers aren't standing there.

I purchased seafood salad at the Winn Dixie at the 5900 Ft Caroline Rd, JAX Fl. in Jan 2016. There were several prepackaged black containers in front of the fish market. I only ate a small amount for dinner and felt fine, went to bed. At 3 am, I awoke to violent pain, cramps, GAS, bloody diarrhea, vomiting -- for hours. Pain for 2 days. I know it was WD food as it was the only thing I ate which was not cooked.

I had dr bills $$$. To get 3 lab tests, $$$. Take electrolytes for 3 days. Give away groceries I had just purchased ($77) because could not eat solids for over a week! Dr wanted me to go to ER. Had to be placed on antibiotics and additional meds, $$$. Had to buy soups, jello, etc., $$$. PAIN and GAS were awful. Lab tests confirmed it was some kind of infection from the food!! Add dr bills and $$$$. Shelf life, cleanliness is NOT stressed at Winn Dixie. I returned the infected food and customer service didn't seem concerned at all or file a complaint about the store having DANGEROUS FOOD. BEWARE. Don't buy their prepared food. Also, their milk is always soured before expiration date.

I started shopping months ago at the Winn Dixie on San Jose Blvd in Jacksonville, Fl. They recently spent months remodeling the store. They changed locations of items in the store almost daily, like a guessing game on where we will put food today. They have now taken out almost all fresh food. No more fresh seafood.100 percent of seafood is prepackaged and extremely limited selection. No fresh pork or chicken products. 100 percent is prepackaged at a remote location. They recently took out all fresh food for lunch. All is now prepackaged under heat lamps.

Do not go here expecting to get a lunch plate. Gone. Dried out fried chicken cooked somewhere sometimes... who knows. I tried to get chops cut for me Saturday. Was told they can not cut chops thick as it is all done remotely. Went in to get their highly advertised $6.00 fried chicken. Found some under a heat lamp cooked hours ago. No vegetables. Still selling shrimp frozen from Thailand that is widely reported as slave shrimp. You have a store in Florida where fresh seafood is everywhere and you sell prepackaged and previously frozen fish and shrimp from Thailand. How sad. No sushi. The good news is there are three Publix stores within a mile and a Fresh Market right down the road. They understand fresh food and a wide variety of products.

My local store has cleaned up their look, image and cleanliness over where it was a few years ago. However there are some food quality and customer service issues. The milk will frequently spoil far prior to the expiration date. This got me very sick one time so I never purchase milk anymore here. The store brand chicken is often slimy and will spoil well before the expiration date. Just tonight it was once again very slimy a good week prior to the expiration date and as I sit here eating my salad the chicken is extremely rubbery. Sometimes it will have perfect taste and texture and other times it's completely misses the mark.

If you return a spoiled item they will just go "Oh" and refund you and that's the end of it. It's like they don't care at ALL about quality control. Both myself and my brother had been buying the fresh fruit bowls for a while but decided it wasn't just a fluke that more times than not the fruit was hard and not ripe at all, and we stopped getting it. Now to customer service. It's next to non-existent. The company seems to mostly hire young workers and usually young girls work the cash registers and they almost always have an attitude. The reason I shop here is the Wal-Mart which is much less expensive overall is a few miles further down the road and I HATE going there unless I have an itch to shop at night and all of the other stores are already closed. I will continue to shop here but I have decided the safety risks of the store meat and milk aren't worth the risk to my health.

I have frequently shopped at two different Winn Dixie locations. One in Doral and one in Hialeah. I understand that mistakes happen by workers and prices may be occasionally inaccurate. Unfortunately, there seems to be a problem every time I go to Winn Dixie. What is even more frustrating to me is when the same price error happens two weeks in a row.

I usually shop early in the morning - between 7am and 8am, and Customer Service doesn't open until 8am. So when there is a problem with the price, the manager has to come and help, or I have to wait until 8am. At both stores, the managers are not friendly and seem annoyed at having to fix the problem with the price. I understand that they may be annoyed that their works made another mistake, but this is not a good way to build relationships with customers. The only reason I go to Winn Dixie is because of their mark down prices on organic items and soon-to-expire dairy items. The rest of my shopping is done at Publix, where the customer service is much better.

Winn Dixie in Englewood Florida on Sunnybrook - I went to the bakery and asked a question. This giant guy was really rude. I asked where I might find a blueberry pie? He said he didn't have time to make any this afternoon, because he was required to help in the deli. Then he walked away laughing. He looked unshaven and moved so slow. Where does Winn Dixie get someone like this?

2 weeks ago I purchased BOGO chicken breasts FROZEN (thinking it would be less risk) from the Winn Dixie on the corner of Johnson St and Palm Ave in Pembroke Pines. As they defrosted in the fridge the package looked like it had a big air bubble in it. I opened the package and the smell hit me in the face. The chicken was smelly and slimy. I returned it to the store and had to deal with the young girl's attitude also. Now again yesterday I went to take advantage of frozen dinner sale and got 3 out 5 dinners expired. Will be returning again and not ever going back.

We go to Winn Dixie for one product only. Today we thought it was on sale and it was not. I went to take a picture of the sale tag to show my family that the item was not on sale and was told by the manager that I was not permitted to take pictures in the store. And he wanted to know why I needed the picture. It was our error - the item was not on sale. However, I felt very uncomfortable the way the "manager" was talking to me. I could not get out of the store fast enough.

I bought two bags of chicken breast from Winn Dixie the day before yesterday. They were on sale BOGO as normal. Today I thawed a bag and planned on using it for dinner (BIG MISTAKE). A piece of one of the breast was green! I will no longer be buying any meat items from Winn Dixie, unless it is a brand I trust which theirs I no longer do...

They never care if you're there, they never care if you buy anything, and they never care if you have a problem. It's been this way for years and is shame. They used to be really good many, many, many years.

The bag guy didn't put an almost ten dollar item in my cart. I got home and once I realized the item was missing there was a violent thunderstorm, so I filled out the survey and requested to be called. No one called. Everyday we've had violent and unpredictable thunderstorms, so I didn't want to go back to the store. (I'm in FL.)

I am currently employed by Winn Dixie. I am a mother and a wife and currently going to school full time getting my associate degree DMS. Anyways, I have been an extreme couponer for over 2 years now. I watch for deals and I buy them or if they are out of the product (normal issue at my location) I get a raincheck. Now here is 1 of many issues. I usually get a raincheck for let's say spaghetti sauce is 3 for 5 then I have a coupon 1.00 off 2. My store director told me the raincheck can only be for a limited number of 2. I have searched the web high and low and no raincheck policy. So if the ad say no limit as many you can get but my store director says only 2?!?! That is absurd. When I do my shopping it's off the clock in normal clothes and my director approach me asking where I get my coupons?! Seriously again. I get them on my own time and that is none of her business. Who is she to ask me when I am off the clock on my own time. This is harassment.

I could list numerous complaints of which at least 1 or 2 happen EVERY TIME I go to Winn Dixie. Always a very long wait at the register. I recommend bringing a book to read while you wait. I'm not exaggerating! Make sure to check the date and/or quality and smell and appearance (basically all 5 senses). Check everything to make sure it is not expired or rotten so you don't become violently ill. Also, the prices are always wrong. At least one or more of the items in your cart will ring up a different price than was on the sign.

If you actually make it to the register and meet your cashier, don't expect them to talk to you or be polite or bag your groceries. I've shopped and also worked at WINN DIXIE and even as an employee (even with a 5% employee discount) I found it faster, better and more enjoyable to stop at a Publix on my way home and shop. If you have to think that hard and inspect your food and wait FOREVER to pay for expired/rotten food why bother? These things I am NOT JOKING. Have happened to me Every time I have stepped foot in a Winn Dixie.

Winn Dixie Company Profile