1.58/5
Based on 149 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

184 Winn Dixie Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: July 10, 2018

This store is a joke. Every single time I go there it’s a problem. This time I’m running in for 6 items at 11:45 and go to the service desk and they are closed and instruct me to the express lane and when I go there they also say they are closed. What awful service. If you close at 12 then close at 12... I then said, "What terrible customer service," and when leaving I was at the door and said I should just take a photo to send to corporate and the employee that should be dismissed yelled CHEESE at me... I urge the powers that be to please watch the cameras at approx 11:45 and watch the service... excuse “lack of service” and make necessary adjustments. Hopefully the CHEESE lady will learn customer service skills as well as the service desk people who never even looked up or said a kind word... Please watch the joke of service on the cameras. Thanks and hopefully your store tightens up.

Original review: July 6, 2018

Winn Dixie carries SE Grocers brand hamburger and hot dog buns. These items are the worst "bakery" goods I have ever eaten. They are doughy, gummy, soggy and do not toast, but will actually burn before fully cooking inside. Winn Dixie also sells old stock on sale. Be very careful when purchasing items on "weekly special" because you may have to eat them immediately. In many cases the prices are more than Publix, and in almost all cases more than Walmart. There are a very few good deals so I shop very carefully.

Get expert buying tips about Grocery Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 7, 2018

Last Thursday my son went to the store on 4th Street to get our groceries. We needed meat so he checked things out and bought chicken and pork and some reduced steak... for himself. The chicken breasts said it was injected with broth and water or something. When I put the chicken in the pan to cook, the pan was full of chicken cutlets, when it was done cooking it had shrunk up a lot. The pork was one of the boneless loins, a half portion. There was a big sticker over everything but the price and weight. No expiration date. It wasn't the Hormel brand that we usually get. I cut the package open to cut it into meal size of 2 small roasts. I smelled something that I thought was just a pork smell. I didn't smell anything while it was cooking and when I took it out I let it sit about 15 minutes then cut it. I was still getting a pork smell.

We sat down to eat and each took 2 bites. My son put his plate aside and said, "This is rancid". I agreed with him. I had cooked it to 150 but when I Googled rancid pork it said you might have to wait for two weeks before you get sick. OMG. The article also said to take a probiotic for that amount of time to fight the bacteria in the meat. The other piece is in the freezer. The part we started to eat is in the trash. When I went to the kitchen to clean up I could smell the rancid smell. It was disgusting. I washed every thing with Clorox cleaner. It has bleach in it.

I have noticed that since the SE groceries took over the quality of that brand is something from a third world country. The canned fruit has much more juice than the name brand. They are trying to get out of bankruptcy at the expense of the customers. They must be buying rejects from Publix. We don't go there much now. We have been going to Publix most of the time but they are expensive.

Original review: May 26, 2018

I went to Winn Dixie November 28, 2017. There was muddy water on the floor by the frozen food case in the middle of the floor. The manager walked right by the area about a minute to me arriving to the muddy wet area; however, he did not clean, say or do nothing about the hazardous conditions. When I arrived to the area, you would have thought that I had on skates, I was slipping and sliding, but trying to hold on the freezer so I tried to prevent me from hitting the ground. However, in the midst I was injured. When I got my balance up good enough because it indeed was a performance, I went and got the manager who was nearby and the one who passed by the area before I did. He went and got an employee to clean up the area that had no signs, no employee trying to protect the safety of the customers, but I reported the hazardous conditions and stayed until they cleaned it up so no one else got hurt.

As a result Winn Dixie offered me a family pack of free chicken and a gift card from Risk Management, Felecia, but when I declined, Winn Dixie and their third party administrator/insurance (Sedgwick) (Katie, Sedgwick Claim Adjuster, Kristen **, Supervisor of Katie Sedgwick Risk Management), decided after reviewing the video and seeing that I am an ** Woman, I committed fraud and identity theft of a decease person (however, the social security number was my own and I have worked many years in government county, state government and federal government with level two background clearances).

Unbelievable, they are so comfortable with it that they put it in writing with my right social security number and said nothing will happen to them. Wow, Winn Dixie, but you want forgiveness and filed bankruptcy in Delaware Federal Courts. How dare you for being so shady, ignoring my calls, lying, making excuses and you could have ruin my career/my life just because you do not want to pay a claim. You have sided up with one of the most illegal and unethical tactics companies ever, Sedgwick. Their reputation speaks for itself. They practice and feels so comfortable with their behavior that they constantly use illegal and unethical tactics. They have been sued by several people including sued by the State of California for practicing illegal and unethical tactics.

Winn Dixie (Kim, Manager of Risk Management and Mike, Director of Risk Management) should be ashame of yourself. To get mercy, you have to give mercy. What you both have done is try to ruin me as a strong, beautiful ** woman, but you lose. I helped save you from many lawsuits by protecting you, but in return you tried to destroy me. It is a horrible thing that you and Sedgwick have done and your actions prove that you are comfortable with illegal and unethical tactics.

Everyone who has been done wrong by Winn Dixie and/or Sedgwick report them to your Insurance Commission, Governor, US Senators, US Congress, House of Representatives, complain to the White House Constituents Services, the trustee who is handling their case (Southeastern Grocers LLC, Case # ** in Delaware Federal Bankruptcy Courts) the Judge ** who is handling Winn Dixie's (Southeastern Grocers LLC ) **, they only know and can help when we tell.

Original review: April 23, 2018

Waited to check out for 10 minutes in line when a lady manager picked someone at the far line and brought them to her line that she was opening. That couple arrived in line well after I did and she on purpose did this because I noticed her checking the situation earlier and she knew I had waited much longer. I shop the Williston Winn Dixie several times a week but will drive to Gainesville to shop in the future. It's no wonder they are in bankruptcy.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Winn Dixie?

Original review: April 10, 2018

I was in the line cashing out when an item did not come up as advertised. I asked the cashier Brian to check the price and the woman behind me in line started moaning and complaining that I was asking about an advertised price. Brian was unable to fix the problem so I asked him to remove the item as I did not want it if it wasn't on sale as the website showed. He did and I paid and moved out of the line and moved towards customer service while checking to be sure that the other items on my receipt were actually showing the advertised price. Meanwhile, in the line the woman that was behind me was still complaining and pointing at me and she and the cashier Brian were actually laughing at me checking my receipt.

I come to Winn Dixie because they offer a weekly ad with advertised sale prices. I am not rich and need to count my pennies and wouldn't shop there if I thought that was cause for being laughed at. I will never shop there again after being humiliated by a customer and a cashier laughing at me because I care if an item doesn't come up with the sale price when I'm checking out. That was bad enough, but the same customer actually harassed me in the parking lot after that, yelling and cursing at me! All because I asked about 1 item that didn't come up with the sale price!? It was unreal and I don't know if that customer was inebriated or has mental issues, but it was quite scary, and unbelievable that the Winn Dixie cashier would go along with the customer's bullying of me and actually participate in it! Winn Dixie has horrible customer service on any day, but this goes far beyond bad customer service, and into abusive behavior.

Original review: March 22, 2018

I LOVE the W-D brand sour cream, it is the BEST. I find it better than Daisy, and other brands. PLEASE bring it back. This S.E. Grocers brand is bland, no taste, flat. I am so glad I only purchased one container. W-D sour cream was one of the main reasons I shopped W-D. Can the original WD brand be found anywhere? The Southeastern Grocers sour cream is shown on the attached receipt as SEG sour cream on sale for $1.67. I believe the WD brand used to go on sale at $1.50 or 2 for $3.00, and it would last so long. If this is typical of the S.E. Grocers brand, I will NOT be a S.E.G. customer. Even though I purchased this back in February, I did not realize there was a website where I could state my opinion. Sorry, W-D, you have made a terrible blunder in this regard!

Original review: March 17, 2018

I bought 5 Kerrygold Butter @ $3.99 each that were on sale at 2 for $5.00. A difference of $7.45. I should have purchased the butter at Publix as they had the same sale and they honor their sale ads. I also purchased three (3) 1/2-gallon cartons of Silk Milk and had a digital coupon for $1.50 off 2 and a digital coupon for $.65 off 1 which were not utilized. I believe we are up to $9.60, for which Winn Dixie wants to graciously add a $6 store credit to my Plenti Rewards Card. I'm ecstatic (not)!

In addition, they took a printed $5.00 coupon off $40 order with an expiration date of 3/18/18, that I handed to them but did not give credit for that coupon! They also took the $10.00 digital coupon off $50 order and another $5.00 digital coupon off $40 order with an expiration date of April 1, 2018. That latter I would have used at another time (probably next week), if given the opportunity. Since I do not have that opportunity I will not be shopping Winn Dixie next week! In fact, I will not be shopping Winn Dixie until the first week of April just before my digital coupon bearing an expiration date of April 8, 2018 expires. At that time, I will utilize all my Plenti points and the coupon and I will decide whether I will ever shop Winn Dixie again.

Original review: March 1, 2018

This is my favorite grocery store. It is always very clean and organized. Staff are friendly and courteous and helpful. The produce and meats exceptional in quality. They make you feel that you are always the most important customer in their store.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2018

The cashiers are rude and low class and miserable. I threw away my Plenti card and refuse to buy anything after I bought a spray cleaner there, then found it half price at Publix. I only go for lotto tickets because the store is close to me. Two out of the last three times I went the lotto machine was down. This happens all the time. And their customer service counter closes two hours before lotto ticket sales stop and they refuse to sell lotto tickets after 8:30. Horrible store. 8924 Northlake & Military. In lake park. I can’t believe they haven’t shut this crappy place down.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2017

Sending my prescriptions to Winn Dixie pharmacy for the first time. It's been nothing but terrible. The pharmacist is running the place by himself and has such a poor attitude. He makes you feel like you don't belong there and unwanted. He makes you feel like your business is not wanted or needed and whatever prescriptions you require to keep you alive don't matter. All he did was complain on how long it would take to take care of me and that he was swamped even though there were zero customers at the desk. I know there are online orders to fill but give me a break with this horrible customer service. If this location wasn't two blocks from my house I would've went somewhere else. This Winn Dixie pharmacy is located in New Port Richey, FL on the corner of Massachusetts and Congress Avenue.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2017

I have been purchasing groceries at Winn Dixie since 1988. The quality over the past year has continued to deteriorate, primarily in the meat and other fresh food departments. Last week I purchased two Porterhouse steaks. The filet was ok but the strip was so tough it was not edible. Yesterday I purchased cube steaks which are a much less expensive cut but are usually tenderized with their processing. These cube steaks could not even be cut with steak knives and were disposed of.

Having a reputation for being the "beef people" their quality has become inedible. In addition, you have to check dates on all products as many have already passed their sell date and are still on the shelves. The dairy products sour prior to their expiration date and overall the personnel only laugh at you when you complain. I have made my last shopping trip to the #218 Store at Hiatus and Sheridan in Cooper City. What a shame that someone does not care about the customer base or products they sell.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

Moved to Florida so first time at Winn Dixie. Store was clean, nice employees, etc. I bought a package of beef for stew that was almost $6 a pound. When I got it home, I have to cut about 6 ounces of it because it was grizzle and fatty. So a third of the meat was throw out. The butcher who packed it should be fired for allowing that to be put out for sale. Store is in Tampa on Race Track Rd, store number 2517. I wrote to store and complained and they ignored me. Don't buy meat at Winn Dixie.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2017

Winn Dixie is good to shop for shelf items. Their customer service is great and I have no problems with them. I prefer not to buy my meat from them though. Their meat is very pricey and I don't like the quality of it.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2017

I like the atmosphere in this smaller store. The categories are labeled so that you can find what you are looking for easily. Parking is easy and you do not have to walk a long way.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2017

They closed a store close to us and we thought going to another store about 2 miles away would be better but we were wrong. The products are out of date and their use of various tricks to make people believe they are getting best prices but in reality they are higher than other stores.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2017

Winn Dixie has everything that others have for sale but usually cheaper in price. Their meat selection is also better in selection and price. The appearance of the store isn't as flashy as others but I'd rather save money.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2017

The quality of this store seems to have taken a downward slide. Very small produce section with limited selection. Deli counter employees very unfriendly.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2017

They really need to do something about their frozen foods. They are either thawed or in one chunk ice cube i.e. their vegetables. I have asked them about it and they said it was corrected... but it wasn't. It's a shame because the employees are really very nice and professional and the store is conveniently located.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2017

The store is always clean and the employees are always friendly and helpful. The only problem that I have is that sometimes the produce section isn't full and there is produce past the point of selling.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2017

Winn Dixie features fresh produce and meat. It also has good values on many products and goods. It has products and items on sale weekly, which are good values. It has good values on one item for sale, and the other free. Some items appear a little expensive, but no more than other groceries in area.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2017

I go to a store in Jacksonville. Florida... there's an upscale version of same, but I go the other older stores because it's closer. Publix has been $1 for decades. There's a reason for that. Instead of SE Grocers going through CEOs like clockwork, all they need to do is copy Publix. The Winn Dixie store in question uses cashiers who dress however they like and the males are usually unkempt. Checkout speeds are either slow or reasonably fast. There don't seem to be any standards. When Customer Service is open, there doesn't seem to be much incentive to "service" people quickly.

The pharmacy is inhabited by people who seem to consider customers an inconvenience. Their new brand of beef, Rancher's Home, has all the flavor of a paper towel. SE Grocers' brands are, on the whole, sub-par. I'll never buy any again. There's a reason they sell for less money, and it tastes like it does. Their fried chicken is why I buy mine at Publix. The company's way of cost-cutting is to fire employees who are paid much over minimum wage, and instead of replacing them, force one employee to do the work of two. Winn Dixie have been trashed for at least 30 years, and they'll always be what they are, because they don't care.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2017

When I go to Winn Dixie, sometimes they can be nice, are be rude to me or when I need help at the checkout stand they make me go all the way back places where I need to check my prices to make sure the prices are right because they will not do it for me. That is not right.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2017

Customer service desk is only opened from 9am - 8pm. This does not align with store hours. Guests can only receive customer service if they happen to shop at those times, but if you go to Publix, their counter is opened the entire time the store is opened. They also have a $30 loading minimum for JEA pre pay customers. However, if you go to Publix, you may place any amount you'd like. I spoke with the manager Aaron. The company is even cutting back employee hours when the lines are already extremely long. This store and many others in Jacksonville are going down. Why not have your customers leave excited about their experience instead of regretting coming. Sad...

Original review: July 29, 2017

I've tried shopping here at Winn Dixie in Dunnellon, Fl. It's a constant struggle understanding their coupon policy as it changes every visit. It is not a consistent policy and it changes daily. Ask one cashier and they will take 5 coupons per transaction, another says 5 per day, another says 1 per day. Terrible customer service. Shop Publix if possible; their policies are consistent across the chain. Also, Publix doesn't treat customers like a second class person. Whatever happened to "customer is always right." I mean if you're going to have a coupon policy; make it consistent. Enough of the bait and switch practice. Also, This Winn Dixie store NEVER has enough sale items on hand. Stay away from this store unless you have no alternative. I'm planning on contacting the Attorney General regarding these policies.

Original review: June 7, 2017

0 points in the last week. I live very close to the Winn Dixie on Chaffee Rd. I do not drive so it is very convenient for me to get a ride there. As far as the store goes it is fine, I love the cashiers and bag boys etc... Now the pharmacy is a different story. The only nice person in the pharmacy is Carmen, the rest John, Aida and their people who check you out are awful. I've been getting prescriptions for 10 years from there, I tolerated them for that long. I called them yesterday about a prescription and they were so rude, I called the manager Chris ** and reported them to him.

I went in today to pick up a prescription and was treated rude, talked to ugly. It wasn't an experience I would want anybody to go through. The manager did not do his job, I left the store and regretfully told my friends upfront I would not be back. They are great and I will miss them, but to lose a customer of 10 years is not good for their reputation. I will post this everywhere I can. Sick people do not need to be treated like they don't matter. If I could give no stars I would. If you take a lot of medicine, I would not recommend going there. They ignore you and talk about you to each, they judge people.

Original review: June 3, 2017

I have been a Winn Dixie customer for over 50 years. I first began shopping there when I had to watch every penny spent for money was a scarce commodity even though I hated the filth of those stores back in those days. I stayed with Winn Dixie in later years because I could see how hard they were trying to clean up their business. Stores were looking consistently cleaner and very much more customer appealing. Also, the personnel were being much better trained in the way of customer service and personal appearance.

The new card program is a disaster. It did nothing for the customer. It is not near as rewarding as the old program. The help has been cut to the bone. I went into store # 630 today; (my usual store), and the produce department was decimated. Empty shelves. I then went on to the deli dept. All the shelves for made sandwiches were completely empty. The new Ranch Home meats are terrible thus threatening Winn Dixie's long held leadership position as the meat people. That in itself is a huge consideration.

I'm not sure what I'm going to do going forward. There are plenty of other places to shop around here. The personnel at this store are all hard workers in all depts. From the manager on down they need to be commended on their efforts during a difficult time. Prior to retirement, I was operations manager for a large company and worked hundreds of people throughout my career therefore I feel qualified to make the foregoing statement concerning your personnel. From where I sit, it seems to be topside management that needs training because all I've seen in the last year or so is them shooting themselves in the foot.

Original review: May 26, 2017

WD Steaks USDA Choice steaks use to be great... last few months have been hit or miss. Now just tough... not like use to be. Now the cheaper steaks also USDA now called Rancher's house is same Mexican import steak... New label. So be careful even buying their WD brand. Also Smithfield back ribs labeled as so... with Winn Dixie label marking as baby back are not baby back. Smithfield has marked baby back ribs package and labeled as such... and differently not tender as anything but reg. ribs.

Original review: May 17, 2017

I have been shopping at Winn Dixie for many a year and am finding the quality of certain products are diminishing. The deli meat is starting to go bad a day or two sooner than before. I buy the meat on Sunday for the work week and it starts going bad by Wednesday. Similar with fruit such as Blackberries and (especially) Raspberries and the imported Cherry tomatoes. They are going bad by Wednesday too.

Original review: May 5, 2017

Since Winn Dixie has made the changeover to the Plenti card and has also changed some of the "store brands" they carry, I have noticed that prices have gone up, significantly. Butter is now a dollar higher - yet it says it is a "low price/discount." I'm very disappointed. I have decided to go to Walmart for the mainstay of my groceries and shop at Winn Dixie only for convenience when buying one or two items at most. I am disappointed and dissatisfied. Winn Dixie seems to have become a "Publix wannabe."

Winn Dixie Company Information

www.winndixie.com

Want to know more?
You look like a savvy shopperWant to know more?

Make purchase decisions like an expert.

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business