2. Shopping
  3. Grocery Stores

4.0/5 (491 ratings)

About Whole Foods

Whole Foods Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Whole Foods?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Whole Foods?

Original review: June 22, 2021

Last week I bought cherries from Cupertino Whole Foods. That day is my mother birthday she want to eat???? I can not choose the sweet cherry. I long time standing and looking Cherry. One of staff is asking and helping to choose for me. When I arrived home I gave my mom. She was smile and hug me. She really want to eat sweet cherry. She said very delicious. I remember his name Noe. I really appreciate whole foods market and staff Noe. I will come and buy everyday and everything. I trust whole foods.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2020

During this time of the Covid virus - I think it is important to feel safe in any store that you shop in - Whole Foods goes out of their way to make their customers feel safe. They wipe down the baskets and the shopping cart handles - I have not seen this done in any other store. They always have a supply of wipes near the door - many stores have this but my experience has been that the containers are empty many times. They also limit the number of customers in the store at one time. Besides these measures - I also look for good customer service - and I do find it at Whole Foods - most of the employees are very helpful and seem to like working at the store.

Finally - the produce always looks good and fresh - and I like that you can order the amount of meat you want from the Meat Dept. I sometimes do not want a large pack of burgers or chicken breasts - maybe just two since I don't have much family living with me - and you can get this at Whole Foods - not at ShopRite or Stop and Shop. Yes - sometimes prices are higher - but as they say "you get what you pay for".

Get buying tips about Grocery Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2020

I have always liked Whole Foods for their diverse selections in all their product areas. The prepared foods are always innovative and give me a nice variety to pick from either at the do it yourself bars, or from the freshly prepared foods counter. I have to say their marinated salmon is a show stopper and my hubby would like it probably every other night and maybe even for breakfast! The readily available fresh organic dairy products - especially things like goat milk, and cream are an added plus for me.

Being able to grind my peanut butter fresh and the many selections of bulk products really is super convenient. Wow and don't forget the gelato...I never do!! Temptations abound in the bakery; cookies, brownies, cake cupcakes and artesian bread - they seem to jump into my cart. One stop shop for me- vitamins, cute tees, bath accessories and handmade soaps, who could ask for more. And... a great place to shop for gifts from baby to grams! I can't leave without mentioning great produce, wine & cheese selections... and every Christmas I buy Rosemary trees for gifts.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2020

I like Whole Foods. They are very friendly and ready to assist you as soon as you walk in the door. There's always someone at the door to welcome you and they ask if you need a mask and would you like some hand sanitizer. When I arrive in the store, there's always someone around when I need help looking for an item. The store is very clean and I love the variety of things that they carry like the homemade soaps and also the soups. They are very efficient at the checkout as well and ask if you have found everything you needed. Very welcoming environment. I also use the Amazon Locker there as well. It is very convenient as I am travelling home from work. I do appreciate the location of the store which is convenient to the other stores in the area.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2020

I love Whole Foods because they offer some really interesting brands and high quality store brand items. You can always find something new to try and they have excellent organic brands and produce. Better than regular deli counter, The store feels good to browse the aisles and provides a pleasant shopping experience. They have great sanitation policies in place as you enter the store and throughout the store for your safety during this crisis, and that makes me feel even safer when I shop. They also have an excellent 2 hour delivery option when you shop online if you can't get out to shop in-store. And the prices are right in line with other major grocery store chains, just better quality of products.

Original review: March 3, 2021

First time ordering from. It was a small test order of about $30.00. The delivery was scheduled for between 9-11 am. I got my first text at 6 am that my Amazon worker had started the order, ok thanks for waking me up. Then I got 4 more of the same message for the next 4 hours. Then I got 3 more messages from 10:30 on that it will be arriving soon. Next comes after 11 am...it was delivered! Um really? And to who? The idiot took a picture of the porch with an address that obviously doesn't match mine! I'm a stay at home, so I contacted Amazon as soon as I got the text it was delivered, to try to get them to contact the idiot driver to fix it. But they have no way of contacting their own delivery people. Just don't waste your time.

Original review: March 2, 2021

This Whole Foods in Long Beach is hostile to customers and if you don't like it, "shop somewhere else" says the manager. Who do they think they are?

Don't dare put a basket of items selected on the conveyor belt to check out. They will DUMP your groceries over onto the belt, crushing soft produce, and expect you to be grateful they did it. When you complain to a manager for the 4th time, they say it's their prerogative to do that even when no sign exists saying so. They will look at you as a lowly ** when you complain and tell you "their cashier is their best cashier", while she damages the items you selected and gives you a glaring evil eye. Stay away from this Whole Foods if you value your dignity.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2021

So easy to order and food always so good. And the pricing with Amazon Prime makes it a great deal. They are also very quick to deliver. Sometimes same day other times next day. The packages are clearly marked and ready to serve.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2021

It’s great that the Amazon app allows Whole Foods purchases ALTHOUGH Whole Foods has consistently lost items on my order, didn’t substitute when items are out of stock with an equal product AND NEVER take responsibility. Their customer service rep takes responsibility BUT there is never any improvement. They DON’T fix the problem.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2021

Upon my arrival @ the Whole Foods Market I was amazed at the sheer size of the the store. I had been to " Natural " food stores before, but this time was shopping for something specific. I was confident that I would find the item I was seeking here and I was not disappointed. The store was clean, well stocked and the staff were friendly and knowledgeable... & more than willing to help me navigate the huge layout... I plan to return to this store many more times as the need arises!

Whole Foods Company Information