3.73/5
Based on 139 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

386 Whole Foods Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: July 14, 2018

Relatively recently we noticed that the "green" "guilt free" paper bags Whole Foods started using, and is so proud of, smell awful (like garbage or vomit, I am sorry to say). Not at all what one would want their food carried in, let alone keep in their kitchen for future use. If you put your nose next to any one of them, you will see exactly what I mean. And it is not an isolated thing. They all smell like that all the time, nor does the smell go away. I have written to the corporate office, since it is obviously a corporate issue, but they just shunted me off to the local store.

Original review: July 11, 2018

Go to Whole Foods and ask a question and you'll get arrested. So go to Fresh Thyme or Trader Joe's. You can ask them questions they won't arrest you. I used to love Whole Foods. I'm never EVER going there again, it is not safe.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: June 18, 2018

Since Amazon has taken over the Whole Foods, I have seen a lot of changes that make me think this corporation does not care about the customers. It has turned to a coupon store. They highly encourage you to buy their highly-priced membership to get more discount on items. Either have Amazon prime membership or shop elsewhere (the price for yellow peaches is 1.99 for prime members whereas it's $3.99 for non members.) FYI, the regular price for yellow peaches at QFC and Fred Meyers is $1.99 per pound. What if some people don't want to download the Whole Foods app or use coupons. Why can't they just have a price for everyone? What's wrong with everyone paying the same price? SIGH.

Original review: June 17, 2018

Whole Foods, Glendale, Ca. SENIORS check your receipt before leaving the register and the store. Charged twice for one box of WF saltines. On returning to the store, one of the male clerks said "oh but sometimes..." How often is "sometimes" when some people do not want a receipt or others do not check the items? So blase when the money does not come out of their paycheck/pocket!

Original review: June 15, 2018

Whole Foods is one of my two go-to stores 1-3 times every week. The food quality, grocery sales, cleanliness, location, return policy and customer service from every employee has been impeccable for my 8 years.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Whole Foods?

Original review: June 11, 2018

Today, the cashier attempted to forgo handing me the $5.00 change I was entitled to. She closed the register drawer and handed the receipt to me. After telling her I needed my $5.00 change and without question or hesitation, she opened the register and handed over the money, no apology, nothing. Obviously, this wasn't an "error". But in fairness to Whole Foods, cashiers at Walgreens, Dollar Tree, Jewel-Osco and Aldi attempted the same thing, opening their register drawers without question, after telling them I was owed change. A "sign of the times"?...so sad. I have discovered that Trader Joe's and Costco cashiers are the only ones not attempting to "shortchange" me (an alert senior consumer).

Original review: April 30, 2018

Requested Senior Discount. Emailed Jeff Bezos and got a cold reply saying they don't offer discounts to any group but that I can download coupons on a smartphone. Don't have a smartphone and most of the coupons are not for the basics. This company doesn't care one bit about its customers.

Original review: April 24, 2018

I tend to believe that the products at WF are of high quality, and generally healthy. I don't have the wealth to buy only organic foods, but I tend to believe that the "conventional" offerings are likely to be less chemically treated, especially since the produce is usually washed and fresh looking, than at the more traditional grocery.

Original review: April 23, 2018

Whole Foods is a fantastic store. Selection is great. Prices on some items can be high especially on produce and the food court. Overall a great store especially if you love organic and natural products.

Original review: April 23, 2018

I am very picky, and this is where I buy the majority of what I eat. I don't mind spending extra on better quality, but I mind if it is the same that I can buy at another grocery store. However I cannot find everything that I want at AD.

Original review: April 22, 2018

The salad bar is my primary reason for using Whole Foods. I'm a vegetarian, & its salad bar's choices & quality make shopping there worthwhile - romaine lettuce, corn kernels, purple cabbage shreds, grated parmesan, blue cheese crumbles, braised tofu, carrot shreds.

Original review: April 21, 2018

I shop in Baton Rouge Whole Foods quite often. I usually find what I want and if I can't I pick something similar. The customer service is always top notch. My issues usually come in the prepared items, hot food bar and prices of certain items. Just wish the prices would drop and would be my new fave store. I still shop in there for the people, as they are happy, happy people.

Original review: April 20, 2018

Whole Foods has a nice variety of foods. I especially like their meat & seafood selections. Prepared food variety is nice as well depending on the store (some have a better selection than others). But while quality is good, prices are quite high which prevents me from shopping there more frequently.

Original review: April 20, 2018

Fresh meats, good selections. All the foods I need out here. Very close to home because I have a hard time walking, good handicap parking for us disabled people, friendly wonderful people, very helpful with groceries.

Original review: April 19, 2018

My experience with Whole Foods is a joy, great people, surrounding and lots of healthy foods to choose from. The meat department is great. I love it.

Original review: April 18, 2018

I recently changed my diet to a vegan plus fish for health reasons. I will make the 45 minute trip every few months to Whole Foods to stock up on unusual items that most stores in the south don't carry. I like the variety of healthy products they carry.

Original review: April 18, 2018

This shouldn't really be with the regular grocery stores. I think of like it was a specialty store. Very expensive and health conscious. They recently closed their doors in Encinitas.

Original review: April 17, 2018

Unfortunately, there is not a Whole Foods close enough to shop at. Used to shop there on a regular basis until we moved. Wish they could expand further!

Original review: April 17, 2018

I can find products that I like here that are not at other grocery stores. The deli section is top notch. What I don't love is the crowd. There are sometimes too many people in certain aisles that are actually too narrow for the store and the selections.

Original review: April 16, 2018

While purchasing only 4 items at the Tarzana, CA Store 4/14/18, I noticed the amount rung up was oddly too high. After paying, upon further inspection of my receipt before I exited, there was a unknown extra charge of $3.99 for a 5th item I did NOT purchase "Artichokes". I wheeled the cart back to the cashier, who had a rude, disrespectful, horrible condescending attitude, and remarked, "It's only human error," in a snotty tone, lack of concern, remorse or apology. Her reply made the experience far worse, this incompetent belligerent young cashier.

I called for the manager, who also had a hostile, arrogant attitude, as if I should just shut up, and accept a $4.00 theft out of my pocket. "Business as Usual" the "Human Error" scripted response is not acceptable. Abusive, nearly mocking a customer for bringing this to the store's attention, Manager acted as he's doing me a favor for even returning the stolen money as an inconvenience to him. Had I left the store and noticed the extra charge the next day, I could not prove once I left the store. This is blatant business as usual gross theft out of the consumers' pockets. Staggering amount of phantom item charges that shopper never purchased, millions of consumer theft goes unnoticed. The Manager returned my $4.00 cash, however the receipt was fraudulently noted the Refund Reason, was "Changed My Mind", or "Didn't' like Product" as the reason for the return. This is bold fraud. I was negligently charged $4.00 for an items never purchased.

Original review: April 16, 2018

Love love the produce and they are always willing to give me a taste of things I never had unable to try which I usually buy. Store was over an hour from my house but are in the process of building new one pretty close to me and I am so excited!!!

Original review: April 15, 2018

Whole Foods products are good but way too expensive. I only go there because it is in walking distance and when I need something special.

Original review: April 15, 2018

A shopper of WFs for over 20+ yrs, just noticed less shoppers, less product shelving, and suspected they were selling. I am 59 and was a vegan for 11 yrs, WFs was my food store. I learned a lot about clean food, thru WFs - my KING, noticed Kroger stocking same products. Now that Amazon is WFs, store quality, staff, products are failing. Baby Boomers are going to Trader Joe's, price is great, quality is good, staff is excellent!

Original review: April 14, 2018

I love Whole Foods and the variety of products they carry but their prices are too high. I trust their quality of products and mostly buy organic products. If it's a brand I can get somewhere else for less I do that.

Original review: April 14, 2018

I live for the quality and value of product selection at Whole Foods. I think for the quality of product the values is incomprehensible. Great staff, great prices, great product, great environment by far.

Original review: April 13, 2018

Little expensive for me to shop everyday but love the quality of food, and the top of the variety of vegetables, fish & cheese. The service is great and the store is clean. Wish I had that store in my area, we need one in the Summerville area.

Original review: April 13, 2018

This store has great products but just a little on the pricey side. Need coupons. They are natural products. Maybe if they offered recipes and ways to help eat better.

Original review: April 12, 2018

I love this store mainly because they have a large selection on organic foods. The produce is very fresh and the service is friendly. It is fun to shop there.

Original review: April 12, 2018

Love the store for its produce, meat and fish. Also like the freshly roasted coffee and bread. Deli fresh roasted turkey breast is great for sandwiches.

Original review: April 11, 2018

I like shopping at Whole Foods. For the most part the employees are knowledgeable and helpful. But the prices? They are too high to justify the difference in service.

Whole Foods Company Information