3.80/5
Based on 137 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Last updated: April 30, 2018

380 Whole Foods Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: April 30, 2018

Requested Senior Discount. Emailed Jeff Bezos and got a cold reply saying they don't offer discounts to any group but that I can download coupons on a smartphone. Don't have a smartphone and most of the coupons are not for the basics. This company doesn't care one bit about its customers.

Original review: April 24, 2018

I tend to believe that the products at WF are of high quality, and generally healthy. I don't have the wealth to buy only organic foods, but I tend to believe that the "conventional" offerings are likely to be less chemically treated, especially since the produce is usually washed and fresh looking, than at the more traditional grocery.

Get expert buying tips about Grocery Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 23, 2018

Whole Foods is a fantastic store. Selection is great. Prices on some items can be high especially on produce and the food court. Overall a great store especially if you love organic and natural products.

Original review: April 23, 2018

I am very picky, and this is where I buy the majority of what I eat. I don't mind spending extra on better quality, but I mind if it is the same that I can buy at another grocery store. However I cannot find everything that I want at AD.

Original review: April 22, 2018

The salad bar is my primary reason for using Whole Foods. I'm a vegetarian, & its salad bar's choices & quality make shopping there worthwhile - romaine lettuce, corn kernels, purple cabbage shreds, grated parmesan, blue cheese crumbles, braised tofu, carrot shreds.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Whole Foods?

Original review: April 21, 2018

I shop in Baton Rouge Whole Foods quite often. I usually find what I want and if I can't I pick something similar. The customer service is always top notch. My issues usually come in the prepared items, hot food bar and prices of certain items. Just wish the prices would drop and would be my new fave store. I still shop in there for the people, as they are happy, happy people.

Original review: April 20, 2018

Whole Foods has a nice variety of foods. I especially like their meat & seafood selections. Prepared food variety is nice as well depending on the store (some have a better selection than others). But while quality is good, prices are quite high which prevents me from shopping there more frequently.

Original review: April 20, 2018

Fresh meats, good selections. All the foods I need out here. Very close to home because I have a hard time walking, good handicap parking for us disabled people, friendly wonderful people, very helpful with groceries.

Original review: April 19, 2018

My experience with Whole Foods is a joy, great people, surrounding and lots of healthy foods to choose from. The meat department is great. I love it.

Original review: April 18, 2018

I recently changed my diet to a vegan plus fish for health reasons. I will make the 45 minute trip every few months to Whole Foods to stock up on unusual items that most stores in the south don't carry. I like the variety of healthy products they carry.

Original review: April 18, 2018

This shouldn't really be with the regular grocery stores. I think of like it was a specialty store. Very expensive and health conscious. They recently closed their doors in Encinitas.

Original review: April 17, 2018

Unfortunately, there is not a Whole Foods close enough to shop at. Used to shop there on a regular basis until we moved. Wish they could expand further!

Original review: April 17, 2018

I can find products that I like here that are not at other grocery stores. The deli section is top notch. What I don't love is the crowd. There are sometimes too many people in certain aisles that are actually too narrow for the store and the selections.

Original review: April 16, 2018

While purchasing only 4 items at the Tarzana, CA Store 4/14/18, I noticed the amount rung up was oddly too high. After paying, upon further inspection of my receipt before I exited, there was a unknown extra charge of $3.99 for a 5th item I did NOT purchase "Artichokes". I wheeled the cart back to the cashier, who had a rude, disrespectful, horrible condescending attitude, and remarked, "It's only human error," in a snotty tone, lack of concern, remorse or apology. Her reply made the experience far worse, this incompetent belligerent young cashier.

I called for the manager, who also had a hostile, arrogant attitude, as if I should just shut up, and accept a $4.00 theft out of my pocket. "Business as Usual" the "Human Error" scripted response is not acceptable. Abusive, nearly mocking a customer for bringing this to the store's attention, Manager acted as he's doing me a favor for even returning the stolen money as an inconvenience to him. Had I left the store and noticed the extra charge the next day, I could not prove once I left the store. This is blatant business as usual gross theft out of the consumers' pockets. Staggering amount of phantom item charges that shopper never purchased, millions of consumer theft goes unnoticed. The Manager returned my $4.00 cash, however the receipt was fraudulently noted the Refund Reason, was "Changed My Mind", or "Didn't' like Product" as the reason for the return. This is bold fraud. I was negligently charged $4.00 for an items never purchased.

Original review: April 16, 2018

Love love the produce and they are always willing to give me a taste of things I never had unable to try which I usually buy. Store was over an hour from my house but are in the process of building new one pretty close to me and I am so excited!!!

Original review: April 15, 2018

Whole Foods products are good but way too expensive. I only go there because it is in walking distance and when I need something special.

Original review: April 15, 2018

A shopper of WFs for over 20+ yrs, just noticed less shoppers, less product shelving, and suspected they were selling. I am 59 and was a vegan for 11 yrs, WFs was my food store. I learned a lot about clean food, thru WFs - my KING, noticed Kroger stocking same products. Now that Amazon is WFs, store quality, staff, products are failing. Baby Boomers are going to Trader Joe's, price is great, quality is good, staff is excellent!

Original review: April 14, 2018

I love Whole Foods and the variety of products they carry but their prices are too high. I trust their quality of products and mostly buy organic products. If it's a brand I can get somewhere else for less I do that.

Original review: April 14, 2018

I live for the quality and value of product selection at Whole Foods. I think for the quality of product the values is incomprehensible. Great staff, great prices, great product, great environment by far.

Original review: April 13, 2018

Little expensive for me to shop everyday but love the quality of food, and the top of the variety of vegetables, fish & cheese. The service is great and the store is clean. Wish I had that store in my area, we need one in the Summerville area.

Original review: April 13, 2018

This store has great products but just a little on the pricey side. Need coupons. They are natural products. Maybe if they offered recipes and ways to help eat better.

Original review: April 12, 2018

I love this store mainly because they have a large selection on organic foods. The produce is very fresh and the service is friendly. It is fun to shop there.

Original review: April 12, 2018

Love the store for its produce, meat and fish. Also like the freshly roasted coffee and bread. Deli fresh roasted turkey breast is great for sandwiches.

Original review: April 11, 2018

I like shopping at Whole Foods. For the most part the employees are knowledgeable and helpful. But the prices? They are too high to justify the difference in service.

Original review: April 11, 2018

The quality and selection are generally great as is customer service but that is reflected in the prices. Unfortunately, while I have my favorite store, not all locations have equal selection or good customer service; I drive a distance for the better location and service.

Original review: April 10, 2018

Hopefully this is slipping fast are used to shop all the time and loved most everything about Whole Foods. Many local products and products I buy are disappearing from the shelves. Also the quality of the product has slipped tremendously. Well some of the prices are coming down, you can find all cannonball avocados at a reduced price. I noticed the staff is depressed. When I asked them about products that are disappearing they just shake their head. It’s about to hit a critical point where I won’t go there anymore.

Original review: April 10, 2018

I like to shop their soap dept. Many many choices. I also love the build your own salad bar. The soups are excellent. Fast cashiers. Never in line for more than five minutes.

Original review: April 10, 2018

Whole Foods has great sales and their private label is fantastic and so reasonable (& great quality)! Many products are competitively priced also. You have to know how to shop at Whole Foods. I get so angry when people call it whole paycheck! That is not true if you are a careful shopper. I have seen higher prices for some items at Walmart and or an ordinary supermarket.

Original review: April 9, 2018

Whole Foods' quality is declining and product quality control is no longer a priority. I believe that things will get worse since Amazon has taken over.

Original review: April 8, 2018

The seafood guy gave better service than the checkout workers. The cashier’s credit card machine wasn’t working for the customer in front of me as well as myself. The cashier asked another worker to check me out yet he proceeded to continue walking outside while taking my groceries with him. How unsanitary? For the amount of money being charged I would expect all machine to function properly. Also I would expect my food remain in my site and it’s not being walked outside by an employee for whatever reason.

Whole Foods Company Information