2. Shopping
  3. Grocery Stores

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.99/5

Whole Foods Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Whole Foods?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Whole Foods?

Original review: Nov. 30, 2020

During this time of the Covid virus - I think it is important to feel safe in any store that you shop in - Whole Foods goes out of their way to make their customers feel safe. They wipe down the baskets and the shopping cart handles - I have not seen this done in any other store. They always have a supply of wipes near the door - many stores have this but my experience has been that the containers are empty many times. They also limit the number of customers in the store at one time. Besides these measures - I also look for good customer service - and I do find it at Whole Foods - most of the employees are very helpful and seem to like working at the store.

Finally - the produce always looks good and fresh - and I like that you can order the amount of meat you want from the Meat Dept. I sometimes do not want a large pack of burgers or chicken breasts - maybe just two since I don't have much family living with me - and you can get this at Whole Foods - not at ShopRite or Stop and Shop. Yes - sometimes prices are higher - but as they say "you get what you pay for".

Original review: Nov. 29, 2020

I have always liked Whole Foods for their diverse selections in all their product areas. The prepared foods are always innovative and give me a nice variety to pick from either at the do it yourself bars, or from the freshly prepared foods counter. I have to say their marinated salmon is a show stopper and my hubby would like it probably every other night and maybe even for breakfast! The readily available fresh organic dairy products - especially things like goat milk, and cream are an added plus for me.

Being able to grind my peanut butter fresh and the many selections of bulk products really is super convenient. Wow and don't forget the gelato...I never do!! Temptations abound in the bakery; cookies, brownies, cake cupcakes and artesian bread - they seem to jump into my cart. One stop shop for me- vitamins, cute tees, bath accessories and handmade soaps, who could ask for more. And... a great place to shop for gifts from baby to grams! I can't leave without mentioning great produce, wine & cheese selections... and every Christmas I buy Rosemary trees for gifts.

Get buying tips about Grocery Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2020

I like Whole Foods. They are very friendly and ready to assist you as soon as you walk in the door. There's always someone at the door to welcome you and they ask if you need a mask and would you like some hand sanitizer. When I arrive in the store, there's always someone around when I need help looking for an item. The store is very clean and I love the variety of things that they carry like the homemade soaps and also the soups. They are very efficient at the checkout as well and ask if you have found everything you needed. Very welcoming environment. I also use the Amazon Locker there as well. It is very convenient as I am travelling home from work. I do appreciate the location of the store which is convenient to the other stores in the area.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2020

I love Whole Foods because they offer some really interesting brands and high quality store brand items. You can always find something new to try and they have excellent organic brands and produce. Better than regular deli counter, The store feels good to browse the aisles and provides a pleasant shopping experience. They have great sanitation policies in place as you enter the store and throughout the store for your safety during this crisis, and that makes me feel even safer when I shop. They also have an excellent 2 hour delivery option when you shop online if you can't get out to shop in-store. And the prices are right in line with other major grocery store chains, just better quality of products.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2020

Free delivery to my home during a pandemic is greatly appreciated which is what Whole Foods provides. They also provide the food and brands that I ordinarily use. They stayed in touch during the whole process texting me when they got my order along with when the order was complete and also tracking the driver as he was on his way and when he arrived. What more can you ask?

Original review: Jan. 7, 2021

I've always enjoyed my Whole Foods experience until a recent visit. I cannot wear a mask due to health issues and after being in the store shopping for about ten minutes I was approached by two employees holding a box of masks. They informed me that I can wear the mask, a face shield or submit to a temperature check and answer four questions. I refused them all and left vowing to never return.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2021

I parked on WH parking lot and my car was bumped by empty cart (because of wind blow). My drivers side door has mark now. I reported it to the store manager, but he told me they don't have cameras and can't do nothing about it. Aren't they supposed to care about taking empty carts away from parking lot, like other stores do? Why I have to pay for car repair after grocery shopping?

Original review: Jan. 2, 2021

When I read the online notice, "Guests 60+, at high risk or with disabilities can shop in-store from 7-8 am on Saturday," I was denied admission at 7:27 am. I was told that the store opens to customers at 8 am. When I pointed out that the website said that the store would be open at 7 am, the agent told me that she does not work for the website. I waited outside on the sidewalk until 8 am.

Original review: Dec. 25, 2020

I usually cook for the holidays but my husband wanted to give me a rest and said why don't we buy the Thanksgiving dinner from Whole Foods. When you have a dinner the entire thing works together and the food was awful. The stuffing was spoiled and the gravy was more like gravy train. Some of the side dishes weren't properly cooked, and when heated as directed were still raw. I would be hard pressed to try anything from them again. They are the worst.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2020

Whole Foods lacks management control in knowing what they deliver to the different stores and the quality is poor when it comes to fresh produce. It is not consistent and food is sold like tomatoes which should be returned to the warehouse. Packaged goods are not new but have a short shelf life. They are not readily replaced because the company doesn't have the needed logistics to deliver their produce in the early morning hours before the store opens. They fail to have products on hand. The DC area in comparison to other areas is simply a nightmare.

Whole Foods Company Information