2. Shopping
  3. Grocery Stores

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.76/5

Whole Foods Reviews

Original review: July 3, 2019

I feel at home in this store. Personnel are polite, cheerful and helpful. They recognize regular customers and treat us like family. Jokes included. The produce is usually top notch and organic. Breads are fresh, organic and most times still warm. Salad and hot bars are extremely tempting, even when I'm not hungry. It's all so good. Love this place.

Original review: June 18, 2019

The produce is always fresh. If you don’t see it ask associate and they will be happy to help find it. The seafood department is so fresh you think it jumped out the water itself. Butcher is always happy to see you and cut the meats how you like it. The shelves are always neat and advertising. Love the bakery and cheese selections. Not a food bar person but I always grab a snack from there. Clean store always.

Get expert buying tips about Grocery Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 26, 2019

I love this store for all the healthy food products it carries. It is more expensive than other stores on non-sale items, but the quality of their fruits and vegetables, meats and deli, is great. They carry organic, fresh and non-GMO products, and a variety of unique foods and items. Their weekly sales in the produce section are very reasonable too.

Original review: March 17, 2019

The layout is difficult to follow and find items. The cost of the food is expensive. The selection of food items is fair. The food bars are often not very fresh looking. The cashiers are friendly. The store has some items not available at other grocery stores which is good.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2019

After reading about 50 reviews up here, I've learned a few things... Either people are just RIDICULOUSLY PICKY, I'm blessed to leave near a great Whole Foods (White Plains, NY), or I'm just an uncultured noob who doesn't have the same finely-tuned senses as most everybody else commenting here. First, the produce is UNBELIEVABLY FRESH. I bought a few salad bags and boxes, both of which still did not have any trace of wilting or spoilage, even a few days past the sell-by date.

Second, the Fuji apples were so sweet about four days after I bought them, that I could barely eat them. Third, EVERYONE goes out of their way to help you. Whether it's their department or not, I had people from behind the bakery helping me look for stuff down the aisles. You'd think it was a membership-driven club store, the way they catered to me. Finally, their meats and fresh fish are the best I've ever had. No odors, and they cook up beautifully. I highly recommend the fresh scallops with their French hoity-toity butter from the dairy case, and a little minced garlic. So high-horse riders: Chill out, or go to White Plains.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Whole Foods?

Original review: Jan. 25, 2020

I bought 2 products last Thursday: a quinoa salad that tastes like detergent, possibly dangerous to eat. A Beef chili with a ground beef that is full of inedible greasy and hard bits.... Since Wholefoods has been bought over by Amazon, food products quality has deteriorated very fast, prices went up and it's a total rip off now with no chance of a discount even when you are a prime member.

I broke a wrist 3 weeks ago so I have to buy prepared meals or food I don't need to prepare or cut. I also ordered food, delivered by Amazon. The lady even though she saw my cast walked away without bringing the bags in, which was the reason why I had ordered food delivery because I can't use one arm! ;(((

I have been a regular client for 13 years and now I am totally dissatisfied..not the first time. Shrimps for example are undercooked. You can't find the vegetables that we used to find before, which made WF special. The food they prepare is not good quality. But selling something which tastes chemical is the newly trend... I want people to know and complain!

Original review: Jan. 13, 2020

We bought Organic Chicken from Whole Foods in Square One Mississauga, Ontario. After eating that chicken 3 of us had stomach upset. Immediately after eating that chicken we had to rush to the bathroom. We had loose stools. Even the next day as soon we eat anything else we had bowel movement and rush to the bathroom.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2020

Today at the Whole Foods in Cary, NC I wanted to purchase the 365 Organic Sliced cheese that we always buy. However, the slick marketing folks had reduced the package size, slice of cheese size and number of slices in each package... but NOT the price. Same as before $3.99. The bottom line is that the amount of cheese in each package was reduced by 4 oz, from 12 OZ to 8 OZ. Effectively a 33% price increase to purchase the same amount of cheese!!! Those Amazon folks sure are having a negative influence on Whole Foods I believe... and it’s bit good!

Original review: Dec. 18, 2019

Today I order a large half cheese and half pepperoni pizza and it costed $15. When I got back home the whole pizza was literally cheese. The ones with pepperoni literally had no pepperoni on them. Why would you guys make me pay the same price for a half pepperoni pizza if you guys are not even going to put pepperoni on my pizza? It was really disappointed to come home to just a full cheese pizza when I specifically said half cheese and half pepperoni. This is also not the first time this happens to me. This is the second time I get my pizza like this, once you guys send me an email back I will email you the pizza I bought with date and everything so you guys can see that this is for real.. Your pizza department people never do the orders they are supposed to. Please control them and talk to them about this issue. Thank you very much...

Original review: Dec. 8, 2019

We thought Whole Foods Thanksgiving Feast for 12 for $279.00 would be great. We thought wrong. The turkey, ham, and stuffing were fine, but everything else was terrible. I would never do this again or tell anyone it was ok. Not likely to shop there again!

Avoid expensive home repairs

Take our two minute quiz to find the right home warranty for you.

Whole Foods Company Information