3.77/5

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Whole Foods

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

Whole Foods Reviews

Original review: July 3, 2019

I feel at home in this store. Personnel are polite, cheerful and helpful. They recognize regular customers and treat us like family. Jokes included. The produce is usually top notch and organic. Breads are fresh, organic and most times still warm. Salad and hot bars are extremely tempting, even when I'm not hungry. It's all so good. Love this place.

Original review: June 18, 2019

The produce is always fresh. If you don’t see it ask associate and they will be happy to help find it. The seafood department is so fresh you think it jumped out the water itself. Butcher is always happy to see you and cut the meats how you like it. The shelves are always neat and advertising. Love the bakery and cheese selections. Not a food bar person but I always grab a snack from there. Clean store always.

Get expert buying tips about Grocery Stores delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
      Original review: March 26, 2019

I love this store for all the healthy food products it carries. It is more expensive than other stores on non-sale items, but the quality of their fruits and vegetables, meats and deli, is great. They carry organic, fresh and non-GMO products, and a variety of unique foods and items. Their weekly sales in the produce section are very reasonable too.

Original review: March 17, 2019

The layout is difficult to follow and find items. The cost of the food is expensive. The selection of food items is fair. The food bars are often not very fresh looking. The cashiers are friendly. The store has some items not available at other grocery stores which is good.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2019

After reading about 50 reviews up here, I've learned a few things... Either people are just RIDICULOUSLY PICKY, I'm blessed to leave near a great Whole Foods (White Plains, NY), or I'm just an uncultured noob who doesn't have the same finely-tuned senses as most everybody else commenting here. First, the produce is UNBELIEVABLY FRESH. I bought a few salad bags and boxes, both of which still did not have any trace of wilting or spoilage, even a few days past the sell-by date.

Second, the Fuji apples were so sweet about four days after I bought them, that I could barely eat them. Third, EVERYONE goes out of their way to help you. Whether it's their department or not, I had people from behind the bakery helping me look for stuff down the aisles. You'd think it was a membership-driven club store, the way they catered to me. Finally, their meats and fresh fish are the best I've ever had. No odors, and they cook up beautifully. I highly recommend the fresh scallops with their French hoity-toity butter from the dairy case, and a little minced garlic. So high-horse riders: Chill out, or go to White Plains.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Whole Foods?

Original review: Dec. 8, 2019

We thought Whole Foods Thanksgiving Feast for 12 for $279.00 would be great. We thought wrong. The turkey, ham, and stuffing were fine, but everything else was terrible. I would never do this again or tell anyone it was ok. Not likely to shop there again!

Original review: Dec. 5, 2019

I live in the high desert 47 miles from the nearest Wholefoods in Palm Desert. I used to go to Wholefoods on shopping trips every few weeks before Bezos bought it. Yesterday I decided to stop and shop as I was hungry and recalled the take out pizza was quite good couple of years ago. Also I have a Prime membership. I nocticed the pizza had less on top than it used to. I bought it anyway because I was hungry and the the sign said 2 slices for 5 dollars. After leaving the store and looking at my receipt I saw that I was charged $3.79 per slice for the pizza.

I returned to the store and showed my receipt to a clerk. "The pizza was only 2 for $5 on Fridays," She said. Then said I should have read the sign. I went to study the sign and discovered "Every friday" was 1/3 the size and 7" above the 2 for $5. It did not call attention to itself by how it was sized and placed. The clerk saw no reason to refund me anything in a very rude way with an unpleasant look. She could not have cared less about a customer complaint.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2019

I am writing this review because I am a regular customer at the Whole Foods Market St. location in San Francisco. I was waiting in the check out line. When I finally got to the register after four people ahead of me, the cashier was a heavy set **. I didn't get his name but he decided to put the "closed register" sign up. I asked him, "Are you putting the sign up now?" He replied, "yes". He said I would have to go to the end of another line and wait. After a long wait, I finally got checked out by a very nice cashier who witnessed the episode. I asked her who the manager was, and she said, "Luna".

I went up to Luna and explained what had happened and Luna said the cashier had to go on break. No one was behind me and the cashier could have easily checked me out and then closed the cashier. Luna didn't seem to care! I was even stunned when I asked again, "Are you the manager" and Luna said yes, very sternly. I was so disappointed that the manager at this store could care less what had happened or even cared that I ended up spending another 15 minutes at the store. The customer service at this store has plummeted. I hope that upper management at this store looks at this complaint and reprimands this employee.

Ron

Original review: Dec. 2, 2019

Whole Foods allows non-service dogs in the store and in the fresh food section. The store staff and store managers are unaware of the law - The Food and Drug Administration's Food Guide lays down the law: with few exceptions, live animals of any kind are not permitted on the premises of a grocery store, a restaurant or other food establishment. The prohibition applies to dogs, cats, birds and other animals. Whole Foods should be actively upholding the law and keeping the dogs away from the food. I was in the Whole Foods in Santa Monica, California during November 2019 and when I asked the Manager to have the dog removed, the manager would not take action and let me know that I am wrong about the law. Am I?

Original review: Nov. 28, 2019

I ordered a Thanksgiving day meal, I called the day before Thanksgiving and was told they were closed EXCEPT to pickup Thanksgiving meals to go. The woman told me to walk in the front door. There would be someone there handing out tickets. They would direct me where to pickup the meal. Today I went to pickup meal STORE CLOSED. Customer service was EXTREMELY RUDE AND NOT HELPFUL.

Whole Foods Company Information