2. Shopping
  3. Grocery Stores

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.27/5
Based on 1,327 ratings

Whole Foods Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Whole Foods?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Whole Foods?

Original review: Oct. 17, 2020

Before Amazon took over we shopped at the local Whole Foods a few times. While they did have a few items that were exceptional we never understood the hype. But now it's a dump. My recent visit I walked up to the doors that said Entrance but were locked. Walked to the next 4 doors and the same thing. I literally had to walk to the farthest end of the building to get in. Asked about it to a outsider who didn't say a word.

Once inside it literally stunk like garbage. I found it hard to find what I was looking for and the selections were minimal, mostly the 365 cheap brand. Ended up not finding what I needed. Once before we had the same experience trying to find a decent bottle of wine - there were none. It's definitely gone downhill since Amazon took over but it was overrated even before. It was worth driving two miles to our favorite original local store.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2020

I used to be a faithful Whole Foods shopper frequenting them more than once weekly to feed my family of five plus cats. However I have been expunged from the Whole Foods Family because I have a disability. Whole Foods has decided to discriminate against people like me who have disabilities. When I complained to my local store’s manager, he told me to shop somewhere else. Whole Foods has no heart.

Get buying tips about Grocery Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 3, 2020

We recently purchased 1.23 lbs of Tilapia at Whole Foods and were charged for Tuna Steaks. The Tilapia difference in cost is $23.37! Didn't realize until we finished dinner - How does this happen? Rip Off. Whole Foods Marlboro, NJ.

Original review: July 1, 2020

On top of what we already know this place is no longer worth it... Now, not only cashiers in there have an attitude every single day but the behavior of other employees is outrageous. Employees are running and horse playing around while I’m trying to pay 16$ for a bag of cherry. I asked the Cashier (Gary, Asian gentlemen late 40s maybe 50s a little heavy, bowed about 6 feet at the Charleston location in Las Vegas 7/1/20) why he wasn’t wearing gloves, he answered “why aren’t you?”. "Well Gary, I am not sitting here touching your food at my place of work now am I?" Of course no answer and no name tag, maybe his name wasn’t Gary but he Lied. I asked the flamboyant gentlemen were management was and the response was “not around"!!!! If I wanted to be treated like this I’ll go deal with self checkout at Smith's.... Not worth it anymore...

Original review: May 25, 2020

Since I am in a "leaving a review" kind of mood today, I thought I would take a second out of my day to note that Whole Foods "Sushi Bar" is like no other! OMG! It was so nice to be able to go in and take out fresh sushi as if I was at a restaurant. I will be back!

Original review: May 24, 2020

I have shopped at Whole Foods since the ’80s and they are a big disappointment. Aside from them being way too expensive they do not care what the customer wants. The customer service just is not there in all the stores and I have too many in many states. The latest is if you buy a meal they cannot even show the courtesy of giving you utensils so you can eat. They claim it is due to the virus. Before the virus they had their cheap dispensers but who would want to touch that when everyone had their hands on it. Then they had bins where everyone put their hands in it. Too cheap to get the utensils in plastic? Even Chick-fil-A knows that’s the way to go. Now with the virus when I ask them to get utensils in plastic they tell me no because of the virus. They say people touch them.

Who are they kidding, we aren’t stupid. People touch everything in the store so does that mean we should not buy anything? You pay an arm and a leg folks to eat there but they cannot even supply utensils. Too cheap? Yes! They rob us blind and do not care what we think. This is why I hardly ever go in there anymore because anytime I have, noticed it was worse. The quality is going down, the prices go up and their CEO gets richer! Wake up America! Shop only where companies care about customer service, quality, and fair prices!!!! They need us, we do not need them.

Original review: May 9, 2020

I purchased some mangoes at Whole Foods in Palm Beach Gardens. When I took them home and cut two of them open the same day, it was spoiled. By then, the store was closed so I brought the mangoes back the next day sealed in a plastic bag with the receipt. Brandi was there and stated no returns were allowed. I pointed out to her that I bought them yesterday and I was sold spoiled merchandise. Brandi was very rude and again said it doesn’t matter, that there are no returns. I told her I would file a complaint. She boasted that she was a “shift manager” and that “they would not get rid of me”. Brandi had no concept of social distancing and kept getting too close to me. She was not wearing a mask and I kept telling her to stop getting so close to me. She rolled her eyes and responded by saying “I’m going to have to ask you to leave.”

I have shopping at your Palm Beach Gardens store for years and have never come across such a poor attitude and such poor customer service. I have seen a dramatic change on the part of your customer service employees and managers since COVID. It obvious that you are training them to believe they are above and beyond civility and can set their own rules in an environment of COVID. You have trained these people to believe they are putting their “life on the line” by going to work and that they can say and do whatever they want. As consumers, we are being forced to put our life on the line when you have employees who think they can use COVID as an excuse to make up their own rules, abuse customers and take no responsibility for selling spoiled merchandise. There are millions of people who do not have jobs and unable to feed their families. Yet you have employees working for you who place no value on their jobs and should be replaced.

Original review: May 5, 2020

Return Policy is not displayed on the website or hardly visible in the market. With that said I mistakenly purchased the wrong vitamin. Within minutes I wanted to exchange it. I was told all sales are final, Why? Contamination can be from the factory, shipping, food handler or other consumers. We are all aware of this when we shop. The product is untampered, box sealed and bottle sealed. All sales are final I was told again, really I can understand with some products but not a completely sealed item. Why can I not exchange or given store credit? This is criminal. We can all make honest mistakes especially someone with some disabilities or simply distracted.

Whole Foods Market is taking advantage of the consumer using a pandemic in order to rob consumers. This is not acceptable and should not be tolerated and honestly they are overpriced on many products. Consumers should be given a option of exchange or store credit not lose what little money we may have during this tough economic times. Whole Foods Market should be ashamed of their criminal policy of all sales final. I myself will never walk into their store ever and I suggest other do the same. We have many other markets where you can shop and feel assure your product is of the highest quality yet if you accidentally purchase the wrong item you can exchange it. I was also hacked in the past through Whole Foods Market Amazon Prime account so be aware of that also. Strike 2 Whole Foods Market. I will never return.

Original review: April 10, 2020

This was my first time ordering from Whole Foods. Some items were out of stock before placing my order, totally understandable. Given the pandemic the items came in time, however half my groceries were missing. I was home so I know it was not taken. Just disappointed, the shopper never called or texted to say if there was an issue. I phoned Amazon and they said the other items showed in stock so they should have been delivered. I take care of an elderly parent and the missing items were staples for her. Very bummed. I was charged the full amount of everything. Won’t do this again.

Original review: April 9, 2020

The customer service has become horrible at the Palm Beach Gardens store since coronavirus hit us. The employees at the customer service desk are rude, argumentative and have no interest in assisting with problems or concerns. It’s become like the airlines where they think they can violate customer rights by doing as they please in the name of “safety”. This is despite the fact that in the name of safety their own employees do not follow proper social distancing guidelines or protect their respiratory droplets from landing on a customers their vicinity. They falsely believe they are so busy that they don’t need to provide a service any longer. This is despite the fact that the customer service desk had 4 employees standing around doing nothing while I was the only customer at the desk.

Whole Foods Company Information