3.70/5

459 Whole Foods Consumer Reviews

Original review: July 3, 2019

I feel at home in this store. Personnel are polite, cheerful and helpful. They recognize regular customers and treat us like family. Jokes included. The produce is usually top notch and organic. Breads are fresh, organic and most times still warm. Salad and hot bars are extremely tempting, even when I'm not hungry. It's all so good. Love this place.

Original review: June 18, 2019

The produce is always fresh. If you don’t see it ask associate and they will be happy to help find it. The seafood department is so fresh you think it jumped out the water itself. Butcher is always happy to see you and cut the meats how you like it. The shelves are always neat and advertising. Love the bakery and cheese selections. Not a food bar person but I always grab a snack from there. Clean store always.

Get expert buying tips about Grocery Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 26, 2019

I love this store for all the healthy food products it carries. It is more expensive than other stores on non-sale items, but the quality of their fruits and vegetables, meats and deli, is great. They carry organic, fresh and non-GMO products, and a variety of unique foods and items. Their weekly sales in the produce section are very reasonable too.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2019

After reading about 50 reviews up here, I've learned a few things... Either people are just RIDICULOUSLY PICKY, I'm blessed to leave near a great Whole Foods (White Plains, NY), or I'm just an uncultured noob who doesn't have the same finely-tuned senses as most everybody else commenting here. First, the produce is UNBELIEVABLY FRESH. I bought a few salad bags and boxes, both of which still did not have any trace of wilting or spoilage, even a few days past the sell-by date.

Second, the Fuji apples were so sweet about four days after I bought them, that I could barely eat them. Third, EVERYONE goes out of their way to help you. Whether it's their department or not, I had people from behind the bakery helping me look for stuff down the aisles. You'd think it was a membership-driven club store, the way they catered to me. Finally, their meats and fresh fish are the best I've ever had. No odors, and they cook up beautifully. I highly recommend the fresh scallops with their French hoity-toity butter from the dairy case, and a little minced garlic. So high-horse riders: Chill out, or go to White Plains.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2018

Thanksgiving 2018 was my mom’s 59th birthday and she got in a terrible car accident the Monday before. On Tuesday I ordered a full Thanksgiving feast from Whole Foods in Newport News, VA and it was AWESOME!! The platters were made fresh and everything was SO delicious. My favorite is the vegan sweet potato Blondie. We are really impressed and really grateful!!! The service on Thanksgiving morning was superb!! I will definitely consider using Whole Foods for needs like this one.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Whole Foods?

Original review: Aug. 16, 2019

Have all of Whole Foods with order from. Can pick delivery time, same day, in one hour (for a small fee) or two hour window, free delivery. Can't beat that. The best, in my opinion, and with Whole Foods I'm assured of the quality of the purchased products.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2019

So love getting soups from the whole foods in Wellington but this time the shrimp chowder was watered down. So obvious, I should have known when I dispensed the soup it was watery, didn’t think much of it at the time but when I tasted it the next day at home, yuck! C’mon, really? Don’t take advantage of your loyal customers!

Original review: July 30, 2019

The Chocolate Chewies Cookies looked very appealing but was nothing like the name of it. It was overbaked and burnt which didn't have the consistency or texture of a cookie. Didn't expect this from Whole Foods and am highly disappointed!!

Original review: July 17, 2019

Was at the Whole Foods butcher department getting some organic grass fed ground hamburger meat. The one on 1st street in Sarasota, Florida. After I was handed the meat and was still in the area of the butcher department. I observed large amounts of chlorine bleach be used to clean up their butchering equipment. The smell was terrible and you could see large amounts of mist and water vapor full of chlorine extending all the way out into the aisle where people were walking by. Worse yet it was settling on all the meat for sale in the open display case. Chlorine is not safe to get large amounts directly on the meat. It’s in the halogen family and causes thyroid problems by blocking your uptake of iodine.

Original review: July 10, 2019

I bought salmon on the evening of 7-3-19. I thought it was odd when the lady behind the counter said she was going to cut off the bones for me. I had never had an issue with bones in salmon. She took the fish to work on it with her back to me. I now suspect she may have been removing worms. When I arrived home, I immediately began to prepare my fish by sprinkling some spices and noticed the very active worm, which I have on video. The only reason I gave one star is that they refunded my money. Beware, folks. There is a reason their $17.99/lb salmon was on sale for $9.99/lb. I thought it was great that I could afford the healthy fish this time. Boy, was I wrong.

Whole Foods Company Information