3.39/5
  • 1 star
Based on 74 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Dec. 7, 2017

300 Whole Foods Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Dec. 7, 2017

I stood behind a person in the checkout line. The cashier seemed really nice, talking with the ** lady customer, laughing, and chit chatting. Then when it's my turn, complete change in attitude. No smile, no greeting, and did not say a word the whole time. Why? Because I'm not ** and blonde or does the store only welcome **? I'm not offended, I just find it amusing because showing some manners and respect for others isn't going to cost you anything. Kinda pathetic.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2017

Started shopping Whole Foods years ago, Austin, TX, focus on whole healthy foods. Shopped in various states over years. Whole Foods, deceptively compromising quality, safety becoming involved with Monsanto, chemical companies toxic products, raising prices, not consumer friendly, high prices, questionable attitudes; bad faith business practices.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Dec. 5, 2017

There is a wonderful array of different types of foods, particularly the fish and other prepared foods. Compared with other stores, however (Trader Joe or Fairway) it is much too expensive so I don't shop there very often. And they don't supply plastic bags if it's raining.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2017

I love being able to buy a wide variety of natural, healthy foods! Whole Foods store has a great supplement department, organic essential oils and also great produce department and lots of fast food options. Wish they would carry more wild caught fish.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2017

Great selection, little hard to get assistance because workers were all busy when I went for help. Helpful when available but bit of a wait necessary. Fayetteville, AR and Tulsa, OK were locations visited. Some items were disproportion in price compared to competitors prices, but would still shop here for the selection, and choices.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Whole Foods?

Original review: Dec. 2, 2017

I like it enough that it's the only grocery store I shop at even though it's fairly far away and the parking is always terrible! Always a good selection and the deli foods are excellent at Whole Foods!

Original review: Dec. 1, 2017

Whole Foods cares about the environment, sustainability, their customers and employees, carries a ton of items simply not available or prohibitively priced in other stores.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2017

Overpriced food and service is poor. Good idea for fresh organic food but the reality falls far short of the aspiration. Bring back Lucky stores.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2017

Been shopping and eating organically for over 20 years and selection used to be so limited. What a delight when our small Wild Oats store morphed into Whole Foods. Mostly outstanding, carefully chosen products; outstanding customer service; ever-growing selection; and now personalized delivery service.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2017

I love this store, clean, it has all I need. Customer service is excellent and they have their own bakery that I love. I can eat healthy foods here, I find the delicious Peruvian olives here, good selection of cheeses. I would love to see some Peruvian dishes in the deli as they have Indian, Asian, etc.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2017

Whole Foods lives up to its reputation for being overpriced. Although they have a wide selection of usual and more interesting products and very good wine selection for a "grocery store".

Original review: Nov. 26, 2017

I always have great experiences when shopping at Whole Foods and I enjoy the hot food, pizza and sushi bars. I just wish they would have better variety of Passover foods and fruits.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2017

Too hi-brow. Aldi is all organic and much cheaper. Need to lower prices to be competitive and of interest. Higher prices does not equal higher quality all the time.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2017

WF SUGARLESS APPLE PIE tastes good but sorrowfully has the ugly no-no ingredient Palm Oil which, of course, has been implicated in everything from deforestation, terrible nutrition and destruction of orangutan habitat. That a company touting itself as a health-concerned enterprise would allow its pie vendor to use such crap in a product is more reason to read every label wherever you food shop. Perhaps its new owner (the mighty Amazon) can be more responsible.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2017

Whole Foods has a wonderful selection of healthy foods, especially fresh produce, although a bit overwhelming. I don't shop often, but when I do, I'm looking for special items, and Whole Foods makes for a pleasant shopping experience... And good snacks to eat from their food bars while shopping.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2017

We went to Whole Foods in Dallas on Lompoc Alto to get Thanksgiving dinner. We got the traditional - turkey, gravy, stuffing, green beans and potatoes. When we got to the checkout - the cost for the potatoes was $12.99 for 3/4 full soup container. When we questioned this amount - we were told that all hot buffet food was charged at $8.50 per lb. When we stated we felt this was exorbitant for mashed potatoes - we were asked if we wanted them or not? Purchased them as we had no other option but will not shop there again as we feel this is poor value and price gouging by Whole Foods.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2017

I do love shopping at Whole Foods and I really enjoy the fruit & vegetable selections. So much to choose from. But I usually go in for Meatless Mondays to get my dinner from their salad bars. It is amazing the variety of hot & cold foods that they have. When I get it on Mondays I usually have enough for 2 meals. My only complaint is that some of their products are just too expensive.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2017

Whole Foods has helpful, knowledgeable staff. From the meat counter to supplements to wine. None of the employees are too busy to help you find something. I fear their purchase by Amazon and the potential to ruin the store.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2017

I tried to update my online order but it refused to accept my password and when I used the "lost password" feature I never received the login in my email. I contacted customer support and got a robotic response that they would be back to me right away but 2 days later they have not been back to me.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2017

Love the store overall. However I've found that the prices are in the high side, sometimes product choices can be limited, and not all employees are knowledgeable about where to find items in the store or if the store even carries the items.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2017

Head of cauliflower at Whole Foods $3.00, at 99 cent store .99 same size. How can you justify this??? Went for fish & chips and coleslaw, no dressing. Kitchen forgot to order it, they couldn't go to a shelf & grab a bottle??? No tartar sauce, same problem. They were out! Couldn't go to a shelf & get it???

Original review: Nov. 20, 2017

Whole Foods has a great bakery, excellent meat quality. Seafood is expensive and Greenville store has a limited selection of fish compared to other stores. Produce is very good but some items are overpriced compared to Publix or Ingles.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2017

I have so many allergies and food sensitivities that the 365 Brand fits into my life as being something I can still eat. I am really appreciative that Whole Foods came to my city and my store has a wide selection of products. Also, I have never found the prices of what I purchase to be out of the ballpark and the produce sure beats some of the other stores in my area. The customer service is extraordinary in the best sense of the word. All the help are extremely helpful and the cashier always has something very friendly to say and they are so good with small children.

If you have a question about a certain product and the help do not know the answer, they will take your name and number and call you when they find out the answer. They will also order something that they do not carry in my local store, but they are able to get a truck to drop it off. And if you find something that you do not like, they will gladly take it back, no questions asked, either for a refund or an exchange. I really appreciate that, since money is tight. I would not hesitate to recommend this store to anyone.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2017

Whole Foods is great if you have dietary issues, however I don't think they do enough to offer products not available anywhere else. Udi's really? Every store including Target sells Udi's and it is not good, but Whole Foods charges more for the products I can get in my local supermarket. They also use carrageenan and other European banned substances in their 365 degree products. Maybe this is why their stock has been falling And they had to sell to Amazon?

Original review: Nov. 7, 2017

The costs are so high that this store self-selects its clientele. This means that shoppers are usually well paid, upwardly mobile segments of society.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2017

Whole Foods is overpriced but many unique items not found in other stores. This market appears to present itself as healthy and wholesome as a means to attract customers, but it is too costly for the average customer to make the store their only place to grocery shop.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2017

I go once a month and I drive 90 mile to go to Whole Foods. I buy produce, cheese, fish, whole grain fresh bread and prepared side dishes. It is well worth my trip.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2017

Customer service is great. They never question my returns. I buy products on sale and products I can only find at Whole Foods. My only complaint is that prices are usually high.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2017

While Whole Foods has a wonderful selection of foods that seem to be thoroughly researched for quality, the price for these products are simply too high. I often shop at several other grocery stores to get some of the exact same products (same brands too) for significantly less. It would be nice to just go to Whole Foods to get all of these products in one place, but I can't justify doing that because their prices aren't even close to competitive.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2017

Whole Foods is a pricey place. Some of the new stores have a very limited variety of foods which takes away from some of the appeal. We go there for unusual items that cannot be found at HEB.

Whole Foods Company Information