3.79/5

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Whole Foods

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Whole Foods Reviews

Original review: July 3, 2019

I feel at home in this store. Personnel are polite, cheerful and helpful. They recognize regular customers and treat us like family. Jokes included. The produce is usually top notch and organic. Breads are fresh, organic and most times still warm. Salad and hot bars are extremely tempting, even when I'm not hungry. It's all so good. Love this place.

Original review: June 18, 2019

The produce is always fresh. If you don’t see it ask associate and they will be happy to help find it. The seafood department is so fresh you think it jumped out the water itself. Butcher is always happy to see you and cut the meats how you like it. The shelves are always neat and advertising. Love the bakery and cheese selections. Not a food bar person but I always grab a snack from there. Clean store always.

Get expert buying tips about Grocery Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 26, 2019

I love this store for all the healthy food products it carries. It is more expensive than other stores on non-sale items, but the quality of their fruits and vegetables, meats and deli, is great. They carry organic, fresh and non-GMO products, and a variety of unique foods and items. Their weekly sales in the produce section are very reasonable too.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2019

After reading about 50 reviews up here, I've learned a few things... Either people are just RIDICULOUSLY PICKY, I'm blessed to leave near a great Whole Foods (White Plains, NY), or I'm just an uncultured noob who doesn't have the same finely-tuned senses as most everybody else commenting here. First, the produce is UNBELIEVABLY FRESH. I bought a few salad bags and boxes, both of which still did not have any trace of wilting or spoilage, even a few days past the sell-by date.

Second, the Fuji apples were so sweet about four days after I bought them, that I could barely eat them. Third, EVERYONE goes out of their way to help you. Whether it's their department or not, I had people from behind the bakery helping me look for stuff down the aisles. You'd think it was a membership-driven club store, the way they catered to me. Finally, their meats and fresh fish are the best I've ever had. No odors, and they cook up beautifully. I highly recommend the fresh scallops with their French hoity-toity butter from the dairy case, and a little minced garlic. So high-horse riders: Chill out, or go to White Plains.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2018

Thanksgiving 2018 was my mom’s 59th birthday and she got in a terrible car accident the Monday before. On Tuesday I ordered a full Thanksgiving feast from Whole Foods in Newport News, VA and it was AWESOME!! The platters were made fresh and everything was SO delicious. My favorite is the vegan sweet potato Blondie. We are really impressed and really grateful!!! The service on Thanksgiving morning was superb!! I will definitely consider using Whole Foods for needs like this one.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Whole Foods?

Original review: Oct. 13, 2019

Since the Amazon take over I have noticed the quality has dropped at my local Whole Foods here in Santa Rosa California. For instance, one day we ordered a sandwich from the deli, and the bread was so stale and Old and dry we threw it away. Also, in the last couple of weeks I have compare the price of king salmon. At whole foods it’s $26.99 a pound, At our local Oliver's market, the same king salmon is $19.99 a pound. The last straw was yesterday. We picked up a package of my favorite Campari tomatoes. When I open the clamshell when I got home more than half of them - when I turn them over - were wrinkled and rotted. These are just three of the most recent examples of why am finally fed up with the Whole Foods industry.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2019

I have been a long time buyer of WF roasted chickens. just about every week and have been very satisfied. Typically, I come into the store for a "Simple Roasted Chicken" for dinner, and leave the store with a basket full of other (albeit expensive) groceries. A few weeks ago, in their "green" compliance, they started using a different type of carry out packaging (which is no problem for me), for the roast chickens, and simultaneously, with this new packing, reduced the weight of the roasted chickens (same price) from a minimum of 3+ lbs to a new 2 1/2 lbs and less.

I have complained to WF as this new packaging seemed to provide a very convenient cover for the "new" paltry roast chicken weight, making it less apparent to the consumer what WF has done. Very clever for WF to save $$ on tens of thousands of smaller sized chickens, shipped to their stores to be roasted. But, any savvy consumer of WF will figure it out, and not be fooled, and like me, express their discontent by their wallet by not even entering the store. In the words of the adage "penny wise...pound foolish" WF.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2019

Have brought nearly 6 pounds of organic grass-fed ground beef from Whole Foods over a period of two months. The taste of this beef is terrible at best. The only words I know to describe the taste was rotten like. This bad taste lingered for two hours until I drank some juice. In fact, the quality of many products, not only meat, has gone way down over the past 3 years. This past year though has been the worst yet. This is very depressing. Their quality dropped and they still have the best products, at the retail store level. More and more I am ordering online for groceries. Amazon Whole Foods is a horrible necessity. I knew that friendly smart people who knew their food products would eventually be replaced with Walmart workers. Just depressing. I used to enjoy shopping there so much.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2019

I bought some "organically grown" apples from Whole Foods in Kailua, Hawaii. When I got home I noticed that the PLU code was 694134. I had never seen organic produce starting with a 6. This made me wonder what that meant. So I tried to look it up. According to the IFPS website - there are over 1400 codes and they are all standardized. According to the IFPS website, Code 6 is for "precut" fruits and vegetables. However, these were whole Gala apples being sold as organic. Then I just tried to look up the code 94134 - there was no produce associated with that code. I decided to look-up code 4134, again there was no produce associated with that code.

When I called to ask about it, the customer service person first tried to lie to me by telling me that the PLU codes that start with 6 means organically grown. When I told her I went to the IFPS website and that was not true, that a code starting with 9 means it's organically grown. She became rude and lied again by saying it was a store code. When I told her that I went to Whole Foods PLU website - and it was not on that website. In fact it was not on any website, for grocers or stores. This is really disappointing, because I recently found out that the food bar doesn't use organically grown vegetable or pasture raised meats. That's Strike 2 for Whole Foods! These are 2 ways in which they are deceiving the public. What other ways are they deceiving us? They need to be exposed.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2019

I went to Whole Foods today to buy some fish. I selected a piece of Sea Bass and asked if I could smell it. The employee at the seafood counter told me no he could not let me get that close. I couldn't believe my ears. Needless to say that is the last time I will be going to WF.

Whole Foods Company Information