Take a quiz, get matched with an Accredited Partner!
  2. Shopping
  3. Grocery Stores

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.87/5

Wegmans Reviews

Original review: March 19, 2020

When you use Wegmans' on-line pickup or delivery service they do not guarantee actual delivery even when you order a week ahead of time. If you call Wegmans to complain, they say that it is a different company, even though that company isn’t mentioned while you are making the transaction, and apparently the other company is owned by Wegmans. Just don’t assume that if you order something from Wegmans and that order is later confirmed you will actually receive the item.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2020

Their staff can answer any questions you have. And they go the extra mile in helping you. The quality of their meats is excellent. Even when they are unpacking the merchandise, on the side of the carton it says "grain fed, non GMO, anesthesia for the chickens." Worth a few dollars more in those items. However, in many other cases their prices are comparable or even lower than the Walmart.

Get expert buying tips about Grocery Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2019

Wegmans has pretty much stopped carrying name brand products switching to lower quality Wegmans brand items. We have always shopped Wegmans but now shop other stores that carry the brand we like. Price is not an issue. Taste is. However I have seen where they jack the price of name brand products up as they introduce the Wegmans' brand right next to it with a much lower price. I have talked to management but they don't care. They just say here's the suggestion box. Typical Auburn NY.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2019

We always buy the frozen discounted turkey for Thanksgiving dinner. Every year in the past, we have been disappointed with the product as there always seemed to be something missing or damaged. We have had missing wing parts, not all the giblets were present and discolored or bruised body parts. We never complained to the Kroger, Safeway, etc stores as we judged the cheaper price meant lower quality. This year we took advantage of the low priced frozen bird at Wegmans in Midlothian, VA. The turkey was perfect in appearance and all the inner parts were included. We are grateful that Wegmans picks its suppliers carefully and look forward to our next discounted buy from Wegmans.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2019

I've had consistently bad experiences with Wegman's produce: slimy lettuce, moldy mushrooms, mushy apples. I bring it to their attention but it doesn't seem to improve. Their meat is tasteless too. Even though the store location is convenient for me, I just can't be bothered anymore.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Wegmans?

Original review: Nov. 21, 2019

I was standing in line behind a female customer. When the male Clerk Finished with her he moved over to another register and waited on someone else while I was still in line at the 1st register. I waited there 10 minutes. When the female clerk then waited on me she was OK but just OK. The Male clerk Never said anything to me. I was a little irritated.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2019

Wegmans quality, and especially in the area of produce is not what it used to be. For example I recently stopped in to buy some hearts of romaine lettuce. I am not exaggerating when I say each and every package I inspected was rotten on the shelf. Why would anyone want to pay for something just to take it home and throw it away? This was not a one time occurrance either, it has more so been the norm lately. When I first moved to Rochester NY 14 years ago Wegmans was my go to place for everything, now not so much.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2019

I didn't work here. However from the interview I could tell right away I wasn't interested! They kept mentioning about having to work holidays and having to work at least one weekend AND on top of that you 'may' have to stay until 12 am at night. That would leave anyone with NO LIFE at all - these people are NUTS. Next time state those hours in the job description so nobody wastes their time to come to your nasty interview with your sleazy company.

I used to have a good impression of Wegmans but now I'll be shopping somewhere else because of the way I was treated during the interview they seemed to look down at me because I didn't seem to want work holidays - also they think are somehow better than me because I am a freelancer and not a constant slave to companies like them I'm sure - VERY RUDE and ARROGANT PEOPLE. In fact I look down on people such as YOU who have no concept of independence. You're obviously a slave to your company. Only a loser would give up ALL their free time to work for a job. NO THANK YOU.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2019

Became disenchanted with Wegman's a few years ago. Their Wegman's brand pretty much has taken over the store. While I do like their brand for some things, not for every thing. Thank goodness for Orchard Fresh, Whole Foods, Target and even Tops for organic non-Wegman's brands. I was in the Maple Road store tonight, ready to check out and discovered there were no express lanes open. An employee tried to get me to use the check out yourself area - I said "I don't work here" and left the building!

Original review: Oct. 20, 2019

I came in there this morning to pick up my twin boys' birthday cakes. I ordered them over a week ago for their 10th birthday party the morning of pickup on Saturday, October 19th (this morning). I had my sons with me when I picked up the cakes and learned that the store made a big mistake in my order. The "identical" sized cakes I ordered for my identical twins' party, were 2 very different sizes. Obviously, this is a big deal for identical twins when one has a bigger cake than the other for such a milestone birthday.

The bakery manager, Lori ** (I think is her new last name?), said that they could make me another one. Before I could remind her that the party was less than an hour from that time, so that of course wouldn't work, my 10 year old son, who has Autism, said to her (very calmly), "But the party is this morning." Lori replied to him, "I understand, but that's no reason to be rude." That was the first strike against Lori. Not only is that extremely unprofessional, but my son wasn't even actually being rude. When I pointed this out to her, she said, "I don't like your tone." (to me). Strike number two against Lori.

I was incredulous that she said that to me, as that is obviously not only poor customer service, but obviously I would at least have a "tone" after she just accused my son of being rude. I asked her if she even had any children and she actually said (please don't miss this part), "Yes, I have three and they don't act like that! (pointing to my 10 year old Autistic son)".....I explained to her that firstly, there's nothing wrong with the way my son "acted" and second, he has special needs and is on the Autism spectrum so for her to say something that incredibly insensitive is completely unacceptable.

I then asked for her manager and a nice man named "Tom" came over and apologized profusely for what happened after I relayed it to him. Tom saved the day, but Lori should not be employed by a company that professes to have such fantastic customer service and claims to be accommodating to people "of all abilities" on their website. I am shocked and appalled by her conduct after already making such an enormous mistake in the order in the first place.

Wegmans Company Information