3.87/5
Based on 38 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

125 Wegmans Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: May 5, 2018

I went shopping yesterday to Wegmans in Frederick Maryland. I go shopping there from time to time but not regularly. I had a craving for sushi and I like those in Wegmans. So I went with my daughter and there, I saw their poorly stocked, not fresh (the avocado in the sushi were brownish) and dried up (the rice wrappers in the rolls broke). It was a huge disappointment. I went then to see if they had their delicious peach muffins... They did not. Maybe it is not yet the season, but it was another disappointment.

We took a few things and went to the self checkout. I bought a couple of bulk food in plastic containers. The clerk came to help us with the item #. He was very adamant to weight the 2 containers at the same time, meaning that the tare would be apply once instead of twice. He was not happy, even rude, when I insisted to weight the 2 containers separately and he made a comment on the fact that it was just about the weight of 1 container... I agree, it is just one poor little plastic container, but on the principle, it is very wrong. I used to love going there, for their food and for their service. Obviously, something change, but not in the positive way. I hope it was just one of those bad days, that even a store might have, and not a new trend.

Original review: March 30, 2018

My husband applied for a management-level job & was given an interview date/time. Upon meeting "Matt", my husband gave him his very-extensive resume, he didn't even look at it. When my husband asked about a corporate-level job consideration, Matt said, "If they didn't call you, they probably aren't interested". For all the rave reviews I read when my husband said he was applying, this treatment was very surprising. Resumes are submitted to detail what may have only been mentioned on the actual application.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Feb. 4, 2018

When the store in my area first opened, they had everything all the time. Now though, when I shop they are more and more likely to be out of what I am looking for. In addition, I've had to throw away products because they had been ruined by freezing. I've had zero response from the store on this. I am not a price sensitive customer, so I'll just end up buying from Amazon and Whole Foods more.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2018

I normally spend a lot of money in store and via Instacart and switched from Giant to Wegmans because of the quality of the food that I get from Wegmans. Today I came into Wegmans with my daughter to pick up my groceries and felt really watched and profiled. Your policewoman followed me a little too closely and I felt like a criminal when I am spending cash off of my debit card to buy groceries multiple times per week both in store and via Instacart. At the end of my trip, I made sure to sit on the bench in front of the supermarket and pull out my receipt so hopefully when she sees me again I am not profiled. I saw her and made eye contact way too many times throughout my trip there today...

I am considering switching back to Giant because the food may be more expensive and the quality not as good but at least I am respected and not followed through the aisles there. Perhaps you need a better security system... Oh did I mention I am a ** woman??? Not too pleased with the trip there tonight, though I did speak with customer service who helped me sign in to the app today after the person that signed me up for the club card originally entered my email incorrectly which resulted in me not being able to sign into the app for a long time and thus not receive the digital coupons... Customer service did refund me $6 because that is what I would've saved with digital coupons but unfortunately after going over my bill the refund should've been $8 :(.

Updated on 01/30/2018: Spoke with manager Matt at Wegmans food market who said due to the "area" the officers are there to make customers feel safe while shopping inside of the store. Read... make the other customers feel safe while the ** ones are shopping :(. This "area" has homes that are $1,000,000+ maybe a mile away, along with a private school across the street, and La-Z-Boy, and Home Goods in the same shopping center along with every other car being a new luxury vehicle, oh and a new Tesla dealership about a mile away :(. That's the "area" he is referring to :(.

Besides that what does an officer following me around have to do with making another customer feel safe in the store. He said that they will review the tape (told him what I was wearing) for training purposes for the asset protection department, due to the policewoman wearing a gun and a jacket that said "police" the whole time and following me around. I am not so sure I feel safe inside the store anymore but not due to the other customers, due to the police :(. Sigh, back to Giant I go...

Original review: Jan. 20, 2018

Unfortunately the more pre made products I've purchase lately the worse the quality. Chicken fingers soggy, pizza (this store serves squares)... Horrible. Would not buy again, chicken french dinner, the pieces get smaller every time I buy it. Can products... Very low quality. If I'm going to buy cheap I'll buy Aldis. The quality is better and the price is better. Had a stocker get mad at me because he was stocking water and I was putting it in my cart. Seriously who do you think you're putting it there for? Made me so uncomfortable. I stopped putting it in my cart. Stock people are rude. Buy a can of Wegmans vegetables and a can of the same vegetable with a well known distributor. Open them together. You will see the difference. They're going downhill fast. Better pay attention Wegmans. Don't even start me on their garbage bags... Stores almost all Wegmans products now.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Wegmans?

Original review: Jan. 9, 2018

I was charged $149 membership fee for 2018 and told will be charged same for 2019. I had made no agreement for membership when I ordered. I cancelled my credit card as the result. But when I called Wegmans customer service they immediately cancelled the fee! I appreciated that, but the act by itself is sleazy. People using Wegmans should check their credit card statements! The product I ordered was satisfactory though. One star is for the fraudulent and sleazy act. I won't be using them again.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2017

In Syracuse, NY, and the suburbs. When I ask for assistance, it is always delivered to me in a professional manner. When paying for the purchase, I am always thanked, when shopping some city stores, and all in the suburbs, I get thanked. For some reason the ethnic checkers at registers in the city of Syracuse don't seem to thank customers, or at least some customers. I usually get a stare, or blank look after I say "Thank You" to checkers here. Again, this happens in the City of Syracuse, in the suburbs, they are all very nice and courteous.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2017

Wegmans is a very nice place to shop. I have been going there since it opened and have seen many changes, some for the better and some for the worse. The worse is that Wal-Mart has a bigger selection of one company's product than Wegmans. Wegmans is pushing more of their brand of foods than others thus giving one a smaller selection. The big problem is that Corporate doesn't listen to the shoppers, but instead adheres to what their people tell them.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2017

I have been shopping Wegmans since 1965 and I can't find any store in our area that matches the quality, selection, value or professionalism. They have friendly, knowledgeable & helpful employees in every department. Their store locations are convenient and they have great selections in every department. They have a full Pharmacy with helpful Pharmacists and plenty of Handicap parking spaces. WEGMANS is our store to shop.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2017

Wegmans has poor time stocking shelves. They continuously crowd the aisles on a Sunday during busiest shopping hours. There are often occurrences when normally stocked items are not available due to "corporate" decision to cut.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2017

Although sometimes the prices are a little high or there isn't enough selection, as Wegmans will try to get you to buy their brand, the customer service is excellent at my store! They will go out of their way to help the customer.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2017

A clean store with great personnel and they make shopping pleasurable. The prices are reasonable too and they make shopping a pleasure. Happy employees make for exceptional customer service, I do not shop for groceries anywhere else.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2017

The quality of products from the various departments is generally quite high. Produce is sometimes not as fresh as I would like, but considering all that goes into trucking across country, etc, I give the store a pass. Overall, because of the quality, fair pricing, and great customer service, I drive 10 miles each way to shop at Wegmans.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2017

Wegmans is always clean, well-lit and stocks an ample supply of products. It is a pleasant experience to do my shopping there. Their bakery items are delicious, and their produce is always fresh and tasty. Sometimes on the weekends they have free samples of seasonal products which I enjoy. Wegmans is by far my favorite supermarket.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2017

Everyday low prices, excellent customer service, quality products, double coupons and excellent website for making grocery list to access on iPhone in store.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2017

Wegmans has almost everything you could possibly want and very high quality. The people who work there will do anything to help you find something and are always friendly and helpful.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2017

Shopping at Wegmans is always easy. They have a large selection and special sections for organic, regular items and specialty items. Everyone is always so friendly and helpful too.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2017

I can trust the freshness, quality and family tradition of customer service. Wegmans does not seem to reuse leftover meat, vegs by repackage and putting on sale. Fresh bakery, fresh fruits and excellent choices.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2017

I love Wegmans. The quality of the store is the best, from the food to the people who work there. They do one thing and do it extremely well. I have never found anything that wasn't top of the line meat, produce and the best bakery.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2017

Wegmans is one of the best supermarkets ever! Clean store and restrooms! Fresh produce and uplifting atmosphere. Friendly staff... Very helpful and accommodating. Good prices if you are in the middle to upper middle-class. I'd love to work in the cheese dept. or bread dept. Excellent bakery!!!

Original review: Nov. 7, 2017

Wegmans is the best supermarket around. If you can't find it at Wegmans it cannot be found. Their customer service is second to none!!! The store is laid out like no other. They always have like items with like items. Words can't describe how great they are. You have see the store to believe it for yourself!!!

Original review: Nov. 5, 2017

Fresh, variety, convenience, and friendly! I have traveled all over the US and Canada, there is no comparison. This is hands down the best supermarket I have ever had the pleasure to shop at. Well worth it.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2017

Wegmans is the best large grocery store ever. It has a nice environment, offers superior and varied products including local produce and a large amount of international foods. Many areas such as their bakery, cheese, meat and prepared food section have the ambiance and service of an older Era market. Service is excellent everywhere. There are some nice small courtesies such as close parking for moms, motorized carts for those who can't walk and many other services within the store. No other grocery chain I have been in offers such a comprehensive and consistent product line and service.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2017

Wegmans offers the largest array of food items I have seen in one store. It includes exotic, diet specific, and basic need foods. Their basic food prices - milk, eggs, meats - are less expensive than most stores and they also have a vast variety of specialty meats and fish and items I have no idea what I would do with. They also have take-out foods, nutrition booklets, coupons, special programs and the store is clean and well stocked.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2017

A vast array of food, hot and cold, Indian and Chinese food buffets, and so much more. Fresh produce. A coffee bar too. Full meals prepared upon request and a cafe upstairs.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2017

Wegmans offers a large variety of great quality foods -- fresh fruits and veggies, dairy, specialty items and seafood. Their customer service is always friendly and professional, and prices reasonable.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2017

Great, clean grocery store with lots of choices. Bakery, buffet, pizza, small sit in restaurant inside, good fish, meats, deli, good selections of carefully picked fruits and vegetables. Great wine and beer section, friendly and clean employee with no visible tattoo (that's refreshing...). Maybe more expensive than other grocery stores but, then again... you get what you pay for.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2017

After buying these cakes for many years for my son's birthday, I was not happy this year to find out that they no longer do "free hand decorating". I had wanted a Halloween themed birthday cake which was a tradition... Previously we had been very happy with the finished product. Imagine my surprise to find a simple white sheet cake that said Happy Birthday ** with plastic pumpkin and ghost rings placed around the border - are you serious?! For $39 dollars that was the best you could do? To be fair it was moist and tasty, but I will never buy another cake from Wegmans. They are ridiculously overpriced now.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2017

Wegmans’ overall quality and customer service is excellent. For example, in the cheese department if you would like to try a cheese they will open a cheese that is on display and give you a sample. They will do the same thing in the cold cut department.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2017

Wegmans is somewhat like a Whole Foods, which we do not have in our market area. They provide items that are not found in many other stores, although the pricing is somewhat less than stellar. Their food stations for pick-up and take-out are marvelous. Bountiful fruits and vegetables.

Wegmans Company Information