2. Shopping
  3. Grocery Stores

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.84/5

Wegmans Reviews

Original review: May 12, 2020

OK except.... Selling masks??? I consider that unconscionable given the fact that free ones can be picked up at Town Hall and city residents are being mailed free ones!! And who is keeping track of everyone? There were countless people shopping without a mask. I was afraid and also did not think I should have to ask those people or tattle on them.

Original review: April 12, 2020

Wegmans Germantown Delivery Service. I was quite disappointed in Wegmans’s Delivery Option during the pandemic. If you want or need delivery (an option I am grateful for) you should be aware of the add on charges they are imposing. I found the fees to be excessive. Not only are the cost of food increased but they charge a service fee as well as a delivery fee. I don’t find them to be very transparent in explaining what the various fees are for and why they charge more for the food that is being delivered. Although I can afford to do this, it maybe the only option for the elderly, disabled and the sick who would be in the most need and least able to afford to pay for the service.

Get buying tips about Grocery Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 19, 2020

When you use Wegmans' on-line pickup or delivery service they do not guarantee actual delivery even when you order a week ahead of time. If you call Wegmans to complain, they say that it is a different company, even though that company isn’t mentioned while you are making the transaction, and apparently the other company is owned by Wegmans. Just don’t assume that if you order something from Wegmans and that order is later confirmed you will actually receive the item.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2020

Their staff can answer any questions you have. And they go the extra mile in helping you. The quality of their meats is excellent. Even when they are unpacking the merchandise, on the side of the carton it says "grain fed, non GMO, anesthesia for the chickens." Worth a few dollars more in those items. However, in many other cases their prices are comparable or even lower than the Walmart.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2019

Wegmans has pretty much stopped carrying name brand products switching to lower quality Wegmans brand items. We have always shopped Wegmans but now shop other stores that carry the brand we like. Price is not an issue. Taste is. However I have seen where they jack the price of name brand products up as they introduce the Wegmans' brand right next to it with a much lower price. I have talked to management but they don't care. They just say here's the suggestion box. Typical Auburn NY.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Wegmans?

Original review: Nov. 30, 2019

We always buy the frozen discounted turkey for Thanksgiving dinner. Every year in the past, we have been disappointed with the product as there always seemed to be something missing or damaged. We have had missing wing parts, not all the giblets were present and discolored or bruised body parts. We never complained to the Kroger, Safeway, etc stores as we judged the cheaper price meant lower quality. This year we took advantage of the low priced frozen bird at Wegmans in Midlothian, VA. The turkey was perfect in appearance and all the inner parts were included. We are grateful that Wegmans picks its suppliers carefully and look forward to our next discounted buy from Wegmans.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2019

I've had consistently bad experiences with Wegman's produce: slimy lettuce, moldy mushrooms, mushy apples. I bring it to their attention but it doesn't seem to improve. Their meat is tasteless too. Even though the store location is convenient for me, I just can't be bothered anymore.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2019

I was standing in line behind a female customer. When the male Clerk Finished with her he moved over to another register and waited on someone else while I was still in line at the 1st register. I waited there 10 minutes. When the female clerk then waited on me she was OK but just OK. The Male clerk Never said anything to me. I was a little irritated.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2019

Wegmans quality, and especially in the area of produce is not what it used to be. For example I recently stopped in to buy some hearts of romaine lettuce. I am not exaggerating when I say each and every package I inspected was rotten on the shelf. Why would anyone want to pay for something just to take it home and throw it away? This was not a one time occurrance either, it has more so been the norm lately. When I first moved to Rochester NY 14 years ago Wegmans was my go to place for everything, now not so much.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2019

I didn't work here. However from the interview I could tell right away I wasn't interested! They kept mentioning about having to work holidays and having to work at least one weekend AND on top of that you 'may' have to stay until 12 am at night. That would leave anyone with NO LIFE at all - these people are NUTS. Next time state those hours in the job description so nobody wastes their time to come to your nasty interview with your sleazy company.

I used to have a good impression of Wegmans but now I'll be shopping somewhere else because of the way I was treated during the interview they seemed to look down at me because I didn't seem to want work holidays - also they think are somehow better than me because I am a freelancer and not a constant slave to companies like them I'm sure - VERY RUDE and ARROGANT PEOPLE. In fact I look down on people such as YOU who have no concept of independence. You're obviously a slave to your company. Only a loser would give up ALL their free time to work for a job. NO THANK YOU.

Wegmans Company Information