4.01/5

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Wegmans

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

135 Wegmans Consumer Reviews

Original review: July 14, 2019

Well how do I start explaining this? Ok so I went there about 10pm at night and used the family rest room. And while I was pulling up my pants after doing my bathroom business I saw a bed bug crawling on the floor and then up on the wall. Just fyi. I have seen a lot of hobo type people there you know the guys who ride bikes with giant black bags of cans they dumpster dove for. Not sure if it's connected with the cause of the bed bug but it almost crawled up my pants when I had my pants lowered. The thing was strategic and I kept getting bites all of my ankles when I worked there. Now I think I know how and why.?

Original review: June 4, 2019

Geneva Wegmans sucks the big one! Wegmans used to be our favorite store. Now there are so many "Organic" products on the shelves that the selection of other brands of products has been severely reduced. Even their range of store brands has been reduced. ALSO, they are trying to force you to use "self checkouts" by only keeping 2 regular lines open and putting their slowest clerks on the registers. Took us 20 minutes to check out and there was only 1 normal size order ahead of us. Looks like we will be shopping more at Wally World, Tops and Big M, unless they go down the same path.

Get expert buying tips about Grocery Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 3, 2019

Our local Wegmans has a great variety of goods, and the employees are generally helpful and nice. I also regularly shop at my local Giant. That too has a great variety and I like it a lot. The big difference between the two stores are the CUSTOMERS!! Some social scientist should do a study of the customer behavior at both stores. My fellow Giant customers are typically very nice and respectful of others' shopping experience. I CANNOT say the same for customers at Wegmans. Completely opposite...

Wegmans customers typically park their carts in the middle of aisles and often block intersections. They also stop dead in the middle of the aisles making you wield your big cart around them and don't even seem aware that they are doing it. They also cross right in front of you, so you have to stop dead in your tracks to avoid a collision. They reach around in front of you to grabs items and have no problem violating your personal space. They hardly EVER say excuse me. What is going on here? The only thing that comes to my mind is that these shoppers have more money and consequently think they have more privilege. It's really an eye opener and disgraceful. I have friends who shop at Wegmans and they have the same experiences that I do. One even mentioned that someone got ugly in the parking lot because she was in his way. YIKES! Has anyone else out there noticed this?

Original review: Jan. 9, 2019

Wegmans of Williamsport really needs to enforce a no fragrance policy for employees who handle food. On more than one occasion, the cashier's fragrance was all over my groceries. I've spoken to the front end manager about this issue before but it was apparently a waste of my time. This is very disappointing, frustrating, and quite honestly it makes me sick.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2019

I am now spending the new year of 2019 writing up a rather extensive complain of the pharmacy. I've been a customer there since it opened, about 2 and a quarter years ago. I've had generally good service by the pharmacy until recently. There was a time, earlier in 2018, when my call was rerouted to the New York office, where they did not give me the right information. I had to call the local pharmacy and go over the entire transaction due to misinformation by the New York office. I was not happy, in the first place, to be rerouted by phone, to New York on a day the local pharmacy was busy, much less that they made an error. But, I let it go. I have chosen to let several things go and write it off to human error. However, now, on Jan. 5th, 2019, I am forced to take a good bit of my time to write up, not only an error by the pharmacy, but a recurring error and being talked to very badly by the young, new pharmacist.

Since Dec. 26th, 2018, until Dec. 31, 2018, I was told three different answers to my questions regarding getting a prescription filled that I have been getting filled there for over two years, since they opened. Not only have serious errors been made with regard to my prescription, I believe, according to my doctor's office, that I have been lied to. If that isn't bad enough, this impertinent pharmacist told me that she was tired of my "attitude" and other brazen insults when I had caught her in a lie. She ended up filling my prescription, not because she called my doctor's office, as she claimed, but because I was right in the first place. And, apparently, she didn't want to admit it. She then admonished me to "at least show up" before the store closed some hours later to get my medicine after all she had done for me.

I called my doctor's office twice to investigate her call to them, and both times was assured that she did not call. It's a small office and it is a world renowned practice from a major hospital here. And they asked every Medical Assistant TWICE if they had talked to this pharmacist not a half hour earlier. No, she did not call. So, I am spending my free time this Saturday writing the details of this awful experience. I will be sending a copy of my complaint to the manager of the store, the pharmacy manager, and to my doctor's office. If I do not get an apology, I will continue up the chain until I am satisfied with the results. This pharmacy used to be superb.

In addition, I took back an item I had purchased recently for a refund on Jan 2. And the woman at customer service acted like it was such a bother for her, implying that I was doing something wrong by returning a product well within the return time allowed. Since this store is going downhill, I will take every opportunity to prevent further erosion by making complaints. Meanwhile, I am doing the bulk of my grocery shopping elsewhere now.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Wegmans?

Original review: Dec. 13, 2018

We moved from Northern Virginia to Charlottesville and were delighted to find a new Wegmans was being built near us. However over the last 2.5 years we have found the store disappointing. After a wonderful Wegmans experience in Northern VA, the Charlottesville store has yet to be fully stocked at any moment and many of our favorites are not even made or sold at this store. Its fresh produce is always lacking, many times old or not available. In an area full of fresh local produce that is unacceptable. Both the other grocery chains have better produce. On the positive side, the natural/organics they do have are priced well. They do have the best wine prices next to Costco, so that is a plus. They say they have wine tastings but rarely. The beer tastings are much more frequent.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2018

I've only been to Wegmans twice. My store of preference is 12200 Wegmans Blvd.; Richmond, Va. 23233. I was amazed the very first time I went and I only got a couple of things because I was so excited about this store. I went back Dec. 1st and I got seafood Cod, and swordfish. Then I went to the Cheese tasting and fell in love with the Scottish cheddar cheese; so I brought some. I also love the variety of breads so I got the Loaf of Cracked Oat Wheat and I got organic lettuce and tomatoes. Some things I saw I didn't know what they were. I got the swordfish when they explained it was a mild fish. I agree, I grilled it and will be back to get more. Although my fave fish is Red Snapper but they were out the 2nd time I went back.

The store was very cleaned and all the smells of produce and vegetables were fresh. I will be returning very soon to look for something new to try in the Cheese department and Seafood dept. Whenever I asked questions everyone was so nice; no one ever acted as if it was a bother to answer questions from a customer. In fact they actually engaged me in conversation about the items I inquired about. This is what I call "good customer service"; so I will definitely be shopping here. I travel quite a ways to get here to this Wegmans but I enjoy the products; so it's worth it.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

I can't be the only person this has happened to or there's a black cloud over my head. The Wegmans Pharmacy inconvenienced me from the first day I decided to use them, first they didn't know how to send text alerts to my phone. I thought it was my cell phone provider so I changed providers. Later I found out it was them (Wegmans). Then they couldn't set up my online pharmacy. It turned out somehow they had two accounts for me. I was told three different things I had to do. Finally after 2 months they said, "Oh we can just merge the accounts." Later there was a problem with the autofill. Now they can't get my pain medication out to me on time, I am constantly calling for one thing or the other. This has been a terrible experience...

Original review: Sept. 30, 2018

We just went to the Lancaster store. My son purchased hot food to go. They charge $9.49 per pound but don't have a scale. Therefore you don't know how much you are spending until you get to the checkout counter. We weighed it in produce. Our container of food was .92. When we got to the check out I asked if you take off for the container. The woman said yes. She weighed it and charged us the weight of .92 and told us she took the container weight off. I told she did not. I asked her to call the manager. The man told me it was correct. I said no it was not because I already weighed it. I asked him to do it again. He did it again. The container actually weighed .10 so the price went down 95 cents. I said, "You have been overcharging people all day a dollar." They did not care. I asked for a discount they refused and told me I was disrespectful. It was the manager who was disrespectful trying to rip me off. Wegmans does not care about customers and honesty.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2018

Our family always shop at local Wegmans at the Tilghman street in Allentown, PA. Good store, always good and quality product, but pharmacy feels like not The Wegmans Pharmacy, more like they not belong to the store. Before I was thinking why not a lot of people around the pharmacy, always pretty busy all other departments but not Pharmacy, today I understand why? Just because who work there very rude, and not the regular staff but exactly the pharmacist. All what I ask can they do for me shingles vaccine, and in the beginning they told me "No problem, just fill the form and pay," but pharmacist Adrienne ** say "No, we not going to do it because You did not make first shot in here and You are not our customer..."

Waw, we always in top 10 spenders in this particular store, how I know because the store manager give it to as some gifts in beginning of the year for thank You to be a top 10 our customer. And this moment I'm understand why Wegmans pharmacy always empty, they just do not want to work, what for? Easy. Just say "You are not our customer. Get lost." Some friends say try to Whole Foods, I guess eventually everyone will... PS. Sorry for my English, originally we are from one of the European country.

Wegmans Company Information