2.63/5
Based on 122 reviews that contain star ratings

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

132 Wegmans Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Jan. 9, 2019

Wegmans of Williamsport really needs to enforce a no fragrance policy for employees who handle food. On more than one occasion, the cashier's fragrance was all over my groceries. I've spoken to the front end manager about this issue before but it was apparently a waste of my time. This is very disappointing, frustrating, and quite honestly it makes me sick.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2019

I am now spending the new year of 2019 writing up a rather extensive complain of the pharmacy. I've been a customer there since it opened, about 2 and a quarter years ago. I've had generally good service by the pharmacy until recently. There was a time, earlier in 2018, when my call was rerouted to the New York office, where they did not give me the right information. I had to call the local pharmacy and go over the entire transaction due to misinformation by the New York office. I was not happy, in the first place, to be rerouted by phone, to New York on a day the local pharmacy was busy, much less that they made an error. But, I let it go. I have chosen to let several things go and write it off to human error. However, now, on Jan. 5th, 2019, I am forced to take a good bit of my time to write up, not only an error by the pharmacy, but a recurring error and being talked to very badly by the young, new pharmacist.

Since Dec. 26th, 2018, until Dec. 31, 2018, I was told three different answers to my questions regarding getting a prescription filled that I have been getting filled there for over two years, since they opened. Not only have serious errors been made with regard to my prescription, I believe, according to my doctor's office, that I have been lied to. If that isn't bad enough, this impertinent pharmacist told me that she was tired of my "attitude" and other brazen insults when I had caught her in a lie. She ended up filling my prescription, not because she called my doctor's office, as she claimed, but because I was right in the first place. And, apparently, she didn't want to admit it. She then admonished me to "at least show up" before the store closed some hours later to get my medicine after all she had done for me.

I called my doctor's office twice to investigate her call to them, and both times was assured that she did not call. It's a small office and it is a world renowned practice from a major hospital here. And they asked every Medical Assistant TWICE if they had talked to this pharmacist not a half hour earlier. No, she did not call. So, I am spending my free time this Saturday writing the details of this awful experience. I will be sending a copy of my complaint to the manager of the store, the pharmacy manager, and to my doctor's office. If I do not get an apology, I will continue up the chain until I am satisfied with the results. This pharmacy used to be superb.

In addition, I took back an item I had purchased recently for a refund on Jan 2. And the woman at customer service acted like it was such a bother for her, implying that I was doing something wrong by returning a product well within the return time allowed. Since this store is going downhill, I will take every opportunity to prevent further erosion by making complaints. Meanwhile, I am doing the bulk of my grocery shopping elsewhere now.

Get expert buying tips about Grocery Stores delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Dec. 13, 2018

We moved from Northern Virginia to Charlottesville and were delighted to find a new Wegmans was being built near us. However over the last 2.5 years we have found the store disappointing. After a wonderful Wegmans experience in Northern VA, the Charlottesville store has yet to be fully stocked at any moment and many of our favorites are not even made or sold at this store. Its fresh produce is always lacking, many times old or not available. In an area full of fresh local produce that is unacceptable. Both the other grocery chains have better produce. On the positive side, the natural/organics they do have are priced well. They do have the best wine prices next to Costco, so that is a plus. They say they have wine tastings but rarely. The beer tastings are much more frequent.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2018

I've only been to Wegmans twice. My store of preference is 12200 Wegmans Blvd.; Richmond, Va. 23233. I was amazed the very first time I went and I only got a couple of things because I was so excited about this store. I went back Dec. 1st and I got seafood Cod, and swordfish. Then I went to the Cheese tasting and fell in love with the Scottish cheddar cheese; so I brought some. I also love the variety of breads so I got the Loaf of Cracked Oat Wheat and I got organic lettuce and tomatoes. Some things I saw I didn't know what they were. I got the swordfish when they explained it was a mild fish. I agree, I grilled it and will be back to get more. Although my fave fish is Red Snapper but they were out the 2nd time I went back.

The store was very cleaned and all the smells of produce and vegetables were fresh. I will be returning very soon to look for something new to try in the Cheese department and Seafood dept. Whenever I asked questions everyone was so nice; no one ever acted as if it was a bother to answer questions from a customer. In fact they actually engaged me in conversation about the items I inquired about. This is what I call "good customer service"; so I will definitely be shopping here. I travel quite a ways to get here to this Wegmans but I enjoy the products; so it's worth it.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

I can't be the only person this has happened to or there's a black cloud over my head. The Wegmans Pharmacy inconvenienced me from the first day I decided to use them, first they didn't know how to send text alerts to my phone. I thought it was my cell phone provider so I changed providers. Later I found out it was them (Wegmans). Then they couldn't set up my online pharmacy. It turned out somehow they had two accounts for me. I was told three different things I had to do. Finally after 2 months they said, "Oh we can just merge the accounts." Later there was a problem with the autofill. Now they can't get my pain medication out to me on time, I am constantly calling for one thing or the other. This has been a terrible experience...

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Wegmans?

Original review: Sept. 30, 2018

We just went to the Lancaster store. My son purchased hot food to go. They charge $9.49 per pound but don't have a scale. Therefore you don't know how much you are spending until you get to the checkout counter. We weighed it in produce. Our container of food was .92. When we got to the check out I asked if you take off for the container. The woman said yes. She weighed it and charged us the weight of .92 and told us she took the container weight off. I told she did not. I asked her to call the manager. The man told me it was correct. I said no it was not because I already weighed it. I asked him to do it again. He did it again. The container actually weighed .10 so the price went down 95 cents. I said, "You have been overcharging people all day a dollar." They did not care. I asked for a discount they refused and told me I was disrespectful. It was the manager who was disrespectful trying to rip me off. Wegmans does not care about customers and honesty.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2018

Our family always shop at local Wegmans at the Tilghman street in Allentown, PA. Good store, always good and quality product, but pharmacy feels like not The Wegmans Pharmacy, more like they not belong to the store. Before I was thinking why not a lot of people around the pharmacy, always pretty busy all other departments but not Pharmacy, today I understand why? Just because who work there very rude, and not the regular staff but exactly the pharmacist. All what I ask can they do for me shingles vaccine, and in the beginning they told me "No problem, just fill the form and pay," but pharmacist Adrienne ** say "No, we not going to do it because You did not make first shot in here and You are not our customer..."

Waw, we always in top 10 spenders in this particular store, how I know because the store manager give it to as some gifts in beginning of the year for thank You to be a top 10 our customer. And this moment I'm understand why Wegmans pharmacy always empty, they just do not want to work, what for? Easy. Just say "You are not our customer. Get lost." Some friends say try to Whole Foods, I guess eventually everyone will... PS. Sorry for my English, originally we are from one of the European country.

Original review: May 5, 2018

I went shopping yesterday to Wegmans in Frederick Maryland. I go shopping there from time to time but not regularly. I had a craving for sushi and I like those in Wegmans. So I went with my daughter and there, I saw their poorly stocked, not fresh (the avocado in the sushi were brownish) and dried up (the rice wrappers in the rolls broke). It was a huge disappointment. I went then to see if they had their delicious peach muffins... They did not. Maybe it is not yet the season, but it was another disappointment.

We took a few things and went to the self checkout. I bought a couple of bulk food in plastic containers. The clerk came to help us with the item #. He was very adamant to weight the 2 containers at the same time, meaning that the tare would be apply once instead of twice. He was not happy, even rude, when I insisted to weight the 2 containers separately and he made a comment on the fact that it was just about the weight of 1 container... I agree, it is just one poor little plastic container, but on the principle, it is very wrong. I used to love going there, for their food and for their service. Obviously, something change, but not in the positive way. I hope it was just one of those bad days, that even a store might have, and not a new trend.

Original review: March 30, 2018

My husband applied for a management-level job & was given an interview date/time. Upon meeting "Matt", my husband gave him his very-extensive resume, he didn't even look at it. When my husband asked about a corporate-level job consideration, Matt said, "If they didn't call you, they probably aren't interested". For all the rave reviews I read when my husband said he was applying, this treatment was very surprising. Resumes are submitted to detail what may have only been mentioned on the actual application.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2018

When the store in my area first opened, they had everything all the time. Now though, when I shop they are more and more likely to be out of what I am looking for. In addition, I've had to throw away products because they had been ruined by freezing. I've had zero response from the store on this. I am not a price sensitive customer, so I'll just end up buying from Amazon and Whole Foods more.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2018

I normally spend a lot of money in store and via Instacart and switched from Giant to Wegmans because of the quality of the food that I get from Wegmans. Today I came into Wegmans with my daughter to pick up my groceries and felt really watched and profiled. Your policewoman followed me a little too closely and I felt like a criminal when I am spending cash off of my debit card to buy groceries multiple times per week both in store and via Instacart. At the end of my trip, I made sure to sit on the bench in front of the supermarket and pull out my receipt so hopefully when she sees me again I am not profiled. I saw her and made eye contact way too many times throughout my trip there today...

I am considering switching back to Giant because the food may be more expensive and the quality not as good but at least I am respected and not followed through the aisles there. Perhaps you need a better security system... Oh did I mention I am a ** woman??? Not too pleased with the trip there tonight, though I did speak with customer service who helped me sign in to the app today after the person that signed me up for the club card originally entered my email incorrectly which resulted in me not being able to sign into the app for a long time and thus not receive the digital coupons... Customer service did refund me $6 because that is what I would've saved with digital coupons but unfortunately after going over my bill the refund should've been $8 :(.

Updated on 01/30/2018: Spoke with manager Matt at Wegmans food market who said due to the "area" the officers are there to make customers feel safe while shopping inside of the store. Read... make the other customers feel safe while the ** ones are shopping :(. This "area" has homes that are $1,000,000+ maybe a mile away, along with a private school across the street, and La-Z-Boy, and Home Goods in the same shopping center along with every other car being a new luxury vehicle, oh and a new Tesla dealership about a mile away :(. That's the "area" he is referring to :(.

Besides that what does an officer following me around have to do with making another customer feel safe in the store. He said that they will review the tape (told him what I was wearing) for training purposes for the asset protection department, due to the policewoman wearing a gun and a jacket that said "police" the whole time and following me around. I am not so sure I feel safe inside the store anymore but not due to the other customers, due to the police :(. Sigh, back to Giant I go...

Original review: Jan. 20, 2018

Unfortunately the more pre made products I've purchase lately the worse the quality. Chicken fingers soggy, pizza (this store serves squares)... Horrible. Would not buy again, chicken french dinner, the pieces get smaller every time I buy it. Can products... Very low quality. If I'm going to buy cheap I'll buy Aldis. The quality is better and the price is better. Had a stocker get mad at me because he was stocking water and I was putting it in my cart. Seriously who do you think you're putting it there for? Made me so uncomfortable. I stopped putting it in my cart. Stock people are rude. Buy a can of Wegmans vegetables and a can of the same vegetable with a well known distributor. Open them together. You will see the difference. They're going downhill fast. Better pay attention Wegmans. Don't even start me on their garbage bags... Stores almost all Wegmans products now.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2018

I was charged $149 membership fee for 2018 and told will be charged same for 2019. I had made no agreement for membership when I ordered. I cancelled my credit card as the result. But when I called Wegmans customer service they immediately cancelled the fee! I appreciated that, but the act by itself is sleazy. People using Wegmans should check their credit card statements! The product I ordered was satisfactory though. One star is for the fraudulent and sleazy act. I won't be using them again.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2017

In Syracuse, NY, and the suburbs. When I ask for assistance, it is always delivered to me in a professional manner. When paying for the purchase, I am always thanked, when shopping some city stores, and all in the suburbs, I get thanked. For some reason the ethnic checkers at registers in the city of Syracuse don't seem to thank customers, or at least some customers. I usually get a stare, or blank look after I say "Thank You" to checkers here. Again, this happens in the City of Syracuse, in the suburbs, they are all very nice and courteous.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2017

Wegmans is a very nice place to shop. I have been going there since it opened and have seen many changes, some for the better and some for the worse. The worse is that Wal-Mart has a bigger selection of one company's product than Wegmans. Wegmans is pushing more of their brand of foods than others thus giving one a smaller selection. The big problem is that Corporate doesn't listen to the shoppers, but instead adheres to what their people tell them.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2017

I have been shopping Wegmans since 1965 and I can't find any store in our area that matches the quality, selection, value or professionalism. They have friendly, knowledgeable & helpful employees in every department. Their store locations are convenient and they have great selections in every department. They have a full Pharmacy with helpful Pharmacists and plenty of Handicap parking spaces. WEGMANS is our store to shop.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2017

Wegmans has poor time stocking shelves. They continuously crowd the aisles on a Sunday during busiest shopping hours. There are often occurrences when normally stocked items are not available due to "corporate" decision to cut.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2017

Although sometimes the prices are a little high or there isn't enough selection, as Wegmans will try to get you to buy their brand, the customer service is excellent at my store! They will go out of their way to help the customer.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2017

A clean store with great personnel and they make shopping pleasurable. The prices are reasonable too and they make shopping a pleasure. Happy employees make for exceptional customer service, I do not shop for groceries anywhere else.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2017

The quality of products from the various departments is generally quite high. Produce is sometimes not as fresh as I would like, but considering all that goes into trucking across country, etc, I give the store a pass. Overall, because of the quality, fair pricing, and great customer service, I drive 10 miles each way to shop at Wegmans.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2017

Wegmans is always clean, well-lit and stocks an ample supply of products. It is a pleasant experience to do my shopping there. Their bakery items are delicious, and their produce is always fresh and tasty. Sometimes on the weekends they have free samples of seasonal products which I enjoy. Wegmans is by far my favorite supermarket.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2017

Everyday low prices, excellent customer service, quality products, double coupons and excellent website for making grocery list to access on iPhone in store.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2017

Wegmans has almost everything you could possibly want and very high quality. The people who work there will do anything to help you find something and are always friendly and helpful.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2017

Shopping at Wegmans is always easy. They have a large selection and special sections for organic, regular items and specialty items. Everyone is always so friendly and helpful too.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2017

I can trust the freshness, quality and family tradition of customer service. Wegmans does not seem to reuse leftover meat, vegs by repackage and putting on sale. Fresh bakery, fresh fruits and excellent choices.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2017

I love Wegmans. The quality of the store is the best, from the food to the people who work there. They do one thing and do it extremely well. I have never found anything that wasn't top of the line meat, produce and the best bakery.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2017

Wegmans is one of the best supermarkets ever! Clean store and restrooms! Fresh produce and uplifting atmosphere. Friendly staff... Very helpful and accommodating. Good prices if you are in the middle to upper middle-class. I'd love to work in the cheese dept. or bread dept. Excellent bakery!!!

Original review: Nov. 7, 2017

Wegmans is the best supermarket around. If you can't find it at Wegmans it cannot be found. Their customer service is second to none!!! The store is laid out like no other. They always have like items with like items. Words can't describe how great they are. You have see the store to believe it for yourself!!!

Original review: Nov. 5, 2017

Fresh, variety, convenience, and friendly! I have traveled all over the US and Canada, there is no comparison. This is hands down the best supermarket I have ever had the pleasure to shop at. Well worth it.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2017

Wegmans is the best large grocery store ever. It has a nice environment, offers superior and varied products including local produce and a large amount of international foods. Many areas such as their bakery, cheese, meat and prepared food section have the ambiance and service of an older Era market. Service is excellent everywhere. There are some nice small courtesies such as close parking for moms, motorized carts for those who can't walk and many other services within the store. No other grocery chain I have been in offers such a comprehensive and consistent product line and service.

Wegmans Company Information