1.53/5
  • 1 star
Based on 88 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Dec. 1, 2017

107 Vons Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Dec. 1, 2017

Went to fill a prescription today, and was told it would be 5 days before the medication would be in. Not the first time I have had difficulty getting a prescription filled. I switched to Vons because of the location, but now it is apparent that I need to return to my reliable pharmacy.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2017

The courtesy clerks always have the time to personally take one to where the food is. I'm disabled and partially blind. And this kind of service is highly appreciated by me.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Nov. 4, 2017

I don't know why it is so difficult to order a greater quantity of items that the store knows is going to be on sale. Vons in Yucca Valley is consistently out of stock on many items that are on sale. Many people drive a long way in the desert and it is very frustrating to have this happen over and over. I hope that management reads these reviews and improves their ordering. I have complained to the main office to no avail.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2017

It's a good store, have a good selection of products, and speedy lines. Sometimes they are rude but most times they are extremely helpful. Their prices are usually reasonable too, when they have sales you can often get awesome deals.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2017

I order foods delivered due to disability and food sometimes arrives late, old food or bruised vegetables or fruits delivered at times. Lack of attention to detail, some foods don't arrive every week as ordered (or at all), orders get mixed up with others. Most drivers express inability to make sure deliveries are complete when picked up from stores pulling the orders and some state order pullers at store aren't motivated to make sure orders are correct due to laziness. Prices are astoundingly high and I believe higher than in ground stores, 1 cantaloupe $4.98! 1 apple $1.32! But I am stuck due to limited stores offering delivery.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Vons?

Original review: Oct. 28, 2017

Vons near me doesn't have as good a selection as some of the other Vons in the same area. I find I am often traveling to more than one Vons or to another grocery store to get items I need or complete my list. Also I find some of the other grocery chains are cheaper. I also find some other grocery stores have better tasting bakery goods but those stores are not as convenient. One good thing is Vons right near me has good fresh made sushi; it sells out quickly too.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2017

I have gone to the customer service desk twice to cash out lotto tickets. Both times I have waited between 12-15 minutes for someone to help me. I was asked several times by employees if I needed help and every time I answered yes as I watched the employees walk away and no one came to help. I have always loved Vons but after this I will be changing to Stater Bros as they allow you to cash out your lotto tickets during checkout. This review is for Vons on Harbor Blvd. in Costa Mesa. Obviously they need either more CSRs or maybe the lady at the floral dept. could actually help instead of just staring at people at the customer service desk, either way I will no longer be shopping here as I don't feel that I should have to stand in one line to check out my groceries then go to another area where I can't get service.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2017

I was once a happy customer of Vons Home Delivery, which I began using regularly in 2009. Gradually, over the last few years, I am not at all happy. I used to recommend them to friends and family. I am disabled and home-bound. They keep changing the grocery items and often deliver outdated food. Upon calling them they usually give a refund on these items but sometimes they act like they're doing you a big favour! The delivery guys, for the most part, are fast and courteous. The latest app update now makes it impossible to look for specific items by search. You have to try and guess where they are. I still haven't found "capers" on the menu! I can imagine the employees are going nuts, too! Am thinking of trying "Instacart".

Original review: Sept. 11, 2017

It's very hard to express my feelings about the mistreatment that people ** receive while engaging in regular daily activities like shopping. I frequently visit Pavillons (727 N Vine Los Angeles 90038) since it's within walking distance from my apartment. Every time I enter this store, security is dispatched to the front of the store to stand at the aisle, by the line I'm in or to meet me at the exit. I'm stared down and profiled like I'm a thief. I have NEVER stolen anything from anywhere. As a matter of fact, I usually pay cash.

Not only is this humiliating, but it sends a negative message to everyone shopping and purports a stereotype that "we" can't be trusted and are thieves or potential thieves. I am absolutely sick and tired of this treatment when I go into this store. Tell me, what does a person look like that's "ABOUT" to steal something? I thought you had to ACTUALLY steal to be labeled a thief. Apparently not. The next time I walk into this store and get stared down, watched, followed by security I'm recording it and putting it on social media. I will no longer silently suffer for the ignorance of other people. This is why racism, profiling, hate, killing, and discrimination will NEVER die.

Original review: July 23, 2017

BEST SERVICE IN DELI FROM EDILICA. ALWAYS A FRIENDLY SMILE, she has the deli on 17th organized with her helper Guadufe **, and Irene in the bakery, the bagel was fresh and friendly, then over to get the nice egg salad from a smiling Vons server miss **. She knows how to keep the kitchen organized and clean, remembers my name,"hello Ricardo?" This has been good for the past 3months, before that I was sad to go in and feel unhappy by the staff. Now that they have a team in the deli and bakery let's keep them. Perhaps the company will let her know how she is appreciated. I've been in delis from beverly hills to new york, this lady does more than try. They wear hairnets and even design the layout inside the cases so it's fresh all the time, thank you.

Original review: July 21, 2017

I have been using Vons Delivery since 2006. I have been very happy! I have had a few issues - like getting a bad product or not receiving something I was charged for but, a call to their help desk gets it quickly resolved. I would highly recommend Vons Delivery. It is very easy and the drivers/delivery men are always nice and friendly and do a great job.

Original review: July 16, 2017

On July 14 I received an Email from Pavilions (Vons) listing the items I had selected for purchase from their Just 4 U weekly sale as shown online. Sale dates were Wednesday, July 12 to Tuesday, July 18. Today, Sunday, July 16 when I shopped at Pavilions in Rolling Hills Estates I did not receive any of the Just 4 U prices given on the email I received from Pavilions. Instead of being charged $4.77 for 32 oz. Lucerne shredded cheese, I was charged $7.99. Instead of being charged $5.99 for 40oz. Frozen Signature Farms Boneless Chicken Breasts, I was again charged $7.99. And I was not given the $.50 off my produce purchase. I immediately noticed the $.50 omission, showed the email on my iPhone and the clerk gave me the $.50.

As I was walking to my car I realized my charges were higher than they should have been. I immediately returned to Pavilions and asked to see the manager. The same clerk said she was a supervisor and would assist me. I showed her my sales receipt and the email from Pavilions showing the prices I was to be charged. She questioned if I gave her the wrong phone number yet I obviously hadn't as my name was on the sales receipt. Next she questioned whether I had just programmed the Just 4 U charges. I showed her the date and my name on the email I had received from Pavilions. Finally after much hemming and hawing she gave me $4.50. The discrepancies were $3.22 for the cheese and $2.00 for the chicken. After telling her I was reporting this, I left. I have the receipt and the email but do not know how to submit it online. I can mail them.

Original review: July 15, 2017

I have been shopping at Vons for 19 years and used to enjoy their free sandwich after buying 7 sandwiches. Would get the free one with no problem. Recently I acquired another free sandwich, but this time I was told I had to use the online registering program called Just for U in order to get the free sandwich which is on my receipt. A few years ago I was registered into this program when it was new, by a store employee who was helpful, but I never used it because I don't shop at Vons consistently and don't bother with all the online or phone app stuff, way too much bother. I was rudely reminded of this dumb program when I tried to claim my sandwich though.That online fooling around is nothing but a big pain in the neck, putting it politely. Why was that ever started in the first place? What benefit is it when people have to bother with registering for this and that just to shop? Vons please get rid of that stupid Just for U program. It is a major pain.

Original review: June 24, 2017

Warning!! Please avoid shopping on the app, you'll be so upset from it. Never again will I be shopping with Vons delivery app. Horrible service, grocery was dripping in wet bag. Missing items, and pretty much everything everyone has complained about. With Instacart, Postmates, Amazon Fresh, etc. why would I shop with Vons again. They need to work on their app and service tremendously. This app and service will never win in the market. I ordered 2 jars of olives received one and emailed customer service to let them know I didn't receive the other. They have the nerve to tell me my order did not include olives at all. Appalled. Never again!

Original review: June 23, 2017

This was my second time ordering online. I am stay at home babysitter. I relied on my groceries to cook dinner and the driver delivered half of the order and I called customer support. The girl offered to refund the difference. I asked if she could call the driver to ask if he had the other half of my groceries. He replied, "No". I already had my meat for dinner thawed out but the side dishes and condiments to marinade meat were in the missing half of the groceries. I could not drive to the store with the children I was babysitting. I asked if they could make an emergency delivery for the other half. Support service said, "No" all they could do was deliver it the next day. I agreed because I could not make it out to the store the next day either.

In my heart, I knew the rest of my groceries were going to be found by the driver in his truck at the end of his deliveries. I asked support if they can compensate me in any way for the inconvenience. She said, "no!" That mistakes happen and I told her, "Well I have no dinner to make for my family". She repeated she was sorry but could not do anything to compensate me. This was hard to believe with such a big company like Vons. I was surprised! My delivery fee wasn't even refunded. This is very bad customer service. Four hours later, the driver called me and told me that he found the other half of my groceries in the back of his now empty truck. I knew it!

He called dispatch and they told him he could deliver them to me in 1 hour. I did get the rest of my groceries but it was left up to me to call support services again for the 3rd time and tell them to cancel the delivery the next day for the missing half of my groceries. So I did! But the next day the delivery truck came to my house to deliver the groceries I was told to cancel the day before. I explained the whole incident that happened to Art the new driver and he said that I should have been compensated and said he would ask his manager if she would refund me my delivery fee for the Vons mistake, but there were no guarantees. I'm hesitant to order online again since they ruined my whole day.

Original review: May 30, 2017

While shopping at the Thousand Oaks, California Vons grocery store I enquired about the stores posted policy of "if it's not hot it's free" fresh baked bread when I noticed that several loaves of bread were in fact cold and had a hard feel to them. My daughter who told me of the policy had been given a free loaf in the past when she showed the bread to the check out clerk. Instead of giving me the cold loaf, I was told that a hot loaf would be available to purchase in 5 minutes. I'm not going to allow the management to make me feel like a cheapskate by asking the store to honor their posted policy. I declined the offer of waiting for hot bread and informed the management that this matter could be remedied by posting proper signage stating exactly what they will honor.

"It's hot or it's free" is your Classic bait-and-switch when it comes to Vons and their bread policy. What really sticks in my mind right now as I recall the incident is that the clerk actually removed the loaf of bread from my hand after I asked about being given it for free as per their policy. That was a very uncomfortable situation. I'm standing in the store with a cart of groceries and an item has been removed from me as though I'm not allowed to have bread now that I've questioned the store's policy. Shame on you Vons Pavilion.

Original review: May 4, 2017

I am a disabled USAF Veteran, I am in a power wheelchair but getting to and from a grocery store is really impossible in such a chair, there is no way to hold the bags of groceries I need, SO - I use the Vons Delivery Service. So far I have used them in Anaheim, California about 10 times in the past 5 months. At first I was told the delivery charge was free IF I bought $150 worth of groceries or more. Then they started putting on their site that you ALSO had to buy 5 items from a very limited list of groceries. I absorbed it because the $17.95 delivery charge is really pretty high but I'm stuck.

So - TODAY they have another requirement, as when I checked out - now I had to check a box that I "understood and had read their new fees schedule" which now seems to indicate that no matter if I buy $150 worth + of groceries, and the 5 required items on top of that, I NO LONGER can get FREE delivery - now there is an additional $11.95 additional charge as well! THAT is REALLY ticking me off.

In addition to this - in the past 5 months I have had on 75% of my orders some problem. Either the groceries delivered were old - found 4 products (3 commercially baked boxes of donuts) and one can of baked beans over expiration dates, spoiled - (avocado) that was rotting, cheese where the side of the package was slit - not noticed until 2 days later - opened refrigerator door - hit in face by horrible cheese odor and was obviously someone's "returned" item they put back into selling stock! (and then re-sold to me) - hamburger buns from their own "Signature" brand TWICE developed mold as soon as I removed just 1 bun from the package - the next day - they had grey mold on them!

Banana's twice had split skins (I had asked for these to be GREENER - several times as they kept sending yellow ones with thin brown streaks already - they sent yellow ones anyway - (they ignore the notes to personal shopper apparently) with the bottoms split on 2 banana's not found until I went to use them, and they were spoiled and had to be thrown away. YOU KNOW - FOOD COSTS A LOT at that store!

My delivery guy changes regularly and though my usual guy is usually on time, others they sent have not always been so. (I have medical issues I have explained several times to the Customer Service clerks which prevent me from having as much open free time as I wish as I have to do medical lengthy procedures at home - and no interruptions) - apparently goes in one ear and out the other most of the time.

A few times I have gotten nice Cust Service Reps who DO try to fix the problem, BUT lately that courtesy we call POLITENESS seems to be disappearing as the last guy I spoke with was very rude and basically told me Vons doesn't need my business since I won't just pay for things that aren't acceptable or drivers who don't want to come at times convenient for ME and which fit the windows they have for delivery! To say I am NOT PLEASED with Vons is beginning to become redundant. Maybe their CEO would like to hear from me as well (though usually a company run this poorly will be a reflection of what Corporate is anyway).

Original review: March 28, 2017

I chose a 1 hour delivery window when placing an order for next day grocery delivery. When that window passed and no delivery had been made, I contacted Customer Service who could not find the driver nor contact the fulfillment center at my local store other than by email. They said they would get back to me within 30 minutes. They did not and still no delivery. I called again and as I was talking with them, the delivery came. I asked the driver what happened and he said he didn't know. I asked him how he couldn't know if he was there. He said that he had to wait while my order and the rest of his orders were being picked in the market. I never received notice of how late he would be and could have waited all day.

There was a substitution of 3 items when the item I requested was available in the store, and in my order I had already placed an order for the flavor they substituted for - so now I had 6 of the same. When I asked him why they didn't choose other flavors, he could not answer me. Another item I ordered was declared "unavailable" and they did not substitute for it when substitutions were available in the store. I asked Customer Service to connect me with a manager as I did not feel I should pay for this delivery charge and I requested that they deliver me the flavors I originally requested and a substitution of the product that wasn't available today.

The Manager refused that and offered no accountability or any other restitution to me to keep me as a customer. I asked him how come customers are not notified when the time window changes but we are required to be at home. He said they cannot guarantee time frames and that they don't have the ability to track in real time when the delivery will take place. So it seems they are misrepresenting what their delivery windows really means because the consumer thinks it means an agreement that they will arrive within a certain requested time frame. However, the company takes no accountability for meeting the time frames or even communicating with the Customer about changes to them. Their delivery windows seem more like a marketing ploy to make consumers "think" they are buying a block of time when their products will be delivered; i.e., the closer the window, the higher the delivery free.

But, truth be told, this company isn't taking into consideration the delivery window the customer ordered, nor communicating with the customer after the credit card goes through that there are any changes. They are simply doing what works for them with no accountability nor interest apparently to a lasting consumer relationship. With Instacart, Amazon Fresh, Yummy.com etc, I certainly won't be using Pavilions or Von's online delivery service again.

Original review: March 25, 2017

I am disabled and facing another surgery that will preclude me from driving or lifting anything. I decided to try Vons delivery. The Friskies cat food I received is so old and bad, even the strays outside won't eat it! My sourdough bread has been stale each time and I'm only offered the large, expensive Fuji apples at $1.10 each as opposed to .45 cents to .55 for the smaller ones. Vons charges more than Ralph's so to pay so much for groceries, only to receive the oldest and poorest quality is distressing for someone on a limited, fixed income.

I am advising all my friends who have used Vons to switch to Ralphs ClickList. At this time, Ralphs does not deliver but I am assured by store personnel that it is working to offer delivery service to its customers. At that point, I am sure Vons will lose even more customers as Ralphs' prices are cheaper and the quality of everything you receive is far superior. Bad Vons!

Original review: March 12, 2017

I was a happy customer of Vons delivery services for several years. Over the last few months they have made several errors, not only in the products delivered but without Financial transactions as well. But today they entered my secure building without letting me know or contacting me, said they had been waiting by my door to deliver my groceries for 30 minutes but that I was not there. She then said her boss told her to leave and not deliver the groceries. The odd part of this entire experience was that I was there and Vons was nowhere to be found.

When I called customer service and told them what happened they said they could reschedule the delivery the next day. However I mentioned that I needed the items today so that would not do. They said that was the best they could do. They never acknowledged what happened with the driver but issued a general apology and said the best they could do was deliver it tomorrow. Astonished, I asked for a refund… They said it would take 10 to 14 days for the refund to be processed. Needless to say I'm done with Vons.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2017

I shop at Vons a lot and know what I can and cannot buy there. First, the produce is always old. I normally go for the deli items and basic necessities. This time I decided to buy two pounds of Sirloin ground beef to use for the next day. Looking at it from the window of the meat department it looked fresh and bright red. I got home and placed it in the refrigerator for dinner the next day. The following day I looked at the price tag and noticed it had a one-day expiration date. I figured it was okay especially since it was still red on the outside. As soon as I split the meat I couldn't believe what I saw. The entire meat on the inside was dark brown while the outside was red. How is this possible? The only answer could be that they rolled fresh meat over the old meat. DISGUSTING!!! Vons should be ashamed of themselves.

The next day I decided to return the meat. I asked for a supervisor and the manager directed an acting supervisor to assist me. After explaining what happened and showing pictures there was no apology or care in the world from him. His actual answer was, "It was packaged on the 23rd and it expired on the 24th, well it's still good." SERIOUSLY? No way. He asked if I wanted a different packaged meat. I got my money back instead. Terrible food, customer service and business overall. Sincerely, One less customer.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2017

I order groceries for my mother to be delivered and even though they have the item they substitute for a different which my mom did send back but they refuse to deliver the right item. Even though they have it on stock. 1st time I use this service and last time too.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2017

I have used the online deliveries three (3) times for food, beverages and other miscellaneous items to serve as snacks to students. Two out of the three deliveries were not complete with items missing AND I was charged for them. When I called customer service, they were helpful and attentive. However, it is frustrating, as now I have to go back to the store to buy additional items. I should have done this myself in the beginning to save the hassle and inconvenience. Check your orders! I will most likely use another service or shop myself.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2017

The problems of the Home Shopping Department of my local Vons store has steadily increased over the past couple of years and has not shown any improvement. They and the Arizona Vons office are aware of the problems but so far there has been no improvement.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2016

I wasn't feeling well for quite a while, and ran out of food. Some friends from out of town decided to order groceries. Problems: 3 Large Hass avocados costing $2.19 each were small, tiny and black. One had white substance on the outside; 8 bananas were tiny and bruised with black spots; Ordered 3 cans of beans...2 were 14.5 ounces, 1 was 15 oz [proper size].

I offered to send pictures. Customer services rep was very attentive, apologetic, suggested I not eat the avocado. She initiated a refund and gave my account $15 credit. Then I noticed another strange charge and called back. This lady explained it was for the recycle bags my groceries came in, as she looked at the line item on my account. So I further asked her to explain and she repeated it. So I said I paid $1.15 for 2 paper bags? The line item was for a quantity of 23, costing $2.30. So she asked did I only have 2 bags. I said yes, I only had from 18-20 items, nothing bigger than a large can of yams. So she initiated a refund. I then received a survey and provided my input. So they sent me a free delivery for next order and 8 bananas.

So I thought I'd give them another try. I called customer service to ensure I get quality produce she suggested I write it in the note section for each item. I did, explaining last time I got tiny black avocados, please pick large green one, gave similar instructions for the bananas. BUT NO, I got the same thing tiny black avocados and tiny bruised bananas, but this time they at least added 2 extra. But they did not deliver my turkey cutlets in which I asked for substitutes of a different brand and same size [yet they did not substitute]. So customer rep said she initiate a refund. Then I noticed the Odwalla juice I ordered which said it was NOT from concentrate and the first ingredient is orange juice and blueberry... but what was sent... the first ingredient was apple and blueberry juice made from concentrate.

ALL OF THE JUICES in the drink was CONCENTRATE. So I called back, but this rep said they don't have anything to do with the website, to contact the store or website people. I explained that I did not get what I ordered as advertised on the website and they did not substitute, so this is false advertisement or which and bait without noting it as so. My friends were going to order for me in the future on an ongoing basis, but we just do not have confidence in it, kind of makes it more stressful than shopping. At the time of this review, I had not yet received the refunds, it has only been a couple of days. I truly feel sorry for those who are shut in long periods of time and this is the only option you have. VONS NEEDS TO TAKE PRIDE IN WHAT THEY DO. REVAMP THE PROGRAM IMMEDIATELY.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2016

Just to be transparent, I HATE the Vons store near my home. But occasionally, I need the convenience it provides being so close. I reluctantly stopped there today to pick up a few things & for the 3rd time, I saw people in the store with dogs that were NOT service animals. No, I'm not a dog hater, but when I'm buying my food, especially the exposed items on the hot food, salad & soup bar, I don't want inconsiderate shoppers hovering over these items with their pets! I complained to the store Manager but am confident my words fell on deaf ears.

It's against the law to have non-service animals in a grocery store so I'm planning to file a complaint with the health department. Not to mention the liability if a dog, heaven forbid, should bite a shopper & that includes me! While I'm not the litigious type, a law suit may also be necessary to get someone's attention. Sad commentary that it needs to go that far to get any response from the irresponsible parent company 'Safeway'.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2016

I have used Vons Home Delivery service since it was initially offered. I'm a 100% Disabled Vietnam Veteran (USMC, RVN 1968-1969), so the service offered was ideal. The past few months I've noticed a decline in their punctuality, food, and overall service. I choose a 4 hour window to save money. The last 3 deliveries have been at least an hour past the 4 hour window. What happened this week really got to me. A package of sliced Turkey had a 'sell-by' date 4 days before it was sold to me. When I went to make a sandwich with the Turkey I ordered, it was slimy when I opened the package. When I called 'Customer Service', I was told their 'corporate policy' was to credit my account or my credit card. What happened next will keep me from ever giving Vons any of my money again. I have never felt as disrespected as I do at the way Vons handled what should have been a simple customer service issue.

Because I am disabled, I explained I couldn't just pop into a store to get another package of deli meat. After speaking with 3 supervisors, I was told that a package of turkey would be delivered the next day between 4-6 p.m. They even let me choose a 2 hour window. They even called back to confirm the time. Unbelievably, nothing was delivered. Next I received an e-mail from Susanne **, with the Vons Grocery Delivery Team, informing me that they had credited my account with the cost of the deli meet ($2.99) and the delivery charge, BUT THAT WAS ALL VONS WOULD DO! So they offer to deliver the package to remedy THEIR mistake, then not only disregard that, but take a position of 'take it or leave it'. I'm a proud former Marine. There is a lot I'll put up with - but being treated the way Vons treated me should cause any Veteran to reconsider using this company.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2016

The first time I tried the Online grocery delivery (order # **), I informed VONS that one of the items (Bolthouse C-Boost) was not delivered and the milk was almost nearing expiration. Although I did not get any response, I tried it again (Order # **). This time, TWO items were not delivered (Watermelon & Cantaloupe). I tried calling the number indicated (877-505-4040) and they did say that they were going to refund me the two items (not the Bolthouse juice - 1st delivery).

Unfortunately, these items were the HEAVY ONES, exactly what I wanted delivered! What is the point of this supposedly convenient delivery if the heavy items are omitted anyway? Also, I have yet to see if I will be refunded. BTW, why do they have to pack the bottles INDIVIDUALLY with the brown bags that they charge to the consumer? When I go to the store, I use the RECYCLABLE bags. I have too many of those brown bags already (no place in my small storage), they just go straight to the garbage bins. So, two out of two = 100 percent UNSATISFIED. I am not sure if I want to give them a THIRD CHANCE.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2016

When I buy deli meat, it is usually from Ralphs, not Vons. That is because all the butchers at Ralphs separate the meat and cheese with paper so that it does not get stuck all together in a ball. That is not the practice at Vons. However, I was in a hurry and did not want to drive all the way to Ralphs. Then I met Rosy at Vons. She took the extra time and very professionally separated my meat and cheese. I would love to have Rosy at the deli counter at my Vons all the time so that I could buy my deli products there. I know that is not possible. You never run into the same people. That is also not true of Ralphs -- the same people are always there.

Original review: June 4, 2016

So I decided to try the delivery services yesterday for the first time when I saw the promotion for first time free delivery including free paper towels (6 counts) and a water case. After I placed my order I noticed the items were not included in my order list and found that to be strange. So I called customer service TWICE to resolve the issue. The first person reassured me that the promotion had been going on for so long that the staff automatically knows to include the free items regardless what appears on my list. The 2nd person didn't even check the account because he said "I can assure you that they will be included."

This morning the items that I ordered were delivered, however the free items (water and paper towel) were missing. The delivery driver said, the free items will be delivered separately after we contact customer service. I just contacted your customer service. I was told "there was a mistake on our part and the items should have been included and that the delivery guy and the two customer service representatives from yesterday all made mistakes. I was also told that they won't be delivering the water and paper towel unless I placed another order online (min $25) i.e., in order to receive those free items (which were missing due to store error), I will need to place another $25 min order and pay a delivery charge of at least 9 dollars +.

It doesn't make sense for me to order something that I don't need just to receive the missing items that YOUR employees failed to put in my order (three employees made mistakes here). I am willing to drive to the store and pick up the free items, but apparently I don't have that option either. I refuse to pay extra money to buy unneeded items and pay a delivery charge just to receive the two items that YOUR employees failed to include in my order. It is extremely unethical to get people to believe your promotions. To me this is done purposely (miss items and refuse to deliver them for free or give in-store pickup options) to make people order a second time. If it's not a false promotion and in fact just a mistake then VONS is responsible to fix that mistake, not the customer.

I decided to try your service for my elderly parents and am extremely disappointed especially because the customer representative did not take any measures to help or resolve the issue. I am missing two needed items from my order simply because I believed in Vons and their promotion. I have been a loyal customer since 1998, but probably because I never needed to deal with customer service reps over the phone.

Vons Company Information