2. Shopping
  3. Grocery Stores

Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.15/5

Trader Joe's Reviews

Original review: Feb. 20, 2020

Trader Joe's is a warm and welcoming environment for a one of a kind neighborhood destination for grocery shopping. I typically shop between 3 and 4 days a week at Trader Joe's because it relaxes me and keeps my curiosity engaged. I love to explore the aisles in search of new products. I enjoy the music, prices, product diversity, decoration, and store setup.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2020

I shop at the Trader Joes market in my area nearly every morning. The moment I walk in the store, my mood elevates with the great music they play as well as being greeted by their great crew members. They introduce new items weekly and the prices are right. Their products have no GMOs and there is wide variety of organic dairy, produce and grocery. The wine department is well stocked with an array of different blends at very competitive prices. There is a sample station with featured food of the day and free coffee sample. They also sell household goods and skin care. Trader Joes is my one stop shop!

Get expert buying tips about Grocery Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 18, 2019

What a fabulous store. The customer service is outstanding. From the awesome selection and prices of the wines, to the fresh meats and cheeses. I wish there were Trader Joe's on every street corner. If there were as many TJ's as Publix and Wal-Mart's our society would eat fresh natural food forever. The prices are almost a steal, compared to other supermarkets.

Original review: March 16, 2019

A sweet young man named Joe was leaving work for the day when he saw my daughter and me picking blueberries up off the ground near my car. They had spilled as we were loading up to leave. He kindly told us he'd go get us a new one, and that was before he even saw my 4-year-old grandson crying. He asked to see the label so he would get the correct one, went back inside, and promptly returned with a new container of blueberries. We thanked him for taking care of us as the tears of a little boy were dried and replaced with a smile. While it might seem like a small thing, to us it was HUGE because he didn't have to do that, and he made a little guy very happy!

I've had other great experiences inside that same store, but this happened outside the store, and we could easily have been left to our own error, but Joe at Store 769 lived up to the store's reputation of putting customers first. <3 (In case TJ's wants to give this top notch employee kudos, I want to you to know that he was leaving around 230 pm on Thursday, 3/14/19.) Thank you so much! Bonnie.

Original review: March 16, 2019

A++++++++ great customer service. Everyone is so nice and helpful. They have a good selection of food also. A lot of different products. And someone is always there to help and they smile.... I only wish they had more locations but in time I’m sure it will happen.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Trader Joe's?

Original review: Jan. 21, 2020

I am currently in bed one day after eating Trader Joe’s Chicken Mushroom and ginger frozen meal. I have been regurgitation since last evening. Cannot move for fear of vomiting again. This product needs to be recalled because of food poising. I think it is specifically the shiitake mushrooms. Please avoid this product at Trader Joe’s and products that contain shiitake mushrooms.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2019

Today I had the worst grocery shopping experience ever in this Trader Joe's. They don't have stickers on all their fruit and veggies. I walked up to the cashier with a pomegranate and told him that I got it from the $1.99 section, but he kept saying I got it from the $2.49 section. He accused me of cheating!! That's it!! It's pretty obvious!! I then said just take the pomegranate out, I don't want it anymore. He said, "You don't have to do this." Oh really?! Whatever your name is, you just accused me of stealing and cheating!! No one is stupid!!

Now I am questioning if he treated me this way because I am Asian? The funny thing is I never had any issues with other Trader Joe's. Why this one? Why the one close to China town? Is Trader Joe's biased towards Chinese and Asian community and tell all their employees to be more suspicious of us? All of the donating food to charity is just a promoting strategy if you can't even treat your customers with respect. No one deserves this kind of treatment, no matter where they are from!! Trader Joe's, you better be careful. We will not be silent if we received any kind of mistreatments. We are not the old generation.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2019

They put tapioca starch in kefir and yogurt?!? Why?!? Nobody does that when a product is clean. I have very sensitive stomach and gall bladder and every time I ate frozen meals from them I got very ill. There are weird ingredients and fats and starches that clean eating shouldn't have. There's also something fishy with their producers. Where do they take the food from? What farms? At least Stew Leonard's has their own farms, but Trader Joe's? Who makes their terrible frozen meals? Do they have a kitchen? Of all the food tastings I tried in their stores, nothing tasted good. Very fishy business!!!! Pay attention to what you eat.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2019

This is for all who are sensitive to foods. Recently bought frozen raspberries, trail mix, and Spud crunchiest. I had several allergic reactions which sent me to urgent care. The doctor said it was the oil they used in trail mix or the Spuds. I never had problems with Aldi's products. So be aware.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2019

After about 2 years found a TJ near where I moved to. Couldn’t wait to eat their chicken pot pie. Opened up the package and the pie is no longer filled to the top. What a rip-off. Same with the meatloaf. Filled only half the container. I am done with these crooks.

Avoid expensive home repairs

Take our two minute quiz to find the right home warranty for you.

Trader Joe's expert review by Jim Angelus

Trader Joe's is a chain grocery store that is a leader in organic and fresh food. Founded in 1958, the company's products are known for not containing any artificial preservatives and ingredients. Hence, the store is very popular with health-conscious shoppers, as well as those concerned about fair treatment of farm animals and responsibility to the environment.

• Delicious flavors: Trader Joe's bacon is smoked over real woods, giving it a distinct and delicious taste.

• No chemical curing agents: Nitrites, which have been known to cause cancer, are not added during the production process.

• Bacon snacks: Those who dream of combining chocolate and bacon into one delicious treat will have that dream answered at Trader Joe's.

• Fully cooked options: To make life more convenient for customers, Trader Joe's also sells fully cooked bacon; it just needs to be heated in the microwave.

• Easy purchasing: Trader Joe's has locations throughout the United States, making it simple for most consumers to purchase bacon products from the company's stores.

• Best for: Bacon lovers looking for tastier (and healthier) uncured options, customers who love the flavor of applewood and foodies who want to use bacon in a recipe.

by Jim Angelus Bacon Contributing Editor

Jim Angelus has 25 plus years of restaurant experience, and he brings this experience to his food truck. Bacon Bacon is a place where foodies and bacon lovers generally can find mouthwatering meals in a friendly atmosphere. Jim opened his food truck in 2010. It is now a popular bay area food truck and sandwich shop, open seven days a week for breakfast and lunch. Bacon Bacon has appeared on Food Network, CNN and Discovery Network. Most important to Jim, he has a successful business that allows him participate in the industry he is most passionate about and be home in time to put dinner on his family’s table.

Trader Joe's Company Information