2. Shopping
  3. Grocery Stores

Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.02/5

Trader Joe's Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Trader Joe's?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Trader Joe's?

Original review: March 10, 2019

I really don’t appreciate this company. They discontinued a dog food that my two dogs have been on for years causing them to get sick. We all know you just can’t abruptly switch a dogs food like that. I’m upset about that. I powered my complaint to them about this on their page no response. Also I’ve noticed they are quick to discontinue products without giving a notice which is inconsiderate. I’ve been a long time customer. Now I don’t know now.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2019

I purchased a pork tenderloin on February 16th at the Totem Lake, WA store. The sell by date was the 23rd but when I opened the meat to prepare it on the date it was purchased, the meat was spoiled and smelled horrible. I threw it out and did not have time to travel back to the store as I did not live in the area where I purchased the meat. This is the 2nd experience with bad meat... Needless to say no more meat shopping at Trader Joe's. Shoppers beware!

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

I shop at Trader Joe's because they have a generous return policy. Their customer is also over & above what is expected which is important to me. I buy all my veggies & food there because their brands are never GMO, genetically modified which is critical to me.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2018

I have a Trader Joe's a few blocks from my house. I like the idea of just walking there in 5 minutes if I need something. I think they have always moved stock around but lately it seems to have become ridiculous. I know I can track down a stock person but sometimes that person doesn't even know where stuff is. I mentioned it at the checkout and the cashier admitted that they move stuff around to get you to look at other products. I do not appreciate being inconvenienced like that just so they can manipulate me into buying more stuff. Their tactic doesn't make me buy more stuff but it has motivated me to go a little farther to Whole Foods.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2018

I bought a pre made salad yesterday with kale and spinach, some feta, string beans, and broccoli. I not into a mouth full of sand. None of the spinach was washed. Disgusting. Today it was announced there was a recall of some of the salads due to a listeria outbreak. I really thought this was a place I could trust. No more.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2018

I walk in to do a return mid afternoon...go to the register and refused refund and told she can look up my account on my credit card or I can take a gift card. Store policy is you don't like it we refund it. Then she wants to go to another manager for a second opinion. Stupid store...near Rosecrans and Douglas, parking lot near corner gas station, not busy store...near Polliwog Park. 1821 Manhattan Beach Blvd, store #034 Manhattan Beach. CA 90266. She wants me to buy myself a gift card.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2018

Bought a box of T.J.'s frozen mac and cheese last week from the Culver City, CA store (on Slauson Blvd.). Nuked it in the microwave and began to eat it when I suddenly bit into something hard. Turned out to be a scary piece of jagged, sharp glass! Wonder if I swallowed other pieces of glass. Wth? Second time I've found a UFO in T.J. food. They better do a recall pronto.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2018

I have always loved Trader Joe's, since I found it for the first time in CA, and then it came to VA, where I had moved, and then it came to CO, where I had subsequently moved. Love a lot about them UNTIL I decided that animal practices are awful, inhumane and unconscionable. So I went there, totally thinking TJoes would be on board with pasture and humane practices. They are NOT; absolutely floored me. I can find a few products in Kroger, not many, but NONE at TJoes. The "desk" tried to act like they had something, to assuage me I guess, but they had nothing to show me. I am totally unhappy and shocked. Now, I guess, I will need to check out Whole Foods and Sprouts and Natural Grocers and such who I KNOW will have such products. Everybody is getting on board with organic, now this is the next step. TAKE IT.

Original review: June 10, 2018

I’ve been going to TJ's since the 60s - their Covina store. I’ve always felt I get the best range of healthy foods and a excellent produce. They are very environmentally aware and their packaging reflects this. I love Trader Joe’s!!!

Original review: June 1, 2018

Always professional, friendly service. Cashiers working quick and efficiently. Always crowded but employees' attention to customer needs compensates frustration while navigating crowded store.

Trader Joe's Company Information