2. Shopping
  3. Grocery Stores

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.94/5

Trader Joe's Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Trader Joe's?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Trader Joe's?

Original review: June 4, 2019

Most of cashiers at Trader Joe's are very friendly. I had the worse nightmare with one cashier in Third Ave and 32nd Street. Her name is **, Julissa. She is Moody and over charges items. Went back to tell them about it and they ignored the whole situation. Just gave back the change without a single apology. She was not even accepting customers when other cashiers are continouly getting new customers to help. When came back home she even gave a less than what she was supposed to give me. Too tired to go back. Not professional and not trained. They have favoritism towards customers and it's getting worse. Manager did not care at all. Used to love this place but was getting worse and worse. She should be fired and the manager should be replaced!

Original review: May 18, 2019

Loved the Trader Joe's Peruvian Corn (giant corn nuts) UNTIL I saw the ingredients and realized they use PALM OIL! The worst most harmful oil to produce. The home to orangutans who are being maimed and burned while palm oil is chopped down and harvested. Leaving the animals homeless, hurt or killed. Depleting rain forests. Can Trader Joe's use ANY OTHER oil rather than this one?!

TJ's chicken bone broth small carton is terrible tasting. If you like the taste of dirty dishwater after soaking off a burned skillet, you’re probably the only one who will think it is edible. This is making me wonder about the quality of Trader Joe's and ingredients used. They have a frozen Chinese soup I bought and microwaved and when I tasted it I could have sworn I was drinking hot sugar chicken broth. It was so sweet I looked at the ingredients list 'cause I couldn’t believe what I was tasting! Guess what?! And WHY did I actually find sugar in the ingredients list?! Eeeewwww! Sweet chicken soup?! Yuck, had to pour it down the drain. I wouldn't think anybody would want their savory Chinese soup to taste like someone put a couple spoonfuls of sugar in it.

P.S. Avoid the salmon jerky if you’re hoping not to gag. Produce isn't always the freshest...but I get the arugula and it's been ok. After trying several items...the good stuff at Trader Joe's is cheese, nuts, seaweed, pine nuts, coconut oils, nut butters, kind bars, unsalted peanut butter pretzels, dried fruit, sesame oil, and small plants or flowers.

Original review: May 11, 2019

Been a loyal TJs shopper for years. Used to love their balsamic rosemary chicken. Have purchased both cooked and uncooked meat products. But never again. Chewy, not chicken-like in texture meat that is so subpar it's gone in the trash the last few times we've tried it. Just disgusting. When your whole family takes a bite, looks at each other, and spits it out in unison...it would be funny if everyone wasn't gagging. And it's not just the meat! I'm honestly disappointed in the quality of their products across the board. Downhill in the last 3-5 years, and rapidly. You're losing customers TJs. Get it together.

Original review: May 4, 2019

The wine suffices to accompany a meal. My concern is the three different wines I've tried all leave a film inside a wine glass. This has never happened with bottled wines. Suspect it is related to the plastic bag that holds the wine. I've sent an email to TJ's but from past experience I do not expect a response. Anyone have input on this?

Original review: April 27, 2019

We usually go to Trader Joe’s in Hoboken, NJ. Was shocked to learn that they have started charging 10 cents per paper bag???? Are you kidding me? These are money pinching tacts from customers. Also we shopped there for a few minutes over 1 hour and was shocked in the end while exiting from the parking to be asked to pay 3$ for parking. Jersey City has parking issues too but you can shop for hours at Shoprite, Bj’s and Target without being asked to pay for parking. You need to make your money some other way guys. Looting the customers is just gonna send them somewhere away instead of coming back. Nobody wants to pay extra for parking and paper bags when doing grocery???? Is this down loot shop on name of cheap groceries?? So mad today????

Original review: March 26, 2019

Not the fullest selection but enough, good selection of organic without the usual premium pricing, house brands generally very good, good prices, some nice off-beat options, a bit crowded and, depending on the time, slow check out.

Original review: March 18, 2019

What a fabulous store. The customer service is outstanding. From the awesome selection and prices of the wines, to the fresh meats and cheeses. I wish there were Trader Joe's on every street corner. If there were as many TJ's as Publix and Wal-Mart's our society would eat fresh natural food forever. The prices are almost a steal, compared to other supermarkets.

Original review: March 17, 2019

Not as good as it used to be, as they seem to be moving toward exclusive store brands only; however, they do have good value. Not a great selection of organics; but, what they have is very competitively priced. Unbeatable for beer/wine/alcohol values.

Original review: March 16, 2019

A sweet young man named Joe was leaving work for the day when he saw my daughter and me picking blueberries up off the ground near my car. They had spilled as we were loading up to leave. He kindly told us he'd go get us a new one, and that was before he even saw my 4-year-old grandson crying. He asked to see the label so he would get the correct one, went back inside, and promptly returned with a new container of blueberries. We thanked him for taking care of us as the tears of a little boy were dried and replaced with a smile. While it might seem like a small thing, to us it was HUGE because he didn't have to do that, and he made a little guy very happy!

I've had other great experiences inside that same store, but this happened outside the store, and we could easily have been left to our own error, but Joe at Store 769 lived up to the store's reputation of putting customers first. <3 (In case TJ's wants to give this top notch employee kudos, I want to you to know that he was leaving around 230 pm on Thursday, 3/14/19.) Thank you so much! Bonnie.

Original review: March 16, 2019

A++++++++ great customer service. Everyone is so nice and helpful. They have a good selection of food also. A lot of different products. And someone is always there to help and they smile.... I only wish they had more locations but in time I’m sure it will happen.

Trader Joe's Company Information