4.16/5

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Trader Joe's

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Trader Joe's Reviews

Original review: May 18, 2019

Loved the Trader Joe's Peruvian Corn (giant corn nuts) UNTIL I saw the ingredients and realized they use PALM OIL! The worst most harmful oil to produce. The home to orangutans who are being maimed and burned while palm oil is chopped down and harvested. Leaving the animals homeless, hurt or killed. Depleting rain forests. Can Trader Joe's use ANY OTHER oil rather than this one?!

TJ's chicken bone broth small carton is terrible tasting. If you like the taste of dirty dishwater after soaking off a burned skillet, you’re probably the only one who will think it is edible. This is making me wonder about the quality of Trader Joe's and ingredients used. They have a frozen Chinese soup I bought and microwaved and when I tasted it I could have sworn I was drinking hot sugar chicken broth. It was so sweet I looked at the ingredients list 'cause I couldn’t believe what I was tasting! Guess what?! And WHY did I actually find sugar in the ingredients list?! Eeeewwww! Sweet chicken soup?! Yuck, had to pour it down the drain. I wouldn't think anybody would want their savory Chinese soup to taste like someone put a couple spoonfuls of sugar in it.

P.S. Avoid the salmon jerky if you’re hoping not to gag. Produce isn't always the freshest...but I get the arugula and it's been ok. After trying several items...the good stuff at Trader Joe's is cheese, nuts, seaweed, pine nuts, coconut oils, nut butters, kind bars, unsalted peanut butter pretzels, dried fruit, sesame oil, and small plants or flowers.

Original review: May 11, 2019

Been a loyal TJs shopper for years. Used to love their balsamic rosemary chicken. Have purchased both cooked and uncooked meat products. But never again. Chewy, not chicken-like in texture meat that is so subpar it's gone in the trash the last few times we've tried it. Just disgusting. When your whole family takes a bite, looks at each other, and spits it out in unison...it would be funny if everyone wasn't gagging. And it's not just the meat! I'm honestly disappointed in the quality of their products across the board. Downhill in the last 3-5 years, and rapidly. You're losing customers TJs. Get it together.

Original review: May 4, 2019

The wine suffices to accompany a meal. My concern is the three different wines I've tried all leave a film inside a wine glass. This has never happened with bottled wines. Suspect it is related to the plastic bag that holds the wine. I've sent an email to TJ's but from past experience I do not expect a response. Anyone have input on this?

Original review: April 27, 2019

We usually go to Trader Joe’s in Hoboken, NJ. Was shocked to learn that they have started charging 10 cents per paper bag???? Are you kidding me? These are money pinching tacts from customers. Also we shopped there for a few minutes over 1 hour and was shocked in the end while exiting from the parking to be asked to pay 3$ for parking. Jersey City has parking issues too but you can shop for hours at Shoprite, Bj’s and Target without being asked to pay for parking. You need to make your money some other way guys. Looting the customers is just gonna send them somewhere away instead of coming back. Nobody wants to pay extra for parking and paper bags when doing grocery???? Is this down loot shop on name of cheap groceries?? So mad today????

Original review: March 26, 2019

Not the fullest selection but enough, good selection of organic without the usual premium pricing, house brands generally very good, good prices, some nice off-beat options, a bit crowded and, depending on the time, slow check out.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Trader Joe's?

Original review: March 10, 2019

I really don’t appreciate this company. They discontinued a dog food that my two dogs have been on for years causing them to get sick. We all know you just can’t abruptly switch a dogs food like that. I’m upset about that. I powered my complaint to them about this on their page no response. Also I’ve noticed they are quick to discontinue products without giving a notice which is inconsiderate. I’ve been a long time customer. Now I don’t know now.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2019

I purchased a pork tenderloin on February 16th at the Totem Lake, WA store. The sell by date was the 23rd but when I opened the meat to prepare it on the date it was purchased, the meat was spoiled and smelled horrible. I threw it out and did not have time to travel back to the store as I did not live in the area where I purchased the meat. This is the 2nd experience with bad meat... Needless to say no more meat shopping at Trader Joe's. Shoppers beware!

Original review: Nov. 12, 2018

I have a Trader Joe's a few blocks from my house. I like the idea of just walking there in 5 minutes if I need something. I think they have always moved stock around but lately it seems to have become ridiculous. I know I can track down a stock person but sometimes that person doesn't even know where stuff is. I mentioned it at the checkout and the cashier admitted that they move stuff around to get you to look at other products. I do not appreciate being inconvenienced like that just so they can manipulate me into buying more stuff. Their tactic doesn't make me buy more stuff but it has motivated me to go a little farther to Whole Foods.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2018

I bought a pre made salad yesterday with kale and spinach, some feta, string beans, and broccoli. I not into a mouth full of sand. None of the spinach was washed. Disgusting. Today it was announced there was a recall of some of the salads due to a listeria outbreak. I really thought this was a place I could trust. No more.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2018

I walk in to do a return mid afternoon...go to the register and refused refund and told she can look up my account on my credit card or I can take a gift card. Store policy is you don't like it we refund it. Then she wants to go to another manager for a second opinion. Stupid store...near Rosecrans and Douglas, parking lot near corner gas station, not busy store...near Polliwog Park. 1821 Manhattan Beach Blvd, store #034 Manhattan Beach. CA 90266. She wants me to buy myself a gift card.

Trader Joe's Company Information