Take a quiz, get matched with an Accredited Partner!
  2. Shopping
  3. Grocery Stores

Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.15/5

Take a Quiz

Get matched with an Accredited Partner

Take a Quiz

Get matched with an Accredited Partner

Trader Joe's Reviews

Original review: May 11, 2019

Been a loyal TJs shopper for years. Used to love their balsamic rosemary chicken. Have purchased both cooked and uncooked meat products. But never again. Chewy, not chicken-like in texture meat that is so subpar it's gone in the trash the last few times we've tried it. Just disgusting. When your whole family takes a bite, looks at each other, and spits it out in unison...it would be funny if everyone wasn't gagging. And it's not just the meat! I'm honestly disappointed in the quality of their products across the board. Downhill in the last 3-5 years, and rapidly. You're losing customers TJs. Get it together.

Original review: May 4, 2019

The wine suffices to accompany a meal. My concern is the three different wines I've tried all leave a film inside a wine glass. This has never happened with bottled wines. Suspect it is related to the plastic bag that holds the wine. I've sent an email to TJ's but from past experience I do not expect a response. Anyone have input on this?

Original review: April 27, 2019

We usually go to Trader Joe’s in Hoboken, NJ. Was shocked to learn that they have started charging 10 cents per paper bag???? Are you kidding me? These are money pinching tacts from customers. Also we shopped there for a few minutes over 1 hour and was shocked in the end while exiting from the parking to be asked to pay 3$ for parking. Jersey City has parking issues too but you can shop for hours at Shoprite, Bj’s and Target without being asked to pay for parking. You need to make your money some other way guys. Looting the customers is just gonna send them somewhere away instead of coming back. Nobody wants to pay extra for parking and paper bags when doing grocery???? Is this down loot shop on name of cheap groceries?? So mad today????

Original review: March 26, 2019

Not the fullest selection but enough, good selection of organic without the usual premium pricing, house brands generally very good, good prices, some nice off-beat options, a bit crowded and, depending on the time, slow check out.

Original review: March 18, 2019

What a fabulous store. The customer service is outstanding. From the awesome selection and prices of the wines, to the fresh meats and cheeses. I wish there were Trader Joe's on every street corner. If there were as many TJ's as Publix and Wal-Mart's our society would eat fresh natural food forever. The prices are almost a steal, compared to other supermarkets.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Trader Joe's?

Original review: March 17, 2019

Not as good as it used to be, as they seem to be moving toward exclusive store brands only; however, they do have good value. Not a great selection of organics; but, what they have is very competitively priced. Unbeatable for beer/wine/alcohol values.

Original review: March 16, 2019

A sweet young man named Joe was leaving work for the day when he saw my daughter and me picking blueberries up off the ground near my car. They had spilled as we were loading up to leave. He kindly told us he'd go get us a new one, and that was before he even saw my 4-year-old grandson crying. He asked to see the label so he would get the correct one, went back inside, and promptly returned with a new container of blueberries. We thanked him for taking care of us as the tears of a little boy were dried and replaced with a smile. While it might seem like a small thing, to us it was HUGE because he didn't have to do that, and he made a little guy very happy!

I've had other great experiences inside that same store, but this happened outside the store, and we could easily have been left to our own error, but Joe at Store 769 lived up to the store's reputation of putting customers first. <3 (In case TJ's wants to give this top notch employee kudos, I want to you to know that he was leaving around 230 pm on Thursday, 3/14/19.) Thank you so much! Bonnie.

Original review: March 16, 2019

A++++++++ great customer service. Everyone is so nice and helpful. They have a good selection of food also. A lot of different products. And someone is always there to help and they smile.... I only wish they had more locations but in time I’m sure it will happen.

Original review: March 10, 2019

I really don’t appreciate this company. They discontinued a dog food that my two dogs have been on for years causing them to get sick. We all know you just can’t abruptly switch a dogs food like that. I’m upset about that. I powered my complaint to them about this on their page no response. Also I’ve noticed they are quick to discontinue products without giving a notice which is inconsiderate. I’ve been a long time customer. Now I don’t know now.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2019

I purchased a pork tenderloin on February 16th at the Totem Lake, WA store. The sell by date was the 23rd but when I opened the meat to prepare it on the date it was purchased, the meat was spoiled and smelled horrible. I threw it out and did not have time to travel back to the store as I did not live in the area where I purchased the meat. This is the 2nd experience with bad meat... Needless to say no more meat shopping at Trader Joe's. Shoppers beware!

Trader Joe's Company Information