4.17/5

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Trader Joe's

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

308 Trader Joe's Consumer Reviews

Original review: March 18, 2019

What a fabulous store. The customer service is outstanding. From the awesome selection and prices of the wines, to the fresh meats and cheeses. I wish there were Trader Joe's on every street corner. If there were as many TJ's as Publix and Wal-Mart's our society would eat fresh natural food forever. The prices are almost a steal, compared to other supermarkets.

Original review: March 17, 2019

Not as good as it used to be, as they seem to be moving toward exclusive store brands only; however, they do have good value. Not a great selection of organics; but, what they have is very competitively priced. Unbeatable for beer/wine/alcohol values.

Get expert buying tips about Grocery Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 16, 2019

A sweet young man named Joe was leaving work for the day when he saw my daughter and me picking blueberries up off the ground near my car. They had spilled as we were loading up to leave. He kindly told us he'd go get us a new one, and that was before he even saw my 4-year-old grandson crying. He asked to see the label so he would get the correct one, went back inside, and promptly returned with a new container of blueberries. We thanked him for taking care of us as the tears of a little boy were dried and replaced with a smile. While it might seem like a small thing, to us it was HUGE because he didn't have to do that, and he made a little guy very happy!

I've had other great experiences inside that same store, but this happened outside the store, and we could easily have been left to our own error, but Joe at Store 769 lived up to the store's reputation of putting customers first. <3 (In case TJ's wants to give this top notch employee kudos, I want to you to know that he was leaving around 230 pm on Thursday, 3/14/19.) Thank you so much! Bonnie.

Original review: March 16, 2019

A++++++++ great customer service. Everyone is so nice and helpful. They have a good selection of food also. A lot of different products. And someone is always there to help and they smile.... I only wish they had more locations but in time I’m sure it will happen.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

I shop at Trader Joe's because they have a generous return policy. Their customer is also over & above what is expected which is important to me. I buy all my veggies & food there because their brands are never GMO, genetically modified which is critical to me.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Trader Joe's?

Original review: Aug. 13, 2019

Employees at a 14th Street Union Square NYC Trader Joe's store asked to check my bag and accused me of shoplifting today. I refused, they called the cops and an EMT ambulance on me and told me to never come back to their store today even though I didn't steal anything. I finally showed them my bag. When the cops arrived, they saw I did not steal anything and still accused me of shoplifting and told me never to come to their store again. I want to make a complaint about it.

Original review: June 4, 2019

Most of cashiers at Trader Joe's are very friendly. I had the worse nightmare with one cashier in Third Ave and 32nd Street. Her name is **, Julissa. She is Moody and over charges items. Went back to tell them about it and they ignored the whole situation. Just gave back the change without a single apology. She was not even accepting customers when other cashiers are continouly getting new customers to help. When came back home she even gave a less than what she was supposed to give me. Too tired to go back. Not professional and not trained. They have favoritism towards customers and it's getting worse. Manager did not care at all. Used to love this place but was getting worse and worse. She should be fired and the manager should be replaced!

Original review: May 18, 2019

Loved the Trader Joe's Peruvian Corn (giant corn nuts) UNTIL I saw the ingredients and realized they use PALM OIL! The worst most harmful oil to produce. The home to orangutans who are being maimed and burned while palm oil is chopped down and harvested. Leaving the animals homeless, hurt or killed. Depleting rain forests. Can Trader Joe's use ANY OTHER oil rather than this one?!

TJ's chicken bone broth small carton is terrible tasting. If you like the taste of dirty dishwater after soaking off a burned skillet, you’re probably the only one who will think it is edible. This is making me wonder about the quality of Trader Joe's and ingredients used. They have a frozen Chinese soup I bought and microwaved and when I tasted it I could have sworn I was drinking hot sugar chicken broth. It was so sweet I looked at the ingredients list 'cause I couldn’t believe what I was tasting! Guess what?! And WHY did I actually find sugar in the ingredients list?! Eeeewwww! Sweet chicken soup?! Yuck, had to pour it down the drain. I wouldn't think anybody would want their savory Chinese soup to taste like someone put a couple spoonfuls of sugar in it.

P.S. Avoid the salmon jerky if you’re hoping not to gag. Produce isn't always the freshest...but I get the arugula and it's been ok. After trying several items...the good stuff at Trader Joe's is cheese, nuts, seaweed, pine nuts, coconut oils, nut butters, kind bars, unsalted peanut butter pretzels, dried fruit, sesame oil, and small plants or flowers.

Original review: May 11, 2019

Been a loyal TJs shopper for years. Used to love their balsamic rosemary chicken. Have purchased both cooked and uncooked meat products. But never again. Chewy, not chicken-like in texture meat that is so subpar it's gone in the trash the last few times we've tried it. Just disgusting. When your whole family takes a bite, looks at each other, and spits it out in unison...it would be funny if everyone wasn't gagging. And it's not just the meat! I'm honestly disappointed in the quality of their products across the board. Downhill in the last 3-5 years, and rapidly. You're losing customers TJs. Get it together.

Original review: May 4, 2019

The wine suffices to accompany a meal. My concern is the three different wines I've tried all leave a film inside a wine glass. This has never happened with bottled wines. Suspect it is related to the plastic bag that holds the wine. I've sent an email to TJ's but from past experience I do not expect a response. Anyone have input on this?

Trader Joe's expert review by Jim Angelus

Trader Joe's is a chain grocery store that is a leader in organic and fresh food. Founded in 1958, the company's products are known for not containing any artificial preservatives and ingredients. Hence, the store is very popular with health-conscious shoppers, as well as those concerned about fair treatment of farm animals and responsibility to the environment.

• Delicious flavors: Trader Joe's bacon is smoked over real woods, giving it a distinct and delicious taste.

• No chemical curing agents: Nitrites, which have been known to cause cancer, are not added during the production process.

• Bacon snacks: Those who dream of combining chocolate and bacon into one delicious treat will have that dream answered at Trader Joe's.

• Fully cooked options: To make life more convenient for customers, Trader Joe's also sells fully cooked bacon; it just needs to be heated in the microwave.

• Easy purchasing: Trader Joe's has locations throughout the United States, making it simple for most consumers to purchase bacon products from the company's stores.

• Best for: Bacon lovers looking for tastier (and healthier) uncured options, customers who love the flavor of applewood and foodies who want to use bacon in a recipe.

Profile picture of Jim Angelus
      Jim Angelus Bacon Contributing Editor

Jim Angelus has 25 plus years of restaurant experience, and he brings this experience to his food truck. Bacon Bacon is a place where foodies and bacon lovers generally can find mouthwatering meals in a friendly atmosphere. Jim opened his food truck in 2010. It is now a popular bay area food truck and sandwich shop, open seven days a week for breakfast and lunch. Bacon Bacon has appeared on Food Network, CNN and Discovery Network. Most important to Jim, he has a successful business that allows him participate in the industry he is most passionate about and be home in time to put dinner on his family’s table.

Trader Joe's Company Information